Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: I Don't Have A Choice

• Start Topic

On 1/2/2020 at 10:19 AM, BallisticNikki said:

I agree somewhat. And think the same thing applies for his constant complaints of being "really lonely." Most ppl would kill to have a month off the grid where they can sleep in, watch tv, read, goof off at the park. I think his discomfort is anxiety that she is creeping; but "I'm really lonely" sounds better. Saying otherwise is calling her a ho. And she likes knowing she has him all off kilter.

Really, I don't think it matters what his motivation is.  It's her response that matters because I don't think expecting the woman he's travelled to another country to possibly marry within 90 days to send him a friggin text message is unreasonable.  How bout she just says "sure I'll text you as soon as I'm home hun."  Big whoop.  But perhaps the problem is she knows there's a 90% chance she'll be blind drunk by the time she gets home and will either forget to text or just pass out before she can.  

As far as most people killing to have a month off the grid to goof off...well yeah maybe if I'm in my own place with my own stuff to do.  But on my own in a foreign country where I don't know anyone and I'm sharing space with a stranger who happens to be the mother of the woman I'm supposed to be there with who has taken off to party for a month?  Lol..um no.  

• Love 22

@Drogo - your graphic representation of Tania is far kinder than she deserves!  But as always, hilariously spot on, especially Mike/Natalie - though I think there should be a gif of that girl in the bottom of the well from silence of the lambs called "Natalie's ex-husband"

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, Zevious Zoquis said:

Really, I don't think it matters what his motivation is.  It's her response that matters because I don't think expecting the woman he's travelled to another country to possibly marry within 90 days to send him a friggin text message is unreasonable.  How bout she just says "sure I'll text you as soon as I'm home hun."  Big whoop.  But perhaps the problem is she knows there's a 90% chance she'll be blind drunk by the time she gets home and will either forget to text or just pass out before she can.  

As far as most people killing to have a month off the grid to goof off...well yeah maybe if I'm in my own place with my own stuff to do.  But on my own in a foreign country where I don't know anyone and I'm sharing space with a stranger who happens to be the mother of the woman I'm supposed to be there with who has taken off to party for a month?  Lol..um no.  

I've asked men I'm dating to send me a text when they get home.  I've NEVER not gotten a text or gotten any pushback.  These aren't men I'm engaged to and are travelling in a different country.  Really, who cares?  It's five seconds and generally even drunk people can at least manage a smiley face emoji or something.   It's just a weird ass thing to fight over because it's so easy to do.  

Not only is syngin stuck in a foreign country and in an area that looks fairly suburban....tanias mom very very very clearly doesn't want them there.  That was clear to me from like the first episode.  Tania is out of that uncomfortable situation but syngin is stuck with a woman who isn't a gracious host and doesn't want him there.  

I still think syngin should take the initiative and get on Facebook or Meetup and find something to do and his own friends.  If I were him, I'd try to ONLY be at that shed/house to shower and sleep.  

• Love 17
8 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I've asked men I'm dating to send me a text when they get home.  I've NEVER not gotten a text or gotten any pushback.  These aren't men I'm engaged to and are travelling in a different country.  Really, who cares?  It's five seconds and generally even drunk people can at least manage a smiley face emoji or something.   It's just a weird ass thing to fight over because it's so easy to do.  

Exactly.  It's ludicrous.  She should WANT to text him when she gets home...he's a person she's supposed to be in love with for gawd sake!  I mean she should be there with him if she had any sense but that's beside the point (but not really beside the point)...

• Love 10
23 hours ago, hookedontv said:

So based on this description -- how's about Tania & Mursel get together? I know she probably wants a good looking guy, but deep down, it's probably more important for her to be able to boss someone around and control him. Tania could give Mursel instructions on improving the she shed (Mursel made a honeycomb altar, so he may be a bit handy) and he would probably do whatever she wanted for some action in the bedroom. If he's motivated by food, Tania would have to convince Mother Tania to part with some of her tiramisu. Because in Tania's feeble brain, she's too "woke" to make meals for her man. Alien God (I'm looking at you, Michael Paul Bunyan) forbid, she realize that a couple is a team, and they can take turns cooking for each other or actually cook meals TOGETHER. 

Tania could be out all night with her friends and I don't think Mursel would give a fuck. And Mursel seems to just be content hanging out and not doing anything. By himself. Maybe he is good at sewing. And can make some bras for his saggy woke wife. 

I doubt Tania would ever consider a man who wouldn’t go “downtown” ( if you know what I mean).

• LOL 4
Just now, PityFree said:

I doubt Tania would ever consider a man who wouldn’t go “downtown” ( if you know what I mean).

Tania wants someone to go downtown, buy a shed there and stay in it all day. 

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, PityFree said:

Can't say I blame her on that one!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 1/1/2020 at 10:50 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

I wonder if her sister is younger?  Some women (my sister and I don't have that type of relationship) get VERY agitated if Little Sister gets married first and has a baby.

As far as Sasha marrying Emily, I'm not convinced he's going to follow through. The last we saw of them, they were doing the familiar baby carriage walk, and she was saying "it's probably a good idea to get married..."  I think Sasha is worried about Emily not losing weight, hence she wastes precious resources getting her hair colored. What color would it called, platinum gray?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Rt66vintage said:

As far as Sasha marrying Emily, I'm not convinced he's going to follow through. The last we saw of them, they were doing the familiar baby carriage walk, and she was saying "it's probably a good idea to get married..."  I think Sasha is worried about Emily not losing weight, hence she wastes precious resources getting her hair colored. What color would it called, platinum gray?

LOL, he also doesn't know if it's as easy to walk away from a US marriage as it is a Russian marriage.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 12/31/2019 at 2:10 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

I don't entirely agree.  I think the pleading for the "I'm home" text is motivated by his jealousy. 

You want to know she's safe?  You can just assume she's safe unless you hear otherwise.  You're living in the shed in her mother's back yard--you'll find out if something goes awry.  And even if she notifies him that she's safe at 11:48, that doesn't mean she's safe at 11:49, so there will always be times when he doesn't know she's safe.

That's not the point, it's the thought that counts as they say. My husband and me sent at least a couple of text to each other everyday, complain about work, ask how each other's day is going, say we are stopping at the store on the way home. 

The point isn't that my husband thinks I need anything from 7-11 at 9PM, he knows I haven't ever in the years we have been together and that if I did in fact want something I would ask him to stop, the point is he is showing he is considering my needs even though it is in an irrational way.

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Zevious Zoquis said:

But perhaps the problem is she knows there's a 90% chance she'll be blind drunk by the time she gets home and will either forget to text or just pass out before she can.

She could just text on the ride back from the bar.  

• Love 4
On 1/2/2020 at 6:28 PM, Pepper Mostly said:

Remember, Mursel doesn't go downtown. I have a feeling that Tania would have a strong opinion about that. 

Yes, I think an Aladin or any of Zied's friends would be thrilled to get their mitts on Anna. 

@ava111, I enjoyed your entire post but I wanted to address this. I had a friend from Czechoslovakia in the 80's, and she was always dressed to the nines. She loved to dress sexy and she made sure she was well turned out wherever we went. Her bf was in a band with my husband, and at gigs the rest of us band widows were casual. Not her. She was in a skin tight leather dress and heels. I have a friend from Moldova who says that everyone dresses up there too. 

Really appreciate that you liked my memory post.  Have soo much more from that time in 70's and 80's. Like my grandpa who came from nothing and joined communists and was sent to Russia for university in Moscow. Later in mid 70 he was sent to North Korea as official cultural attachee at Czechoslovakian embassy. He even stood on the pictures with Kim who is the grandpa of the current leader. He and my grandma spent 5 years there. We came only for month when I was only 7 but will never forget how eerie it all was...

Edited by ava111
Grammar after ambien
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Zevious Zoquis said:

8 hours ago, RealReality said:

9 hours ago, Zevious Zoquis said:

Read more  

Not only is syngin stuck in a foreign country and in an area that looks fairly suburban....tanias mom very very very clearly doesn't want them there.  That was clear to me from like the first episode.  Tania is out of that uncomfortable situation but syngin is stuck with a woman who isn't a gracious host and doesn't want him there.  

I still think syngin should take the initiative and get on Facebook or Meetup and find something to do and his own friends.  If I were him, I'd try to ONLY be at that shed/house to shower and sleep. 

I’m sure Syngin is managing to move around and see some of the area he is staying in but I wonder how much money he has access to? This is a pet peeve of mine: are we really expected to believe all the foreigners arrive penniless? Surely some of them have access to their own money and are able to explore their surroundings independently. But, instead we have every single foreign fiancé being wholly dependent on the American. 

• Love 3

I think the first time I posted I wrote that I hated them all. I still do.

Anna and Mursel still can't talk and all he wants is to marry an American. Not her. Give it up already.

Syngin is stuck with a total bitch in Tania. He needs to leave her selfish ass in the dust.

Mike and Natalie were doomed once he said he didn't believe in God. That's too big a difference for her to get past.

Anny and whatever the eff his name is...omg. He wants a babysitter and he is so freaking boring. Although she did rock that dress.

Blake and Jasmin are not in love. He is desperate and she wants to be in the US. 

The rest - I can't even bother to form a sentence about them. All these couples are doomed. 

• Love 7

RE Syngin. Now, having a break is amazing. Because I have a job, house, and husband, oh- and some money. I return to that after my break and do stuff on my break using money.  Syngin has nothing, and he should NOT take a break IMO. He needs to move and figure things out. Both he and Tania have a lot of work to do, and a lot of money they need to make, before they can comfortably take a month long break. For the average grown up, a month long break, where you do nothing and spend no money, is simply impossible unless you are homeless and have nothing to manage or maintain. 

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

RE Syngin. Now, having a break is amazing. Because I have a job, house, and husband, oh- and some money. I return to that after my break and do stuff on my break using money.  Syngin has nothing, and he should NOT take a break IMO. He needs to move and figure things out. Both he and Tania have a lot of work to do, and a lot of money they need to make, before they can comfortably take a month long break. For the average grown up, a month long break, where you do nothing and spend no money, is simply impossible unless you are homeless and have nothing to manage or maintain. 

What is it with these people who are pushing 30 and have no real plan on how they will support themselves?  I bet a Connecticut witch doctor is lucky to earn $14k a year.  And that’s with selling PartyLite on the side,

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
32 minutes ago, Spike said:

What is it with these people who are pushing 30 and have no real plan on how they will support themselves?  I bet a Connecticut witch doctor is lucky to earn $14k a year.  And that’s with selling PartyLite on the side,

How very unwoke of you.  

Syngin is no better, since he has no plans but to make useless trinket jewelry for men and get a free camper van.  

Sometimes I forget that I find syngin annoying because Tania is SOOOOOOO awful.  

Tania's mom is a beeeeyotch but I'd bet dollars to donuts that Tania ambushed her and guilted her into giving her a place to stay.  It's possible that her mom is fed up and making the experience as uncomfortable as possible so these two will get their own place. Or at least before Tania claims squatters rights.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, Spike said:

She will be lucky to earn back the cost of her trip, this is nothing but an opportunity for Tania to puff up her CV. If Syngyn believes she's getting some kind of education for their benefit, he's got a rude awakening coming. 

And IMO Tania would gladly screw any random guy in a bar, and claim it's her right to do so. I'm thinking she isn't exactly in high demand in Connecticut.

• Love 10

Even the title of the episode can be annoying:  Yes Tonia, you do have a choice to NOT go to Costa Rica!  Yes Robert, you did have a choice to not resign your lease or resign for a two bedroom.  Yes Anna you wicked witch of Nebraska:  You had HUGE choices from the jump and you kept making bad ones.  Yes Mike - you have a choice to not be religious but when you are getting with a girl who would attend church 24/7, that is a problem.

8 hours ago, blubld43 said:

If Syngyn believes she's getting some kind of education for their benefit, he's got a rude awakening coming.

Agreed.  Tania is all about Tania.

• Love 8
Just now, magemaud said:

So, what’s everybody doing tomorrow night on our forced 90 Day Break? It’s gonna be a long week! 

Watching part 2 of the new season of Dr. Who. And hoping that the listings are correct and the last chunk of the show won't be cut off from the DVR like it was last week.

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, magemaud said:

So, what’s everybody doing tomorrow night on our forced 90 Day Break? It’s gonna be a long week! 

I'm watching the Just Landed webseries and 2-3 episodes of Survivor season 24 (in preparation for season 40 All Stars)

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, Gobi said:

What a blow we have been dealt!

Right?? I will be watching reruns, or Pillow Talk. I usually never see it until the Sunday evening rerun, I rarely stay awake long enough to watch it Sunday night.

This season has been boring IMO. I'm actually looking forward to the return of Darcy and Tom in February, I did not see that coming.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, magemaud said:

I’m watching the R. Kelly sequel, but it’s mostly a rehash.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, magemaud said:

Ugh! I forgot about our break. I guess I'll catch up on Bob's Burgers episodes. I recently started watching it. I wish I had done it sooner; it's adorable.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, magemaud said:

I'm thinking of giving the 1,000 pound sister show a try.  I've never heard of them, but I guess they are YouTubers or something?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
39 minutes ago, liammaam said:

I'm thinking of giving the 1,000 pound sister show a try.  I've never heard of them, but I guess they are YouTubers or something?  

I got through about five minutes with them. Totally unwatchable! You've been warned

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, liammaam said:

Ha ha, they are a mess, but they are every bit a train wreck as the participants on 90DF

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RealReality said:

Ha ha, they are a mess, but they are every bit a train wreck as the participants on 90DF

Their voices are like nails on the chalkboard and I didn't see anything redeeming about either of them

• Love 3
21 hours ago, magemaud said:

Celebrating the Minnesota VIkings victory over the heavily favored New Orleans Saints.  And be celebrating I mean eating leftover turkey, mashed potatoes and corn.  And white milk.  And watching the Smithsonian channel with the hubs.  Yeah, I know how to PARTY!!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Celebrating the Minnesota VIkings victory over the heavily favored New Orleans Saints.  And be celebrating I mean eating leftover turkey, mashed potatoes and corn.  And white milk.  And watching the Smithsonian channel with the hubs.  Yeah, I know how to PARTY!!!

My roast beef sandwich and chicken soup pales in comparison.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
Just now, Spike said:

My roast beef sandwich and chicken soup pales in comparison.

Listen, we have a place in Bloomington, MN called Wally's Roast Beef that is STELLAR and I would beg to differ......plus I made chicken soup in my pressure cooker that is DELISH!!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Lol, come on over. This is pretty much how I get down too, except trade the milk for lemon/ ginger ale.

• Love 1
On 1/5/2020 at 12:49 AM, RealReality said:

This is so unfair, as a taxpayer I demand a new episode!

It's my cable paying right to have a new episode weekly! I'm going all the way to the president of DirecTV with this!!! I mean, what do they want?! A porno of me and Mr. Kdawg showing what happens when there's nothing on TV?! 🤨

• LOL 15
On 1/2/2020 at 10:19 AM, BallisticNikki said:

I agree somewhat. And think the same thing applies for his constant complaints of being "really lonely." Most ppl would kill to have a month off the grid where they can sleep in, watch tv, read, goof off at the park. 

So about two years ago I was mercifully laid off from my incredibly toxic workplace and was in no place mentally ready to look for work, plus we already had an extended vacation planned, we are very lucky to be fine financially, we could easily live on my husband's income alone...

I about lost my damn mind not working in the 3 months I was out of work and I am not a type A career stiving person. I think I did at least 30 hours of volunteer work a week and was begging for more hours, even if it was just stocking shelves at a food pantry.

So I totally get it.

• Love 7
On 1/3/2020 at 11:07 AM, Zevious Zoquis said:

Exactly.  It's ludicrous.  She should WANT to text him when she gets home.

That's my alternative theory to his wanting the text because he wants to be sure she's not stepping out on him:  he might want her to want to text him.  Kind of like emptying the dishwasher.  It might not be that the wife actually wants her husband to empty the dishwasher, but instead that she wants him to want to do it...for her. 

On 1/3/2020 at 3:06 PM, John M said:

That's not the point, it's the thought that counts as they say. My husband and me sent at least a couple of text to each other everyday, complain about work, ask how each other's day is going, say we are stopping at the store on the way home. 

The point isn't that my husband thinks I need anything from 7-11 at 9PM, he knows I haven't ever in the years we have been together and that if I did in fact want something I would ask him to stop, the point is he is showing he is considering my needs even though it is in an irrational way.

Different strokes for different folks.  Fortunately, y'all are on the same wavelength, and Mr. Outlier and I are on the same wavelength.  But it appears that Tania and Syngin are not, and that's where trouble starts.

• Love 4
On 1/6/2020 at 9:42 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

But it appears that Tania and Syngin are not, and that's where trouble starts.

I don't think anyone is on Tania's wavelength. Syngin is a very agreeable person, but she seems to be on a mission to deem absolutely everyone inferior to her. Together with her looks and heft, this isn't going to get her much of anywhere.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
14 minutes ago, Mrs Robot said:

I don't think anyone is on Tania's wavelength. Syngin is a very agreeable person, but she seems to be on a mission to deem absolutely everyone inferior to her. Together with her looks and heft, this isn't going to get her much of anywhere.

She needs a Russ/Corey type.  I'm not sure if this is syngin.  If he chooses to stay, that's on him.  Tania's behavior has been very clear and not particularly open to interpretation by any normal person.  Yes, she offers up some lame justification/defense, but it's laughable.

• Love 9
On 1/7/2020 at 12:41 AM, the-grey-lady said:

Tania doesn't like having to provide someone else with attention?

I sure hope she somehow ends up with a baby who requires absolutely nothing from her.

I dislike her for so many reasons.

It's as if it's her world and everyone else is just a prop for her to use.

• Love 8
On 1/6/2020 at 11:41 PM, the-grey-lady said:

Tania doesn't like having to provide someone else with attention?

I sure hope she somehow ends up with a baby who requires absolutely nothing from her.

I dislike her for so many reasons.

Like a baby who is totally attached to Daddy? Lovin' that idea.....

• Love 1