Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E19: Dottie & Cynthia LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Just now, poeticlicensed said:

Is Landon special needs? That's how Dottie talks about him 

I remember speculation during her original episode that he was pretty much ignored because Daniel needed a lot of care and attention.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, Concerned said:

Surprised Lola didn’t ask Dottie to write her dead son a letter suggesting they forgive each other.

And send it to the North Pole, so Santa can deliver it on his next round?!😂

• LOL 1
5 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

I wonder if these scenes are edited for time. If not, that's quick therapy..

These therapy scenes are either re-enactments or tiny snippets of the actual sessions. I mean, we can't watch the whole 50 minutes. 

2 minutes ago, Gbb said:

“In these uncertain times, we need our toilets more than ever...”

Hahahaha, my boss was taking part in an Institute-wide Town Hall meeting yesterday, and we were talking about what she was going to say. I told her-just don't say "in these uncertain times" or "now more than ever" or "we're all in this together". I'm pleased to report she did not say any of those. 

1 minute ago, ThereButFor said:

Anyone I knew in rehab was encouraged to wear actual clothes during the day!

Admitted my knowledge is limited, but my understanding is that most patients are encouraged to get up out of bed and wear clothes. My mother used to bring my dad a stack of clean clothes every week when he was in a rehab facility. 

• Love 7

This is a theme show- "I want to do this for MY FAMBLY" lies all lies, Landon doesn't know her because Mom was so wrapped up in the first kid, Cynthia is toooo busy to eat food that doesn't pop out of a fast food window. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, poeticlicensed said:

I would make a terrible patient . I hate being in bed if I'm not sleeping and I change out of my pjs the second I get up in the morning 

Same here! And unless I'm  really  sick, once I'm  up, I am UP until bedtime  that night. Again,  unless I'm  sick, if I let my body sleep  as long as it wants to,  I'll  wake up within 5 minutes  either side of 8 hours.... 7:55 or 8:05...

• Love 1
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Concerned said:

His wife was gone for months and the husband bought her cheap supermarket flowers. Must have set him back $3.

I was wondering if she was going to go back home, and find Daddy, and Landon had moved and left no forwarding address. 

She plays with her butt wings more than Dr. Now plays with one of those 10 lbs of stomach he removes.

Who is she kidding, she ignored that poor kid from the day he was born, for his brother.    Why is she hauling Landon around like he's a sack of lard?    That's how she used to haul her other son around.   Let Landon walk and climb by himself.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
15 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

They prefer that you wear the hospital gown, but basically you can wear your own gown or pjs as long as the nurse can access an arm for blood pressure cuffs and IVs. The worst are those awful socks with the supposedly no slip bottoms.

The only time I was in the hospital was in the short stay unit, for less than 12 hours. I remember wearing a fleece pullover robe-type thing, but I was only there for ear tubes so they didn't really need to access the rest of me once I was out of the recovery room.

Edited by ams1001

Oh Cynthia, it's a copout to blame the kids.  That can't be right!  Because I blame my poor eating habits on the fact that I DON'T have kids!   If I had kid's there's no way they be eating fast food more than once a week.  Pinky promise.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Wow!   That wheelchair attendant is so strong!    Pushing two wheelchairs at once!   

My 115 lb. aunt needed a wheel chair at the airport.  She was worried she was too much for the attendant to push.  I quickly ended her concerns with tales from my 600 lb life.

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Is Landon special needs? That's how Dottie talks about him 

I was wondering if was autistic or something, with her talking about him being "in a shell."

• Love 3
(edited)

Landon seems like he was just neglected poor little kid.

Oh and Dr. Now needs to bust open his lab coat when patients tell him they worked hard to reveal:

"Well you were wrong!"

on  his tee shirt.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Chicklet said:

This is a theme show- "I want to do this for MY FAMBLY" lies all lies, Landon doesn't know her because Mom was so wrapped up in the first kid, Cynthia is toooo busy to eat food that doesn't pop out of a fast food window. 

I watch this YouTuber w/8 kids. She did a big grocery haul (I love those) and pointed out the food she would pack up to take to the sporting events, etc. in which some of the kids were involved. You don't have to have fast food - and it was real food that kids eat, not twigs and berries.

• Love 8

Oh, good grief.   I know I sound like a broken record every week when I rant that Dr Now needs to tell them to get a scale when they get under 500 pounds or so and to keep a food diary and write down every thing they eat in a day.   Even if they only do it for a few weeks it might help them realize that they are eating more than they realize ( says the woman who made sugar cookies over the weekend and ate about 75 percent of them).

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Any chance you might share..?

I like my banana bread recipe. It starts with "remove odd pots and pans from oven."

Hey, it's better than 'find a clean pot' or 'find a pot and wash it' as the first step! :)))

Do you want the recipe for the soup or for banana bread?  I am happy to share both in the Small Talk thread after the show. 🙂

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

I've never been hospitalized for more than a day so I need info. Do you have to wear those awful gowns? Can you bring your own pjs to wear? I cant imagine being in a rehab for weeks and weeks and wearing hospital gowns the whole time. 

I have been in a few times. I  put on underwear,  jeans, socks and sneakers, a bra and a zip front hoodie. I had to ask a tech to unhook the iv for a moment so I could put it on, but I got dressed! I sat in a chair or asked for a recliner. I did not stay in bed all day. 

When it was knee surgery, and I could not put on jeans, I brought  elastic waist shorts with me.  I was NOT lying around in that Gown of Humiliation.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

FFS ... I can't wait for YOU to be back with Landon and Chris so I don't have to hear about them anymore.

Step 1: Tune her out.  Try waxing the floors when she graces your tv screen. 
Anything is better than her bellyaching about this. GTF home, already.

• LOL 1
2 minutes ago, aliya said:

Dottie was never one of my favorites. Landon has issues because 'mama' spent all her time with the other child and Landon was an afterthought. I can't stand these obesees who talk about their kids. If you loved your kids, you wouldn't be 600 lbs. 

Jeez - I've seen moms welcome their sons back from 2 yrs in the LDS mission field or from a tour in Iraq who cried less. 

Yep.

1 minute ago, ThereButFor said:

I remember speculation during her original episode that he was pretty much ignored because Daniel needed a lot of care and attention.

That's my take on it.

1 minute ago, Snarkastikate said:

Kid v either forgot who his mama is, or he's scared of the cameraman.   How long has she been gone?   

I can't judge Landon based on that short scene. My first thought is like @Snarkastikate said - he may have been tired, intimidated by going to the airport and the camera and all of it. I don't think it's abnormal for a little kid to be withdrawn when a parent returns from a long absence. He needs time to readjust to her being home and may have abandonment issues from (a) her recent absence and (b) how she IMO neglected him to care for his older disabled brother.

Of course, Dottie's spinning this in her favor: "I was afraid of this (his reaction) and that's why I need to stay home and eat pizza and smoke and never go back to Houston. Ever. Landon needs his mama."

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, FormeryHeavyJ said:

She calls THAT hard work?????  Listen chubs....hard work is going running with me at 530am when it's 40 degrees out.  

I still have 5 miles to do tonight, because I couldn’t get up at 5:30 am. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, ThereButFor said:

Dottie seems to have awful luck with having healthy children.  Then again, Landon seems to be much like his father, and I don't mean that snarkily. He's odd, and doesn't communicate well. I see undiagnosed issues everywhere in this family. 

• Love 6

OMG, what an adorable little ginger Landon is. Sorry for Dottie that he didn't want to hug her. Wonder what that's all about? Is it because he felt abandoned by her? Gee, I dunno.

Oh Cynthia, Cynthia, Cynthia............... I think that with most of us here in quarantine, we know that when shit gets tough FAST FOOD IS NOT THE ONLY OPTION!!! Aaarrrgggh, can these poundticipants puleeeze stop saying that!?

• Love 7
1 minute ago, aliya said:

I watch this YouTuber w/8 kids. She did a big grocery haul (I love those) and pointed out the food she would pack up to take to the sporting events, etc. in which some of the kids were involved. You don't have to have fast food - and it was real food that kids eat, not twigs and berries.

Well, we only had two, but I did the same.   I used to pack a healthy snack for our daughter and her friend that I took to gymnastics.  And also when we took them to piano lessons.  I would bring a picnic lunch to the sports events, too.   We occasionally did fast food, but it was more of a treat. 

• Love 1

I’ve thought from the start that Landon is on the spectrum (as the mother of a 25 yr old autistic son I have radar). And I think Dottie is happiest with a child with issues so she can be a martyr. She’s trying to turn him into a mini Daniel with the Over the shoulder sling and taking him from his toys just to plop him down in a dark room in front of the TV with her. And in her mind she’s the only one who can keep up with his schedule so he doesn’t regress. He must have been flinging feces with just Chris if he regressed from what he does with her. Poor little boy doesn’t have a chance.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8