Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: I Don't Have A Choice

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

West coast here , so just started watching and am so distracted by Mother Anna  hooded fatty deposited  eyelids.  Those are worse than I have seen online. 

The first time we saw Anna's mother, I learned via Dr. Google that they are the result of high cholesterol. A couple of weeks later, when a woman was shown on Doctor Pimple Popper with the same deposits in her under eye area, I was able to diagnose the condition even before she saw the doctor! Dr. Lee was able to remove them. 

While I'm on the subject of dermatological conditions, I'm not sure removing Anna's moles is a simple procedure. My husband had a similar raised mole on his cheek that he was very self-conscious about but the doctor was reluctant to remove it for purely cosmetic reasons citing that it could make things worse because moles have deep roots and can leave a crater when they're removed. She did finally remove it a couple of years ago and it required quite a long incision and several stitches but fortunately it has healed well and is no longer visible. 

• Love 8
17 hours ago, renatae said:

Frozen Finn thinks seasonings are unhealthy.???

This absolutely slayed me and I am still laughing. She's heavy into self denial. Not even a sprig of parsley (rich in vitamin C!) for the Frozen Finn. In another age she'd be wearing a hairshirt or spending hours a day on her knees in a cold church.She wants to stay thin. If your food tastes like wallpaper paste its easier not to overindulge.  In the live chat thread I suggested that she and Sasha should hook up. They could go to the gym, then eat flavorless, unseasoned, "healthy" food together. 

16 hours ago, Callaphera said:

I get the feeling that Joey is not so much Anna's son as much as he almost has to play an equal household figure to her. After watching Anna act out her pathetic teenager romance novel fantasies with both Joey and Mursel, I think Joey is both used to being more mature than his mom and sick of her shit because he's had to listen to it for a long time. 

Joey and Mollie's daughter Livy should start a support group. With Darcey's girls and maybe Eric's daughter Tasha. Jesus Christ. The havoc wreaked on these kids is horrific. 

6 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

That Finnish girl...butter wouldn't melt in her mouth.  All that talk about who pays for the wedding is stupid, who are they inviting anyway?  Go to the courthouse and get married, I bet they have to borrow money for the marriage licsense.

Anna and her Turkish Taffy, oy. First off when Murcel speaks it sounds like he is speaking Klingon, he has a very choppy speech pattern. Anna is very immature, her kids all looked like they were stifling smirks, that woman with the fatty diposits on her eyes will not be nominated for an Emmy, she delivered her lines but her lack of facial expression gave her away.

Anny and Robert, her wanting sex 3 times a day, yeah right, she wants whatever Robert cannot give her. How do they even have intimacy?  I thought the wedding dress was okay, funny how it fit her and it was in her price range and she could walk out of the store with it that day but what about a veil, shoes, etc...Robert's sister seems like a nice person and smarter than her brother.

Mike and Nutty Natalie, you know they will get the visa and that toothless man who lives with Mike will move out because Natalie will make him crazy with the hystrionics.

I would love to hear what each person loves about their "soul mate," also I would like to hear their answers to what the know about eachother.

Jasmine has probably not tasted butter since 2005.

Mursel sounding like he's speaking Klingon--hahahahahahahaha! this made me laugh very heartily. 

Robert: "do you love me or do you love sex?". Never in my lifetime have I heard a man whinge that his woman wanted too much sex.

Uncle Bo will disappear into the woods and never be seen again. And not of his own volition. That Natalie is crazy as a shithouse rat. 

I bet none of these guys know each other's favorite color. 

3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I don't think Syngin would have much of a problem. He can do better. She wants to have her cake and eat it too. Meanwhile he is living in a shed, new to this country and bored. 

IN PT, Molly said something to the effect after all this, how nice it is to have someone who watches out for you, who wants to make sure you made it home safe. 

Syngin's cute accent and luxuriant locks would score him all the local booty he could handle. No question. 

Seriously, if "Home safe! Love you!" is "too much of a commitment" for Tania, they should never have even entertained the notion of getting married. "For better, for worse--wait, I can't promise that!" 

2 hours ago, FrancescaFiore said:

Something that's bothered me since last night's episode aired: Why does Anna start speaking in broken English to Morsel after they break up? Especially on the phone - "You, me finished." I found that very odd. I could also see through Morsel's "I just want to see her one last time, to hold her hair (??)" as meaning "I just want to get laid one last time, since there's not a hint of trim in my Turkish future."

She reminded me of no one so much as Mirna on season five of The Amazing Race. Miss Alli at TWOP christened her weird way of speaking to locals in some weird accent as "Mirnese". 

• LOL 5
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, BallisticNikki said:

I have to wonder then why she didn't just lie to her friends and family about this. Why did she tell them? It's not an ideal situation; she had to know she'd at least get side eyd over that.

I was assuming that Mursel knew his parents wouldn't be visiting...they haven't shown any interest in attending the wedding.

I'm thinking there are a lot of Annas out here today. Lonely sing moms who are so desperate to get married, they will agree to almost anything if a guy proposes.

Not even his parents, but there has to be someone in the extended family....a cousin, niece, nephew, aunt, uncle who'd want to visit the US and stay for a while.  

My family is the first generation in the US and I can tell you that when any family or friends visit from the home country.....it's a long ass visit.  A month at the very least.  We have a cousin who came to the US in I think like October/September.....and I think she is still here.  

So, Anna would have to put her kids out for like a month at least if any of mursel's people came for a visit.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Maybe they would have engaged with Anna, but maybe not.  They have known Anna her entire life and if she isn't very careful or studious about her beekeeping it may not be interesting to partake in the hobby with her. 

So, he should have tried.  Or even tried Turkish music dance party.  Kids, especially little kids, really don't require much 

But again, we have no idea what he didn't do (although I think Mursel coming up with a Turkish dance party to connect with children would be asking a lot of the person we're seeing).

The fact that we don't see it has nothing to do with whether it happened.  If his life is only what TLC presents, the poor man hasn't had a bowel movement in months. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

But again, we have no idea what he didn't do (although I think Mursel coming up with a Turkish dance party to connect with children would be asking a lot of the person we're seeing).

The fact that we don't see it has nothing to do with whether it happened.  If his life is only what TLC presents, the poor man hasn't had a bowel movement in months. 

But we can only know what we see, hypothetically mursel could be doing complicated math equations.  But we shouldn't assume that's happening because we didn't see it.  

We can only know what we see and I think that's the only basis upon which we can really judge or make presumptions. 

And if I were to hypothesize based on what I've seen I STILL would bet money mursel hasn't made any effort because when the kids made a very clear effort with him, he rejected it.  

That makes me think that he has no interest in making any connection with those kids.  

If we can't expect much from a grown ass man who made the decision to move to another country and insert himself in these kids lives why should anything be expected from the children?  Why should they have to put out the effort?  Especially when they have and were summarily rejected? 

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

I agree to everything you said.  Why did Anna have to tell her boys every sordid detail in the first place.  She should have told them a good friend was coming for a visit for awhile from another country.  She could have had sex with him when they went to school or something.  Kids have enough on their plate without a Father and what growing up entails.  Why get them all upset with all her business?  Kids come first, and should be protected.  Now, the oldest boy will have guilt that he made his Mother unhappy and she’s crying all the time.  That kind of kid is the type to go and join the military to get away from the disfunction in the house.  Selfish mother.  I don’t fall for her crying every minute over a guy she hardly knows, and do not like her.  P.S.  I could just see myself sleeping with a stranger in my bed with my son knowing.  Holy shit!!!! My son would raise the roof or leave the house.  Shame on her, the horny bitch.

Per the end of your post:  My then fiance took my younger son to college.  Son and I were in one room, fiance in his own room on another floor!    Amen to you (and others) saying she is sleeping with a STRANGER.  You met online, you talk online...you are strangers, you are not dating you are communicating online!  

• Love 9

@Pepper Mostly, the thought of unseasoned food is unpalatable. I like some bland food, but I would not cook a chicken breast without shake and bake or some other cover or seasoning. The cooked white blob on the plate would be unappetizing. I like the Costco garlic and red pepper seasoned chicken breasts - those are unusually large and last 2 dinners for me. I don’t eat the skin.

Edited by Frozendiva
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

the thought of unseasoned food is unpalatable. I like some bland food,

Right? To say that seasoning isn't healthy is so weird. If you're avoiding butter and cream and olive oil and all that deliciousness, to shake things up with some red pepper flakes and lemon and capers and so many other flavorings is the best way to make sure food tastes good. Jasmine is nuts. 

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Right? To say that seasoning isn't healthy is so weird. If you're avoiding butter and cream and olive oil and all that deliciousness, to shake things up with some red pepper flakes and lemon and capers and so many other flavorings is the best way to make sure food tastes good. Jasmine is nuts. 

That’s beyond bizarre, most seasonings don’t even have calories or enough to even make a blip in your nutrition. But she’s as bland as they come.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

I will make my cream and dill and onion baby potatoes twice a summer and eat them. And enjoy them. I don’t like a lot of rich foods and foods with a lot of sauces and gravies. Some veggies get some butter, others do not. You do need some good fats. Jasmin probably just wants to stay thin, as you, or someone else said.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

I will make my cream and dill and onion baby potatoes twice a summer and eat them. And enjoy them. I don’t like a lot of rich foods and foods with a lot of sauces and gravies. Some veggies get some butter, others do not. You do need some good fats. Jasmin probably just wants to stay thin, as you, or someone else said.

At her age, all I had to do was run half an hour a day, six days a week.  I only wish I had enjoyed even more food, because it was glorious.  

• Love 5
11 hours ago, RealReality said:

1,000,000x this.  No, in fact 1,000,000,000x this.  

Mursel inserted himself into their life and was a jerk from the jump.  Those kids were only good for bussing his dishes and bringing up his luggage.  He had no use for them and never even tried to bond with him 

As an adult male who wanted to marry their mother MURSEL should have been the one to make the effort.  Instead the kids reached out to him by asking questions and offering to play video games and were slapped down at every turn.  

When I was 17, my mother had been single for five years after my father left.  She met a guy at Parents Without Partners and when he showed up for their first date, he invited me to come along.  He moved in a few months later, they married three years later, and he was like a second father to me.  What a wonderful man he was.  My mother didn't appreciate him after they married.  He died in late 2000 and I still miss him terribly.

THAT's how you reach out to someone's kids.

• Love 15
7 hours ago, Silver Bells said:

She’s garbage, and just wants to party.  Not the type at all to stay home with kids. He’d better find someone else.  Hmmm, ... Darcy lives in Connecticut too. Lol.

Darcy is in Middletown - that is only about half an hour from Colchester.

Someone should tell him.

7 hours ago, Silver Bells said:
Edited by b2H
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

When Anna said in the beginning of the season that the youngest son was her favorite I already figured she was not the best parent. Then to risk it all for Mursel, once the sexual honeymoon phase is over she is stuck with the Turkish village idiot. Smart mouthed kids usually get on my nerves but I have to admit that I was rooting for her sons when they spoke up about Mursel.

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14

I felt so bad for Anna’s youngest in his TH when he said he feels sad for his mother because she’s upset about Mursel. I don’t think we should hide all our feelings from our kids but she’s making her problems their problems. It just struck me how much empathy he was showing for her when she couldn’t give two fucks about them. 

And really, which of her friends is going to be jealous of her hooking up with Turkey’s braintrust?

• LOL 5
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Uncle Bo will disappear into the woods and never be seen again. And not of his own volition. That Natalie is crazy as a shithouse rat. 

Given his disturbingly long criminal record it's more likely they'd end up in their own little Sequim Hunger Games!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

And really, which of her friends is going to be jealous of her hooking up with Turkey’s braintrust?

No kidding!!  Like who the hell wants THAT?  He is just so unappealing.  Small head, zero personality, dislikes America, dislikes her food, dislikes her kids, tells her she can't drink - what a catch!  Spineless and won't stand up to his family.  Someone here (or maybe it was IG) suggested his parents are 100% bankrolling his life, hence the control over him.  I do think Anna was his first sexual experience.  He seems so sheltered and weird.

Tonia - if you think Syngin is clingy, wait till a baby arrives.  Let me tell you - those little buggers are stage five clingers, lol!!!  Good Lord, my hubs goes to his hunting cabin, I request a text telling me he is there.  No biggie.  I text back telling him I love you, then that is that.  It takes about 45 seconds total.

Frozen Finn is rude.  Go make lunch with Blake's mom and make nice.  She sits there, clearly agitated, and you can tell she was wanting to go back to her room and be alone.  No, you help cook, you eat unless there is an allergy/religious reason, and then ask Mom if she needs anything or wants to do errands together.

Robert/Anny - I already unloaded on him but let me go at this again:  You can shut it with calling Anny a "lazy ass" for being in bed at 5am.  She is giving you free daycare so you can sit your ass down.  You are working, yes, but you are sitting in a car and driving.  Not exactly Mensa material nor is it lifting concrete in and out of trucks all day.  I am NOT chapping on Uber/Lyft drivers - not at all - but he can spare me with the poor hardworking me routine.  You pick people up, follow a GPS and drop them off.  Someone needs to tell SisterRobert that if Anny's expectations are high, Robert put them there.  I can just hear his drawl:  "Oh Anny, I am gonna take you shopping, gonna buy you this, gonna treat my lady right!!"  SisterRobert should be horrified that Bryson is sleeping in the same room, let alone the same BED as two people, one of who is very vocal about wanting coitus three times a day.  And Robert, you can double sit your ass down - complaining she wants sex all the time?  Yeah, most guys would agree with you.......(insert eyeroll here)

Angela:  GET A BRA THAT FITS.  And clothes that flatter you.  So her lawyer said to wait it out, and perhaps try for the spousal visa, either way you are looking at 18 months.  His lawyer says get married here and you will be in the US in a few weeks.  Did I hear that correctly?  So now Meemaw has to takes two weeks to fly to Nigeria and verbally berate Michael for blowing the interview.  It was not voodoo that lost your passport, dimwit - it was your shitty housekeeping.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • LOL 2
  • Love 17
29 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

His lawyer says get married here and you will be in the US in a few weeks.  

I just rewatched that scene and didn’t hear Micheal’s attorney give him any kind of timeline, only that their best course of action would be to get married in Nigeria then apply for a K-3 spousal Visa. 

I also watched the chaotic Angela packing for Nigeria scene and I wonder who this woman is? 

D8F96DED-A0D9-41DB-82C2-8356A0FB3C88.jpeg

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Between Tania shed, her not wanting to be "accountable", her behavior on this super serious witch doctor school that she needed to dump Schengen alone in the US I'm still really confused on what her "plan" is as far as having children, a career and a husband.

Like does she think once she becomes a witch doctor that money just manifests itself? Because I feel like it's not an easy business to get off the ground even for people with the focus and attention to detail of PICKING UP CLOTHES FROM YOUR SHED THAT YOU PLAN ON LIVING IN.

The overall sense that I get from Tania is that she wants to "be" someone, a witch doctor, a wife, a parent but has absolutely no intention on actually doing anything like HAVING A FUCKING REAL JOB.

Edited by John M
  • Love 21
8 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I just rewatched that scene and didn’t hear Micheal’s attorney give him any kind of timeline, only that their best course of action would be to get married in Nigeria then apply for a K-3 spousal Visa.

Thank you!  I swore I heard it but holy moly keeping these fools straight is a job!!!!  Angela can shut it over her mom wanting to see her married.  No one cares, Angela. Who takes care of Mother Angela and the squadron of kids when she is gone?

• Love 10
20 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Jealous? Oh, that's not it. That's not it at all. She has the awareness and insight typical of family members of the 90 Day Dummies. It's been obvious that Sasha has an issue with overweight people. The only person he's been consistently nice to is Emily's mom. Asking him about his pattern with ex-wives is not a jealous inquisition, it's getting info to try to talk some sense into your dumbass sister. I love Betsy telling Sasha he knows how to make a baby and get married, but he doesn't know to actual be in a marriage. Sasha is just fucking rude, ungrateful, and awful and Emily is a moron.

Why would Joey even try to make an effort when from the beginning Mursel told the kids he didn't really care about their happiness, wanted their mother to abandon them in the US to be with him in Turkey, and could never tell his family about their existence because their presence on earth is shameful and horrible? I wouldn't bother and I'm an adult. Joey seemed to try to steer clear of Mursel because trying to interact with Mursel was likely only going to result in acrimony. Mursel was an asshole from jump. They tried to ask about his trip and Turkey. He didn't have much to say. They ask if he wanted to play videogames with them. He says no and that it's a waste of time. They ask how he likes pizza. It's not as good as Turkish pizza.

Joey has wisely decided to steer clear of the shit show.

Finnish Instagram robots either have no taste buds or very sensitive ones.

Tania is a very self-absorbed person. 

You know, my memory is bad and I forgot how rude Mursel's behavior was when he first arrived. However, it also seems to me, and maybe I'm misremembering, that Joey told the camera before Mursel's arrival that he had no interest in him, nor any interest in getting along. It also seems to me he said the same thing to Mursel when he first arrived. I remember the younger kids trying to make conversation, etc. Mursel sat there like a bump on a log.

Yes, the onus is on Mursel as the adult, and maybe Joey has been through this before, but we don't really know. I still find him unlikeable. Like Mursel, he seems to have no interest in anyone but himself. Anna's brought this on her family, it's true. In the end, I don't have a dog in this show because they're a mess all around.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, John M said:

Between Tania shed, her not wanting to be "accountable", her behavior on this super serious witch doctor school that she needed to dump Schengen alone in the US I'm still really confused on what her "plan" is as far as having children, a career and a husband.

Like does she think once she becomes a witch doctor that money just manifests itself? Because I feel like it's not an easy business to get off the ground even for people with the focus and attention to detail of PICKING UP CLOTHES FROM YOU SHED THAT YOU PLAN ON LIVING IN.

The overall sense that I get from Tania is that she wants to "be" someone, a witch doctor, a wife, a parent but has absolutely no intention on actually doing anything like HAVING A FUCKING REAL JOB.

The plan?  Woke soap.  

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, renatae said:

You know, my memory is bad and I forgot how rude Mursel's behavior was when he first arrived. However, it also seems to me, and maybe I'm misremembering, that Joey told the camera before Mursel's arrival that he had no interest in him, nor any interest in getting along. It also seems to me he said the same thing to Mursel when he first arrived. I remember the younger kids trying to make conversation, etc. Mursel sat there like a bump on a log.

Yes, the onus is on Mursel as the adult, and maybe Joey has been through this before, but we don't really know. I still find him unlikeable. Like Mursel, he seems to have no interest in anyone but himself. Anna's brought this on her family, it's true. I the end, I don't have a dog in this show because they're a mess all around.

I'd give a teenage Joey, clearly uncomfortable and forced on TV with teen acne a pass when some strange man is invading his space and interrupting his life.   I'm not sure when the male brain fully develops and he has got to have all sorts of crazy teen hormones going on.   

I don't give nearly 40 year old mursel a pass.  He is full grown, his brain should be fully developed and he knew what he was walking into and had the power to say no.  Joey is powerless in all this.  

I remember Joey asking about the pizza and mursel immediately shit talking it because I guess manners are the one thing that aren't better in turkey.  

I don't like a bratty kid either, so I feel you there, but I don't know.  I really think Anna and mursel are at fault here.  

• Love 23
3 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

This has been the season long mystery to me.   

I think her plans have backfired miserably and her friends and family mostly pity her.  I think I would too.  It cannot be THAT embarrassing to be single, right?  It can't be more embarrassing than being paired with mursel.  

I understand that if she wanted a relationship, maybe she felt like local guys were a lost cause, but did she try other states?  How was mursel the best option to make her friends jealous?

No tea, no shade but she is blonde, younger than Laura and doesnt look like the skipper.  If she couldn't find an aladin, she could have at least found zieds soccer friend.  How can you search the world and mursel is the best you can find?  

• LOL 6
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

I think her plans have backfired miserably and her friends and family mostly pity her.  I think I would too.  It cannot be THAT embarrassing to be single, right?  It can't be more embarrassing than being paired with mursel.  

Especially when he doesn’t do...everything. 

Another gratuitous Seinfeld reference 

• LOL 10
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, RealReality said:

I'd give a teenage Joey, clearly uncomfortable and forced on TV with teen acne a pass when some strange man is invading his space and interrupting his life.   I'm not sure when the male brain fully develops and he has got to have all sorts of crazy teen hormones going on.   

I don't give nearly 40 year old mursel a pass.  He is full grown, his brain should be fully developed and he knew what he was walking into and had the power to say no.  Joey is powerless in all this.  

I remember Joey asking about the pizza and mursel immediately shit talking it because I guess manners are the one thing that aren't better in turkey.  

I don't like a bratty kid either, so I feel you there, but I don't know.  I really think Anna and mursel are at fault here.  

Oh, I agree. There is no way Joey can be blamed for this debacle.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Robert/Anny - I already unloaded on him but let me go at this again:  You can shut it with calling Anny a "lazy ass" for being in bed at 5am.  She is giving you free daycare so you can sit your ass down.  You are working, yes, but you are sitting in a car and driving.  Not exactly Mensa material nor is it lifting concrete in and out of trucks all day.  I am NOT chapping on Uber/Lyft drivers - not at all - but he can spare me with the poor hardworking me routine.  You pick people up, follow a GPS and drop them off.  Someone needs to tell SisterRobert that if Anny's expectations are high, Robert put them there.  I can just hear his drawl:  "Oh Anny, I am gonna take you shopping, gonna buy you this, gonna treat my lady right!!"  SisterRobert should be horrified that Bryson is sleeping in the same room, let alone the same BED as two people, one of who is very vocal about wanting coitus three times a day.  And Robert, you can double sit your ass down - complaining she wants sex all the time?  Yeah, most guys would agree with you.......(insert eyeroll here)

Robert calling Anny a lazy ass is ridiculous. Anny can't legally work. How many times is Anny expected to clean a 1 bedroom apartment from top to bottom? She watches the kid, makes dinner, and does a little cleaning. That still leaves her many hours a day to be bored as shit. She has no money, no car, and doesn't know anyone. What does he expect her to do with her time?

I think Anny is a bit bratty and materialistic, but Robert is a fucking clown. I would love it if Anny was using the likely 5 or 6 hours a day that she's on her own to learn something, better herself, and build connections that are deeper than Robert, which she'll need because Robert is not the supportive type. She'll need those connections when she gets the green card because she'll likely get zero assistance from Robert.

• Love 20
18 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

There's a Turkish-American viewer who has been posting her insights on Reddit. It's worth reading.

I'm not defending Mursel, but I have to disagree with this Reddit writer's opinion of his speech.  He speaks English like a preschooler, but his Turkish sounds and appears to be just normal conversation.  I don't like that someone can be labeled as mentally handicapped because they don't speak a foreign language well.  Other than that, yes, he's a douche.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, renatae said:

Yes, the onus is on Mursel as the adult, and maybe Joey has been through this before, but we don't really know. I still find him unlikeable. Like Mursel, he seems to have no interest in anyone but himself.

which is understandable and dare I say normal in a 16-year-old! 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

This absolutely slayed me and I am still laughing. She's heavy into self denial. Not even a sprig of parsley (rich in vitamin C!) for the Frozen Finn. In another age she'd be wearing a hairshirt or spending hours a day on her knees in a cold church.She wants to stay thin. If your food tastes like wallpaper paste its easier not to overindulge. 

Jasmine has probably not tasted butter since 2005.

The bolded makes so much sense!  It's nearly impossible to overindulge in dry, flavorless chicken and asparagus.  You just choke it down to survive.

She didn't mean "healthy", she meant "food to keep me thin".

Because most spices are healthy, even certain types of salt (i.e. pink Himalayan), and they make otherwise bland dishes taste delicious.  But for frozen-faced Finn, she likes her food like she likes everything else:  tasteless.

And BTW, the food Blake's mom was cooking looked not only delicious, but I watched the ingredients she was adding....all healthy.  I want her recipes!

But Jasmin's Botox won't let her eyes flush out any onion-tears.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, KateHearts said:

which is understandable and dare I say normal in a 16-year-old! 

This. I am Team Joey— specially since his idiot mother put him on TV. Joey must be frustrated as all get out. He has absolutely no control of the dumb things his mother does, probably has a lot of responsibility for his younger siblings, and doesn’t have a dad (but he remembers the most of all his siblings of the trauma of his dad’s leaving, whatever happened.)

Parents: don’t put your kids on TV!!!

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Robert calling Anny a lazy ass is ridiculous. Anny can't legally work. How many times is Anny expected to clean a 1 bedroom apartment from top to bottom? She watches the kid, makes dinner, and does a little cleaning. That still leaves her many hours a day to be bored as shit. She has no money, no car, and doesn't know anyone. What does he expect her to do with her time?

I think Anny is a bit bratty and materialistic, but Robert is a fucking clown. I would love it if Anny was using the likely 5 or 6 hours a day that she's on her own to learn something, better herself, and build connections that are deeper than Robert, which she'll need because Robert is not the supportive type. She'll need those connections when she gets the green card because she'll likely get zero assistance from Robert.

Robert wants Anny to sleep with him Friday through Sunday, clean his nasty apartment every day, take care of Bryson and never meet friends or better herself.  Ever.  His gaslighting of her is really painful, actually.  "I signed a new lease but let's go look at two bedroom apartments so I can call you materialistic when you want Bryson to have his own room."  "I know I promised you Chanel but here is the Goodwill.  Now listen you grabby whore, put on these used clothes and don't ask for sex until Friday!!!"

I hope she gets a job doing hair and makeup at Disney, works twelve hours a day and leaves his sorry ass.

• Love 21

I think Mursel is the only 90DF not hungry for the almighty GreenCard. I wonder if he even knows what it is. And when he gets one and learns a bit more basic English I doubt he’ll be much of a financial or emotional support for Anna. 

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I think Mursel is the only 90DF not hungry for the almighty GreenCard. I wonder if he even knows what it is. And when he gets one and learns a bit more basic English I doubt he’ll be much of a financial or emotional support for Anna. 

I just truly fail to see any appeal in Mursel.  Having an overgrown child who can't speak English, criticizes your work, denies your children and complains about everything?  Run that by me again?  I am not a violent person but I want to slap the shit out of his face every time I see him!!!  LOL!  "Anna yes!"  "I know Anna!"  Shut it!!!!!

• Love 11
54 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I just truly fail to see any appeal in Mursel.  Having an overgrown child who can't speak English, criticizes your work, denies your children and complains about everything?  Run that by me again?  I am not a violent person but I want to slap the shit out of his face every time I see him!!!  LOL!  "Anna yes!"  "I know Anna!"  Shut it!!!!!

I think Mursel and Jasmin are similar in that regard.  I see no appeal in either really.  I don't know what there is that someone would fall in love with there.  Especially after actually meeting in person for a time.  I don't think Jasmin avoids seasoning her food as a strategy to stay thin.  I just think she's an incredibly cold, bland, lifeless human being who has no real interest in anything including tasty vittles.  She is equal parts snob and introvert.  She isn't comfortable doing anything but that's ok because there's nothing she could choose to do that's worthy of her interest or the effort required to undertake it...

and I hate Tania.  😆

Edited by Zevious Zoquis
  • Love 23
4 hours ago, Chloe Dog said:

I'm not defending Mursel, but I have to disagree with this Reddit writer's opinion of his speech.  He speaks English like a preschooler, but his Turkish sounds and appears to be just normal conversation.  I don't like that someone can be labeled as mentally handicapped because they don't speak a foreign language well.  Other than that, yes, he's a douche.

What we typically see is that the foreign partner is a lot more articulate in their native language. He's not. His vocabulary doesn't get anymore sophisticated in Turkish. Even Karine is capable of more complex conversation in Portuguese. However, Mursel speaks in clipped 5 word sentences in English and Turkish. That's why people keep wondering about Mursel.

• Love 7

I need to unload again, lol, on Anna and include Robert as to not seem like a Mommy Shamer.

Look, jackasses, you are PARENTS.  You are charged with their emotional well being as well as food, clothing, shelter and medical care.  You don't bring strangers into their HOME, bone them so they can hear you, expect everyone to be best buds in a day and then wonder why you get pushback.  Being a kid is hard enough, they don't need to sort out your emotional laundry for you.  I was relieved that Joey was in band - he has an outlet to talk with other sane adults!!!!

Gotta toss good old Nicole in there, too:  None of this "Daddy" business.  That is an earned title.  Same with Angela and calling Michael "Papa."

Let the feelings grow organically.  Stop trying to make everything fit into your frame.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
On 12/30/2019 at 10:19 AM, Crazydoxielady said:

I want Syngin to go to a few bars himself, meet a woman who gives him ALL the Jack and Tiramisu and leave Tania to come home with her low hanging fruit all alone in the she shed. She can then call all  her lady birds about how he was just too much and feel free to continue to flirt with other foreign born men. That's clearly her deal.

Anna and Murcel....who didn't see this coming. Who else thinks she is doing this because friends and family weighed in on how crappy it was that he was hiding  her boys? She wasn't calling off the wedding until the many nay sayers started to weigh in loudly. She was wise to kick him to the curb, but I hated her blaming Joey, and saying he got what he wanted. Way to overly involve and damage your kids in a short time girlfriend.  Her mom and her big cholesterol plaques over her eyes need some attention. They can be resected, lord lady those are distracting. As are the constellations and big dipper of a mole sequence on Anna's face.

Emily what did you do to your hair? Are you channeling Marilyn Monroe with the platinum hair, red lip, and winged eye? Funny enough, many Russian gals have this look. It is uninspired and makes her look worse.  I feel bad for the baby, its come out he has hydrocephalous, which explains his large head.  The sister shouldn't have to put up with Sasha throwing away her junk food,  if she wants to be a thick-em, that's her business. Its clear she is over this living situation. Let the poor woman go back to her single life which may last a lifetime (throw a few cats in there and she's good).

Blake's gal saying she hopes HIS parents move out of THEIR home soon? Girlfriend have several seats. Better yet, White Chics part 2 is casting, your a natural for a feature spot.

Angela and her road map of wrinkles continues on her tour of delusion. Michael would be best to slide into a few US ladies DM's (along with Syngin) as its clear they could do better. I am still perplexed how a CNA gets so much vacation time, has money for # trips to Africa, and gets away with those nasty talons taking care of poor old people.

TLC is paying for Angela’s trips. She probably only has the nasty talons for the show. As for the time off, she’s probably making more money from TLC and the show, and isn’t working as a CNA currently.  I’ve said before that people like Angela who get a lot of buzz probably make more than bottom feeders like frozen Finn, MRSA, and Tania. She’s got at least one more season, and Pillow Talk after that. I’ll guess she makes at least triple her nursing income working about 1/4 of the time. That’s a score for someone who is used to living modestly. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

That still leaves her many hours a day to be bored as shit. She has no money, no car, and doesn't know anyone. What does he expect her to do with her time?

Maybe she could borrow Laura’s Purple Friend to pass the time?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

She reminded me of no one so much as Mirna on season five of The Amazing Race. Miss Alli at TWOP christened her weird way of speaking to locals in some weird accent as "Mirnese". 

Aww Miss Alli. She wrote one of the best recaps ever of a Little House on the Prairie ep. I remember choking and dying at my desk during lunch.

15 hours ago, IllLitShips said:

It was heartbreaking to hear Syngin pleading with Tania to give him the bare minimum of acknowledgment.  She is very selfish. The way she was taunting him about scheduling a text was cruel. He is alone and he just wants attention from the one person he knows in this entire country. I don't understand how she can have so much compassion for everyone else, but him? Just because he is white it doesn't change that he is still an immigrant that she brought here. 

How I'd love to see the turntables turn if she was in South Africa and he decided to abandon her for a month. The girl is completely selfish, lacks empathy and should not get married while she's number one on her list with no room for anything else.

• Love 16