Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Yeah, Taggert, that's not what Jordan was talking about when she mentioned Trina. You poor dumb as a box of rocks man. 

Yeah, why wouldn't Taggert have figured it out or had some inkling based on when Portia and Curtis had the affair and Trina's birthday.  

• Like 3

Okay, halfway through but is this the opposite of “killing” Heinrik? There was a pool of blood when he fell down the stairs, yet with Nikolas, no blood on the statue, Ava’s hands, the back of Nik’s head, OR on the floor!

And was it just me, or was there some spark with Elizabeth and Drew?

• Useful 1

Did the writers ever attempt to explain how an experienced doctor and nurse like Finn and Liz failed to properly diagnosis a dead guy? Did they ever explain how Peter got out of the freezer? Who took care of him while he recovered from death? 

Edited by Mirabelle
  • Like 3
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1
7 minutes ago, Mirabelle said:

Did the writers ever attempt to explain how an experienced doctor and nurse like Finn and Liz failed to properly diagnosis a dead guy?

No

Did they ever explain how Peter got out of the freezer?

Nope

Who took care of him while he recovered from death? 

and the trifecta!

• Applause 5
  • LOL 2
51 minutes ago, Mirabelle said:

Did the writers ever attempt to explain how an experienced doctor and nurse like Finn and Liz failed to properly diagnosis a dead guy? Did they ever explain how Peter got out of the freezer? Who took care of him while he recovered from death? 

I can't explain the bad medicine but I thought it was Victor who got Peter out since he wanted to get that info that was locked away in Drew's memories and he believed that Peter was the only one who would be able to get those memories.

• Like 3

Granted I need to catch up on an ep or two, but I did want to chime in on about the recent Nikolas Discourse:

Whoever the actor, I think this is who Nik has been for a long time. He's been going down a darker and darker trajectory for the better part of 20 years. He dabbled in Stefan and Stavros' sketchier dealings for a while. He cheated on Emily and then lost her forever, which broke him on a fundamental level IMO. He slept with his beloved brother's wife when they'd all been friends since kids and carried on a torrid affair with her, then had a protracted battle over Elizabeth's pregnancy. He got in too deep with Hayden Barnes and tried to have her killed. Then he fled the country and ended up getting got by Billy Joel Valentin, somehow.

I am not some huge Nikolas fan by any means, but there is nuance to some of this. It's been somewhat overwritten by both the show and overzealous fans who just really love to watch Nicholas Chavez do his thing to claim Nik was always a bad father, but based on the show I watched Nikolas was a devoted father to Spencer for a very long time, or at least as devoted as most soap parents in frontburner story get, raising him consistently in PC and then offscreen in Europe - until about 2015, when he skipped town on the Hayden rap and then 'died'. His staying underground, faking his death and diving deeper into the dark to take Valentin down was what changed everything for him and his son IMO. But all this has been a long time coming for Nik's character AFAIC. When he tried to kill Hayden and then fled as Tyler exited the role I bought it, because Nikolas had been cruising downhill morally since he lost not just Emily but before that Stefan, who also lost himself to the same darkness (and very bad writing). There's also the loss of the guiding influence of Laura, who for a long time was catatonic in a long-term facility. And Lucky and his sister both being gone, the sister Nik adored from birth. The affairs, the schemes, etc. all led here - knocking up his son's girlfriend, locking her in a tower, etc. It's all very Cassadine, for good or ill.

GH very rarely gets super good these days IMO but some scenes along with great performances really hit for me still. A week or two ago, Ava said "my God, you're so weak. I can't believe there was a time I didn't see it." That really encapsulates a lot of the Nikolas character to me. He wants to be good, he means well but often he is weak, and goes down bad paths. I don't want Nikolas gone for good and I do think Adam Huss has done a surprisingly good job - better than Coloma in recent days - but I hope someday Tyler can return. They don't need to clean Nik up too much for me though. This is just who he is now IMO, a very gray character.

On a side note though: If they try to use all this to make Esme a conventional heroine on the show fuck that. That character is a lot of fun but is the definition of SHELF LIFE. Paging Obrecht, Nina, etc.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5
On 2/2/2023 at 10:56 AM, Cheyanne11 said:

I like that, too.  I'm guessing at some point she'll get her memories back and be at least partially horrified, which is an OK reset for the character.  Better than 'the tumor made me do it.'

As someone who was rooting for Esme to be at least somewhat redeemed and then paired with Spencer, I am really liking this idea!

On 2/2/2023 at 3:51 PM, VioletMarx said:

Ugh, not looking forward to watching Laura mourn again. And now she'll have NONE of her kids on the canvas? WTH? #WakeUpLulu 

Better yet, #BringBackLucky!

On 2/2/2023 at 11:23 PM, Kitty Redstone said:

That is what it's looking like but I'd be awfully sad if they killed off Nik again. I think he's an interesting, non-Corinthii character and am hoping he's merely off-screen for awhile while they recast with someone else. 

But ultimately, this is the best outcome for Nik... off screen for a while then a recast.  Maybe it will turn out that the Nik we have been seeing doing all this rotten stuff was an impostor.

• Like 8
6 hours ago, jsbt said:

A week or two ago, Ava said "my God, you're so weak. I can't believe there was a time I didn't see it." That really encapsulates a lot of the Nikolas character to me. He wants to be good, he means well but often he is weak, and goes down bad paths.

I wish we'd see him wrestle more with going down the bad paths. I don't feel as if we've had the dotted lines connected as clearly as you connected them, @jsbt. After Nik returned from the dead would have been a good time for him and Elizabeth or Alexis to have had some conversations about how Emily's death has had lasting repercussions for him, but Nik rarely, if ever, gets any scenes like that. He's all dumb, rash decisions.

• Like 6
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, jsbt said:

His staying underground, faking his death and diving deeper into the dark to take Valentin down was what changed everything for him and his son IMO. But all this has been a long time coming for Nik's character AFAIC. When he tried to kill Hayden and then fled as Tyler exited the role I bought it, because Nikolas had been cruising downhill morally since he lost not just Emily but before that Stefan, who also lost himself to the same darkness (and very bad writing).

While this all works on paper, MC was not the actor to bring that to the screen.  He was missing that dark gravitas (I;m thinking of Robert Kelker Kelly's Stavros) to make Nik's dessent into darkness work.  I don't know if it was MC's younger pretty boy looks but for me, he just didn't have "dark, tormented Cassadine" in his wheelhouse.  AH doesn't have it either which is why he's fine as the Nik fill in but I can't see him being full time Nik unless they redeem him away from Dark Nik  (assuming Nik survives)

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Ugh! The Austin character, with his DOA Q connection, was a mess to begin with. Then they snoozily pair him with Maxie, followed by the unspeakably annoying Mason, while denying us the great chemistry he had with Brit. NOW, just when he is getting spry and flirty with Ava, they have to ruin any chance of me ever rooting for him by making him another morally bankrupt doctor at GH, who is all too happy to coverup a murder (for someone he barely knows) (without even checking to see if he could aid the person). Are there any medical professionals even left at GH who are not immoral lunatics?! I guess TJ and Terry. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 4

Call me crazy but I don’t think the show needed to go through any major hoops when Nik returned. He just needed better writing! Years had passed since TC’s run so they had a fresh start with Nikolas for the most part! 

First, you don’t write him having stayed hidden all these years. That’s crazy and wildly OOC because no matter what Spencer says now, Nikolas was a great father to him. Nikolas wouldn’t have done that to Spencer OR he would have kept Spencer in the know. Nikolas and Spencer had a tight bond. Why ruin that? Nikolas could have been partially paralyzed or something and was working to regain his strength with Spencer’s knowledge, or he could have been in a coma and recently recovered. Whatever. I never liked the idea that he stayed away from his young son for years. It just wasn’t believable, and it really ruined the Nik/Spencer relationship. Keep that bond tight. They could have put strain on that bond with Nikolas growing closer to Ava and eventually falling in love with her. 

Second, Sean should have been released but that #JusticeforHayden crap should have never been raised. That’s a plot best left forgotten. Why retcon it and remind the audience of it? I remember when Nik had her shot and then they fell in love. It didn’t bother me but a good portion of the audience was outraged. They successfully moved past it for the most part so why raise it again?!  What purpose did that serve?!?

Third, you do Nava but do them right. MC and MW had crazy chemistry. The show should have taken advantage of that chemistry, not continuously squander it! Nava should have been a power couple, making moves and ruling PC, not the tragic mess that they became. 

And, lastly, Esme NEVER should have been included in their story. I’m one who thinks the development of her character has been lackluster and awful (and remains that way AFAIC), but her sleeping with Nik and getting pregnant by him was just never a good story. I don’t understand the appeal of saddling a 19-year old with a kid, and I never saw any story potential with Nik and Esme having a baby. Ok. Now what? They constantly fight about the baby?! He constantly tries to take it from her?! She tries to run away with it?! Oh, I’m glued to my screen. 🙄

Sorry. I’m not sure why these writers think most women are baby obsessed but if I had it my way, most of the recent babies on this show would have never been formed. Is there a purpose to Bailey? Scout? Donna? Leo? The one time I wanted a baby born (Brasha), they killed it off!! 

Esme’s schemes should have never included sex or a pregnancy, and Nava should have been working her together. They should have remained a United force against her. That would have been the more interesting story, IMO. 

So, I think Nik could have stayed if the writers were even slightly interested in his character and had any creativity at all! 

• Like 12
  • Applause 2
17 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I don’t understand the appeal of saddling a 19-year old with a kid

This show has baby rabies, that's why.  Bad enough that every actor who is pregnant has the story written in, but the writers are basically Oprah at this point ("You get a baby!  And you get a baby!")

• Like 4
  • LOL 10
13 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I mean, having seen it, maybe MC was right in refusing to film that.  Just sayin.'

Said that in jest weeks ago and got raked over the coals. 🤣 If he’s dead, I hope for a Victor intervention and this:

9 hours ago, yowsah1 said:

Maybe it will turn out that the Nik we have been seeing doing all this rotten stuff was an impostor.

If not, it’s a really sad end for a legacy character, son of an epic character.

Meanwhile we got the Britt glorious death marathon.  

• Like 5
37 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Nikolas was a great father to him.

I can't agree with this. Nik indulged Spencer way too much. While mpart of this was Frank and the writers loving Nicholas Bechtel running around in a tiny smoking jacket and cravat being obnoxiously precocious, the fact remains that Nik rarely laid down any ground rules, let alone enforced them.

40 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I don’t understand the appeal of saddling a 19-year old with a kid, and I never saw any story potential with Nik and Esme having a baby.

It feels more in character for Esmé to fake being pregnant, and then the amnesia outs her that way. But she's of childbearing years, so a child she shall bear. Ugh.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
57 minutes ago, lala2 said:

So, I think Nik could have stayed if the writers were even slightly interested in his character and had any creativity at all! 

If he's not in the Carly's orbit, there is no interest in writing him.  Just like every other character/storyline.  

11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

But she's of childbearing years, so a child she shall bear. Ugh.

You don't need to be of childbearing years.  just look at 50 year old Curtis salavating over a possible pregnancy with 50 year old Portia.  In all the times that he's brought it up, not once has she pointed out that it would be a geriatric pregnancy for her.  Now maybe curtis bringing it up is more about the Triina reveal than a baby, but still.  

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

Adam Huss was the Nik we needed right now and i thank him for his service.

I also really appreciate the days without Carlys and the addition of the very attractive men of the Robinson family. Paging Jordan!

'

• Like 13
1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

Are there any medical professionals even left at GH who are not immoral lunatics?! I guess TJ and Terry. 

I guess that's why TJ is the doctor of all trades, showing up for everything from blood draws to chemo to baby deliveries. :-)

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
6 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

While this all works on paper, MC was not the actor to bring that to the screen.  He was missing that dark gravitas (I;m thinking of Robert Kelker Kelly's Stavros) to make Nik's dessent into darkness work.  I don't know if it was MC's younger pretty boy looks but for me, he just didn't have "dark, tormented Cassadine" in his wheelhouse.  AH doesn't have it either which is why he's fine as the Nik fill in but I can't see him being full time Nik unless they redeem him away from Dark Nik  (assuming Nik survives)

MC was weak. But this all started long before that for me with Tyler, who pulled it off. The shabby affair with Courtney that felt like a pre-midlife crisis and ended his marriage to Emily, the dark time with Liz, their affair and her pregnancy with Aidan, bouncing between holding out hope for her and sketchy women he barely knew like Britt and finally getting involved with Hayden and trying to kill her, then ruefully fleeing town with none other than Ava at his side. That all happened in a ten year span long before Marcus Coloma took the role, and nothing he did in it changed that downward trajectory for Nikolas to me. On a side note, I forgot to mention Nikolas' rage epilepsy or whatever and his endless hallucinations of Emily. Remember that mess? Not exactly a stable period. Followed by his getting involved with his dead wife's grifter twin.

Putting aside the show's already-discussed lazy preference for conservative baby stories and making young people settle down immediately, on its face Spencer's insistence on adopting his unborn sibling is preposterous. As Laura has said he knows nothing about children, is not equipped and is indeed doing the Cassadine thing to his father. He is rash and smug and that's been part of his personality since Nicolas Bechtel; he is reveling in it all the same way Nikolas sometimes does. He's more sympathetic and more of a 'good' character atm, but he's not all good - this aspect of him is just who he is, just like Nikolas. And that's fine, it makes for good drama however the other elements of the story fail.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 4
  • Useful 2

I wish they just gave Alexis her law license back. Not only did she lose it for the dumbest reason, the lack of lawyer/client privilege doesn’t seem to be a deterrent for her friends and family to constantly reach out to her for legal advice. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
1 minute ago, ffwbe said:

I wish they just gave Alexis her law license back. Not only did she lose it for the dumbest reason, the lack of lawyer/client privilege doesn’t seem to be a deterrent for her friends and family to constantly reach out to her for legal advice. 

I'm not sure why she really didn't fight it

• Like 2

God lord, Michael and Willow are dull. They’re clearly assuming that the entire viewing audience has baby fever because these scenes are a waste of screentime. Weird that Carly mentioned Donna’s spina bifida only to end up saying she’s perfect now. Another pointless pregnancy that ended up a non story.

I think MW and RoHo work well together so I don’t mind it but they should have established a friendship leading up to this story because I have absolutely no idea why he’s helping her. 

I don’t know how long Ava expects to keep Nik’s disappearance a secret. Eventually someone will notice that he’s missing and we know the docks have cameras so they’ll showing him going to Spoon Island but never coming back. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
16 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I think MW and RoHo work well together so I don’t mind it but they should have established a friendship leading up to this story because I have absolutely no idea why he’s helping her. 

Becuuuuz, she helped him with his "cuuuuz" Mason.🙄

17 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I don’t know how long Ava expects to keep Nik’s disappearance a secret. Eventually someone will notice that he’s missing and we know the docks have cameras so they’ll showing him going to Spoon Island but never coming back. 

I haven't seen today's yet, but if Nik's still in the closet, and not wrapped up and put on ice-literally-then the "body" IF he's dead, will start to rot and smell. Oh, wait. I forgot what show this was.

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

I still don't understand why as a Doctor, Austin didn't examine the body. Or you know, instead of hiding the body and doing this again, simply lie and say that Nik fell and hit his head.

• Like 7
32 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Lisel speaking all the truths about Carly. love it. 

And she didn't have to be drunk to do it!

I wish Ava had uncovered a horse's head when she pulled back her covers, ha!

58 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

the lack of lawyer/client privilege doesn’t seem to be a deterrent for her friends and family to constantly reach out to her for legal advice. 

The circumstances are usually phrased as hypothetical, so I don't think a lack of privilege matters. 

Another go-nowhere baby story. What's the point of all of this? If we have to suffer through a pregnancy every month, give me some real stakes, not this bogus crap that we all know will turn out fine.

• Applause 5
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Another go-nowhere baby story. What's the point of all of this? If we have to suffer through a pregnancy every month, give me some real stakes, not this bogus crap that we all know will turn out fine.

honestly. like somany times people go "don't you do anything to the baby!" or "they deserve to be together for the baby" or whatever, but it just makes for predictable and horrible storytelling. 

This storyline need to have weight to it and to actually start making these two dipsticks have some agency to it. the baby being "perfect" justifies Willow's decision. Willow choosing have stage 4 cancer has no consequence yet because other than being "tired" there is nothing showing there yet either. As supportive as Michael is being why isn't he venting his frustration at someone that Willow chose to do it like this? If this were my partner, I would be LIVID when i wasn't with them (being supportive) because again Willow caught the cancer stupid early. 

Willow dying (or the baby being sick anyway) would have had long lasting repercussions. it would lead into more and future stories. I am gathering that Austin is looking all :( is because the steam cells aren' going to work but whatever - because they weren't having the baby to cure Willow anyway. (i mean arguably maybe this would have been better if it were WILEY who needed the transplant, Willow got sick with the Carly "You can't be pregnant or you'll die" sickness (which apparently doesn't kill Carly anyway), and then it could have more weight everything. I dunno. this is just dull. 

and really it's not like i want that adorable baby girl to be dead. but i want to know watching for... (okay 2 months out of the storyline because i got bored), had some nuance to it.  but

Willow is fine. 
Baby is Fine
Carlys are happy
Nina is sad puppy.

nothinng has changed at all. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 4
1 minute ago, Daisy said:

(or the baby being sick anyway) would have had long lasting repercussions

Nah—look at Donna's spinal bifida. She gets surgery shortly after being born and is fine. No repercussions whatsoever.

It's completely pointless.

• Like 11
Just now, dubbel zout said:

Nah—look at Donna's spinal bifida. She gets surgery shortly after being born and is fine. No repercussions whatsoever.

yeah. okay so month long repercussion.  LOL

• Like 2
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I haven't seen today's yet, but if Nik's still in the closet, and not wrapped up and put on ice-literally-then the "body" IF he's dead, will start to rot and smell. Oh, wait. I forgot what show this was.

It makes as much sense as the time Anna held Faison in the Windemere stables, under a trap door for what, a year? 

Edited because trapped door and trap door, not the same. 

Edited by ciarra
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

They are writing to a conservative Facebook audience. That audience just wants to see the young people (or in Carly's case, any people; sorry Laura Wright, you still look stunning) have babies, stay together and do well. Ergo, the riveting Michael and Willow romance in which both parties still look like they're in junior high yet breed constantly.

Howarth and Maura have had chemistry since her first days onscreen with her opposite bleach blond Franco where they crackled together despite his idiotic return, but it's too late to put them together now. Dr. Austin is thus far mostly a boring nice guy. We've seen Ava with boring nice men - I lived through Griffin. What are their stories supposed to be? Ava is a villain or at the very least a dark antiheroine. So that's all to say that yes, they should recast Nik sooner than later or put her with someone equally dark.

The Chase/BLQ storyline is so dumb yet at the same time is giving exactly the same kind of coked-up, neon-drenched energy as dozens of other pop star/singing storylines on soaps in the '80s and '90s. A skeezy producer! A cop or other hero 'forced' to sing! A secret and wholly unnecessary Scooby Gang plan in which a bunch of young people plot like the Goonies to 'get' this recurring bad guy who is just happy to not be waiting tables in Santa Monica anymore! Other assorted hapless recurring players all built around this silly story! It's giving me distinct "Lujack is a pop star, no really" vibes from '80s GL and a bit of the legendary Danny Romalotti and Friends musical capers from Y&R, or Ricky Paull Goldin's silly stuff on AW. It's dumb and I don't really care about Chase or his romance with Brook at all, but I can't be mad at the story bc it's a pretty classic daytime chestnut, however lame the execution. And I do think the Dr. Luke/Kesha/Scooter Braun/T-Swift parallels are very relevant, and could be made use of in a much better storyline.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

I wish they just gave Alexis her law license back.

There is no real need for another lawyer right now.  We have Diane, Scotty and Martin on a show that is allergic to catching criminals.  

59 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

because I have absolutely no idea why he’s helping her. 

I think it's because of his own family issues.  From what very little we've been told about the family business and Mason's place in it, I got the feeling that the family is mobbed up and Austin's job is to nurse the bad guys back to health.  So I'm guessing he would see himself in Ava and want to help.  Or I could be completely overthinking it and the writers have no clue why Austin would help.  

39 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I still don't understand why as a Doctor, Austin didn't examine the body.

I think we're supposed to assume that he did.  When Ava woke up from her nightmare, she asked Austin if Nik was really dead and he said yes.  I'm going to assume that in offscreen land, Austin confirmed that Nik was truly dead.  What was done with the body is a good question, since Ava got freaked out that police would show up at Windemere and find it.  

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

I find Alexis so much more interesting as the newspaperwoman than I have as a lawyer in about 20 years, because it feels like a logical progression not only of her values but of her very poor choices as a person that have finally had real consequences. Nonetheless, she can still have a life and build something new and strong from her own interests and sense of purpose. You don't see that kind of organic sea change in a character on soaps often anymore. As a pitch "Alexis runs the paper" sounded ridiculous to me, but after I saw how it was set up and NLG playing it I think it sings.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 5
  • Love 2

The 'dum, dum, dum" at the end of the episode as Austin hesitates telling Willow what the results of the testing on the stem cells is, are we supposed to think that there is a problem? Because "fool me twice..." you know.

Carly: "The baby is SO smart. I waved at her and she knew me." So @nilyank is right and they switched Willow's baby with a 6 month old because newborns can't focus their eyes yet.

29 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Every story about the Carlys.

I wish that Liesl had decided to find out what's up with Carly and Drew herself instead of telling Nina to find out. It would be a good distraction after Britt's death and with Liesl doing it herself, something actually might get done. Also because Nina is already hated enough by the Carlys and their pack and Liesl wouldn't care if they hated  her.

54 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

"But if indeed you find him not within this month, you shall nose him as you go up the stairs into the lobby."

Ava needs more classical literature in her life.

• Like 8
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Amelia Grace Corinthos? I thought Michael hated all that last name stood for and had changed his to Quartermaine.

LOL at how squirmy and vocal the baby was. I wonder if the twin had timed out and they couldn't make the swap to a more serene infant.

2 minutes ago, jsbt said:

As a pitch "Alexis runs the paper" sounded ridiculous to me, but after I saw how it was set up and NLG playing it I think it sings.

It's fairly logical, especially for GH.

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I think it's because of his own family issues.  From what very little we've been told about the family business and Mason's place in it, I got the feeling that the family is mobbed up and Austin's job is to nurse the bad guys back to health.  So I'm guessing he would see himself in Ava and want to help.  Or I could be completely overthinking it and the writers have no clue why Austin would help.  

If Austin's adopted family of Gatlins(?) turns out to be like some sort of Ozark backwoods crime shit, that could be interesting or at least give Howarth something more to play besides 'nice doctor on TV show because Frank is still not over Roger slipping through his fingers to CBS 20 years ago'. That being said it would still be a story centered around Roger Howarth #3 and some recurring players. Unless they reveal Austin Gatlin-Holt is in fact a closet backwoods underworld psychopath and play that out accordingly (leading to his eventual exit), I am not super interested.

7 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I think we're supposed to assume that he did.  When Ava woke up from her nightmare, she asked Austin if Nik was really dead and he said yes.  I'm going to assume that in offscreen land, Austin confirmed that Nik was truly dead.  What was done with the body is a good question, since Ava got freaked out that police would show up at Windemere and find it.  

I don’t understand why this wasn’t shown though. They had the actor available, it’s not fun to play dead but we would know for sure. Now it’s more like the Peter story where he was diagnosed dead by two medical professionals, put in a fridge and left there for months until “surprise”, he isn’t. Copy and paste.

Unless Austin saw Nik wasn’t dead but didn’t tell Ava because he wants to… control her and her money?

Everything is so weird, like Ava just going to bed and asking Austin to stay, off camera. It doesn’t seem like her to be overwhelmed by trauma enough to forget Austin was even there and have a lie down before disposing of the body.

In other news, that is still one cute baby though and with a lot to say, apparently. 😂

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I say it so often, but Ava came on this show gut-shooting a woman in cold blood and leaving her to bleed out in her office. That sets a tone for a character no matter how much they've tried to reverse-engineer more romantic or heroic aspects into her (poorly). She would not go for a liedown if she'd 'killed' Nikolas and let The Men soothe her.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 6
  • Applause 2
5 minutes ago, jsbt said:

I say it so often, but Ava came on this show gut-shooting a woman in cold blood and leaving her to bleed out in her office. That sets a tone for a character no matter how much they've tried to reverse-engineer more romantic or heroic aspects into her (poorly). She would not go for a liedown if she'd 'killed' Nikolas and let The Men soothe her.

I was going to say, isn't/wasn't Ava a mobster? Surely she has someone on speed dial who can get rid of bodies. Johnny's guys need work, c'mon!

• Like 6
20 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Amelia Grace Corinthos? I thought Michael hated all that last name stood for and had changed his to Quartermaine.

No, he thought about it when he was alll "Murah murah I hate you Sonny for not murdering Nina, murah murah." and said while he thought about it, but since Morgan was a Corinthos, he wanted to stay "connected" to him. (aka. when i stop pouting and remember that I too wanted to be in the mob, it will be a waste of paper work to change back)

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

So @nilyank is right and they switched Willow's baby with a 6 month old because newborns can't focus their eyes yet.

It's the youngest SORASed child actor yet!!!  That baby is 6 months old if he's a day.  I also found it hilarious that there was no containing him in the blanket, that he was kicking that thing off which was super obvious when the nurse picked him up to give him to Willow.  He was practically holding up his head, which just makes it funnier.  Amelia's going to go home and kick the bratty snot outta Wylie!!!

• LOL 5
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't know whether to use the Like or Sad Face emoji for your post, @jsbt. In a lot of ways, Ava has been defanged, to her detriment.

I still want to know what the original storyline plan RC had for Maura was, where she was only supposed to be on for what, a week? Two weeks? She was intended to be very short-term to introduce Kiki and NuFranco. They really thought Maura West would not immediately take the show by storm as she did. I think Ava is more edgy now than she's been in some past years like the Griffin crap or some of the earlier, more soppy fairy princess schtick with Nikolas which was not true to who they are (and who Nikolas had become). But yes, the constant vacillation by the writers between more dark schemes and trying to turn her into an agony aunt or Carly Snyder from ATWT over the last 6-7 years is tiresome. I think her current cozy relationships with Sonny, Laura and Nina are equally gonzo and completely off-brand. Would never happen and is symptomatic of the show trying to make her place on the show safer. Ava doesn't need it.

• Useful 1