Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E03: Next Level Rage Texts

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Well.....Brittany and Jax were on WWHL, and yes, I know, Jax!

Andy asked leading questions about the season and every question that had to do with being extra, or a diva, anything not so positive, and the answer was always Sandavol. 

It could be we get a season of The Unaware Self Importance of Tom Sandavol.  It could be worse. 

Pantylessgate at SUR.

Conspiracy theory answer:

because he’s the (mutually, covertly) agreed bad guy this year!  

I’m giving free tin foil hats to anyone who agrees with me. And they might come in extra handy with the 5G we’re all going to get soon! (Two-fer !) 😏

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I knew someone who worked at hooters like 25 years ago, I remember asking why she had to wear those  ugly suntan shiny pantyhose...and she said it was a health code rule??? I could be way wrong...my memory is selective from that time frame.  it just seems wrong in a food/bar environment. not to mention some drunk could grope you, don't know if that still happens.

• Love 5

A couple of things that I thought were interesting from the popup version of the episode.

Schwartz is still complaining at length about Katie's temper.  You would think he wouldn't borrow trouble by now 

They also had one where they asked the crew what it was like when they were filming an argument and they knew they had receipts from previous filming.

Answer: We have to keep a straight face while filming and wait until getting back in the van to laugh at them.

• LOL 2

The pop-up of this episode showed up on my DVR so I decided just to watch the boys night because I thought it was funny - on rewatch I think Sandoval was DEFINITELY pissed that Stassi planned her event with Big Dummy Schwartz rather than His Clever Self Who Could Have Done It So Much Better.  So I FFd to the scene in TomTom and he sort of admitted it there too.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

The pop up episode had Schwartz saying that Sandoval rage texting isn't an unusual thing and that he's been on the other side of it before. 

In terms, of Stassi's reaction,  It seemed like Katie may have been doing a little bit of shit stirring.  They edited it like Stassi saw Sandoval come in and Stassi saw him but kept doing her thing.  Then Katie decided it was a good time to confront Sandoval about the text.  It was after Katie agreed to disengage and leave it to Schwartz that Stassi entered the fray. I didn't catch whether Katie went and got Stassi or if the arguing caught her attention without Katie making sure it did. I'm not sure that Stassi would have made a scene at her event, versus at a later date, if Sandoval wasn't arguing with Katie and Schwartz about it.

I think Sandoval wasn't really losing his shit over what he claims was the problem.  I think that the way this got organized triggered a stress reaction in terms of what he feels about his partnership with Lisa.  And really, Lisa manipulated Sandoval into paying for the privilege to being an unpaid quasi celebrity attraction at her bar.  I think Sandoval has created a version of what his role is at the bar that lets him cope with what his actual role is.   So between Stassi not coming to him and things not being smooth with staffing the night before he vented all that .  Why he picked Stassi to rage text to instead of Schwartz, I don't know.  James influence?  And something about how this came together triggered a bigger reaction than was appropriate.  He wouldn't dare text Lisa to tell her she shouldn't have agreed with Stassi's request.  

As to why Stassi its either that Sandoval's interactions with women and Schwartz have always been weird or that its all manufactured for the cameras.

Its been clear for the last few seasons that the original cast is becoming increasingly unwilling to maintain a pretense of working for SUR.  In interviews last year, they were being shockingly transparent about how they feel about LvP.

Scheana is getting screen time because she is the only one willing to try to integrate the new cast at Bravo's or LvP's request.

Where can I see these interviews you cite?

• Love 1

The show feels too sprawling now.  It worked much better when it was focused on the main core cast.  Also, the newbies feel really fake.  I don't like any of them.  Dayna is the worse.  She is the epitome of the "cool girl" from Gone Girl and I don't mean that as a compliment.  A poor version/conglomeration of Ariana and Stassi, and she seems hyper aware of the cameras.

Edited by Brooke0707
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I really don't like this Charli.  And when she was asked if she had mac n cheese and she was like, "no," you could tell she was lying.  Who gaf if you ate macaroni as a kid??  she has a "theory" that pasta makes everyone fat?  OMG - What an idiot.

I hate to take the side of that moron who claims to have never eaten pasta, but I remember my PT and nutritionist telling me that fruits and vegetables, not whole grains (pasta), should be the base of the food pyramid and it's partially why we're getting fatter.

15 hours ago, njbchlover said:

When he said this, I wanted to ask Sandoval why is it okay, then, to jump back into bartending every once in a while at SUR?  (Didn't we see film of this happening in the season opener episode?)  

Didn't Sandoval say something about bartending at SUR or finding himself getting behind the bar whenever he visited?

11 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Her hair looks AWFUL that dark.  The lighter, softer look is much better on her.  She must have NO friends to tell her this.

Having her hair pulled tightly in a ponytail n top of her head, a la Madonna during her pyramidal bra stage isn't doing Schemer any favours, either.

Edited by Ubiquitous
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

I hate to take the side of that moron who claims to have never eaten pasta, but I remember my PT and nutritionist telling me that fruits and vegetables, not whole grains (pasta), should be the base of the food pyramid and it's partially why we're getting fatter.

I think the reason everyone is making fun of her is because (to most of us) it seemed like she was making this statement as if it was her "theory" and no one before her had come to this conclusion.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
13 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Something tells me that the little pink employee handbook is going to be revised to include a clause that all servers must wear some type of underwear!! 

In the Pumped Up version, it stated that Lisa was unaware that the girls were going commando, so I think you may be absolutely right!

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Jel said:

I’m giving free tin foil hats to anyone who agrees with me. And they might come in extra handy with the 5G we’re all going to get soon! (Two-fer !) 😏

Hee! I will be Team Sandoval if he goes up against Jax and Stassi. Are Jax and Sandoval getting along, because I could see him answer all the negative questions with Sandoval if they were on the outs.

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I do not think any of the veteran cast members have really grown all that much. Yes, they are buying houses and getting married, but they still do the same petty shit they have always done. I think Jax's whole fake James Twitter account stuff did not happen during filming. I believe someone here mentioned that the Witches of WeHo were call the police on Faith repeatedly.  

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Brooke0707 said:

The show feels too sprawling now.  It worked much better when it was focused on the main core cast.  Also, the newbies feel really fake.  I don't like any of them.  Dayna is the worth.  She is the epitome of the "cool girl" from Gone Girl and I don't mean that as a compliment.  A poor version/conglomeration of Ariana and Stassi, and she seems hyper aware of the cameras.

I want to like this 10000x.  The cool girl bit from Gone Girl was the best part of Gone Girl -

Men always say that as the defining compliment, don’t they? She’s a cool girl. Being the Cool Girl means I am a hot, brilliant, funny woman who adores football, poker, dirty jokes, and burping, who plays video games, drinks cheap beer, loves threesomes and anal sex, and jams hot dogs and hamburgers into her mouth like she’s hosting the world’s biggest culinary gang bang while somehow maintaining a size 2, because Cool Girls are above all hot. Hot and understanding. Cool Girls never get angry; they only smile in a chagrined, loving manner and let their men do whatever they want. Go ahead, shit on me, I don’t mind, I’m the Cool Girl.

Men actually think this girl exists.  Maybe they’re fooled because so many women are willing to pretend to be this girl...

5 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

Oh she's right!  But it's not her "theory!"  People know this, as fact.  She didn't come up with this.  @MissFeatherbottom beat me to it.  🙂

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, MissFeatherbottom said:

I think the reason everyone is making fun of her is because (to most of us) it seemed like she was making this statement as if it was her "theory" and no one before her had come to this conclusion.

Plus that she claimed to have NEVER eaten pasta. A. Who cares? And B. Wheat isn’t immediately horrible (unless you have an allergy or disease that makes you TRULY ill from eating it). It’s not as though having eaten it here or there, once in a blue moon, is the defining factor for obesity.

If she just said “yeah, it’s not something I eat” it’d go past us... but the definitive NEVER eating pasta that gets the 🙄

• Love 7
3 hours ago, MissFeatherbottom said:

Good point! She did act like she thought it up all on her own, didn't she? 😃

3 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

In the Pumped Up version, it stated that Lisa was unaware that the girls were going commando, so I think you may be absolutely right!

I find that hard to believe. 

• Love 1

When Scheana was grilling Max about the status of his relationship with Dayna, oh how I wish he would have responded, "that's really none of your business".  He just fed her ammunition.  And this little boy, gremlin looking douche is the hottest thing in town?  Same for waiter Brett.  Really?  Gross.   

I'm sorry, I truly know he is an absolute horrible excuse for a human being, but sometimes I just can't help but love Jax.  He is unapologetically himself.  

When Danica walked up, I thought in looking at her face front on that we had another Billie on our hands.  Ooof.  From her side angle, she looks like Jessa Duggar if she were released into the modern world.  

Dumb girls are sadly hard to tolerate.  Girls who purposefully act dumb are even worse.  Not sure which Charli is but she's one for sure. 

Someone needs to give Sandoval a visual lesson; the amount this is "your bar" is the equivalent of one piece of tile from the public bathroom.  

I was cheering out loud when passive little Schwartzy told him square on, "don't be condescending to me".  Shout it from the rooftops, Schwartz!  

In addition in what fucking world is last minute staffing issues the fault of the person who is having the event and not the bar? 

Thank you!  Staffing had nothing to do with Stassi, you idiot!

Methinks that same spider that bit Sandoval also crawled up his butt.

Had to quote this because it gave me such a chuckle 🙂

I would be shitting my pants wondering how I'm gonna pay for my new 2 million house with what's going on with the shift in the cast. 

Absolutely.  None of them have one single marketable skill to move forward with. 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

Having her hair pulled tightly in a ponytail n top of her head, a la Madonna during her pyramidal bra stage isn't doing Schemer any favours, either.

It's the traction alopecia she's given herself by being a slave to extensions.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

I call bullshit - their dresses are too brief for it to remain a secret.  One of those older dresses was basically a scarf that you could fit in a change purse!  It's Lisa in CYA mode now that the dumb girls have bragged about it on tv.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, SFoster21 said:

Where can I see these interviews you cite?

https://www.bravotv.com/vanderpump-rules/season-7/episode-21/videos/ariana-madix-claims-shell-always-be-lisa-vanderpumps

There were a few around the time of TomTom's opening airing. This was the one that struck me most.  Because its an aftershow and because Ariana, Stassi. Kristen, and Sadoval were talking shit about LvP's character on a VdP Rules After Show while Jax was quietly nodding and Schwartz was uncomfortably silent and not defending her.

There is no doubt in my mind that this is why there are three new cast members and we are suddenly having extended portions of the show dedicated to Scheana,,new cast members, and SUR wanna be cast members.  

LvP wants to get the show viable with new cast members to be able to punish some of them or Bravo wants to separate the combatants into a spinoff and a more SUR based show.

22 hours ago, Jel said:

And this is why I'm of the conspiracy mindset that this is all manufactured drama because its a reality show is too sane.   No, I'm more of a mind that the stuff with Carter causing conflict with witches of WeHo and Sandoval being a jealous rage monster is the cast cooking up ways to be interesting to combat LvP maneuvering.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

I am loving that smug, self-important, intelligentsia Arianna’s screen time seems to be a little less this season. I hope they keep it that way. 

9 hours ago, MissFeatherbottom said:

Yes! And I doubt she even knows there is a food pyramid. Another genius. 

• Love 6

I was surprised to see Tom Schwartz go against his best friend Tom. I knew he was always my favorite Tom for a reason haha. He sounded so sweet when he was telling us as long as Stassi was happy he was happy. That was so sweet😊marriage has really made him more masculine lol. He’s so hot as I’ve always thought that lol.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, princelina said:

I call bullshit - their dresses are too brief for it to remain a secret.  One of those older dresses was basically a scarf that you could fit in a change purse!  It's Lisa in CYA mode now that the dumb girls have bragged about it on tv.

LITERALLY CYA mode 😉

• LOL 9

On 1/21/2020 at 11:35 PM, angelamh66 said:

I’m usually team Sandoval, but not this time. It pains me to take Stassi’s side. 

Sheana is so pathetic. She was over the moon to have a new audience for her gotdamned Apple Watch story. Too bad the viewing audience has heard it 5 times in 3 episodes. Oy!

That F-ing Apple Watch! I'm going to go back and watch the episode again to see if he even wears it!

18 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

My dog's luggage, if there ever was any, would be a Target bag stuffed in my checked bag.

LOL my dog's "luggage" (well, when she was here; gone now; kills me) is an old army green duffle bag that was given to me at some point, and I used a Sharpie to write "Mazzy" (the pup) on it. 🙂

9 hours ago, nytonc said:

I am loving that smug, self-important, intelligentsia Arianna’s screen time seems to be a little less this season. I hope they keep it that way. 

I didn't register this but now I wonder if that's why she went crawling back to Lisa about a job? Arianna's book is coming out soon but if she doesn't get air time to promote it then it isn't going to be a career defining moment for her and she will be right back to square one.

Last - as for Tom and Stassi, I am clearly the odd man out here, but I don't believe Sandavol is "jealous" of Stassi even a tiny little bit. We have seen for years that Sandavol regards all those girls as petty and self-important mean girls (including his best friend's wife) and I think it jsut came to the point with Stassi that his buried rage about all things Stassi finally boiled over. He wasn't in the right at all, BUT I just rewatched that clip and I originally was all "Stassi is in the right here" but after the rewatch, no, NO!! Sandavol was wrong for the text. Absolutely. BUT Stassi was the one who came up out of nowhere in the bar and started throwing an absolute fit. Sandavol wasn't yelling, he didn't approach her or say absolutely anything to her until SHE stepped to him as soon as he came in, started ripping into him as loudly as she could, and then fueled her own vapid self-important rage as she really got going on a whole tirade. 

Sure, Tom isn't really an "owner" in the way he clearly is allowing the term to go to his head, and feel more important than he is, BUT STassi stepping to him in that way really WAS her stepping to an owner and just ripping them in public in their own place of business instead of being an adult and doing it in private.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, nytonc said:

Well, she doesn’t know about the food pyramid because she hasn’t invented it yet.  Give her time.

I have a soft spot for Schwartz.  Partly because he looks like a short version of my favorite ex-boyfriend, but mostly because he seems the most human of the lot.  Sure he has his faults, but he seems genuinely nice and has a positive attitude.  And in his moments of pure joy, he reminds me of a Labrador Retriever.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
16 hours ago, princelina said:

Especially since I think the no underwear thing already came up in Season 1 or 2.

5 hours ago, Mazzy said:

BUT Stassi was the one who came up out of nowhere in the bar and started throwing an absolute fit. Sandavol wasn't yelling, he didn't approach her or say absolutely anything to her until SHE stepped to him as soon as he came in, started ripping into him as loudly as she could, and then fueled her own vapid self-important rage as she really got going on a whole tirade. 

Sure, Tom isn't really an "owner" in the way he clearly is allowing the term to go to his head, and feel more important than he is, BUT STassi stepping to him in that way really WAS her stepping to an owner and just ripping them in public in their own place of business instead of being an adult and doing it in private.

But this isnt what happened at all.  FI came in and was fighting with Katie and Schwartz and then Stassi came over.  She did not pounce as soon as he came in.

• Love 4

Tom was in the wrong, but Stassi was also in the wrong for her reaction. She literally went out of her way to scream at him (unprovoked) and then yelled, "How dare you do this at my event?" Um, no, Stassi, you're the one "doing it" at your event. Honestly, I can't fault Tom for being anti-Stassi but he does need to man up and admit that he was being a bitch and that he let his personal feelings get the best of him.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, Mazzy said:

Last - as for Tom and Stassi, I am clearly the odd man out here, but I don't believe Sandavol is "jealous" of Stassi even a tiny little bit. We have seen for years that Sandavol regards all those girls as petty and self-important mean girls (including his best friend's wife) and I think it jsut came to the point with Stassi that his buried rage about all things Stassi finally boiled over. He wasn't in the right at all, BUT I just rewatched that clip and I originally was all "Stassi is in the right here" but after the rewatch, no, NO!! Sandavol was wrong for the text. Absolutely. BUT Stassi was the one who came up out of nowhere in the bar and started throwing an absolute fit. Sandavol wasn't yelling, he didn't approach her or say absolutely anything to her until SHE stepped to him as soon as he came in, started ripping into him as loudly as she could, and then fueled her own vapid self-important rage as she really got going on a whole tirade. 

I was on Stassi's side, but I don't actually think Tom is jealous of her. I think it was more about being pissy that she didn't kiss his ring while setting up this little shindig. I think he's become really self important lately. I LOVED the first few seasons of FI Tom. I think he has become a lot more arrogant since dating Ariana, who I generally cannot stand. 

Stassi probably shouldn't have pitched such a fit. But I don't, for a second, think Tom showed up at her book signing with good intentions. He reminds me of an ex I had who loved to provoke me without looking like he was provoking me. My behavior is still on me - same with Stassi. But just because Tom didn't come in yelling,that doesn't mean he didn't come with bad intentions. He had JUST threatened to kick her out of the bar and yelled at her via text. He knew just his presence would rile her up. 

• Love 6
On 1/22/2020 at 2:19 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

Oh good, Nikolai giving more advice.  That’s what this show needs.

I get that there are kids who are 'mature beyond years' and a few of my friends' children are definitely like that, but everything he says seems so fake and scripted, like the producers gave him a piece of paper with the things they want him to say and he's reciting them.  Normally with kids who say adult things, they always crack me up because it's like hearing a grandma talk in a little kid's body, but with Nikolai, I just keep cringing.

On 1/22/2020 at 2:22 PM, Ubiquitous said:

Schemer and some other girls decide they're going to make their SUR "uniforms" more slutty, sharing all sorts of things I did not want to know.

First of all, I love all of the play-on-words nicknames you have given them.

Didn't they talk about how flimsy the uniforms are in the pilot episode and how nobody above a size 2 can wear the SUR dress?  You could scrunch up the dress and hold it in the fist of your hand because of how small they are.  "Your boobs are flopping as you're serving food... it takes me 20 minutes for me to tape myself into my dress." they said.  And how Lisa tells them to wear big knickers.  But that's all Lisa's fault for choosing a dress like that.  Why WOULD you choose that kind of dress for your restaurant staff?  So inappropriate.  I don't want to feel uncomfortable while I'm having my dinner.

Doesn't matter how thin the material of the dress is, you can wear seamless skintone underwear and it won't show.  Or you could wear those culotte-style undies that look like very short bike-shorts.

On 1/22/2020 at 7:11 PM, MrsWitter said:

But which kind of pasta are we talking about? Because there’s the pasta that can make you gain weight and then there’s the pasta that (apparently) makes you lose weight. Do we think Charli has had both kinds of pasta?

When I've gained some weight, I just use a spiraliser to make noodles from zucchinis.  It's not for everyone, I know, but I actually like 'zoodles'.  There are carbs in bread and rice too, and I doubt she's never had either in her life!  A lot of the times, it's the rich, creamy sauce you put on the pasta that adds weight.  A lot of Asians eat a stomach-full of rice three meals a day, but they're not overweight, because the soups and side dishes they have with the rice are not fattening.

On 1/22/2020 at 11:21 PM, Ubiquitous said:

How does she afford that on a waitress salary? Apple Watches cost about $1K, right?

Not that Apple needs any more publicity especially from a shitty reality show skank, but maybe she told them that she would mention the watch x-number of times in x-episodes and received the watch for free.

Stassi was Greta-Thunberg-ing herself with the "How DARE you?!!!"

FI's BIGGEST fear in life is for people to think that he's being jealous???  WOW!  I wish my fears were that pathetically petty.  Just wow.  If Stassi had asked him instead of Schwartz. he would have been fine with it and had Schwartz reacted the way that FI did, FI would have told him to chill.

I'm a serious person, so I get annoyed when people joke around too much when they start to get uncomfortable, but I don't take MYSELF seriously.  Not like FI.  He IS that person who takes himself too seriously and has no reason to do that.  I get that there are things he wants to do, but he's still not working enough to make them happen.  He doesn't even know how. He thinks that just thinking about them is enough to make things happen.

Remember in the 90s when women wore those black tracksuits with the two white stripes on the side and wore their hair up in a very tight, high ponytail and brown lip liner with nude colour inside the liner?  That's what Sheana reminds me of this episode.

Edited by SarahPrtr
  • Love 2
54 minutes ago, SarahPrtr said:

When I've gained some weight, I just use a spiraliser to make noodles from zucchinis.  It's not for everyone, I know, but I actually like 'zoodles'.  There are carbs in bread and rice too, and I doubt she's never had either in her life!  A lot of the times, it's the rich, creamy sauce you put on the pasta that adds weight.  A lot of Asians eat a stomach-full of rice three meals a day, but they're not overweight, because the soups and side dishes they have with the rice are not fattening.

I love just regular pasta, but I’m also a major fan of zoodles. My lazy ass hasn’t bought a spiralizer yet and I often just buy the pre-cut zoodles at Whole Foods. I do love zoodles with a creamy sauce, but I make a cashew-based one. It’s still delicious and full of (heathy!) fat. 

Trying to get back on topic (I could discuss food forever), I feel like if someone said “zoodles” to Charli, it would be a total Jessica Simpson “chicken of the sea” moment. She’d be like: “is that like the pasta they serve in the food court of the zoo? Scheana, did you eat zoodles when you adopted your penguin?”

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, MrsWitter said:

I love just regular pasta, but I’m also a major fan of zoodles. My lazy ass hasn’t bought a spiralizer yet and I often just buy the pre-cut zoodles at Whole Foods. I do love zoodles with a creamy sauce, but I make a cashew-based one. It’s still delicious and full of (heathy!) fat. 

Trying to get back on topic (I could discuss food forever)

Yeah, me too!  I love making cashew and spinach dip.  You may have made it before (cashew and macadamia are my favourite nuts).  Blend equal parts cold water, and cashews with either fresh or powdered onion and garlic, nutritional yeast and any kind of spice you want and pour the mixture into a frying pan.  Stir until thickened (around 3 minutes), add baby spinach leaves, mix together and pour into a bowl and serve.

Sorry, I went off topic too.  I wouldn't mind having a plate full of SUR goat cheese balls, not just three you get at the restaurant with wilted store-bought-looking salad, but fried haloumi, aka 'squeeky cheese' would be good too. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 1/22/2020 at 5:46 PM, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Methinks that same spider that bit Sandoval also crawled up his butt.

Also, I am not getting any straight vibes from Max. It’s okay Max, you can come out of the closet in WeHo.

I'm not getting any straight vibes from Brett either tbh.

• Love 4

Danica looks like the less attractive daughter of prince Andrew, can't remember which one is which....the one with the super-pronounced eyes and teeth. Eugenie or Beatrice? 

and I don't understand a man who openly brags about being little spoon, Jax is finally making sense to me.

Edited by 2dogmom
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

This season is so far very depressing.  Whoever was in charge of casting the new folks should be fired, not only for overlooking social media stuff but also these people are just boring.  It is like they looked for some of the core characteristics of the original cast - vapid, sexually busy, conflict-prone - and left our the most important: some charisma and personality.  Yeah, Jax was (is?) a sociopathic fuckboi, but he is also sometimes charming and very funny.  Max and Brett (and Brett?) are flat affect and interchangeable, making it hard to understand why these women are fighting over them.  Dayna is like Ariana lite. And Schaena is just making me sad.  

Maybe they need to just chuck the whole thing and start a new show focusing on the staff at Mother Lode....

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, 2dogmom said:

Danica looks like the less attractive daughter of prince Andrew, can't remember which one is which....the one with the super-pronounced eyes and teeth. Eugenie or Beatrice? 

I don’t know which daughter is which either, but Danica’s bulging eyes make me wonder if she might need to get her thyroid checked. Or maybe just take it down a notch with her facial reactions.
Also her hair looked purplish gray to me in some scenes, especially in the first episode. 

On 1/24/2020 at 10:27 AM, yourmomiseasy said:

Especially since I think the no underwear thing already came up in Season 1 or 2.

But this isnt what happened at all.  FI came in and was fighting with Katie and Schwartz and then Stassi came over.  She did not pounce as soon as he came in.

No, that's not how it went down. Rewatch it. FI Tom was talking to other Tom - he wasn't yelling at other Tom but he WAS whining about the bartender situation. But if Stassi hadn't walked up screaming that screaming event wouldn't have even happened. Stassi literally practically RUNS up to Sandavol (watch it!!) and immediately yells, very loudly, "Is there a frickin' issue?! What is not okay about having a bunch of customers in here buying drinks from your bar?!" 

Tom responded, in a REGULAR tone (not yell/loud), "I didn't get a single text messag---"

And then he was cut off by Stassi's next diatribe, also at a yell, "Is ti because I didn't come to you and kiss your ring?!" and she just goes on and on and on forever on her rant from there.

She's right that Tom was pissy because he wasn't included and that's it. BUT she is WRONG in the childish way she approached him and talked to him. SHE caused the scene, SHE did the temper tantrum fit in front of everyone. SHE caused the problem in public. She could have jsut talked to Tom like an adult but she wanted to make one of her little "I'm Stassi, I'm the best thing ever" little skits for everyone to see.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, SarahPrtr said:

First of all, I love all of the play-on-words nicknames you have given them.

Didn't they talk about how flimsy the uniforms are in the pilot episode and how nobody above a size 2 can wear the SUR dress?  You could scrunch up the dress and hold it in the fist of your hand because of how small they are.  "Your boobs are flopping as you're serving food... it takes me 20 minutes for me to tape myself into my dress." they said.  And how Lisa tells them to wear big nickers.  But that's all Lisa's fault for choosing a dress like that.  Why WOULD you choose that kind of dress for your restaurant staff?  So inappropriate.  I don't want to feel uncomfortable while I'm having my dinner.

Thanks! Glad you enjoy the nicknames.

I don't remember anything specific about their costumes, err, uniforms before now, but that does ring a bell.

13 hours ago, aussieinsydney said:

I'm not getting any straight vibes from Brett either tbh.

Now that you mention it, didn't he react or almost say something but catch himself in time?

• LOL 1

Stassi should have just avoided Tom but he was wrong on every level.

He sent a drunk text about a business Matter. End of story. Even if he was right on the substance (which I don’t think he was) he sent a drunk text about a business matter.

if I was Tom Schwartz I would be livid with embarrassment that my business partner did that.

if I were Lisa, I would be buying him out and telling him good luck with the rest of his life.

and of course Ariana was egging him on. Those two are never wrong about anything. They really are my least favorite cast members. If they are cast as this seasons villains getting their comeuppance I plan to enjoy watching every minute. 

• Love 8
On 1/22/2020 at 1:02 PM, njbchlover said:

When he said this, I wanted to ask Sandoval why is it okay, then, to jump back into bartending every once in a while at SUR?  (Didn't we see film of this happening in the season opener episode?)  

So, jumping in and assisting with bartending in a BAR that you "OWN" is not okay, but jumping in and picking up shifts at a competitive bar that you don't own is okay?  Wouldn't a good owner jump in and help wherever help is needed - whether it be bartending, serving, bussing - it kind of shows your employees that you're with them, and appreciate what they do. 

Wow....explain that one, Mr. Smarter than Everyone Sandoval! 

But remember how butt hurt Sandoval was when Stassi was planning events for Lisa and how it made Stassi look like she was their boss and she didn't have to work up the ladder like the rest of them after coming back.  He's a tiny little man with a giant ego and can't stand that Stassi is more successful than him and probably better liked by the fans than him.  That's likely why he showed up with the intent of making her look bad and antagonizing her.  They all know what their real jobs are.  Except Stassi's job is no longer fake like the majority of them and she's making more money than them and Tom has a 5% stake in Tom Tom but still isn't as beloved as Stassi is by her podcast fans...  YMMV. 

• Love 9
On 1/25/2020 at 3:09 PM, Mazzy said:

No, that's not how it went down. Rewatch it. FI Tom was talking to other Tom - he wasn't yelling at other Tom but he WAS whining about the bartender situation. But if Stassi hadn't walked up screaming that screaming event wouldn't have even happened. Stassi literally practically RUNS up to Sandavol (watch it!!) and immediately yells, very loudly, "Is there a frickin' issue?! What is not okay about having a bunch of customers in here buying drinks from your bar?!" 

Tom responded, in a REGULAR tone (not yell/loud), "I didn't get a single text messag---"

And then he was cut off by Stassi's next diatribe, also at a yell, "Is ti because I didn't come to you and kiss your ring?!" and she just goes on and on and on forever on her rant from there.

She's right that Tom was pissy because he wasn't included and that's it. BUT she is WRONG in the childish way she approached him and talked to him. SHE caused the scene, SHE did the temper tantrum fit in front of everyone. SHE caused the problem in public. She could have jsut talked to Tom like an adult but she wanted to make one of her little "I'm Stassi, I'm the best thing ever" little skits for everyone to see.

I've already watched it enough times.  I specifically rewatched this scene before replying originally, but thanks.  I never said FI was yelling at Schwartz.  I said he was fighting with him.  I also said Stassi didn't pounce as soon as he walked in the door, and she didn't.  We are shown that she was back signing books and kept signing while FI and Ariana argued with Schwartz and Katie.  The argument is well underway when Stassi comes over.  Stassi takes it to the next level by raising her voice, but she didn't pounce as soon as FI walked in the door.  I wasn't there, so I don't know if the scene of her signing books and saying "They're here?  Tell them to come back and I'll sign a fucking book (paraphrased as I ain't watching again)" was edited in out of sequence or not, I can only go by how things were portrayed on the show.  Maybe you were less lazy than me and actually went to the book signing.

• Love 2

Does this happen to anyone else? The women tape a confessional with a completely new “look,” and it actually startles me. They cut from a scene in the restaurant where the women look a little more natural. Then they suddenly cut to a new confessional look. The severe hair and makeup. The aggressive eyebrows. Breasts out. I think it even made me jump once. Also happens with the RHs.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I've already watched it enough times.  I specifically rewatched this scene before replying originally, but thanks.  I never said FI was yelling at Schwartz.  I said he was fighting with him.  I also said Stassi didn't pounce as soon as he walked in the door, and she didn't.  We are shown that she was back signing books and kept signing while FI and Ariana argued with Schwartz and Katie.  The argument is well underway when Stassi comes over.  Stassi takes it to the next level by raising her voice, but she didn't pounce as soon as FI walked in the door.  I wasn't there, so I don't know if the scene of her signing books and saying "They're here?  Tell them to come back and I'll sign a fucking book (paraphrased as I ain't watching again)" was edited in out of sequence or not, I can only go by how things were portrayed on the show.  Maybe you were less lazy than me and actually went to the book signing.

Easy. Find a soothing place to calm down. I saw what I watch, which was Tom Sand telling Tom Schwa that Stassi didn't say anything to him about it. The clip is on YouTube so it doesn't require rewatching more than a 2 minute clip. The convo between T&T is between them. Stassi just had to make a scene, as she always does, and stomped up to them like a child with her typical "how dare you!" It is what it is. Stassi is a four year old and Tom thinks he's more important than he is. That's it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 1/24/2020 at 11:37 PM, SarahPrtr said:

Didn't they talk about how flimsy the uniforms are in the pilot episode and how nobody above a size 2 can wear the SUR dress?  You could scrunch up the dress and hold it in the fist of your hand because of how small they are.  "Your boobs are flopping as you're serving food... it takes me 20 minutes for me to tape myself into my dress." they said.  And how Lisa tells them to wear big knickers.  But that's all Lisa's fault for choosing a dress like that.  Why WOULD you choose that kind of dress for your restaurant staff?  So inappropriate.  I don't want to feel uncomfortable while I'm having my dinner.

Remember in the 90s when women wore those black tracksuits with the two white stripes on the side and wore their hair up in a very tight, high ponytail and brown lip liner with nude colour inside the liner?  That's what Sheana reminds me of this episode.

I think they bought those uniforms because they are cheap.  They are probably like 2 for $1 at the uniform store, or wherever they get them.

I think the other poster was talking about COCAINE when referencing the "other pasta that makes you lose weight." 

OMG the brown liner, with a shiny lip gloss was my THING!  I remember shopping at the Guess store, for some cigarette pants, and the salesperson had that lip, and I was like, omg I love that look!  I marched over to Nordstrom in my chunky Steve Maddens and bought the Stella brown liner, and MAC lipgloss.  This is a true story!

On 1/25/2020 at 3:55 PM, Regalbegal said:

This season is so far very depressing.  Whoever was in charge of casting the new folks should be fired, not only for overlooking social media stuff but also these people are just boring.  It is like they looked for some of the core characteristics of the original cast - vapid, sexually busy, conflict-prone - and left our the most important: some charisma and personality.  Yeah, Jax was (is?) a sociopathic fuckboi, but he is also sometimes charming and very funny.  Max and Brett (and Brett?) are flat affect and interchangeable, making it hard to understand why these women are fighting over them.  Dayna is like Ariana lite. And Schaena is just making me sad.  

I think the producers thought that since everyone is fucking each other, it would be interesting... but these people are NOT interesting.  Or hot, for that matter.

15 hours ago, Mazzy said:

Easy. Find a soothing place to calm down. I saw what I watch, which was Tom Sand telling Tom Schwa that Stassi didn't say anything to him about it. The clip is on YouTube so it doesn't require rewatching more than a 2 minute clip. The convo between T&T is between them. Stassi just had to make a scene, as she always does, and stomped up to them like a child with her typical "how dare you!" It is what it is. Stassi is a four year old and Tom thinks he's more important than he is. That's it.

Stassi LOVES to make a scene.  She lives for it.  She's still that immature loser who needs the attention.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 1/22/2020 at 3:26 AM, biakbiak said:

Sandavol didn’t just find out about the event the night before as was shown. In addition in what fucking world is last minute staffing issues the fault of the person who is having the event and not the bar? Clearly Dumbass Schwartz was capable of figuring it out so Sandavol sending that text and than showing up when there were no issues and causing a scene is so childish and ridiculous and I hope he thought it was going to be a good storyline but that shit should make no one ever want to have an event there ever.

I am shocked that Sandoval sent that angry text message to Stassi. It is the responsibility of the restaurant to ensure that there is enough bartenders available to serve the people showing up for her book signing.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

OMG the brown liner, with a shiny lip gloss was my THING!  I remember shopping at the Guess store, for some cigarette pants, and the salesperson had that lip, and I was like, omg I love that look!  I marched over to Nordstrom in my chunky Steve Maddens and bought the Stella brown liner, and MAC lipgloss.  This is a true story!

Quoting myself to point out that this happened in 1997.  But I have heard that the brown lipliner, clear lip gloss is making a comeback... and I am on board.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2