Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 2: This Thread is Only 60% Good

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, mmecorday said:

I'm sure there's lots of American grub that people from other countries find completely revolting. Like scrapple, grits, fried cheese, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, whatever was in Ally Sheedy's lunch bag in "A Breakfast Club."

Mayonnaise.  it's repulsive. 

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, RichiesOlderBro said:

I believe it. 

There’s an Indian matchmaking show on Netflix, there’s not a lot of dating going on for the nerdy guys like Some Meat.  

I believe it, too. Older male virgins is not that uncommon. It happens. And it's not like women were probably lining up around the block for him. My Indian friends say he's not a catch there, either. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
Just now, Kiss my mutt said:

Kenny is acting like a little bitch. I don’t have much sympathy for anyone who doesn’t do some preparation to be able to function in a foreign country. Hopefully this is temporary. 

But as you can see in these TLC shows no one prepares to go to a foreign country, they expect the foreign country and their people to adapt to them.....

• Love 9

Why is this show only an hour and HEA 2 hours??!! Last night seeing Coltee and Libby for two solid hours was sooooo hard to get through. I can easily watch two hours of TOW. TLC, you need to sink that B90 Strikes Back show.

• Love 18

I'm sure there's lots of American grub that people from other countries find completely revolting. Like scrapple, grits, fried cheese, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, whatever was in Ally Sheedy's lunch bag in "A Breakfast Club."

Pumpkin pie. It’s a vegetable to me

• Love 3

whatever was in Ally Sheedy's lunch bag in "The Breakfast Club."

Dead. Oddly enough I just recorded A doc on The Breakfast Club today on the Reelz channel. Love that movie. I’m such an 80’s girl. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I’ve  lived overseas for years, and inviting non-Americans to Thanksgiving is the best annual tradition. Hands down, the food non-Americans get the most confused by is sweet potato casserole. They can’t ever fathom marshmallows and brown sugar on vegetables. Lol

• LOL 8
(edited)
3 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I have never seen Mexican cola, what does the bottle or can look like?

They're really Coca Cola, in small bottles, with metal caps, and they make it with pure cane sugar.   It's not that beet sugar we all grew up with.   I'll never forgive Castro for screwing up the Sugar Cane sugar industry.      

I'm not watching the pregnant husband show either.    That attorney's office was literally a store front.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I have never seen Mexican cola, what does the bottle or can look like?

Bottle looks like American coke, same logo, but with Hecho en Mexico across the top of the label.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, kendi said:

Why is this show only an hour and HEA 2 hours??!! Last night seeing Coltee and Libby for two solid hours was sooooo hard to get through. I can easily watch two hours of TOW. TLC, you need to sink that B90 Strikes Back show.

IKR? Come on TLC!

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Zombness said:

But as you can see in these TLC shows no one prepares to go to a foreign country, they expect the foreign country and their people to adapt to them.....

Which is why I constantly annoyed! Lol

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Angry Moldovan said:

I made it for my colleagues when I was living in South Australia (I had a Canadian Thanksgiving). They were confused, but some liked it. They loved the Nanaimo Bars and butter tarts though!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Vandy10 said:

I’ve  lived overseas for years, and inviting non-Americans to Thanksgiving is the best annual tradition. Hands down, the food non-Americans get the most confused by is sweet potato casserole. They can’t ever fathom marshmallows and brown sugar on vegetables. Lol

There's a restaurant down the road that makes the BEST sweet potato casserole, calls it sweet potato creme brulee.  It is like a dessert...I miss it 😞

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Angry Moldovan said:

See, what’d I say? Sugar on baked vegetables is truly a unique American creation...and very confusing to others. 😂

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

I always wore lipstick when I left the house.  Now it sits in the drawer getting old.  I can only look at it as I’m saving money by not being able to wear it.

I didn't know whether to click the like or cry emoji on that, as I'm in the same boat. I still wear lip balm but it's not the same. 😒

• Love 6
Just now, CrazyInAlabama said:

They're really Coca Cola, in small bottles, with metal caps, and they make it with pure cane sugar.   It's not that beet sugar we all grew up with.   I'll never forgive Castro for screwing up the Sugar Cane sugar industry.      

I'm not watching the pregnant husband show either.  

Sugar cane lobby did that. Sugar cane is one of the few produce items that still have a country by country import quota to keep the domestic prices high. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, RichiesOlderBro said:

I always thought Ally was hotter before the make over.  

I always tell my younger sister to stop wearing that black shit under her eyes.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Floatingbison said:

"Sorry for the delay."  I think Sumit uses that line when he's working at the call center.

But he gave up work last season to babysit Jenny.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Kenny is acting like a little bitch. I don’t have much sympathy for anyone who doesn’t do some preparation to be able to function in a foreign country. Hopefully this is temporary. 

Next week on 90 Day Fiance: The Other Way - Kenny tries Moldovan food!

• LOL 23
  • Love 1