Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

16 minutes ago, jsbt said:

I say it so often, but Ava came on this show gut-shooting a woman in cold blood and leaving her to bleed out in her office. That sets a tone for a character no matter how much they've tried to reverse-engineer more romantic or heroic aspects into her (poorly). She would not go for a liedown if she'd 'killed' Nikolas and let The Men soothe her.

Yesterday, Ava said something to Austin like, "I'm not that person anymore" so I'm assuming that since she lost Kiki and had Avery and mentored Trina, that she beleives she's a good person and pulled away from the Jerome mob family person that she was.  I don't know that that translates into hand wringing, what do I do, I need a man to save me mode, but what can you do.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
Just now, perkie1968 said:

Yesterday, Ava said something to Austin like, "I'm not that person anymore" so I'm assuming that since she lost Kiki and had Avery and mentored Trina, that she beleives she's a good person and pulled away from the Jerome mob family person that she was.

lol ok. Sure, Ava.

• LOL 3

I know Austin was just helping Ava and that could've put him in a mood but he didn't seem upbeat about any news Teri may come in with for Willow. Is there still hope for Die, Willow, Die. I mean it would be a shame for Michael's dick to only death curse 2 of 3 sisters. Amelia is too normal for people who find Wylie an acceptable name but ok. Of course Michael would keep the Corrinthos name. 

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The 'dum, dum, dum" at the end of the episode as Austin hesitates telling Willow what the results of the testing on the stem cells is, are we supposed to think that there is a problem?

Austin tomorrow: "I'm sorry to tell you, Willow, but...you're going to have to put up with Michael for decades because the stem cells are a perfect match!"

• Hugs 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 9
44 minutes ago, Desperado said:

Unless Austin saw Nik wasn’t dead but didn’t tell Ava because he wants to… control her and her money?

I also wondered if Austin was lying about Nik being dead.   Based on his interactions with his cousin, Austin has mob connections.   He's said several times that he wants out.  Perhaps he handed Nik over to the mob as leverage to get free himself from working with that woman boss Mason keeps bringing up (Selena, maybe?)    Then the mob can use Nik as a way to blackmail Ava into doing their bidding (whatever that may be). 

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, jsbt said:

I find Alexis so much more interesting as the newspaperwoman than I have as a lawyer in about 20 years, because it feels like a logical progression not only of her values but of her very poor choices as a person that have finally had real consequences. Nonetheless, she can still have a life and build something new and strong from her own interests and sense of purpose. You don't see that kind of organic sea change in a character on soaps often anymore. As a pitch "Alexis runs the paper" sounded ridiculous to me, but after I saw how it was set up and NLG playing it I think it sings.

Can someone please explain to me why Alexis does not change the name of the newspaper??? The Intruder, really? Very ethical and journalistic.

• LOL 5

Leukemia, delayed treatment, baby by c-section, hemorrhaging, walking into the light, but not quite. Meeting with miracle child who is as healthy as can be. 

All I know is that those stem cells better not be a match.

This whole storyline has been something. Just die, Willow. 

• Like 15
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

It's the youngest SORASed child actor yet!!!  That baby is 6 months old if he's a day.  I also found it hilarious that there was no containing him in the blanket, that he was kicking that thing off which was super obvious when the nurse picked him up to give him to Willow.  He was practically holding up his head, which just makes it funnier.  Amelia's going to go home and kick the bratty snot outta Wylie!!!

The baby is a girl, so she.

49 minutes ago, Blackie said:

The baby is a boy?

No. 

Unless they're using boy baby twins. or triplets.

Love that Liesl hates Elizabeth because Scottie goes running when she calls.  That's funny.

Do we know where Nik's body is? Is Ava going to get away with killing him, or will he, at some point in time, rise from the grave?

• Like 6
2 hours ago, Blackie said:

The baby is a boy?

and

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

No. 

Unless they're using boy baby twins. or triplets.

They're using twin boys.  

I was talking about the actors who play the baby being six months old and not a newborn.  

Edited by perkie1968
  • Like 2
  • Useful 5
20 hours ago, BlueMax said:

So Austin wants to save Ava, but God forbid he try to save the supposed dead guy in the closet.  You know a doctor that applies his craft at G.H.  Who writes this crap????

I thought for sure that he would at least check to make sure Nik is dead.  Nope.  Not with these writers.  I need a drink after watching that.

• Like 4

Those are truly beautiful babies playing Amelia Grace. I do love her name because I’ve seen some really stupid names being saddled on children who will have to grow up with these. Shame on these parents. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 2/7/2023 at 12:51 PM, perkie1968 said:

It wasn't really half the town.  It included the bride's daugher plus father/brother who showed up for the event.  The groom's father and best man, plus nephew/niece in law.  Plus Liz, whos works with the bride and for a minute I thought would be either maid of honour or bridemaid if Trina's the MOH.  Laura showed up because she and Curtis are besties and she needed to tell them she would be officiating since Stella is suddenly MIA.  

This.  What is that all about?  I get maybe doing it once or twice about the ring, when showing it to another woman, but now it's all the time.  Girl you're not in your twenties or is this your first marriage.  I like Curtis, but he's not exiting enough to squeal over.  

I want them to pull a Weekend at Bernie's (80s movie reference for you youngens!) and have Ava or Austin drag him around town, holding him up, raising up his arm to wave a people.  Who do I pay to see that?  

That would be the best storyline Show has seen in a few years.

Edited by Suicidy
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
6 hours ago, Daisy said:

I still don't understand why as a Doctor, Austin didn't examine the body. Or you know, instead of hiding the body and doing this again, simply lie and say that Nik fell and hit his head.

Ava should have called 911 and said they were talking and he suddenly fell to the floor dead. She could blame the Covid vaccine. 🤣

Now that Ava's spoken to Laura and said Nik did come talk to her then left, her best option is to pump Nik's lungs full of sea water and dump him in the lake by the launch dock. An autopsy would show blunt impact to his head, water in the lungs and it would be assumed that Nik slipped, hit his head and drowned. People slip on snow all the time.

Edited by BunnyFooFoo
Typo
  • Like 6
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, lala2 said:

Aren’t we to assume Austin checked off-screen? But it’s not like checking means anything. See Peter/Finn/Elizabeth. 

Nik will be back when they need him, death means nothing on this show. I mean Jake donated all his organs and lived! 

I haven’t found Austin remotely interesting until they put him in Ava’s orb it so I don’t mind their being thrown together. But I hate the idea of having to watch Laura grieve yet again. And have yet another excuse for why Lucky doesn’t show up for the funeral. Unless Ava and Austin just tell everyone Nik skipped town. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
7 minutes ago, racked said:

I haven’t found Austin remotely interesting until they put him in Ava’s orb it so I don’t mind their being thrown together. But I hate the idea of having to watch Laura grieve yet again. And have yet another excuse for why Lucky doesn’t show up for the funeral.

Even though it was offscreen, we were told that Lucky had attended Nik's funeral for one of his fake deaths.

• LOL 3
7 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Even though it was offscreen, we were told that Lucky had attended Nik's funeral for one of his fake deaths.

Honestly this is an amazing sentence. How many fake deaths have Laura’s sons had? 

• LOL 3
2 minutes ago, racked said:

Honestly this is an amazing sentence. How many fake deaths have Laura’s sons had? 

I don’t recall Nik faking his death except for when Tyler left the show-and framed Jason (who was played by Billy Miller at the time), and then returned as Coloma.

Though I do recall reading here that Nick Stabile played him before Marcus?

• Useful 1

There was another time that Nikolas was presumed dead. In 2004 maybe? They had a funeral for him which Helena crashed and tried to blame everyone for his death. He ended up being later revealed with amnesia 

• LOL 2
On 2/3/2023 at 4:05 PM, YaddaYadda said:

So are we headed for a Ava/Austin pairing. Makes a hell of a lot more sense than Austin/Maxie.

It looks like just moving forward on Ava/Franco to me, as the show should have done instead of using legacy character Elizabeth to make Franco happen. Ava and Franco  kissed when Franco and Elizabeth were trying to set up/trap Ava and Nikolas. For however long, Franco thought Kiki was his daughter resulting from his pre-Port Charles relationship with Ava. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, ffwbe said:

There was another time that Nikolas was presumed dead. In 2004 maybe? They had a funeral for him which Helena crashed and tried to blame everyone for his death. He ended up being later revealed with amnesia 

That was when the Port Charles Hotel went up in flames as he was on the rooftop as the helicopter carrying Emily and she watched him "die" from the explosion.

• Useful 1
2 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Oh yeah! When Show decided that Connor would be Tyler’s doppelgänger, but with a scar. When the original picture Mary had was someone totally different.

This happened much later, of course. But he didn’t fake his death.

38 minutes ago, BunnyFooFoo said:

Now that Ava's spoken to Laura and said Nik did come talk to her then left, her best option is to pump Nik's lungs full of sea water and dump him in the lake by the launch dock.

except the lake is fresh water 😉

2 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Those are truly beautiful babies playing Amelia Grace

So beautiful I thought it was an animatronic baby like on Call the Midwife but GH is so cheap if they had to get a fake baby it would be the really cheap kind like a cabbage patch kid (but 🤔 that would look like Michael's kid)

I googled Amelia Grace General Hospital to get the names of the babies playing the role and I got Amelia Grace Animal Hospital 😆

• LOL 4
4 hours ago, RedElf said:

Love that Liesl hates Elizabeth because Scottie goes running when she calls.  That's funny.

Do we know where Nik's body is? Is Ava going to get away with killing him, or will he, at some point in time, rise from the grave?

A) I thought that was so obnoxious and in-keeping for how characters like Carly and Liesl think. Liesl supposedly loved Franco as a best friend, Elizabeth and her children were Franco's family, and Scott is Franco's father. She should want Scott to take care of Franco's widow, but as usual she only thinks of herself. Did Scott leave Liesl's side during Britt's memorial? No, she was gushing over niece Nina and expressing happiness at the birth of Nina's granddaughter at the time Elizabeth contacted Scott, not sobbing alone over "my Britta." 

B) I assume he'll rise from the grave. The stuff with Nina and Austin and Nik's body seems to vague for Nikolas to be truly dead. 

I like the name WIllow chose for her daughter, mostly because Amelia is my middle name in honor of a family member.  When she said "Grace" I thought, hmm, does Carly know her new granddaughter has the same middle name as her old rival Robin Scorpio-Drake's daughter? Just for this moment I would like Jason to appear and say "Hopefully, Michael's daughter will wear the name as well as Robin's daughter does." LOL  Speaking of, I think Nina may have surpassed Carly's long-time hatred of Robin and Brenda. I swear Nina lives rent-free in Carly's delusional mind.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I wish that Liesl had decided to find out what's up with Carly and Drew herself instead of telling Nina to find out. It would be a good distraction after Britt's death and with Liesl doing it herself, something actually might get done. Also because Nina is already hated enough by the Carlys and their pack and Liesl wouldn't care if they hated  her.

Truly, slapping on a kicky wig and dedicating herself to destroying Carly would certainly cheer Liesl up, and us in the audience as well!

It is funny that Liesl's all salty about Liz because she takes up some of Scotty's time.  Girl, remember that time Liz (unwisely) mouthed off to you and then you took her hostage in her own home and ate all her cereal? 

A thought I had today - it's kinda interesting that former paramours Laura and Scotty have, through separate relationships, become Liz's defacto parental figures in the wake of The Parents Liz being such disasters.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Like 6
50 minutes ago, racked said:

A few months ago I thought about college entrance essays and how soap opera kids have a lot of material to choose from.

Cam Webber probably had an awesome essay about one of the following:

1) The time his brother died, his organs donated, but then was found alive on an island. 

2) The time he was kidnapped, held at gunpoint and threatened with a personality erasing procedure only to have his stepfather offer himself instead.

3) The time he was kidnapped on the way to prom, held at gunpoint, and escaped a mob shootout.

4) The lesson he learned when he thought about buying weed, decided not to, but got arrested anyway and did community service. (This is probably most boring topic of all.)

5) The time his younger brother was kidnapped as a baby.

6) The time his other younger brother was kidnapped as a baby.

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
1 minute ago, Mirabelle said:

A few months ago I thought about college entrance essays and how soap opera kids have a lot of material to choose from.

Cam Webber probably had an awesome essay about one of the following:

1) The time his brother died, his organs donated, but then was found alive on an island. 

2) The time he was kidnapped, held at gunpoint and threatened with a personality erasing procedure only to have his stepfather offer himself instead.

3) The time he was kidnapped on the way to prom, held at gunpoint, and escaped a mob shootout.

4) The lesson he learned when he thought about buying weed, decided not to, but got arrested anyway and did community service. (This is probably most boring topic of all.)

5) The time his younger brother was kidnapped as a baby.

6) The time his other younger brother was kidnapped as a baby.

The time his girlfriend broke up with him because she is doing a mobster.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

It took me a good five minute to remember that Liesl and Finn hated each other. At first I thought it was another of Michael Easton's characters that had the enmity with her.

Liesl needs to tone down with her Liz hostility. I think Scott would dump her eventually if she does it around him.

Wylie better watch out. In a few months, Amelia Grace will be taller than him.

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I don’t recall Nik faking his death except for when Tyler left the show-and framed Jason (who was played by Billy Miller at the time), and then returned as Coloma.

Though I do recall reading here that Nick Stabile played him before Marcus?

Yes Nick Stabile played Nikolas for a short time some years ago when he and Ava first connected. He went to Cassadine Island and was shot and "killed" by Valentin when he first appeared on canvas. He was presumed dead for a long time, but was revealed to be alive and faking it when Coloma was cast. That's a big reason why Spencer has hated him for a long time.

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I’m surprised the text Sonny got with Amelia’s name wasn’t sent by her, given she’s about 2 days away from puberty.  #GiantPreemieBaby

At one point while Willow was holding her, Willow was trying to say, "I can't believe that she is so......"

Bet you the next line was little, which not even the likes of Meryl Streep could utter that line without breaking into laughter.

Edited by nilyank
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I’m surprised the text Sonny got with Amelia’s name wasn’t sent by her, given she’s about 2 days away from puberty.  #GiantPreemieBaby

I had mentioned before that I was a preemie. My parents delighted in telling me they could hold me in the palm of their hand.

Well, I saw a clip, and the baby - while adorable, I do want to point out! - is FAR too big to buy as being a preemie!

• Like 3
5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

In fairness, IIRC Valentin, his ridiculous mustache and hoodie did legitimately get the drop on Nikolas in Greece and shot him. He went over a balcony into the sea. I don't recall what happened to Nik from there, but he did recover from his injuries and that's when he chose to stay 'dead' and plot revenge.

I have no idea why my mind conflated the summer of Carlivati's firing (2015) with Tyler's own exit; for years I legit remembered them happening around the same time as I was watching for portions of his exit story, but Tyler left about a full year later after more skullduggery with Hayden.

Edited by jsbt
  • Like 1

I am hoping Nicholas is alive, and they send him offscreen for a while.  I think that would be best, all things considered.  I don't want him to actually be dead though.

I have been loving the show lately.  The only horrible thing, IMO, has been the scenes with Carly near that baby.  There is something so gross about how she is a baby collector.  She's like something out of Grimms' fairy tales.  I view her as a baby snatcher, with long, crooked fingers.  She gives me the creeps big time.  But I ff her, and otherwise I have been enjoying everything.

And OMG both Portia's brother and father are HOTTIES.  I hope one or both will stay onscreen.  I am happy to make a short list of a couple of dudes we can cut in exchange.  

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, jsbt said:

In fairness, IIRC Valentin, his ridiculous mustache and hoodie did legitimately get the drop on Nikolas in Greece and shot him. He went over a balcony into the sea. I don't recall what happened to Nik from there, but he did recover from his injuries and that's when he chose to stay 'dead' and plot revenge.

Huh. Why do I have the memory of seeing Tyler's Nikolas in the rain, bleeding, "dead" then? Of course, I stopped watching right after that for a long time, so missed the introduction of Valentine in the leather jacket with the 'stache.

8 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Yep I noted that too. Mikey is only a Quartermain when it's convenient.

because he didn't give up the family name. becuse he wants to show his kids that the Corinthos name means more than just "mobtacular stuff" (per his conversation w/Sonny, which is translation to, when i decide to forgive you and i want to try to get back into the Biznazz even though you won't let me, being a Corinthos will bring me more clout"

(realistically though, if it were me, i would fully want my kids to be Quatermaines, because Michael has also shown that the Corinthos name means squat and he needed to lean on the Q name to get anything moving but whatever)

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Daisy said:

realistically though, if it were me, i would fully want my kids to be Quatermaines, because Michael has also shown that the Corinthos name means squat and he needed to lean on the Q name to get anything moving but whatever)

That’s why I’m glad he doesn’t change it. Let’s be honest, outside of (offscreen) Monica, he doesn’t give a damn about the Qs or does anything to help them in any way but he’ll name drop when it benefits him. Like when he wanted the AG to charge Nina with a fake crime, wanted the authorities to prioritize the search for Sonny when he fell in the water, or when he thought it would help his custody case with Nelle. Those were just the examples off the top of my head, I’m sure there are more. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 4
12 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Nelle

Speaking of, Carly yesterday with the "Michael was robbed of this time with Wiley because of Nelle.  Whose mother is Nina!" as if it was Nina's fault that Nelle did that.  Such a fucking Carly move.  You know this asshole probably blames Nina if her coffee isn't hot enough in the morning.

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
17 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

That’s why I’m glad he doesn’t change it. Let’s be honest, outside of (offscreen) Monica, he doesn’t give a damn about the Qs or does anything to help them in any way but he’ll name drop when it benefits him. Like when he wanted the AG to charge Nina with a fake crime, wanted the authorities to prioritize the search for Sonny when he fell in the water, or when he thought it would help his custody case with Nelle. Those were just the examples off the top of my head, I’m sure there are more. 

If he wants to pretend he isn't a Quartermaine, he should back out of ELQ and make his way on his own. Speaking of which, if everybody is so concerned about insider trading, has the SEC ever investigated ELQ's personal ties to a mobster?

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
53 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Yep I noted that too. Mikey is only a Quartermain when it's convenient.

Like being gifted the CEO chair of a multinational company when he has no qualifications or using the Quartermaine money bribe a DA to get Nina on trial for identity theft (🤯) as @ffwbe said. He may have disowned Sonny but everything he learned, he learned from Sonny and Carly.

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
4 minutes ago, RedElf said:

If he wants to pretend he isn't a Quartermaine, he should back out of ELQ and make his way on his own. Speaking of which, if everybody is so concerned about insider trading, has the SEC ever investigated ELQ's personal ties to a mobster?

I don’t think they’ll ever address that considering it would have been a reason Michael should never been associated with the company but to be fair, that should have been a bigger issue back in the 90s when Sonny was on the ELQ board or the majority of the time hit man Jason was. The only time I ever recall it being brought up was the time Sonny got arrested on RICO charges. There were concerns that it would impact ELQ as well but I don’t think it went anywhere. 

• Like 1