Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E10: A Breaking Point

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Lady of nod said:

If the bill becomes law, punishments for plural marriage would be limited to fines of up to $750 and community service.

Which begs the question - how exactly does that work?  Kootie loudly announces he's got 4 wives at the grocery store in the presence of a cop and he gets fined?  If he gets pulled over and boasts about 4 wives he gets fined?  If Christine picks up her food stamps to feed the whole family, does she get fined?  Do they get get fined multiple times or just once?  

Personally I would fine him every time he opens his big fat mouth just for being a lying blowhard.

• LOL 11
  • Love 8

I am still amazed at Robyn’s lack of maturity and judgment. This would have been a great time to say, “The family is going to pull together on this housing situation.  Since, I want to rent, we’ll have to downsize into a 3 bedroom house, but, it’ll be fun...we’ll make it work.  It’s just temporary.”
I mean it does work that way for people who can’t afford to rent a nonexistent 6 bedroom house.

Robyn, Meri, and Christine are all in homes far larger than they need for the number of children they still have at home. It is ridiculous, but it's how they operate. It's not just Robyn. Meri could have shared a house with one of the other wives, or she could have gotten a one bedroom apartment. There are tons of ways they could save money. Christine has at least 2 kids already gone and around 4 still at home. She could have gotten a 3 bedroom house to rent too. But nope. They all have to have a mansion, except for Janelle, who is probably the only one looking at their monthly expenses. 

• Love 13
Just now, Kellyee said:

Robyn, Meri, and Christine are all in homes far larger than they need for the number of children they still have at home. It is ridiculous, but it's how they operate. It's not just Robyn. Meri could have shared a house with one of the other wives, or she could have gotten a one bedroom apartment. There are tons of ways they could save money. Christine has at least 2 kids already gone and around 4 still at home. She could have gotten a 3 bedroom house to rent too. But nope. They all have to have a mansion, except for Janelle, who is probably the only one looking at their monthly expenses. 

I'm not going to feel a bit sorry for them when they file bankruptcy.  

• Love 20
1 hour ago, luckykat said:

That's my kind of God to sit up there in heaven and say "I know how I'll f**k with these two morons...I'll tell one to rent and the other to buy..." then sit back and laugh.

This is funny, and also because it echoed something Robyn said at the end of the episode. After talking about God the whole hour, she gave a talking head where she said, “I can’t believe God would sit there and say...”. Like, Robyn, do you believe God is a man?  You think He’s sitting or standing or showering or doing normal people things?  If you believe that about God, no skin off my nose, it just seems like something a second grader would say, back when we all thought God was a wizard in the sky.

If last night was the first time I watched the show, I would have thought Kody and Robyn were a married couple, and the three blonde women in the background were his sisters or something.

I do think Aurora was, shall we say, enhancing for camera time.  I think they (her parents and the producers) were baiting her though.  Two scenes of a big family sit-down where they told the kids the same exact things?  I bet if Aurora had had her panic attack in the first scene, the second would be on the cutting room floor, which, wow.  

Maybe it’s because I have a sister who is close in age to me and we always got grouped together, I am extra sensitive to it, but I thought Briana’s reaction was perfectly normal, even a little underwhelming.  I don’t think she should get lumped in with her sister.  

One way to knock a bedroom off of Robyn’s desired six is to have Dayton live in a dorm.  It would be a hell of a lot cheaper than trying to track down a six bedroom house.  If he doesn’t like it, he can find an apartment.  Weren’t Aspyn and Mykelti sharing an apartment at one point when they were in college?  It’s not very expensive, and it’s easy to get student loans, so the Browns wouldn’t even have to reach into their pockets.  It would mean Dayton having to leave the nest, which would be the best damn thing possible for him.

Robyn has this huge sign that says “Brown” on her mantle, and I was wondering if Christine’s and Janelle’s legal last names were “Brown” too, and if so, when do you do the legal change?  When you get the spiritual marriage?  That sounds, um, anticlimactic.

These kids look like hell.  I wish Janelle would teach Savannah how to make her hair look straight and shiny like Janelle does with her own hair.  Is she 14?  That’s a really hard age.  But Janelle is too exhausted being exhausted to worry about that.  

I second the vote that Truely and her “moco loco” is the most annoying kid in the family this week.  (We should do this vote every week).

And I’m just going to be the asshole that says the amount of weight Ysabel and Dayton gained is startling.  Their parents should get them exercising and into proper nutrition ASAP.  Everyone has the right to overeat and gain weight, but I think that decision should be made when one is an adult.  I don’t care how much Mykelti weights.  If Dayton is 18, but living at home because he needs to be babied by mom, diet and exercise should be part of that routine.  I know it’s difficult for Ysabel with the spine problems, but I am sure there is some exercise she can do.  It just looks like no one is encouraging her.  I don’t think Kody gives one shit that she used to be very fit and now it appears she’s on the road to obesity.  And that sucks.  

Gabe’s hair looks like a bird landed on it and liked it so much that she decided to build a nest there and raise hatchlings, but alright, at least hair can be fixed within 10 minutes.  

To round out talking about the kids, I found myself agreeing with Mariah on one thing, even though we arrived at the conclusion differently in all likelihood—that was not a “gender reveal,” it was a “sex reveal.”  People get that wrong all the time and it grates.  I think they just don’t want to say “sex,” but that’s what it is—it’s the baby’s sex, not the baby’s gender that the two iron-deficient nimrods were revealing.  Whether gender is a social construct—I don’t even know what that means, so I’ll leave that to Mariah and her expensive education—but it is a sex reveal, NOT a gender reveal.  

The whole thing made me want to gag.  If I were one of the older siblings, I never, ever in a million years would have conferenced in so that Maddie could, in her words be “dramatic” (in my words, take a thousand years) and be the center of attention of 20+ people to reveal the “gender” of her second child.  I’d rather watch Robyn’s really tiny eyebrows knit together so that she can explain her approach to real estate than have to watch that shit go down each and every time Caleb decides to impregnate his wife 2,000 miles away.  

So....Meri found a rental, even though they don’t exist, a fact about which Kody was emphatic last episode...why wouldn’t Robyn and her kids go and live with her sister wife?  You know, it being temporary and all...(the fact that Meri, Robyn and Kody would all rather be homeless than do that says it all.  Too bad too, because I think Briana and Solomon love Meri).  

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

They were likely offered the first chance to buy, but Robin is an idiot and thought it would be super easy to find a 6 bedroom house to rent and then the house sold to someone else. Robin is an idiot. 

Yes, she is, but I think Kody liked the idea of being forced out and having to find another place as a way to get a few more episodes plus another season.  

• Love 10
(edited)
14 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

I’m confused. I thought they pulled up stakes, moved 12 kids and 5 adults to a place they apparently had not researched very much ( they didn’t know that there. was a shortage of rentals), left town without securing the sale of their four homes and bought a plot of land out in the middle of nowhere with a crazy dream of living there, all because Dayton wanted to go to college there?  Wouldn’t it have been simpler for everyone if he had chosen a school in Vegas? I mean, it’s not like he’s going to Harvard.

And to top it off, Dayton is going to a community college. (There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, many college students start out at one, but I thought the move was so he could go to UA, not a CC that he could have found down the street from their LV home.)  SMH

I've never known any adult, Kody, who is so impractical, unprepared, impulsive, unrealistic, and stubborn as Kody is, plus he has 4 "wives" who follow every hair brained idea he has.  And, we're talking about expensive ideas, and ones that are impacting soooo many children! 

It would be another thing completely, if his decisions were practical or that they didn't involve costing a lot of money - that they don't have, or that they weren't so negatively impacting so many children who already are dealing with skewed childhoods and family dynamics because of their parents' lifestyle choices.

I can't believe Kody has fans who support what he's doing.  Do they really believe he's doing the right things for his family - or for himself.  I know what he thinks he's doing and why, but the practical and healthy and realistic aspects of his choices are blocked by his ego and narcissism.  And yet some still support what he's doing. And, his wives continue to go along.  

Edited by rayndon
  • Love 10
(edited)

I am usually multi-tasking while this show is on, because really not much happens. Have they mentioned anything about Ysabel's scoliosis this season? Is she still wearing the ridiculous contraption that did absolutely nothing?

Like others have mentioned, Meri could have rented a condo or townhouse. Christine and Robyn could have sized down a bit regarding their houses. Janelle seems to be the only one that does not have some gigantic house. I do not know why I am surprised none of them seem to have any common sense. Also, has really nothing happened on the land they bought? 

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I haven’t seen the episode. I understand Robyn said it was Aurora’s choice for the panic attack to be included in the episode, but I am questioning the filming of it. Of course TLC kept the cameras going, but I think Robyn should have told them to stop. 

They know she has this "attacks" and yet they continued to argue in front of her and basically say that they cannot agree on moving to a rental or buying, but like over and over, to the point where I was wondering why they would even get the kids involved in this??  This is an adult decision.

• Love 11
Just now, Galloway Cave said:

He is attending Northern Arizona University.

I stand corrected.  I thought he said in last night's episode he was going to a CC, but I was obviously hearing things.

19 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

I am usually multi-tasking while this show is on, because really not much happens. Have they mentioned anything about Ysabel's scoliosis this season? Is she still wearing the ridiculous contraption that did absolutely nothing?

Like others have mentioned, Meri could have rented a condo or townhouse. Christine and Robyn could have sized down a bit regarding their houses. Janelle seems to be the only one that does not have some gigantic house. I do not know why I am surprised none of them seem to have any common sense. Also, has really nothing happened on the land they bought? 

You're right.  Nothing's happened.  No water, sewer or septic, electric.  Heck, I don't believe even today, that they're anywhere close to even drawing up the individual property lines. 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, rayndon said:

I stand corrected.  I thought he said in last night's episode he was going to a CC, but I was obviously hearing things.

It's hard to stay focused when you are nodding off from boredom or cocktails. 🥴

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, Snickerdoodle said:

LOL at Kody saying that they didn't create the stress (of moving.)  Of course you did, Kody.  If you had just stayed put in Vegas you wouldn't have to worry about moving at all!  He's such a dumb ass.

Actually I feel sorry for Robyn’s children. They would’ve been a lot better off if she had not hooked up with that dick wad.  He’s creating the stress, he creates the problems,  he put no thought into anything.  The wise thing for her to do is to dump his ass.

• Love 9
19 minutes ago, rayndon said:

Internet rumor has it that Dayton has dropped out of college.  I do not know if that is true.

• Useful 4
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

The point is moot, anyway.  Robyn's children are more deserving than the other wives children because... well.. they are ROBYN'S progeny, of course.  They MUST each have their own bedrooms and so they do - in Robyn's million dollar Mcmansion.   

Every time we  denigrate Robyn and Kody for the seeming favoritism shown to Robyn's family, we miss properly assigning blame to ALL the parents.  Or at least Janelle and Christine. 

If appearances are true, and we can only go by what we're shown, Janelle and Christine seem to  accept table scraps (unlike Robyn) for themselves and their children, along with lessor homes, dumpy rentals, not even 1/4 of a dad, etc.  

Say what you will about Robyn, but she is a boss, if all that we believe about her is true.  It seems that she puts her immediate family's needs above the bigger family, and gets what she wants, sister wives be damned.  Shame on Christine and Janelle for accepting it.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I know it’s difficult for Ysabel with the spine problems, but I am sure there is some exercise she can do.  It just looks like no one is encouraging her.  I don’t think Kody gives one shit that she used to be very fit and now it appears she’s on the road to obesity.  And that sucks.

I wonder if Ysabel is on meds to help control pain or muscle spasms associated with her scoliosis? Neurontin and lots of antidepressants will cause you to retain water, stimulate appetite,  and/or make you feel zombified. Either way, gaining a bunch of weight is only going to make pain levels worse.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
26 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

Say what you will about Robyn, but she is a boss, if all that we believe about her is true.  It seems that she puts her immediate family's needs above the bigger family, and gets what she wants, sister wives be damned.  Shame on Christine and Janelle for accepting it

You should probably cut them a little slack.... sometimes you can say what you want to the husband but he doesn't want to hear it, he doesn't care - and nothing is going to change.  At that point, if you are miserable enough - you finally leave.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
44 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

This was like the worst episode of House Hunters ever. She wants to rent. He wants to buy. No home tours, poor parenting, minors having panic attacks, bunch of whiny, broke ass grifting adults who are the architects of their own misfortune. Oh, and apparently G-d is a realtor who works for Coldwell Banker.  I bet his negotiating skills are out of this world but don't expect him to wear those little blue booties to protect the newly installed wood floors. He saves on foot traffic by carrying Robyn like he does across the sand in those super popular posters.  

I've always thought that God was more of a Re/Max guy.

• LOL 17
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

While this is certainly true and we don't know the whole story, the history of the Browns is one built entirely of lies, gimmicks, and grifting.  I wouldn't put it past them to script anything that might make them a buck and that includes pulling the kids into faking pretty much anything.

If they had made a single reference about seeking help for this, I would be less reluctant to pass it off as an act.  But....nada.

Regardless, she’s a real person and a child. My snark meter just can’t dial up to that level. 

• Love 10

So who picks Aurora up and carries her away when she has these 4 or 5 panic attacks a week during school?  A teacher?  Or does she only have these episodes in the safety of her own home?   Or do the other students just stand there and watch her stutter and drool?  So many questions and no answers.

If she is actually having this many panic attacks she really needs to be cautious while driving.  Driving can be a HUGE stressor and a well known cause of panic attacks.

• Love 15
5 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

So Robin is worried about using money and delaying them to getting to Coyote Pass. But if they're renting, they are throwing away thousands of dollars every month. At least if they buy then they can recoup that money and potentially use it as a rental property later on.  I honestly don't see Robin's logic. 

I think they need every last cent from the sale of the Vegas homes to be able to build their communal housing.  It makes sense to buy a house now and recoup the payments when they finally sell after renting that home out for years, but they'd be short that money for financing the new build short term.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, eyebleach said:

STOP INCLUDING YOUR CHILDREN IN ADULT SITUATIONS!!!!  If you know you have a kid with a panic disorder when they are stressed - WHY THE HELL would you include them in the drama of this?  

Thank you!!!   I thought the same thing.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

My theory is that they had to leave their Vegas homes because they had an interest only loan for the first five to seven  years and they couldn't afford the houses once they had to start paying toward the principal. They didn't have to leave Vegas necessarily but I think financially they had to sell those houses.

Anyone know why they didn't refinance and stay in the Vegas homes . . .

• Love 3

It's kind of ironic that the house Meri ended up renting (when she had to move at the same time Robyn had to move) has a beautiful play area in the back yard that would have been ideal for Ariella and Solomon,  It's nicer on the inside than Robyn's purchased house too.  BUT it only has a measly 4 bedrooms so I'm sure that's why Kody wouldn't rent it for himself and HAD to purchase that $860,000 house that doesn't look like it's that awesome.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, Adiba said:

My mother had a couple of “conversion-disorder type “ episodes when I was a child, but I think they called it “hysterical blindness “.  Also, a few times she temporarily lost her voice under stress. She never went for therapy, only to a family doctor because she was old- fashioned and thought it would stigmatize her to go to a “shrink.” 

I didn’t watch the episode, but from what I’ve read, Robyn sounds like a child with entitlement and magical thinking. Why couldn’t they rent a 3 or 4 bedroom house for a couple of years, especially if Robyn co-sleeps with her youngest? Can’t the three girls share a room (bunk beds and a twin) and Sol and Dayton share?

Conversion disorder is mysterious.  We learned that kids can get it and even people who aren't anxious can get.  It's not always brought on by anxiety.  But, whatever she has, I hope they get her some help. Stuff like that can be debilitating.  

Yeah, most people adapt when the chips are down.  IMO, it's not roughing it to have to share a bedroom with a sibling. I sense that Robyn considers it a slap in the face to have her kids have anything LESS than the other siblings.  She doesn't get how sacrificing isn't a bad thing. It teaches you life lessons and bonds you more with your family.  Plus, it's just common sense.  Robyn really does have magical thinking.  I'd be yelling into my pillow too. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 16

Serious question: Besides Mariah, does Meri have any close relationships with any of the older children?

I ask because Christine also went out after Janelle and visited Maddie and Caleb, and found out the sex of the baby. Then Christine admitted that her children talk to and tell their secrets to Robyn, who is the newest wife. It just seems like Meri has zero relationships with any of the children from Janelle and Christine, and only sees them at family events.

Having been there from the start, you would think that she would have developed her own personal relationships with the children, but it just really doesn't seem like it does it?

• Love 8
3 hours ago, texasbluebonnets said:

I'm not going to feel a bit sorry for them when they file bankruptcy.  

As I understood it, they're buying these huge homes for when the older kids and their families come home for holidays and such.

Most of those kids have left and don't show much sign of coming back any time soon for any reason.  So yeah, it is really just going to be the bankruptcy that ends this show for good.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

So....Meri found a rental, even though they don’t exist, a fact about which Kody was emphatic last episode...why wouldn’t Robyn and her kids go and live with her sister wife?  You know, it being temporary and all...(the fact that Meri, Robyn and Kody would all rather be homeless than do that says it all.  Too bad too, because I think Briana and Solomon love Meri).  

No, Kody admitted this episode... they DO exist.. in the form of 4 bedrooms, but not 6.  Meri probably found herself a lovely 4 bedroom because that's the biggest she could find lol

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, rayndon said:

And to top it off, Dayton is going to a community college.

Oh, hell, I didn't know he was doing CC.  They could have gone ANYwhere to accomplish that.  This move had nothing to do with Dayton going to college and everything to do with the balloon mortgages on the LV houses.  

Why is TLC perpetuating this lie?

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

Serious question: Besides Mariah, does Meri have any close relationships with any of the older children?

I ask because Christine also went out after Janelle and visited Maddie and Caleb, and found out the sex of the baby. Then Christine admitted that her children talk to and tell their secrets to Robyn, who is the newest wife. It just seems like Meri has zero relationships with any of the children from Janelle and Christine, and only sees them at family events.

Having been there from the start, you would think that she would have developed her own personal relationships with the children, but it just really doesn't seem like it does it?

I always wondered this myself.  Meri, being the first and longest that has been married/divorced from Kody, and only one child, would have every reason to bond with other sister wives, as well as their children.  For whatever reason, I think Meri has a lot of resentment towards the other wives.  I think, even though she was from a polygamist family, I think she was really in love with Kody, and then when he married Janelle, she wanted Kody all to herself.  When Logan was first born, that must have devastated her.  But still, she never really took the time to cultivate any other relationships (besides Solomon, it seems) in her family, and for that, it's just very sad. No wonder why she is the way she is...

• Love 4

A couple of observations:  Day-Un's optical salute.

Robyn's gray roots showingk.

Robyn telling Kootie to take his shoes off in her house.  Morphing into Meri more all the time.

Too funny that Areola is still sleeping with her mother.  When is Robyn going to find sexy time with Kootie?  Does her pre-marriage Victoria's Secret stuff still fit her?

The kids of Christine and Janelle claiming they love Flagstaff?  Scripted and bullshit.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Actually since Robyn and her children joined the Brown family they have only moved twice.  Once to Vegas and the second move to Flagstaff.

I guess I was referring to the various moves she would have experienced in childhood in general - from the trailer Robyn supposedly had when they were younger, to the rental she was seen at initially at the start of filming, to the rental at Lehi, to the big rental they shared for a few months in Vegas, to the rental she had a few years in Vegas, to house they built in a Vegas, to Flagstaff rental and now to another house... pointless moves every few years, for her parents stupidity.

It all adds up and doesn’t give a child with anxiety security or a home base. I could understand the constant moves, if they were for genuine reasons (like with a military family), but the Browns are just transient financially-irresponsible twats, who over-extend themselves and then run away from their debt - well that plus they need the moving storylines to keep the TLC cash coming in. All the needless upheavals are at the expense of their kids mental health and they are too self-centred and stupid to recognise it. 

• Love 14
15 hours ago, suomi said:

FFS, the egotism is off-putting. Insisting that "god" is telling you that there will be a suitable rental. Insisting that "god" is overseeing and coordinating your housing needs, which are the result of your poor decisions. I cannot begin to comprehend how someone comes to have such a self-centered mindset. 

This! This mentality that God or Jesus will provide the answer chaps my damn ass no matter who utters it. The people who utter these stupid phrases usually consider themselves to be 'believer' in their faith, and yet they cannot manage to stop for a moment and think, 'Hey, you know, I bet God/Jesus has their hands full what with all the wars, famine, natural disasters, and other man-made havoc being wreaked across the planet. Maybe I should take responsibility for myself and get this shit done instead of sitting around, pontificating and waiting for something to happen to me..." Useless sacks of shit the adults in this family are.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, itsadryheat said:

Anyone know why they didn't refinance and stay in the Vegas homes . . .

Kody somehow got a feeling that the market was ripe for them to list the Vegas homes and capitalize on the equity they'd built up in them, plus... He somehow came up with the idea Flagstaff real estate was the place to get the most bang for their bucks.  Of course, he also was convinced it was something they had to do RIGHT now. He concocted this behind the wives heads including having plans drawn up for the monstrous house.  So, they rushed to AZ, the property was bought and they had no choice but to hurriedly list the Vegas homes and rent and/or buy in AZ.  And how many real-time years has it been now and they're no closer to being settled?

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, rayndon said:

Kody somehow got a feeling that the market was ripe for them to list the Vegas homes and capitalize on the equity they'd built up in them, plus... He somehow came up with the idea Flagstaff real estate was the place to get the most bang for their bucks.  Of course, he also was convinced it was something they had to do RIGHT now. He concocted this behind the wives heads including having plans drawn up for the monstrous house.  So, they rushed to AZ, the property was bought and they had no choice but to hurriedly list the Vegas homes and rent and/or buy in AZ.  And how many real-time years has it been now and they're no closer to being settled?

Yeahhhhh..... that's only one theory.  It would take a freaking miracle for Dayton to write his essay, have his transcripts forwarded, pay his non-refundable application fee and be accepted by the deadline - all without even knowing Kody wanted to move there - all "behind his wives' heads".  A lot of us have had kids attend college recently, and it isn't a quick process and they do not accept any new applicants beyond the deadline- they are very strict about that. He simply could NOT have succeeded in the timeline given.  The cost of living is VERY high in Flagstaff versus a hundred other towns in the western half of the U.S. (if that's where Kody wanted to remain) - and as Robyn said that Dayton NEEDED to live at home with her while he attended college... how is this behind her head?  At least ONE wife knew where they were going to move - and that was Robyn.  And although it's a beautiful place to live - it was a stupid choice for a man with four wives and umpteen children when you consider the wives just HAVE to have FOUR houses and cannot share and it is $$$$$ in Flagstaff.  Kody drew up that one house plan for TLC and for the viewers.  Without the wives whining about it - what would there be to watch this season?  A bare patch of land that will not be developed for years?  

• Love 10
2 hours ago, smarty2020 said:

It's kind of ironic that the house Meri ended up renting (when she had to move at the same time Robyn had to move) has a beautiful play area in the back yard that would have been ideal for Ariella and Solomon,  It's nicer on the inside than Robyn's purchased house too.  BUT it only has a measly 4 bedrooms so I'm sure that's why Kody wouldn't rent it for himself and HAD to purchase that $860,000 house that doesn't look like it's that awesome.

Do you have a link to the new house?

• Love 1
(edited)

We're sittin' here wondering and discussing why Robyn and Kody had the stressful adult conversation in front of Robyn's kids.

The answer is that it was done so they could show the dramatic footage of The Hero carrying The Damsel to the safety of her quarters in the upper reaches of the castle. Talking about her delicate and precarious state is one thing but actually showing it was intended to be finale ratings gold. It was all about filming a suitable ending. There is very little they won't set up for the benefit of their egos and their bank account(s). It's all about the long con. We been had.

(Side note: My tablet's AutoCorrect kept changing Kody to Jody and I had to fight with it. Jody was the generic name American troops in Nam used for the guy they suspected or discovered was doin' their wife/their old lady back in the world. I don't think I've heard that name since the 60s).

Edited by suomi
  • Love 7
32 minutes ago, rayndon said:

Kody is way too impulsive to be in charge of any human beings other than himself. Who makes a major move like this without LIQUID dough and a lot of research? I’ve been in AZ since the 70’s. The real estate market has been wild, both sale and rental for a while. I bought a house 2017, not fun. Minimal inventory, multiple offers, no “let’s make a deal”. Same goes for rentals.

Hard to believe this guy thought he could invade a College Town, in this market and land great rentals and purchase acreage without first selling his homes.  And it would be smooth sailing. And to top it off, build and fund the Northern Arizona Marriott Resort on the pond.

The arrogance/idiocy of Kody and Robin are too much. I keep thinking this must be scripted. But who would come up with this storyline because it isn’t believable?

I watch this glad I do not know them. Looking forward to the collapse.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
(edited)
Spoiler

ELECTRIC SERVICE - Electric service is not available to all areas of the County. Because costs to extend power lines can be prohibitive in certain areas, some property owners use a generator or alternative power sources such as solar or wind-powered systems. The cost of electric service includes a fee to tie into the existing utility system, and a monthly usage charge from the local utility company. There may also be underground trenching costs, material costs, and electrician fees. In some cases, it is necessary to cross your neighbor's property to bring power to your property (either overhead or underground lines). It is important to verify the existence of existing easements, or to obtain the proper easements prior to construction of the power lines. Since electric power may not be available in three-phase configurations in some areas, it is important to determine your power needs and level of service availability. Also, due to ongoing development and limited utility line capacity, electric power that is available today may not be available when you decide to build.

POWER OUTAGES - Power outages can occur in outlying areas more often than in more developed areas. Loss of electricity can interrupt your well water supply, interrupt your communications systems, cause food to spoil in refrigerators and freezers, and possibly damage computers and electronic equipment. It is important to be able to survive in rural areas without utilities for at least a week in severe cold weather.

WATER - If treated domestic water service is available, the tap fees and monthly service fees may be more expensive than municipal water systems. If direct water service is not available, you will need to find an alternative water supply. The most common means is to haul water, or have it delivered by a commercial outfit. Hauling water can be an arduous task and requires a vehicle and/or a trailer large enough to carry a very large water tank. Depending on how much water your family uses, the tank may have to be filled frequently.

WELLS - Another alternative water supply is to drill a well. Drilling and pumping costs can be considerable and, in some cases, prohibitive. The quality and quantity of well water may vary considerably from location to location, and from season to season. Well permits must be obtained from the Arizona Department of Water Resources and the Coconino County Department of Health Services Environmental Quality Division.

SEWER/SEPTIC SERVICE - Sewer service is not available in most rural areas and, if it is, it is generally more expensive to tie into the system than in cities. If sewer service is not available, you will need an approved septic system or other treatment process. The type of soil available for a leach field is very important in determining the cost and function of a new septic system. In some cases, a standard septic system will not work (based on soil conditions) and an alternative septic system is required. Alternative systems can be very expensive (they could exceed $20,000). If there is an existing septic system on the property, it should be checked by a reliable sanitation service. Some existing septic systems may have been installed without the required permits and, therefore, could be inadequate. You are strongly urged to work with a private engineer and the Coconino County Department of Health Services Environmental Quality Division-to determine the adequacy of an existing system, the type of new system you might need, and associated costs.

TELEPHONE SERVICE - Rural telephone services can range from full telephone service-to cellular phone service only-to no service at all. It may also be difficult to obtain additional telephone lines for fax or computer modem use.

TRASH REMOVAL - Trash removal can be a challenge in a rural area. In some cases you may be able to contract with a private solid waste hauler, or there may be a dumpster located within an acceptable distance from your home. In more remote areas, the most viable option may be to haul your trash to a landfill or a solid waste transfer station. It is important to know that it is illegal to create your own trash dump, even on your own property. Residential recycling pick-up is not available in most rural areas.

This was pretty lengthy so didn't want to take up too much space and bore y'all with it.  Clearly prior to purchasing the land they did not do their due diligence on finding out the costs to set up their plyg mini-palaces - pulled this info from Coconino gov webpage

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
  • Useful 10
  • Love 7