Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, racked said:

I don’t know if it’s because SM is too busy with school or what but I’ve been hoping they would go that direction for a while now. If they are going to have Spencer and Trina at some point in the future they need to add something to this storyline, otherwise it’s Trina just waiting on the sidelines for Spencer, patiently. Boring and a waste. 

I hope Scotty comes back soon. KS made it sound like he’d be off canvas for a while and he and Victor are the most fun parts of the show right now. 

Exactly! It is a waste if they don't do something with the Trina side of things I'd even be fine with Spencer/Esme(as I don't want Spencer too tamed) but Trina shouldn't be wasted on the sidelines either whether she's paired with Spencer or not.

I agree about Scotty I hope he returns.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Didn't Luke tell Carly that he could kill her for what she did to Bobbie? I have this half-formed memory of a scene where he tells Original Recipe Carly that he would have ended her over what happened with Tony.

Found it!

I think Luke understood Carly, probably on a level where she wished he didn't. That if she hadn't known that Bobbie was her mother all along, involved Tony in her payback scheme, he would have come to love her the way he loved his sister, but he never really liked her after that. So it's just more re-writing long after the fact that they were close, because I don't think he ever forgave what took place.

Such good acting in that scene.  TG could really bring it when he wanted to.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 10
On 1/21/2022 at 6:53 PM, Artsda said:

Avery is going to Bobbies for the night? What about going to Ava's. Ava needs to get her child. 

I guess they paid TG for having his photo in the episode, but no flashbacks. He's not dead. 

I didn't hate that Bobbie was doing a sleepover with the kids. I would imagine all the hugs and snuggling would be a welcome distraction. 

I assume they didn't use clips because Tony Geary isn't dead and it'd be super confusing to people who aren't longtime watchers. I don't know why they 'killed' Luke off now, but I wish they'd get to it quickly. We have that one comment from Victor about him being out of the way. Hopefully we don't have to wait till November ratings to get this dealt with. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, OhIKnow said:

I didn't hate that Bobbie was doing a sleepover with the kids. I would imagine all the hugs and snuggling would be a welcome distraction. 

I assume they didn't use clips because Tony Geary isn't dead and it'd be super confusing to people who aren't longtime watchers. I don't know why they 'killed' Luke off now, but I wish they'd get to it quickly. We have that one comment from Victor about him being out of the way. Hopefully we don't have to wait till November ratings to get this dealt with. 

Luke is probably locked up with Holly.  The faked deaths follow similar MO’s.  Victor might do the same to Laura and Scorpio if he wants a complete set.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Cobalt Stargazer said:

I think Luke understood Carly, probably on a level where she wished he didn't. That if she hadn't known that Bobbie was her mother all along, involved Tony in her payback scheme, he would have come to love her the way he loved his sister, but he never really liked her after that. So it's just more re-writing long after the fact that they were close, because I don't think he ever forgave what took place.

Sarah Brown Carly was this devious yet often self-destructive wrecking ball who probably had some complex psychological diagnoses (I think on some level she was disordered enough to actually believe "poor little me I'm a victim who's justified in taking everything I can get", and her lack of self-awareness almost made her worthy of pity at times).  After a while I found her just plain exhausting ... but she was fascinating in a way.    But smirky, shouty Carly who thinks she's hot shit because Sonny's (then Jax's) money and power set her up for life has never been interesting to me.  

Now that I've gone back and watched early 80s Luke and Bobbie, these 90s scenes are extra good, because Luke was recognizing in Carly the very worst of his own and Bobbie's scheming, resentful-toward-the-world impulses back in the day -- but Carly didn't even have the justification of the horrific and impoverished childhood that warped young Luke's and Bobbie's minds.  

• Love 7
On 1/23/2022 at 2:00 PM, OhIKnow said:

I assume they didn't use clips because Tony Geary isn't dead and it'd be super confusing to people who aren't longtime watchers.

Doesn't matter that Geary is still alive. Soaps have shown clips/montages of characters for actors who were still alive. The last one I can think of that cheap-ass Frank did was when they "killed" Robin.

They only did a montage of Sean because John Reilly had passed away. And he hadn't been a regular on the show for nearly two decades.

Frank is just CHEAP. And an asshole. Decimating and getting rid of all characters from this show that are General Hospital characters. Except for the ones who continue to play ball.

Yeah, I'm bitter. So the fuck what?

And with all this talk about Geary and Luke, I had the most surreal and weird dream, that I was at some CON, and Geary, Genie, Finola, Tristan, John J., were there and I was telling them ALL how much I HATED what Frank was doing. And Geary agreed, but also had to throw in for me to just "get over" my anger about Luke and Laura. And everyone started railing in on him.

ETA: OH! How could I forget? Kimberly and Michael Sutton were there, too! I spent most of the time talking with THEM!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Today's Notes

Leo asks the question i've been asking all the time. Why is ned remarrying Olivia. anyway they go "we're getting married and Ned wants to adopt you!" Leo is all "but you aren't my real dad." they talk Leo into it though. lmao. Olivia is sobbing to her 12 year old kid. about how she was so scared about who Leo was but she sees him now! Leo has the best. "why the hell is she telling me this i wanna look at my book." face.

I forget that Cassadines are Russians. Thanks for the reminder . Mistah Sheffield is blowing much smoke up Valentin's bum but basically tells Val he doesn't care if Val is using him. Mistah Sheffield is still "WINTER IS COMING." and he needs everyone to be team Cassadine

Laura is not happy that this Jennifer Smith chick is here. History infodump. Laura is so not having time for her. apparently the Smiths are in the northwest (so maybe they are the new powerplayers, don't care, it's mobby). this chick apologizes for Laura for all the badz she did her. and Laura is like where is this coming from? Jennifer Smith is like. "meh i realized i was Carly and made everything about me, so i wanna change." Sonny comes in and Jennifer starts talking mobby, and Laura is like "Spencer GET OUT AND CALL KEVIN NOW!"  Sonny goes "I don't care about Mobby stuff! I NEED CARLY!." anyway, Jennifer Smith goes Luke was mean to both of us how did you get closure? Laura basically goes....fix your life. 

Maxie shows up to Casa CLQ and demands her daughter back. oh fake out she just wants to see Bailey but claps BLQ with a "don't tell me what my daughter needs," when BLQ tells her not to bother Bailey because she just went down to bed. Maxie clearly wakes up the baby who is fussy now, and she can't calmher down so BLQ pushes her out of the way and calms down Bailey and Maxie looks upset. Maxie is all "her name isn't Bailey it's Louise, and she doesn't recognize my voice." (honestly, I know we're supposed to care, but this is so annoying because everyone would have protected that kid from Peter).

we get a shot of Maxie and Val carrying Lou's sonogram picture. Mistah Sheffield is totally examining this sonogram picture. (Val is keeping it because he thinks he can have a relationship with Bailey in the future if it's possible). Maxie goes this is going to difficult unless we tell Austin the truth. (MAYBE? YOU THINK?!). CLQ talks Maxie out of it. BLQ apologizes for before, and Maxie is like it's fine. it's good to see Bailey in good hands. Chase goes maxie is right. we are #teamawesome. BLQ is like. LIAR. I AM JUST A BURDEN TO YOU (Chase is like the hell?)

Austin is all "maxie i'll do anything for you." Britt overhears. we get infodump about the Maxie plan. Austin has a look on his face and goes. "Maxie wanted to control the adoption?"  Ned tells Britt + Austin a Leo update, and Ned goes i really want to rectify things. 

Carly cares about Luke today (lol okay). Carly and Sonny are having a moment. Don't care. I am so tired of this and honestly, Sonny needs to clap Carly back with i lived with Jason in our marriage for years. you can be with me while i get over this.  HAH! Sonny clapped her with that. Again. this is playing out more of, Carly trying to figure out how to leave Sonny while not being the one to actually do it. Carly is like are you okay, and Sonny is like NO. you aren't with me. Sonny is like imma gonna show you how much i love you. Carly whispers i only asked for time. 

Portia and Curtis are talking. Hatman shows up, Portia is all "you shall not pass" Curtis says he invited him and Portia stands down and they have a Goodnight Moon moment. 

Carly comes to her room and Joss is here. guh. Joss goes do you want to talk about it? Carly goes no, it's not appropriate. Joss goes who cares tell me anyway (peas in a pod). basically. again Carly admits that she's pissed that Sonny isn't taking out Nina and that he's protecting Nina. lmao. they go "yeah I can see why Sonny did it. but i am JUSTIFIED IN MY ANGER!" and Joss goes "ME TOO, SISTER FRIEND!" (they actually look a like in their outfits, and hair drinking hot chocolate and basically going, if sonny wants me back he needs to do what i want). Cam. RUN. AWAY. 

Jennifer Smith calls someone and says "yah Sonny is in no condition to expand, do your thing."

Sonny goes to Curtis and demands his club.

Spencer goes why you shoo shoo me away? I know that Sonny is a mobster. Laura is like duh, more reason not to pay attention. Laura apologizes  to Spencer by being hard but she's hard because I love you. 

Val goes. yah take the picture, pull the plug on my attention to bailey. Val drunkenly goes "thanks dad" in french. Mistah Sheffield smiles and goes. see you later, my son (In french). 

Britt wants to know why Leo's case was important to Austin

BLQ walks back the comment and Chase is like DON'T SHUT ME OUT. BLQ goes. nope. 

show ends with Maxie and Mistah Sheffield crashing into each other, and the sonogram picture shows.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

That Bailey storyline cannot be over soon enough. Austin seems to be putting two and two together. Victor has probably put two and two together.

Peter is going to get her and vanish with her. And I imagine it won't be before he does some damage to BL and Chase.

Sonny is off his rocker. Him showing up at Curtis's club just as Douchehat and Curtis were talking about organized crime muscling in on places like the Savoy wasn't a so subtle hit on the nose. Yes, Sonny is known for doing things like that.

I do not care about Ned adopting Leo, but I'm glad he's the one who got to explain to Leo how families and parents come in all shapes and forms, rather than Olivia. 

You'd think that Carly and Joss haven't seen each other in over a year the way they reacted.

Laura sending Spencer away for Sonny's scenes with Jennifer was pretty funny considering Spencer knows that his nuncle Sonny is a mobster.

I'm not gonna lie, I really enjoyed watching Maxie's reaction to BL soothing Bailey when she couldn't. Georgie spent all her life little life being raised by Ellie, and now by Mac and Felicia. So the sadness made me roll my eyes more than anything. 

• Love 7

I almost wish there was some way to retcon Bailey`s maternity and make her really belong to BLQ. BLQ has been a wonderful mother to Bailey and truly makes Bailey a priority.  When the baby eventually gets back to Maxie, after being kidnapped by Peter, etc., poor little Louise will always be with Mac and Felicia. Maxie will return to her lifestyle of making one bad decision after another. BLQ has made her fair share of horrible life choices, but for some reason, I see her as having more potential for growth and being a really good mother. 

• Love 17

Ugh, you know I was kind of liking this new mellower Sonny and now he’s gone off his meds for the umpteenth time and I’m over it.  I absolutely hate to defend Carly in any way but for god’s sake the woman is just asking for a little space to process all this info.  He is basically acting like a controlling psycho about it and it’s really creepy the way he gets all close to her and gives her these weird smiles.  Shudder.  I was totally on his side with everything until he started this creepiness.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Daisy said:

Mistah Sheffield is still "WINTER IS COMING.

Just wanted to repeat this since it's hilarious and accurate!

2 hours ago, Daisy said:

BLQ is like. LIAR. I AM JUST A BURDEN TO YOU (Chase is like the hell?)

BLQ is making me wonder if she's the one who's  off some bipolar meds.  Yeesh.  One minute she's all grateful Chase is there and the next she's biting his head off and proclaiming she can do it all on her own.  Girlfriend's giving me whiplash.  

2 hours ago, Daisy said:

Carly admits that she's pissed that Sonny isn't taking out Nina

She's really coming across as blood thirsty here.  LIke if Sonny were to shoot Nina in the face, Carly would be shoving her pants down before the bullet would exit Nina's head.  

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I really enjoyed watching Maxie's reaction to BL soothing Bailey when she couldn't.

I was distracted by the soundtrack of a newborn crying.  Writers/editors/directors, whoever is responsible, Bailey is turning 8 months next week.  She's not supposed to sound like a newborn when she's crying.  Search the internet for the appropriate sound of an almost one year old.  

2 hours ago, Daisy said:

Olivia is sobbing to her 12 year old kid. about how she was so scared about who Leo was

What an odd scene to write, considering the kid who plays Leo is on the spectrum.  Poor kid looked so confused as to what he was supposed to be doing as LiLo was nattering on as only Olivia can.  

Edited by perkie1968
  • Love 5

Yeah….the story has been pretty much ruined in my opinion by this development. There was enough drama WITHOUT Sonny being off his meds. We’ve seen Sonny off his meds on numerous occasions. This story didn’t need that again.

I would better understand Carly’s  position if we were seeing a Sonny that was interested romantically in Nina or even a Sonny that seemed to be fighting feelings for her but we are not seeing that. And Sonny simply not wanting Nina dead isn’t enough for me to see him as choosing her over his family. That’s why Carly’s issues aren’t resonating with me. IMO, Carly should be talking to her husband, not avoiding him so I get Sonny’s point. It seems Carly just doesn’t want the marriage anymore regardless of what Sonny does. All that said, I’m beyond bored with the repetitiveness of the conversations. And Sonny being unmedicated is not making matters better! 

Roger’s hair is growing so that’s good! No more man bun 🤣 I really like Austin and Britt. 

I have no sympathy for Maxie. The character really didn’t need a third baby. I don’t know why they saddle certain characters with babies! Maxie has three kids!! Why?!?

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Roger’s hair is growing so that’s good! No more man bun

Although it seemed like he had total bed head or something.

I'm glsd that there are identication #'s on the ultrasound picture to use as comparisons, because let's be honest, everyone's baby ultrasound picture looks the same.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

She's really coming across as blood thirsty here.  LIke if Sonny were to shoot Nina in the face, Carly would be shoving her pants down before the bullet would exit Nina's head.  

And honestly. this is why I can't even be bothered with this crap. (and I can't agree with @mostlylurking) here. because Carly is whinging that she lost so much time. Sonny says they lost so much time. Carly says she's upset that Sonny lied. Sonny says he's sorry that he lied - here were the reasons why. (NONE of which. FYI really had to do with Nina). Carly says she needs time.

Okay. time for what?
every time we hear Carly bitch about this she said she's basically over the fact that they fell in love and all. she's mad that SONNY ISN'T MAD. there isn't amount of time in the world that will help Carly get over the fact that her husband that she gets all lusty for when he's violent and murdering people - doesn't give a crap about murdering Nina. and I don't even think it's about them falling in love. I actually DO believe Sonny. is a part of it protecting Nina sure. but i don't think it's ALL about him being lusty either. Nina is a big part of Phyllis's life and he really cares about her. so murdering Nina and giving Phyllis another big L right after losing Lenny isn't good for her. 

(the other big part since the show refuses to go there - is that sonny knows he's not a "victim" because he flat out refused to go FIND his family. he can't punish Nina for lying about something he gave zero craps about for nine months). 

Carly isn't woman enough to flat out say "I want you to kill Nina. that's how I get over this." (i mean she basically DID say that but then walked it back) She doesn't want to accept anything Sonny is telling her, and she's hanging on to "Well we told you the next day." You couldn't have hid the fact that y'all were gonna have sex.  You couldn't hide the fact that you got married for loveeee because even if you said "nah it was just business." everyone  else would have told Sonny the truth. Carly was tres lusty for Jason. I am SO not team Nina on this but Nina HAS respected the marriage. she clearly is lusty for Sonny (god knows why). but she's always saying if the marriage breaks up if Sonny choses her, that's when she'll make amove but she's not manipulating things into her favour. WE ALL KNOW if Jason were alive and he had the balls to be "Carly, let's go." Carly would be "what family?" and chose Jason in a heart beat. 

I've said it before. I think Carly doesn't want to be with Sonny, but she doesn't want to be the Mean One to leave. she wants Nina dead but she doesn't want to be the Cruel One to put out the hit. If Jason was around he'd be doing Carly's dirty work for her and imo that's where some of the frustration is coming from.

(this isn't to say Sonny shouldn't respect her wishes. he should. but I do believe Sonny and what the show is showing me- that there is no amount of time that will rectify this because Carly doesn't believe it).

• Love 8

Another day, another person listening to Carly say the exact. Same. Thing. About Sonny. ( Olivia, Diane, Bobbie, Sam, Joss) 

And one day out of the hospital and hat man is doing tequila shots!?!?!

Whatever, show. 

• Love 11

If I trusted the writers I would say Carly is so hell bent on revenge because she realizes Sonny still loves Nina, and not because Nina kept his identity a secret. But even though they’re letting Sonny not be as godawful as he usually is to women,  there hasn’t been any real tenderness or romance with Nina so I don’t know what they’re going for here. 

I enjoy Laura with Spencer quite a bit, but when she said she’d been hard on him lately…when exactly? Everyone’s being too nice to the kid considering what he’s done. But hallelujah the cabin hijinks are finally here. 

• Love 6

I'm legit shocked Olivia didn't cross herself multiples times and say some kind of prayer (or curse) when Ned said that Julian would always be Leo's father.

2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:
4 hours ago, Daisy said:

Olivia is sobbing to her 12 year old kid. about how she was so scared about who Leo was

What an odd scene to write, considering the kid who plays Leo is on the spectrum.  Poor kid looked so confused as to what he was supposed to be doing as LiLo was nattering on as only Olivia can.  

Olivia never met a boundary she couldn't crash through.

2 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I absolutely hate to defend Carly in any way but for god’s sake the woman is just asking for a little space to process all this info.

Seriously. Like, give her at least 24 hours without demanding that she take Sonny back. Sonny can't even do that. Everything has to be on his time line, fulfilling his needs, doing things his way. Jasus forbid someone not be able to indulge him.

2 hours ago, lala2 said:

Sonny simply not wanting Nina dead isn’t enough for me to see him as choosing her over his family. That’s why Carly’s issues aren’t resonating with me.

Then there's this, so any sympathy I have for Carly is sorely tested. 

I'm #TeamNoOne, basically. Both Sonny and Carly are acting ridiculously on certain points. But breaking them up just means we have to suffer through them moping/whining about being broken up, and no one else should be inflicted on them. Those two deserve each other. And yes, having him go off his meds is an unnecessary add to the story.

So bored with the Hat Man nonsense.

Austin! There will probably be cake at the renewal ceremony. Why are you saying no to attending? Shove it in the Qs' faces that you're not going to let them push you around. And enjoy some delicious baked goods at the same time. Win-win!

LOL at Valentin asking Mr. Sheffield if he was going to start attending his Little League games and parent-teacher conferences.

• Love 6

Ned's explanation to Leo about the many different kinds of parents was a thing of beauty. That's what someone should have said to Willow when she went hysterical at Nina telling Wylie that she's his grandmother.

Why is Valentin carrying aaround Bailey's sonogram when there must be a ton of actual pictures of her by now?

Carly actually said out loud that Sonny isn't the same man that she fell in love with, meaning that he's not as cruel and bloodthirsty but the show won't go that far.  I wish that I could trust that the show will actually break up Sonny and Carly but he's too much into begging her for that. I aabsolutely cannot understand why these rich, powerful men are all so into Carly.

On 1/22/2022 at 12:18 AM, TeeVee329 said:

ETA...you also had to love (and by love, I mean hate) Bobbie saying that the Wylie situation makes it tough on Lucas to be around the family and Carly immediately making it abut her ("but WE need him!").  Ugh.

Narcissism is making it all about yourself but I think that Carly crossed the line there into psychopathy by refusing to see that Lucas had feelings too. It would be so easy for her to make Lucas feel better -- just tell Michael to let Lucas have time with Wylie -- but that never crosses her mind.

34 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL at Valentin asking Mr. Sheffield if he was going to start attending his Little League games and parent-teacher conferences.

I've missed the dry humour that Valentin, Ava, Liesl snd Tracy do so well. Most of the characters on this show are as subtle as a baseball bat.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, SlovakPrincess said:

Sarah Brown Carly was this devious yet often self-destructive wrecking ball who probably had some complex psychological diagnoses (I think on some level she was disordered enough to actually believe "poor little me I'm a victim who's justified in taking everything I can get", and her lack of self-awareness almost made her worthy of pity at times).  After a while I found her just plain exhausting ... but she was fascinating in a way.    But smirky, shouty Carly who thinks she's hot shit because Sonny's (then Jax's) money and power set her up for life has never been interesting to me.  

Now that I've gone back and watched early 80s Luke and Bobbie, these 90s scenes are extra good, because Luke was recognizing in Carly the very worst of his own and Bobbie's scheming, resentful-toward-the-world impulses back in the day -- but Carly didn't even have the justification of the horrific and impoverished childhood that warped young Luke's and Bobbie's minds.  

Sarah's Carly was the best Carly to me or at least had the best writing/development at the time. She wasn't written to be a heroine and she always screwed up. She also had an existence beyond her pairing studied to be a nurse(which was short lived) , friendship with Jason etc that wasn't yet as insufferable as it later ended up being. Also people were allowed to hate her and think she sucks.

Then when they put her with Sonny it went downhill she got stuck in that Sonny/Jason orbit with the occasional escape to other Non Sason pairings. 

4 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

I almost wish there was some way to retcon Bailey`s maternity and make her really belong to BLQ. BLQ has been a wonderful mother to Bailey and truly makes Bailey a priority.  When the baby eventually gets back to Maxie, after being kidnapped by Peter, etc., poor little Louise will always be with Mac and Felicia. Maxie will return to her lifestyle of making one bad decision after another. BLQ has made her fair share of horrible life choices, but for some reason, I see her as having more potential for growth and being a really good mother. 

I would prefer this as well as I never wanted Maxie to have anymore children and it wouldn't connect her to Peter either.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Why is Valentin carrying aaround Bailey's sonogram when there must be a ton of actual pictures of her by now?

Why plot point, of course. He has one and Maxie has one and of course the case number in the back is the same and Victor is holding on to Valentin's ultrasound. 

This is how this show comes at us. By punching us in the face with their on the nose writing. 

I could not believe the levels of stupid for this. The writers manage to build good will with some of their episodes, only to destroy it with something completely asinine. 

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

That was probably my favorite line of the episode.  JPS really does have great comedic timing and a dry delivery.

Oh, great, look, yet another day of Carly having the same conversation about how Sonny is "choosing" Nina over her.  It's her mantra at this point and short of Sonny decapitating Nina and presenting it on a stick to Carly, she won't be happy. 

43 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Olivia is sobbing to her 12 year old kid.

That kid is 12?  I thought he was 9, tops. 

• Love 4

I don't know what it is about this baby storyline but it's making me think Chase and Brooklyn are better as friends than a romantic pairing.

I mean, if they were going to have them stuck parenting a child that isn't theirs AND living together, at least let them have fun and flirty encounters. Instead we have Chase being this unnecessary burden who is out of a job and has now taken up a new job of 'protecting' Brooklyn and the baby. Then we have Brooklyn flip flopping on Chase every time she gets scared of her feelings for him. I guess I'm just not understanding why it's such a big deal if they like each other. It just seems like pointless drama to me. Where is that spunk Brooklyn had with Chase that made people like this pairing in the first place? 

• Love 6

BLQ & Chase are cute at bantering but I don’t see any sexual chemistry between the two actors. In fact, Amanda Setton is great with the infighting with the Q’s and business scenes but I don’t see her having any sexual chemistry with any of the guys. Also, she’s always dressed in black that I’m not sure she wants sex. LOL!!!! I liked her a lot of OLTL and she had great chemistry with Jerry ver Dorn and he was like 35 years older than her.  I never felt she was into (or written) with any sex scenes. I think her replacement did all of the heavy lifting in the bedroom scenes, right?  She’s a good actress and I guess she and Chase will end up with the each other but if he didn’t take his shirt off I wouldn’t pay them much attention. LOL!!!!

• Love 3

Maxie's other children are where? Is Spinelli raising James too?  She has no idea about being a mom.  She should know that Bailey won't listen to her calling her Louise? It's not her name in her developing mind. Brooklyn should keep Bailey.

It would have been a better story of the parents on the birth certificate, Valentine and Brooklyn fighting Maxie for custody. Valentine and Brooklyn are better match than Chase.

Victor will totally figure it out with the code on the back. 

I'm glad for Ned adopting Leo because he's a better parent than Olivia and how she handled the autism. 

Sonny wants to go on an adventure? Carly hasn't realized he's off his meds? Laura's looking at him like he lost it. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

It would be so easy for her to make Lucas feel better -- just tell Michael to let Lucas have time with Wylie -- but that never crosses her mind.

It doesn't seem to cross Michael's mind, either, and he's Wiley's father. Or Willow's mind, either, and she's usually a little more sensitive about stuff like this. But I'd understand if Lucas couldn't do it; it's just a reminder of what he lost.

38 minutes ago, KimChi Rogue said:

I guess I'm just not understanding why it's such a big deal if they like each other.

It's not a big deal, but BLQ's feelings got hurt when she overheard Chase telling Finn (I think that's who it was; doesn't really matter) that he could never be with her. So she's being petulant and trying to hurt him the way he unknowingly hurt her.

• Love 1

I think these writers don't do well at romance. They stall. Not that I am complaining, but look at Sam and Dante. They had sex and since then have appeared on screen twice together in two months.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It's not a big deal, but BLQ's feelings got hurt when she overheard Chase telling Finn (I think that's who it was; doesn't really matter) that he could never be with her. So she's being petulant and trying to hurt him the way he unknowingly hurt her.

Dante. but potato, pohtato there. She heard something (which to be fair sounded hurtful, and it hit on all her insecurities), but i mean i never understand why ppl don't TALK. 

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm #TeamNoOne, basically. Both Sonny and Carly are acting ridiculously on certain points.

Yep I agree. Sonny was making a lot of sense for a bit there, being truthful about his feelings for Nina but also making the choice to stay with Carly and work on their marriage. That’s big for him. Carly also has a point that this should have all come out a long time ago and it became a huge public embarrassment and maybe she might need a minute to absorb this. But honestly I can’t feel sorry for either of them. Sonny specifically said he did not want to remember who he was and he was happy as a clam when he was Mike, dancing with brooms and shit.  Now he’s decided to go off his meds cause….reasons. Carly, well, she’s an absolute monster and at this point has no redeeming qualities for me anymore. I guess they truly deserve each other. 

• Love 7

You know whose point of view I don't think we hear enough of? Carly's. Having her express the same thoughts every day five days a week just isn't enough.

If the Qs actually want to make peace with Austin, maybe they should offer him what he came to PC for in the first place and give him the inheritance he feels his father was unfairly denied.

That sonogram stuff was so clunky, but at least Victor will probably get things moving along.

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

I thought Ned had a change of heart and was going to offer Austin a seat at the table in ELQ business (after all, it is fictitious money).   Instead, he offers Austin a seat at his big fat Quartermaine wedding vow renewal.  Is Austin supposed to feel grateful to be included?

At least RoHo lost his mini man bun for the day.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I agree that romances tend to stall nowadays and creep along in a nice progression, but I feel like there hasn't been any couples recently that are fraught or throw caution to the wind. I mean, I know I would have hated Olivia and Robert together but they would have definitely shaken things up a bit. And though I very much enjoy Anna and Valentin together, they are another couple that I wish was spicier and had a more tension filled, "I know you're bad for me but I can't resist you" type of relationship. But, I guess we're starting to see some of that now.

And typical Sonny. Always trying to make up for his mistakes in superficial ways. How is whatever plans he wants to make at the Savoy going to prove to Carly how much he loves her and is over his feelings for Nina? But, I guess it makes sense to his manic brain. He is clearly doing everything he can to run away from talking about his feeling for Nina to Carly, even though he clearly articulated those feelings to both Laura and Dante. To me, their marriage is done and they are both just in denial that they are different people now, and neither wants to take that first step to make a decision. It's just that after the hearing exposed Sonny's lies, Carly is more willing to let go, while Sonny is holding on for dear life.

• Love 3

I am confused. Does Britt not know that Bailey is Louise and Maxie faked the kidnapping. Why would she tell Austin that Maxie was willing to give her baby up for adoption to save her from Peter. 

7 hours ago, nilyank said:

I am confused. Does Britt not know that Bailey is Louise and Maxie faked the kidnapping. Why would she tell Austin that Maxie was willing to give her baby up for adoption to save her from Peter. 

Maxie never told her.

The people who knew were BL and Maxie. Then Maxie told Nina. Then Chase and Tracey figured it out. And it seems like two more people are on the verge of finding out.

• Love 1
On 1/21/2022 at 12:46 PM, tessaray said:

I'm sure WR has some fans somewhere but between Hatman and Peter, I'm hanging on by a thread here. 

And yet again Sonny's off his meds.  I'm just about out - and I've watched since Day One.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

Another day, another person listening to Carly say the exact. Same. Thing. About Sonny. ( Olivia, Diane, Bobbie, Sam, Joss) 

+Drew. 

10 hours ago, Steph J said:

You know whose point of view I don't think we hear enough of? Carly's. Having her express the same thoughts every day five days a week just isn't enough.

LOL. So true. And we've had unnecessary repetition of Nina's side of it (she still cares about "Mike," but Sonny wants to be with Carly, and she doesn't want to blow up his marriage, blah blah blah) in her scenes with Curtis, Liesl, Britt, Ava, and Phyllis. At least hers have been spaced out more. 

The points of this story have been talked to death! Can someone walk in on someone having sex, and then drive off a cliff in anguish or something, like when Carly found Sonny and Alexis? 

10 hours ago, KimChi Rogue said:

I know I would have hated Olivia and Robert together but they would have definitely shaken things up a bit.

I don't know. Robert's single, and the people who would care much about Olivia changing men are characters on the B and C list. Ned would be really upset, but the show just doesn't care much about Ned angst. Even when Alexis left him at the altar, the story was more about her.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, ByaNose said:

BLQ & Chase are cute at bantering but I don’t see any sexual chemistry between the two actors. In fact, Amanda Setton is great with the infighting with the Q’s and business scenes but I don’t see her having any sexual chemistry with any of the guys. Also, she’s always dressed in black that I’m not sure she wants sex. LOL!!!! I liked her a lot of OLTL and she had great chemistry with Jerry ver Dorn and he was like 35 years older than her.  I never felt she was into (or written) with any sex scenes. I think her replacement did all of the heavy lifting in the bedroom scenes, right?  She’s a good actress and I guess she and Chase will end up with the each other but if he didn’t take his shirt off I wouldn’t pay them much attention. LOL!!!!

This.  This is why I can’t buy Brook Lynn and Chase together.  I just don’t see any sexual chemistry between the two actors.  I couldn’t stand Amanda Setton when she was on One Life to Live and I still can’t stand her now, but I don’t see her having sexual chemistry with anyone.  I cannot see her in a romance.

Plus, Chase has become so much of an ass since they put him in Brook Lynn’s orbit.  I really can’t stand to see him anymore.

• Love 4

Today's Episode

Esme and Cam are sparking chemistry. They are still talking about this trip. So are Trina and Spencer. They trade barbs. Trina tells Spencer that she will make things harder for him. They flirt a bit. Trina steps back. Spencer is sadz about baby prison. Esme is kinda jealous and Cam tells  her so. (Esme goes back to Oh Trina wants cam thing). SKIP.  Trina admits Spencer is growing on her. 

Joss is being royal baby bitch. She's demanding why Carly left when Sonny messed up. Joss is passive aggressive and wants to know why Carly isn't answering her question (when Carly tried evade) and Carly goes she wasn't going to let Avery and Donna be w/o their father. Joss goes. ahuh but it's not fair. (ah entitlement... so sweet) - this is boring. skip. 

Sonny is all "I want your club!" Curtis is like, 'scuse you?" He tries to deflect a bit, but it's not happening, and Sonny is like I'm not leaving here until I get it! Hatman has "Imma gonna end you" face. (I will say. can you please take out joss, too?) anyway Sonny just wants to rent the club to give Carly a good time. Curtis is like yeh no. Sonny is like I'll double it. Drew shows up and tries to interect. Curtis is like no. Nina comes in and sees everyone. Sonny is like just tell me how much it costs. Curtis says no again, and sonny rages. NO ONE TELLS ME WHAT TO DO. Curtis goes "heh, it's my club, so yeah I get to." Hatman has a "yeah baby." smile haha

Drew tries to intervene and Sonny screams don't touch me. Sonny goes. "Who do you think you are?" Drew goes "your friend?" (Why? WHY do you want to be his friend?) Sonny goes. "JASON was my friend, YOU are a knock off." (i laughed so hard) THEN Sonny goes. "Now Jason is under a rock 1/2 way around the world, where he should have let you rot in hell." (Drew. take this wake up call. and leave the Corrinthi). and THEN to put the Cherry on top, (even Curtis rolls his eyes). "You were my friend, when you were Jason, you were BETTER then. you know what youa re now? NOTHING!!" then he snaps "Get out of my face." and goes back to Curtis about buying the club for the night. Hatman sips his drink and goes, "he gave you an answer." Sonny snaps. "I ain't talking to you." Nina comes in and goes, "Sonny it's me, let's go." Sonny gives her a once over and goes "I'm not going anywhere with youuuuu." Nina goes. "do you wanna be picked up by the police?" Sonny goes "The Police?! thinking face...whatever." Nina apologizes for Sonny. Hatman has a "wtf" face and then goes "Wtf?" Curtis goes. "Hell if I know." 

Drew wants to know exactly what happened, and they go "I dunno." and Curtis is like I heard what Sonny said, Sorry, Bro. Hatman goes. "Me too. and if he talked to me like that, I woulda popped him one, mob boss or not." (and then deploys. MHM. HHM face). Drew is like do i even know you? LOL. Curtis is like oh right, and he introduces them both.  Show remembers that Hatman had a heart attack thing. Apparently Hatman "knows"  about Sonny. Curtis says he's the one i was gonna ask you about "your thing." Hatman goes. "hell you are, I'm not having my son beholden to Sonny Corinthos." (Okay Hatman. you totally win today). 

Nina and Frank get Sonny home. Sonny tells everyone to leave as he wants to get drunk. Frank ditches because he doesn't get paid enough to deal with Sonny's crap and Nina is like. "it's not prudent to go." Sonny laughs and goes "no one is gonna listen to your wisdom." NIna goes, yeah i suck. but still you were in trouble. Sonny goes "What's it too ya?" Nina goes you know the answer. Sonny goes YOU DON'T KNOW ME! (yeah Nina you don't. RUN). Nina snaps yeah I don't, you've made that clear. But I know enough to know a manic episode when I see one. (Sonny has a oh poop, I've been caught face). ( - AND. see. We all called it. all Carly does is whisper "are you okay?" weepily, and Nina sees the manic episode and will save Sonny)

Sonny goes when did you become an expert on bipolar? Nina infodumps how Phylis how found out. Sonny goes you are right, you shouldn't be here. Nina goes are you off your meds? Sonny is like you should leave I have to fix what you broke. Nina goes it's not about you it's about your two daughters freaking out if they see you like this. Sonny goes do you think Imma gonna hurt my child? (umm... yes?) Nina goes whispers I trust you with my life. But i don't trust the bipolar. 

Mistah Sheffield takes a quick look at the patient ID number. Maxie has no time for him. Maxie goes prove you aren't friends with Peter by killing him. Mistah Sheffield laughs and goes. are you really going to turn down my help? Maxie is like yeup. Mistah Sheffield leaves, and Maxie sees Felicia and gets Funeraldumped. Maxie goes "I wish Victor can be dead too." (okay at least Maxie has no qualms wanting people dead and ordering hits) lol Felicia goes "Imma gonna call Anna" Maxie is like to do what? yell at Mistah Sheffield for talking to me so politely?  (HEHE). Felicia says we can set some ground rules so you don't feel pressure. Maxie goes "don't bring up Austin." Felicia has a sly grin and goes because Austin is your special someone. 

Britt and Austin are still chatting. She wants to know why he went all sad sacky? Austin is like I like parts of my life private.  Brit goes yeah i know what's it like. Austin goes my family is private. Ohh. Austin has a brother. And he's on the spectrum. Austin goes my brother isn't a visual aid, he has a right for privacy. Brit goes, can't you teach w/o bringing your brother in? Britt goes there's private and secret. Austin turns the question about medical secrets and Britt hushs up. Mistah Sheffield shows up and asks. Austin (you know, not an OBYGYN lol) about the ins and outs of sonograms. 

Kristina sighting! she's bantering with Sam. they are like YAY Mom Future!! Sam brags that she put harmony on notice, and Kristina has a look. Kristina is like what do you mean? Sam is like I nipped in the bud. Kristina is like how? Sam tells Kristina how she was a bitch to harmony. and how "We" don't want her in Alexis's life. Kristina goes. okay so who is we? You didn't ask me, did you ask Molly? Sam is like no... but i assumed you didn't want to sit next to Harmony at Mom's. Kristina, irritated now (I don't blame you, Krissy), goes "so did you do this for me, or mom?" Sam goes "both, is that okay with you?" Kristina goes "butting in on mom's life on my so called behalf without asking my permission, um, yeah no. Sam, Not okay with that." And Kristin Davis is showing why she's the best Davis girl. Sam goes "but she was a bad person! she drugged you." and Kristina goes. "yeah. but she also testified against Shiloh. She is also trying to turn her life around. and I'm not going to be the one to take away Mom's new friend." Sam's mind exploded. and is like you're OKAY with this? Kristina goes. "i don't know, but if I'm not that's between me and mom, anyway. let she who is without mess, sweep the first broom." (teehe). Sam's mind explodes again and goes. "are you saying i'm messy?!" (LOL yeah. sam. you are). 

hah. Harmony comes visits Alexis. is this a new set? it's kinda posh. they are nice best friendly acting. But Alexis starts to friend-dump Harmony and Harmony is sadz. Alexis admits that she doens't know if Kristina should be. (don't you think you should talk to your daughter before you dump your friend?). they are assuming what Kristina will do. they are both sadz they can't be friends. (which you know. which is dumb. because they can be if these people stop assuming). 

---------

Sam wants to know how her life is Messy. Kristina is like, didn't you think dating dante would be eyebrow raising? Sam goes "because he's a cop?" Kristina goes. you are dating my brother. Lmao. Kristina goes, if I did have a problem with it, I would have kept it quiet.get it? Sam goes get it. 

Alexis reads the sweet note, and the present is a ghandi quote. Alexis is sadz.

Spencer and Trina had swoony eyes. Cam goes pls do your job. He's kinda snarky. Trina is like :( and Cam is like you wanna go right? With everyone? Trina is like ahuh. . 

Esme has drugs that i still don't know what they are. Trina is like Imma gonna go to the drug store. need anything. Esme is like. NOPE I'm good. 

Carly and joss talk about safe sex. 

Nina says I'm not leaving until you have someone you love is here to keep you safe. Any name and I'll leave. Sonny looks at her. Nina goes. fine I'll call carly. Sonny goes. NOO. fine you stay but stay out of my way. and Nina sits down and calls no one. dumbo. 

Curtis is like thanks, but I can decide what to do myself. I growed. Hatman goes. you can be growed, but if you get involved with Sonny because of me, I'm bouncing. (mucho respect Hatman)  - and then he bounces. Drew goes everything okay? Curtis is like, fine, let's talk about you and sonny.

Felicia goes Lucy thinks tomorrow will be pivotal.  that Louise will be back tomorrow. 

Britt has no time for Mistah Sheffield. Mistah Sheffield goes. "give my best to your mother." Britt sashays with a GO TO HELL. Mistah Sheffield sits down, and goes I wanna figure out this sonogram, the name and everything is gone. Austin is like. no. it's not. this is the ID number.  Mistah Sheffield clues in. Austin goes I'll return it.  Mistah Sheffield goes. "Imagine mixing up one baby for another."

Show ends.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

Unfiltered Sonny telling Drew exactly what he thinks of him is my jam. I wouldn't want Drew to believe that Sonny likes him or cares about him. To Sonny, Drew is a Jason knock off who then turned around and left him so that he could take care and be with his wife and kids without having to deal with the danger that Sonny and the mob brought into his life. 

I'm glad we got all of this straightened out!

That said, I really liked how Curtis handled Sonny. No, I don't want you throwing your money and me and if you raise your voice at me, I will raise my voice right back.

OMG! EVERYONE, QUICK! The stupid cabin trip is about to happen. 

I don't care about Carly and Joss scenes. The whole young adult scene is beyond stupid. Esme, Cam has known Trina for years. Do your homework and act like a proper psycho or take a goddamn seat.

I liked Kristina standing up for herself and giving Sam a reasoned explanation about Harmony. And throwing in the whole people in glass houses was good as well. And Sam, your life is very messy. 

I do like the Alexis and Harmony friendship. Actually, I wish Harmony would go back to her real name instead of having her still be Harmony. I think that would be a nice break and would signal that she has moved on from the whole Dawn of Days business.

So Austin's brother is the one on the spectrum. I'm assuming we will see him sooner rather than later. If that's the case, maybe they should consider casting someone who is on the spectrum. 

I would really like to have a Carly and Sonny break. It feels like they've been on every day for the past 2-3 weeks. They really don't need to dominate the show like that, especially if they're going to repeat the same lines over and over and over. 

Nina, do yourself a favor and leave that house.

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

OMG! EVERYONE, QUICK! The stupid cabin trip is about to happen. 

Lmao!!  This damn trip has become the new Nixon Falls.  Like, who cares?!  Something epic better happen (by which I mean it definitely won’t).

6 hours ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

And yet again Sonny's off his meds.  I'm just about out - and I've watched since Day One.

I’ll say this about Mo..as sick to death as I am of this storyline being trotted out he does commit to it.  He looks like holy hell right now, just as he always has when he does the “Sonny going off his meds (again)” story.

Kristina is my favorite Davis coven member and I’m glad she is once again the reasonable one.  It could be said that Harmony was also brainwashed by Shiloh, she was just another cult member who took it to the next level.  She’s trying to move on with her life and actually is able to acknowledge her faults.  Unlike others who shall remain nameless, but rhymes with SHAM.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

The stupid cabin trip is about to happen. 

Well, it's happening "tomorrow" which in PC land will happen likely around Valentin's day so too week's at least,  they can make it super romantic for Cam and Joss' first time.....with Spesme in the next room and Trina on the couch.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I’ll say this about Mo..as sick to death as I am of this storyline being trotted out he does commit to it.  He looks like holy hell right now, just as he always has when he does the “Sonny going off his meds (again)” story.

I don't like why they are doing it, but i will say - I don't mind them doing it because i do know that people do yoyo off their meds. So only having it one and done isn't very realistic.

3 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

It could be said that Harmony was also brainwashed by Shiloh, she was just another cult member who took it to the next level.  

i would say i am surprised people aren't acknowledging that fact - i mean Harmony flat out said it but no we need to flog her for her past crimes even though she's making amends (it's not to excuse it - but she was a victim here too). 

• Love 3

While I suspect that Kristina only “matured” because she’s rarely on, I did appreciate her telling Sam not to do things on her behalf and that if she had an issue with Harmony being in Alexis’ life, it would be between her and Alexis, not Sam. I feel like Sam took over this role for Alexis a few years ago and gets way too involved and argumentative with others seemingly on either her mom or sisters behalf but it’s never what they would want her to do so It feels like an excuse for her to yell or be rude to others. See the months she was yelling at Brando for sleeping with Molly. 

• Love 8
50 minutes ago, Daisy said:

JASON was my friend, YOU are a knock off." (i laughed so hard) THEN Sonny goes. "Now Jason is under a rock 1/2 way around the world, where he should have let you rot in hell." (Drew. take this wake up call. and leave the Corrinthi). 

I was like OH, he’s really going there?!  Yikes.  And Drew just has that earnest charm and comes off as so genuine that it’s even more shitty to hear Sonny going after him.

51 minutes ago, Daisy said:

(Okay Hatman. you totally win today). 

Between today and his date with Pip (before he started dying), Hat is growing on me.  Plus it gives us more time with Curtis which is always enjoyable.  Hat can stay.  FOR NOW.

• Love 4

I agree that bipolar patients get off their meds on occasion, but I'm still not buying Sonny not taking his meds. If he was newly diagnosed, I'd buy it, but I think they started the bipolar story in the 2000s, right? So, Sonny has known about his bipolar disorder for years now and has been medicated for years now. We've also seen him purposely go off the medication on multiple occasions. This isn't the first time. It's like the 5th or 6th time.

I just don't see why he had to go off them again for this story. Why? What purpose does it serve to the ultimate story? I'm still not seeing any desire on his part for Nina so it all seems so pointless. Plus, I just think at his age (mid to late 50s), he'd realize the harm in not taking those meds. At least that's what I've gotten from MB's personal interviews. To this day, MB says he has fleeting thoughts of not needing the medication, but he knows he has to take his meds so he does. I just think Sonny would have reached a similar point at this stage in his life. 

I'm sure Drew will be back to being buddies w/Sonny after this is over, but I wish he wouldn't. Once CarSon learned Drew wasn't Jason, they tossed him aside and had no use for him. That's the truth. They were no longer friends, and I hate that the show tried to ignore that. It seems they acknowledged today that Sonny doesn't see Drew as a real friend, and they need to do the same w/Carly. Carly would drop him like a hot potato if Jason resurfaced! Drew, those ppl are NOT your friends! He need not associate with Corinthii or Corinthos-adjacent people. Period! Leave them all alone. 

Glad Kristina told Sam to not speak for her. I didn't see the show yet, but I was annoyed last week when Alexis accepted that Kristina would be unhappy w/her friendship w/Harmony w/o even speaking to Kristina! Who does that? Talk to your daughter, Alexis! I don't really care if Alexis and Harmony are friends but Alexis is being stupid for not talking to her daughter first and just accepting Sam's word! 

Thank goodness this horrific trip is finally happening so these kids can STOP discussing it. 

Carly/Joss - FF/mute material. Glad I missed it! 

I like Britt and Austin. I wish they would think of pairing those two instead of Austin w/Maxie. Maxie is just so . . . ugh . . . to me. LOL! I'm so sick of her baby problems! 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 7
46 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I was like OH, he’s really going there?!  Yikes.  And Drew just has that earnest charm and comes off as so genuine that it’s even more shitty to hear Sonny going after him.

It sucks, but I don't think Drew should be under any illusions about the way Sonny feels about him. Sonny will of course apologize the way Sonny apologizes for the things he said, tell Drew he didn't mean it and Drew will very graciously accept Sonny's apology/non-apology. And I will shake my fist at the TV with a lot of indignation before falling back into apathy because it's Sonny and our man-child buffoon must be forgiven for all his transgressions.

• Love 6
52 minutes ago, Daisy said:
56 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I don't like why they are doing it, but i will say - I don't mind them doing it because i do know that people do yoyo off their meds. So only having it one and done isn't very realistic.

I get that but I would think people go off their meds because they are feeling good (because of the meds), and mistakenly think they don’t need them anymore  That isn’t what’s happened with Sonny at all.  His life is in complete turmoil, he is not at a point where he could feel so good that he thinks he doesn’t need meds anymore.  Also, he’s been on medication for like two decades.  Even if he feels he can do without it, he knows he actually can’t, at least not just cold turkey without a doctor’s supervision.

29 minutes ago, lala2 said:

To this day, MB says he has fleeting thoughts of not needing the medication, but he knows he has to take his meds so he does. I just think Sonny would have reached a similar point at this stage in his life. 

Exactly this.

30 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I like Britt and Austin. I wish they would think of pairing those two instead of Austin w/Maxie. Maxie is just so . . . ugh . . . to me.

I agree.  Britt and Austin are cute together.  Maxie is very annoying.  I feel badly saying that as Kirsten Storms has had some really great acting moments, but her voice.  It’s very whiny and just not very pleasant.

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I just don't see why he had to go off them again for this story. Why? What purpose does it serve to the ultimate story? I'm still not seeing any desire on his part for Nina so it all seems so pointless.

I think this is their way out of the corner that they've written Nina in.  If Nina is the only one who figures out that Sonny is off his meds, and she's the one to bring attention to it and saves Sonny, that might be the only way the rest of the Corinthi will forgive her and move on from this dog forsaken mess of a story.  Laura, Dante, Curtis and Drew have noticed that Sonny is acting odd but neither of them think to check if he's taking his meds?  Carly knows the pharmacy called about his prescription and she doesn't think to check?  It has to be to gvie Nina the win without dear, loveswithallherheart Carly losing face.  

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

that might be the only way the rest of the Corinthi will forgive [Nina] and move on from this dog forsaken mess of a story.

Or at least she'll be ignored by them. That's the best outcome for everyone, IMO. Pretend they don't exist, and when you bump into them, move on. Don't engage.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Or at least she'll be ignored by them. That's the best outcome for everyone, IMO. Pretend they don't exist, and when you bump into them, move on. Don't engage.

Except that it's those turnips for brains who tend to engage, not the other way around.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5