Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E10: A Breaking Point

• Start Topic

I haven’t seen the episode. I understand Robyn said it was Aurora’s choice for the panic attack to be included in the episode, but I am questioning the filming of it. Of course TLC kept the cameras going, but I think Robyn should have told them to stop. 

• Love 18

Robyn is a pistol lol. In the very first scene I can see she wears the pants in their relationship lol....”Mrs. Brown” lol as she gives him “the look”. Janelle and Christine seemed so happy with Kodi’s compliment about who he thought cooked the food. Meri was almost looking soulless to me in her “talking heads” lol it was like she wasn’t blinking at all lol especially when she was talking about Robyn and Kodi’s “relationship” and how it’s between them lol. It would really be something if Robyn was actually the one to leave.

• Love 8

I think all of Robyn's fussing about only wanting to rent was so fake. When Cody buys her her million dollar home, then she can tell everyone that it wasn't her idea, just Cody's, and that she was against it from the start. Each child has to have their own room, and they all came from an unheated trailer? I would vacate the room when the girl has those attacks. It looked fake to me. Hard to perform like she did if the room is empty. Maybe she needs a good stint in a psych hospital and put on medication?

• LOL 2
  • Love 17
3 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

Each child has to have their own room, and they all came from an unheated trailer? I would vacate the room when the girl has those attacks. It looked fake to me. Hard to perform like she did if the room is empty. Maybe she needs a good stint in a psych hospital and put on medication?

Robyn is raising her kids to be as entitled as she always was.

As for the daughter having the panic attacks... it sounds like she is an amazing kid.  Taking all college prep classes in high school and pulling straight A's - I think the attacks are real, and I think they should take her to a doctor so that she can either learn how to de-stress or get medications that can help her feel better.  But the Browns don't believe in doctors or dentists it seems, so they will just leave this poor girl to deal with things on her own.  

• Love 9
(edited)
8 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

The reason that Robyn and Kody could not find a rental home was because Robyn wanted a 6 bedroom home. Each child MUST have their own room. This is ridiculous. The two older girls could certainly share a room as could the 2 youngest. Four bedrooms would have been more than sufficient. I can only imagine what will happen to these entitled wackos when the TLC money stops rolling in.  

I found it ridiculous as well being Sobyn has the two youngest sleep with her I believe, she believes in co-sleeping or whatever they call it. So really she could just get a ginormous bed and a one bedroom place and STFU

Also I noticed Meri smirking when Robyn was telling her about her and Kody's arguing

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, eyebleach said:

STOP INCLUDING YOUR CHILDREN IN ADULT SITUATIONS!!!!  If you know you have a kid with a panic disorder when they are stressed - WHY THE HELL would you include them in the drama of this?  

Do you really have to ask? Life is all about ratings. It's their new religion.

• Love 16

I’m confused. I thought they pulled up stakes, moved 12 kids and 5 adults to a place they apparently had not researched very much ( they didn’t know that there. was a shortage of rentals), left town without securing the sale of their four homes and bought a plot of land out in the middle of nowhere with a crazy dream of living there, all because Dayton wanted to go to college there?  Wouldn’t it have been simpler for everyone if he had chosen a school in Vegas? I mean, it’s not like he’s going to Harvard.

My theory is that they had to leave their Vegas homes because they had an interest only loan for the first five to seven  years and they couldn't afford the houses once they had to start paying toward the principal. They didn't have to leave Vegas necessarily but I think financially they had to sell those houses.

• Useful 4
  • Love 16
11 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I think it’s ridiculous to buy a house when you know you’re only going to live in it for about two years, but if Robyn’s landlord is selling and they are going to buy a new house, why not buy the house they are renting and spare themselves the move?

So Robin is worried about using money and delaying them to getting to Coyote Pass. But if they're renting, they are throwing away thousands of dollars every month. At least if they buy then they can recoup that money and potentially use it as a rental property later on.  I honestly don't see Robin's logic. 

2 hours ago, Chicklet said:

And yes Robin you did do this to Aurora, she sees how you REACT to things and she took it a few steps further.

EXACTLY! Robin worries about everything and her daughter sees that. And now her daughter worries about everything and gets panic attacks. YES ROBIN, it is your fault. 

And she gets them 4-5 (or 3-4?) times a week?? that's a lot! 

Someone mentioned why they just didn't buy the house they were in. 

They were likely offered the first chance to buy, but Robin is an idiot and thought it would be super easy to find a 6 bedroom house to rent and then the house sold to someone else. Robin is an idiot. 

Have we ever learned where Meri ended up for her 3rd house??

• Love 12

It is all Robyn's fault, dang she is dumb. Does she need to be hit in the head with a brick to knock sense into her, there are NO rentals that measure up to her 6 bedroom dream. No way can she downsize, even temporarily to a 4 bedroom, because the queen wants what she wants and stomps her feet and cries. She is adding more stress to those kids ( sorry, thought D'yun was an ass last night) thinking that at the 11th hour a dream rental will plop down on her

image.png.ff08317d0b4d6ae2dc6d425cef166ad9.png

• LOL 14
  • Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

Robyn is raising her kids to be as entitled as she always was.

As for the daughter having the panic attacks... it sounds like she is an amazing kid.  Taking all college prep classes in high school and pulling straight A's - I think the attacks are real, and I think they should take her to a doctor so that she can either learn how to de-stress or get medications that can help her feel better.  But the Browns don't believe in doctors or dentists it seems, so they will just leave this poor girl to deal with things on her own.  

I wonder if they are truly panic attacks. I posted on live thread about my family member who has something similar. He also has loss of vision and seizure like symptoms, weak legs, etc. and after many tests diagnosed with Conversion Disorder. It’s actually in the Neurological family.  I hope they get her a proper diagnosis. 

I am still amazed at Robyn’s lack of maturity and judgment. This would have been a great time to say, “The family is going to pull together on this housing situation.  Since, I want to rent, we’ll have to downsize into a 3 bedroom house, but, it’ll be fun...we’ll make it work.  It’s just temporary.”
I mean it does work that way for people who can’t afford to rent a nonexistent 6 bedroom house.

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16
1 minute ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I am still amazed at Robyn’s lack of maturity and judgment. This would have been a great time to say, “The family is going to pull together on this housing situation.  Since, I want to rent, we’ll have to downsize into a 3 bedroom house, but, it’ll be fun...we’ll make it work.  It’s just temporary.”
I mean it does work that way for people who can’t afford to rent a nonexistent 6 bedroom house.

You don't understand because you aren't a queen with princes and princesses.  You are a lowly commoner so there is no point in explaining it to you.  :::::sympathetic and absent-minded head pat:::::

• LOL 24

I haven't watched yet (husband cannot tolerate - have to watch when he leaves for work!) but I hear Utah is about to legalize polygamy. So since they've been whining about having to leave there for years, it will be interesting to see if they pack it all up and move back there. Or was all that yearning for Utah a load of crap like the rest of this show.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I have a friend whose daughter is on the autism spectrum and she said her daughter often reacts to things in that way - very matter of fact.

I think it’s ridiculous to buy a house when you know you’re only going to live in it for about two years, but if Robyn’s landlord is selling and they are going to buy a new house, why not buy the house they are renting and spare themselves the move?

You would think that your solution is the best, but we are talking about the Brown's here.  They do nothing simple...

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I think that Aurora probably has some sort of problem but I also think it may be an attention getting device for her.  Kody swooping her up with Robyn running behind was laughable.  Dayton was practically rolling his eyes, he even said, it's not that bad which obviously is about having to move and his sister's reaction.

Christine stated that none of the kids wanted one big house a couple weeks ago when they were still discussing that option, which was obviously a lie.  The kids seemed to mostly like the idea when they were asked this week.

Interesting that Robyn said she told Meri she didn't want to be in the family without her.  So Meri is the most important person to her, not her husband the father of two of her children.  It's all about being with Meri?  Robyn is an ass.

Meri does not react to anything well when it involves Janelle's kids or something regarding Janelle.  She just sits there emotionless as if she would not give Janelle the satisfaction of enjoying something concerning her.  Meri created her own bad situation.  She is a real bitch.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
11 minutes ago, Lady of nod said:

I haven't watched yet (husband cannot tolerate - have to watch when he leaves for work!) but I hear Utah is about to legalize polygamy. So since they've been whining about having to leave there for years, it will be interesting to see if they pack it all up and move back there. Or was all that yearning for Utah a load of crap like the rest of this show.

They are not legalizing polygamy, they are decriminalizing polygamy. Two different things.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
7 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

They are not legalizing polygamy, they are decriminalizing polygamy. Two different things.

I stand corrected. It will be an infraction, similar to a traffic ticket. 

Under current statutes, polygamy - typically involving a man who cohabitates with and purports to marry more than one wife - is classified as a third-degree felony, punishable by up to five years in prison.

If the bill becomes law, punishments for plural marriage would be limited to fines of up to $750 and community service.

Kody's big head must be exploding because he is mentioned in most of the articles.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I wonder if they are truly panic attacks. I posted on live thread about my family member who has something similar. He also has loss of vision and seizure like symptoms, weak legs, etc. and after many tests diagnosed with Conversion Disorder. It’s actually in the Neurological family.  I hope they get her a proper diagnosis. 

My mother had a couple of “conversion-disorder type “ episodes when I was a child, but I think they called it “hysterical blindness “.  Also, a few times she temporarily lost her voice under stress. She never went for therapy, only to a family doctor because she was old- fashioned and thought it would stigmatize her to go to a “shrink.” 

I didn’t watch the episode, but from what I’ve read, Robyn sounds like a child with entitlement and magical thinking. Why couldn’t they rent a 3 or 4 bedroom house for a couple of years, especially if Robyn co-sleeps with her youngest? Can’t the three girls share a room (bunk beds and a twin) and Sol and Dayton share?

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

It is all Robyn's fault, dang she is dumb. Does she need to be hit in the head with a brick to knock sense into her, there are NO rentals that measure up to her 6 bedroom dream. No way can she downsize, even temporarily to a 4 bedroom, because the queen wants what she wants and stomps her feet and cries. She is adding more stress to those kids ( sorry, thought D'yun was an ass last night) thinking that at the 11th hour a dream rental will plop down on her

image.png.ff08317d0b4d6ae2dc6d425cef166ad9.png

I love this, MFM!  Well, she didn't pray that the damn house wouldn't fall ON her!

• Love 8
58 minutes ago, Lady of nod said:

I'm on my own watching SW, too.  Mr. Xword won't watch with me.  It makes me appreciate the snark community here all the more!

Yeah, maybe Utah's on Kootie's radar, if Day-Un finds a college there.  Or when he graduates, but the show should be cancelled by then.  😈

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

He really is a douche canoe of the highest degree.

I don't think that is really enough to describe Kody these days...I think he has bumped up to a Douche Cabin Cruiser and heading towards Douche Yacht !!

• LOL 9
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Yeah, maybe Utah's on Kootie's radar, if Day-Un finds a college there.  Or when he graduates, but the show should be cancelled by then.  😈

Should be cancelled now, there was nothing going on last night. The lady doth protest too much, methinks.  And the 'panic attack'.  Is moving within the same city such a stressor?  I guess to someone who has forgotten they came from an unheated trailer to tv fame and fortune.  However, last year Kootie made a public twitter statement that Gabe was overly dramatic for not wanting to leave his high school where he was an honor society member, class president and probable wrestling captain, just so Robochin could be near her college student Day'un.

• Love 20

Plus, "god" (who is widely renowned  for a sense of humor) is saying one thing to Robyn and something else to Kody.

Is she not overstepping her bounds? Because Kody is the godhead of the family, the one to whom the spirit speaks, amirite?

There are so many little asides with her where she is sittin' there being snippy and irritable and demanding.

"Mrs Brown," indeed.

The love fest when she and Meri were sittin' there hamming it up was gag worthy.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
(edited)

I, too, would curl up into the fetal position and shake if Robyn and Kody were my parents.

Janelle says she is seeing all the best doctors. Obviously not. Flagstaff has an excellent medical community, and Mayo Clinic and Barrows are three hours away in Phx. No excuse for her to be having so many attacks without relief.

Did I hear Kody call Robyn "Love" during one of the early TH when they were the only ones on the couch? I wonder if that is his go-to term of endearment for all wives.

Edited by Galloway Cave
  • Useful 3
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

Robyn claims she doesn’t want to buy because it would financially set back the family and delay building on coyote pass. 

Robyn then spends 400,000 more than Christine’s home cost......umm okay?

Because it had to have 20 bedrooms.  One for Robyn and Arielle, one for each of the other kids, one for racks and drawers full of Robyn's Victoria Secret items and 14 for the spirit babies in heaven that might come down and nestle in her womb.  They all will need their own bedrooms.

• LOL 16
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, suev33 3 said:

They have lots if meds to help panic attacks, or even prevent them. They work well, believe me!!!  Or is that against their God?  🤔🤐

It's not right to raise a child with panic disorder in the middle of all this chaos, let alone another child on the spectrum. 

Plus, how evil of Kody to bring the kids into the discussion (argument with threats) and pit them against their mom! 

• Love 20
(edited)
15 minutes ago, SongbirdHollow said:

The stigma against mental illness is real.

While this is certainly true and we don't know the whole story, the history of the Browns is one built entirely of lies, gimmicks, and grifting.  I wouldn't put it past them to script anything that might make them a buck and that includes pulling the kids into faking pretty much anything.

If they had made a single reference about seeking help for this, I would be less reluctant to pass it off as an act.  But....nada.

Edited by Kohola3
  • Love 16

So i'm willing to bet that most of the 4-bedroom houses that they are able to find for rent also include an office and possibly a den area. Two rooms that could easily be turned into an extra bedroom.

I think the two girls could share a room easily, my friend and her sister did it until they moved out for college. However I don't think Daytona and Soloman should share a room.  Too much of an age difference.  But I think Soloman and the youngest girl could share a room for a few more years. 

• Love 7
(edited)

Being on TV isn't helping Aurora's panic attacks any. I wonder how much pressure is put on the children to be active participants in filming? I wonder if they're made to feel that the financial success of the family depends partly on their performance? I remember that Dayton, when he injured his eye, said he didn't want it in the show. It came out because people noticed. I bet he still didn't want to discuss in public but Robyn and Kody induced him to do so. 

And you can tell that the adult kids - or at least Logan and Garrison - seem to have permanently opted out of the whole mess. Why should they be involved? I doubt there's much financial renumeration for them if they do become involved. Also, Garrison was baptized into the LDS and I bet his ward wouldn't be happy about him participating now.

Oh and my younger sisters always shared a room. When they were 13 my parents moved my oldest sister into the rec room and tried to get one of the twins to move to their own bedroom but they couldn't sleep unless they were in the same room. 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 12
12 minutes ago, Dmarie019 said:

So i'm willing to bet that most of the 4-bedroom houses that they are able to find for rent also include an office and possibly a den area. Two rooms that could easily be turned into an extra bedroom.

I think the two girls could share a room easily, my friend and her sister did it until they moved out for college. However I don't think Daytona and Soloman should share a room.  Too much of an age difference.  But I think Soloman and the youngest girl could share a room for a few more years. 

The point is moot, anyway.  Robyn's children are more deserving than the other wives children because... well.. they are ROBYN'S progeny, of course.  They MUST each have their own bedrooms and so they do - in Robyn's million dollar Mcmansion.   Right now Robyn is praying for a servant who will come fan her and feed her grapes, but so far none of her fans have come forward to volunteer for the position.   Maybe one of Meri's loyal lularoe layered toe lickers will be up for it.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Meri says there is "magic" happening in plural marriage. I think all of us vote that we have never seen any evidence of magic. They are all delusional.

And yes Robin you did do this to Aurora, she sees how you REACT to things and she took it a few steps further.

Maybe she meant black magic and not good magic. 😄

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Cherry Cola said:
6 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Meri says there is "magic" happening in plural marriage. I think all of us vote that we have never seen any evidence of magic. They are all delusional.

Maybe she meant black magic and not good magic. 😄

Or maybe after a big dinner Kody says "Hey kids!  Want to see some magic?  Pull my finger!"

• LOL 8
  • Love 1