Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E19: Dottie & Cynthia LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Every time Dottie comes back on, I use that time to catch up on posts.

But wait...Lola's making rehab calls. 

AND sporting a Cher wig today!! 

That wig is giving me life:  You babe? I want you, babe! 
(Another week, more new growth. YIKES!)

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, aliya said:

Shoot - The days are just sliding one into the other & I forgot it was Wednesday. My eating habit is the whole bag of Gardein Nashville Hot Chick'n.  Don't judge. Also OMAD, so there's that.

We had the Mandarin  orange chik'n Monday night (1bag, 2 people).

• Love 1

Gee, Dr.Baby Voice um, Dr. Lola looks very lovely tonight AND I think she gave Dottie some very good advice to join a grief therapy group. That was so telling that Dottie said she'd cried but not grieved.

• Love 13
Just now, Giant Misfit said:

Yes, thanks for the three minutes of your time, Lola. Dottie's all cured now.

I wonder if these scenes are edited for time. If not, that's quick therapy.

The theme: My children need me. No busy mother has ever met her weight loss goals.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Gbb said:

Look at Dr Now giving concrete actions to take control! Every night go over 3 things from the day: Frequency of eating, amount of food and what you’re eating.

May try that one myself. Quarantine has given me the excuse to slip back into bad habits. I’ve lost 140 lbs but I can tell I’m gaining in recent weeks...

I was glad to see him give very specific advice.  'Bout time.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

All these shapeless lumps are forever caterwauling about how their families need them. HOW? They can't take care of their kids, cook, provide home comforts, work to support them. They're too busy shoveling down chicken wings to help with homework. These twits need to get over themselves. 

I was actually pretty surprised how well Dottie was able to move her older son around (though it didn't look too comfortable for him being slung over her shoulder the way she did).

• Love 8

well, Lola's hair looks good.  I am not too impressed with her dress--being the shallow person that I am- and her suggestion that Dottie go to a grief therapy group or therapist seemed better than writing a letter to Daniel.

I am wondering if these follow-ups ---especially with Pauline and Cynthia--- are showing us that there are some/few/many patients who quit for a while and then return.  This leaves me wondering if we will see Jeane or Maya or one of the Angelas back next year.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Oh GAWD! At 28 minutes in, yet another chorus of "It's not fair" and "Landon needs his mama."

Whatcha wanna bet she never once said “Landon needs his mama” when Daniel was alive and being flung over her shoulder?

• Useful 3
  • Love 11

I've never been hospitalized for more than a day so I need info. Do you have to wear those awful gowns? Can you bring your own pjs to wear? I cant imagine being in a rehab for weeks and weeks and wearing hospital gowns the whole time. 

• Love 1

Hi All!  With every day being the same nowadays, I forgot it was Wednesday and just tuned in. 

Eating habit today is beef barley soup, I finally found a recipe I like.  And I will make banana bread tonight, if the whole country is baking, I feel that I should too!

• Love 1
Just now, FormeryHeavyJ said:

Anyone else getting sick of EVERY SINGLE COMMERCIAL being a covid commercial?  What's next?  Roto-Rooter advertising a special rate for clogged sewer lines because we are all home pooping together????

I definitely would like that to be contactless.  No need to shake my hand.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Chicklet said:

Wait a minute here, her husband "triggers" her and makes her eat bad food? He hasn't Been around here for WEEKS. Dumb cow.

I’m sorry, I have to bread and fry practically every meat and fish my husband eats for dinner.  I can’t have any of it so I cook mine plain.  He eats French fries and rice and pasta, I need to stick to green veg.  Would I prefer if he only ate things I could?  Sure, but that is NOT real life.  He isn’t obese so he can eat that stuff and doesn’t need to be punished by giving them up.  

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, FormeryHeavyJ said:

She feels like SHE'S in hell???????  I SPENT TODAY READING TAX CODE UPDATES!!!  SUCK IT DOTTIE!!!!

Eons ago I did an LLM in Taxation (Estates & Trusts). This was after 3 tax courses in law school (my choice). I love the freakin' tax code.  I think things have changed a bit. There were 2 IRS folks in my class. They said they had 7 computer systems that didn't 'talk' to each other. How they got any work done, and how they could serve the public, I don't know. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, FormeryHeavyJ said:

Anyone else getting sick of EVERY SINGLE COMMERCIAL being a covid commercial?  What's next?  Roto-Rooter advertising a special rate for clogged sewer lines because we are all home pooping together????

“In these uncertain times, we need our toilets more than ever...”

• LOL 22
1 minute ago, babyhouseman said:

I wonder if these scenes are edited for time. If not, that's quick therapy.

I think they are segments specifically filmed for the show.   With all the confidentiality requirements, I can't imagine a bona fide therapy session being observed by some random cameraman, then viewed by editors, and excerpts televised. 

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Used to happen  all the time  at the Brookhaven  Obesity Clinic (anyone else  remember that  show?)

Yeah, and I think it has happened with more than a few of Dr Now's patients either in rehab or at the regular hospitals.

I definitely remember that show.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, poeticlicensed said:

I've never been hospitalized for more than a day so I need info. Do you have to wear those awful gowns? Can you bring your own pjs to wear? I cant imagine being in a rehab for weeks and weeks and wearing hospital gowns the whole time. 

Some people bring larger hospital gowns that are heavier and provide better coverage.  If you're in for a long time, depending on how much access to you body is needed, you can usually switch to other cloths.  My brother wore sweat pants and T shirts except when he was really ill.

• Love 3

FFS ... I can't wait for YOU to be back with Landon and Chris so I don't have to hear about them anymore.

23 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Sister Grace had a broom, and she wasn't afraid to use it.  I remember her chasing some boy down the hall with it.  

The nuns used to throw erasers at the boys in my school. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Anyone I knew in rehab was encouraged to wear actual clothes during the day!

• Love 4

They prefer that you wear the hospital gown, but basically you can wear your own gown or pjs as long as the nurse can access an arm for blood pressure cuffs and IVs. The worst are those awful socks with the supposedly no slip bottoms.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Eating habit today is beef barley soup, I finally found a recipe I like.  And I will make banana bread tonight, if the whole country is baking, I feel that I should too!

Any chance you might share..?

I like my banana bread recipe. It starts with "remove odd pots and pans from oven."

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
Just now, ThereButFor said:

Anyone I knew in rehab was encouraged to wear actual clothes during the day!

I would make a terrible patient . I hate being in bed if I'm not sleeping and I change out of my pjs the second I get up in the morning 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, aliya said:

Eons ago I did an LLM in Taxation (Estates & Trusts). This was after 3 tax courses in law school (my choice). I love the freakin' tax code.  I think things have changed a bit. There were 2 IRS folks in my class. They said they had 7 computer systems that didn't 'talk' to each other. How they got any work done, and how they could serve the public, I don't know. 

I spent 2 years as a Revenue Agent, and I enjoyed reading case law so much I left and went to law school  We had to take a course in taxation which I probably could have taught.  That was back in the late 70's.

• Love 3

So, basically, this "I'll never leave Langdon again," is nothing but a set up for Dottie to quit "the program" and never go back to Houston again.

I really do think that Dottie's figure is tragic. She has the widest hips I've ever seen, and as she loses, here bottom is actually hanging. All snark aside, that is just awful.  

• Love 11
(edited)

Wow!   That wheelchair attendant is so strong!    Pushing two wheelchairs at once!   

Poor Landon.  Still in diapers at his age, and meeting  a mother at the airport he barely remembers.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, FormeryHeavyJ said:

It is becoming so disingenuous to me.  They all care about us (and our spending potential since we can do nothing, but order online). 😒

Airing these commercials is going on too long.  I think we need to turn the advertising corner.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, aliya said:

The nuns used to throw erasers at the boys in my school. 

Well, there was that, too, but she had the only broom that I remember.

Dottie was never one of my favorites. Landon has issues because 'mama' spent all her time with the other child and Landon was an afterthought. I can't stand these obesees who talk about their kids. If you loved your kids, you wouldn't be 600 lbs. 

Jeez - I've seen moms welcome their sons back from 2 yrs in the LDS mission field or from a tour in Iraq who cried less. 

• Love 18