Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E19: Dottie & Cynthia LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Oh boy, its the Heroic Walk Across the Airport.

The least-recognized television trope.  Really undervalued.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Starting a pool. How many times can Dottie say Landon needs his momma. I've counted at least 4 so far.

Screw it, I’m going to drink every time. 

when my posts become nothing more than sound and fury, please forgive me. Thank you in advance. 🍺

• LOL 15
29 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

Hi I remember both. Cynthia got to a certain weight after surgery and didn't want to lose any more.

Hey y'all are Pounder Peeps!

I remember them both too. I believe that Cynthia left Dr. Now's program when she was around 375 or 385 and I think was making noises about being a size 14 and not wanting to lose too much weight. Uh huh.

As for Dottie, I was so sad at the passing of her son but he seemed to suffer so many multiple hospitalizations and health care emergencies that at least I hope he's at peace now and that she has had lots of support in her grief.

Now I'm off to cheat on this show with The Masked Singer.😁 Hey, it's the quarter finals and I am totally stumped.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Gbb said:

Hi Pounders!

Damn, Dottie is annoying!

I got a giggle on FB earlier. Let’s see if I can make this work...

I really want to meet him. The stories he must have to tell over dinner. 1200 calories or less of course 😉 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

It takes huge balls to order fast food from the rehab facility.

Used to happen  all the time  at the Brookhaven  Obesity Clinic (anyone else  remember that  show?)

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Chicklet said:

Holy cow people, get started late and you can't catch up. I ate great until the raspberry chiffon frozen almond dessert stuff attacked me.

That stuff is vicious.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, Concerned said:

I remember Dottie single handedly keeping Papa John’s I business. Now with the shelter in place, Papa John is making bank.

Was it Domino's? I remember the pie ("PAH"), but can't remember the restaurant that made a pie topped with brownies and a landscape of chocolate chips. 

• Love 1

At 364 lbs, Cynthia needs to stop wearing tube tops, and strapless tops.    One good sneeze and Dr. Now will be getting an eyeful, and the camera person will quit on the spot.  

Why do I have the feeling Cynthia's headstone will read "Supersize Me"

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Yes, its probably just water weight. Plus the mattress makes her look fat. 

As you recall, it's all about the salt, courtesy of Megan's extensive knowledge. 
Who knew sodium weighed so much!

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
Just now, Kid said:

Another one doesn’t understand what happened!!

Another under-recognized television trope.

Just now, Colleenna said:

[Patients ordering in food] Used to happen  all the time  at the Brookhaven  Obesity Clinic (anyone else  remember that  show?)

Lord, yes! I ran across the name Brookhaven (not the clinic) in my work recently and thought about that show. That clinic was Dysfunction Junction for sure. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Look at Dr Now giving concrete actions to take control! Every night go over 3 things from the day: Frequency of eating, amount of food and what you’re eating.

May try that one myself. Quarantine has given me the excuse to slip back into bad habits. I’ve lost 140 lbs but I can tell I’m gaining in recent weeks...

• Love 8
Just now, Gbb said:

Look at Dr Now giving concrete actions to take control! Every night go over 3 things from the day: Frequency of eating, amount of food and what you’re eating.

May try that one myself. Quarantine has given me the excuse to slip back into bad habits. I’ve lost 140 lbs but I can tell I’m gaining in recent weeks...

You're amazing!  If you lost 140 before, you can get those "fluctuations" under control. I am sincerely impressed.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, LizzyB said:

Lola looks pretty and very fancy for the rehab facility!

I think she has a beautiful face.

• Love 8

Shoot - The days are just sliding one into the other & I forgot it was Wednesday. My eating habit is the whole bag of Gardein Nashville Hot Chick'n.  Don't judge. Also OMAD, so there's that.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Yes, thanks for the three minutes of your time, Lola. Dottie's all cured now.

All these shapeless lumps are forever caterwauling about how their families need them. HOW? They can't take care of their kids, cook, provide home comforts, work to support them. They're too busy shoveling down chicken wings to help with homework. These twits need to get over themselves. 

• Love 18