Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E19: Reunion Part 1

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, pieinmyeye said:

Kate did not break girl code! How can you break girl code when Tanner and Simone didn’t have a relationship other than sleeping with each other? When Kate went to Tanner, he and Simone weren’t even doing that. I also don’t understand why people keep saying Kate is a bully. Is she a bully because she wants people to do what they were hired to do and do it well? Unfortunately, I know first hand what bullying is and I fail to see her being one.

I agree, and sadly, this has become  one of the most over-used words in the English language today.

I hated Kate's dress - she really needs a stylist and to lay off the fillers that give her a speech impediment. Sounded to me like Andy alluded to her heading over to RHNY. That should be interesting....

Speaking of Andy, he was an over the top extra dick tonight.

I really want to like Rhylee, but she needs to dial it down about ten notches and stop inserting herself in everyone else's issues. She is just so damn crass. She looked nice, though.

Courtney handled herself very well - the complete opposite of Simone, who still just.does.not. get. it.

• Love 20
1 hour ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

I just heard this from Ashton: "Neener neener you don't have hard evidence I'm working on my girlfriends yacht so I'm going to low-key threaten you to prove it". Also you can't whine about defamation of character when you. don't. have. any. character. Asston, I hope you get shingles on your dick. What an ass bucket.

That is the best insult I have heard in a long time. :) 

27 minutes ago, lizajane said:

Speaking of Andy, he was an over the top extra dick tonight.

Andy's support of the Brus is sickening.  Andy, I hope you get shingles on your dick. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 9

Gawd, they all dress so bad in civilian clothes. Courtney looks the best. 

Kate is attractive and has interesting facial bone structure. But boy she always dresses so bad.

Kevin looks like his luggage got lost and he had to wear stuff borrowed from wardrobe from 4 different people. He looks dishoveled.

When he was recently on Watch What Happens Live, he had on a no socks look worn with grandma white orthopedic sneakers. They had to be Easy Spirits.  

Edited by Bossa Nova
Refining my sarcasm
  • LOL 13
  • Love 4

Some disjointed thoughts...(although on that note, if you reside in a state where it's cool I highly recommend Kiva chocolate. Something tells me that I wont find theses puns as funny in a few hours...Moving on)

I thought it was nice that Abbi was there and could give an update on her situation even though her season was a short one. Her hair looked really pretty and she seemed quite happy.

When this crew started I was so pleased to see a POC included....particularly on the interior. (I have a terrible memory for television, but I'm pretty sure that hasn't been a thing on this series, or the Med version either. Please correct me if I'm mistaken) And Simone seemed quite smart and funny and affable and then cut to a few months later and all I can think of while watching the reunion is FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SIMONE, SHUT UP!! It's frustrating how she doesn't seem to be able to understand that it is not Kate's job to be her mentor and that there are things she needed to learn that Kate just wouldn't have time to teach her (And I say that as someone who is really not a Kate fan.)

And speaking of Kate (the dress that she wore seemed to be trying to asphyxiate her) Though I find most of what she says not entirely genuine, her conversation with Kevin was not as much as a train wreck as I feared it might be. Considering what an ass he was to her for most of the time, it was generous of her to sincerely compliment him on his work ethic.

Oh Shirted Brian, the more you talk the easier it is to dismiss you.

Edited by elsie
  • LOL 2
  • Love 22
5 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

I think Bravo has had enough of Kate’s shenanigans. Otherwise they would not of shown her harassing Caroline from last season. They only break out the clips when they are ready to throw someone over the side.

This is demonstrably untrue. Have you never seen a Housewives reunion? 

• LOL 7
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, elsie said:

When this crew started I was so pleased to see a POC included....particularly on the interior. (I have a terrible memory for television, but I'm pretty sure that hasn't been a thing on this series, or the Med version either. Please correct me if I'm mistaken)

Leon? He’s the only POC I can remember offhand.

9 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

I totally would take my parenting advice from Rhylee.

But would you take it from Tanner’s mom? Because Rhylee really isn’t wrong in this scenario.

• Love 23
11 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Kate sounds like she's four sheets to the wind, or maybe it's the botox/fillers or bad plastic surgery. 

Kate is a bully and I'm sorry she was very unfair to Simone.  She bonded with Courtney BEFORE she found out Simone was bad in service.....wonder why that is?

I wonder why Kate is in NYC?  Angling for a role on Real Housewives of NYC?

Courtney, you blocked Brian because he called you "cold hearted?"  Really?

So true. I was glad Andy called her out on how she always picks one stew to hate and bully every season. I wanted Simone to tell her that I'm sorry you feel that way is not an apology. 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, luvthepros said:

I can not understand a word she says!

It's like she's practiced this delusional, rationalizing BS over and over and over in her head, so when she has the chance, the spiel just comes rolling out at hyper speed that is nearly incomprehensible to anybody else.

• Love 21
10 hours ago, pieinmyeye said:

Kate did not break girl code! How can you break girl code when Tanner and Simone didn’t have a relationship other than sleeping with each other? When Kate went to Tanner, he and Simone weren’t even doing that. I also don’t understand why people keep saying Kate is a bully. Is she a bully because she wants people to do what they were hired to do and do it well? Unfortunately, I know first hand what bullying is and I fail to see her being one.

Kate has bullied one person at one time when she and Josiah blasted the music at Caroline when she would not leave the yacht. I'll give her that one though because that wack job Caroline surely deserved it. Other than that one incident, I do not view Kate as a Bully.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
7 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

I think Bravo has had enough of Kate’s shenanigans. Otherwise they would not of shown her harassing Caroline from last season. They only break out the clips when they are ready to throw someone over the side.

But, but, but.....I was CHEERING Kate and Josiah on. Caroline was a sick piece of work and she had it coming to her.

Hope Kate will be back.

Edited by luvthepros
  • Love 19

Gotta come to Simone's defense here - I think that she's being judged extra harshly because she's black.  Not consciously - no one wants to think that they have biases - but unconscious bias is a really real thing that, by definition, people are not aware they have. 

Suppose, for example, Simone was a blonde white girl who looked like Kristen Cavallari during her Laguna Beach stint.  Not only would Simone have worked service, but her inexperience would become a hilarious story line.

And while Kate makes for good tv snark, from my perspective, I see her as a narcissistic personality with a substance abuse problem.  Narcissists need scapegoats and addicts are grumpy anytime they're not adequately medicated.  Or so I've been told. 😉

Kate was a sadistic asshole to Simone, on camera (promoting the other stu in front of her, just to be cruel), so lord knows what happens when no one is around.

Simone is young.  And can be annoying.  A good boss would coach her.  But Kate was a bad boss, and targeted her.  When Simone was talking so fast, it broke my heart - that's the cadence of exclusion.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
12 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Courtney, you blocked Brian because he called you "cold hearted?"  Really?

I was kind of hoping that she finally realized after his texts that she's been snogging a moron all season and was closing that door.

• Love 4

FYI, I am going to be shallow...

Why was Courtney dressed like a Golden Girl at the reunion?  She looked like she borrowed her dress from Blanche Devereaux. 

Kate looked like a Barbie/Vegas hooker, I kept thinking she was getting strangled by that piece of elastic around her neck.

The guys looked good.

• LOL 1
8 hours ago, lizajane said:

I really want to like Rhylee, but she needs to dial it down about ten notches and stop inserting herself in everyone else's issues. She is just so damn crass. She looked nice, though.

I agree. I like that Rhylee works hard and seems to know her job, but she cannot take any criticism. Then again, it seems like no one on this boat can take criticism.

21 minutes ago, tiredofwork said:

I honestly believe she had some deficiencies but by far wasn't amongst the worst stews ever to grace this show...

I agree with this too. IMO Simone was nowhere near the worst stews to ever appear on the show. It did seem like Simone got better on service and improved during the season as well. Also, didn't Kate have a training day with the stews during the season where Jen was a stew? Who was the flakey blonde that was on one season? I want to say her name was Sierra, but I am probably wrong. She did not know a fair amount, but did not get treated like Simone.

I do not know if I want to watch part two of this reunion, because I really do not like most of the crew. I do not like the guys and I am so over Captain Lee and Kate. The rest of the crew are just meh for me. No one wants to admit they are wrong and the rationalizing gymnastics that was happening was ridiculous. I really hope casting is better next season.

I admit I had to roll my eyes when Captain Lee was getting so mad at Kevin for telling Brian about the Courtney/Kate conversation. Really? Has Captain Lee seen the show they all do the run and tell that. It is like a Real Housewives show in that regard.

• Love 9

Why is it that my closed captioning never works properly with the reunion shows on bravo? They are not live. So there should be time for the captioning to be done correctly.  There is about a 10 second delay so it is useless. I can only understand about 50 percent of what they are saying. Add the noise going on in my house and I get so frustrated. Andy Cohen has a mush mouth so I even have trouble with him.

• Love 2

I still don't buy that Lee didn't know anything about the nasty deck crew behavior. By failing to respond, he sold his integrity for a Bravo paycheck. Stomping off of the set? Too little, too late.

Did Andy have an injury over his left eyebrow? The area was slightly puffy and appeared to be covered in non-matching makeup.

Were he and Kate hinting that she would be on RHONY, or trying to keep the audience guessing about her next move?

Brian doesn't seem very...bright.

Kate has morphed into a chief stew robot while she endures being on the show. During an argument she puts a slight smile on her face, adopts a pleasant tone, and trots out utterly fake platitudes. It's her private FU to her castmates and Bravo.

I swear I saw eyeliner on Ashton. He tried to go for Lee and Kate and sputtered out like a deflating balloon.

Curious as to whether they will skewer the deck crew in part 2. Probably held off in part 1 in order to keep viewers tuned in.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 6

Why does everything have to come to race baiting? I hope Bravo hires another black stew that flourishes so we can put an end to this "discussion."

I agree.  I think it was misconception on Simone's part and I think Kate is done with being chief stew and moving on.  I did agree with the Bru Cru that Kate seemed to have checked out this season.  She even said she was over it.  So I never felt like Simone was being picked on due to her color.  I think she expected training from Kate and didn't get it.  And Kate was so busy dealing with the Bru Cru she didn't care enough to hold Simone's hand.  I have to say I did roll my eyes when Simone could not even figure out how to open a bottle with a cork.....really?  I figured that out all on my own without training.  

And I never heard anyone on the boat every say anything to Simone that was detrimental to her race.  Not even Kate.  

• Love 17

Ugh the Brus are pitiful.  

Brian is about as dumb as they come.  And there is something in his eyes that makes me very uneasy.  The only mistake Courtney made with him was crying over him and giving a damn about him.  He sucks.

Tanner, you look ridiculous with that eyeliner and your mom is an idiot.

Ashton and Kevin have both repeatedly shown who they are (kicking sand in faces, name calling, intimidation, whining about working to get your d!ck sucked, punching glass, sexual assault, etc.) - really nothing more to say.

Rhylee, I want to be on your side and you make a lot of great points.  But when you then loudly declare that you wanted to "get on that d!ck" you make yourself look a lot like these lowlifes.  

Kate didn't break any code and didn't even do anything with Tanner (I am sure she's thankful for that).  

• Love 14
5 hours ago, laprin said:

This is demonstrably untrue. Have you never seen a Housewives reunion? 

I have seen many and when a Housewives is out of favor and is ready to be dumped they ambush her as they did Kate. They just did it to Vicki and Tamra in the OC and I can only hope that they do it again here.

3 hours ago, OldButHappy said:

Gotta come to Simone's defense here - I think that she's being judged extra harshly because she's black.  Not consciously - no one wants to think that they have biases - but unconscious bias is a really real thing that, by definition, people are not aware they have. 

Suppose, for example, Simone was a blonde white girl who looked like Kristen Cavallari during her Laguna Beach stint.  Not only would Simone have worked service, but her inexperience would become a hilarious story line.

I respectfully disagree. As many have acknowledged, Kate has often had issues with stews that she deemed poor workers. Up until this season, they have all been white and often blonde.  My judgement of Simone is based solely on what I have seen on screen. She came in with an attitude that she was smart/exceptional even. Yet, she seems anything but. In fact, less bright than many of the stews we've seen on the show. Instead of being self-sufficient, she wants to be hand-held and told she's special just for trying. No one has time for that. She's also never given Kate a real chance to get to know her. She was too busy hanging with the "Bruhs" and talking shit behind Kate's back. I have never ever heard her say anything nice about Kate - not even when Kate removed her from the situation with a messy primary who was sexually harassing her. She's the kind of employee that only acknowledges when she is wronged, never when she has been given an opportunity.  

56 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

I have seen many and when a Housewives is out of favor and is ready to be dumped they ambush her as they did Kate. They just did it to Vicki and Tamra in the OC and I can only hope that they do it again here.

If what you're calling an ambush is merely replaying negative footage of a Bravo-celebrity, they have all been ambushed at some point - and, yet, most return year after year. 

• Love 23
1 hour ago, Choco9 said:

Rhylee, I want to be on your side and you make a lot of great points.  But when you then loudly declare that you wanted to "get on that d!ck" you make yourself look a lot like these lowlifes. 

Yes. She is just so abrasive. She could use a few lessons  at charm school, or anger management.

I am very glad this season is over. There was enough toxic sludge behaviour on here to pollute the entire ocean.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Strange how Simone sucked on service all season, but was suddenly hands on with Jemele's charter. Gee, wonder why that is. 🙄

She also did a lot of service the charter before because she has been improving over the course of the season because despite her whining Kate has been putting her on service since the very beginning, it was just not as much as Simone wanted.

• Love 17
16 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Simone showed she was bad at service and poor at communicating with the guests literally within an hour of the guests being on board.

It's not like she ever needs a reason to pick out one stew to dump on.

She escaped having to answer after they showed her playing loud music to try to drive Caroline off the ship.  Somehow, there was no followup.

She denied she bullied anyone.  Her excuse was, we're so busy and things have to get done.

Not like Bravo would actually hold her accountable for it.  Bullying is a feature, not a bug, on these shows, especially BD.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

Captain Lee couldn’t take the heat so he ran off like he was Ramona or something. He has never been questioned on his many failures and dereliction of duties so he ran away.

When? He didn't move from his seat in this episode. We don't know what happened in Reunion part 2 that prompted him to walk off.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

Lee tried to come off like the anti drama guy when he jumped on Kevin for telling Brian about Courtney telling Kate about Brian's text.

As if Kevin was trying to agitate a big blowup.

No he was in the galley when the girls spoke and when Brian came by he told them, so that Brian and Courtney could talk and clear up any misunderstanding.

Anyways, they want big blowups, so Lee isn't doing what his masters want.

I think they seated the cast to have a us vs. them or team guys vs. team girls confrontation.  Probably gave each cast members ideas of what to say.

For once, it would be great if some of these Bravo cast members said "no that was editing and producers manipulation to make a big deal out of nothing."

• Love 3

Simone, take your math degree and go sit in a corner and solve equations. What’s with the entitled attitude that your feelings count for anything? You’re there to do a job not to be coddled. And slow the fuck down when you speak! They shouldn’t have to caption dialogue from a person speaking English. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
14 minutes ago, RemoteControlFreak said:

When? He didn't move from his seat in this episode. We don't know what happened in Reunion part 2 that prompted him to walk off.

You saw what an utter fraud Captain Lee is of you saw Below Deck Sailing Yacht that immediately followed it. A drunken guest was getting loud profane and abusive to a woman. The Captain knocked on the door went into the cabin and told him basically to knock it off and did a safety check. He stationed a deckhand in the corridor to intervene if it went south. Do think the great Stud of the Seas would have done that or would he sat on ass spouting cliches while signing on to Kate’s latest mean girl atrocity. 

That’s why he flounced off like a grandma who saw a mouse.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

She also did a lot of service the charter before because she has been improving over the course of the season because despite her whining Kate has been putting her on service since the very beginning, it was just not as much as Simone wanted.

Except it was only not as much Simone wanted after the fact. Every time I can recall Kate asking Simone if she wanted service or laundry, Simone said laundry. The only time I think Simone disagreed with her task in the moment was in the middle of dinner service when Kate asked her to start turn downs. I wish I got to dictate my job duties and only do what I wanted when I wanted, but I don’t think that is a reality for many of us. 

• Love 11

First off - I really can't stand Andy and they need a new host. The fact that the first 5-10 minutes of the episode is him individually saying hi to each of the 9 guests so that they could tell Andy how awesome he and his show is is quite obnoxious. And a waste of time when there is so much to discuss. 

Kate - I generally like her - mainly because she is typically very good about focusing on the task at hand and handling difficult personalities well on the job. There are many times where I was impressed with how well she just listened, let whomever vent/rage, and then figured out how to handle it immediately. She has good snark, is blunt, and has definitely found her niche for the show. (I did not agree with her blaring the music at Caroline. It was an extreme reaction to an extreme situation and two wrongs don't make a right.) This charter though definitely broke her. It is hard to tell what is genuine and what is for the show. And sometimes I don't think she even knows. I don't necessarily think she was intentionally bullying Simone but she definitely let some passive aggressiveness come through. Whether that was fully related to Simone, or partially due to the general shitshow that was this season... who knows. 

Simone - I have very mixed feelings about Simone. She definitely started eager to learn and was upfront about her skills. She did unfortunately state that she liked doing laundry and she was much better at it than Courtney so I can see why Kate divided the labor as she did, especially soon after the start.  I do agree with Kate/Capt Lee that this show is not a good way to be trained. Learning will be limited to observation and adaptation. Editing definitely made it seem that when being taught how to do something, Simone seemed to dismiss it (pouring a beer, opening a wine bottle). However - she was more active on service as the season went on. So she definitely learned something! So I wonder how much of the "Kate is evil" narrative was provoked and highlighted by the brus and by production. I am also sure there is some implicit bias going on. Probably both from her previous charters keeping her in laundry and here, and maybe also by production. The yachting industry is definitely lacking in diversity so production highlights that and pushes that angle through their prompts even more. I do hope she takes a service class or gets on a boat that has more staff with more options to gain experience. I also hope that the boat has a better and less misogynistic culture too! 

Ashton - ugh. just ugh. still everyone else's fault and not his in any way. His nodding along when Capt Lee was talking about checking your ego when you get on board was so ridiculous! He was by far the worst at that! 

Tanner - seemed like he had a plan to apologize and look good but no clue and actually learning occurred. You wanted to be the next Colin/mom role on the boat and invited all the commentary about your mom. You can't claim high ground that no one knows your family. and apparently the "private" fb group was not so private (again clueless!) 

Brian - just stop and listen. that is all it takes. and if you feel wronged don't just attack! Others are allowed their own opinions. his responses and my guess - his texts were just more attacking - didn't like you anyway b!tch variety of a toxic male who gets turned down. 

Kevin - I appreciate that he came ready to apologize and actually seemed to learn from the experience. I do think his running to tell Brian about Courtney saying she was telling everyone was just stirring the pot. later that episode or a next one when he pulled her close to hug her I wondered if he had a crush on Courtney and it was his little way to break them up... 

Courtney - totally impressed! I hated her the first episode but she quickly became my favorite! I would love to see a dream team of her, josiah, and kate on a new season. if only!

Capt Lee seems ready for a fight and also just ready to be done. I do think he has an old school attitude that most frustrations/fights/issues should never have to make it up to him and should be handled by the chief stew/bosun/chef. Unfortunately with the casts that Bravo gathers - that really isn't effective. 

• Love 15