Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E10: A Breaking Point

• Start Topic

38 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

Robyn's behavior on the show back then was off too. While they played it up like she was nervous and "afraid" to deal with her Ex (damn that cookie stealer). I wouldn't be surprised if she was just nervous that the truth of the matter may come out on the show, and she had always played the damsel while bashing the man on camera.

Added to this is the fact that for whatever reason, Robyn must be extremely secure about her ex never coming forward to set any records straight.  Up until now it's been only her side of the story - she's bashed him to the point of erasing him in a photo with his own children and not only replacing it with Kody, but replacing it with a young version of Kody - the age Kody would've been if he'd been their actual bio father.  That takes the creep factor up to 11, if you ask me.  The fact that we've heard nothing from David Jessop or anyone associated with him is rather astonishing, unless he signed something or she truly does have serious dirt on him.  If not, I would think she must live in a constant state of fear that someday David is going to come along and spill the tea on his shrew of an ex-wife.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 17
7 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I always assumed that David just isn't online and doesn't follow the show. I hope he still gets to see his kids. 

And maybe TLC paid him off.

For the Sister Wives show?  Not a chance.  Unless David can be bought for a 6 inch subway sandwich and a bag of chips.

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I agree with you that Kody has the financial savvy of a walnut, but even a walnut wants a big fat tax refund every year! ☺️

And even if Kody didn't LEGALLY adopt Robyn's kids, by marrying her - and with her being primary custodial parent - he could still get the tax bonus. 

The divorce = real (or least legal).  Meri is not that good of an actress.

The marriage = real (or at least legal).

The adoptions = just another fake scene in the show.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I felt so angry when Aurora was triggered into her panic attack as someone who has suffered from them. As parents, they should be protecting her from these triggers instead of doing it seemingly on purpose. 

Dick move. Assholes. 

And Kody of course has to do it in the most dramatic, breathy, intense, Charles-Mansonesque-stare way. He lives for the drama. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Does anyone know if there's a clip of her panic attack online?  I'm a psychologist who also suffers from panic disorder and I'd like to see it without having to sit through the rest of the malarkey.

27 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I always assumed that David just isn't online and doesn't follow the show. I hope he still gets to see his kids. 

It's possible, but if I'm a parent of minor children who are being featured on a television show, I'm going to find a way to tune in, especially a show that's been on for so long.  Also, I can't imagine that word hasn't gotten back to him via the plyg network about how his ex is portraying him.  I don't know squat about the Jessop family except that it's a well-known name in plyg circles, so isn't Robyn kind of playing with fire here?

• Love 7
45 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I agree with you that Kody has the financial savvy of a walnut, but even a walnut wants a big fat tax refund every year! ☺️

But when the divorce actually happened, years ago, didn’t Christine have more dependents? Robyn only had her three (yes?). If (IF) David was still paying child support, Robyn would not have been able to claim them. And the single moms are earning income from the show so they could just go ahead and claim their kids as dependents. Kody doesn’t need to. 

I also don’t think Robyn could have forced him to divorce Meri unless that was his desire. Which it was. All the wives got kicked to the curb in some way because he fell in love with Robyn. He’s a shitty example of a plyg husband  who plays favorites and makes all decisions based on what he wants. Then puts ridiculous judgments on the adults who don’t agree. They’re irrational. They’re not open-minded. I’m sure he’d love being back in the Fifties when women were branded as hysterical when they got upset and you could just get their doctor to medicate them or dx them with mental illness and lock them up.

Robyn is the only one who doesn’t tiptoe around when she disagrees with him. Meri clams up, Janelle either doesn’t care much or pretends not to, and Christine treats him like a spooked horse she’s trying to soothe. He finally is yelling at Robyn, apparently, so let’s see if she starts showing placating behaviors.

i find this whole “marriage” exasperatingly ridiculous but I don’t think Robyn is a villain or the family mastermind, and I can completely understand why Meri has her walls up after enduring years of this crap. Even though she agrees to polygamy, I think she was way too young and naive and in love with Kody when they married, to have any idea how she’d really feel if he ever chose another wife. She probably also bought into the idea that a good plyg husband took care of all his wives’ various needs. Well, guess what  

And because they all seem to believe in Eternity on Planet Kody, they’re stuck. They are all in for a hell of a disappointment when they reach the afterlife; no doubt all this earthly grief is for nothing. 

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 12
On 3/9/2020 at 9:58 AM, Dmarie019 said:

And she gets them 4-5 (or 3-4?) times a week?? that's a lot! 

That’s a panic attack every other day. If this is true, it’s insane and something is seriously wrong. 

• Love 17
19 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

If (IF) David was still paying child support, Robyn would not have been able to claim them

I believe it's either what is in the divorce decree or whichever parent is providing the larger amount of support to the children gets to claim them.  Of course, the tax laws may have changed since I read that.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, Fosca said:

Does anyone know if there's a clip of her panic attack online?  I'm a psychologist who also suffers from panic disorder and I'd like to see it without having to sit through the rest of the malarkey.

I don't know how much of this shows the attack because I refuse to watch and give these grifters reinforcement of their illusions of grandeur.  But apparently some of it is there, I only watched a couple of seconds.  They make me want to puke.

• Love 4

Goody two shoes Robyn was hard to tolerate but surly, stubborn Robyn is intolerable. Filming their daughter having a panic attack and hyperventilating was an all time low for this show. Kody and Robyn should be ashamed.

• Love 18
On 3/9/2020 at 12:19 PM, sheshark said:

Should be cancelled now, there was nothing going on last night. The lady doth protest too much, methinks.  And the 'panic attack'.  Is moving within the same city such a stressor?  I guess to someone who has forgotten they came from an unheated trailer to tv fame and fortune.  However, last year Kootie made a public twitter statement that Gabe was overly dramatic for not wanting to leave his high school where he was an honor society member, class president and probable wrestling captain, just so Robochin could be near her college student Day'un.

It really is disgusting. He was ANGRY at Gabe for voicing his feelings, but then his behavior—and Robyn’s—during Aurora’s meltdown (where she gets to stay in the same school!) was sickening in its double-standard hypocrisy and favoritism. I really can’t stand Kody. And his stupid, STUPID wife. And I’m sorry, but I felt nothing for aurora. Nothing but a quiet eye roll. Everyone running up the stairs, after THEY put this in motion.... I don’t know...the whole thing felt manipulative.

Love your avatar, SHESHARK!

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 24
23 hours ago, MelissaMinion said:

It's not right to raise a child with panic disorder in the middle of all this chaos, let alone another child on the spectrum. 

Plus, how evil of Kody to bring the kids into the discussion (argument with threats) and pit them against their mom! 

This is how he operates. He pits wives against wives, and now we see him pit kids against wives. 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 9
23 hours ago, MelissaMinion said:

It's not right to raise a child with panic disorder in the middle of all this chaos, let alone another child on the spectrum. 

Plus, how evil of Kody to bring the kids into the discussion (argument with threats) and pit them against their mom! 

I don't think bringing the kids in was a good idea at all.  I mean, they have no control over it.  And, when the kids have no control, then they shouldn't be brought into it. They should be told they are safe and cared for.  No worries.  Kids have enough issues going to school now days.  So, it was a  terrible decision all the way around, but, I actually blame Robyn more than Kody.  We know he won't stand up to his wives and that Robyn makes the household decisions.  But, in all fairness, it seemed that Kody was exasperated with Robyn's head in the clouds, fantasy land approach to waiting for God to provide a nonexistent 6 bedroom rental and sometimes, you can't fix crazy.  It would be scary to see that my mom was more immature than I was.  

• Love 13

Help refresh my memory. If I remember correctly, Robin didn’t  want to have a fifth child without being legally married.  I think that is the actual reason for the marriage.  That and the fact that Kody actually loves Robyn.  

It had nothing to do with Robyn’s children needing health insurance(the stated reason)  because Kody never married Christine or Janelle.  Nor is his name  on their children’s’  birth certificates.  If it had been, he’d have been reimbursing Utah for Christine’s public aid benefits. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Twopper said:

Then they put her in front of the cameras because she wants to be a spokesman for panic attacks. 

Bingo!!!

I think it’s her parents that want her to take advantage of that opportunity.

If you want to be a spokeshole/influencer on Social Media you gotta have a gimmick.  Robyn and her brood haven’t been sucked into stumping for LuLaOMGNo, so since Aurora is soon to be 18 she needs to #panicattack so she can embark on her SM career.

• Love 9

Regarding the argument as to God telling Kody to buy a house, but telling Robyn to rent one.  Do these people ever actually read the Bible?

God is not the author of confusion, but of peace” (1 Corinthians 14:33).

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17
47 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I don't think bringing the kids in was a good idea at all.  

I found it hilarious that the fam'ly meetings included King Sol and Princess Ari and her pacifier.  

Those two idiots should have sorted out their buy/rent mess first and then presented it to their kids as fact, but instead Kodork has to go around the circle and ask everyone's opinion - which is made even more pointless because we all know he's already made up his mind on whatever moronic scheme he's got percolating in his pea-brain.

I wonder what would've happened if Ari had popped out her binky and said, "I wanna RENT, daddy!!"  

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 20
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

That’s a panic attack every other day. If this is true, it’s insane and something is seriously wrong. 

Agree.  I have panic issues and they are all inside.  I try to keep it hidden.  It's easy to allow it to over come you.  What parent would let their child suffer with that many panic attacks per week without getting help and possibly medication for it?  Unless it is something that recently started happening.

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Agree.  I have panic issues and they are all inside.  I try to keep it hidden.  It's easy to allow it to over come you.  What parent would let their child suffer with that many panic attacks per week without getting help and possibly medication for it?  Unless it is something that recently started happening.

Let's hope God has told Robyn that her child needs medical help.  Are they even sure they are panic attacks and not something else?  I truly hope they have sought medical help and are not simply maybe home diagnosis once again.

• Love 12

I realize that what we're seeing on the show happened 12-18 months ago, but just for kicks I Googled "Flagstaff homes for rent."  On four different sites, I found about 230 homes to rent.  Granted, most of these are not the necessary 6 bedroom/6 bathroom monstrosities apparently needed by both Robyn and Meri, but there are several smaller homes that would work just fine with some bedroom sharing on the part of Robyn's kids (or, in Meri's case, her spirit kids).

So when they keep saying that say there's NOTHING to rent in Flagstaff, I think what they mean is - there's nothing to rent that won't make them look better when compared to the other.  I think that those two women circled each other like vultures for months, waiting for one of them to finally break down and choose a rental just so the other one could swoop in and choose something bigger and more expensive.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

I thought Meri offered to divorce Kody so he could adopt Robyn's kids?  If they weren't legally married he would not be able to adopt them.  Also my personal opinion is that Meri easily offered the divorce because at that time she thought she was going to leave and be with that make believe guy Sam.  It would make it very easy for her to walk away when the time was right.  

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I thought Meri offered to divorce Kody so he could adopt Robyn's kids?  If they weren't legally married he would not be able to adopt them.  Also my personal opinion is that Meri easily offered the divorce because at that time she thought she was going to leave and be with that make believe guy Sam.  It would make it very easy for her to walk away when the time was right.  

"Sam" was awhile after the divorce.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, texasbluebonnets said:

I think the divorce affected Meri more than she lets on.  When she was signing her divorce papers, I remember her crying hysterically, while Kody and Robyn glanced at each other smiling.  I think Meri was broken after that and in a "real" divorce, one does not live or associate with the ex as much as possible, but because they lived polygamy lifestyle, she was forced to stay and act like nothing happened.  I'm not a huge Meri fan, but my heart did go out to her during her divorce.

I agree with you 100% and have said the exact same thing more than once on this forum.  No one is excusing her so-called "affair" with "Sam" - it's just possible to understand how lonely and miserable and unwanted she might have felt after Kody dumped her for Robyn.  Make no mistake - this situation was not all that much different from any monogamous husband finding a new woman he's crazy over - divorcing his wife - and marrying this new girlfriend.  Yes Meri knew and accepted Robyn coming into the family... but Meri DID believe that Kody DID love her.  And if he DID love her - that pretty much disappeared when all he could think about was Robyn and what Robyn wanted.

And as the years have passed and it's been PROVEN that Meri did not introduce Robyn to Kody (as so many people like to believe).... I have been wondering if Kody decided he needed another wife in order to be on TLC.  The family needed the money.. there were already three wives - what was one more?  

Robyn was heartless during those "divorce scenes".  She smirked and smiled and grinned, and so did Kody, who was probably only thinking about boinking Robyn again as soon as they got home.

Edited by Kyanight
wrote the wrong name
  • Love 17
7 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

And as the years have passed and it's been PROVEN that Meri did not introduce Robyn to Kody (as so many people like to believe).... I have been wondering if Kody decided he needed another wife in order to be on TLC.  The family needed the money.. there were already three wives - what was one more?  

I always thought Robyn was brought in to get the tv show, and that without the show there would be no 4th "wife."  I think Meri knows that was the reason (not so sure about Christine and Janelle), and I don't believe that it was for Meri to have a connection to Robyn to balance the connection between Janelle and Christine.  ( this isn't Little Women with the Jo-Beth connection and Meg-Amy).

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

But when the divorce actually happened, years ago, didn’t Christine have more dependents? Robyn only had her three (yes?). If (IF) David was still paying child support, Robyn would not have been able to claim them. And the single moms are earning income from the show so they could just go ahead and claim their kids as dependents. Kody doesn’t need to. 

I also don’t think Robyn could have forced him to divorce Meri unless that was his desire. Which it was. All the wives got kicked to the curb in some way because he fell in love with Robyn. He’s a shitty example of a plyg husband  who plays favorites and makes all decisions based on what he wants. Then puts ridiculous judgments on the adults who don’t agree. They’re irrational. They’re not open-minded. I’m sure he’d love being back in the Fifties when women were branded as hysterical when they got upset and you could just get their doctor to medicate them or dx them with mental illness and lock them up.

One of the "conditions" Robyn set for having Ari, I think, was to be married. 

The divorce was final in Dec 2014. I think Christine was down to 3, maybe 4, kids under 18.  Robyn had four, plus the probability of a fifth, also they were younger overall, Christine's kids were aging out where they still have over 10 years of Sol and 14 years (minimum) of Ari. They'll probably keep poor Dayton around since he's special needs. I just don't see Christine letting her kids stay much past 18 for the sake of a tax deduction.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Christina said:

This is not directed to anyone and is probably a waste of keystrokes, but I feel the need to point it out because it is one of the things that disgusted me about the Browns so much that it was a major contributing factor in my bailing on the show...

Kody did NOT adopt Robyn's kids. David, their dad, did NOT sign his rights away. The State of Nevada did NOT change the laws to allow the Browns to adopt the kids without going through the legal process that everyone else has to go through, including other step parents adopting children when the biological parent is still alive.

It appears that David signed a Medical Power of Attorney for Kody, which would allow him to sign for medical treatment in case Robyn wasn't around. He may have also signed a Limited Power of Attorney for school purposes. If Robyn were to pass away, David would receive full custody of his kids, because he never lost his rights and continued receiving visitation.

When David and Robyn divorced, she received primary custody and was allowed to move from Wyoming, where they lived as a family, to Northern Utah, where her mother lived. David and Robyn had to meet halfway to pass the kids back and forth for David's visitation. Her divorce degree was released by a tabloid at one point.

When she met Kody and moved to Lehi, she did so without court approval resulting in her still having to take the kids to the same halfway point as before. Then, when they ran away to Nevada, she was ordered to transport the kids entirely. When that was going on, it appears that a new visitation schedule was ordered since they were not as close physically as before, and the child support changed, too. With the show, Robyn's income was so much higher than David's, who worked in HVAC, I think, and his obligation was reduced greatly. It was reported by someone who claimed to be his family member that it was waived by Robyn as part of the agreement to let her move to Las Vegas. Obviously, we have no idea if they were actually related, but that very well could have happened because his obligation was probably small enough to not hurt her to not receive, and moving without court approval could have really hurt her legally.

When they were filming the family discussions and the "Adoption Hearing," Robyn explained to the other adults that her lawyer in Wyoming said he signed the papers but wanted to know when she was bringing the kids to their visit because it was past due. She quickly ended that call and, to my surprise, actually looked sick that he signed; she did not believe he was going to and the kids were upset when they told them. Watching those kids cry thinking that their dad signed them away made me so sick and angry I wanted to slap Robyn and Kody. To me, Robyn then showed that she wasn't happy about it either. The cameras turned off and when it came back, Dayton explained he understood why Kody would need to sign for medical treatment. I think Robyn explained they were only calling it adoption for the cameras.

The entire Kody adopted Robyn's kids storyline came about because they got busted for him divorcing Meri to marry Robyn and it was not being taking well by viewers, so they needed an excuse. Wallah, he needed to adopt the kids and couldn't do it without being married. The adoption storyline failed, too. People were pretty disgusted that they were cutting the dad out of the kids' lives, especially when we saw Dayton and the youngest daughter in tears when they were told. It was just a hateful thing to do.

Robyn's kids still had their dad's last name when some school records were discovered. I don't remember what it was exactly, but I think one or two of them won scholastic awards and there was mention in the school paper or something. Also, Dayton's eye injury was received when he had an ATV accident with his dad. Robyn had a lien put on her house for a medical bill for one of the kids, and that lien also had David's name on it, because he is the father and responsible, too, not Kody. 

The Browns all consider David's kids as Browns and none of the adults treat them differently than they treat the others, but there was no legal adoption, it was just another fake story.

57B83B5C-9685-4C52-8884-DAB192836AD8.jpeg.1348092b276d0f80e695d9f48c6b1169.jpeg

Holy shit. There are white lies, and there’s faking three adoptions on reality TV for a paycheck.  I don’t know how I can look at them now. 

6 hours ago, smarty2020 said:

I think we all suspect the "adoption" isn't what they portrayed it to be on the show. 

I believed it lock, stock and barrel! I might be out after this season wraps up. This is game-changing. Don’t piss on my leg and tell me it’s raining, Browns!

• Love 13

About this non adoption adoption thing. Wasn't there an episode where they were in a courtroom for the adoption? Was this a make believe courtroom and judge?  I didn't follow this show too closely back then so not sure if I am remembering this correctly. Also I am not on twitter but are the Browns ever challenged about all of the lies that they tell? 

• Love 1

Did someone say that Dayton dropped out of NAU and is attending community college?  I saw Janelle posted on twitter that Aurora and Gwen are going to join Gabe at NAU next year but no mention of Dayton still being there too.

Edited by smarty2020
  • Useful 1
43 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Robyn was heartless during those "divorce scenes".  She smirked and smiled and grinned, and so did Kody, who was probably only thinking about boinking Robyn again as soon as they got home.

And then Robyn tried to talk Kody into throwing her yet another wedding celebration.  I am still amazed that Kody said no to that.  But then again he may have had an inkling what the viewers reaction to this divorce was going to be.

• Love 10

I've only had time to read two pages so far and won't be able to read the rest for a day or so, but I'm just wondering if anybody else made out what Sol was mouthing to one of his siblings while on Robyn's lap?  It looked to me like 'use your middle finger', or something about a middle finger.  Anybody else catch that?

2 hours ago, eskimo said:

I've only had time to read two pages so far and won't be able to read the rest for a day or so, but I'm just wondering if anybody else made out what Sol was mouthing to one of his siblings while on Robyn's lap?  It looked to me like 'use your middle finger', or something about a middle finger.  Anybody else catch that?

I didn't, sorry!  I was too busy watching in fascination as Robyn rooted for bugs on Solomon's body.

Edited by Kyanight
  • LOL 7
10 hours ago, Soaper410 said:

An ONTD thread 8ish years ago said Janelle was close to Aspyn while the kids were still growing up.  If I remember correctly it was an a "friend" of theirs from their Utah area.   The poster said something like Aspyn was just like Christine but "smart" and Janelle and Janelle was the "our kids need to go to college" parent.  

It was the first time I hard about: Janelle and Meri being sisters-in-law, Janelle moving out of the house for a while, etc. 

With that being said, its clear that Christine is close to all of Janelle's kids.  Meri seems to have a genuine interest and relationship with Solomon. And for the first few seasons, it seemed like all the adults doted on Truly (between Christine's miscarriage and the original last child it would be natural). 

I think we see the closeness Christine has with the kids because she was the nurturing mother.  She cared for the kids when they were young in Lehi while Janelle worked outside the home.  She basically ran the Brown family daycare; teaching, feeding, comforting the kids full time until they were old enough to go to school and then before and after school when they were older.  

I've never thought of Janelle as a touchy/feely soft mother.  She's admitted she preferred to leave the housekeeping, child care etc to someone else so she could go to work.  I see Christine as the opposite of Janelle, possibly the reason they get along.

I don't see Meri as a nurturing - soft place to fall type of parent.  She says the kids used to spend time with her (again, when they lived in Lehi) when they were younger but I've never seen any lingering bits of those relationships with the older Brown kids.  She just seems to be too personally needy to have much left over to give a child.

The move from Lehi to Vegas and the addition of Robyn and her kids to the family definitely have had many lasting effects and changed the family dynamics and relationships forever.  Other than their income changing thanks to the tv show and the benefits to the children of moving & broadening their educational and personal relationship opportunities, I don't see many other positive aspects of those changes, tho. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

"Sam" was awhile after the divorce.

Meri and Kody divorced in September of 2014.  Some of the catfish activity was in early March of 2015, so not that far after the divorce and who knows how long it was going on before it all became public.

Edited by LucyEth
Corrected year of divorce to 2014
  • Love 3

SHAME ON ALL OF THE ADULTS who put their kids in such situations for the cameras' sake.  I no longer will watch this show, but finding out through the previous posts really upsets me.  Also having Robyn tell Aurora of her marital problems is simply outrageous.  I hate the Browns, their kids will suffer the most, not the adults.  Did I say hate?  I don't use that word very much in my vocabulary but its the only word that describes my disgust for the adult Browns.  I sincerely hate them

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I didn't, sorry!  I was too busy watching in fascinating at Robyn rooted for bugs on Solomon's body.

I think she was noticing that Solomon's shirt was on backwards.  When she saw that, Solomon smirked and laughed.  I think he is a handful!  

• Love 6

But how long was the divorce idea being dangled in front of Meri before March 2015?  I don't believe for one minute that if the divorce had never been brought up that Meri would have gotten involved in the catfish activity. She loved being Kody's one and only legal wife. 

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

But how long was the divorce idea being dangled in front of Meri before March 2015?  I don't believe for one minute that if the divorce had never been brought up that Meri would have gotten involved in the catfish activity. She loved being Kody's one and only legal wife. 

Right?  She even framed her marriage license and hung it up.  Who DOES that?  I think that COULD be one of the reasons Robyn wanted Kody to divorce Meri and marry her.  Knowing Robyn, she couldn't STAND seeing that on the wall.  Poor fourth wife who had nothing but crumbs and dustbunnies and back wash in her soda bottles....

• Love 7