Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E10: A Breaking Point

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

Pretty sure the one to blow the lid off all this will be Gabe.

You may be right, he's been through the mill and denied so many opportunities he well may have had in LV.  He has got to harbor resentment towards Kody and maybe even Janelle with this forced move to Flag. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:
12 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

Pretty sure the one to blow the lid off all this will be Gabe.

You may be right, he's been through the mill and denied so many opportunities he well may have had in LV.  He has got to harbor resentment towards Kody and maybe even Janelle with this forced move to Flag. 

He has to be seething with how much they expected him to simply give up and accept the move.  It's doubly worse if the move was at all related to Robyn wanting to be with Day'un as he started college if the rumors that he dropped out of NAU to go to community college are true.  That's the kind of thing that stays with some people for life.  It's so unfair if that happened.

• Love 8

I don't think ANYone in the family is going to spill the beans. TLC will automatically sue the pants off the family if any of them - even the kids - write a tell-all. 

Logan just doesn't seem like the kind of person who has a vengeful streak.  I think he just wants to live a quiet life with his fiancee. 

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I don't think ANY one in the family is going to spill the beans. TLC will automatically sue the pants off the family if any of them - even the kids - write a tell-all.

Logan just doesn't seem like the kind of person who has a vengeful streak.  I think he just wants to live a quiet life with his fiancee. 

Yeah, probably in the contract that no one "tells all" or serious law suit. Too bad as I would buy that book in a heart beat!

• Love 6
On 3/13/2020 at 12:16 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

Why does Kody have to step in and get his grimy fingerprints on everything and piss on everyone’s territory?

why?  because Kody is a narciccist and the sun rises and sets because of him, don't ya know?

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

I don't think ANYone in the family is going to spill the beans. TLC will automatically sue the pants off the family if any of them - even the kids - write a tell-all. 

Each of the kids seems really close to their own biological mother, and then Janelle's kids are close with Christine as well. I don't think they are going to do something to hurt their mom.

I finally finished watching the episode. Did anyone else notice how Kody tried to use the kids to undermine Robyn and win the house buying argument? That seemed very calculated. They have one child they say is having a mental health issue, but they put the kids in the center of their disagreement and then Kody tries to turn the kids on their mother. It would be ironic if Robyn ended up being the wife to leave. I always said being Kody's legal wife is no prize. It just means that Kody has more power, which is not a good thing. 

And if Brianna misses her other siblings, set up some sleepover and get togethers. I am telling you, these wives hate other and avoid each other whenever possible, even if it means a child doesn't get to see her brothers and sisters. 

• Love 9
On 3/10/2020 at 12:05 AM, Christina said:

This is not directed to anyone and is probably a waste of keystrokes, but I feel the need to point it out because it is one of the things that disgusted me about the Browns so much that it was a major contributing factor in my bailing on the show...

Kody did NOT adopt Robyn's kids. David, their dad, did NOT sign his rights away. The State of Nevada did NOT change the laws to allow the Browns to adopt the kids without going through the legal process that everyone else has to go through, including other step parents adopting children when the biological parent is still alive.

It appears that David signed a Medical Power of Attorney for Kody, which would allow him to sign for medical treatment in case Robyn wasn't around. He may have also signed a Limited Power of Attorney for school purposes. If Robyn were to pass away, David would receive full custody of his kids, because he never lost his rights and continued receiving visitation.

When David and Robyn divorced, she received primary custody and was allowed to move from Wyoming, where they lived as a family, to Northern Utah, where her mother lived. David and Robyn had to meet halfway to pass the kids back and forth for David's visitation. Her divorce degree was released by a tabloid at one point.

When she met Kody and moved to Lehi, she did so without court approval resulting in her still having to take the kids to the same halfway point as before. Then, when they ran away to Nevada, she was ordered to transport the kids entirely. When that was going on, it appears that a new visitation schedule was ordered since they were not as close physically as before, and the child support changed, too. With the show, Robyn's income was so much higher than David's, who worked in HVAC, I think, and his obligation was reduced greatly. It was reported by someone who claimed to be his family member that it was waived by Robyn as part of the agreement to let her move to Las Vegas. Obviously, we have no idea if they were actually related, but that very well could have happened because his obligation was probably small enough to not hurt her to not receive, and moving without court approval could have really hurt her legally.

When they were filming the family discussions and the "Adoption Hearing," Robyn explained to the other adults that her lawyer in Wyoming said he signed the papers but wanted to know when she was bringing the kids to their visit because it was past due. She quickly ended that call and, to my surprise, actually looked sick that he signed; she did not believe he was going to and the kids were upset when they told them. Watching those kids cry thinking that their dad signed them away made me so sick and angry I wanted to slap Robyn and Kody. To me, Robyn then showed that she wasn't happy about it either. The cameras turned off and when it came back, Dayton explained he understood why Kody would need to sign for medical treatment. I think Robyn explained they were only calling it adoption for the cameras.

The entire Kody adopted Robyn's kids storyline came about because they got busted for him divorcing Meri to marry Robyn and it was not being taking well by viewers, so they needed an excuse. Wallah, he needed to adopt the kids and couldn't do it without being married. The adoption storyline failed, too. People were pretty disgusted that they were cutting the dad out of the kids' lives, especially when we saw Dayton and the youngest daughter in tears when they were told. It was just a hateful thing to do.

Robyn's kids still had their dad's last name when some school records were discovered. I don't remember what it was exactly, but I think one or two of them won scholastic awards and there was mention in the school paper or something. Also, Dayton's eye injury was received when he had an ATV accident with his dad. Robyn had a lien put on her house for a medical bill for one of the kids, and that lien also had David's name on it, because he is the father and responsible, too, not Kody. 

The Browns all consider David's kids as Browns and none of the adults treat them differently than they treat the others, but there was no legal adoption, it was just another fake story.

In light of this, it seems purposeless and wasteful for me to analyze ANYthing on this show.  Guess I’m out. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

set up some sleepover and get togethers

exactly!!!  this family is so full of themselves, they don't know how their decisions they've made over the past 20 years has affected each one of their children.  Robyn divorcing Kody would be the perfect way to end this show...

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, texasbluebonnets said:

Robyn divorcing Kody would be the perfect way to end this show...

And then she'd shop around to be "star" of another show - SSMO5 (Sainted Single Mother of 5) escapes polygamy with her 5 children.  One of them is (probably) on the spectrum, another is prone to panic attacks, and at least one of the two youngest still co-sleeps with her.

Shoot, if she could find a dwarf to marry, this would be a sure bet.

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
On 3/12/2020 at 6:08 PM, rayndon said:

while putting in no work to accomplish it.

He reminds me of Whitney Way Thore, declairing she can dance, but just moves her hands up and down to look good, and to have everyone else around her do her hard work for her.  A different scenario, but she acts just like Kody.  Very selfish and definitely narcissistic.  I wish TLC would put their money to better use and find people who really have a positive story to tell other than waste their money on shit shows like these two are.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Robyn would never divorce Kody!  Who else would buy her a $800,000 home, a brand new vehicle and allow her to weep and wallow!

He might leave her but she'll never leave that soft, cushy tv life!

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, texasbluebonnets said:

He reminds me of Whitney Way Thore, declairing she can dance, but just moves her hands up and down to look good, and to have everyone else around her do her hard work for her.  A different scenario, but she acts just like Kody.  Very selfish and definitely narcissistic.  I wish TLC would put their money to better use and find people who really have a positive story to tell other than waste their money on shit shows like these two are.

You're probably right, they are after all, The Learning Channel---but positive stories just cause me to feel all warm and fuzzy and we all sometimes need an outlet to snark.🤷‍♀️

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Robyn would never divorce Kody!  Who else would buy her a $800,000 home, a brand new vehicle and allow her to weep and wallow!

He might leave her but she'll never leave that soft, cushy tv life!

Have you not been watching?  Kody is not supposed to BUY her a house.  God (the real one, not Kody) has a 6-bedroom RENTAL in Flagstaff that He's about to sign the lease on for her.

• LOL 11
2 hours ago, texasbluebonnets said:

and to also allow her to sleep until noon every day, with her hired nanny to care for her children.

I suspect that is why she is so stressed out in this season, since the move.  Mindy, her resident niece and nanny/child helper stayed behind in Vegas.  Mindy came to live with her when Solomon was 1 yr old, so Robyn doesn't know how to care for her huge house/children without that help.  She seemed quite the basket case when she was "sittin there" talking about how (her)God would never block them from getting to the property.

• Love 8
On 3/10/2020 at 8:01 PM, Kyanight said:

Robyn demanded to be the favorite as a kid, had to be Kody's favorite - is it any surprise that one of her kids would be a favorite? Although I haven't seen enough interaction of Robyn with all of her kids to say for sure that Aurora is the favorite.

Do you know her in real life?

On 3/8/2020 at 12:19 PM, Kyanight said:

It just seemed so "staged" and put on for the cameras.  

If you watch when Solomon is sitting on Robyn, before Aurora has her “panic attack”, he is deep breathing. It seems like he knows what is about to happen. I think Robyn wanted to gain viewer sympathy. Robyn saw how everyone was concerned about Ysabel. She had to make her daughter seem needy/sickly. I’m not buying  it - Kody and Robyn are trying to act this season and it’s not working for me.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13

Sorry I'm late to the party....the Netherlands only just broadcast this episode 

So my highlight of the whole series was when they were doing the interview with Robyn and kody at the end. When Robyn said "God will provide us with a rental" and Kody mouthed "What The Fuuuuu" at the camera 🤣

Seriously these people are so spoilt. I live in a densely populated town, we live in little terraced houses, typically 2-up 1-down (i.e. 2 bedrooms and a combined living/dining room downstairs) and feel grateful just to get out of the rental trap and be in a nice neighbourhood. The kids play out on the road because the gardens are tiny. 

Robyn does NOT need a 5 bedroom mansion and the point of religion is NOT so that you can get everything you want just by praying. Plenty of kids share bedrooms. If that's too awful to consider, how about Aurora moves in to meri's mansion (and there is no reason why she needs anything more than a 2 bedroom rental) and the 2 little kids share a room. Then get a 4 room rental. Find it hard to believe there are none of those available. Jeepers creepers.

Also Auroras panic attack. I figured she might have seen some scary fights between Robyn and her ex husband, which may trigger a ptsd response when she sees Robyn fighting with Kody.

I wish meri and christine would go off and find new boyfriends/husbands who can give them the love and special attention they are both (rightly) craving. It seems to me janelle is the only one who enjoys this polygamy thing, which she handles by being emotionally detached from everyone.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
(edited)

Ok I am just catching up on old episodes now. WHY the hell would you go into the buy or rent argument in front of your kids??? What the hell do they care??? That entire conversation should have been just "Guys, this house sold. We need to move to another house in two months. We (mom and dad) are going to find the best place we can. We'll make it work." 

Kids care about like, if they have to switch schools, if they have their own bedroom, what's the yard like. Not rent vs own. 

Edited by Canadian Girl
  • Love 11

Also, go Aurora when she very maturely and articulately said "Well I was looking forward to living all together on the property before I went to college but I guess that's not going to happen." You can read between the lines: "Because you are fucking idiots who screwed up."

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
On 7/23/2020 at 10:33 AM, Canadian Girl said:

Ok I am just catching up on old episodes now. WHY the hell would you go into the buy or rent argument in front of your kids???

Because having a discussion on moving after the kids went to sleep would not only be an adult behavior the Browns have not mastered yet, it wouldn't trigger whichever child has panic attacks so they would at least have some new content for their show.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Nysha said:

Because having a discussion on moving after the kids went to sleep would not only be an adult behavior the Browns have not mastered yet, it wouldn't trigger whichever child has panic attacks so they would at least have some new content for their show.

I think it was a set up for the show.  Not to belittle her anxiety/panic if she really has it.  Because I have anxiety and occasionally a panic attack.  But I think those kids know they really don't have to worry about getting what they need.  Unless mom made a big deal about it and alluded to the fact they might be homeless.  Not homeless, but you might have to share a room with your two sisters.  Plus I believe they rented the house knowing it was going to be sold eventually.

• Love 4