Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: I Don't Have A Choice

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, configdotsys said:

He deserves a life if misery if he stays with this psycho.

Of all the nutty crazy behavior THIS is what he is upset over?  I agree with what she said, people can GROW to love someone and it's often what happens in arranged marriages.  Not everyone has this lightening bolt feeling. 

She is nuttier than squirrel turds, but she is right on this one. 

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, RealReality said:

Of all the nutty crazy behavior THIS is what he is upset over?  I agree with what she said, people can GROW to love someone and it's often what happens in arranged marriages.  Not everyone has this lightening bolt feeling. 

She's not in love with him, but she wants his baby now!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, RealReality said:

Isn't what she said similar to Alla's comments a few seasons ago. I believe she is also from Ukraine? Maybe it's a cultural thing? 

Edited by watchingtvaddict
run on sentences got rid of an unneeded "was"
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
47 minutes ago, watchingtvaddict said:

Isn't what she said similar to Alla's comments a few seasons ago. I believe was  she is also from Ukraine? Maybe it's a cultural thing? 

I remember reading an article a long, long time ago wherein the author said that in the western cultures people expect to be happy, we expect to be in love.  A lot of other cultures don't have any such expectation.  So it's weird for us when people (we) aren't like happy and in love all the time because thats kind of what we've been raised to think is normal.  

So yeah it could very well be a cultural thing.  This is like one of the very few things Natalie has said that makes sense.  And so it seems weird that this is the straw that breaks the camel's back for him. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, RealReality said:

No lightning bolts is fine if it's that way from the jump. She was throwing lightning bolts at him until this visit when she realized he wasn't going to be a pushover and that her pouty looks weren't going to get her what she wanted. That's when all this walking back started. She's not genuine in any sense of the word and deserves to be left at the curb. 

• Love 14

Just got caught up last night. Observations:

I'd have kicked Sasha's ass to the curb the minute he had the temerity to start throwing out MY food. Emily and the baby could stay, but Sasha would not be welcome. Maybe things are different in Russia, but in America, you DO NOT come into someone else's home and start telling them what's what.

Mike, you idiot: Ancient civilizations all had pyramids because it's a basic shape. Give a toddler a set of blocks and sooner or later, he or she will build a pyramid. Doesn't mean aliens told them to do it.

Anny: Nice dress. But your presumptive SiL-to-be is correct. Robert is considered "working poor,' and that's unlikely to change anytime soon. If he really did say (or imply) he was Mr. Moneybags, then accept you've been had and go back home.

And (RANT WARNING) Robert's showing Anny a nice apartment only to say "There's no way we can move here" was a total dick move. Here's an example from my family's past: In the 1960s, my grandparents (whose home, along with the entire block, had just been condemned by the city to make way for a big new high-rise) were looking for a new house. Driving around south Eugene, they saw one they liked from the outside. My grandmother walked in, saw the beautiful entryway, and immediately walked out. When my grandfather asked why, she said "I know this place will be too expensive and don't want to torture myself." Turns out, she was wrong and they lived in that house for over 45 years until they moved into a retirement home. My point is that they didn't deliberately show the other something only to say "You can't have it."

Tania is good-looking, vivacious, has a good figure and appears (given her love of sex toys) to be buck-wild in bed. Why does she have such a hard time keeping a man? Well, we're seeing the reason here: she's a narcissistic bully who's completely inconsiderate of anyone else's needs or wants. I suspect her past is full of short-term relationships lasting no more than a week or two.

Anna: How many single men in your age group live between your home and Turkey? Surely at least some must be interested in bees. Some of them would actually make an effort to ingratiate themselves to your children, and be able to have conversations with you without using Google Apps.

Edited by Sir RaiderDuck OMS
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Tania is good-looking, vivacious, has a good figure and appears (given her love of sex toys) to be buck-wild in bed. Why does she have such a hard time keeping a man? Well, we're seeing the reason here: she's a narcissistic bully who's completely inconsiderate of anyone else's needs or wants. I suspect her past is full of short-term relationships lasting no more than a week or two.

I was with you until you got to the "Tania is good-looking" part. ....Maybe it's her foul personality coloring my opinion, but I find her dumpy and unattractive. Not to mention she needs to hoist the girls in some fitted undergarments. They are already in her lap, what's she going to do if she gets pregnant??

I'm ridiculously excited that we finally have a new episode tonight. What with the holidays, I have missed live chat for a month!

Edited by blubld43
  • Love 13
10 minutes ago, blubld43 said:

I was with you until you got to the "Tania is good-looking" part. ....Maybe it's her foul personality coloring my opinion, but I find her dumpy and unattractive. Not to mention she needs to hoist the girls in some fitted undergarments. They are already in her lap, what's she going to do if she gets pregnant??

I'm ridiculously excited that we finally have a new episode tonight. What with the holidays, I have missed live chat for a month!

yes, yes, yes

I totally agree, I don't find anything attractive about tania 

• Love 14

Is this “Choose Me”?  That’s what it says on the guide.    I don’t know who I dislike more.  Maybe all of them, especially that nut Natalie.  Go home Mike and don’t look back.  Not one of them is there for the right reason .. maybe Angela.

• Love 1
On 1/11/2020 at 12:48 AM, RealReality said:

I remember reading an article a long, long time ago wherein the author said that in the western cultures people expect to be happy, we expect to be in love.  A lot of other cultures don't have any such expectation.  So it's weird for us when people (we) aren't like happy and in love all the time because thats kind of what we've been raised to think is normal.  

So yeah it could very well be a cultural thing.  This is like one of the very few things Natalie has said that makes sense.  And so it seems weird that this is the straw that breaks the camel's back for him. 

My parents had an arranged marriage.  They came from Europe.  My Father was a gentle lovely handsome man.  My Mother was never happy.

3 hours ago, cinsays said:

yes, yes, yes

I totally agree, I don't find anything attractive about tania 

I cannot see her staying home every night with a baby.  She’s a swinger party girl, and drinker.  I don’t see that marriage working out at all.

• Love 4

I don't see a thread for tonight's episode, and just lost everything in my post in the live chat thread as it locked before I hit the submit. Will try to remember what pearls of wisdom I can remember...sucks being in PST.

Grangela and Mykul. Don't care - wish they would be gone.

Mike and Nat. Does she have a mouthful of cotton?

Michael and Juliana. Unless she was morbidly obese or gave birth, there is no way in hell she lost 22 lbs in 2 weeks. Now I don't know what to believe from her. It sure was generous of her betrothed to get her a bicycle <sarcasm> unless she is not licensed to drive in the US.

Anna and Morsel. Still not buying any of this vomit coma inducing bullshit.

Blake and Jasmine. These two have zero chemistry or communication. Still can't figure out why she isn't staying with her bff sister. 

Tania and Syngin.  For chrissake you can cut an apple, you dumb cow. No words for the armpit smelling. She is just disgusting.

Back later after part deux.

• Love 4

I really don’t like the word, but all I could think was, “Mursel, you pussy.”

Tania does not need to be in a relationship. She thinks she’s so mature. Far from it, honey. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Anything she has going on in the looks department is cancelled out by her odious personality. I actually don't think she is attactive and won't age well. This discussion in the car is giving me a migraine. Ugh.....the way she talks. She has big plans! Llike working on like goals and like stuff. And it's like so fustrating!  Keep living in your dream world, honey. And Syngin is no prize either. He seems to have some entitlement issues and unrealistic ideas as far as employment is concerned.

I hope that this is the end of Mike and Natalie. I do give her some credit for giving back the ring and also for being one of the most realistic and honest people on this show who doesn't think she is feeling true love after 3 meetings. But she's still a nutter.

I can't figure out if Sarah is really trying to help Juliana, or trying to stir up shit between Michael and her. It is a weird dynamic. She did look cute in her wedding dress though.

I won't believe that Anna and Morsel are done until he actually boards the plane. Even if he does stay, I think that relationship will be doomed unless they learn to talk to each other without a translator app. 

• Love 3

I've just started watching this season so I don't know if this has been discussed before but...

Tania's Mom's house looks really cluttered and I wonder if both Mom and Tania are hoarders.

Tania seems to have problems making decisions, which is a classic sign of a hoarder. I don''t think she loves Syngin... she loves the idea of Syngin, the idea of being engaged to this man.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, lizajane said:

Anything she has going on in the looks department is cancelled out by her odious personality. I actually don't think she is attactive and won't age well.

Different strokes for different folks. I think she is very attractive...on the outside.

Now as far as personality goes, I think we all agree she's hideous.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, lizajane said:

I don't see a thread for tonight's episode, and just lost everything in my post in the live chat thread as it locked before I hit the submit. Will try to remember what pearls of wisdom I can remember...sucks being in PST.

Grangela and Mykul. Don't care - wish they would be gone.

Mike and Nat. Does she have a mouthful of cotton?

Michael and Juliana. Unless she was morbidly obese or gave birth, there is no way in hell she lost 22 lbs in 2 weeks. Now I don't know what to believe from her. It sure was generous of her betrothed to get her a bicycle <sarcasm> unless she is not licensed to drive in the US.

Anna and Morsel. Still not buying any of this vomit coma inducing bullshit.

Blake and Jasmine. These two have zero chemistry or communication. Still can't figure out why she isn't staying with her bff sister. 

Tania and Syngin.  For chrissake you can cut an apple, you dumb cow. No words for the armpit smelling. She is just disgusting.

Back later after part deux.

It was on Episode 9 and I don’t know why.  I was going nuts trying to find it too.  It wasn’t on the title in the guide.

On 1/10/2020 at 10:52 PM, Gobi said:

She's not in love with him, but she wants his baby now!

So, is this it?  Are they finished for good?  I don’t think so.  He’ll be back.  I doubt that nut job will not miss her chance to come to America and have a baby with him.

• Love 1