Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 Live Chat Thread

Aethera
  • Start Topic

Kody hid his disdain for Meri for a long time. Then, he finally opened up. He was defending Meri right up until Mariah had her struggle with Meri. Kody encouraged forgiveness and mercy. I wonder what changed....her buying the B&B? It’s like something else happened that really set him off.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6

I don’t see Meri as being an easy person to be in a relationship with either. She’s very selfish, thinks she’s better than others and is fake HURT at the slightest thing. And talks in circles, whining endlessly, while saying nothing. 

• Love 14

So Meri is  mean to Robyn. No surprise that Kody doesn’t like that. But who are the kids who don’t like her?? Janelle’s? Christine’s? Inquiring minds want to know. This is the first interesting thing I’ve heard all season. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, Archer27 said:

I wonder how much time Kody spends with Janelle and Christine. 

3 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

One on one? I'm guessing zero. Not that Janelle minds lol

Meri just said that she & Kody went out to dinner a few times in 18 months.  Christine said, about two episodes ago in June or July, that Kody had frozen her out for objecting to the plyg palace at Christmas.  Time with Janelle is probably indistinguishable from time away from Janelle.

It's all Robyn all the time.

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, Grifter Lives said:

Meri just said that she & Kody went out to dinner a few times in 18 months.  Christine said, about two episodes ago in June or July, that Kody had frozen her out for objecting to the plyg palace at Christmas.  Time with Janelle is probably indistinguishable from time away from Janelle.

It's all Robyn all the time.

Yep.  And when he and Robyn were searching through the moving trucks for his special pillows (ugh), he referred to her house as “home.”  It just rolled off of his tongue.  I’m not sure who he thinks he’s fooling.

• Love 16
1 minute ago, Maire said:

So Meri is  mean to Robyn. No surprise that Kody doesn’t like that. But who are the kids who don’t like her?? Janelle’s? Christine’s? Inquiring minds want to know. This is the first interesting thing I’ve heard all season. 

I think the only kid Meri really is bothered about who she doesn’t have a good relationship with is Mariah.

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, sparrowthebrave said:

What an asshat Kody is — honestly, Meri, LEAVE his ass. He just loves torturing her and I know she’s kind of sucks, but I feel bad for her now. 

Also — Maddie’s baby: could not CARE LESS. 

Oh cmon now.... you know you want to see Maddie screaming in agony.......omg, shes screaming again...i am so not listening to her give birth again!!!!   Hell to the no!

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

While Greenville, NC has a great hospital and medical school, I’d feel more comfortable with my baby going to UNC or Duke, if necessary. That might be another reason to be near Chapel Hill. 

• Love 2

I still feel that, had Sam been real, Meri would have been gone long ago. But now she is stuck and trying to make nice.  Kody is an ass, but his saying things about her behaviors to others rings true...see Maddie’s tweet last year.  If there’s smoke there’s fire.  

1 minute ago, SunnyBeBe said:

At one point searching truck he called it Robyns house.

And he called her house “coming home”. 

• Love 9

I think Meri's need for control over everyone around her came from the fact that she could NOT control Kody.  I think Meri regretted polygamy immediately but that was non-negotiable with Kody.  

• Love 13

How many ways does he have to say he doesn't love Meri, sorry that he married her and is so over the whole thing? I wish for one time Meri would grow a backbone and tell that ass off for the divorce and the way he puts Robyn and her kids above everyone in the family. Meri get out now. You do not need to stay and have Kody take no blame for the state of the relationship. You do not have to take his crap. You do not have to leave the family just Kody. But first get your money from that family account before Robyn drains it dry. The therapist has Kody's number.

• Love 19
3 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

How many ways does he have to say he doesn't love Meri, sorry that he married her and is so over the whole thing? I wish for one time Meri would grow a backbone and tell that ass off for the divorce and the way he puts Robyn and her kids above everyone in the family. Meri get out now. You do not need to stay and have Kody take no blame for the state of the relationship. You do not have to take his crap. You do not have to leave the family just Kody. But first get your money from that family account before Robyn drains it dry. The therapist has Kody's number.

Too late. Robyn drained it dry for her new house.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

I still feel that, had Sam been real, Meri would have been gone long ago. But now she is stuck and trying to make nice.  Kody is an ass, but his saying things about her behaviors to others rings true...see Maddie’s tweet last year.  If there’s smoke there’s fire.  

And he called her house “coming home”. 

what was maddie's tweet

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Nancy's little exercises and more confident questioning makes me think she took some classes in the previous 18 months.  

I want to know how/why Kody thinks Meri deceived him into marrying her.  He's always been the one who pushed for short "courtships".  Now he talks like her deceit was always a problem, but he didn't act like he despised her in the first several years of the show.  The only thing I can think of is that she knew she would have trouble conceiving.  

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7

The only part of the show I watched tonight was the session with Nancy, and it was really cringe-worthy.  Kody basically said he regretted ever getting married to Meri because he was duped/deceived/blah blah blah and it was mistake and he never wants to go back to a real marriage with her and he only stays because of moral obligation.  WTH?  Dude, that was just plain cruel, no matter how honest it might have been.  And BLATANTLY cruel to toss that out on National TV, along with ticking off all of Meri's faults and refusing to acknowledge his part in the destruction of the relationship.   It's a two-way street.  Hey Kody -  KINDNESS would be divorcing Meri so that you both are free of each other.   Screw your "Moral obligation".

And Meri!  Get some self-respect!  Your husband CLEARLY cannot stand you in any way, shape or form.  He does not WANT a relationship with you, PERIOD. Of ANY kind.  I think Meri DOES still love Kody, and that's why she wants to get back to how SHE perceived it used to be.

And for Meri not to see that she plays victim all of the time was astounding.  It's like Janelle looking in the mirror and not seeing the chicken Mcnugget.  How is that possible?

• Love 18

I so wanted Meri to open up and say she was heartbroken when Kody asked for a divorce so he could marry Robyn. Because I believe that’s true. I also think she just did not realize how much polygamy in general would cause her pain. But god forbid she try to get Kody to acknowledge any of that. He won’t hear criticism! He is a narcissist and conveniently he has tailor-made a religion for himself where he basically gets to be God. It falls to him whether he will pull his wives through the veil after he gets his planet. Do these asshole plyg men think they have to do ANYTHING to be worthy of Heaven other than plug at least three wives? I mean,is that IT? Are they all sure there will be a Planet Kody and so no one dares get off this hell ride?

i cannot stand the idea that any woman volunteers for a religious setup in which God doesn’t see her worth as an individual but instead it’s all about the penis. I mean, I can work up quite a rant about this whole thing. WHY????

I’d also like to hear their rationale for why God allowed countless generations to live and die before He put the bug in some guy’s ear that, oh, by the way, then mens gotta poke at least 3 wives to fully ascend to heaven. Sorry about all those who didn’t get the memo and are frying in hell or whatever.

Sorry, I know is sound drunk. I’m not. I just want to slap the shit out of Kody and shake Meri. 

• Love 18
(edited)
3 hours ago, Maire said:

Plenty of parents have rocky relationships with their kids. That may be something Meri needs to work on but what the hell does that have to do with her relationship with you, Jackass? Maybe some of the kids are following your lead and thinks it’s OK to treat her like shit?

and quit giving her mixed messages. You all but cuss her out and say you’re done but oh, sure, Nancy - I believe you when you say there’s hope and I’ll work on it. Except I won’t. 

just let Meri go. Hell, you’re already divorced. I sincerely hope she’s not trapped with you because the family will be expected to shun her if she formally leaves   

Edited by Tabbygirl521
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, smarty2020 said:

I think Meri's need for control over everyone around her came from the fact that she could NOT control Kody.  I think Meri regretted polygamy immediately but that was non-negotiable with Kody.  

I think that all began when her dad decided to take on more wives, I think they had to take a back seat to the new wives and she has never wanted that to happen to her.  I think they all gave in to her just so she would shut up.  I believe that Kody is now to the end of his rope with her and isn't going to take her garbage anymore.  I don't believe that he wasn't in love with her.  I don't think he was tricked other than she didn't show her true self until he got ready to take on another wife.

I believe that she has met her match with Robyn.  Robyn played a better game, was slim and had a VS wardrobe that Meri would never be able to compete with.  Plus she was 10-11 years younger than Meri.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, jaybird2 said:

what was maddie's tweet

Maddie made a cryptic tweet about "someone who was a monster to me my entire life and how loyalty was for people who were always kind" then she immediately deleted the tweet but some fast folks got a screen shot.

It fit perfectly time wise with Maddie signing up for LLR under Christine instead of Meri.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, smarty2020 said:

Nancy wins the internet with her comment to Kody "I've never seen you NOT get your way".

Nancy obviously doesn't know Robyn.... Kody never gets his way when it comes to Robyn... She says "Jump" and Kody says "how high?" 🙄

• Love 9

Thank you so much for finding that for the new-er people here who haven't seen it. I knew you would!

It brings to mind "Beware the one who stabs you and tells the world they are the one who is bleeding."

• Love 11
(edited)
37 minutes ago, suzywallis said:

Day-um.  Did Meri say something about Maddie? 

Meri had tweeted something about people who treated selling LLRags as a hobby business.  There must of have been some prior interaction between Meri and Maddie because Maddie took the remark personally.  Maddie is part of Meri's downline, so she has a vested interest in Maddie buying as much inventory as possible.  This would be Meri's clumsy way of "motivating" her team to get the stick out and make her as rich as she feels she deserves to be.

Edited by Sandy W
ETA. Just to clarify, Maddie is part of Christine's downline, who is directly under Meri, making Maddie part of Meri's pyramid.
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4

I have nothing against Maddie in general, but deal me out on the next episode.  No screams, no moaning for Caleb, and no exploiting the newborn with incubator pics and ambulances rushing off to...somewhere.  This season is gonna be it for me, I can't take this idiotic family anymore.  However, the snark here is too good to pass up, so I'll continue to partake.

And, that session between Meri and Kootie was downright painful.  Holy cow, there's nothing left but ashes from their relationship.  After watching that I felt I needed a shower.  ☹

• Love 16

Hi there, I’m new. Hope you’re all safe and sound

i so hate to say this, but Meri drives me crazy. She’s indecisive, self pitying, melodramatic, passively vicious to all three sister wives, constantly vying for Kodys attention, even negative. She exploits the fact that she only had one child. The truth is that every time she should have downsized her home, she pulled that card. Ridiculous 

• Love 8

Kody sounded like the guy who is going to  go off with his new twenty something sweetie...and says to his wife of many years...I NEVER LOVED YOU ANYWAY!!!

Kody you are a small excuse for a MAN....Meri has many faults but being victimized by you in front of TV nation proves  that you are worthless. 

• Love 12
On 4/7/2020 at 7:45 PM, ValRos said:

Hi there, I’m new. Hope you’re all safe and sound

i so hate to say this, but Meri drives me crazy. She’s indecisive, self pitying, melodramatic, passively vicious to all three sister wives, constantly vying for Kodys attention, even negative. She exploits the fact that she only had one child. The truth is that every time she should have downsized her home, she pulled that card. Ridiculous 

Welcome ValRos, you are in good company here. We are not always in accord with each other's opinion but you won't find discord among the ranks.

Look forward to chatting with you and sharing thoughts. 💁‍♀️

• Love 8

So I have a question on the preview.  
It looks like the baby, in a clear incubator, is strapped onto the top of the ambulance and is bouncing down the street, instead of IN the ambulance.  I saw it several times.  WTF?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

It looks like the baby, in a clear incubator, is strapped onto the top of the ambulance and is bouncing down the street, instead of IN the ambulance.  I saw it several times.  WTF?

Thank you! I was wondering about that as well.

I'm also wondering if some of the shots of an ambulance were actually Evie K.... One in particular reminded me of the cop car scenes and sirens in the past that had nothing to do with the Brown's

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

She's two days shy of 40 weeks, but she's still 2 hours away from the birthing center, and Caleb may be working 5 hours away.  Kody's on standby. . . in AZ.  Typical Brown Chaos (TM)!

Now, in honor of Easter, a montage of Robyn's prophecies: God will provide a rental.

The appraisal is $20K above purchase price is a good deal?  It's a $1M house.  $20K's barely a rounding error.

• Love 8
On 4/8/2020 at 10:29 PM, Meowwww said:

I think the same thing every time I see that scene. I mean, that can't be right, but it seriously looks like she's just strapped to a moving ambulance. 

Just now, peaceknit said:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but what is that on Janelle's lip? It looks like skin cancer, BCC.

It's a Chicken McNugget!  (Credit to an earlier poster who has implanted that image in my mind)

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I wonder if Robyn has seen where Rose and her father live on 90 Day Fiancé.......she needs to stop with her complaining. And she complains that Kody is on the mortgage? How would she qualify with no income? Lol

• LOL 4
  • Love 7