Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E10: A Breaking Point

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, suev33 3 said:

They have lots if meds to help panic attacks, or even prevent them. They work well, believe me!!!  Or is that against their God?  🤔🤐

No, they'd have to pay for them.  Why pay for anxiety medication or scoliosis surgery if you can just tell the kid to work hard at correcting it herself?

• Love 3

Robyn is really an interesting person. She feels that God will guide her to the perfect 6 bedroom house. I wonder if she believes this because its a reward for her suffering. She suffered in her first marriage. He children are high needs... She sacrifices herself and gets the "leftovers and table scraps."  What is more interesting though is how the other wives buy into it. "Let's get Robyn her big house because we need a house to gather in." Really? You gathered in the Lehi house just fine and there were more kids at that time. Makes no sense. All for drama. But the drama falls flat. That horrible gloomy music in the background makes it even worse. These people don't know the meaning of the word suffer.

• Love 21
(edited)
2 hours ago, AryasMum said:

Okay. As an adopted person I may be over sensitive. But when a man adopts children, he is their father. 

Yes, I know that, too. 

No offense was meant to anyone who was adopted, including  you.  I was snarking , as we are known to do on these boards., in this case on Kody, not his adopted children.

If you feel my comment was insensitive or in poor taste, please feel free to ignore/block or report me.  I'd rather not continue to engage about this.  

Thanks.

Edited by CouchTater
  • Love 10
19 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

. I also feel bad that Aurora is asked to talk about her panic attacks on camera.

It's despicable of her parents to set off the "attack" by their thoughtless argument and then have her talk about it on camera. Even if the whole thing was staged, it's still a horrible thing to do to a kid.

• Love 13
5 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

To round out talking about the kids, I found myself agreeing with Mariah on one thing, even though we arrived at the conclusion differently in all likelihood—that was not a “gender reveal,” it was a “sex reveal.”  People get that wrong all the time and it grates.  I think they just don’t want to say “sex,” but that’s what it is—it’s the baby’s sex, not the baby’s gender that the two iron-deficient nimrods were revealing.  Whether gender is a social construct—I don’t even know what that means, so I’ll leave that to Mariah and her expensive education—but it is a sex reveal, NOT a gender reveal.

Agree.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

A lot of us have had kids attend college recently, and it isn't a quick process and they do not accept any new applicants beyond the deadline- they are very strict about that. He simply could NOT have succeeded in the timeline given. 

NAU has rolling admissions instead of a deadline so students can apply until all the places in the class are filled.  It also isn't very selective with an acceptance rate of about 80% so I can see him applying during the late spring or even summer  and still getting in.  Being on the spectrum, he may fall into a category with more open slots.  Not sure if that made sense.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
37 minutes ago, Soaper410 said:

Robyn: Do you think us fighting in front of our children and acting like we about to be homeless caused this panic attack?  Yeah, me neither.    Also God will provide a rental

Kody *screams into a pillow like a girl*

HA HA HA!!!  Love it - except you need to change the last line.....

21 minutes ago, Twopper said:

NAU has rolling admissions instead of a deadline so students can apply until all the places in the class are filled.  It also isn't very selective with an acceptance rate of about 80% so I can see him applying during the late spring or even summer  and still getting in.  Being on the spectrum, he may fall into a category with more open slots.  Not sure if that made sense.

Actually it did - thanks!

Edited by Kyanight
  • Love 3

I haven’t read the comments yet, but I am sure I’m not the first one to say this. I feel like Kody deliberately set off Aurora‘s panic attack. He knows that she needs to feel secure and see that he and Robin are harmonious, yet he mentioned more than once that they were in a huge fight in front of her.  What a fucking asshat.

Edited by DanaMB
  • Love 23
2 hours ago, suomi said:

Talking about her delicate and precarious state is one thing but actually showing it was intended to be finale ratings gold.

I read somewhere upthread where someone referenced this episode was the season finale, too, but there is at least one more episode next week when, per my cable guide, the wives visit Mariah and Audrey in Chicago and Mariah "reveals her struggles growing up gay in their polygamist church."  IDK if there are more after 3/15 or not but I'm scratching my head about this episode being the finale.

Edited by rayndon
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Meri says there is "magic" happening in plural marriage. I think all of us vote that we have never seen any evidence of magic. They are all delusional.

I see Robin’s black magic. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, rayndon said:

I read somewhere upthread that someone referenced this episode was the season finale, but there is at least one more episode next week when, per my cable guide, the wives visit Mariah and Audrey in Chicago and Mariah "reveals her struggles growing up gay in their polygamist church."  IDK if there are more after 3/15 or not.

What church? What struggles?  I know she said it's difficult to be gay and religious both - but it sure doesn't appear that any of the family is religious - although God is Robyn's personal vending machine.

• LOL 9
  • Love 6
Just now, Absolom said:

TitanTV shows a new episode on 3/22 called Robyn vs Kody.

"Tired of Kody causing her painful whiplash, Robyn threatens to snip off one of Kody's testicles while he is sleeping if he doesn't start behaving.  In mortal fear for his balls, Kody does a 180 and agrees to allow Robyn to attach a ring and chain to his nose while he prances like a show pony by her side."

Dang.  It sounded like an exciting episode at first - all that blood and gore and screaming - but since of COURSE Kody has to meekly go along with what Robyn wants, it ends like every other boring episode.  😞

• LOL 10
  • Love 3

Thank you for the correction that there are a couple more episodes. I was curious awhile back and looked at a couple sites and they had listings only up until this episode.

I've rarely been this glad to be wrong, because the show is finally picking up some steam.

I regret spreading wrong information so, again, thanks to all who noted my error and corrected it!

Edited by suomi
clarity
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, SuzWhat said:

Kody revealing he screams into a pillow is...a bit much.  This is the best show on TV.  I hate them with such a passion and they are all so stupid.  It makes me feel wonderful.  

Seriously! Why the hell is he so ANGRY? You know he keeps informing everyone this is not his fault so who is he projecting the anger onto? Seems pretty obvious it’s Meri. He’s a jackass. 

• Love 11

I know Kodouche mentioned them using the homes they buy as rental income after they build on the Plague Pond grounds. Can you all imagine renting a home from this family? No thanks!  Hard pass for me! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, CouchTater said:

Yes, I know that, too. 

No offense was meant to anyone who was adopted, including  you.  I was snarking , as we are known to do on these boards., in this case on Kody, not his adopted children.

If you feel my comment was insensitive or in poor taste, please feel free to ignore/block or report me.  I'd rather not continue to engage about this.  

Thanks.

Oh, I have no intention of blocking you or reporting you!  Just venting from my own experience. I appreciate your response. 

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, suomi said:

Thank you for the correction that there are a couple more episodes. I was curious awhile back and looked at a couple sites and they had listings only up until this episode.

I've rarely been this glad to be wrong, because the show is finally picking up some steam.

I regret spreading wrong information so, again, thanks to all who noted my error and corrected it!

No need to apologize Suomi, you provide so much really good intel here that is greatly appreciated.  As you say, I'm glad you were wrong on this small point, the 4th walls seem to be crashing down.

Now if only someone could work on Meri's walls.

• Love 9
Just now, AryasMum said:

Oh, I have no intention of blocking you or reporting you!  Just venting from my own experience. I appreciate your response. 

I was literally  just in the process of sending you a private message. 

I should have just acknowledged your feelings and moved on.  My reaction to your comments was out of character for me, and I do apologize for my snippy responses to you.

• Love 12
Just now, CouchTater said:

I was literally  just in the process of sending you a private message. 

I should have just acknowledged your feelings and moved on.  My reaction to your comments was out of character for me, and I do apologize for my snippy responses to you.

Oh please, no need to feel bad. I honestly get it. Kody sucks almost always. Lol. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Kid said:

Actually I feel sorry for Robyn’s children. They would’ve been a lot better off if she had not hooked up with that dick wad.  He’s creating the stress, he creates the problems,  he put no thought into anything.  The wise thing for her to do is to dump his ass.

I agree. Their lives have been nothing but upheaval since mom met Kody. Their bio dad has been erased from their lives in favor of this loon, and everyone is supposed to pretend the guy never existed. They suddenly had three extra moms and fleet of siblings. Dad apparently thrives on drama and chaos. And best of all, you’re always tripping o Er a camera crew. And what better thing to tell an anxious child than that her parents have “no control” over this situation. They really did not have to put such a “victim” spin on everything. I tend toward anxiety Nd I know that if my childhood had been a fraction this insane, I’d be a basket case. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, gingerella said:

This! This mentality that God or Jesus will provide the answer chaps my damn ass no matter who utters it. The people who utter these stupid phrases usually consider themselves to be 'believer' in their faith, and yet they cannot manage to stop for a moment and think, 'Hey, you know, I bet God/Jesus has their hands full what with all the wars, famine, natural disasters, and other man-made havoc being wreaked across the planet. Maybe I should take responsibility for myself and get this shit done instead of sitting around, pontificating and waiting for something to happen to me..." Useless sacks of shit the adults in this family are.

Don’t forget he’s also busy with sporting events. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 1

So, this big fight in front of the kids.  My parents regularly yelled at each other, now those were fights.  They were fiery Eastern Europeans and this was normal.  They were married for 56 years when my dad passed, and were happy.  I never had a panic attack...(I had 3 in my later life, all requiring a rush to the ER, very scary ).

However, Aurora’s seemed extra awful...the word stuttering seemed almost like a seizure.  And how she mentioned her brain goes everywhere and nowhere at all.  I really really hope they are getting her real medical care. Something is wrong there.  I feel for her, that wasn’t fake or drama. 

• Love 15
23 hours ago, AryasMum said:

Aurora is Kody’s daughter, not his step-daughter. He legally adopted all three. 

Kody would never be as caring and attentive to his biological daughters the way he was with Aurora; especially, Christine's girls.  Never. Ever.

• Love 21

So Kody stated if Robyn buys a home it can become a rental property when they move on coyote pass. 

How will they have the money to build on the land? 

If the don’t sell but rent Robyn’s home I’m assuming that rent will go to pay that home’s mortgage. So what big pot of money will they be using to build four homes on the land?

• Useful 5
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, Roslyn said:

It's often more than medications but behavioral training to live a life without full blown attacks that can take days to recover from. There are better ways to put panic and anxiety disorders forward without showing that scene.

So much this ^^^^^^^^^^^

There is no “pray it away” for most folks, myself included.  Shame on Robyn & Kody for not seeking therapeutic remedies for their daughter’s condition that manifests 3-4 times a week.

• Love 9
On 3/8/2020 at 10:17 PM, Elizzikra said:

I have a friend whose daughter is on the autism spectrum and she said her daughter often reacts to things in that way - very matter of fact.

I think it’s ridiculous to buy a house when you know you’re only going to live in it for about two years, but if Robyn’s landlord is selling and they are going to buy a new house, why not buy the house they are renting and spare themselves the move?

Because that would be logical and LORD KNOWS Kody uses logic about as much as he uses hair trimmers. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, eyebleach said:

STOP INCLUDING YOUR CHILDREN IN ADULT SITUATIONS!!!!  If you know you have a kid with a panic disorder when they are stressed - WHY THE HELL would you include them in the drama of this?  

A^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^All of this.  Right here.  1000%  THANK YOU!

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Christina said:

This is not directed to anyone and is probably a waste of keystrokes, but I feel the need to point it out because it is one of the things that disgusted me about the Browns so much that it was a major contributing factor in my bailing on the show...

Kody did NOT adopt Robyn's kids. David, their dad, did NOT sign his rights away. The State of Nevada did NOT change the laws to allow the Browns to adopt the kids without going through the legal process that everyone else has to go through, including other step parents adopting children when the biological parent is still alive.

It appears that David signed a Medical Power of Attorney for Kody, which would allow him to sign for medical treatment in case Robyn wasn't around. He may have also signed a Limited Power of Attorney for school purposes. If Robyn were to pass away, David would receive full custody of his kids, because he never lost his rights and continued receiving visitation.

When David and Robyn divorced, she received primary custody and was allowed to move from Wyoming, where they lived as a family, to Northern Utah, where her mother lived. David and Robyn had to meet halfway to pass the kids back and forth for David's visitation. Her divorce degree was released by a tabloid at one point.

When she met Kody and moved to Lehi, she did so without court approval resulting in her still having to take the kids to the same halfway point as before. Then, when they ran away to Nevada, she was ordered to transport the kids entirely. When that was going on, it appears that a new visitation schedule was ordered since they were not as close physically as before, and the child support changed, too. With the show, Robyn's income was so much higher than David's, who worked in HVAC, I think, and his obligation was reduced greatly. It was reported by someone who claimed to be his family member that it was waived by Robyn as part of the agreement to let her move to Las Vegas. Obviously, we have no idea if they were actually related, but that very well could have happened because his obligation was probably small enough to not hurt her to not receive, and moving without court approval could have really hurt her legally.

When they were filming the family discussions and the "Adoption Hearing," Robyn explained to the other adults that her lawyer in Wyoming said he signed the papers but wanted to know when she was bringing the kids to their visit because it was past due. She quickly ended that call and, to my surprise, actually looked sick that he signed; she did not believe he was going to and the kids were upset when they told them. Watching those kids cry thinking that their dad signed them away made me so sick and angry I wanted to slap Robyn and Kody. To me, Robyn then showed that she wasn't happy about it either. The cameras turned off and when it came back, Dayton explained he understood why Kody would need to sign for medical treatment. I think Robyn explained they were only calling it adoption for the cameras.

The entire Kody adopted Robyn's kids storyline came about because they got busted for him divorcing Meri to marry Robyn and it was not being taking well by viewers, so they needed an excuse. Wallah, he needed to adopt the kids and couldn't do it without being married. The adoption storyline failed, too. People were pretty disgusted that they were cutting the dad out of the kids' lives, especially when we saw Dayton and the youngest daughter in tears when they were told. It was just a hateful thing to do.

Robyn's kids still had their dad's last name when some school records were discovered. I don't remember what it was exactly, but I think one or two of them won scholastic awards and there was mention in the school paper or something. Also, Dayton's eye injury was received when he had an ATV accident with his dad. Robyn had a lien put on her house for a medical bill for one of the kids, and that lien also had David's name on it, because he is the father and responsible, too, not Kody. 

The Browns all consider David's kids as Browns and none of the adults treat them differently than they treat the others, but there was no legal adoption, it was just another fake story.

interesting. what is the real reason he divorced meri to marry Robyn? He could have married Janelle or Christine- why Robyn?

• Love 3
4 hours ago, rayndon said:

I read somewhere upthread where someone referenced this episode was the season finale, too, but there is at least one more episode next week when, per my cable guide, the wives visit Mariah and Audrey in Chicago and Mariah "reveals her struggles growing up gay in their polygamist church."  IDK if there are more after 3/15 or not but I'm scratching my head about this episode being the finale.

there has to be more episodes. In the season preview we saw  scene where Meri's neighborhood is under evacuation and she is in the garage I think, crying with her bins that are probably filled with unsellable Lularoe.

• Love 2

If I have to listen to Meri bitch and moan about all the sacrifices she's making for the fambly, and how things aren't great now but she's willing to stick it out because she's so damn dedicated, I'm going to steal her tweezers and pass a law requiring her to use hair conditioner.

She does this almost every episode: she whines and complains about how her relationship with Kody "is struggling" (code for "non-existent), but insists that she's willing to make it work and then she...attends every fambly gathering, required or otherwise, lurking in a corner like Gollum, she pouts and stomps her feet when she doesn't get what she wants (even if she hasn't made clear what she wants), and she snarls and scowls and complains about absolutely everything.

We get it, Meri. You're a martyr. You're willing to sacrifice your happiness for the fambly.

Please.

You're freaking miserable, and you're bound and determined to make sure you aren't the only one who feels that way.

Edited by the-grey-lady
because Meri's martyr act affects my typing
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
12 hours ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

12 hours ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

Serious question: Besides Mariah, does Meri have any close relationships with any of the older children?

I ask because Christine also went out after Janelle and visited Maddie and Caleb, and found out the sex of the baby. Then Christine admitted that her children talk to and tell their secrets to Robyn, who is the newest wife. It just seems like Meri has zero relationships with any of the children from Janelle and Christine, and only sees them at family events.

Having been there from the start, you would think that she would have developed her own personal relationships with the children, but it just really doesn't seem like it does it?

I’ve wondered this same thing about Janelle.  She doesn’t seem to be a haughty bitch to everyone like Meri is, but does she have any relationships with the other sister wives’ kids that extend beyond the surface level? Christine seems to be the only wife that is nurturing. The others seem to be aloof or detached to members of the family that aren’t biologically theirs.  I feel badly for Truely. Other than Christine, her only other mother or parental figure was Aspyn, who is now absent.

Edited by LydiaE
Quoting disaster
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, LydiaE said:

I’ve wondered this same thing about Janelle.  She doesn’t seem to be a haughty bitch to everyone like Meri is, but does she have any relationships with the other sister wives’ kids that extend beyond the surface level? Christine seems to be the only wife that is nurturing. The others seem to be aloof or detached to members of the family that aren’t biologically theirs.  I feel badly for Truely. Other than Christine, her only other mother or parental figure was Aspyn, who is now absent.

An ONTD thread 8ish years ago said Janelle was close to Aspyn while the kids were still growing up.  If I remember correctly it was an a "friend" of theirs from their Utah area.   The poster said something like Aspyn was just like Christine but "smart" and Janelle and Janelle was the "our kids need to go to college" parent.  

It was the first time I hard about: Janelle and Meri being sisters-in-law, Janelle moving out of the house for a while, etc. 

With that being said, its clear that Christine is close to all of Janelle's kids.  Meri seems to have a genuine interest and relationship with Solomon. And for the first few seasons, it seemed like all the adults doted on Truly (between Christine's miscarriage and the original last child it would be natural).  

OT: The only thing I remember from that ONTD thread that has never come up on the show was something about a traditional field trip that the school system took in middle school to an overnight place.  The trip happened every other year.    Logan got to go one year, but the next time due to money it was decided that Maddie, Aspyn, and Mariah wouldn't go due to money.   Except, Mariah ended up going....

Edited by Soaper410
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I haven’t read the comments yet, but I am sure I’m not the first one to say this. I feel like Kody deliberately set off Aurora‘s panic attack. He knows that she needs to feel secure and see that he and Robin are harmonious, yet he mentioned more than once that they were in a huge fight in front of her.  What a fucking asshat.

I felt so angry when Aurora was triggered into her panic attack as someone who has suffered from them. As parents, they should be protecting her from these triggers instead of doing it seemingly on purpose. 

Dick move. Assholes. 

• Love 15
7 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

interesting. what is the real reason he divorced meri to marry Robyn? He could have married Janelle or Christine- why Robyn?

Because she was always entitled, selfish and demanding.  She wanted to be the legal wife.   

These people never seem to worry about money and finances, so it's hard to believe he would legally marry her for the sole purpose of income tax deductions.

Edited by Kyanight
  • Love 10
On 3/8/2020 at 11:46 PM, whydoievencare said:

Perhaps Aurora wouldn't be so stressed out if she didn't have to be involved so deeply in all the family dramatics.  I personally think it's inappropriate for Robyn and Kody to spill ALL the details surrounding the need to move to the children.  The fact that they are so OTT about  everything:  it's SO hard to find a rental, mom and I are fighting about this, Robyn holding back her tears, money, money, money, etc...   I think the adults could have presented the necessity for the move in a much more low key and matter of fact way. Also, if anyone has experience with anxiety attacks - is that how they manifest?  To me, it kind of looked like a pseudo seizure - the stuttering, the twitching, the inability to walk.

Right! What about teaching your kids that life throws curve balls sometimes and you have to be able to be strong and sometimes you have to roll with it! They are growing future Entitled Victims, where the bad world has done dem wrong! Imagine if every time something doesn’t go their way, panic attacks ensue. How is that kid going to handle losing a job? Or a seriously ill child? Or if someone steals her purse or identity theft? Or a myriad of other of life’s ups and downs. They really are such stupid people. 

and btw. I remember so clearly being in 6th grade and overhearing a snippet of my parents’ convo about the budget. What I overheard was verbatim: “...then we won’t have any money to live...” and let me tell you, that kept my 11-year-old-self up at night for months. I was terrified that we were on the edge of not having any money for food. What I overheard was an adult conversation about budgeting for a couple of different houses that my parents were trying to decide between buying. Kids have no business being dragged into adult discussions or squabbles. Especially this family’s, because they are made up of imbeciles. I left this show thinking that Robyn seriously has low IQ. Yet she’s running the show. 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 22
On 3/9/2020 at 12:04 AM, mythoughtis said:

The worst thing about all these moves to and around Flagstaff is that they have never learned how to do it right yet.  They’ve moved so many times since the first 3 wives came that they should have  the logistics and the legal stuff down pat.  They definitely havent learned how to make it easy on tne kids.  Hunter and Maddie were basket cases when they moved to Vegas  and yet these adults did the same crap again. 

The first thing they should have done is thrown most of their shit into storage, they were TEMPORARILY RENTING. They always knew that they wanted to build. They were RENTING TEMPORARILY! Lol! Why does Janelle need all of her crap in that tiny house? Why oh why does Meri need to rent a giant house??? I cannot wrap my head around their thought processes. 

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

The first thing they should have done is thrown most of their shit into storage, they were TEMPORARILY RENTING. They always knew that they wanted to build. They were RENTING TEMPORARILY! Lol! Why does Janelle need all of her crap in that tiny house? Why oh why does Meri need to rent a giant house??? I cannot wrap my head around their thought processes. 

Meri needs room for her truckloads of Lularags.

• LOL 3
13 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

It's despicable of her parents to set off the "attack" by their thoughtless argument and then have her talk about it on camera. Even if the whole thing was staged, it's still a horrible thing to do to a kid.

I doubt the attack was staged as she she/they mentioned it happened several times a week.  Then they put her in front of the cameras because she wants to be a spokesman for panic attacks.  Even it she does, she is still a teen, and the parents should overrule her on that and insist that the cameras go off as soon as she shows signs of an attack.  I think they are horrid for arguing in front of her (especially if the argument was exaggerated for effect) if they know she will react like that.   Best to just say" we have to move because the landlord is selling the house.  We have to be out in 60 days, but we are looking for another place.  We will keep you informed.  Now go do your homework or wash up for dinner or whatever."

• Love 15

People having a panic attack don't usually sit there and announce it to the room like this girl did, and then describe each symptom as it shows up? It sounds more like some sort of a seizure to me? If she knew a panic attack was going to happen, then why didn't she remove herself to her room before it got full blown? I just do not believe her. After Kody dumped her into her bed, then both parents just left her alone it looked like? If that is the case, they could have more easily left her alone in the living room.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

The Accountant in me has always believed the divorce was meant to be kept secret and he married Robyn because of her name on the online business and she had 4 going on 5 dependents for tax purposes and to set up in case of future bankruptcy. Mariah had just gone to uni, leaving just Meri and Kody and a house.  If you take the whole relationship and multiple wives out of it and just look at the numbers, it honestly makes the most sense.

1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

Because she was always entitled, selfish and demanding.  She wanted to be the legal wife.   

These people never seem to worry about money and finances, so it's hard to believe he would legally marry her for the sole purpose of income tax deductions.

Except the show in 2014 was pre adoption and pre catfish...I wouldn't be surprised if it was close to ending. Uniting with Robyn at that point and setting up in case the show ends and a future bankruptcy is needed. The adoption got them a whole season and the catfish really did swoop in and save the day.  They kept that dragging along up until this season.

I think it's funny when Meri and Robyn are having their "let's make up and clear the air convo" they both mention that time where we had issues together.  That dark time when they were struggling. That time when I distanced myself from everyone.  WHAT!!?? A perfect situation to mention that "time" was the divorce, marriage, adoption, getting pregnant again, and...the catfish!!  They have all developed their vague speak where they circle a subject but never pin it down. I wonder if they get real when the cameras are gone?

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Christina said:

This is not directed to anyone and is probably a waste of keystrokes, but I feel the need to point it out because it is one of the things that disgusted me about the Browns so much that it was a major contributing factor in my bailing on the show...

Kody did NOT adopt Robyn's kids. David, their dad, did NOT sign his rights away. The State of Nevada did NOT change the laws to allow the Browns to adopt the kids without going through the legal process that everyone else has to go through, including other step parents adopting children when the biological parent is still alive.

It appears that David signed a Medical Power of Attorney for Kody, which would allow him to sign for medical treatment in case Robyn wasn't around. He may have also signed a Limited Power of Attorney for school purposes. If Robyn were to pass away, David would receive full custody of his kids, because he never lost his rights and continued receiving visitation.

When David and Robyn divorced, she received primary custody and was allowed to move from Wyoming, where they lived as a family, to Northern Utah, where her mother lived. David and Robyn had to meet halfway to pass the kids back and forth for David's visitation. Her divorce degree was released by a tabloid at one point.

When she met Kody and moved to Lehi, she did so without court approval resulting in her still having to take the kids to the same halfway point as before. Then, when they ran away to Nevada, she was ordered to transport the kids entirely. When that was going on, it appears that a new visitation schedule was ordered since they were not as close physically as before, and the child support changed, too. With the show, Robyn's income was so much higher than David's, who worked in HVAC, I think, and his obligation was reduced greatly. It was reported by someone who claimed to be his family member that it was waived by Robyn as part of the agreement to let her move to Las Vegas. Obviously, we have no idea if they were actually related, but that very well could have happened because his obligation was probably small enough to not hurt her to not receive, and moving without court approval could have really hurt her legally.

When they were filming the family discussions and the "Adoption Hearing," Robyn explained to the other adults that her lawyer in Wyoming said he signed the papers but wanted to know when she was bringing the kids to their visit because it was past due. She quickly ended that call and, to my surprise, actually looked sick that he signed; she did not believe he was going to and the kids were upset when they told them. Watching those kids cry thinking that their dad signed them away made me so sick and angry I wanted to slap Robyn and Kody. To me, Robyn then showed that she wasn't happy about it either. The cameras turned off and when it came back, Dayton explained he understood why Kody would need to sign for medical treatment. I think Robyn explained they were only calling it adoption for the cameras.

The entire Kody adopted Robyn's kids storyline came about because they got busted for him divorcing Meri to marry Robyn and it was not being taking well by viewers, so they needed an excuse. Wallah, he needed to adopt the kids and couldn't do it without being married. The adoption storyline failed, too. People were pretty disgusted that they were cutting the dad out of the kids' lives, especially when we saw Dayton and the youngest daughter in tears when they were told. It was just a hateful thing to do.

Robyn's kids still had their dad's last name when some school records were discovered. I don't remember what it was exactly, but I think one or two of them won scholastic awards and there was mention in the school paper or something. Also, Dayton's eye injury was received when he had an ATV accident with his dad. Robyn had a lien put on her house for a medical bill for one of the kids, and that lien also had David's name on it, because he is the father and responsible, too, not Kody. 

The Browns all consider David's kids as Browns and none of the adults treat them differently than they treat the others, but there was no legal adoption, it was just another fake story.

Never a waste of keystrokes!!

I know there has been a lot of speculation on the "fakeness" of the adoption. Back when it was happening I do remember people saying that it isn't that easy to just sign away your parental rights and the whole way the court room scene was filmed was so phony.  But like so much, the Browns make it up as they go along and next season, when they are doing completely opposite they just talk like that was the plan all along.  Gaslighting is becoming the new norm.

The sycophants of the show just can't seem to see what, to me anyway, seems so obvious.  David is such a horrible father that he is "forced" to sign away his parental rights and yet after the "adoption" the kids are whisked off for a visit for several weeks and seemed happy upon their return. And that doesn't seem hinky in any way!!?? s/

Robyn's behavior on the show back then was off too. While they played it up like she was nervous and "afraid" to deal with her Ex (damn that cookie stealer). I wouldn't be surprised if she was just nervous that the truth of the matter may come out on the show, and she had always played the damsel while bashing the man on camera.

• Love 20
9 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

It's obvious he prefers Robyn over the other three. 

But also - she has more tax deductions. Five dependents. Janelle only has two, I think Christine might have three as she has a propensity for having her kids leave the nest after they turn 18. Mykelti, Aspyn, and Paedon are gone and I think one of the girls is 18 and getting ready to graduate high school.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

It's obvious he prefers Robyn over the other three. 

But also - she has more tax deductions. Five dependents. Janelle only has two, I think Christine might have three as she has a propensity for having her kids leave the nest after they turn 18. Mykelti, Aspyn, and Paedon are gone and I think one of the girls is 18 and getting ready to graduate high school.

They have no financial common sense whatsoever.  Kody's tongue was dragging on the ground back then as he panted after Robyn.  Kody had ZERO reason to divorce Meri to marry another wife - ESPECIALLY Janelle and Christine.  What would possibly be his motive, as he is indifferent to both of those wives?  But ROBYN - that might appeal to him.  In the 11 (?) seasons we have watched this family, they have NEVER had a financial mentality.... so although it's very possible that Kody divorced Meri to marry Robyn for tax reasons... I think it had more to do with his feelings for Robyn and the fact that Robyn WANTED to be the legal wife... instead of the poor FOURTH wife with nothing but the crumbs left over from the other wives... :::sobpickaneyebooger:::

• Love 15