Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER

OnceSane

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Recommended Posts


1 minute ago, YaddaYadda said:

Lucas had to work

I wish they'd just write off the character. Have Lucas volunteer for Doctors Without Borders or something and send him into the wild. Then at least there wouldn't be idiotic excuses for why Lucas isn't participating in something he really should be participating in when he lives in Port Charles. Supposedly.

Luke dying in a cable car crash isn't quite as lame as Helena sighing her way to death in her own bed, but both of them definitely deserved much more dramatic ends. This show can't do anything right.

16 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I really wish they would have shown the geriatric brawl on screen

I KNOW. It was so hilariously stupid. Three blowhards in a slap fight. And it was very funny (probably unintentionally) when Phyllis demanded who was going to pay for the damages and Sonny said, "Uh, I own the bar. I'll cover them." 

5 minutes ago, Desperado said:
  • Constance Towers explaining how Luke was a “parvenu” - hilarious! 🤣
  •  

I loved that. Helena has been played out, but man, do I miss Constance Towers.

Fifty-five dollars for a bottle of top-shelf Napoleon brandy? No wonder Phyllis runs every bar she manages into the ground.

LOL at Alexis offering to drive Tracy home. I like they both laughed.

Frank promised us "special guests," but a dead Helena and a not-Sally-Struthers Jennifer Smith doesn't quite live up to that, IMO.

Spencer is going to get the Ice Princess somehow and I hope it curses him forever. He's still such a turd these days. Get over yourself and grow the fuck up. Ugh. And Nik's smugness that he thinks he's actually trying is a joke.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

I'm a sucker for episodes like this when a lot of the cast comes together.

Minus the lame excuses for missing characters.

 

One of the best episodes for me in a long time.

the bar is low, though.

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

For me, the Sonny/Scotty/Victor/Robert/Phyllis scenes were the highlight of the episode!! I laughed numerous times. All of that was hilarious! Dante should see something is up w/his dad. 

Instead of talking to everyone but her husband, why won't Carly sit down w/her husband and say some of this stuff to him?! And if the show wants me to think Nina is an issue in the CarSon marriage, they need to actually make her an issue. As far as I can see, she isn't an issue. Sonny doesn't want her. Sonny not wanting her dead or imprisoned s not an "issue" either in my book. Carly may have to accept that Sonny is not going to murder Nina, but that doesn't mean her marriage is over. She is soooo annoying and selfish, IMO. She doesn't want her marriage and she just needs to say that already! 

Okay . . . . Lucas is a doctor. There is no way he "has" to work and cannot attend a funeral/memorial service for a family member. That's lame. Why don't they just say Lucas left town? It hurt too much to see Wiley so he split! And Lucky and Ethan being unavailable  . . . . whatever! 

I did enjoy Laura pulling the plug (though they might have missed some vital info) on the tv. I was thinking, "Why are they just standing around listening to Helena?" 

I also enjoyed Ava's speech to Spencer! 

Oh, and Jane Elliot's skin is amazing!! She's 75 and looks great! 

Edited by lala2
  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

wondering if Sonny's supersperm will be able to impregnate a menopausal Nina.....  Carly's head will explode.

  • Laugh 10
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Desperado said:

Ava’s “Luke Spencer came from nothing...” speech to Spencer - very appropriate. I didn’t remember her knowing him, but MW made it glorious.

Luke was actually the first scene partner for Ava when MW joined the show. Luke went to New York and convinced her to come to Port Charles. I forget the motive, but I think it was something to do with dealing with Franco's return in Port Charles. 

 

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Like 1
  • Useful 6

Share this post


Link to post

I feel like that Ava’s “smack down” on Spencer was supposed to hit differently than I saw it. Luke was a con artist and a grifter. He wasn’t an all around great person. I find Spencer to be an entitled brat but he’s 18 so it’s a little early to say he hasn’t done anything with his life and Ava is a little quick to judge considering who she’s married to. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Luke was a con artist and a grifter.

Not always. He helped save the world from freezing; and was Mayor of Port Charles for a bit.

  • Like 9
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

He was only mayor for about a month, when he realized he hated doing it and quit.  Also, he initially ran for mayor so he could fire Robert as police commissioner (he was angry with Robert for an extremely stupid reason at the time).   Which is kind of hilarious.  

(He did legitimately help Robert save the world, though .... as did Laura, not that she ever got enough credit for that!)

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, SlovakPrincess said:

He was only mayor for about a month, when he realized he hated doing it and quit.  Also, he initially ran for mayor so he could fire Robert as police commissioner (he was angry with Robert for an extremely stupid reason at the time).   Which is kind of hilarious.  

All I know is that Laura showed up after he became Mayor, and after they defeated ("killed" Stavros), they both left Port Charles.

The conman/grifter change was after he and Geary decided that Luke was "trapped" and hated his life with Laura.

  • Like 3
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

All I know is that Laura showed up after he became Mayor, and after they defeated ("killed" Stavros), they both left Port Charles.

The conman/grifter change was after he and Geary decided that Luke was "trapped" and hated his life with Laura.

Hey, no shame in changing your plans if your wife turns up alive! -- it was just funny how it played out because Luke and Laura tried to make a go of it as mayor and first lady of Port Charles for a few weeks and then were like "yeah, no this sucks and we're bored!"  

Darth Luke of Cynicism and Despair started in the late 90s / early 2000s, if I recall correctly. 

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I loved Scotty's references to "catching the bouquet"! 

That was one of the best shocks at Luke and Laura's wedding. Good to know that it hasn't been forgotten after all these years.

  • Like 15
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Lucky couldn't come because there's cholera where he is so he'd have to quarantine for 2 weeks? My understanding of cholera is that it comes from the water, it isn't contagious, so quarantining isn't an issue.

How pathetic that Luke had three kids and several grandkids and none of them were at the memorial. But Spencer was.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
55 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

All I know is that Laura showed up after he became Mayo

I mean, literally on the day of his swearing in.

Well, technically she was in town before that--he saw her on his inauguration day.

I laughed at Alexis's reaction to Helena and her comment to Tracy about being her designated driver.

Leave it to Sonny and Carly to make every occasion, happy or sad, about them. 

 

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I feel like that Ava’s “smack down” on Spencer was supposed to hit differently than I saw it. Luke was a con artist and a grifter. He wasn’t an all around great person. I find Spencer to be an entitled brat but he’s 18 so it’s a little early to say he hasn’t done anything with his life and Ava is a little quick to judge considering who she’s married to. 

I thought it worked very well - not that Spencer will listen. Luke had a lot of flaws, but she was mostly right. He came from nothing and he lived independently and he did run a successful business in PC. Spencer is young and it's not too late - and I think she knows that. But, it doesn't change the fact that he is spoiled and entitled. And, given Spencer's stalking of her - and the fact he still hasn't sincerely apologized - I think she is in a position to judge him no matter who she's married to. And it's not like Nik was the one who picked the fight today or insulted Luke. That was Spencer.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

So was there a reason why Liz wasnt at the Luke Memorial? Was it because that would take focus off Snarly time and her needs?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Also, Spencer has no ambition. He doesn't have to have the rest of his life planned out, but what about going to college? Going to work at Cassadine Industries? Auditing classes is a start, but that's not going to get him a degree, and there's no accountability; he doesn't have to do the coursework. Since the SORAS he's done nothing but be an unrepentant little turd. His refusal to accept responsibility for his actions certainly marks him as Sonny's nephew, that's for sure.

  • Like 10
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

Spencer is 18. Yes he’s an entitled brat a lot of the time, but I think he can be forgiven for not having to resort to pimping out a younger relative or any of the other dodgy ways Luke made money. 

I loved Scotty remembering Luke as a trashy failure he outlived. But Luke also was fun and charming and all the other things people said about him.  Still don’t understand why they killed him off now. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Honestly. these people need to speed this up w/regards to Spencer. because every three minutes it's the same thing. Ava (or Laura, or Trina gets through to him - like you can see it (credit to NC) then, to quote Mistah Sheffield, he reverts right back to being 11 years old and a petulant baby.

Like when he first came on i understood because they had to address it but then the half pregnant thing. "Oh i understood." "Oh i took it too far." next seen. "WELL YOU HURT ME, SO...." Channel your inner Elsa, and let it damned go already. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Pingaponga said:

How pathetic that Luke had three kids and several grandkids and none of them were at the memorial. But Spencer was.

I think more Cassadines showed up to Luke’s funeral than family. And some of them were actually there to pay their respects rather than dance on his grave!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, lala2 said:

For me, the Sonny/Scotty/Victor/Robert/Phyllis scenes were the highlight of the episode!! I l

Anyone else notice, when Robert and Scotty walked in, DZ and MB were in the foreground chatting since the camera/scene was on TR and KS.  then the camera turns back to DZ/MB and Mo's laughing at something Dom said and they both have to get back into character, just before Sonny challenges Scotty.  

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Where was Lucy, Michael, Liz, Aiden, Cameron, Joss? Spencer attended but not them? 

Eye rolling Carly's "uncle Luke." She never called him that. 

At least they mentioned Ethan and Lucky. What about Sly? Did they forget he has other relatives? 

Avery is going to Bobbies for the night? What about going to Ava's. Ava needs to get her child. 

Spencer acted like the Ice Diamond was the One Ring of Lord of the Rings and he was Gollum. "I just want to touch it once."

I guess they paid TG for having his photo in the episode, but no flashbacks. He's not dead. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Cheyenne11 quoting GHScorpiosRule

4 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

All I know is that Laura showed up after he became Mayo

This is much funnier with one letter cut off.  Hope the original posters aren't offended.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, Artsda said:

 

Eye rolling Carly's "uncle Luke." She never called him that. 

 

Did Luke even like Carly? I think he respected her hustle but I don't think he ever really forgave her for coming into town and fucking up Bobbie's life.

Also, eyerolling at Carly acting like she ever gave a damn about Lucas. Does she even have his phone number? 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

Luke enjoyed smacking "Caroline" down into her place. I  never liked him more.

Has Lucas been avoiding his entire family other than Bobbie because of Wylie? Do they have no regrets?

8 hours ago, Daisy said:

OMG HELENA!! She's looking good. Just bad mouthing luke on video. hahaa. but Laura unplugged it boo.

They cut from Helena to Carly and Sonny. I know that Helena is the evilest evil to ever evil but she has more class in her little finger than Carly can dream of. Constance Towers looked wonderful.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I wish they'd just write off the character. Have Lucas volunteer for Doctors Without Borders or something and send him into the wild. Then at least there wouldn't be idiotic excuses for why Lucas isn't participating in something he really should be participating in when he lives in Port Charles. Supposedly.

It really smacks of what happened on OLTL when they wrote out Kyle and Fish.  "Sure they're still in town, they're juuuuuuuust over there off-screen."  And they weren't legacy characters like Lucas.

And yeah, if they don't want to show him, if they're not going to let him on-screen even for this, just write him out of town.  Say the memories of Wylie were too much in Port Charles, say he decided to go help Aunt Tiffany while she's grieving Sean, say his doctor friend in Pennsylvania recommended him for a job, say anything but he can't get a day off for a family death.

ETA...you also had to love (and by love, I mean hate) Bobbie saying that the Wylie situation makes it tough on Lucas to be around the family and Carly immediately making it abut her ("but WE need him!").  Ugh.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, SlovakPrincess said:

Hey, no shame in changing your plans if your wife turns up alive! -- it was just funny how it played out because Luke and Laura tried to make a go of it as mayor and first lady of Port Charles for a few weeks and then were like "yeah, no this sucks and we're bored!"  

Remember those times like it were yesterday. Luke earnestly wanted to help the residents of Port Chuckles, did to a degree, but was stymied by bureaucratic red red tape. Then came the scene with Laura on the lawn of the Mayor's mansion and them running towards each other. Damn, GH was SO good back then!

2 hours ago, Artsda said:

Eye rolling Carly's "uncle Luke." She never called him that. 

Sarah Brown's Carly did. And she actually wanted Luke to love her, but that never happened. Think he saw too much of himself in his niece.

5 hours ago, racked said:

I loved Scotty remembering Luke as a trashy failure he outlived. But Luke also was fun and charming and all the other things people said about him.  Still don’t understand why they killed him off now. 

Interesting bit of trivia - back when Scotty crashed L&L's first wedding, for some reason Kin Shriner and Tony Geary decided they should get into a real fistfight. IIRC correctly, I believe one of them actually lost a tooth in that brawl (Shriner, I think).

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Interesting bit of trivia - back when Scotty crashed L&L's first wedding, for some reason Kin Shriner and Tony Geary decided they should get into a real fistfight. IIRC correctly, I believe one of them actually lost a tooth in that brawl (Shriner, I think).

And the show let them?  The entire HR department must have been on vacation that day.

I'm putting the clip of the Luke / Scotty wedding fight in the Ghosts of GH Past Viewing Party  thread  ... so we can all enjoy and take bets on who lost a tooth that day ... 

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

you also had to love (and by love, I mean hate) Bobbie saying that the Wylie situation makes it tough on Lucas to be around the family and Carly immediately making it abut her ("but WE need him!").  Ugh.

When is it not about Carly?  She's so insufferable.

  • Like 9
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

17 minutes ago, SlovakPrincess said:
7 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Interesting bit of trivia - back when Scotty crashed L&L's first wedding, for some reason Kin Shriner and Tony Geary decided they should get into a real fistfight. IIRC correctly, I believe one of them actually lost a tooth in that brawl (Shriner, I think).

And the show let them?  The entire HR department must have been on vacation that day.

I'm putting the clip of the Luke / Scotty wedding fight in the Ghosts of GH Past Viewing Party  thread  ... so we can all enjoy and take bets on who lost a tooth that day ... 

The 70s and 80s were a much different time, LOL.  My guess is that neither one of them told the Director about their plan, otherwise it would have been nixed. Plus they did a respectable amount of ad-libbing back then.

I'm trying to find the interview where either Geary or Shriner talks about that scene. It was from a long, long time ago.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Carly's so supportive of her mom in her time of need that she's making Bobbie host Avery and Donna for a sleepover after her brother's memorial service?

Gawd she sucks.

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Also, Spencer has no ambition. He doesn't have to have the rest of his life planned out, but what about going to college? Going to work at Cassadine Industries? Auditing classes is a start, but that's not going to get him a degree, and there's no accountability; he doesn't have to do the coursework. Since the SORAS he's done nothing but be an unrepentant little turd. His refusal to accept responsibility for his actions certainly marks him as Sonny's nephew, that's for sure.

Ava is a hypocrite she's never paid for any of her crimes and she's done way worse shit than Spencer and never been held accountable.No I don't count her setting herself on fire paying because they found out about her role in switching Morgan's meds and she didnt want deal with the consquences Don't get me started on the way she was a shitty mom.Pretending to be dead and be Ave twin and then having an affair with Morgan who was Kiki boyfriend at the time then we where supposed to feel badly for her when Kiki did the same thing to her.

 

Glad to see Scotty is still allowed to hate Luke the fact were supposed to greive for a rapist is disgusting.I don't care how popular Luke is.

 

 

Edited by Harmony233 · Reason: Need to add something
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Carly's so supportive of her mom in her time of need that she's making Bobbie host Avery and Donna for a sleepover after her brother's memorial service?

Gawd she sucks.

That's not the worst thing in the world having Bobbie take care of two little girls. It might actually help with her grief a little.

The stupidest thing was Carly telling Bobbie to call her whenever she needs her. That made me laugh. Carly ignored all of her mother's calls when she was trying to reach her about Luke. She never returned her calls even when Olivia hinted that something had happened and that Bobbie should be the one to tell her.

Nobody rates next to Carly and her problems, not even her mother.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

A character whose behaviors and traits I've been noticing lately that I find extremely annoying (Note: I wrote this post a few months ago on another board but it still holds true for me today). 

Spencer. This boy just seems to want to have his cake and eat it too. I'm in agreement that his pairing with Trina would be a good story but that tends to blind people on how wishy washy he can be. Yes, I see that he has been making progress and taking steps towards growing up, but I still see him as this pretentious immature kid who has no idea who he is. Every decision and action he takes, is just a reflection of what other characters (Sonny, Alexis, Trina, Victor) advised him to do. The Spencer with Esme is a different Spencer that is with Trina, which is a different Spencer that is with the Cassadines and so on. So even though I think he has some great stories going on right now, I'm just finding him a bit shallow. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, KimChi Rogue said:

A character whose behaviors and traits I've been noticing lately that I find extremely annoying (Note: I wrote this post a few months ago on another board but it still holds true for me today). 

Spencer. This boy just seems to want to have his cake and eat it too. I'm in agreement that his pairing with Trina would be a good story but that tends to blind people on how wishy washy he can be. Yes, I see that he has been making progress and taking steps towards growing up, but I still see him as this pretentious immature kid who has no idea who he is. Every decision and action he takes, is just a reflection of what other characters (Sonny, Alexis, Trina, Victor) advised him to do. The Spencer with Esme is a different Spencer that is with Trina, which is a different Spencer that is with the Cassadines and so on. So even though I think he has some great stories going on right now, I'm just finding him a bit shallow. 

Spencer is 18 of course he's immature.If anything the other teens act like there 80 years old lol.They have no clue how to write teens.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

14 hours ago, Artsda said:

Spencer acted like the Ice Diamond was the One Ring of Lord of the Rings and he was Gollum. "I just want to touch it once."

Funny! But apt. Is this going to become a new plot? If not, why bother bringing it up? It seems a little obvious that Spencer might think this is the answer to his money problems, but really, would he be able to sell it to anyone but Victor? I doubt he has the ready-made list of contacts that he could sell to without having any legal papers showing him to be the owner.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Harmony233 said:

Spencer is 18 of course he's immature.If anything the other teens act like there 80 years old lol.They have no clue how to write teens.

Sure they do. Look at Curtis and Portia, and Finn and Liz. Endlessly discussing their feelings and a kiss or an almost date with any who will listen. Perfect teenage behaviour .

  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post

the thing is

just because you are 18 doesn't automatically mean you are immature. you can have immature moments. but you can be mature for your age. (and vice versa). I do honestly think it depends how you grew up. for me I very rarely had friends my own age. I spent a lot of time with my mom/her friends so while i had a few moments, some people called me gramma because i was so... "adult" in some of my world views/thinkings etc. and i think that's fine to have a blend

but i don't think you should be 18... and continue to act like a child either. 

though to be fair. I don't really seee talking about how you are feeling about someone you are crushing on with your friends as teenage either like people keep saying about Portia/Curtis, Liz/Finn, etc. but then since now i am basically a hermit lol what do i know. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, KittyQ said:
16 hours ago, Artsda said:

Spencer acted like the Ice Diamond was the One Ring of Lord of the Rings and he was Gollum. "I just want to touch it once."

Funny! But apt. Is this going to become a new plot? If not, why bother bringing it up? It seems a little obvious that Spencer might think this is the answer to his money problems, but really, would he be able to sell it to anyone but Victor? I doubt he has the ready-made list of contacts that he could sell to without having any legal papers showing him to be the owner.

 

OOh wait until Esme hears about it, she will have a plan in no time.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post

I like Spencer but I have to agree with people's assessment of him. I like his relationship with Laura the best of anyone. 

I do like Spencer/Trina but she is way too good for him. I wish they gave Trina a legit option in the love interest department I don't want her having to pine for Spencer while he's with Esme. Let her have someone that wants her back and is willing to be with her.

I think it would be a great use of history if Bryan/Claudia had a grandson that came into town and took an interest in Trina. Someone to light a fire under Spencer.

  • Like 5
  • Useful 3
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I like Spencer but I have to agree with people's assessment of him. I like his relationship with Laura the best of anyone. 

I do like Spencer/Trina but she is way too good for him. I wish they gave Trina a legit option in the love interest department I don't want her having to pine for Spencer while he's with Esme. Let her have someone that wants her back and is willing to be with her.

I think it would be a great use of history if Bryan/Claudia had a grandson that came into town and took an interest in Trina. Someone to light a fire under Spencer.

I don’t know if it’s because SM is too busy with school or what but I’ve been hoping they would go that direction for a while now. If they are going to have Spencer and Trina at some point in the future they need to add something to this storyline, otherwise it’s Trina just waiting on the sidelines for Spencer, patiently. Boring and a waste. 

I hope Scotty comes back soon. KS made it sound like he’d be off canvas for a while and he and Victor are the most fun parts of the show right now. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

Spencer was seriously channeling his inner Golum with that ‘I would have liked to hold it just once’ about the ice princess. Maybe he’ll get his hands on it and suffer the same fate lol!

17 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

the scene with Laura on the lawn of the Mayor's mansion and them running towards each other. Damn, GH was SO good back then!

I LOVED that scene! And I seriously coveted Laura’s cobalt blue coat.  😀

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, racked said:

If they are going to have Spencer and Trina at some point in the future they need to add something to this storyline, otherwise it’s Trina just waiting on the sidelines for Spencer, patiently. Boring and a waste. 

And not in character, because Trina hasn't been shown as someone who's going to wait around for someone to realize what a catch she is. She might pine a little bit, but she's not going to let the guy know that's what she's doing.

If/when Spencer and Trina get together, I would also like it if Esmé didn't go boiled-bunny on her. Because it's always the woman who gets the blame, and that's gross. Esmé can make Spencer's life a little miserable, though. Heh.

  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/20/2022 at 2:41 PM, sacrebleu said:

Man, Colonel Tad Sanders FTW today! Him laying some hard truth on Peter was so great. As was Finn not caving to Peter's blackmail. 

 

I enjoyed that too.  As if it would in any way be a good idea to accuse someone of trying to kill him by explaining  what he did to make it happen.  How could someone who plans shit like Peter does be that obtuse?  
 

it’s was threatening every random person he talked to 8n to finding his mommy.also gotten tedious as to how Peter automatically tries to leverage anyone he talks to. It’s almost as bad as how Cyrus would threaten everyone he talked to into finding his mommy for him.

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/21/2022 at 12:07 PM, YaddaYadda said:

I am shocked and tell you, SHOCKED that I actually enjoyed the hell out of this episode, but I really wish they would have shown the geriatric brawl on screen, although I think that Victor's henchman did all the brawling for him. And he couldn't even be bothered to serve him some bourbon. For shame, Victor. All of his scenes are just completely and absolutely delightful. What a great addition to the show, what a great casting. I can sit and watch him do his thing for the whole show.

I could really have done without Carly's woe is me routine, though. And Sonny vowing and re-vowing that he and Carly will be together. Hey, dummies! Nobody gives a shit about your current marital woes. We know you'll split up. Sonny will pass his peen to Nina, Carly will have a thing for some guy, then a family crisis will bring them back together. Barring that, Sonny will bat his eyes and flash his dimples and Carly will move back home. We-do-not-care!

Constance Towers looks fantastic and she has not changed. Not even a little bit. Delightful as always to see her on screen and it's been too long and I wish they hadn't killed off the character. 

Luke's ashes flying into Scott's face seemed rather fitting. 

Lucas had to work. Why did they even bother recasting the role? At least we know self-sacrificing Lucas is having a hard time without Wylie. 

There's an outbreak of Malaria where Lucky is and something something with Ethan. But they will both be in Amsterdam with Tracey. So yeah . . .

It was a fun episode, overall. 

It probably went something like this…….

 

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/21/2022 at 9:18 PM, TeeVee329 said:

It really smacks of what happened on OLTL when they wrote out Kyle and Fish.  "Sure they're still in town, they're juuuuuuuust over there off-screen."  And they weren't legacy characters like Lucas.

And yeah, if they don't want to show him, if they're not going to let him on-screen even for this, just write him out of town.  Say the memories of Wylie were too much in Port Charles, say he decided to go help Aunt Tiffany while she's grieving Sean, say his doctor friend in Pennsylvania recommended him for a job, say anything but he can't get a day off for a family death.

ETA...you also had to love (and by love, I mean hate) Bobbie saying that the Wylie situation makes it tough on Lucas to be around the family and Carly immediately making it abut her ("but WE need him!").  Ugh.

And what about Valerie?  To my recollection she hasn’t left town, and Luke is her uncle.

Edited by Suicidy
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Suicidy said:

And want about Valerie?  To my recollection she hasn’t left town, and Luke is her a uncle.

Honestly, I had forgotten all about Valerie. Bet TIIC have, too.

  • Useful 3
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

I can't believe they wouldn't shell out $ for a single clip. Not L&L, not Luke and Tracy, not even Luke and Sonny!

And I had to roll my eyes at Carly claiming Luke always called her Caroline so she wouldn't forget where she came from. 

No, he called you Caroline to remind you that you lied about who you were when you came to town so you could wreck your mother's marriage.

Edited by sacrebleu
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

No, he called you Caroline to remind you that you lied about who you were when you came to town so you could wreck your mother's marriage.

Didn't Luke tell Carly that he could kill her for what she did to Bobbie? I have this half-formed memory of a scene where he tells Original Recipe Carly that he would have ended her over what happened with Tony.

Found it!
 

I think Luke understood Carly, probably on a level where she wished he didn't. That if she hadn't known that Bobbie was her mother all along, involved Tony in her payback scheme, he would have come to love her the way he loved his sister, but he never really liked her after that. So it's just more re-writing long after the fact that they were close, because I don't think he ever forgave what took place.

  • Like 9
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size