Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: I Don't Have A Choice

• Start Topic

Anna reveals big news to her family. Angela fights for Michael's visa. Syngin needs more from Tania. Mike has tough questions for Natalie. Betsy grills Sasha about his past. Anny cries shopping for a wedding dress. Blake's mom attempts to bond with Jasmin.

16 minutes ago, Zevious Zoquis said:

Way to go Anna try and make mursel stay by guilt-tripping him about your kids

The same kids who hate him and made it clear they wanted him gone are all of a sudden acting like Morsel ever bothered trying to communicate with them, much less bond with them.

TrashcAngela's cognitive dissonance is making me want to scream at my TV. The sheer audacity of her saying "Stop protecting people who didn't ask to be protected. I don't need your protection, I protect myself," with respect to why Mykull's visa was denied! Holy crap, thank dog she only has that one, dusty old egg left. A Mykull/trashcAngela spawn is the last thing that needs to happen. 

Edited by FrancescaFiore
  • Love 21

I think Mursel is the victim of some unfair editing maybe.  It's hard for me to believe he's made so little effort to connect with Anna's kids.  Otoh, the older boy had pretty much decided against him right from the get go so he had an up-hill battle no matter what.

• Love 16

So Anna has to pay for Mursels hotel room, he is such a baby in so many ways, what did she ever see in him anyways? She will probably be paying for his airfare home too if that is the case.  I can't believe someone his age is that broke.....he is obviously using her.  They're both idiots.

• Love 22
20 minutes ago, PityFree said:

Also Blakes mom?  Blake and Jasmine are responsible for paying for their own wedding. If their parents want to chip in? Cool. If not? Too bad, so sad.

Really ~ it doesn't sound like she's even planning to have a wedding....why bother if you can't afford it?

• Love 4

Emily's sistie-ugler sure is jealous. Lose the Inquisition, stinker. (Written before I saw him tossing all the food. Maybe it's his way of getting back at her, but it sure was rude.

Anna's son Joey is not likeable. For his own reasons, he didn't want the relationship, made absolutely no effort to even be barely polite and now that his mom is heartbroken, he doesn't even have the grace to have even a smidgen of empathy for her. He's just "annoyed."

I know she took forever to make the right choice, but in the end, she chose her children over him just as she always said she would

and she refused to keep her children a secret. It seems she expected at some point he would come clean. He only did so at her insistence, so I don't think that at any point in time she intended to keep the status quo.

Tanya; selfish and clueless to the nth degree.

Frozen Finn thinks seasonings are unhealthy.???

Edited by renatae
  • Love 10

Tania and Syngin - step away from marriage right now. Both of you need to have a talk about what is realistic for your lifestyle. Tania, you can't be selfish and do what you want, when you want, and account to no one. Your fiancé loves you and worries about your behavior. He is not 'clingy' - just concerned. He met you at a bar and you still seem to be a bit of a bar girl. You have communication issues and some unrealistic ideas of what marriage is. A partnership.

Blake and Jasmin - still weird and both don't seem very compatible. Jasmin, you don't have to be your husband's music's biggest fan. But you should be supportive. I can't imagine coming home to a pale, baked chicken breast, rice cooked in water without a dash of salt added, and salad or plain veggies. I don't normally use butter with veggies unless it's stuff like fresh carrots or cauliflower. Her meals would match her hair, her facial fillers, and sunny disposition.

Both you and Blake are old enough to pay for your own wedding. Mama Blake probably does not like you and will not pay for your wedding day. Nothing like a courthouse wedding and a fancy party later on.

Sasha and Emily - you are staying rent-free at your fiancé's sister's apartment. She cannot afford to feed you all on a long-term basis. A few days' stay is fine, a week starts to get to the imposing stage. You have zero business throwing her food away even if you do think it is junk food. Maybe make a nice meal for her since you know your way around so-called proper food.

Anny and Robert - Robert's sister seems nice and Anny needs some sort of friend. Robert misrepresented himself to her and made her some promises he really couldn't keep. That is on him. He could have said he was not well-off, i.e. poor. The first wedding dress looked better on her, but she found one at a price that worked, so it all worked out.

Anna and Mursel - why? Why guilt your oldest child and set up a dysfunctional relationship with him? An older kid probably is not going to bond with any man over a short timeframe. Mursel has been immature and can't tell his parents the truth about you having three kids. Maybe it's not the 70s Brady Bunch insta-family, but blending a family takes time and work. Mursel has to earn his place in your kids' life. Instead he comes across as a blubbering coward.

Angela - oh dear. I-yi-yi with the top and all the stuff stuffed into it. Whoever is processing the visa would be a bit suspicious of your relationship with My-kull. You want to marry him? Do so in Nigeria and then again in the US if he gets the spousal visa. I can't imagine that there aren't other American women who would not show an interest in him. Why is he hitching his wagon to a bleached out, busted, abusive, abrasive, toting-everything-but-the-kitchen sink in her tank top star?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15

West coast here , so just started watching and am so distracted by Mother Anna  hooded fatty deposited  eyelids.  Those are worse than I have seen online. 

The lack of self awareness someone must have in order to believe some young rap star is really in love with Angela lite ,mind boggling. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, renatae said:

Emily's sistie-ugler sure is jealous. Lose the Inquisition, stinker.

Anna's son Joey is not likeable. For his own reasons, he didn't want the relationship, and now that his mom is heartbroken, he doesn't even have the grace to have even a smidgen of empathy for her. He's just "annoyed." I know she didn't make good choices, but, hey, she liked the guy and she refused to keep her children a secret.

Tanya; selfish and clueless to the nth degree.

Frozen Finn thinks seasonings are unhealthy.???

Once Emily's sister gets to know the real Sasha, she won't be jealous - better you than me.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, endure said:

2 hours ago, PityFree said:

Also Blakes mom?  Blake and Jasmine are responsible for paying for their own wedding. If their parents want to chip in? Cool. If not? Too bad, so sad.

It has always been the way Blake’s mom said in formal weddings. Of course it may have evolved into something else due to the rules being relaxed these days. But formally the brides family pays for everything except the rehearsal dinner.

AND... I actually could not take a second more of Tania! Have never been that annoyed with any of them. Just skipped ahead to the next scene.

Edited by ethalfrida
  • Love 12
21 minutes ago, ethalfrida said:

It has always been the way Blake’s mom said in formal weddings. Of course it may have evolved into something else due to the rules being relaxed these days. But formally the brides family pays for everything except the rehearsal dinner.

Is a rehearsal dinner meant to practice eating a meal with people you'll end up hating in six months? (I kid.) I thought the groom's family was supposed to foot the bill for the booze at the wedding as well. Or maybe that was just my dad knowing that he could drink anyone under the table but he didn't want to pay for it. 

We didn't have a rehearsal dinner because we had a small living room wedding so my mom and my mother-in-law split the cost of a cheese tray and a grocery store sheet cake. No shot gun involved, I swear. We just didn't want to start out married life in debt and it was less about the wedding and more about making it easier to get on the husband's medical and dental plan.  Both sides found their financial obligations reasonable. 

• Love 15

When I met my husband he was undocumented. There are SO MANY people that married a friend to get the green card. I know at least two people who paid someone to marry them, and they only saw them two or three times in their lives. It's crazy to me that it's that difficult for Angela and Michael. I think what Michael said is that in the interview he talked about also bringing his mother over to "see the wedding." IMO that's what did it. They know she will stay and never go back. Then when Michael gets his citizenship, he can sponsor her. It's crazy to me how difficult it is to bring someone over, but there are literally millions of people already here that are undocumented, that can get married and be green like that. Yet people who do it the right way, and follow all the rules and pay all the money can't get in? It's such a broken dumb system.

For some reason I never understood what was wrong with Jasmin, but when the mom called her a diva, I finally got it. She's intentionally putting up these boundaries and being a bitch on purpose. The thing is, if she's so much better than everyone, she wouldn't be there. Poor Blake is her best option. What is she going to do when her fillers need redone? Go back to Finland?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

Is a rehearsal dinner meant to practice eating a meal with people you'll end up hating in six months?

Remember, Jasmin doesn’t like to talk and eat at the same time. She’ll be scintillating at the dinner 

• LOL 23
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Zevious Zoquis said:

I think Mursel is the victim of some unfair editing maybe.  It's hard for me to believe he's made so little effort to connect with Anna's kids.  Otoh, the older boy had pretty much decided against him right from the get go so he had an up-hill battle no matter what.

He hasn't a leg to stand on if a) he knew Anna had the boys and b) he knew his family in Turkey would reject the situation.  This is a social more problem that he was personally responsible for.  There is no unfair editing - the situation is quite clear and really not able to be edited any other way.  

Anna had the boys; she didn't hide it from him, he was well aware; he knew his family, based on their culture, would reject the situation.

Someone reported elsewhere in one of the earlier episodes that the translations were faulty, but the rejection of the boys should never have been allowed to happen, long before Mursal came to the US.

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, RealReality said:

1,000,000x this.  No, in fact 1,000,000,000x this.  

Mursel inserted himself into their life and was a jerk from the jump.  Those kids were only good for bussing his dishes and bringing up his luggage.  He had no use for them and never even tried to bond with him 

As an adult male who wanted to marry their mother MURSEL should have been the one to make the effort.  Instead the kids reached out to him by asking questions and offering to play video games and were slapped down at every turn.  

Kind of like that engagement ring commercial where the guy asks the woman's son permission? 

8 minutes ago, b2H said:

And Tania's sister pretty much confirmed what we have already seen - Tania has always been a self-absorbed individual.  The women Tania is hanging with in CR are short-term friends who are seeing only one side of the story - f'rinstance, has she bothered to tell them that he is there for 90 days and she abandoned him for 30 of those days with no safety net?  Of course not, because she doesn't see that as a problem and she has no accountability for her actions.

Syngyn is put in the middle of her self-absorption and it isn't going to get any better.  He means nothing to her.  Nothing.

And Syngyn seems to be a real nice guy, who cares for her and is very easy on the eyes! WTF does he see in her? 

• Love 21

I think I "hearted" every post so far, there are no likeable people on this show except for Robert's sister.

Emily says to her Russian ne'er do well that money is running low so they should get married asap, how is that going to get them money?  Throwing your hosts food away is a ballsy move, I would have thrown away his cell phone while maintaining eye contact with him all the while.  For the record, I have no junk food in my house, none because I will eat it till I am sick then I throw out what is left, seems odd that none of those packages were open, like they were planted there as a prop.

That Finnish girl...butter wouldn't melt in her mouth.  All that talk about who pays for the wedding is stupid, who are they inviting anyway?  Go to the courthouse and get married, I bet they have to borrow money for the marriage licsense.

Anna and her Turkish Taffy, oy. First off when Murcel speaks it sounds like he is speaking Klingon, he has a very choppy speech pattern. Anna is very immature, her kids all looked like they were stifling smirks, that woman with the fatty deposits on her eyes will not be nominated for an Emmy, she delivered her lines but her lack of facial expression gave her away.

Anny and Robert, her wanting sex 3 times a day, yeah right, she wants whatever Robert cannot give her. How do they even have intimacy?  I thought the wedding dress was okay, funny how it fit her and it was in her price range and she could walk out of the store with it that day but what about a veil, shoes, etc...Robert's sister seems like a nice person and smarter than her brother.

Mike and Nutty Natalie, you know they will get the visa and that toothless man who lives with Mike will move out because Natalie will make him crazy with the hystrionics.

I would love to hear what each person loves about their "soul mate," also I would like to hear their answers to what the know about eachother.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
I type quickly trying to get my thoughts out...mistakes are made.
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Emily says to her Russian ne'er do well that money is running low so they should get married asap, how is that going to get them money? 

I think on other seasons they said that speeds up the green card so he can start working sooner.

• Useful 2