Type keyword(s) to search

Season 11 Live Chat Thread

Aethera
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

Statistically, sitting in a warm bath during labor shortens the labor by about 30 minutes.

I think the rationale behind the warm bath is to help the uterine muscles relax.  Maddie is a poor candidate for natural childbirth, she didn't equip herself with information about the process beforehand.  With few exceptions, the female body is designed to give birth and understanding what is happening make it less of an ordeal.  Knowledge is power.

Back in 1959 when I was pregnant with my first, my family physician who delivered all my children, explained what I would be experiencing throughout the pregnancy.  He didn't use the term Braxton-Hicks that I recall but he did illustrate to me by the use of diagrams, that the uterine muscles would be flexing in the late stages of pregnancy to strengthen themselves for the birth process.  Too bad no one explained this to Maddie and she has to wait until when/if she arrives in heaven to ask God why he invented B-H.

Edited by Sandy W
pregnant in 1959, delivered in 1960
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

So did I hear wrong? I swear they said Maddie got into the tub to slow her labor, to give Caleb time to arrive.

This show...

I thought that is what she said too.  Maybe she thought that because she spent a large part of her 86 hour labor with Axel in Janelle's dirty tub, that accounted for the prolonged time in labor.  My understanding is that the purpose of slipping into a warm tub helps the muscles relax, making the process less painful.  If she thought that by getting into the tub would delay the birth to accommodate the arrival of Caleb, she is going against her natural birth idea.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Thanks, @Sandy W. Dr. Google agrees and says a warm bath helps relax the perineum, too. So I guess Maddie was getting great advice OR whoever said that (and I think it was Janelle, who you’d think would know better) misspoke.

In other news, I still want to know their quarantine logistics. Where’s Kody? Where o where?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

In other news, I still want to know their quarantine logistics. Where’s Kody? Where o where?

Why do you even ask?  He's where he's always been - in Robyn and his house.

Edited by Kyanight
OUCH! The grammar!
  • Love 9
15 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

The appraisal is $20K above purchase price is a good deal?  It's a $1M house.  $20K's barely a rounding error.

While I have only purchased one house, I learned after that "appraisals" will vary greatly.  Always look for what the property tax assessment is.  A mortgage company will bring in an appraisal that lines up exactly with what they want to close the deal and line everything up for the mortgage approval.  It often has little to do with what the house is actually worth.

1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

oh yes!  Janelle kinda gave it away when she commented that he is video calling the kids. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Roslyn said:
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

oh yes!  Janelle kinda gave it away when she commented that he is video calling the kids. 

I don't know why he even bothers.  He doesn't know the first thing about any of the kids who aren't Robyn's - probably not even their names.

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I don't know why he even bothers.  He doesn't know the first thing about any of the kids who aren't Robyn's - probably not even their names.

Oh he knows their names!  He likes to brag on camera over the years how "I can name ALL my children in ORDER!" As if that is a great accomplishment for a father.

At what grade do kids memorize the capitals of the 50 states?  It's like an old fashioned parlor trick.

• LOL 11
3 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

I didn't notice Christine's daughter in any of the scenes in North Carolina.  Was she there?

Didn't they say it was a couple weeks or something?.... Maybe Christine and Ysabel went home and just Christine came back?.... I was having a hard time watching because it was such a boring episode so I probably missed portions. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

I didn't notice Christine's daughter in any of the scenes in North Carolina.  Was she there?

8 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Didn't they say it was a couple weeks or something?.... Maybe Christine and Ysabel went home and just Christine came back?.... I was having a hard time watching because it was such a boring episode so I probably missed portions. 

Wasn't the birthdate August 20?  Ysabel was probably in school.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

They will never admit it, maybe even after their TLC gig ends.  Kootie absolutely divides his time 4 ways equally, even though he hates Meri, and never gives Janelle and Christine any credit for keeping their farce family together so they can pretend everything is just dandy.

HaHa!  You didn't rilly think I was serious?  Like our @Kyanight says, Robyn is the only wife that gets Kootie's presence these days.  Squeaky wheel.

• Love 11

He does not spend ALL his time at Robyn's.  Remember the convo they were having about pillows?  She has just "pretty" pillows in the bed, and when Kody comes home he said, he has to get his pillow out of the closet.  The most revealing part of the convo is that he called Robyn's house "home" when speaking to her.  I wonder if that is the case with the other wives.

• Love 9