Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E03: Next Level Rage Texts

• Start Topic

Stassi throws a book party at TomTom but excludes Tom Sandoval from the planning; Sandoval rage texts her, leading to an epic explosion between them and forcing Tom Schwartz to pick sides; Scheana bonds with Charli over their mutual dislike of Dayna.

Airs January 21, 2020.

I'm not sure exactly who is in the demographic that wants to read about Stassi's nether region and girlfriends sleeping with her boyfriend.  At least her dumb book is now on e-bay for $5.00!

And I agree: Scheana is booorrriinnnggg.....  But she can really read a situation the wrong way!  I kinda feel sorry for her; she's just THAT dumb.  All that Max crap was just way over the top.  The desperation is just pathetic.

Edited by goofygirl
As usual, typing!
  • LOL 4
  • Love 14

Oh good, Nikolai giving more advice.  That’s what this show needs.

I don’t think Stassi wrote a book at all, and it grates me every time she says it.  I think she gave the publishers enough material for them to make a book for her, which is, borrowing from Aviva Drescher, really just writing a series of long emails.  When Lisa was reading “the book”, it looked so thin.  This isn’t a book, it’s a pamphlet!  About Stassi’s bush.  That’s something.  

I hate this new waitress Charli.  Trash.  I hate Danica.  How did she get power?  And holy horse face underbite, aside from that (yeah, if she’s gonna mean-girl Dayna about her tits, I’m gonna go there).  Dayna should wear a bra to work though, my God.  Wear a freaking sports bra at least.  

Scheana saying Brett sent her “pages and pages and pages of text” reminds me of the looooong Instagram post Rob made about his parting of ways with Scheana, aka the most special person in his life.  It’s not because they’re ambivalent and they need to work through their feelings.  It’s because they want everyone to be crystal clear they’re not with her!

Those texts from Max were pretty damning though.  I think Scheana was waiting for Max to change his mind somehow after hearing the old texts.  At least he owned up to them, and apologized and pretty much dismissed everything she said past that.  Why does she give a shit about Dayna and Max?  What is her damage?  He wouldn’t be into her, Dayna or no Dayna!  Scheana is some type of freaking love terrorist.  Every guy who went out with her is going to put a ring on his next girlfriend’s finger, simply because she has the virtue of not being Scheana.  Dayna should send her a thank you card.  

Scheana had such a good season last season.  Now she is officially The James for me, or The Jax, or whoever the biggest asshole of the season usually is.  She’s trying to bully her way into a relationship with Max.  But she’s way above him, remember that.  

I wouldn’t be mad if Dayna started sleeping with Brett just to fuck with Scheana.  

Did Stassi have a written contract with TomTom?  I get that Stassi felt disrespected by Flat Iron, and if what’s being presented to us is accurate, he was out of line, regardless.  But shouldn’t Stassi the Author and Beau the Commercial Caster know that a contract governs, and whip out the signed contract and dangle it in Sandoval’s face?  Does an Instagram post promoting an event count as a contract?  I’m just being the devil’s advocate, just in case there was a contract, and there was a clause in the contract that said the venue can cancel at any time for reasons of understaffing...

Sandoval didn’t have a good defense, like a contract, though.  He didn’t say they didn’t have an agreement; he said his bartenders couldn’t work 12 hours.  Say what now?  I think James got into his ear and he went crazy and he got embarrassed in the aftermath, especially when Schwartz was making good points against him.  Wow, “echo chamber,” Schwartz?  I didn’t know you had it in you.  How about Katie saying “wherewithal”?

Sandoval left the event because he had nothing to say, except that he had been nervous.  It doesn’t matter if Stassi didn’t pay to use the venue; it sounded like TomTom was hosting her so they could make money off the profits from people drinking.  

Schwartz for the win this episode saying that FI went ape shit because there is something deeply within him that can’t host Stassi.  Should have thought about that before, bud.

I guess I feel the way about Stassi putting her finger in Sandoval’s face and yelling at him the way that I felt about Lala getting all up in Billie’s face at Billie’s Brunch last season—do we get to factor in the part that this will probably cause an upsurge in business (the meta situation) or are we adhering to the standard that says one person shouldn’t point their finger in another person’s face at their place of business?  Because the way we look at it should inform whether Stassi gets banned.  Two wrongs don’t make a right.  

Katie shouldn’t have added insult to injury by getting in Sandoval’s ear, but Sandoval totally owes her an apology for telling her to “get the fuck out of [his] face.”  Those are aggressive enough fighting words against a man’s wife to cause a rift between business partners.  Hell, there was an entire episode of The Sopranos that revolved around Tony and Ralphie trying to get permission to literally kill each other because the latter wouldn’t have a drink with the former, so, comparatively, this ain’t bad...?  Best thing I could think to say about the situation 🙄

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

Stassi’s book was on the NYT “Self Help” list for three weeks.   If my research is right, she debuted at No.  4 or 5 and was off the list three weeks later.  Her demographic was fans of the show.    I believe she sold 36,000 copies.  I shouldn’t be snide tho — it’s more than I’ve ever done.   

• Useful 3
  • Love 13
On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 11:40 PM, OnceSane said:

"Next Level Rage Texts". Stassi throws a book party at TomTom but excludes Tom Sandoval from the planning; Sandoval rage texts her, leading to an epic explosion between them and forcing Tom Schwartz to pick sides; Scheana bonds with Charli over their mutual dislike of Dayna.

Wow, Lala looks like the proverbial wet saddle in the opening credits!

Fuck, I had forgotten about this show foisting Nicholas, Stassi's wise old younger brother on us at least once a season. Just stop it! What was the deal with her mother? I missed last season so I assume there's more to what she told us about her. Why is Schemer telling successful businesswoman Lisa Vandbucks, who is wearing a pentagram, about her private affairs with Brett? It just confirms his claims about you being desperate for a man. Speaking of desperate and stalker-like, love how she showed up with the guys hanging out and shooting the breeze in order to have a heart to heart with Maxx. Schemer then proceeds to act like a stalker and repeats the same things we heard about that perfect bf of hers who could install flat screen TVs in less than two minutes. Stassi gets a nasty text message from FI Tom, presumably b/c he felt excluded from her plans to sell her books she bought at Books-A-Million at "his bar", or maybe at the producers' request. Meanwhile, Schemer and some other girls decide they're going to make their SUR "uniforms" more slutty, sharing all sorts of things I did not want to know. Does Danica taking money from Brett and then having sex with him make her a hooker, and why is talking about his long talk with Schemer (who ignored him) as if it didn't happen last week? Later, at Statssi's "book signing", we discover Schwartz fucked up and didn't get bartenders lined up so they had to get some third stringers, including Mongo the moron. "Mongo make drinks!" Did I hear Schwartz claim he could have bartended? Oh, really? Oh crap, Nicolas is there! I guess he's going to hear about her losing her virginity after all.. OK, I really don't care about FI Tom's hissy fit and them all standing in a circle clucking and squawking, but I thought the quick cut-away of Kristen innocently sipping her drink while trying to eavesdrop was funny. Naturally, successful businesswoman Lisa Vanderbucks has to get involved the next day. Schemer sucks as a trainer, BTW.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

Team Stassi on this one.  WWHL viewers agreed.  He knew what was going on.  He just was pissed off that Stassi went to Swartz and not him.  That's what pissed him off and he put it on Stassi in a drunk text message.  'He' thinks he's the boss.

Why does Scheana always look look dirty to me.  That hair.  And girl is so hungry.

I'm still confused about the history of these guys with Scheana. 

• Love 20

I’m usually team Sandoval, but not this time. It pains me to take Stassi’s side. 

Sheana is so pathetic. She was over the moon to have a new audience for her gotdamned Apple Watch story. Too bad the viewing audience has heard it 5 times in 3 episodes. Oy!

• LOL 5
  • Love 13

Even with the meh drama at Stassi's book signing I was still so bored with the episode. I used to be somewhat entertained by these idiots, now I can barely make it through an episode.

I will be on Sandoval's side mainly because I root for anyone who goes up against Stassi. She is the one I dislike the most out of a cast that I pretty much dislike everyone. I did laugh at the editors putting the two Stassi clips with her saying practically the same thing in each together.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 10
45 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

I will be on Sandoval's side mainly because I root for anyone who goes up against Stassi. She is the one I dislike the most out of a cast that I pretty much dislike everyone. I did laugh at the editors putting the two Stassi clips with her saying practically the same thing in each together.

Yesss same!  The enemy of Stassi is my friend.

“HOW DARE YOU?  HOW DARE YOU??”

Uugh shut up Stassi!

• LOL 4
  • Love 14

I'd like to thank the editors for bringing back that clip of the ridiculous penguin adoption gift. Poor Pingu, stuck with Scheana as a mom. At least the newest guy got something he could hawk on Facebook Marketplace. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Regardless of Dr. Charli's groundbreaking revelation of pasta making you gain weight, I'm sure it wasn't stumbled upon when she was 3. Lying poser has had pasta.

But which kind of pasta are we talking about? Because there’s the pasta that can make you gain weight and then there’s the pasta that (apparently) makes you lose weight. Do we think Charli has had both kinds of pasta?

tumblr_p3efx8Wjlc1urli1fo2_250.gifv

• LOL 16
  • Love 6

Sandavol didn’t just find out about the event the night before as was shown. In addition in what fucking world is last minute staffing issues the fault of the person who is having the event and not the bar? Clearly Dumbass Schwartz was capable of figuring it out so Sandavol sending that text and than showing up when there were no issues and causing a scene is so childish and ridiculous and I hope he thought it was going to be a good storyline but that shit should make no one ever want to have an event there ever.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 19

Scheana’s new boyfriend (an Australian rugby player) came with her to WWHL. They’ve been dating for four months, she has not yet bought him an Apple Watch or a penguin (but she did buy him AirPods!), and we still don’t know his adeptness at hanging TVs. He has very pretty long hair and he wears a scrunchie on his wrist. I think he’s going for a poor man’s Jason Momoa look. I’m not sure how I feel about scrunchies on the wrists of men who are not Jason Momoa.

jasonmomoapinkscrunchie-80a5.jpg?quality

ED90CD4C-5713-40AB-87DE-CAC9CBA43344.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Sandavol sending that text and than showing up when there were no issues and causing a scene is so childish and ridiculous and I hope he thought it was going to be a good storyline but that shit should make no one ever want to have an event there ever.

Agreed. But it would really make me want to ATTEND an event there.

5 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I guess I feel the way about Stassi putting her finger in Sandoval’s face and yelling at him the way that I felt about Lala getting all up in Billie’s face at Billie’s Brunch last season—do we get to factor in the part that this will probably cause an upsurge in business (the meta situation) or are we adhering to the standard that says one person shouldn’t point their finger in another person’s face at their place of business?  Because the way we look at it should inform whether Stassi gets banned.  Two wrongs don’t make a right.  

55 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

They fake a lot of stuff on Bravo, but what I find most insulting is the idea that screaming arguments at SUR, TomTom, etc., are bad for business.

4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

And, while it probably wasn't the most appropriate thing for Stassi to yell at him, he really shouldn't have shown up, given the bad blood. Also, I'm betting her fans LOVED it.

I’m of the opinion that if I were to go to TomTom or Sur or Pump during filming and didn’t AT LEAST see a finger in someone’s face, I would be really bummed. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, MrsWitter said:

Agreed. But it would really make me want to ATTEND an event there.

Which is why I sort of give him a slight benefit of the doubt but the text and convo with Schwartz made me want to punch him. I mean Stassi literally went on Katie and Schwartz’s honeymoon of course she wanted to deal with him and he handled it. That fight if Sandavol needed to have one, though the fact that he knew about it deeply undercuts any leg he has to stand on, should be with Schwartz and Lisa not Stassi.

etb: people who attended mentioned that they were only serving beer and wine so it makes Sandavol looking even more ridiculous. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 14

I cannot take either side in this week's argument dramatics. Stassi didn't need to respond to FI Tom (or at least not with yelling and pointing her finger in his face) and FI Tom shouldn't have texted those nasty things to her and shouldn't have gone to the event to confront her. You could tell he and Arianna were itching to fight when they arrived.

7 hours ago, Callaphera said:

So it's not okay to not wear a bra under your little SUR t-shirt dress but it's a-okay to prance around without your bloomers on when your hem almost brushes your undercarriage? I would love to see the health board's take on that one. 

But (heh) that's how they get bigger tips! LOL

I wonder how pentagram wearer Lisa Vanderbucks felt about what they had to say?

10 hours ago, Steph J said:

Danica, Dana, Brett, ... the brown haired one who doesn't know what carbs are, who the fuck are any of these people and why are they on my TV?

Clari's (?) claim of never eaten pasta before was total bullshit. but I was disappointed they didn't randomly throw in a clip of DJ Muppet Baby's pasta rant.

5 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

If I bought an Apple watch for a guy who immediately dumped me, I would do everything in my power to bury that story, not repeat it several times on Bravo.

How does she afford that on a waitress salary? Apple Watches cost about $1K, right?

Edited by Ubiquitous
  • Love 6

I was very disappointed that this episode was Scheana specific...ugh.  Get her OFF my screen!  

As a major FI Tom fan I will admit that he was wrong but I REFUSE to take Stassi's side...she grates.

I hope we've had our dose of Scheana for the rest of the season - she is so predictable and BORING.

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, Ubiquitous said:

How does she afford that on a waitress salary? Apple Watches cost about $1K, right?

You are joking right? About the waitress salary? I’m pretty sure you’re joking.

Dayna is probably the most likeable of all the new cast members, and I’m still not sure I even like her that much yet. Not wearing a bra (aka “breast prison”) to work is pretty tacky, but not wearing underwear and letting your choocha hang out of your very short dress—while serving food—is downright nasty.  

No Carb Charlie seems to be especially vapid—not to mention a damn liar. I’m sure your parents NEVER made you spaghetti or Mac and cheese as a kid. Give me a break. And don’t even get me started on her hellacious vocal fry. Nails on a chalkboard. 

I’m generally pro- Sandoval—and not a huge Stassi fan—but yeah, he was in the wrong here. He overreacted and lashed out unnecessarily. What was surprising to me was seeing Schwartz stand up to him, with confidence and authority nonetheless. 

• Love 21

Wish I would've started counting in episode 1 but how many Apple watch mentions will there be?  Will it surpass the "Rob can mount a TV in 7 minutes or less" count?  

Sandoval is seething with jealousy and it's only going to get worse.

• LOL 8
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, MrsWitter said:

but the boys of SUR have felt like a welcome cool breeze compared to the hot mess of brus this season on Below Deck.

Apparently Danica feels that cool breeze when she walks into SUR.

FI Tom is a toolbag that hangs out with the fucking prick that is James.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Duke2801 said:

Not wearing a bra (aka “breast prison”) to work is pretty tacky, but not wearing underwear and letting your choocha hang out of your very short dress—while serving food—is downright nasty.  

And one reason someone gave was that because the fabric of the SUR dress was so diaphanous everyone could see her underwear. So it’s better to skip the underwear. So everyone will only see what underwear would have covered.

• LOL 7
  • Love 8

It made zero sense to rage text Stassi over the issue. And Stassi's ott rage reaction at her event also made no sense.  The whole thing seemed very fake and manufactured to me. I thought I caught a whiff of overcooked ham in some of their reactions, too. That sort of crap makes me feel like a fool for watching the show.

On the other hand, there was Puffy's suitcase!

• LOL 1
  • Love 15

This was truly stupid.  Sandoval loves the idea of being an "owner" of the bar, but honestly does anyone believe that he is responsible for any part of the day to day operations?  And never in a million years would an owner go off on someone hosting an event in a bar in which they're a very minority owner.  If this wasn't all for a show, Stassi (the customer) would've been running to a whatever media outlet would listen and spill on the treatment she received from Sandoval. 

Usually a contract amongst restaurant partners will have clauses that will negate the contract if one of the parties does something to cause harm to the restaurant.  I actually worked for Outback decades ago and the franchise holder lost his interest in the restaurant when he opted to have an affair with one of the waitresses (he was married/she was married).  She could've had a fairly significant lawsuit against him as the affair resulted in her being treated incredibly cruelly by her coworkers.  He had the power in the whole situation. 

At the end of the day, Lisa/Ken and the other couple (names I can't remember) are the real owners of Tom-Tom and the idea that Sandoval has any actual authority there is pretty laughable.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Mr. Miner said:

Apparently Danica feels that cool breeze when she walks into SUR.

FI Tom is a toolbag that hangs out with the fucking prick that is James.

And she could feel it IN her vagina, which is an internal organ, so the breezes there must be very strong.

• LOL 18
  • Love 3

I didn't like the pasta convo very much because basically I felt the bottom line was: the worst thing you can ever be is fat. I just find that so exhausting and dumb. Also, it tells me all the "body positivity" stuff they try to after school special us about is complete virtue signalling bullshit.

Grr Stassi and Sando's fake fight has really turned me off. That was a bridge too far, VPR!

• Love 16

If Sandoval is jealous of anything it should be that the new people are getting 90% of the camera time. In fact, all the OG's should be fuming over that. I would be shitting my pants wondering how I'm gonna pay for my new 2 million house with what's going on with the shift in the cast. They're all acting like it's no big deal but deep down they must be worried. 

It's also interesting that Scheana is the only OG that's in soooooo many scenes. Why, BRAVO, why? Like she's really going to have the new girls to her home to alter their ugly tshirt dresses or that we care about her stupid hookups with the new guy. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17

I refuse to believe that this Charli woman has never eaten pasta! Of course with gluten-free being the rage now, absolutely believe that she hasn’t eaten it in years. But even in California would people have avoided pasta 20+ years ago?? Eh, I guess Atkins low-carb was a thing back then. Okay, I’ll allow it.

Scheana must be quaking in her stilettos. Charli looks exactly like her but a decade younger. Oh, jeez, she’s crying over Max calling her boy crazy! You are boy crazy! And just crazy crazy! And she’s trying to make Brett take her to see Aladin! Snort! You know she imagines herself as Princess Jasmine! She told Max she’s off of birth control and freezing her eggs trying to get an offer—and she did the same to Brett last episode!! But, no, you’re not boy crazy, at all! OH MY GOD SHE SHOWED UP!!!!! No. Not crazy at all!! Ok, just like the evidence got Charli off the hook with the pasta thing*, I’ll let Scheana off the hook for why she was led on after the text messages. But she doesn’t get to claim Max over Dani.

*Wait. It’s not about the pasta! Perhaps this woman has had gluten but not drugs. Seems more likely.

There’s a Danica and a Dayna and two Bretts? We don’t even know their last names—“new Brett” and “old Brett”?? They’re both new to us viewers!!

OMG! That Sandyman comic was the funniest thing ever on this show. White Kanye guzzling the booze! Ha!

I think Sandoval probably had a fair point about the bartenders needing to now work 12 hour shifts, but he undermined himself by freaking out on Stassi instead of discussing it with Schwartz. But at least these fans got a live show for what they tune in and bought this book for, so kudos for that.

This is rich! Scheana telling Dayna that she thinks her relationship with Max is more than it is! Talk about projection! A+ on this storyline. 

Ken is on Sandoval’s side. Remember when he threatened to “knock James’s spark out”?! I want him to go down and get involved. Sit this one out, Lisa.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8