Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 2: This Thread is Only 60% Good

• Start Topic

Why is Brittany even in this relationship?

and TLC? We’ve all heard the “I’m an American! Respect me while I disrespect you, dammit!” speech from Laura, Angela, Rebecca....enough.

• Love 16

Deaven “If I knew you didn’t have any money I wouldn’t have CAME here” 

Paul’s Mother “if I knew Karine and Pierre-y weren’t coming to dinner, I wouldn’t have CAME” 

sigh 

• LOL 4
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, kendi said:

She's never going to get a straight answer from Sumit. And anything that she can't understand, she will probably get a partial or false interpretation. She's not too bright and there are no consequences and he plays on that.

I say it every week: If Sumit’s lips are moving, he’s lying.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

I love all these people, they go to another country trying to put "the American ways" on them.    Brittany grow up, if you do not like the Islam way, you should have gotten an American man.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
(edited)

Does Brittany realize she's not in America?

Brittany, you're disrespectful.  You're in HIS country.  He's not being controlling he's telling you what's acceptable in HIS country.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 15
Just now, Neurochick said:

Brittany, Yazan's NOT controlling you.  You're in HIS country idiot.

Right? There are worrisome behaviours he’s exhibiting, but asking someone to respect the cultural practices of his country is not controlling. She’s fixating on the wrong behaviours. 

• Love 17
1 minute ago, magemaud said:

Paul’s Mother “if I knew Karine and Pierre-y weren’t coming to dinner, I wouldn’t have CAME” 

sigh 

Agreed

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I’m Jewish too. The observation of religious rules is on a continuum.

I have a friend that i see every year at a convention who is a very strict Orthodox Jew. He has a Shabbos Goy every con to press elevator buttons and such on Shabbat

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Brittany, Yazan's NOT controlling you.  You're in HIS country idiot.

She is so disrespectful and keeps mouthing off like that. She's really trying to see how far she can push him and I'm ready to smack her myself. She knew what he expected from her and she decided to go there, leading him to believe that she was on board. I cannot stand her. 

• Love 20

Hey Brittany, if you don’t like the culture, GO HOME. Where the hell did she think she was going? These people need to get a damn clue and research other cultures and religions before flying around the world for their internet “love”.

• Love 21
(edited)

In a country where divorce isn't accepted or common, Sumit happens to have a friend who just happens to be on year four of his separation?

Daddy Yazan was so nice about telling his son to take flowers to Brittany when she arrived, I don't think he'll be too happy about the fact she's still married, and hasn't even started her divorce proceedings. 

Is Brittany actually mid-20's?  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, magemaud said:

sigh 

If the men in their lives wouldn’t have “came,” things would be so much better.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 15
  • Love 1

Does Sunhe’s daughter wear contacts? 

And I still think it sucks that TLC made a big show of cancelling the Duggars when we found out about the sexual abuse but then gave them their show back by repackaging it as the triumph of the victims. Gag.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, kacesq said:

Why is Brittany even in this relationship?

and TLC? We’ve all heard the “I’m an American! Respect me while I disrespect you, dammit!” speech from Laura, Angela, Rebecca....enough.

Yeah, and if the SO moves to America they better forget their culture and blend blend blend!!! So irritating.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Brittany's interpretation of "please wear a headscarf to show respect to my parents and my culture" to mean "you hate me, you're trying to control me, you're trying to make me not do what I want and cancel out my life" is really, um, something.

Men’s don’t control her

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
(edited)

She is such an idiot.  In a secular culture we can all live as we choose, but she is engaged to a devout Muslim with a devout family and plans to live in a devout country.   If she thinks she is miserable with him telling her what to do, it will be 10x worse if she behaves that way in public as his fiancé.   Tourists are given some latitude.  Not wives.

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 16

So Brittany has actually been to Jordan before to visit him? Then how is any of this information about what she needs to wear and how she needs to act in public, and in turn how she reacts to being told this, a surprise to either of them? Does she actually think it would be different? It feels like this is a total put on, perhaps only on her part, but maybe both.

And then there is the whole "I'm still married" story line...

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

In a country where divorce isn't accepted or common, Sumit happens to have a friend who just happens to be on year four of his separation?

Sumit probably paid his friend to say that.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I don’t think Brittney realizes that some men might not tolerate a modern, opinionated, independent woman, as herself.  She could get hurt. People get hurt in domestic violence here in US, but to push buttons, fan the flame and throw it in his face while in foreign country....seems very reckless.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Daddy Yazan was so nice about telling his son to take flowers to Brittany when she arrived, I don't think he'll be too happy about the fact she's still married, and hasn't even started her divorce proceedings. 

Wait until he fully understands what a rude, self centered, trashy skank his son has chosen. It will break his heart.

• Love 11
(edited)

I understand that some folks might find these living arrangements unacceptable, but I can’t imagine where they thought they were coming.  You’re not going to find crown molding and marble countertops. 

Edited by Suzy Rhapsody
  • Love 17