Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E11: Olympic Game Plan

• Start Topic

Did Nancy mess up the iron?  I thought they left it ambiguous.  Geoffrey said it was black glue or adhesive.  Brittany said she had stitched everything so it couldn't be her.  I thought Nancy stitched everything, too.  On the runway when describing everything it was all stitched on.  There was velcro, but that has to be sewn on, same with all her detailing.  Yeah, in the moment she did say to herself she hoped it wasn't her and that she always tries to check before leaving, but that's not a "gotcha".  It's just thinking out loud after hearing someone have an issue. 

(Also, the judges said they wouldn't ding for a thing like that.  And, let's face it, not having that small mudge on the dress would not have saved it.  It was not a great dress.)

Agree on all the reds - they all chose the same horrible red.  What is up with that color.  It was almost pink on my screen.  Scout said she wanted some red, to reflect her Chinese heritage, but I didn't think she said all red.  Not that all red is bad, but that I didn't think Marquise was as limited to all red as some of the others whose clients did request all/mostly red.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, aquarian1 said:

Did Nancy mess up the iron?  I thought they left it ambiguous.  Geoffrey said it was black glue or adhesive.  Brittany said she had stitched everything so it couldn't be her.  I thought Nancy stitched everything, too.  On the runway when describing everything it was all stitched on.  There was velcro, but that has to be sewn on, same with all her detailing.  Yeah, in the moment she did say to herself she hoped it wasn't her and that she always tries to check before leaving, but that's not a "gotcha".  It's just thinking out loud after hearing someone have an issue. 

(Also, the judges said they wouldn't ding for a thing like that.  And, let's face it, not having that small mudge on the dress would not have saved it.  It was not a great dress.)

Agree on all the reds - they all chose the same horrible red.  What is up with that color.  It was almost pink on my screen.  Scout said she wanted some red, to reflect her Chinese heritage, but I didn't think she said all red.  Not that all red is bad, but that I didn't think Marquise was as limited to all red as some of the others whose clients did request all/mostly red.  

They flashed to "10-minutes earlier" and showed Nancy clearly causing the mess. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
3 minutes ago, Whimsy said:

They flashed to "10-minutes earlier" and showed Nancy clearly causing the mess. 

I just looked at it again, and when Nancy set the iron down I couldn't see any glop on it. (not that that clears her, because she might not have been finished)

• Love 5

I thought they just showed her using the iron 10 minutes prior, but I didn't see a mess.  But I'll take your word for it.  I still don't know how she could get adhesive on it if she wasn't using adhesive.  But also, you couldn't even see that smudge on the runway.  I can't even see it in the recap photos on Bravo.  Geoffrey just used it (the issue) to add to his own melt down.  

• Love 3

He could have done a sexier neckline and a sexier back, plus used a fabric that was more sensual.  The dress was too plain.  I liked the skirt and I liked the straps but the rest was just kind of blah.

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, little black cloud said:

I keep thinking of how he could have dressed Scout differently to make her look more sophisticated-adult-ish. I think one major problem was with his fabric choice for the bodice; that eyelet was downright juvenile. (The whole thing skewed sweet to me, when I would have really responded to badass, as more in keeping with who she seems to be, and more aesthetically in line with that gorgeous prosthesis.)

Another problem was that he put her in a bodice that was straight up and down. He followed her natural figure -- and a fine figure it is -- rather than choosing seaming that might have suggested curves, one of the things that cue us that we're looking at a grown-ass adult.

I also know that women with a smaller bust sometimes choose styles that give an illuuuuusion of fullness up top, like a ruffle or pleats or a collar treatment with a bit of volume. Absolutely nothing wrong with flaunting one's flatness, but if Marquise had considered it, he could have asked her what she thought about adulting things up with that kind of embellishment.

In general, I loved seeing these women celebrated, and it was intriguing to see the designers cope with bodies that weren't like their usual models'; each of the women had, I think, pronounced physical differences that the designers had to negotiate.

Do we KNOW that Marquise didn't ask Scout what she wanted for the bodice?  Perhaps the bodice is exactly the way she wanted it to be.  It seems that 'benefit of the doubt' is only available to certain people.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Lovecat said:

In addition to doing something different with that bodice, I think Marquise could have asked makeup and hair to give her a bit more va-va voom.  She's very tiny in stature, but doesn't have childlike features, and is very beautiful.  The long, straight hair read very young, and coupled with that sexless bodice?  Pfffft.

I didn't even think about the hair, but you're absolutely right. It reminds me that In Not-So-Olden Times it was a rite of passage for girls to be allowed/expected to put their hair up as they became young ladies.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

I've decided to call Victoria's perennial hanging-down-piece a mud flap.

Maybe Nancy's delicate fabrics fell apart under the iron's heat and left that residue.

The 'fabric' didn't leave the residue on the iron.  NANCY left it.  Geoffrey definitely should have checked the iron before he used it.  But he may have been putting too much stock in the consideration of his fellow contestants not leaving the equipment that everyone uses in a total mess.  I have a feeling that if someone else had left that mess, it would be less okay.

• Love 3
Just now, mightysparrow said:

Do we KNOW that Marquise didn't ask Scout what she wanted for the bodice?  Perhaps the bodice is exactly the way she wanted it to be.  It seems that 'benefit of the doubt' is only available to certain people.

Well, let me put it this way: We weren't shown any conversation they might have had about it. Nor did we see him answer, when she said she wanted to look like the adult she is, with smart ideas about how to accomplish that. It's his job as a designer to guide her towards the effect she wants -- to give her a dress that will successfully do that, or at least to advocate for one that will.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Calamity Jane said:

If I remember correctly, in his season, Christian very nearly went out on a real-world client challenge. They were designing senior prom dresses, and Christian clashed completely with his client, who was rather heavy-set and had very strong ideas about what she did and did not want. He tried to accommodate her wishes, and nearly lost his spot.  

I found myself wondering if that memory was coloring his advice to this group. He didn’t want anyone to repeat his error.  Maybe?

That was Maddie. He designed an ugly, poorly made and ill-fitting prom dress and should have been eliminated. His was the worst dress and he and his teenage client clashed the entire time. Agree that this should have been a two-day challenge, the athletes deserved it.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
16 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Brittany's shrieking"It wasn't me!" was a complete bitch move and it obviously pointed to Nancy as the only other person with black fabric.  

I can't imagine Nancy didn't apologize to Geoffrey about the iron--the woman has been motherly and caring towards everyone in the competition, there is no way she didn't try and make amends.  

Nancy's silence was as big a 'bitch move' as Brittany's shriek, in my opinion.

Edited because there's no need for a 'bitch move of my own'.

Edited by mightysparrow
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, aquarian1 said:

Yes, this.  I felt bad that there was no support for her chest.  I know she wanted cleavage and a low V, but you can still design in some support.  Maybe not with a 1 day challenge, I don't know.   That said, she did look better (overall) in that dress than I initially thought she would.  

I thought Brittany's was a hot mess--that poor woman's breasts looked like a couple of pancakes slapped onto her chest.

23 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Maybe Nancy's delicate fabrics fell apart under the iron's heat and left that residue.

Victoria's "asymmetry" is a gimmick. It hardly ever serves a purpose, its just a random scrap of fabric hanging down. Its like she designs a regular dress, then just lengthens the hem on one side, then cuts some bits out. I am astonished that Nina, particularly, is snowed by her. Any other season and she'd be questioning her taste level. Even Heidi would say that Victoria's dress "does not look expensive"!

I am growing heartily sick of the judges' obsession with everything having to be "sexy". I'm sure being sexy is the farthest thing from many a pregnant woman's mind (it certainly was from mine). Critique the dress he made, not the one you think he should have made. (Sergio's snotty dismissal of a body conscious dress for a pregnant woman is another topic of discussion altogether. He's an arrogant little prig.)

• Love 20
6 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Some women like wearing very form fitting clothes while they're pregnant and there's nothing wrong with that.

Yeah, I was really confused about Sergio's attitude. I realize he (apparently) mostly hangs with older rich ladies, but actual young women who are pregnant have been wearing bump-enhancing, snug tops for several years now. As an old, I find this fairly ugly, but it's extremely popular and you see it at all economic levels. His dress would have been less frumpy if it had been sleeveless and better fitting in the bodice, imo. 

Victoria's was only in the top because her model had a great body. Imagine if she had gotten the shooter lady. 

Nancy's thoughtfulness won her the challenge, but really, when her woman rolled down the runway, it looked like a bare torso sitting in a pile of fabric. Nobody with such broad shoulders should have been in a strapless top with a tight up-do. 

As several have noted, Marquise should have been more forceful about his woman's styling-she should have had an up-do, and maybe stronger makeup. I also didn't understand how that dress met her request for 'showing skin'- all she was showing was her prosthetic leg, really.

I could watch Christian goofing around in the workroom all day long.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, BullInChina said:

To be fair, I had a similar reaction -- it seems like there have been 6 or 7 designers left for WEEKS now. 

But it's the hypocrisy that bothers some of us.  If Victoria was on the bottom, she would be screaming , thrashing, throwing things, saying that the competition is so unfair for criticizing her.  This week, she was on the top, so all of a sudden it's a major injustice that no one was kicked off.  

• Love 22
47 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

He said mesh was "his thing" so that's why he chose it.  Apparently Scout was fine with showing skin so he just left it as is with no lining.

I don't think Marquise generally is all about the sex, anyways.  He and Scout seemed to be really on the same page and Scout was just delighted with what Marquise made for her.

I agree that to some of us it seemed very childlike, but it's just luck of the draw that Marquise and Scout seemed to enjoy each other's styles very much.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 6

Nancy left the goo on the iron. They showed it. I’m not sure if it was from Velcro or embellishments. I thought her design was lovely and loved that it was adaptable. I laughed at Brittany zoning out while everyone went to bed and Nancy JUST KEPT TALKING. For all of the bits about Brittany being a “mean girl” to Nancy, she’s the one who sat there listening. I’d have bailed much sooner.

Geoffrey’s dress was a Heidi Krum special, short, tight and shiny.

Victoria was so miffy that her athlete didn’t want the ugly sleeves. I laughed. 

Marquise’s fabric was ugly. Had that dress been in crimson silk, it would have been much better. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Foxglove said:

Yes, and especially considering that Geoffrey was practically in tears in the last episode when he thought she would be going home! 

Geoffrey is in tears every week over everything that happens.  If Geoffrey's tears were part of a drinking game, we would all be sloshed by 9:20.

You could knock me over:  I agreed with the judges.  Thought the right design won, and lost.

But Victoria should have been down in the deep end with the rest of them.  Tacky and poorly made.

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

Someone on the show said Nancy was using fusible interfacing but I can’t imagine that making such a mess. It seemed more like melted polyester to me (having done that once myself) but that would have left a hole in her fabric so that seems unlikely, too. A mystery!

• Love 5

Anyone else a fan of Big Bang Theory?  Everytime they talk about Victoria's asymmetry, all I can hear is Sheldon and Amy's theory on super asymmetry! And I want a challenge where they dress nerd scientists.

• LOL 9
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, aquarian1 said:

They pointedly showed footage of her ironing...

• Love 1

Wow, lots of ticky-tacky garments this week! I loved the challenge and the women they were designing for. And I loved how the women all seemed to really like their dresses. I did not love that it was a one day challenge, that was ridiculous. I really did like Nancy's garmet and its function. 

Once again, how the heck did Victoria's garment land on top? In addition to being her usual, boring, already-been-there-done-that design, it was made out of cheap looking fabric and was way too short. 

Geoffrey's also looked really cheap to me and ill fitting. 

Marquis -- oh dear. That was not what I would have expected, it looked like an oversized (because the skirt had so much fabric) little girl's easter dress. I don't think it made her look grown up at all. It really weighed her down and the top was very juvenile.

I could also watch Christian goof off all day in the workroom and at mood. His ribbon gymnastics impersonation was hysterical. No Swatch today at Mood! Even Swatch doesn't want to see Victoria's face anymore. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

I thought the color of Sergio’s dress was pretty, but thought so much more could’ve been done for her.   When I was pregnant, I actually didn’t like my belly just hanging loose under my clothes.  I generally wore more clingy clothes ...felt more supportive.  Plus Sergio just sucks and there are tons of beautiful maternity dresses as evidenced in the post above of Kerry Washington.  

I thought Marquis was a goner.   His model was so cute but that dress was not good.

Sergio got lucky he got the tall perfectly proportioned athlete to dress. The dress did have a more supported slip under it.  I would have loved that dress while pregnant but he’s wrong that there aren’t women who love skin tight even when pregnant. 

• Love 2

Well, not as bad as it's been in the past.

I'm not the biggest Brittany fan, but this is the first time I've ever seen the one Real Life Model who's heftier than the others look gorgeous.  And the Greek goddess sleeve drape was perfect, both for her body shape and her farmer tan.  So FOAD, Nina--even though I'm sure you would have preferred a Moldovan Mudflap [tm @pasdetrois] that dress was classic and flattering and beautiful.

Sergio can't imagine a woman would want to do anything but conceal a pregnancy.  How 19th Century.  C'mere, Serge, let me tell you about my period.

Marquise's model wore a long sundress and sneakers for her big hypothetical victory celebration.  Could he not have slipped a pair of shoes on her that were neither high heels nor sneakers?  Idiot.

Geoffrey: Fail.  That woman's body and skin were both gorgeous.  She should have been flowing down that runway in a pool of liquid mercury.  Or setting off sparks in 18 inches of flapper fringe.

I've been a Nancy fan from the very beginning.  I'm sure she's too old for them to let her win the grand prize, but she won the whole shebang for her dress tonight, as far as I'm concerned.  So beautiful and so sensitive to the complications of a woman who wants to go out chair dancing  after her Olympic victory.  (And again, even though it has velcro for self-dressing and an alternative built-in style with trousers, and the world's first wheelchair train, Nina thinks the color isn't interesting enough.  Pfft.  Why not just stick on some mudflaps?)

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
4 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

Victoria criticizes Marquise for making his dress look cheap meanwhile she is using a cheap polyester fabric. I’m glad the judges at least dinged her for that. Victoria got really lucky that her athlete had a nice figure and could make her dress look better than it really was. 

And repeated several times that they immediately knew it was her design (uh-huh... my blind cousin would have known) but it was 'her DNA' so that was okay.

WTF? I mean, seriously???

Edited by Beden
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
4 minutes ago, candall said:

I've been a Nancy fan from the very beginning.  I'm sure she's too old for them to let her win the grand prize, but she won the whole shebang for her dress tonight, as far as I'm concerned.  So beautiful and so sensitive to the complications of a woman who wants to go out chair dancing  after her Olympic victory.  (And again, even though it has velcro for self-dressing and an alternative built-in style with trousers, and the world's first wheelchair train, Nina thinks the color isn't interesting enough.  Pfft.  Why not just stick on some mudflaps?)

Actually I've seen a wheelchair train on Say Yes to the Dress, but I agree that Nina was being a beast and Nancy's dress was so perfect for the ask of the client.

I think the monumental fail was Geoffrey's - his model's body and skin were gorgeous and she could have worn so many things that would have flattered her - Geoffrey gets inside of his own head and is his own worst enemy in my opinion.

As a woman who is built somewhat like Brittany's model (short, round and with big boobs and unattractive arms) I thought her dress was lovely.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, LucindaWalsh said:

Nancy is all about Nancy. Her demeanor is Nancy, her designs are about praise for Nancy. Her feelings are about Nancy. Her age is about Nancy (but don't dare comment on it even if she brings it up all the time!) (that is directed at her not posters) It's all Nancy Nancy Nancy. She is that mother-y type that is all about her in the end. I think she is even less self aware and more awkward socially than Sergio. She probably has those ladies she helps screaming Nancy Nancy Nancy always Nancy! while they make their goods to sell.

But Nancy is just expressing herself and to tell Nancy otherwise would be to disrespect Nancy's feelings and Nancy would want to talk through all of the reasons that people who are not Nancy don't want to talk about Nancy or listen to Nancy and Nancy thinks everyone should hug Nancy when it's over. *shudder*

I mentioned in another thread and I totally mean it, Nancy would be a great designer for Sundance. She does good outerwear. She's interested in functionality over form. She loves her a casual/slouchy vibe. It's very fun and would sell for Eddie Bauer or Land's End. It's just not fashion

Victoria just keeps doing the same dress over and over and for some weird reason, Nina has a boner for it. I just do not get it. Why Nina, WHY?

I think, of the remaining designers, the one with the most potential is Geoffrey. He's done a wider range of looks and, while he has a definite POV, he's stretching himself. I like Marquise a lot,. but he needs more seasoning before he's ready for a CFDA mentorship. 

Brittany is going to do very well when she opens her boutique in the South. 

Victoria will design some stagewear and then be done.

Who's the other guy? Oh yeah, Sergio. He's going to go back in time where he belongs, designing for women in a very structured 'acceptable' feminine way while they attend garden parties and wear white gloves. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
8 hours ago, Fake Jan Brady said:

My favorite thing in the episode [other than the athlete's love love loving their outfits] was Geoffrey not knowing what rugby was and then explaining his muscles are just for show....well, not just for show.

I laughed when Geoffrey said that he had attempted different sports (they show a photo of him with a tennis racquet). He tried soccer.  Nothing really clicked (they show a photo of him with his arm in a cast).

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Brittany's black dress was pretty and exactly what her client asked for. I totally get wanting her dress to hide all of her tan lines. It's hard to feel pretty when you think everyone's staring at your terrible tan lines.

Brittany did a very nice job fulfilling her athlete’s requests. But does anyone know if the makeup artists could have used foundation to camouflage the tan lines?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

But Nancy is just expressing herself and to tell Nancy otherwise would be to disrespect Nancy's feelings and Nancy would want to talk through all of the reasons that people who are not Nancy don't want to talk about Nancy or listen to Nancy and Nancy thinks everyone should hug Nancy when it's over. *shudder*

Bingo.

I guess those of us who have encountered a Nancy (or two) in their lives aren't as impressed with her as she is with herself.

I don't get the feeling that Nancy NEEDS this, like other designers do.  This is Nancy's second career and it's less about fashion and ALL ABOUT NANCY.  She's a tourist. 

Sergio likes to pretend that he's a tourist but you can smell the hunger coming off him.  If he were selling $12,000 to all the middle-aged ladies on the Upper East Side, he wouldn't need Project Runway.  But here he is.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, Archer27 said:

Hate Brittney's look. Dressing for mother of the bride???

Um, looking for a MOB dress currently, and a major rule of MOB dressing is no black and no white.  Also no way should a MOB dress should show that much cleavage.  Actually based on what I've been seeing while shopping, Brittany's dress looks nothing like most MOB dresses.  Unfortunately for me, most of the ones I'm seeing look like something my 85 year old mother would wear with their long Dorothy from the Golden Girls jackets! But, I digress!

I continue to be astounded by the hatred on this thread for Brittany.  She has done some really good designs, and she hasn't talked negatively about other designers any more than several others but perhaps the editing makes it look that way.  That said, hers wasn't my favorite.  Nancy won and should have won this one, but I certainly don't think Brittany's was bad enough for auffing.  If anything, as much as I like Geoffrey, his outfit was cheap looking (wow, I actually agree with Elaine!).   All in all, since the clients were all so happy with their dresses, I think not sending anyone home was the right call.  I still remain unimpressed with any of these designers.  The talent level seems so much lower than last season.  I liked Dayoung's designs the best out of this lot so it's too bad she had to leave.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, violet and green said:

There is more than one shade of red. Even if most of the clients wanted red, there is ruby, pillar box, cherry, burgundy, strawberry, blood red, scarlet, vermilion, on and on.

They all chose a tacky shade of orangey-red, or tomato red, from what I could see.

And Christian was right. They needed to not lose their sense of style and their point-of-view as a designer, while doing their best to please their clients, accentuate their best features, and make them feel comfortable and confident and beautiful. I think Victoria filled the brief, in that regard, the best.

I do get annoyed with these real world challenges cause either the designer completely disregards and disappoints their client or the designers gives the client what they want and lose their point of view.

This is my thing, anyone who agrees to do the show should understand that it's a competition and not just some opportunity to get a free dress made just for them. It didn't really seem like any of these athletes were very rigid or difficult in what they wanted so that was a plus. It always aggravates me when the client wants to be extra knowing damn well the designer is at risk for going home but they still want to ask for shit that will jeopardize the designers place in the competition.

I thought Victoria's dress was hideous, not creative and boring. How it made it to the top I do not know.

Aside from the fit issues I thought Geoffreys dress had some omph in the design aspect. It wasn't basic like the other designs. It had some interesting details.  I did really like the pleating and the straps and even the slit although it was too high.  I actually think, if it was just a hair longer so that the top of the slit would fall lower, and all the fit corrections were made that that dress would look awesome. I really liked the design.

Loved Nancy's. Only criticism I would have is the color. I don't know what color I would choose but the one she chose was a bit drab however I still though it was awesome regardless. 

Brittany's overlay was cool but the dress looked yuk. Sorry.

Marquies sent a little girl down the runway. A varied version of a sweetheart neckline or something more mature was needed to take that dress out of the juniors department. I was really unimpressed with that dress. I did like the slit showing off her prosthetic leg but the real pizzazz should have come from the top part of the dress while the flowy skirt and slit be the cherry on top.  

• Love 7

Guessing from the get that none of the athletes’ dresses that made them so “happy” were going to send anyone home. But Victoria’s template is trash and I’m disappointed that Nina and the Cwhatever think trendy is what they want to mark the season with. Producers past caring? 

Edited by buttersister
Grammar
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Brittany did a very nice job fulfilling her athlete’s requests. But does anyone know if the makeup artists could have used foundation to camouflage the tan lines?

I'm sure the show's makeup artists could have. However, the hidden tan lines seemed to be a design ask from the client, so I think it was perfect that Brittany designed the dress to hide them. Besides, I doubt that anyone outside the confines of the show has the cosmetics, the skill, or even the desire to pull that off well. Personally, if I had the choice between wearing a dress that looked good on me and hid tan lanes, and wearing a dress that looked good on me and required upper arm makeup that would be a massive smudge hazard, I'd pick the former.

Edited by Captain Asshat
  • Love 14
8 hours ago, tunajune said:

Having lived in a dorm where the laundry room had a communal iron, I can't imagine pressing my clothes without first examining the plate.  You can't depend upon everyone being considerate, or even noticing a problem.

THIS! Even in my own house if I'm about to iron something that I would complete freak if it were to get ruined I CHECK THE IRON.

I get that it's a competition and everything is rushed but that's even more of a reason to slow down during certain parts of the competition. I would definitely make handling the iron (also for safety reasons) one of those acts that no matter how hectic shit is you have to take a beat, slow down and breath cause A) you don't want to burn yourself and B) you don't want to ruin your garment. I feel like that was a very basic and silly mistake to make on Geoffreys part. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, LucindaWalsh said:

Brittany did nothing for that woman. She should have done a more form fitted va va voom dress with a better sleeve. I would have done a shoulder revealing short sleeve with an opening on the sleeve. She looked frumpy.

As a woman who is basically the same shape as Brittany's model, basically square, there's so much she could have done to make her look less like a sack of potatoes. I've found several that fit me nicely and gave me the illusion of having a waistline when I really don't. 

• Love 11

My first thought upon seeing the black smudge on Geoffreys dress after he pressed it was that he did it himself - The spot was just under his dark trim.  If he had touched the iron to that trim, which was probably made of something artificial, it could have melted on the iron and spread to the red fabric.

D7C7B99B-BFA0-450C-BBD2-FDA23FD63E5F.jpeg

• Useful 10
  • Love 10
16 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

Did the designers know they weren't in danger of going home?  Because I didn't get a sense of urgency from ANY of them. 

So Nancy leaves a bunch of burnt shit on the iron and doesn't even speak up.  Maybe Devlin and Brittany know something that the rest of us haven't seen.

Victoria was happy because she just had to recreate the dress she's been making forever.

Sergio's dress was nice but you can find it in any maternity store.

None of these dresses were very special.  There just didn't seem to be much effort put into this week.  No surprise that this was Nancy's week.  If this was an elimination challenge, Geoffrey should have been escorted out.

I want to know about the iron debacle …..   I have a soft spot for Nancy and I hope she is not involved or would have spoken up.  I dislike Brittany and Devlin devious ways and snark, and I would not be surprised if they know more than they indicate.   Could Brittany been the culprit?  Don't play innocent with me, sister.    There was a comment or two made, but I could not hear it very well on my TV, so not sure what actually happened.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, violet and green said:

Well, that sucked. I'm with Victoria, who was thrilled to be in the top five...only, suddenly, it looks like Brittany is going to have to be aufed for that frumpy mother of the prom dress, so bam! We'll keep you all! Spewing.

I am not sure if I missed it? But I thought it was incredibly immature and slimy and just plain wrong of Nancy to not apologise on the runway for ruining another designer's look by gumming up the iron. I've really gone off her.

Victoria is a bitch and cannot wait for her to go.    Spoiled brat.    Did you see her face drop when everyone was saved? I still want more proof than what I saw or heard that it was Nancy.  I cannot believe that would be her style.   Brittany, on the other hand,  I would believe it

• Love 7
9 hours ago, violet and green said:

There is more than one shade of red. Even if most of the clients wanted red, there is ruby, pillar box, cherry, burgundy, strawberry, blood red, scarlet, vermilion, on and on.

They all chose a tacky shade of orangey-red, or tomato red, from what I could see.

And Christian was right. They needed to not lose their sense of style and their point-of-view as a designer, while doing their best to please their clients, accentuate their best features, and make them feel comfortable and confident and beautiful. I think Victoria filled the brief, in that regard, the best.

No offense intended to you personally,  Violet and Green, but.....Oh, Please,  Victoria did what she always does, only shorter!   She makes me see red.  And her face when no one was eliminated told me everything I need to know about her personality.  At this rate, I won't even be able to watch the Finale, because Miss Nina's Pet will be right up front

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6