13 minutes ago, Passing Strange said:

Some screen caps for the sleuths:

The iron after Geoffrey discovered the mark

The iron after Nancy used it 10 minutes earlier

The Mark

After Geoffrey.jpg

After Nancy.jpg

The Mark.jpg

The second pic is obscured by steam. Can't see it clearly.

2 hours ago, gingerella said:

Really? You think Nancy is 'exhausting' but you don't make mention of Victoria at all, she the Queen of Obnoxious, Self Absorbed Personality Disorder?

Yes, in a post in which I was discussing Nancy, I made a decision to only discuss my thoughts on Nancy. I’m not going to list my opinion of every designer in every post. That’s a wholly unreasonable request.

As to the rest of your post, re: your finding Nancy inspirational, that only proves my point. Being so close to my own third (maybe fourth?) act, I SHOULD find Nancy inspirational. I should respect and admire her. But she has a personality like a palm sander. I’m sure she had the same dreadful, annoying personality when she was 25. 

As to her talent, it’s marginal. She swallows her models in fabric. I can remember liking her garments twice, but not enough to even remember what they were. 

ETA: Forgot to say I’m SO glad someone else remember the Great Pea Purée Caper!

Edited by BlackberryJam
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, Ashforth said:

I have to say that the fact that most of the discussion here is about the personalities of the designers (whether real or perceived due to editing) and a meaningless so-called controversy over a dirty iron speaks volumes about the mediocrity of the designs.

In all fairness, a good 90% of the posts in the entire season are on the personalities (as presupposed by the poster) of the designers. I seem to recall one thread that devoted 2 or 3 pages entirely to discussing (not admiringly) Victoria's hair, and the merits or combs versus brushes.

I would further say, a good 80% and upward of the posts this season have been pejorative or condemning of one seeming aspect of Victoria or another, occasionally pausing to scoff at her repetitious asymmetry.

I have had cause to wonder if I had stumbled onto the Real Housewives of wherever forum by mistake, so little serious discussion is given to the designs or the show itself.

So to have an alternative topic to how horrid Victoria supposedly is - aka the great iron mystery, something that actually happened on the show! -  is a marvel to me. And I see no reason to devote any less pages to it than was devoted to an off-topic subject like combs and brushes, and Victoria's hair.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 2/22/2020 at 3:16 PM, becauseIsaidso said:

but a challenge that involves every 'model' having a specific need which is totally different from that for which everyone else must design seems unfair to me. I'd prefer to see all the  models have the same circumstance (all 6'3", all in a wheelchair, all with a lower limb prosthetic, all pregnant, all plus size...etc) but this was just a mishmash of apples and oranges and was neither entertaining nor engaging to watch - which is why it took me another full day to pick up where I had tuned out on Thursday. 

Then that’s not championing diversity. Good designers work with clients of varying shapes, sizes, heights, and other “design opportunities” (which I prefer to saying body challenges). The fact that they are all amazing athletes should be the common denominator, not that they all use wheelchairs. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, BlackberryJam said:

As to her talent, it’s marginal. She swallows her models in fabric. I can remember liking her garments twice, but not enough to even remember what they were. 

Agreed.  If Michael Kors or Zac Posen were still judging, Nancy probably wouldn't have even made it on the show.  She's a total gimmick 'inspirational' contestant, meant to appeal to a certain demographic.   Even her most ardent fans rarely talk about her designs and more about how anyone who doesn't like her is 'ageist'.   This season has been the most gimmicky season I've seen in ages.

Edited by mightysparrow
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Ashforth said:

I could not give less of a single or even multiple shits about the gunk on the iron or where it came from. It didn't factor into the judging. It means nothing. 

In other news, "Vicboria" (TM @gingerella) could there be a more apt description? 💖

I have to say that the fact that most of the discussion here is about the personalities of the designers (whether real or perceived due to editing) and a meaningless so-called controversy over a dirty iron speaks volumes about the mediocrity of the designs.

I agree about the mediocrity of the designs.  I think one of the best designs of the season was Delvin's tropical bird coat and that was a long time ago.  It's been downhill ever since.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, kirklandia said:

My daughter got this "Project Runway" Rowenta iron as a wedding gift, and it is still in pristine condition.  I'm sure she would be happy to donate it to the cause.

28177E58-4859-46C5-BA0B-47236E3982FE.jpeg

I did not know these existed!  I just got a Rowenta repaired (for a $5. DONATION) and bought another to use in because I didn't know if I could get the first one fixed (so basically, I'm saying I already have 2 irons) but DAMN I want this one.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, mightysparrow said:

I agree about the mediocrity of the designs.  I think one of the best designs of the season was Delvin's tropical bird coat and that was a long time ago.  It's been downhill ever since.

Absolutely!!! I think I even posted (I know I thought it) that if there had been a flash sale that week I’d have bought it!!!

• Love 2

Regarding the Moldovan husband.  I have vague recollection of a Victoria th that  she opened a boutique in Moldova and inferred either directly or indirectly that her husband handled the business end of things.  Why I remember that I don't know. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

No offense to Moldova or anybody from the area. But if we believe how Victoria designs and her statements; all the women like to dress trashy and have seriously questionable fashion tastes. Because Victorias constant parade of cut outs and asymmetry is so over used and fugly!   

• LOL 5
4 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

I've watched every season of PR multiple times and this is by far the weakest group of designers, imo. Most of this looks like student work. They can't even pick fabrics or colors intelligently! So there is very little actual competition going on. So we snark on personalities. Which is not nearly as much fun as, you know, talent. Which is why many of us are wondering why we're still watching. I wish Dayoung had stayed. 

• Love 12

7 hours ago, Ashforth said:

I could not give less of a single or even multiple shits about the gunk on the iron or where it came from. It didn't factor into the judging. It means nothing. 

In other news, "Vicboria" (TM @gingerella) could there be a more apt description? 💖

1 hour ago, lidarose9 said:

I've watched every season of PR multiple times and this is by far the weakest group of designers, imo. Most of this looks like student work. They can't even pick fabrics or colors intelligently! So there is very little actual competition going on. So we snark on personalities. Which is not nearly as much fun as, you know, talent. Which is why many of us are wondering why we're still watching. I wish Dayoung had stayed. 

Yes, it seems like a lot of the designers are kind of stuck in their boxes.  Brittany was doing a lot of asymmetric hems along with her "signature" straps, Nancy wanting to do everything oversized, Sergio only wanting to make formal wear, Victoria with her asymmetry and cut-outs.  I get that in a competition you want to play to your strengths by doing what you know but that doesn't make it very interesting for us.  While I didn't care for Hester's designs, I did appreciate the fact that she used her various immunities to take major risks.  I think she was very smart in that she was using those challenges to find out if the judges would like her more "out there" stuff.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Hee! Too funny! 

Are you a Kids in the Hall fan? Are you from Toronto? Is that why you are so funny? Love!

Aw...thanks! <blushing>  I love Kids in the Hall. I’m a fan of absurdist humor in general, and I think some of their early stuff was brilliant. A little dated now in parts, maybe, but definitely worth checking out for anyone who is unfamiliar.

Back on topic:  Who else is waiting for Christian to snap and wrap one of those ribbons around Sergio’s throat? You know he wants to.  It’s one thing to have confidence in your own ideas; it’s quite another to dismiss every. single. bit. of advice without even showing the courtesy of considering it. But of course, Sergio is the visionary who was talented enough to design a dress for Billy Porter, whereas Christian only wishes he could get that kind of recogni .... oh, wait.

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, Beden said:

I don't have any insight or information regarding her husband but athletes get injured or are past their prime (or fail to produce) and can be cut for any number of reasons.

Victoria specifically said in this episode that he sacrificed everything and left his career as a professional soccer player because he believes in her talent so much. I know nothing about European soccer, but I saw from the picture that she provided for the show that he played for Bucharest (Romania) which Wikipedia said was ranked 63rd in 2018.

As I posted earlier, I don't understand why he had to quit playing soccer in order to be supportive of her dream. One has nothing to do with the other. He can play soccer and she can design clothes.

ETA: her husband's name is Dan Pânzaru (also spelled Pinzaru). According to this soccer website, he played for seven teams over five seasons (2008-2013, all Romanian teams and then he got transferred to a team in Maldova before retiring). Per this game recap, he was a goalie.

According to this interview with Victoria and Dan in 2014, they started dating in April 2012 which means he retired about a year later (July 2013). I don't know if I'd give up my career for someone after only dating for a year, but based on the fact that he was getting bounced around to so many teams, I'm guessing he just wasn't cutting it as a soccer player. In the same interview, he said that he was a sales manager at a company in Moldova.

She announced that she was closing her shop in Maldova and moving to the United States in July 2015 (per her PR profile, she opened her store in 2010). Their baby was born in September 2017 (and Dan described the stark contrast between doctors/healthcare in Maldova and the United States in this interview). In the same post-baby interview, he said that he drives a truck but apparently he was also attempting a modeling career at some point.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Useful 12
  • Love 3
On 2/23/2020 at 2:11 AM, 30 Helens said:

I was really glad to see this. I used to feel so bad for the women who would stand there smiling, loving their dresses, until the judges would start talking about how awful they looked, and you could just see their faces crumble... It was sad.

This! I was thrilled too. It was the worst episode each season for me for that reason.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, lidarose9 said:

It really is a poor talent pool this time. Even if she were healthy, I don't think Dayoung's process would have been well-matched for the competition. She is a much more thoughtful designer who needs time to develop her garments. Being forced to be creative on a strict time schedule is incredibly difficult.

The horrific fabric choices have been really pretty stunning. The fabrics they choose look cheap and tacky. None of it flows well. It looks like stretch polyester in dull matte colors.

I think Sergio is the most technically skilled but his designs seem like knockoffs from a 1950s Dior show. That classic Dior femininity was beautiful, but it's not "fashion forward" or "innovative" or anything that I want to see in a new designer. I think if Marquise had more technical skills, he could really do something.

Edited by BlackberryJam
  • Love 10
On 2/21/2020 at 8:20 AM, pasdetrois said:

Compare their reactions to Nancy vs. to flibbertigibbet Alan. I see the age shade.

This. I have no doubt that Nancy can be annoying, but as far as I've seen she's not worse than Alan and Victoria. Actually, I think Victoria has been far more annoying and she seems fairly popular with the group.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, charliesan said:

This. I have no doubt that Nancy can be annoying, but as far as I've seen she's not worse than Alan and Victoria. Actually, I think Victoria has been far more annoying and she seems fairly popular with the group.

I think that says something.  I can't stand Victoria and she comes across as a horrible person, yet her colleagues seem to like her.  Brittany and Delvin have been dragged to pieces but the colleagues AND the judges seem to love them.  On the other hand, in the last episode it looked like Brittany pulled the short straw and got stuck listening to St. Nancy talk about herself while the other designers scurried off to bed.  Maybe Nancy is only 'nice' when she thinks the cameras are rolling.  She probably thought the cameras wouldn't pick up the bullshit she pulled with the iron.

Edited by mightysparrow
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
57 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

It really is a poor talent pool this time. Even if she were healthy, I don't think Dayoung's process would have been well-matched for the competition. She is a much more thoughtful designer who needs time to develop her garments. Being forced to be creative on a strict time schedule is incredibly difficult.

The horrific fabric choices have been really pretty stunning. The fabrics they choose look cheap and tacky. None of it flows well. It looks like stretch polyester in dull matte colors.

I think Sergio is the most technically skilled but his designs seem like knockoffs from a 1950s Dior show. That classic Dior femininity was beautiful, but it's not "fashion forward" or "innovative" or anything that I want to see in a new designer. I think if Marquise had more technical skills, he could really do something.

I agree. I refuse to believe that the fabric that some of these designers have been purchasing cost $400, unless Mood is the most expensive fabric store on earth or the designers are purchasing 20 yards of fabric at each visit.

Sergio's been throwing Dior's 'New Look' at us for weeks now.  No surprise that the New Look came at a time when women were being forced back into the kitchen after all the freedom and success of the war years.  For a man who doesn't seem to like women very much, the 50s would be a perfect time.

Marquise seems to be the only designer who actually has ideas.  His lack of technical expertise does hamper him but it shouldn't because this is a design show not a sewing show.  I would like him to get the chance to study design because I really think he has enormous potential.  I also love the fact that it seems that he's always trying to prove himself worthy of his second chance, unlike others who seem to take their good luck for granted.

Edited by mightysparrow
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, charliesan said:

Alan was on for a hot minute. Why would anyone KEEP talking about him?

If by the group, you mean the other designers, they seem to treat Victoria like the high drama co-worker. They don’t want her to explode again because they’ll have to have another painful group session talking her off the damn ledge.  That’s different than liking her.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, mightysparrow said:

I agree and am astounded by the thought that these contestants really either have that little experience with fabrics or that they're so rattled and exhausted by the time constraints that's the best choices they can make. I can understand not having personal knowledge with every type of fabric or textile under the sun but, assuming that they all have some background sewing/designing or even just watching a red carpet fashion walk, with a few exceptions, yeah...pretty off the mark.

Mood can sometimes be a bit high but we're not talking about purchasing spun gold. Plus the notions, and trim can add up surprisingly quickly. I've also noticed that the designers tend to buy extra fabric and backup, alternative choices, perhaps because of the short design time they have for each challenge.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
On 2/21/2020 at 4:13 AM, Ellaria Sand said:

Rather, why couldn't this have been a 2-day challenge? If the goal was to give these women a custom-designed dress that they could actually wear, then there should have been more time to create/execute. IMO, the lack of commitment to the challenge comes from the show itself and it's producers rather than the designers.

Yes, a million times yes! They were practically bowing down to these athletes and tongue bathing them, and then they only give the designers barely enough time to throw something together. It's so insincere. It should have been a two day challenge!

On 2/21/2020 at 6:54 AM, Jsage said:

What really bothered me was his comments that he can't imagine any women wanting a fitted dress when they're pregnant.

This annoyed me to the extreme. What an asshole. And if anyone doubted whether he was self aware of how he sounds sometimes, this should remove all doubt. He is not. How the hell does he know what all pregnant women want to wear? Talk about tone deaf. Fuck you, Sergio. And shut up. Until you're pregnant, you don't get to decide for women what feels comfortable. I know when I was pregnant, I already felt like a boat with legs. Wearing a giant tent didn't make me feel good about it.

Nancy was arguably the only choice for winner. Good for her. I thought the rest looked cheap, tacky and not well made. And for that, see comments above, but I am really starting to feel like this group as a whole is not very talented. Not a lot of innovation or interesting techniques, and the most we can say for signature looks are wide leg pants, 1950's aesthetics, asymmetric hemlines and cutouts. ZZZZ.......I hope this is just a bad season, but the return to Bravo last season was great (Hester sunshine notwithstanding) and the winner was worthy. This season feels more like a Lifetime season than Bravo. Might be time to stick a fork in it......

• Love 10

Sergio was so annoying at the end. I get not everyone wants skin tight maternity wear. But to act like no one should is insulting--not to mention there is an in between option--he went with super loose and flow-y. You could also have more of a fit but not skin tight stretch fabric.

I agreed that the color and overall effect was nice but there were some fit issues as Brandon pointed out.

It also reminded me of the dress my husband made for me when I was pregnant with our first for Easter. Finished it the night before--no back cut out but the sleeves were the same style. 

I was glad no one went home. To me there were no clear winners or way off losing designs. I agreed with Nancy winning. 

I like Marquese but I think he'd be better if there was a male fashion version of Project Runway. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, LucindaWalsh said:

eta at the begining of this post that the above post was posted while I was typing and my Sergio comments are not directed at you @RedbirdNelly

Not a nitpic but Sergio did preface his runway discussion by saying  "obviously as a man I can't experience pregnancy to know what I would comfortably wear" (paraphrasing a bit, I wish I had kept the episode) and I took it from that that he wasn't being a misogynist towards women but he was coming from a male perspective and from a wanting comfort for a woman while being pregnant. There wasn't any shaming of pregnancy or women or get in your corner from him. I remember the woman announcing to him at the beginning that she was pregnant and wanted to highlight that but she didn't say she wanted to do a tight fitted dress to highlight it. There was some give and take in their discussion and I think he went to comfort and beauty to that end. I know I did not get the sense as a viewer that she wanted tight and fitted. And the push from the judges was that the others did not take the lead and guide their models towards more fashionable designs and Sergio did take a lead and guide her towards a fashion friendly pregnancy dress. 

understood. I didn't mind him on the runway--it was afterwards and his tone. It may be that he just has a snotty sounding tone and nothing was intended--but it had this very "no woman should possibly want. . ." snottiness tone to it that I found very annoying. . . even as a person who didn't want to wear skin tight maternity wear. 

and I'll add it was another time when Sergio would come off much better if he just talked less. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, RedbirdNelly said:

and I'll add it was another time when Sergio would come off much better if he just talked less. 

You know, I like Sergio's aesthetic of 1950s Dior. I think it's very pretty and feminine and I just like it. He's missed the mark on the challenges (ball gown streetwear and the heritage salsa dress fiasco). But his dresses have been generally very flattering and well made. There's just nothing original, innovative or exciting about them.

If he'd shut his stupid gob, I'd feel much better about his work and might actually root for him in this sea of mediocrity. But every time he speaks I just want to shove a poorly embroidered circle skirt in his face and choke him with it.

...Okay, it's not that bad, but I do roll my eyes and grumble, "Shut up, Sergio" at least three times per episode.

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, LucindaWalsh said:

@RedbirdNelly I agree with the above. There is a tone or a flat affect that he has that can come across as judgy or snobby. I did not like him at the first episode but since the season has gone on there is a gentleness and earnestness in him that I find appealing. 

it's like he has his moments; I start to warm up. . and then he says something else. . .

(meant to ask --are you an As the World Turns fan?  used to watch that with my Nana back in the day)

• Love 6
1 minute ago, BlackberryJam said:

But his dresses have been generally very flattering and well made. There's just nothing original, innovative or exciting about them.

He reminds me a bit of a guy several season ago, who did beautifully tailored, fluted, dresses. There was one with some elaborate pleating on the breast, sort of like a flower. But he didn't win, because in the end there wasn't anything really innovative. I am terrible with names.Something with a "V"?

13 minutes ago, dleighg said:

He reminds me a bit of a guy several season ago, who did beautifully tailored, fluted, dresses. There was one with some elaborate pleating on the breast, sort of like a flower. But he didn't win, because in the end there wasn't anything really innovative. I am terrible with names.Something with a "V"?

something like Ven and he started saying insulting things about his models? something like that. 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, BlackberryJam said:

You know, I like Sergio's aesthetic of 1950s Dior. I think it's very pretty and feminine and I just like it. He's missed the mark on the challenges (ball gown streetwear and the heritage salsa dress fiasco). But his dresses have been generally very flattering and well made. There's just nothing original, innovative or exciting about them.

That's kind of my problem with this entire season. There's nothing original, innovative or exciting about ANY of these people.

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, RedbirdNelly said:

something like Ven and he started saying insulting things about his models? something like that. 

It was Ven.  And he COMPLETELY insulted his client for the "real woman" challenge.  She wasn't model thin and he didn't even try with her.  He made her an ugly blue shirt and specifically said he was using black for the skirt because it was slimming - and it was a nothing skirt.  He didn't even bother to try and style her.  Her friend was the one who grabbed a purse from the accessory wall for her to carry on the runway.   She was practically crying during the whole runway process because of his treatment of her.

Edited by DaphneCat
Spelling!
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, Ashforth said:

I have to say that the fact that most of the discussion here is about the personalities of the designers (whether real or perceived due to editing) and a meaningless so-called controversy over a dirty iron speaks volumes about the mediocrity of the designs

This times a million. 

Thanks to the folks who recommended “Next in Fashion” on Netflix. I enjoyed every minute of it: great talent, likable contestants and judges, beautiful workmanship, classy behavior—everything I want from Project Runway and rarely get. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

Marquise seems to be the only designer who actually has ideas.  His lack of technical expertise does hamper him but it shouldn't because this is a design show not a sewing show.  I would like him to get the chance to study design because I really think he has enormous potential.  I also love the fact that it seems that he's always trying to prove himself worthy of his second chance, unlike others who seem to take their good luck for granted.

I love ya @mightysparrow but I disagree. His design this week was lacking imagination, IMO, and it came on the heels of the ice skater costume the week before. I appreciated his look in the tuxedo challenge but thought his win had more to do with the model than the look (I thought Geoffrey should have won). The top of Marquise's garment in the sheer challenge was, again IMO, a mess.

I will concede that when one contrasts one designer who doesn't seem to have fresh ideas with his or her competitors who also don't have fresh ideas... well hell, what are we supposed to think?🙄

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

That's kind of my problem with this entire season. There's nothing original, innovative or exciting about ANY of these people.

That seems to be the general sentiment this season. I was thinking that we’ve seen solid technical and tailoring skills (Sergio, Victoria) but little to downright inconsistent creativity (Geoffrey, Marquise). I find Marquise creatively interesting, but his execution is sloppy and juvenile. Geoffrey is further along with his tailoring but it gets lost in his stress fits. 

Out of the auf’d group, Delvin, and maybe Chelsey showed some creativity at the beginning then faltered. I noticed that designers that are just safe till mid season don’t get the affirmation or even critique to improve. The judges tend to reward and praise the technically skilled ones at the beginning, to the detriment of the more creative designers. 

Just my opinion of course, but Christian calling Delvin an exceptional tailor felt incredibly mean, when he at least delivered one memorable look to the season in the parrot dress. The only other looks I remember are Marquise’ tux and Groffrey’s bronze military jumpsuit. And I just watched the last 2 episodes back to back. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, LucindaWalsh said:

(meant to ask --are you an As the World Turns fan?  used to watch that with my Nana back in the day)

If I was sick and missed school as a kid, I would lie on the couch in our basement rec room, and my mom would iron (!) while she watched As the World Turns.  Her one indulgence.  
I have always associated the sound and smell of hot steam pressing with soap operas.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
On 2/22/2020 at 3:12 PM, Emmeline said:

Back to the current season...I really wish Geoffrey or Marquise could win to get a leg up on their career.  While I like them personally, I just don’t think they are good enough.  Frankly, I don’t know if any of them are.  I would have to say it should be Nancy or Sergio in the end.

None of the designers this season hold a candle to Sebastian or many of the losers from last season, so much so that I don't think any of them really deserve a win. That said, I think Sergio, Nancy and Geoffrey are the best of what's left. Marquise might have potential, but he's not there yet. Brittany and Victoria... No. Just no. Nancy, Sergio, and Victoria are all so not open to others' opinions on their work, they just go their own way regardless, that I don't think they'd benefit from a CFDA mentorship. On that basis, I guess I'd give the win to Geoffrey. If he keeps designing garments like this week's, though, I say they just call this season a wash and start over next season.

I don't sew or visit fabric stores, and certainly have never been to Mood, but what is up with the fabrics this season? They all look so very cheap. What are they spending their money on at Mood, or do they all just not know fabric?

Edited by Fellaway
  • Love 7

I've given some thought to the notion many of us have, that this season's designs and designers are lacking.  It seems like many of the contestants are already employed in the business in some way.  Perhaps the folks that would be the most talented for us to enjoy, already have their own thing going and aren't willing to place everything on hold?  Forgetting whatever business/job entanglements they might have, being away from a mate or children for weeks on end would be very difficult for most people.  Sergio is a bit of an enigma, since he does seem to have established a "line", and has a husband(?), so maybe it's just that he wanted the free exposure. 

I don't know...just thinking out loud, trying to come up with reasons to believe that what we're seeing isn't going to be the best Bravo has to offer for PR.  If so, it's toast imo.

• Love 6
On 2/24/2020 at 2:20 AM, 30 Helens said:

Aw...thanks! <blushing>  I love Kids in the Hall. I’m a fan of absurdist humor in general, and I think some of their early stuff was brilliant. A little dated now in parts, maybe, but definitely worth checking out for anyone who is unfamiliar.

I always find myself wanting to quote from the show. I love 30 Helens and These are the Daves I know I know, these are the Daves I know. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Fellaway said:

I don't sew or visit fabric stores, and certainly have never been to Mood, but what is up with the fabrics this season? They all look so very cheap. What are they spending their money on at Mood, or do they all just not know fabric?

I used to shop in the garment district in the 1990s. My favorite store was B&J Fabrics, on Seventh Avenue at 38th. I don’t know what it’s like now. I had to sew a jacket two years ago, and decided to check out Mood. I was very underwhelmed. They stock many different kinds of fabrics (woolens, novelty prints, linings), plus any notions, trimmings, etc., that you might need. So you don’t need to visit five different shops in order to find everything you will need to make a garment. But I found the fabric selection lacking.

• Useful 6
  • Love 2

I seriously doubt Mood has changed since even last season, when the designers were able to get really gorgeous fabrics. It almost feels like there is this groupthink about fabrics "X is getting matte stretch jersey, so I should too."

A gorgeous fabric can elevate an average design. 

All of these designers seem to be in the larval stage of their creative development and they just play it safe.

Right now, the only winners I would like are Geoffrey or Marquise. Geoffrey's elevated fetish-wear aesthetic is at least a POV. Marquise has some great ideas when he's not shoving himself into a box or going past his (limited) technical skills.

ETA: Craig Montgomery 4EVA.

Edited by BlackberryJam
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, BlackberryJam said:

I seriously doubt Mood has changed since even last season, when the designers were able to get really gorgeous fabrics. It almost feels like there is this groupthink about fabrics "X is getting matte stretch jersey, so I should too."

A gorgeous fabric can elevate an average design. 

All of these designers seem to be in the larval stage of their creative development and they just play it safe.

Right now, the only winners I would like are Geoffrey or Marquise. Geoffrey's elevated fetish-wear aesthetic is at least a POV. Marquise has some great ideas when he's not shoving himself into a box or going past his (limited) technical skills.

ETA: Craig Montgomery 4EVA.

liked just for the Craig reference. Though I remember when he was evil--keeping Betsy and Steve apart!! My mom hated soap operas so we were not allowed to watch except when Nana came to visit during the summer. Then we got to watch the entire CBS line up!

• Love 2
21 hours ago, RedbirdNelly said:

It also reminded me of the dress my husband made for me when I was pregnant with our first for Easter

I "hearted" this just for the fact your husband made you a dress. Aw.

11 hours ago, kirklandia said:

If I was sick and missed school as a kid, I would lie on the couch in our basement rec room, and my mom would iron (!) while she watched As the World Turns.  Her one indulgence.  
I have always associated the sound and smell of hot steam pressing with soap operas.

One of my chores growing up was ironing my father's dress shirts (he was first level management in the Post Office and had to wear a dress shirt -- it was the 60s), and I always watched TV while ironing. But it was my little brother who got hooked on soaps. His senior year in high school he worked in the afternoons, so he came home for lunch before going to work. The soap that was on was All My Children, and he hooked my younger sister, too. He loved Nick. He'd always defend him against any of the women that my sister championed. I just laughed. 🤣

Agree with all the fabric comments. So many PR designers have so many issues with fabrics. I adore cool fabrics and find it so sad that the majority of these designers are stuck on boring solids in ugly colors and cheap-looking quality. Sigh.

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, carrps said:

I "hearted" this just for the fact your husband made you a dress. Aw.

One of my chores growing up was ironing my father's dress shirts (he was first level management in the Post Office and had to wear a dress shirt -- it was the 60s), and I always watched TV while ironing. But it was my little brother who got hooked on soaps. His senior year in high school he worked in the afternoons, so he came home for lunch before going to work. The soap that was on was All My Children, and he hooked my younger sister, too. He loved Nick. He'd always defend him against any of the women that my sister championed. I just laughed. 🤣

Agree with all the fabric comments. So many PR designers have so many issues with fabrics. I adore cool fabrics and find it so sad that the majority of these designers are stuck on boring solids in ugly colors and cheap-looking quality. Sigh.

I LOVED All My Children. And then i got into One Life To Live.

But yeah, these designers pick some boring ass fabric. I’m with Christian. I need to see some color or pattern.  

• Love 7
On 2/22/2020 at 11:42 PM, DangerousMinds said:

Yes, is Victoria’s husband independently wealthy or something? Why would he quit just to “support “ her?

In one talking head a few weeks ago, she said they didn’t have any money back in Moldova but he had faith in her and voila, she opened a shop. I don’t understand it at all. Also, her dress this week look ridiculous with that tongue hanging down. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I actually hated all the dresses except Nancy's.  Sergio's was okay, but it did not fit his model well.  I too would prefer a looser style if pregnant, but would still want it to fit correctly.  I would not have minded if the runway had opened up and they all fell in...a mass oouffing.  I wouldn't mind Sergio if he never spoke, but as soon as nonsensical garbage spews forth I hate him again.  Victoria I hate without her doing anything.  And it is the SAME Freaking Look...gah!  So sick of her.  Really missed Delvin, even though his garments were steadily getting worse as the season progressed.

• Love 6