Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I know it won’t happen but I want them all to suffer after the truth comes out. Maxie falsely reported a kidnapping, which is much worse than whatever Tracy did that they said warranted jail time if Alexis hadn’t gotten the charges dropped and BL has been her accessory. It’s been 8 months so the amount of police or federal resources wasted on this would have been insane. Also, Detective Chase found out the truth and instead of exposing them, kept it going but I’m guessing it’ll have no impact on his job since other than Dante and Mac, the PCPD is empty. 

This.  I want to see consequences and repercussions for their stupid decisions, but it won’t happen.  They’ll probably be given medals or some such nonsense.

• Love 4

So, why did Esme show up with drugs and the burner phone when all she needed to bring was a pin to sabotage Cam and Josslyn’s condoms? That way the Port Charles population sign could be amended next fall!

Spoiler

What’s her endgame anyway?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, ciarra said:

What is Victor getting in return for locating Louise and telling LWB?  I forget.

Drew knows something that Victor needs, so he has to activate him.

This storyline pisses me off so much. Dante was brainwashed and when Sam saw what he was doing, she took him to Kevin so that he could get help.

Drew knows that this isn't over, but instead of getting help to deprogram him, he's just going around town waxing poetics about the super noble Jason and being told by Sonny where to go.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
On 1/25/2022 at 8:30 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

I also don't really see Chase/Brook Lyn as a couple. I think they make great friends and Brook Lyn is the type of chick that Chase needs one who will get under his skin and challenge him but he's too simple for her.

I see BL with a far more complex man like Valentin or someone of his ilk

Chase is sweet but too much of a Gary Sue. He’s simple but pretty like a Golden Retriever. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, ciarra said:

Nina to Carly:  I didn't think you'd be here.

In the hotel that Carly owns, and where she is living?

It was that Carly was in a yoga class. She isn't the most laid-back of people.

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Drew knows that this isn't over, but instead of getting help to deprogram him, he's just going around town waxing poetics about the super noble Jason and being told by Sonny where to go.

Didn't super noble Jason give Drew the way to fight off the programming? Or was it only to Britt about the card? I forget and don't really care, but I thought Drew had a bit more control over things now.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I know it won’t happen but I want them all to suffer after the truth comes out. Maxie falsely reported a kidnapping, which is much worse than whatever Tracy did that they said warranted jail time if Alexis hadn’t gotten the charges dropped and BL has been her accessory. It’s been 8 months so the amount of police or federal resources wasted on this would have been insane. Also, Detective Chase found out the truth and instead of exposing them, kept it going but I’m guessing it’ll have no impact on his job since other than Dante and Mac, the PCPD is empty. 

and then any lawyer (so Dianne or Col Tad) will easily be able to represent that Maxie was doing the best thing for her child. That Ms. Jones on several occasions asked the police and family to not pursue the the matter, and that any investigation was done on their own volition. And since the baby's father is a wanted criminal in several jurisdictions and has escaped custody time and again. and has made several statements that he does not care about Ms Jone's wishes or the safety of his child over his own desires. And while it might have been easier/prudent to have Ms Jones's law enforcement family protect the child, there is the fact that Mr. August has in fact been able to get past security measures in the past. They were doing what was for the best interest of the child. Also also, there would be no worse punishment than what maxie already went through -missing eight months of her daughter's life and BLQ having to give up a child she had been raising on her own. 

not to mention who exactly would press charges? Her Police Commissioner father? Her DA godfather? her WSB Godmom? (the same WSB that had no qualms letting Mistah Sheffield go because they'd rather keep the bones buried vs. keeping him in jail).

they could go down the road, if they wanted but i just feel it would be a waste of time. Maxie never pushed for the cops to do anything, she had flat out stated, that while Louise is out there it was even safer that she was still gone while Peter was captured.  According to Google Law, the punishment is 6 months in jail +1000 dollar fine for filing a false report. Maxie lost eight months+ w/the babyi'm pretty sure most judges would say, time served and community service. 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Daisy said:

and then any lawyer (so Dianne or Col Tad) will easily be able to represent that Maxie was doing the best thing for her child. That Ms. Jones on several occasions asked the police and family to not pursue the the matter, and that any investigation was done on their own volition. And since the baby's father is a wanted criminal in several jurisdictions and has escaped custody time and again. and has made several statements that he does not care about Ms Jone's wishes or the safety of his child over his own desires. And while it might have been easier/prudent to have Ms Jones's law enforcement family protect the child, there is the fact that Mr. August has in fact been able to get past security measures in the past. They were doing what was for the best interest of the child. Also also, there would be no worse punishment than what maxie already went through -missing eight months of her daughter's life and BLQ having to give up a child she had been raising on her own. 

not to mention who exactly would press charges? Her Police Commissioner father? Her DA godfather? her WSB Godmom? (the same WSB that had no qualms letting Mistah Sheffield go because they'd rather keep the bones buried vs. keeping him in jail).

they could go down the road, if they wanted but i just feel it would be a waste of time. Maxie never pushed for the cops to do anything, she had flat out stated, that while Louise is out there it was even safer that she was still gone while Peter was captured.  According to Google Law, the punishment is 6 months in jail +1000 dollar fine for filing a false report. Maxie lost eight months+ w/the babyi'm pretty sure most judges would say, time served and community service. 

Yeah, I think rather than punishing Maxie legally, a better story would have been if only BLQ and Maxie knew and then when the time came, BLQ acted like Maxie was insane and of course Bailey was her daughter.  It would obviously make sense for Brooklyn to get attached and then do that.  But, once Nina and Dr. O and now Chase were looped in and I'm pretty sure Brook has admitted it in front of ALL of them that possibility has gone out the window.  She could take off with her, but I don't think that has as dramatic a punch.  Especially now that Valentin no longer thinks he's the father. I think they really messed up so many soapy possibilities with this story.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Yeah, I think rather than punishing Maxie legally, a better story would have been if only BLQ and Maxie knew and then when the time came, BLQ acted like Maxie was insane and of course Bailey was her daughter.  It would obviously make sense for Brooklyn to get attached and then do that.  But, once Nina and Dr. O and now Chase were looped in and I'm pretty sure Brook has admitted it in front of ALL of them that possibility has gone out the window.  She could take off with her, but I don't think that has as dramatic a punch.  Especially now that Valentin no longer thinks he's the father. I think they really messed up so many soapy possibilities with this story.

honestly, that's where i thought it was going. that BLQ/Val would fall in love over the baby, they'd have a custody battle or something, yadayaday yada. i mean, I'm also glad they went left with the story and BLQ is just going to set herself up for heartache or something - but this storyline (like the other ones) just get dragged out so. long. to the point it's stupid now. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Didn't super noble Jason give Drew the way to fight off the programming? Or was it only to Britt about the card? I forget and don't really care, but I thought Drew had a bit more control over things now.

She knows the card to take him out of his programming. I don't think he has any control over it, though.

• Useful 1
On 1/25/2022 at 8:04 PM, TVbitch said:

Okay the vibe and looks between Alexis and Harmony lately, and her spot on gift for Alexis today has me kind of shipping them. 

Interesting, as I was getting some vibes too, at least once Alexis read Harmony's message

• Love 3

Today's Notes

I have to laugh. Nina (once again) is telling Carly to shut up and listen. Carly goes. look I know we are going to see each other, so if I pass you without saying anything be thankful. Nina goes. yeah right. but shut up and listen. Carly goes I don't have to listen to anything you have to say. (boy. doesn't this seem SO FAMILIAR, NINE MONTHS AGO?!) anyway Nina goes this is about Sonny. 

Carly goes you told me everything I needed to know, that you wanted to sleep with with Sonny and take him back. Nina says she's was wrong for being blunt, she won't apologize for being honest but Carly is what is best for Carly so listen. Carly goes I have no time for you, and whatever is between Sonny and me does not involve you. She goes to leave and Sasha shows up and goes HI PEOPLE!! and hugs Carly. Carly looks horrified. but she starts smiling again. Both of them ask if Sasha is okay, and Nina goes we both know what it's like to lose a child. Carly dismisses Nina and Carly gives Sasha how grief is a horrible emotion, something something...but it can destroy you.  Sasha goes. Look i respect you. (WHY?!) but don't judge me. i don't need that. I don't have to relieve everything to get over Liam. Carly goes how do you know if you don't try? Sasha looks like she wants to Cut Carly. (DO IT)

Deanna is taking care of Sonny. Sonny goes Am I going to live? (Me: please no) Deanna goes that's above my paygrade. Anyway Sonny is having a manic episode and he leaves the room. now. wouldn't a nurse be aware of this? Monica stops him. (Why Monica? let him get hit by a car). They bond over Jason grieving. Monica thinks Sonny is self medicating and leaves.  Brando shows up. Brando goes I need help. They chat. Brando is like what am I gonna get from the shrink? He thinks something is wrong with him because he can't move on like Sasha. something something talking, talking. but basically talking to Brando, Sonny realizes he can't ditch his meds. 

Esme is drugging the hot toddy. Why didn't she just doing this in the kitchen. Esme's clothes are always awesome. now they play Never Have I Ever.  Esme still pushes Trina and Cam and now Joss is like whu? We get infodumped about their past. Trina points out that they both liked Cam, but Trina backed off. Joss and Esme start sniping. Spencer is like um. can we get to the game. Esme goes, FINE, Never have I ever moved in on my best friend's crush DRINK UP JOSS! (hahahahahahaa). Trina looks sadz though. Joss goes we had a pact, and we kept that pact, and I reminded you of the pact when westarte dating and Trina said she was happy for us.(Um. bitch. if you had a pact it means YOU BOTH stay away from Cam). annnd.. Drugged Trina says the exact same thing! LOL She goes "What was I supposed to say?" Joss's face deflates. Esme has a poop eating grin. Trina goes I wasn't upset, I dunno. I''m just there. I'm alone.. Esme stokes the fire. Cam snaps Trina and I never had anything (ouch but i mean. accurate). Trina laments she misses when it was the three of us. not 2 + 1. then she goes, she doesn't feel good. Everyone looks sadz, and then Esme turns around has another shit eating grin. 

Val recaps. haha Val goes Maxie is an upstanding citizen why is she friends with BLQ? Or Chase? this doesn't fit!! BLQ is a known liar why would anyone like her? (I don't know Val. you're a known liar and people like you, so...).  Val wants to know what the secret is so he can hold it over BLQ.  Val keeps going Maxie was always there of course she was in on BLQ's lie Martin goes I'd stay away from people like that unless i was invested. The light bulb goes off and Val goes "Martin you beautiful bastard. that's it." They argue and Col Tad goes. WHY WOULD MAXIE GO WITH THE LIE. And Val goes. "because BLQ isn't Bailey's mother." Val runs the story to Col. Tad. Col. Tad is like. holy crap. Val goes are you going to tell peter?  Col Tad is insulted. (I don't blame him). Apparently Yuri is still tailing BLQ. so maybe Yuri can Infodump Val and get him proof. Col. Tad goes. So when you get proof, what are you going to do?"

Maxie is freaking out and she's trying to derail Austin. Austin goes I heard you, pls stp lying. Austin goes i heard you say this was your plan with Britt, and maxie starts to freaking out. Austin gently goes. you can tell me. Maxie goes I'll tell you what really happened. Maxie quasi-lies and but also tells the truth about how she was stupid about Peter. Austin goes that's why you confided in BLQ? Maxie snaps Leave BLQ out of this. Austin goes it was just a simple question. Why does it upset you?  Maxie goes. no-  it doesn't upset me. Basically. Maxie gaslights him,Austin is like no, that's not true, back and forth, and then, Austin goes look i am glad we came we're getting somewhere and then BAM Maxie kisses him and they are both kissing each other pretty hard. 

they break part and Maxie breathes she was sorry. Austin is like. It was nice, did you think it was nice? Felicia interrupts. and goes. Do you wanna fill me in? Austin goes we're both emotional. Felicia goes "you are both strong. but yeah no what's the real deal." 

Mistah Sheffield wants Peter's info. And... Sheffield drops the Bailey Bomb. Peter doesn't buy it. Mistah Sheffield is trying to talk peter into it. Peter gets there  though. and his brain starts to explode. Peter cries how he scoured the entire world and she was in PC all this time. Mistah Sheffield goes "um. my skills has a cost, dude." Peter is all Louise will be Mine! Then this deluded ass goes "Maxie has betrayed me in the worst way possible." Peter snaps are you sure that maxie did all of this? Mistah Sheffield goes, "Well to be fair i'm sure maxie thought you were gonna be in supermax or dead with in weeks, so." (hahah, we ALL did Mistah Sheffield). Peter snaps if the hick doctor was involved. Peter is pissed that Maxie played her as a fool, even the nurse I hired to you know, kidnap her, couldn't stop her.. I didn't know Maxie was this cruel and devious. I really thought she loved me. (DUDE. SHE LOVED YOU UNTIL YOU SHOWED HER YOU WERE CRACKED IN THE HEAD). Peter sobs i thought if I brought her Louise, Maxie would remember she loved me. But now maxie is lost to me. She made me suffer. She made me imagine bad things about our baby And now Maxie must pay for her betrayal. (Mistah Sheffield looks kinda scared). 

Val shows up with the Hospital and Monica and Yuri look so cute (go get it Monica!!). Val wants info. Monica is like I dunno. BLQ moved out. we get the infodump from Monica of why she was afraid of maxie getting close and she hopes Val is getting peace of mind. Val has a shit eating grin when he goes I'm searching for what I need, but I'm confident Imma gonna find it.

Mistah Sheffield is like look i did my part. give mewhat i need. peter goes no. our deal involved Maxie and maxie's not a part of this anymore. we need to revise it.  Peter is like do one more thing. Sheffield goes I found your daughter. Peter goes What good does it do me being cuffed to the bed.(WHAT?! YOU were ALWAYS going to be cuffed to the bed you MORON). Anyway. He wants to be released. Peter goes if you figured it out, everyone else will too, and they'll keep her with me. Sheffield snaps NOT my problem. Peter goes. how badly do you want the info from Drew because until i am with Lou that info is being locked in my head. Mistah Sheffield gives a "Child, don't eff with me." look. 

--------

Joss goes off on Esme. Joss goes you've been playing all of us. The only reason I held back is because Spencer thinks he loves you. (Spencer hahaha looks off in the distance with a. well..... look) Esme starts to tear up and goes all i wanted to do was be your friend! Joss goes you gave me plenty of reasons to hate you starting with the threat to mind her own business. (well i mean. you SHOULD mind your own business, Joss, you stupid twat). Spencer looks at Esme at that comment. Joss goes. i come after you because I see right through you. All your simpering, and how you lead spencer by his pants. (Spencer now looks pissed).  I know you for what you are. A manipulative little bitch. Spencer looks at Esme. and Esme looks like she is going to cut Joss. (DO IT! DO IT!)

Maxie wants to go home and hug her other children. Felicia is like okay let's split. Austin follows. 

Sasha goes. BYE CARLY and leaves. Carly leaves. Nina flashes back to Sonny.  Nina chases after Carly and tells Carly Sonny NEEDS her. Carly goes i'm not talking to you about this. And leaves. (Stay awesome Carly). 

Brando blows smoke up Sonny's ass being the best man he knows (clearly he only knows Sonny then). 

Monica comes to see Peter. Monica goes I don't care about your complaints, you are leaving. Monica is like it gives me great joy knowing you are gonna suffer for what you did to Drew. (oh and you know Jason but who cares about him?).  Peter smugs at Monica.

Val goes to the nurses desk and goes. I want all of BLQ2s records coz I'm her daddy. Mistah Sheffield looks at him in the distance.

Show ends.

• Love 14
On 1/26/2022 at 2:33 PM, Katy M said:

Carly and Sonny wouldn't let something like a change in paternity affect custody. And if the show changed that and Ava got full custody because of it, it's a loss for the Corinthii, which can't ever happen.

Interesting; to change Avery's paternity to Morgan would make Carly/Sonny the grandparents.  Perhaps Ava would make them fight for grandparent visitation, just as they will eventually do to Nina...  (well, Michael would make her do it, but we all know Carly would be pulling his strings).  

• Love 7

It's so stupid Nina hasn't learned (or the writers won't let her, more likely) to just say what she wants to say to Carly instead of prefacing it with all that nonsense. Just tell Carly that Sonny is off his meds right off the bat. FFS, it's so annoying.

• Love 24

Victor is a big ol' dummy. As much as I enjoy the portrayal and get a real kick out of him, the show has managed to turn him into a total dumbass. I get why Vic is in Peter's orbit, but seriously, how many times does Peter have to pull the bait and switch on him before he says enough and moves on. Also, minus a infinity cool points, Victor. How dare you use Bailey like that?!

Yuri sighting! Monica should adopt him! There wasn't enough vitriol in her scenes with Peter, though. She should have grabbed the pillow and smothered him to death.

The whole world is figuring out what's that Louise is Bailey which was to be expected. I really want to see Victor and Valentin at odds over this. 

So what is Esme's stated goal? Break up Cam and Joss? Break up the friendship between Trina, Joss and Cam? She could have roofied the mug in the kitchen instead of doing it right there in plain sight.

Nina's conversation with Carly is reminiscent of when she called Carly to tell her that Sonny was alive and got chewed out for her trouble, but honestly, Nina could've just come out and told Carly that Sonny is off his meds and had a manic episode instead of simpering and waxing on about how Sonny loves her and needs her. Just spit it out, Nina. It's not hard. The toddle you're married to is off his meds and had a manic episode. He is at the hospital. The end.

I feel like I need a ten-year nap after this.

• Love 17
16 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It's so stupid Nina hasn't learned (or the writers won't let her, more likely) to just say what she wants to say to Carly instead of prefacing it with all that nonsense. Just tell Carly that Sonny is off his meds right off the bat. FFS, it's so annoying.

i am thinking (due to one of the flashbacks). because Sonny said "don't tell Carly," she's trying to honour that request. so she's pushing the . HELLO. HE NEEEDS YOU. but at this point just go. "your husband is having a manic fit right now. bleh bleh."

• Love 6

I'm slightly disappointed that Maxie's evil plan to keep Louise from Peter angered him instead of turned him on. Doesn't he want a partner in crime? He clearly doesn't want to be a good man.

2 minutes ago, Daisy said:

i am thinking (due to one of the flashbacks). because Sonny said "don't tell Carly," she's trying to honour that request. so she's pushing the . HELLO. HE NEEEDS YOU. but at this point just go. "your husband is having a manic fit right now. bleh bleh."

Screw what Sonny wants. He's off his meds, a dangerous place to be. That should overrule whatever Nina is feeling about protecting his privacy, or whatever.

• Love 9

Is there more to Esme's plan? I wasn't really paying attn to her preparing the drinks but it seems Trina is the only one impacted by that drug.  Did she only give it to Trina? What is her end goal? What is the point of this? To break up the Joss/Trina friendship? I assumed she was going to drug them and put Cam in bed w/Trina or something like that? Why are we being made to watch whatever this is? LOL! I hate Josslyn but did like her line about Esme being a "manipulative little bitch." For the first time in ever, I thought, "Go, Josslyn." I feel dirty now. LOL! 

I am still shipping Austin/Britt, but the Austin/Maxie scenes were good today. I even enjoyed the kiss. 

Too bad Maxie didn't tell ppl - or at least Valentin - the truth about her daughter. Now, Peter knows everything, and since we know, GH has no plans on ever getting rid of awful Peter, I'm sure he'll escape and run off w/Bailey! At least Maxie admitted today that she should have listened to the numerous folks she normally trusts about Peter. She was forewarned about him too many times to count and ignored everyone! 

Carly has such a big mouth. She never just shuts up. That's why she didn't learn something again today! That said, it doesn't help that the writers didn't let Nina speak like a normal person. She couldn't just tell Carly about Sonny not taking his meds, she had to do it in the roundabout, illogical, stupid soap opera way! Oh well. 

I didn't mind the Sonny/Brando scenes but I didn't pay real close attn either. LOL! It seems seeing Brando may have convinced Sonny to get back on his meds! The sooner he's back on his meds, the better b/c I maintain the story doesn't need for Sonny to be off them. It makes no sense.

Carly and Sasha was automatic mute material for me. 

I hate Peter. That is all. 

• Love 11

Obviously it's good that Monica put her professional obligations first and tried to stop a patient in distress from leaving, but ugh, writers, don't put her and Sonny in situations where she would need to be civil because HE MURDERED HER SON, M-U-R-D-E-R-E-D!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 17
14 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

And since Felicia is back, she can wring her hands about how she felt when Georgie was kidnapped by Crazy Ryan. (I imagine Felicia felt when she learned Ryan transferred his obsession towards Ava.) 

It's kind of ridiculous at this point that they haven't added NuSpencer to the credits- this kid is picking out an Emmy reel for himself and the show won't even put up a 1-second photo of him in the credits? I'm assuming it's a paygrade thing.

It’s funny but I hadn’t even noticed that he wasn’t even in the opening credits. I just assumed his flash card (remember them?) was there and I had seen it. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm slightly disappointed that Maxie's evil plan to keep Louise from Peter angered him instead of turned him on. Doesn't he want a partner in crime?

That's exactly what I was thinking!

I don't understand Esme's goal. Get Trina all teary so everyone else feels sorry for her? What does that accomplish?

• Love 4

I know that Sonny and Carly are the king and queen of the show but the scene where Sonny counsels Brando and even worse where Carly tells Sasha she's grieving wrong were just so awful.

Victor, I liked you for a while but you are totally getting played by Peter yet again. No wonder you were the also-ran behind Mikkos and Helena.

Yuri and Monica are so cute.

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

The whole world is figuring out what's that Louise is Bailey which was to be expected. I really want to see Victor and Valentin at odds over this.

That could be good soap. Valentin has pretty much been laissez faire over Victor but helping Peter who then kidnaps Bailey (because we all know that he will) could be what breaks their budding father/son relationship.

57 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Screw what Sonny wants. He's off his meds, a dangerous place to be. That should overrule whatever Nina is feeling about protecting his privacy, or whatever.

True. But I can see Nina torn between doing what Sonny wants and doing what's right for him. If she goes against his wishes, he'll never forgive her and there goes the faint hope that she can be with him.

In other not-news, Carly never learns.

1 minute ago, Pingaponga said:

I don't understand Esme's goal. Get Trina all teary so everyone else feels sorry for her? What does that accomplish?

Maybe to humiliate her in front of her besties and destroy those relationships which would also keep her from hanging around Spencer.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

"Grown men aren't supposed to cry," WHAT?! Brando, you're an idiot. Talk to your therapist and cry as much as you need to. Better out than in.

Ugh, this show.

I cannot and will not ever care about Brando, no matter how many dead babies they give him. 

Esme was kind of hilarious today. How come none of the teens noticed Trina was a mess even before things got all awkward? She needs better friends.  We still haven’t seen Esme use that burner phone so I guess there’s more to her plan than pissing Joss off and making sure Cam stays a virgin. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, AryasMum said:

Chase is sweet but too much of a Gary Sue. He’s simple but pretty like a Golden Retriever. 

Yep he works best as a hero/good guy but not much else. He and Willow were pretty but were on the same wavelength which worked till they ruined that pairing tbh. 

• Love 2

Victor simply does not care about an innocent child.

Him not hesitating for a second to tell Peter the truth about baby Louise only to get the Drew info ... is probably in character for him, but he just fell from my personal hit list deep down to the other one starting ith an s...

Serves him right he did not get the info he was doing it for.

• Love 4

Maxie is a stupid idiot but Austin isn't and I don't think he is the type that will be very happy when he figures it out that Maxie just kissed him to block him from getting to close to what really happened the night Louise was born.  I hope it happens right when Maxie decides she really likes Austin, and Austin will be " ya I don't think so".

When Sasha walks in a room and sees Carly she should turn run.

• Love 8

Can anyone translate what Yuri said to monica? They really had a cool.moment!

I love him. 

Ok, table for one here, but I think WR is kind of in on the joke about Peter being a Snarly McSnarleyson-type character. Today especially. He is definitely intense.

images (4).jpeg

images (5).jpeg

Edited by seasons
Muttley!
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, seasons said:

Ok, table for one here, but I think WR is kind of in on the joke about Peter being a Snarly McSnarleyson-type character. Today especially. He is definitely intense.

He was a total ham sandwich today. 

And points for Martin for being offended at the notion he'd go to Peter with the Bailey-is-Louise theory. I prefer my characters grey, not Snidely Whiplash evil. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, seasons said:

I was willing to believe that until today. He was so over the top that all I could see was John Lovitz.

If they're not going to kill him off, then do us all a favor and  just let him come back periodically so he can keep his SAG benefits. 

Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 6.13.48 PM.png

Edited by rur
  • LOL 6

4 hours ago, rur said:

I was willing to believe that until today. He was so over the top that all I could see was John Lovitz.

If they're not going to kill him off, then do us all a favor and  just let him come back periodically so he can keep his SAG benefits. 

Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 6.13.48 PM.png

How is it that Wes Ramsey was actually a better actor when he was in his 20's  and starring in Latter Days and Charmed then he is now after twenty years in the business? At least Maurice Bernard can blame the degradation of his acting skills on his bipolar meds. Man, I wish now that Steve Sandvoss had been the one from Latter Days to have a long career instead.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 4

Nina only does what Sonny wants when it's about keeping secrets from Carly and his family but never when he asks her to leave him alone. Very bizarre to me that Nina is being applauded for keeping a medical crisis from the family of a man who she knows is experiencing a manic episode. To me, Nina has enough brain and foresight to take the necessary steps needed to inform Sonny's family and leave him alone, no matter what pushback she would receive from certain members of said family.

All her hemming and hawing on the reasons she's not telling his family just seem juvenile in the face of the seriousness of Sonny's condition. No matter if you think she did the right thing or not, you have to admit that there's an element of self-interest and selfishness of wanting to be Sonny's safe haven that colors all of Nina's decisions.

• Love 4

Why Nina didn't see Carly and immediately walk up to her and say "I just took Sonny to GH--he's off his meds and is having a manic episode" and then immediately turn and leave is a mystery.  I mean, I know it's because the writers somehow think it's entertaining to have Carly screech and Nina over and over again and Nina just not saying anything, but enough. 

I don't know what Esme's plan is, or was--all I know is I think I'm supposed to be rooting for Joss and I just think she's a colossal entitled brat.  Also, is the whole "sisters before misters" moment going to be forgotten, with poor Trina having to apologize to Carly Jr. for daring to not just toe the Josslyn line?

• Love 7
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Maybe to humiliate her in front of her besties and destroy those relationships which would also keep her from hanging around Spencer.

I think that's probably it -- or, similar to that -- to push Trina together with Cameron so that Trina and Spencer don't spend so much time together. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I don't know what Esme's plan is, or was--all I know is I think I'm supposed to be rooting for Joss and I just think she's a colossal entitled brat.  Also, is the whole "sisters before misters" moment going to be forgotten, with poor Trina having to apologize to Carly Jr. for daring to not just toe the Josslyn line

what I am going to find interesting is that Joss now does know that it does bother Trina and what is she going to do. hahaa oh wait this is the spawn of Carly. she's not going to end things with Cam.  (poor Cam). 

• Love 8

I didn't really care for Trina being drugged.   She's the only one not coupled up in the group, she's the only non-white person in the group, now she's the only drugged one in the group.  They better have Spencer get off his ass and wrap this up soon.   They went over the line today, just my opinion.  

• Love 20
2 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

How is it that Wes Ramsey was actually a better actor when he was in his 20's  and starring in Latter Days and Charmed then he is now after twenty years in the business? At least Maurice Bernard can blame the degradation of his acting skills on his bipolar meds. Man, I wish now that Steve Sandvoss had been the one from Latter Days to have a long career instead.

He was honestly really good on GL too. He had a lot of potential back then and seemed natural to the point where I can’t believe this is the same person. 

16 minutes ago, CeChase said:

I didn't really care for Trina being drugged.   She's the only one not coupled up in the group, she's the only non-white person in the group, now she's the only drugged one in the group.  They better have Spencer get off his ass and wrap this up soon.   They went over the line today, just my opinion.  

I didn’t enjoy it either though, in soap world horrible things like this happen to people and Esme is a villain so it makes sense. But I really need Spencer to not just stand there apathetically while his gf causes all this drama. And if the show is going to have Trina admit that she’s struggling with Joss and Cam dating then I expect a follow up to that. I don’t think she wants Cam, she’s just bummed to feel like the fifth wheel with her best friends. And since all these people are free with the PDA in front of her I don’t blame her at all. It’s time for a third teen boy on the scene who is just for Trina. 

• Love 14

I like how Victor, Peter , Martin, and Valentine all know but Maxie is lying still. She and BL will deserve what Peter does for how bad they pulled this off.

Valentine pointing out Maxie's always at the house making excuses to see Bailey. The Chase father lie, the walking around with a patient ID photo. Maxie's a moron. 

Who is Carly to order Nina out of the room? Sasha should have said something.

What's Yury's job now? Date Monica?

Maxie wants to hug James and Georgie? She remembers she has children. 

• Love 3

I never get the purpose behind Esme’s plots. It feels like she schemes just to scheme without any type of goal. She lucked into Trina confessing how she felt because otherwise, nothing would have happened other than Trina getting sick and possibly passing out.

Also, I think Joss is a self involved and doesn’t truly consider Trina’s feelings. I don’t think she’s lashing out at Esme on Trina’s behalf. It’s because she doesn’t want to acknowledge that she’s not the greatest friend and it’s easier to say that Esme manipulated Trina into saying what she did. While I don’t believe that it’s all on Joss, I don’t believe that Joss would have made a different choice knowing how Trina felt and the show also doesn’t want to paint Joss in a bad light so they ignored it and always had Trina bow out to avoid conflict or messiness. 

Idk while I enjoy Trina as a character, I find her place in this teen group to be problematic. She’s been on the show for a few years now and has never had a love interest. There’s been 4 guys her age. Oscar was in an established relationship with Joss, Dev and Cameron both preferred Joss and while Spencer seems to have feelings for her, he has a gf and I don’t think they’re splitting up anytime soon the way they drag things out. Even if they plan to pair Spencer and Trina later on down the line, they could have given her an interim pairing but instead they chose to leave her as the fifth wheel. 

• Love 13
16 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

This is so obviously contrived to make us feel compassion for Nina because look, she tried! So when she and Sonny have their brief and passionless affair we can root for these star-crossed nitwits. To be fair, Carly isn’t helping things by being so relentlessly antagonistic, but how hard is it to say “Your husband is having a manic episode and needs your help!” ? 

Of course, Nina doesn’t actually want Carly to be the one to “save” Sonny, she wants to do it herself, which is the real reason for her hesitation. 

15 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm slightly disappointed that Maxie's evil plan to keep Louise from Peter angered him instead of turned him on. Doesn't he want a partner in crime? He clearly doesn't want to be a good man.

This actually surprised me. As Peter learned how conniving Maxie could be, I was expecting his response to be along the lines of “Whatta woman! My soulmate!” That would have been much more fun than his wounded victim act.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I never get the purpose behind Esme’s plots. It feels like she schemes just to scheme without any type of goal. She lucked into Trina confessing how she felt because otherwise, nothing would have happened other than Trina getting sick and possibly passing out.

Also, I think Joss is a self involved and doesn’t truly consider Trina’s feelings. I don’t think she’s lashing out at Esme on Trina’s behalf. It’s because she doesn’t want to acknowledge that she’s not the greatest friend and it’s easier to say that Esme manipulated Trina into saying what she did. While I don’t believe that it’s all on Joss, I don’t believe that Joss would have made a different choice knowing how Trina felt and the show also doesn’t want to paint Joss in a bad light so they ignored it and always had Trina bow out to avoid conflict or messiness. 

Idk while I enjoy Trina as a character, I find her place in this teen group to be problematic. She’s been on the show for a few years now and has never had a love interest. There’s been 4 guys her age. Oscar was in an established relationship with Joss, Dev and Cameron both preferred Joss and while Spencer seems to have feelings for her, he has a gf and I don’t think they’re splitting up anytime soon the way they drag things out. Even if they plan to pair Spencer and Trina later on down the line, they could have given her an interim pairing but instead they chose to leave her as the fifth wheel. 

I agree.  I am big on Sprina, but unless that happens within weeks, not months, Trina needs a love interest in the meantime.  This is starting to get glaringly bad. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

This actually surprised me. As Peter learned how conniving Maxie could be, I was expecting his response to be along the lines of “Whatta woman! My soulmate!” That would have been much more fun than his wounded victim act.

It didn't surprise me because Peter would be admiring of Maxie and being all proud of her if her conniving and scheming had been directed at someone who wasn't him.

The Peter-type people never like it when they are on the receiving end of the BETRAYAL!

About the cabin of dread. I wish Trina hadn't tagged along. In fact, I wish Trina had another friend to hang out with. Even if they're an off screen friend. The character deserves better than this.

• Love 9

These teens are so vanilla esme hasn't done anything interesting since blowing up Ava car noe there sitting around drinking hot toddy instead of you know something like rum and coke and instead of esme drugging Trina and cam and making it look like they slept together they play this silly game that amounts to really nothing.

Edited by Harmony233
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I’m not really understanding it either unless more is going to happen, like what was the burner phone for??  If she’s trying to alienate Trina from Cam and Joss, won’t that just push her more towards Spencer?  And it didn’t even seem like Trina was upset that Joss and Cam became a couple because she wanted Cam, it’s more that she misses the three of them being friends which is understandable. I think Trina and Cam agreed to stay friends long before he got together with Joss. Also, although I like both Trina and Cam that kiss they shared was so cringey….eeks I feel the second hand embarrassment all over again just thinking about it. 

4 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

To be fair, Carly isn’t helping things by being so relentlessly antagonistic,

Not to mention that this is precisely why Nina kept quiet about Sonny in the first place, the fact that Carly wouldn’t shut her trap for more than two seconds. She will never, ever learn!

4 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I kind of thought he would have that reaction as well. I did enjoy watching Peter’s brain explode over and over again as all the pieces began to fall into place.  It was also enjoyable to see Victor and Valentin putting everything together at virtually the same time. Like father, like son I guess.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I’m not really understanding it either unless more is going to happen, like what was the burner phone for??  If she’s trying to alienate Trina from Cam and Joss, won’t that just push her more towards Spencer?  And it didn’t even seem like Trina was upset that Joss and Cam became a couple because she wanted Cam, it’s more that she misses the three of them being friends which is understandable. I think Trina and Cam agreed to stay friends long before he got together with Joss. Also, although I like both Trina and Cam that kiss they shared was so cringey….eeks I feel the second hand embarrassment all over again just thinking about it.

It really was such an awkward kiss. I like both characters and actors, and maybe it was their age and experience level but it was the opposite of good. 

• Love 2

Today's notes. 

Chase is stripping at the hospital. He hears Brooklyn lol and instead of putting his clothes back on he takes it off and stands akimbo. BLQ has a omg! face. I have a yehhh baby face. Then Chase goes "do you mind?!" lol that was weirdly filmed. anyway. Chase is bonding with cutie patooty. BLQ goes it's too bad you are her father in name only. A girl can get used to having you around. Coy looks are shared.(okay god. just say you like him. speed it up). Chase goes yeah you too. BLQ goes you miss a button, and they give more. "I wanna kiss you" faces. They both go. they wish they can be real parents one day because they have the parenting touch. They then stop eye screwing and decide to leave. 

Joss is still ripping into Esme. Esme goes you are blaming me because Trina can't hold her liqueur. Joss goes, no no we're not blaming booze. Joss snaps, do you see what a cow she is? Esme looks at Spencer. Spencer is like oh geeze. Esme goes Yeah say something. Spencer goes. hows Trina, is okay? Joss goes no of course not she left in tears and won't open the door.. Cam goes the booze hit her hard. Joss goes No it was ESME that hit her hard. Cam points out they've never seen her drink so it could be both, he doesn't know. Then he goes he doesn't know why Cam/Joss dating would bother Trina now. Esme (rightly) brings up that maybe it always bothered Trina but she didn't want to get in the way of them dating, or Trina is a dramaqueen. Spencer goes no, I don't think she's drama. 

Esme is now upset at everyone and goes Trina has you wrapped around her finger. and runs off. Joss goes. you seee how she tried to make this TRINA'S fault? why can't you see Esme for the snake she is? (I don't know, same way that people can't see you for the bitch you are, Joss?)

Spencer reminds Joss that Esme has been #teamspencer for years and he points that they haven't, and they also don't like Esme. Joss. instead of going, you know. I'm sorry we haven't been there for you, or kept in contact and stuff, simply goes. "Esme has a hold on you wake up and see the psycho." Spencer goes what about you Cam? Cam goes. i'm #teamtrina, did YOU see how Esme treated Trina. 

Esme walks into a room, smiles and goes perfect and looks psycho. 

Esme storms back out and goes I'm not spending another minute with small minded people who don't like me.. Joss goes oh I KNOW who you are and that's why I don't like you.  Esme goes are you coming or not, Spence?" Spencer goes we all drank, we shouldn't drive. Esme goes I ordered a car are you coming?  Spencer goes I'm going to check on Trina and then yah I'll come with you. Esme bites out that Trina is sleeping and she'll wait outside. Spencer follows her with a  Sorry guys. and they leave.

Cam is like I can't believe all of this happened. Joss goes HAHHAHA yay i don't have to pretend to like her anymore, I can just hate her YAY! And then. Joss is like. meh. trina is drunk, let her sleep it off, let's have sexy times!! Cam has a smile. (so. let's recap. Trina admits that them being together bothers her. Joss goes off on Esme for bringing it up. Joss goes of on Spencer when Spencer brings up that Joss has been kinda crappy friend to him. Trina might be sleeping but she's still hurting, and ALL joss cares about now is getting laid. Ladies and Gentlemen  Carly Jr!)

But the sexy times are interrupted because Joss can't let Esme go, and then goes. I hope that Spencer dumps Esme because Esme hurt his friends. (right because you've been a friend to Spencer, Joss? shut up).  anyway Cam wants sexytimes now. Joss agrees. (note. they don't go check on Trina). 

Curtis catches up with Auntie Stella. Stella gets infodumped and Curtis goes, "Hatman told me everything." Stella goes. "he did what?!" Stella wants some info. Curtis infodumps. Stella is relieved because the entire truth wasn't told. Curtis goes. "I think he was in Witness Protection?" Stella goes "and you believe that?" and Curtis goes. "wait what? I shouldn't?" and Stella has a oh crap face. Anyway Curtis wants to know you quote bible truth. where is it written that Hatman gets off? Stella goes , Child I wasn't even there. Anyway your mama is dead, and i think you should listen to Hatman and leave things alone. 

New Hatman! (temporarily). He gives Piph a plant. He wants another date. they talk how Piph shouldn't have questioned the Doctor. zz.zz.

Col Tad and Laura are at the coffee bar. Laura is not happy that he's aiding Peter. Why people are giving Col Tad crap about you know, making money? geeze. Hate him and everything, he does have the right to legal council.  Laura goes but why do you have to do it?  Peter sucks? (I don't know why are you friends with Sonny, Laura he sucks too). 

Peter is flashing back to maxie's betrayal. Dante shows up. He's being moved tomorrow. Peter is convinced he will be released and he can find Lou. Dante goes why would you find her, when no one else could. they banter crappily. 

Val and Mistah Sheffield are talking about BLQ. Val goes if i tell you something can I trust you? Mistah Sheffield waxes about how they are bonded and they are close and stuff. So come on, tell me what's up? they both really dance around the topic. the Nurse goes. was there anything in particular you wanna know about your child? . Val wants the sonogram. It's not in the file. Val goes. Bailey's blood type is Oneg? Nurse goes, nope. OPos. Val looks off with a look. 

Everyone runs into each other at the Elevator of Destiny. Peter gives Lou a 'i know you are my baby" look. BLQ looks like she pooped her pants. Peter goes. "What a beautiful baby." BLQ is like yah we think so. Peter goes. "I never saw the resemblence but she looks just like her mother.." Peter goes into the elevator with a HERE'S JOHNNY grin. 

BLQ is freaking out. Chase is trying to calm her down and goes. Peter can't possibly know. Laura goes. "Can't possibly know what?" They dance around the topic. Laura goes. we have to have faith that we have a world that doesn't have Peter August. CLQ goes yah. anything to protect bailey. 

Peter is back in his bed. Col Tad shows up. Col Tad tells Peter he can't be his lawyer. Peter is like okay cool. go with God. Col. Tad goes. what's the catch, dude?.  Peter goes no catch. He wants his retainer. Col tad goes yah. (he doesn't even deduct for time spent on his case). 

Esme is crying and Spencer wants to know if Joss is right.

Cam and Joss are starting sexytimes. I'm not recapping this because Joss sucks

Esme goes you aren't going to believe me so why say anything. Spencer goes that's not an answer. I need to know the truth.Flashback. Esme takes the phone and puts it behind the pot. (sex video? lol okay).  Esme looks smug. flashbackover. Esme goes. all i wanted was to get to know your friends, and give you happy memories. I can't believe you could think i was diabolical. It makes me sadz. 

Cam/Joss afterglow. even in afterglow. Joss wants to talk about Esme.. The camera is still filiming.

Hatman shows up with Curtis and Stella. 

Col Tad is chatting with Lucy on the phone. He wants to take her to Mardi Gras. 

Laura is with Peter. Laura is like why did you let Col Tad off so easily. Peter has poop eating grin and flashes back to seeing Louise. Peter goes I have faith in the system. It's going to work out for the best. 

Val calls Anna and says he has a lead. Someone cloroforms him. Mistah Sheffield is like Please be careful with him. he's my son. Please cancel my dinner reservation.  hahah savage. Val is shoved into a trunk

Show ends.

• Love 10