Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 2: This Thread is Only 60% Good

• Start Topic

Just now, LilaFowler said:

Is Mommy Moneybags going to buy them a nice, new place in Ethiopia or ...?

That’s probably what Princess Ari is hoping for...and then just like Cold shoulder Tifffany, Ari will move back to Princeton and regale everyone with her exotic adventure!

• Love 13

Yes, Ariela's mom is privileged. But at the same time--think about it. What if one of them gets sick? What if somehow Ariela can't breastfeed? How's she going to be able to prepare formula?

This is the kind of poverty where babies actually do die. 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, KelseyNikki614 said:

Do they realize that many people raise children in Ethiopia? And they somehow manage. 

I hate their attitudes. Poor guy really tried and I feel bad for him. Areola made her choice and she's gotta suck it up. 

• Love 17

I just don’t understand what kind of living arrangements Ariela though Biniyam was going to have.  Did they only stay at her hotel during her previous visits?  Perhaps she’s just hoping mommy and daddy will be so appalled, they will cough up the funds for a better place.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Depends on how Conservative/Reform you are. I mean, I know plenty of Jewish people who eat bacon.

I was surprised once when a Jewish school friend got a ham & cheese sandwich at a fast food place.  Maybe they draw the line at pork.

• Love 1

(I just went and looked up the infant mortality rate in Ethiopia. 39.1 per 1,000. The US is 5.8... and we are considered to have a poor infant mortality rate for an industrialized country. In Sweden it's 1.9.) 

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Floatingbison said:

"The poverty in Ethiopia is shocking!"

Yeah no shit.

Kinda like Ed saying the Philippines is like a third world country!

I’m not sure which is worse, Aerola’s teeth or voice. I hope the baby takes after daddy. 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Mama brought her judgey pants, I see.

And "As a professional healthcare professional for 35 years" is the new "I have an illness."

The new normal in this pandemic times...................

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Neurochick said:

Dear Brittany, you're in Jordan.  Ever heard the saying, "when in Rome?" 

LOL at the example.  When I was in a Rome many years ago, you could not enter the churches without covering your shoulders and knees.  Those were the rules.  Comply or leave.  

• Love 13
Just now, HulaTallula said:

Yes, Ariela's mom is privileged. But at the same time--think about it. What if one of them gets sick? What if somehow Ariela can't breastfeed? How's she going to be able to prepare formula?

This is the kind of poverty where babies actually do die. 

Areola is the one who thinks it's super important for him to be present at the birth. She could have just as well stayed back, had the baby and then brought the baby with her later. She's an idiot and I have zero tolerance for her smiley attitude. Her mom is there to hopefully bring her back and talk some sense into her. I doubt that it will have any bearing on Areola's stubborn decision.

• Love 19
1 minute ago, Zombness said:

I feel sorry for Biyam because he did his best with what he has.    We have others like.....Jihoon...that didn't even take the time to check the apartment Devan got. 

I think Deavan would have appreciated at least the effort. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Kinda like Ed saying the Philippines is like a third world country!

I’m not sure which is worse, Aerola’s teeth or voice. I hope the baby takes after daddy. 

You forgot her nose.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, kendi said:

I hate their attitudes. Poor guy really tried and I feel bad for him. Areola made her choice and she's gotta suck it up. 

Yep. And she insisted on going to Ethiopia to have the baby. I do wonder if he asked her to come, or she just thought he should be there for the birth and had to  go to him.

• Love 8
Just now, DEL901 said:

LOL at the example.  When I was in a Rome many years ago, you could not enter the churches without covering your shoulders and knees.  Those were the rules.  Comply or leave.  

About 30 years ago, we were visiting family in the DR. The oldest church in the Americas is there. Some US tourists were not allowed in wearing shorts. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, DEL901 said:

Yep. The Vatican's like that. No bare shoulders. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, charmed1 said:

I think I might be the lone non-KenMando fan. Stop with the f*cking crying already and just move already. Good lord. I’m also a big fat meanie, so there’s that.

The producers are really stretching this out. I wonder why. Not enough drama when Kenny gets there? 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

I was surprised once when a Jewish school friend got a ham & cheese sandwich at a fast food place.  Maybe they draw the line at pork.

Ham is pork. And they're not supposed to have meat and milk in the same meal, if they're strictly observant. But lots of people don't strictly obey the dietary laws. Just like a lot of Jewish people have tattoos. Strictly speaking they're not supposed to. But there are degrees. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
Just now, charmed1 said:

I think I might be the lone non-KenMando fan. Stop with the f*cking crying already and just move already. Good lord. I’m also a big fat meanie, so there’s that.

Hannah...don't touch any damp sticky Kleenex in your new house....not Daddy's or Grampa's

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Well that was a nice drone shot of Armando on the balcony of their apartment! And Kenneth dancing in the car is cute. TLC, you better not be screwing with us!!

• Love 6
Just now, HulaTallula said:

The producers are really stretching this out. I wonder why. Not enough drama when Kenny gets there? 

I kind of hope not. I want everything to work well for these two! 

• Love 4
Just now, Auntie Anxiety said:

Kenny rocking out in the car! He seems much too normal for this show.

That's why my back is up. I'm fully expecting this couple to do something totally stupid. I've had my hopes dashed too many times by this show already, so I refuse to get my hopes up for Kenny and Armando. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6