Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I think it's important to shoutout Temp!Nikolas actor. I don't know the name of the actor, but I think that under the circumstances, he has done a bang up job. I thought all his scenes were good and he showed more emotional range than MC.

He was definitely better than MC.  I felt his anger--and anguish--in those chapel scenes.  Nik is an asshole, but the actor did a good job with the material.  I thought NAC and GF were good in t hose scenes, too. 

2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

On the other end of the spectrum we have Joss. What can we say about this twit that hasn't been said already? But this victimhood/matyrdom is just too much.

Whining that she couldn't go to Britt's memorial after she OF HER OWN ACCORD left the place where the memorial was to go get sympathy from her new minion.  She's gross.

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

"My niece,"

"We introduced her to the matriarchy.  I'm shocked she and the two other Carlys didn't drop trou and piss on her to claim ownership.

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL at Finn's wearily exasperated "What did [Nik] do?" to Elizabeth. I like that she told him basically everything.

I did, too.  Nothing good was coming from the continuous lying.  She's done with Nik (at least until whatever happens to him happens and then he shows back up in PC in three years).

• Like 12
  • LOL 2

So I wonder about this whole Nikolas business. Ava gave the recording to Spencer, which has now driven a bigger wedge between Nikolas and Spencer. But we know that Ava, not Nikolas, pushed Esme over the parapet albeit accidentally.

Whatever happens to Nikolas, this is one ugly chicken Ava has hatched by giving Spencer the confession.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Literally both events occurred *in the same place* so she clearly could've done both.  What she actually meant was "I couldn't go to the memorial because I'm a self-absorbed asshole who doesn't give a shit about the person who gave her life to save mine." 

Why she should care about someone who saved her life? Hating Sonny and Nina and screwing Dexwood Is what matters 🙄

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 5
7 hours ago, sashabear21 said:

I wish Joss and Carly would eat bees. 

Why do you hate bees?!!

6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

What is happening to me?!

I'm sitting at that table too.  Sometimes, he's the only one in the scene making any sense.  What is that?!

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 5
48 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I thought NAC and GF were good in t hose scenes, too. 

I thought Genie did a great job looking confused as to what Spencer was alluding to, but knowing it wasn't good for Nik.  

42 minutes ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Nik hugging his Mom, then leaving in the elevator seemed like he was done and gone. 

Me too, so I was surprised when he showed up at Windemere.  I'm pretty sure that was the scene that Marcus refused to shoot.  

I was hoping for a murder mystery since there are so many candidates, but with him showing up at Windemere, looks like Ava will get the oportunity.  

• Useful 1

I just love how NAC can make Spencer turn his emotions on and off for whoever he is talking too. With Laura, he turns into a good lil kid. When Nik is around, he turns into a merciless Cassadine, for example.

But I totally get why Spencer wants to protect his brother from his father. He knows firsthand how he treated him, and he doesnrlt want that to happen to his brother. Now, Spencer's plans usually blow up spectacully, so cant wait to see how this ends.

• Like 9

Did I really hear Joss kind of dismiss what Britt did, saving her worthless life, in favor of giving the whole credit to Dex? 'Cause I kinda think I did.

Girl, you would've been fish bait if Britt hadn't smacked the Hook with her bag, then fought her off while you were supposed to run. We lost Britt for this mini-Carly.

Britt > Joss.

• Like 15
  • Applause 8

The Nik/Spencer fight was great. 

It would have shut up Laura fast had Spencer said Sonny knew about the custody too. Laura can't stop being a Sonny cheerleader plus she had no idea what was even going on between Nik/Spencer. 

This musician story with Chase can end anytime.  Just put him back in force since Dante doing all the cases.

Joss finally said today what they showed through her pulling away from Cam. The video started it all  and it made sense. 

• Like 2

Nicholas Chavez was outstanding today.  I really loved the scene between him and Adam Huss (had to look him up), where Spencer repeated Nik's words on the video back to him while Laura looked on confused and alarmed.  And the low, long breath he let out after Nik left the chapel was so well done.  Even though the idea of Spencer wanting this unnecessary baby is stupid I really love the conflict between father and son.  I'll say it again but it will really suck if they kill of Nik.

I also enjoyed Liz and Finn today.  And Ava, though that goes without saying.

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

So I wonder about this whole Nikolas business. Ava gave the recording to Spencer, which has now driven a bigger wedge between Nikolas and Spencer. But we know that Ava, not Nikolas, pushed Esme over the parapet albeit accidentally.

Whatever happens to Nikolas, this is one ugly chicken Ava has hatched by giving Spencer the confession.

Ava didn't push her over, Esme legitimately fell.  Nik convinced Ava not to go to the police by telling they will never believe her.  In that way, Nik has no one to blame but himself.  But, Ava pulled a really shitty move giving that video to Spencer, and when Esme regains her memory, Ava is gonna pay for that.  

Well, I am loving GH right now!  First of all, I freed myself by ff'ing all of Carly's scenes.  Except the ones Nina is in.  So I get her in very small doses.  I certainly am not sitting thru a second of any of those Carly/Drewfus scenes.  

I actually rewound all of the chapel scenes, I thought Genie was so interesting showing the heartbreak and terror of a mother watching her son and grandson at each other's throats.  But Chavez...this guy is too good for a soap, but what a treat!  And at least this Nik didn't disappear from the screen against him.   He is better than MC that is for certain.  I wonder if he had been the original recast instead of MC if I would be more invested in Nik?  

Anyway, I think the show is great right now.  I am really looking forward to this whole month.

• Like 11
12 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Nicholas Chavez was outstanding today.  I really loved the scene between him and Adam Huss (had to look him up), where Spencer repeated Nik's words on the video back to him while Laura looked on confused and alarmed.

It feels like we witnessed the emergence of a real rising star yesterday. The calm, quiet confidence NAC demonstrated while dressing down Dickolas was truly outstanding. He seemed like a TRUE Cassadine in that scene.  Seems like NAC's first nervous day on GH was eons ago. He's come a long way as a young actor.

As far as Dickolas is concerned, no sympathy for him from this viewer. He's not a deranged sociopath, or a narcissistic megalomanic like Helena, Mikos, Stavros or even Victor.  All of Nic's bad acts are willfully, deliberately considered. Then when someone calls him out on his BS, he immediately defaults to his "I wanna be a better man" shtick. Even Laura seems to be tired of it at this point.

• Like 12
  • Applause 3
31 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Seems like NAC's first nervous day on GH was eons ago. He's come a long way as a young actor.

It's especially tough with dumpster barbie's new beau.  Jason Jr. looks like a parking valet and the actor seems to be pleased with himself when he can spit out a sentence.  It seems like eternities have passed since he has been on. But it's typical on this soap that by the time the reveal happens, either the actor or the writing - the viewer has lost interest/attachment.  When a bowl of moss holds more interest than ... .

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
3 minutes ago, sunnyface said:

It's especially tough with dumpster barbie's new beau.  Jason Jr. looks like a parking valet and the actor seems to be pleased with himself when he can spit out a sentence.

He's so wooden.  I mean, the dude who used to play Nathan was, too, but there was something sweet about him that at least there was that.  This guy just comes off as a smug ass-kisser. 

• Like 10
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, CeChase said:

First of all, I freed myself by ff'ing all of Carly's scenes.  Except the ones Nina is in.  So I get her in very small doses.  I certainly am not sitting thru a second of any of those Carly/Drewfus scenes. 

The only Carly scenes that I will not FF through will be the upcoming ones with her aunt Tracy. I am slightly interested in what the writers have in store for Carly without having the luxury of having fallen-angel heroes Sonny or Luke waving off her disgusting behavior and actions.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
17 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Tracy is not Carly's aunt, which I am sure Tracy is positively thrilled about!

Awesome, guess I won't have to be tempted to ff through Tracy scenes. 

Edited by sunnyface
carly
  • Like 2

Aunt by marriage?  Are Luke and Tracy still married?  I considered the woman my uncle married to be my aunt.  I was offended when she once introduced me as J's niece.  I'm your niece, too.   Maybe I just look at things differently.

Avery calls Carly "mama Carly", and the two of them aren't related.  Again, ymmv.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Aunt by marriage?  Are Luke and Tracy still married?  I considered the woman my uncle married to be my aunt.  I was offended when she once introduced me as J's niece.  I'm your niece, too.   Maybe I just look at things differently.

Avery calls Carly "mama Carly", and the two of them aren't related.  Again, ymmv.

When they were married, sadly for Tracy, she would be Carly's aunt. But I don't think they were still married when he "died". (I put that in quotes since I'm not sure it will stick.)

• Like 2
On 2/3/2023 at 8:59 AM, sashabear21 said:

Makes sense, I missed a lot of the reintroduction of Elizabeth's parents and got distracted by things going on outside of my window that were more interesting than that storyline, like birds flying by. It just seemed weird they brought Elizabeth's mom in to be the catalyst that pushed Liz over the edge of being furious with Nik when there's *waves hands frantically* a whole lot of other things that could have done it.  

Sonny and Nina as co-grandparents is kind of cute and I can't believe Sonny is not the character I hate most anymore. 

I wish Joss and Carly would eat bees. 

Why do you hate bees?

On 2/3/2023 at 4:37 PM, Josh371982 said:

That's the Version I want. Chemistry with Dominic/Dante was 🔥

The Julie Berman version was fun.  The one who took over after her was too bitchy.

On 2/2/2023 at 1:00 PM, dubbel zout said:

I'm a bit shocked that Carly and/or Joss didn't descend upon Nina, Maxie, Sasha, and Sonny looking at the baby and scream at them for trying to influence her.

A party and a memorial service is a bit much for a character like Britt, I agree.

I can picture them Carly’s baby!  Carly’s baby!”  At them.  And on that note, I could see Carly evolving into a baby stealing obsessive lunatic like Heather Webber.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ciarra said:

I mean, technically yes.  But Carly was a full-ass adult when Luke and Tracy married and I doubt she thinks of her in a familial way.  Tracy barely hides her disdain for her blood relatives, never mind a niece by marriage acquired later in life.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Like 9
On 2/4/2023 at 9:25 AM, TeeVee329 said:

I seriously hate Joss, all her self-involved whining on Friday was so beyond and...so Carly.  And Dex existing just to blow gold up her ass is also terrible.

So you’re saying Dex is essentially Drewfus Jr.?

Edited by Suicidy
  • Like 2
  • LOL 4
15 minutes ago, Suicidy said:

The Julie Berman version was fun.  The one who took over after her was too bitchy.

Hmm. I too, liked Julie Marie Berman better, but not because Emme Rylan was bitchier. If anything, I thought she was too soft.

Though there was that time when JMB's Lulu was Carly Jr. She was as insufferable then as Joss is now. It took the romance with Dante to turn her around again for me.

ETA: And Dex is no Dante! Also, it took me a literal minute to remember his name. I think of him as Baby Jason.

Edited by Melgaypet
  • Like 8
59 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Though there was that time when JMB's Lulu was Carly Jr. She was as insufferable then as Joss is now. It took the romance with Dante to turn her around again for me.

Same, I couldn’t stand 07-09 era Lulu. She started off so promising but became completely insufferable. Annoying character and they gave her so many undeserved smack down moments with other female characters who should have been able to tell the brat off. They did a complete 180 with her once Dante came on the scene. That pairing really saved her

• Like 3
33 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I hate Lulu in any incarnation and think that JMB is overrated. They killed off the wrong girl. Georgie was leaps and bounds better than Lulu.

Yes, agreed.  Not a Lulu fan either. I think Berman was better but anytime I think of her all I can picture was her stomping into Liz's work place screaming "WHORE WHORE WHORE".  And I just cannot.  I wish Liz had punched her right in the face. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

I really liked MC Nik, so I’m surprised that I am not at all bothered by his absence. In fact, I think NuNik is really good. I have suspected for some time that the character will be killed off, but it will be a shame since they found such a good replacement. And if the plan has been to kill Nik all along, why fire MC instead of just letting him finish it out? 

It seems apparent to me that Ava and Austin are about to be coupled up. I don’t see a lot of chemistry there, but I like both actors so I’m willing to see where it goes. Maybe Ava can spark some life in the Austin character, because so far he’s been a total dud.

I was ambivalent about JMB’s Lulu (although I have liked the actor in other things), hated ER’s version, but I still think the character has potential. Also, Laura needs more onscreen family.  I’d like to see a well-recast Lulu wake up from her coma and start kicking ass.

• Like 9

I hated JMB’s Lulu. I never took a liking to her, and I remember that scene at the hospital with Liz. I wasn’t even a Liz fan at the time and I thought Liz should have read her for filth! But because JJ was Lucky again, Liz suddenly felt all this guilt she hadn’t been feeling when GV was in the role. Whatever. 🙄 I hate inconsistent crap like that.

But I digress - I only started liking Lulu when ER took over the role. It wasn’t immediate but at some point, I realized I liked Lulu. I was upset when she was put in a coma, especially when Maxie was kept alive. Maxie is completely useless, IMO. 

MC - for reasons unknown and unconfirmed - was unable to film these last scenes. That’s why AH was brought on to close out the character. I loved MC’s Nikolas. I know many didn’t like him but he was fine with me. I thought he was doing a great job. I hate that his character was trashed for Esme of all people but it is what it is. I honestly don’t care what happens to Nikolas anymore. I’m fine with them killing him off because I don’t think he’s needed, especially since the writers never let him catch a break. I hate when the writers pile on one character. 

Edited by lala2
  • Like 5
3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I hate Lulu in any incarnation and think that JMB is overrated. They killed off the wrong girl. Georgie was leaps and bounds better than Lulu.

I will forever be mad they killed off Georgie. I wasn't a fan of Natalia Livingston's Emily either but they should never had killed off that character either. This show is allergic to writing off a character with "Got a better job offer/hate this town/going to college across the country" and instead just likes to murder them. If TPTB didn't want those characters around any more, they could have just send them away. V has been on a cruise for the past years!

• Like 10
  • Love 3
57 minutes ago, Mirabelle said:

I will forever be mad they killed off Georgie. I wasn't a fan of Natalia Livingston's Emily either but they should never had killed off that character either. This show is allergic to writing off a character with "Got a better job offer/hate this town/going to college across the country" and instead just likes to murder them. If TPTB didn't want those characters around any more, they could have just send them away. V has been on a cruise for the past years!

Killing Georgie was a real loss for the show, but Maxie at her funeral was one of the most memorable moments for that character. I agree about killing Emily too. Poor Monica, she’s lost so many children.

I didn’t always love JMB’s Lulu, and tend to hate when GH tries to make their female characters seem “badass” (Ava might be the one exception) but I always felt JMB was a very good actress. Did not feel that way about her successor. 

• Like 7
1 hour ago, racked said:

I didn’t always love JMB’s Lulu, and tend to hate when GH tries to make their female characters seem “badass” (Ava might be the one exception) but I always felt JMB was a very good actress. Did not feel that way about her successor. 

ER was not able to play Lulu because she kept playing Abby Newman.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, lala2 said:

MC - for reasons unknown and unconfirmed - was unable to film these last scenes. That’s why AH was brought on to close out the character. I loved MC’s Nikolas. I know many didn’t like him but he was fine with me. I thought he was doing a great job. I hate that his character was trashed for Esme of all people but it is what it is.

I don't think he was trashed for Esme. Nikolas going back to TC's last tenure was doing a lot of things that I would not have believed Nik being capable of years earlier and destructive to the character I loved since he first showed up with Stefan. I do think that MC benefited from having him paired with MW and they were able to continue a bit with their marriage of convenience turning into love. However, there wasn't much story with them. They were either hating each other, loving each other or breaking up. They never did end getting that big fancy wedding that they talked about for more than a year. Nik should have been The Cassadine and head of the family except that never seem the case. 

With NC as Spencer, the show can focus on him and by not having Nik around (whether dead, in jail, or faking his death), the show can build around Spencer as the leading Cassadine.

@nilyank - I agree that the writers care more about Spencer than Nikolas. They haven’t cared about Nikolas for years now, which is evidenced by the bad writing he gets, IMO. I’m in the minority in that I found TC interesting - for the first time - during his last run when he was doing those things most found OOC. To me, nothing he did was irredeemable, especially because they had Hayden forgive him and get into a relationship with him and there are straight up murderers as the show heroes!!

I hated that they brought him back having stayed hidden all those years. That was an unnecessary trashing, IMO. He should have been in a coma or being held hostage or something. They brought him back on a bad note. Why? To ruin his relationship with Spencer? Did they make it better? Nope. They just doubled down on ruining his relationship with his son. They never truly wrote for Nava and let them have any happiness! They continued ruining that relationship too. And then they inserted Esme into the mix. Why? Just to make things worse?!? A Esme/Nik baby was never a good idea, IMO. 

From my perspective, they kept rolling the bus over him for no reason. They showed his character no respect so I laugh when ppl mention he’s a legacy character. He’s not a Corinthos or a Carly kid so his legacy means nothing!!

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
On 2/4/2023 at 10:36 PM, ffwbe said:

I couldn’t stand 07-09 era Lulu. She started off so promising but became completely insufferable. Annoying character and they gave her so many undeserved smack down moments with other female characters who should have been able to tell the brat off. They did a complete 180 with her once Dante came on the scene. That pairing really saved her

Same. I remember the days of "The Lulu, The!" (Simpsons reference) at TwoP. She got terrible characterization for a while after the SORASing, while being on all the time and always in big stories. But I came to like her more when Dante entered the picture.

I did find JMB much better than Rylan. At least I could feel strongly about whatever the character was when JMB played her. In the Girl Reporter/"Muh daughter!" era, she was just bland. 

On 2/5/2023 at 10:25 AM, lala2 said:

I loved MC’s Nikolas. I know many didn’t like him but he was fine with me. I thought he was doing a great job. I hate that his character was trashed for Esme of all people but it is what it is. I honestly don’t care what happens to Nikolas anymore. I’m fine with them killing him off because I don’t think he’s needed, especially since the writers never let him catch a break. I hate when the writers pile on one character. 

Same, again. I had high hopes for this new Nikolas, because I'm inclined to like the character, but he was just degraded into a combination of sleaze and idiot, and I think it affected the actor's performance. And as @nilyanknotes, that really started in Tyler's last tenure. Maybe Frank just doesn't like the character, no matter who's playing him. The comparison to the writing for Julian was on the money.  

I watched Adam Huss more carefully in this last episode, because I've been seeing positive comments about him here. I don't think he's a bad actor, necessarily. He's fine for a fill-in, and he's better in this fill-in stint than he was in the earlier ones. He just doesn't do anything for me. If there were an announcement that he'd won the role long term (such as that could be called a "win," see above), I wouldn't expect to care about Nikolas's stories. I did think Coloma had some charisma through it all, and he had good chemistry with his love interest and the actors playing those close to him. But he had the least with NAC. While I liked both of them individually, I never really bought them as a father and son.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

I said it before a while back but I don’t think any of the writers under FV truly got the Nikolas character. His writing from 2012 on never matched what we saw previously, where his biggest faults involved being a horn dog. He was never a big schemer or prone to violence unless it was self defense. I think they saw Cassadine and decided he needed to be grayer but a big part of his character was trying to not be like the rest of his family. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 4
8 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I watched Adam Huss more carefully in this last episode, because I've been seeing positive comments about him here. I don't think he's a bad actor, necessarily. He's fine for a fill-in, and he's better in this fill-in stint than he was in the earlier ones. He just doesn't do anything for me.

This is where I’m at. I didn’t see anything to applaud or give kudos with respect to his performance. Just that his Nikolas’s whining is more obvious.

7 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I said it before a while back but I don’t think any of the writers under FV truly got the Nikolas character. His writing from 2012 on never matched what we saw previously, where his biggest faults involved being a horn dog. He was never a big schemer or prone to violence unless it was self defense. I think they saw Cassadine and decided he needed to be grayer but a big part of his character was trying to not be like the rest of his family. 

I agree with this. I saw some of the original Nik I liked when he showed up to save Robin. But of course it didn’t last long because…I forget why he didn’t stick around. But in hindsight that’s okay because I got those WONDERFUL reunion scenes with Robert and Anna.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 2
On 2/2/2023 at 4:48 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Hey thar, Stranger! So good to "see"  you again! I really, really, REALLY need Laura to rip Goon/Thug Nik a new arsehole. I really, really do.

Thanks, that's very nice of you to say!  

I'm glad that in today's show in her parting comment to Spencer, Laura validated what I've been saying all along- her guilt over leaving/not raising Nikolas has always stayed with her. That's the real reason she has never seen him as the selfish, weak man he really is and why she's never been REALLY hard on him, more like heartbroken about him whenever she finds out about his latest reprehensible actions.   She believes he wouldn't have made such horrible mistakes and choices if she had not abandoned him on Cassadine Island when he was an infant. 

There is the additional pain that Nikolas is the only of Laura's three kids on screen, having a real relationship with her. Lulu is still in a coma, and all we know about Lucky is that she speaks with him from time to time. The last time she actually saw him was when she and Luke rescued him during TG's retirement storyline/the return of little Jake.

While it's sad that Laura is so determined to never give up on Nikolas, it makes total sense to me.

Then you have Nikolas proving yet again what a very stupid man he is, telling Ava he's letting go of the fantasy of reconciling with her after the baby is born and instead is going to take Avery away from her with Uncle Victor's help.  A smack with a small statue is cliche though.

I guess Finn is going to now show up at Windemere to confront Nikolas about using/manipulating Elizabeth and see Ava trying to drag Nik's body somewhere?

I was wondering if Spencer's line that Nikolas should have stayed dead was the show's way of saying casting MC was a mistake,  in addition to the obvious anvil that Ava was about to smash him over the head with the metal eagle?

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

After today’s ep, are we betting on a prolonged coma? Amnesia? Dead as a doornail?

I’m hoping for anything that doesn’t bring my Ava to jail and terrible clothing. The questionable hair is bad enough.

So silly though that they did not make Nik see Ava as an ally through all of this.

Kudos to Laura for trying to bring some reality to Spencer baby plans, sadly to no avail.

• Like 14

Really, "Brookie"? You're going to sign another legal document from Linc without reading it first? Or having lawyers look it over? That's how you got into trouble in the first place, you nitwit. GAH.

I like that Laura knew Spencer was up to no good with Nik even if she didn't know the specifics. And she called him on it, too. Spencer hasn't had nearly enough of that in his life. 

Color me somewhat shocked Nik confessed to holding Esmé in the north tower and that he didn't sleep with Elizabeth. And he made no excuses.

12 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

her guilt over leaving/not raising Nikolas has always stayed with her. That's the real reason she has never seen him as the selfish, weak man he really is and why she's never been REALLY hard on him, more like heartbroken about him whenever she finds out about his latest reprehensible actions.   She believes he wouldn't have made such horrible mistakes and choices if she had not abandoned him on Cassadine Island when he was an infant. 

I agree about Laura's guilt, but I disagree that she hasn't seen who he really is. She's not the sort of mother who would call any of her kids weak and selfish (in a general sense, not in response to a particular action). And we saw Stefan raise Nik to be a responsible, respectful person, so IMO, while being dick-happy is still in character, the rest of this behavior is to a large degree a retcon.

I'm so tired of the crap with Austin/Mason. I NEVER CARED.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
18 minutes ago, Desperado said:

So silly though that they did not make Nik see Ava as an ally through all of this.

Yes!!! This would have been the much better story, IMO! Nava was great together, and the writers should have capitalized off their chemistry instead of throwing a wrecking ball at them every chance they got! 

I’m not sure why they took the route they did. I am beginning to believe they decided to kill off Nik again before Marcus left. That may be why he left. It’s clear they have no plans or direction for the character. 

Edited by lala2
  • Like 15

This exit storyline for Nikolas has been very lazily done. I have been liking the replacement more than CM. I really hate that the character is exiting this way while they redeem and whitewash Esme with an amnesia storyline. 

Soaps need to evolve from these tropes. The writers need to stop falling back on them when they write themselves into corners. 

I don't know what they were thinking when they were writing this story arc with Nikolas or where they thought they were going because I don't feel like they plot anything out. I feel sorry for Laura, though. 

Still don't care about this dumb #metoo ill-thought storyline. Brooklyn is still a complete dumbass. And she's learned nothing about telling lies. How many times does she need to be kicked in the teeth for something to seep through that thick head of hers?

They also need to stop with Finn and Elizabeth. Something else that's not working.

• Like 5
  • Applause 4
4 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

use I'm inclined to like the character, but he was just degraded into a combination of sleaze and idiot, and I think it affected the actor's performance. And as @nilyanknotes, that really started in Tyler's last tenure. Maybe Frank just doesn't like the character, no matter who's playing him. The comparison to the writing for Julian was on the money.  

I watched Adam Huss more carefully in this last episode, because I've been seeing positive comments about him here. I don't think he's a bad actor, necessarily. He's fine for a fill-in, and he's better in this fill-in stint than he was in the earlier ones. He just doesn't do anything for me. If there were an announcement that he'd won the role long term (such as that could be called a "win," see above), I wouldn't expect to care about Nikolas's stories. I did think Coloma had some charisma through it all, and he had good chemistry with his love interest and the actors playing those close to him. But he had the least with NAC. While I liked both of them individually, I never really bought them as a father and son.

I understood why Coloma was considered a weak actor by so many, because he really did have that open-mouth-fish look often. But he had such intense chemistry with Maura, and a good chemistry with NAC too.  Adam Huss is a better actor, but lacks spark, and I don't think he fits as Nikolas, who is supposed to be charming. To me he has a bit of a sleazy, squirrelly vibe.  We weren't supposed to empathize with him Friday, I don't think, but even his hug with Laura left me cold. Whereas NAC's Spencer, I'm always drawn to and I always feel some level of sympathy for when he shows vulnerability. 

The show seems allergic to good couples though, and continually wastes chemistry. As annoying as Brook Lynn is right now, she and Chase had a lot of chemistry in the beginning. Completely wasted. Nava had chemistry to spare, but they were also wasted (I guess they at least got to have sex first). I like this version of Sprina, but when SM was playing Trina, there was a smoldering chemistry there and they never even got a first kiss. But they give us tons of Drew and Carly, which no one wants. Such a mystery this show. 

Edited by standbyme
  • Like 8
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

If "I am going to take Avery" was supposed to be the moment Nik became a full on Cassadine, that should have been WAY bigger. I hope he is not dead, what a waste of a legacy character. But what else can they do with him. We've already got Lulu in a coma and Esme with amnesia! Maybe Ava can keep Nik locked in the North Tower for a couple years. 

Ugh to Finn pressing Liz to STILL KEEP LYING and to BLQ and the singer chick's relentess self-serving manipulation of Chase. If they wanted to do a #metoo storyline, maybe try to do one that doesn't make the women look bad! 

• Like 12
50 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I think this would be a good time, for a lot of reasons, to bring back Lucky.

Bring Lucky back to what end, though? He'll just be one more character in an overbloated cast, twisting in the wind.

• Applause 2