Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

I think someone said that she was 38 weeks so she’s not that early.

I thought it was 8 months that they mentioned, meaning 32 weeks.  But this pregnancy has been all over the place, time-wise, since Day One, so who even knows (or cares).

13 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

If they come up with a new name, I think there's a decent chance they'd go with Faith or Hope or something similar, because of Willow's situation.

I'm going with either Faith, Hope, or Destiny for a first name.  Maybe Michelle for a middle, since the world revolves around Michael.

• LOL 3
52 minutes ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

Did they say how far along she was?  My son was born at 36 weeks at almost 7 lbs and was considered premature (I think 37 is the cutoff). 

Not sure exactly. They went from her first to third trimester. And Willow was so insistent at first the baby shouldn't be born because she'd be premature. 

Please no to the name Hope. Though it would be a Frank thing to do to name Michael's daughter the name of Starr's kid they killed off for her entrance story to free her up for Michael's orbit. 

52 minutes ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

Did they say how far along she was?  My son was born at 36 weeks at almost 7 lbs and was considered premature (I think 37 is the cutoff). 

Not sure exactly. They went from her first to third trimester. And Willow was so insistent at first the baby shouldn't be born because she'd be premature. 

Please no to the name Hope. Though it would be a Frank thing to do to name Michael's daughter the name of Starr's kid they killed off for her entrance story to free her up for Michael's orbit. 

3 hours ago, Blackie said:

I suggested that Stella and Trina related before but someone said that Stella wasn't an aunt through blood??

Stella is Curtis’ maternal aunt. His mother was Stella’s sister.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

I was born in the dark ages (1972). I was born three months premature, 2 lb., 4 oz. And I obviously did fine.

So show getting all, "BUT THE BABY WOULD DIE!" is just stupid.

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
4 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Joss saying she’ll try to swing by Britt’s memorial tracks for her. I mean, Britt only died saving her life. Guess that answers the question about whether she feels guilt 

Cause Joss only cares about her Sex Toy/Block of Wood Mob Luver. Oh and Hating Sonny 

• Applause 10
57 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I was born in the dark ages (1972). I was born three months premature, 2 lb., 4 oz. And I obviously did fine.

So show getting all, "BUT THE BABY WOULD DIE!" is just stupid.

Back in the 90s my cousin was born roughly three months early. 20 something weeks. My aunt had to be helicoptered from Montana to Salt Lake City b/c the Billings hospital at the time couldn't care for a preemie that tiny. I forget exactly what she weighed, but my uncle could hold her in the palm of one hand.

Today my cousin has three children, is in the Navy, and runs marathons. So a baby being a few weeks early is not the high-stakes danger this show thinks it is.

• Like 10
42 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

GROSS!!! The voice over dude said that Adam House the goon will now be playing  Nik. Not temporarily, but “will now be played by…”🤬🤬🤬

I think it just means that he’s not a temporary replacement, as MC won’t be back. It doesn’t mean the character won’t be written off shortly. The writing is pretty on the wall about that.

• Like 11
51 minutes ago, Desperado said:

I think it just means that he’s not a temporary replacement, as MC won’t be back. It doesn’t mean the character won’t be written off shortly. The writing is pretty on the wall about that.

Yeah. I think the Temp placement is for if it's for a day or whatever. 
MC is gone (Bye MC) so the new guy is now NIk, but HE might not be perma Nik. but who knows)

• Like 3

I thought it was interesting how they made a very obvious parallel between the Curtis/Drew and Jordan/Stella scenes re: keeping secrets, finding out the truth of one's parentage. I did so because in the Jordan/Stella scene, Jordan, the police commissioner, specifically said that getting someone's DNA without their permission was against the law when Stella said they needed to find out the truth of whether or not Nina was Willow's mother... oops!

Now I'm not making fun of the show. I'm actually making a point. Carly DID exactly that. She snagged both Nina and Willow's DNA without their permission. Oh, and Nina specifically mentioned that as well when she first learned what Carly did.

Maybe, just maybe... there is still fall-out to come. Maybe.

Edited by driver18
  • Like 10
6 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Aunt Stella jumping to the conclusion that Portia and Curtis are related. It took her a really long time to arrive to the correct conclusion. 

6 hours ago, Blackie said:

Did she actually ask if  Portia was his daughter 🤣

Yeah, I had a god ole LOL during that scene. Yes, he time traveled back in time ala Quantum Leap, Stella!!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

GO INTO THE LIGHT, WILLOW!!!!

I was glad Curtis called out Idiot Drew for forgiving Carly so easy AND making it clear that he's on Nina's side.  Not that Drew cares given he thinks the sun shines out Carly's ass.

Joss is not only horribly self-centered (sure, maybe think about stopping by the memorial of the woman who saved your life  if you have time in your busy schedule of running around town yelling about Sonny and Nina and screwing your mobbed-up new boytoy), she's a shitty friend.  I hope Trina is pissed when she finds out everything Joss hasn't told her.  Not to mention passing judgment on Spencer and his choices when hers aren't exactly sound. 

• Like 9
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
10 minutes ago, Daisy said:

LOL everyone is thinking that, but Stella said KIN not KID

Even better, Portia is Marshall’s secret love child? Oh that would be AWESOME and gross!

7 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Joss is not only horribly self-centered (sure, maybe think about stopping by the memorial of the woman who saved your life  if you have time in your busy schedule of running around town yelling about Sonny and Nina and screwing your mobbed-up new boytoy)

Which is why I’d love if they did include Britt as part of the baby’s name, just so I could take pleasure in imagining Joss squirming every time it was used. She wouldn’t of course, but I’d imagine it anyway.

• Like 2
  • Love 4

Lol, of course Joss can't even be bothered to make an appearance at the funeral of the woman who died saving her life. Congratulations, Joss - on the Terrible People Scale you've now surpassed people who make Tik Toks in public places and then complain about other people also trying to use those public spaces.

Loved the Ava/Spencer scenes today.

• Like 12
  • Applause 1

One good thing about this Willow dying business is that it has delayed Carly's inevitable haranguing of Cam for not immediately forgiving Joss for being a liar and a cheater. 

Joss: Cam now thinks I'm a liar and a cheater.

Me: You lied and cheated on him which would make you a liar and a cheater. I can't believe you even got wait listed by fake USC. All of your daddy's money and the wait list was the best fake USC could do for you. 

• Like 7

Is anyone else as tired as I am of Nina constantly saying “my daughter”? “My daughter needs me.” “I’m going to see my daughter.”

She reminds me of an old Seinfeld episode where Elaine was at a party and a woman kept walking by talking about her fiancé: “”Have you seen my fiancé? I’ve lost my fiancé, poor baby!”

All I want is for someone to yell at Nina, “The dingo ate your daughter!” (And have it be true.)

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
7 hours ago, saoirse said:

Which is why I’d love if they did include Britt as part of the baby’s name, just so I could take pleasure in imagining Joss squirming every time it was used. She wouldn’t of course, but I’d imagine it anyway.

I think that ship sailed when they named the baby of the Christmas episode Britta.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
9 hours ago, saoirse said:

Even better, Portia is Marshall’s secret love child? Oh that would be AWESOME and gross!

I don’t know who here would remember, but on All My Children, Erica Kane’s mom Mona found out that the guy Erica was starting to get interested in was her half brother Mark. That was a fun eww

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
10 hours ago, driver18 said:

in the Jordan/Stella scene, Jordan, the police commissioner, specifically said that getting someone's DNA without their permission was against the law when Stella said they needed to find out the truth of whether or not Nina was Willow's mother... oops!

Now I'm not making fun of the show. I'm actually making a point. Carly DID exactly that. She snagged both Nina and Willow's DNA without their permission. Oh, and Nina specifically mentioned that as well when she first learned what Carly did.

Maybe, just maybe... there is still fall-out to come. Maybe.

I would LOVE if Carly got arrested for the DNA test, but I think it would pan out like Michael's lame 'identity fraud' charges against Nina. Nina would have to show the negative impact of learning Willow was her daughter. Although, it would be hilarious if Willow took the stand. If she said what Carly did was terrible, Carly would go to jail. If she said she was fine with the test, it means she doesn't hate the idea of Nina as her mom... So either way Carly would lose.

Okay, you've convinced me- let's do it! 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

Why do I have the feeling that trina's paternity is going to come out at the wedding?

And that conversation between Drew and Curtis was annoying to me.  We get it.  You don't need to hit us over the head.  Curtis will be mad when he finds out Portia didn't tell him that trina was his daughter.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

These writers (and I say that loosely), are so damned creatively bankrupt. Like I wouldn't be able to tell or remember that the SPO suddenly fading after giving birth is the SAME THING that happened to Robin when she gave birth to Emma?

The only difference is that both Anna and Patrick were there to see it happen and kept vigil, whereas the SLS is just fine and dandy, just staring at the baby, who looks at least 3 months old.

But, whatever.

I love Vernee Watson, but the constant yelling that Stella does is starting to hurt my ears.

And new/temp Nik still looks like a minion/goon/thug. There's nothing there that would tell me he's a prince, let alone someone who's supposed to be rich and sophisticated.

Is Finola/Anna and any other Scorpios not allowed to say Patrick's name because Jason is now on Young & The Restless? That line from Anna, about missing Robin, Emma, and Noah for the holidays. Yeah? What about Patrick? Last I heard, he and Robin are still happily married. And Anna loves him, too.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Like 10
4 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Is anyone else as tired as I am of Nina constantly saying “my daughter”? “My daughter needs me.” “I’m going to see my daughter.”

She reminds me of an old Seinfeld episode where Elaine was at a party and a woman kept walking by talking about her fiancé: “”Have you seen my fiancé? I’ve lost my fiancé, poor baby!”

All I want is for someone to yell at Nina, “The dingo ate your daughter!” (And have it be true.)

It does annoy me at least partly because I think she's putting too much impotance on DNA.  Nina and Willow are still the same people who hated each other a week ago.

Also, she's driving me crazy when she keeps saying that if she had known she wouldn't have been fighting with Willow.  If you are capable of not fighting with Willow because she's your daughter, you were capable of not fighting with her just in general.  Now, I know Willow was also participating in the fighting, but I haven't heard utter that ridiculous line of how there would have been no fighting had she only known.  

Before she knew she had already taken it upon herself to go to their house unasked and berate their health care choices.  If she did that as a semi-disinerested party, I'm going to hate seeing what she does for "her daughter."

• Like 3
36 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

These writers (and I say that loosely), are so damned creatively bankrupt.

I love Vernee Watson, but the constant yelling that Stella does is starting to hurt my ears.

I think the actress deserves better than the trope of being the nosy old auntie who yells and interferes in everyone's business. And that makes me tired of seeing her character on screen (which isn't fair to the actress, IMO). I'm also getting tired of the writers using her nosiness to move stagnant plots along. Try something new, guys.

But if you're going to maintain the status quo, writers, then at least have her interfere with the Cassedines and get that long-stagnant Ice Princess plot either killed or wrapped up.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, driver18 said:

Jordan, the police commissioner, specifically said that getting someone's DNA without their permission was against the law

um, okay Jordan....  but getting someone's kidney without their permission is okay, right?

30 minutes ago, rur said:

I think the actress deserves better than the trope of being the nosy old auntie who yells and interferes in everyone's business.

OMG, I have always liked her in almost everything else I've seen, but she is so loud and obnoxious and nosy in this, she is practically unwatchable (same for Portia, re: obnoxious and nosy)

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
2 hours ago, MarciNJ said:

um, okay Jordan....  but getting someone's kidney without their permission is okay, right?

She aided and abetted Portia's bringing Oz out of his coma on her own.  And was she in on Taggart's framing someone? I'm sketchy on what happened there.  Just another PC resident who picks and chooses ethics based on what's convenient for the storyline.

But, as for the kidney, to be fair, she didn't know about that until after it happened.

• Like 5

I contend that Harmony is supposed to be in hell and not an angel. She’s wearing all black, comes off sinister, is trash talking Nina and wants to keep Willow all to herself 

• Like 11

Joss "well we could go up there and support Michael, or we go up there and they'll say a hateful comment and we fight." So what hateful comment do you honestly think they'll say you selfish dipstick?

• Like 6
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, Steph J said:

Lol, of course Joss can't even be bothered to make an appearance at the funeral of the woman who died saving her life. Congratulations, Joss - on the Terrible People Scale you've now surpassed people who make Tik Toks in public places and then complain about other people also trying to use those public spaces.

Especially since it's at the hospital. Someone could come discreetly get her if necessary.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Stupid Willow. Can't even walk through the light properly. 

Although Harmony did say it was one more step and then Willow took about 5!

I bet they name the baby Angel, or Angela something like that.

I was a nice touch to drag out Bobbie for the 4 generations but seriously does she still work at the hospital??

I liked Stella's dress, it looked great on her. Portia is so annoying.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Although Harmony did say it was one more step and then Willow took about 5!

LOL yeah. when she took the "one more step" i was like hurrah! she's dead!" then nope. 

I am not getting why we're not being shown the scenes of them getting told bad news. 

• Like 3

Foreshadowing Trina and Spencer getting married to strengthen his case for custody? 
Whatcha gonna do Stella? 
Elizabeth and her Mom not arguing is encouraging. I hope Elizabeth tells Nik she’s done with his stupid plans. Her boys need her. 
I’m liking Austin more and more. He and Ava could be a couple. 

• Like 17
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I'm going with either Faith,

Faith Roscoe kidnapped Michael as a child, so that option might not be a good idea!!

Was this taped after Sonya Eddie's death?  Because the same way Donna is named after a behind the scenes hairdresser who passed, I can see them using the name Sonya for the same reason.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 5

As everyone has mentioned, there's no way that super-adorable nugget is a premature baby, lol. And Willow and Michael calling the baby "walnut" is news to me.

7 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I am not getting why we're not being shown the scenes of them getting told bad news. 

It's too much work to write reactions, and this way they don't have to follow through, which is a very weak point of the show.

5 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

Foreshadowing Trina and Spencer getting married to strengthen his case for custody? 

It worked for the dolts.

I can't believe (spoiler: Of course I can) Curtis and Portia still haven't had a serious discussion about having their own kids. Even if Trina is Curtis's (#KeepTrinaTaggert's), will he be satisfied with a basically grown kid? I doubt it.

• Like 8
48 minutes ago, Daisy said:

WALK INTO THE LIGHT, WILLOW!

Why is the friggin' light so far away?!!!!  Harmony, move the light closer so Willow only has to take two steps and you'll make us all very very happy.  

31 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Joss "well we could go up there and support Michael, or we go up there and they'll say a hateful comment and we fight." So what hateful comment do you honestly think they'll say you selfish dipstick?

Also, here's a crazy thought, maybe control yourselves like the adults you are, or at least pretend to be, even if SNina decided to start something.  

13 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I was a nice touch to drag out Bobbie for the 4 generations

I was two minds of this,  it is always cool to see 4 generations together.  When my nephew had his first son, there was a picture taken of my mom, my sister, my nephew and the baby and it was super cool shot.  But here, we have 4 generations together  meanwhile Nina sits by herself on a couch waiting for word of whether her only remaiining daughter will survive.  

• Like 8
  • Applause 5
9 minutes ago, PatsyandEddie said:

It does seem to be a winning strategy in Port Charles family court. It worked for Michael and Willow to get Wiley, and it worked for Valentin and Nina to get Charlotte.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, perkie1968 said:

Nina sits by herself on a couch waiting for word of whether her only remaiining daughter will survive.  

and knowing regardless if she survived or not, Nina will also not be able to enjoy her first granddaughter. 

2 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Why is the friggin' light so far away?!!!!  Harmony, move the light closer so Willow only has to take two steps and you'll make us all very very happy.  

exactly!!! but i mean. whatever. why not just remove any agency/suspense of this story why don't you show?

5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It's too much work to write reactions, and this way they don't have to follow through, which is a very weak point of the show.

Ah I see, and i agree with your second point

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
9 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Was this taped after Sonya Eddie's death?  Because the same way Donna is named after a behind the scenes hairdresser who passed, I can see them using the name Sonya for the same reason.  

Sonya seems like a name that fits Esme's baby better (to me for some reason), do we know the sex of Esme's baby?

27 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Sonya seems like a name that fits Esme's baby better (to me for some reason), do we know the sex of Esme's baby?

I don’t believe we do. She’s was calling her belly Ace. Today she just said Baby. Sonya is a European name. Maybe it seems suitable because she and Spencer lived in Europe? I’m partial to it but then it was my Mom’s name. 
Trina grounds Spencer he needs that  

• Like 5
  • Love 2

For someone who claims her whole life is a dolt fiancé, an idiot child, and a clearly-not-premature cutie pie of a newborn, it sure didn't take much for Willow to nearly join Harmony into the light. 

If that baby is so premature, would they allow so many visitors and touching? And no masks? And all that loose hair?

I wonder if Willow's complications will result in a hysterectomy, leaving her unable to have more kids?

Spit it out, Stella. She butts in when it's not warranted and doesn't say anything when it is. Sigh.

LOL that everyone is praying in the waiting area, not the chapel.

Sorry, who is Nina's daughter? I must have missed that reveal.

Edited by dubbel zout
grammar
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1