Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Because it's always appropriate, shut up, Michael. Someone needs to tell him that the better revenge against Nina is to cut her dead every time he sees her. Put the energy he's using now to mope about her getting off into something else, like maybe his day job?

• Love 5

How old is Pilar, to be looking after 2 little girls? Wasn't she Michael's nanny when he was a baby 30 years ago? I guess the Corinthos mob doesn't have a retirement plan.

Michael is still whining about Nina not going to jail. He really is the biggest baby. And that outfit of shorts and sleeves sweats top does nothing for his pasty pink body.

Carly is just loving having the upper hand and Sonny begging her to come back and being able to hold his sins over him.

AVERY IS NOT YOURS CARLY! She will be just fine with Ava and Nik.

I thought that there was nothing that I could care about less than Millowtonin, Curtis and Portia's teenage romance, and Sonny and Carly but Hatman and Epiphany have proved me wrong.

Grey's Anatomy was published in 1858. There were much better, more accurate anatomy books to pour over in the 1970s.

A Zzzzzzzz episode .

• Love 6

Hat Man can't do anything on the up and up, can he? Faking an injury so he can talk to Pip? Ugh. He's definitely not as charming as he thinks he is.

11 minutes ago, Daisy said:

it's this big guffaw that Cyrus could find religion and try to change

Considering it's Cyrus, I don't think skepticism is out of line here. 

• Love 4

I just realized that no one is talking about giving Jason a memorial service but Luke who supposedly died after Jason is getting one. No closure for Jason's sons? His mother? The shrieking banshee?

Michael still throwing a temper tantrum. Bitch, they're adults. Let them fix their mess on their own.

Carly and Sonny are still annoying. I don't even mind that Carly loves Avery like she's her own. There are plenty step-parents who hate their step-children and make their lives miserable. I've seen a few cases like that. But I can't forget that Carly is a baby hoarder and that Avery lives under Sonny's roof in part as punishment to Ava.

Donna is such a cutie. While I'm not into talkative children who stick their noses in adult business like Violet does, Maybe Donna can say a word or two?

Avery picking up Sonny's phone. Someone should explain to her not to do that. And how did Britt get it from that conversation that Carly moved out? I know I don't really pay attention, but still . . .

People should encourage Nina to move on with her life. Stop telling her to go after Sonny!

I did not care for Britt's leather pants. That cut was ugly and they were kind of a mess.

Still don't care about Douchehat or him romancing Epiphany. Epiphany, girl, run the other direction. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Still don't care about Douchehat or him romancing Epiphany. Epiphany, girl, run the other direction. 

not even lying. When Piph started on him i was like Hatman you run in the other direction. both suck.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

How old is Pilar, to be looking after 2 little girls? Wasn't she Michael's nanny when he was a baby 30 years ago? I guess the Corinthos mob doesn't have a retirement plan.

Leticia was originally the nanny (cousin to Sonny's housekeeper Graciela) that Jason hired for baby Michael and she was the nanny for Michael and Morgan until she was murdered by Diego Alcazar. 

Her cousin Mercedes was then employed as the nanny for the boys. Once they were sorased, I am not sure if/who was the nanny for Joss.

Pilar (probably another cousin for all we know) was hired when Avery was born.

• Useful 3

"It wasn't the medication, it was the memories that brought me back to you." What does this even mean? Sonny didn't get amnesia because he's bipolar.

LOL that Brick just strolls into Casa Corinthos. He didn't even knock on the front door.

14 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

He's so condescending toward her. She doesn't need your approval, you jerk.

43 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

And how did Britt get it from that conversation that Carly moved out?

She wanted to believe it. That's the only way it makes sense. Being out during the day is hardly some major indicator of marital problems.

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Honestly, the shadier he acts, the more attracted she'll be.  Hell, if he ended up working for Sonny she's probably marry him. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Honestly, the shadier he acts, the more attracted she'll be.  Hell, if he ended up working for Sonny she's probably marry him. 

It's not like she doesn't have experience with men who work for Sonny. Stan was killed working for him, but bygones. And she dated Milo for I don't know how long.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

It's not like she doesn't have experience with men who work for Sonny. Stan was killed working for him, but bygones. And she dated Milo for I don't know how long.

Stan was working for Jerry when he got killed. He left working for Sonny and Jason months before he died.

• Useful 2
14 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Yeah, that was my point.  Hatman being a mobster would only make him more attractive to her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I did not care for Britt's leather pants. That cut was ugly and they were kind of a mess.

Those weren't leather were they? They look like a lighter fabric that is why I thought they were kind of cool. Generally  don't like leather pants because they are so stiff, they need to be skin tight or look bad.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Stan was working for Jerry when he got killed. He left working for Sonny and Jason months before he died.

Was he? I thought Jerry killed him because Franco told him to because of his ties to Sonny and Jason. Admittedly, my memory is total shit when it comes to GH, so I'll take your word for it.

• Useful 1

While I was glad to see Britt talking with Nina, it seemed very odd of her to ask Nina to ask Sonny to ask Ms. Woo to lighten up on Brad. Ask Sonny yourself, Britt, or figure something else out. And how does a kid telling you that Carly isn't there at the moment indicate that Carly's moved out? That seems like a huge leap! 

P.S. I didn't care for Britt's leather (?) pants, but I did like her sweater.

Edited by KittyQ
Added a comment
  • Love 4
35 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

While I was glad to see Britt talking with Nina, it seemed very odd of her to ask Nina to ask Sonny to ask Ms. Woo to lighten up on Brad. Ask Sonny yourself, Britt, or figure something else out. And how does a kid telling you that Carly isn't there at the moment indicate that Carly's moved out? That seems like a huge leap! 

It would have made more sense for Britt to notice that Carly stayed overnight at the MC Hotel since she also lived there.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

While I was glad to see Britt talking with Nina, it seemed very odd of her to ask Nina to ask Sonny to ask Ms. Woo to lighten up on Brad. Ask Sonny yourself, Britt, or figure something else out.

Britt is delusional if she thinks Sonny would do Nina this favor, let alone her. If Brad had successfully poisoned Peter, she might have a bit of leverage, but not as things stand now.

• Love 3

Carly, Sonny, Brick, and Britt all dressed in light grey and black.  It actually made Diane’s New Mexico blanket-colored blouse a welcome change. 

Ugh, go away, Brick, with your ugly jacket and cliched sayings.  

Is there going to be a plot of Epiphany going to med school?  Because the only thing more obnoxious than Nurse Johnson would be Dr. Johnson. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 3

Britt probably has more leverage than Nina at the moment because of Jason's feelings for her.

Shut up Ava, Britt and Phyllis. I know that you hate Carly but let Nina get over Sonny for her sake.

What was the point of the Brick scene other  than to give Sonny someone to whine to? Brick  literally went to tell Sonny that he didn't know who was taking over the west coast route and Sonny doesn't care.

3 hours ago, Blackie said:

Avery needs to learn the phone answering rules

other then that it seemed every conversation was more of the same, am I wrong? I am kind of out of it after shoveling about a ton of snow lol!

Maybe those are the rules in the Corinthos household. Carly, Joss and Michael certainly specialize in getting up into other people's business.

Today's show was so many prevously said conversations that it was most useful to give me an excuse to get inside and into dry clothes before going out shovelling again.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 5

At this point, I’m convinced that they are having actors draw straws to see which random character gets tasked to listen to Sonny or Carly whine about their marriage problems that day. I swear it’s the same conversation every single day with those two coupled with them having the same argument over and over again. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7

OMG, half the show was Hatman and/or people talking about Hatman!  I hate this fooking guy and he's taking over the show! And now we have to suffer through some feckless romance between Hatman and Piph! ..Barf!!! 

No way would Britt get all up in Nina's love life and try to use her to manipulate Sonny for Brad. I just call bullshit on that whole conversation. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, threebluestars said:

Michael's haircut is the only good thing about him lol.

Today's episode was insanely boring. I am so glad I record it and can fast forward.

I believe I actually feel asleep WHILE fast forwarding.  Didn't see the end.   Don't really care.

• LOL 7
On 1/14/2022 at 2:23 PM, dubbel zout said:

That dress wasn't appropriate for winter in upstate New York, but that's soap wardrobing for you. She was wearing her sneakers! I wonder if she has foot problems or just wants to be comfortable. Not everyone can be Kelly Monaco and run around all day in six-inch stiletto peep-toe boots.

I finally did some searching on the sneaker subject.  Apparently sneakers, and whichever version she wears in particular, are very popular in the late teens to early twenties set.  

• Useful 1
23 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I think it's because Avery Pohl is pretty tall (I'm guessing at the very least 5'8" or 5'9") and they don't want her towering over Trina or Cam, which she would if they put her in heels.

Two sources I found listed her height at 5’ 6”.  No idea if that’s accurate though.

5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Hat Man can't do anything on the up and up, can he? Faking an injury so he can talk to Pip? Ugh. He's definitely not as charming as he thinks he is.

Considering it's Cyrus, I don't think skepticism is out of line here. 

I find Hatman excruciating to listen to in every scene he’s in.   It’s not that I dislike the actor, he’s ok.  But the drivel they have him spouting is just awful.  The whole mysterious vibe they’re going for just isn’t working.

• Love 2

Please send Hatman away or have him killed or get a terminal disease or fall down the stairs at GH. This is an excruciating story line with characters we do not care a bit about. Please stop this now. Thank you.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

Yeah, the tenor of Britt and Nina's conversation was a bit weird.  The big takeaway for me is that Britt basically doesn't give an F about Carly's marriage or general happiness and that works just fine for me.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Please send Hatman away or have him killed or get a terminal disease or fall down the stairs at GH. This is an excruciating story line with characters we do not care a bit about. Please stop this now. Thank you.

Actually, falling down those stairs might make him immortal.  See: August, Peter

• LOL 9
  • Love 3

Today's Notes:

Cyrus kicks someone out whom i've never met. Okay. . Clearly  they are Bad Mob. Hatman Flashback. Drew stops by. they banter. Hatman bad. Portia good. back to Hatman, and his history. Shutup. Curtis as he keeps going HE WON'T TELL ME EVERYTHING BUT WANTS A RELATIONSHIP, HE DOESN'T CARE. And Drew says what Laura says what Stella says is "well did it ever occur to you that He's not telling you everything because he cares about you?" and Curtis pouts (like this  is legit the same conversation 3 ways. Curtis whinges that Hatman won't say anything he wants to hear and he's trying to hear the answer he wants. Nina is asking everyone "do you think I can be w/sonny if He left Carly?" until she gets the answer she wants. Carly keeps whinging "How can I be in a marriage with Sonny?" until she gets the answer she wants. STAHP THE MADNESS it's boring.). 

Drew explains it to Curtis as if he's two why it couldbe dangerous for Hatman. Curtis has thinking face. then decides he still doesn't like the answer. geeze

Hatman + Piph. SKIP!!
oh wait. Hatman is dying. that escalated quickly. 

Brando and TJ. He offers to spar. Brando goes you don't have to be my friend because my kid died. Brando is clearly suffering from Blue Daddy Syndrome and he's frustrated that Sasha isn't feeling/acting the same as he is - that she isn't grieving at all. TJ goes are you sure this is about Sasha or what YOU need from Sasha? Brando goes maybe i can open up if Sasha opens up. TJ goes talk to Dr Collins even if you have to do it without Sasha. they brohug. 

Sasha is at yoga. Gladys is there and Sasha is pissed. Felicia goes, Oh let's join them, and Maxie is like yeh no. Felicia admits she saw peter. Maxie is like what? Felicia said she wanted to know if Peter knew were Louise was. Maxie says he didn't and Felicia said yeah. Felicia starts to cry about how she let Maxie down.  Maxie says no we're good now. Felicia goes you've been dealing with so many things lately, you are my hero. Maxie is like don't put me on the pedestal. Felicia changes the topic about going to Pawtuck and finding Louise and Maxie snaps she's not going back there. Felicia tries to apologize, and Maxie is like whatever and leaves. 

Sasha is trying to ignoring Gladys and Gladys is like you can talk to me, it's good to talk about this. Sasha snaps who says i'm not. Gladys says Brando, duh. Sasha goes she's fine. Gladys says she's not buying it. Sasha snaps just because you don't like how I'm grieving but I am. Gladys goes, Brando needs you. Sasha goes I'm leaving. 

Sasha and Maxie bond over how everyone else thinks they are grieving weird. Maxie says don't push Brando + Gladys away. Sasha see's Brando's text, ignores it and goes back to Yoga. 

BLQ and Chase moved into Jax's house. lots of fun bantering and teasing. BLQ and Chase bond over the baby and BLQ splits and Dante wants to know the dish about BLQ and Chase. Dante is like why aren't you pissed off at BLQ she hid your kid. Dante goes however, I grew up with BLQ - she has a good heart (wait, they did? okay whatever). and he goes. i can see why you'd have feelings. Chase blurts out NO WE CAN'T HAVE FEELINGS, THERE IS TOO MUCH AT STAKE. Dante has a great WTF face. BLQ heard that at the top of the stairs. She has sadface. Dante leaves, and BLQ goes. maybe you should leave too, Chase. She wants boundaries. Both have sad face. 

Liz info dumps Terry and Portia. She's scared about something bad will happen. Liz is freaking out about the ring (again). The girls reassure her the date will be okay.  Liz goes to on the date. Portia infodumps Terry about Curtis and her sexytimes. Terry is sad that she has no sexytimes. Portia says maybe we can help w/that. Portia signs Terry up for an app. 

Liz is legit talking about Franco on their date. Finn's face is like "ahuh." haha  but he hopes Liz's future includes him. 

Curtis finds out that Hatman is at the hospital. Show over

• Love 6

Jax is still in Port Charles?! Did I hear that correctly?

5 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I grew up with BLQ - she has a good heart (wait, they did? okay whatever).

How old is BLQ supposed to be? Amanda Setton is 36; Dominic Zamprogna is 42, so if their characters are similar ages, they could have grown up together. Lois did take BLQ to Bensonhurst after the divorce from Ned.

2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

nope. just a Phone Call.

2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

if their characters are similar ages, they could have grown up together. Lois did take BLQ to Bensonhurst after the divorce from Ned.

ah right. thanks :)

Good grief, Sasha had a baby in real life not long ago and she is so very thin. Not body shaming, but wow.

Curtis has such a hot body, but a little Just For Men on the white chin beard would help. The old man beard and hot body confuse me.

That's the best Elizabeth can do for a date? Flowered dress and pink granny coat?

Ok scoop neck flower dress.

Flat hair.

No jewelry.

Lazy wardrobe people?

Try giving a shit, Liz.

My nana used to dress nicer when we took her out for her birthday. 

Yeah, yeah, maybe she doesn't want to send the wrong message. Whatever.

Edited by seasons
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, Daisy said:
38 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

nope. just a Phone Call.

Thanks, @Daisy!

I had to laugh at Felicia going on about how evil Peter is. Well, yeah. What did she expect, that he'd invite her to tea? And if he rattled you that much, maybe you shouldn't have gone to seen him in the first place.

Why did TJ and Brando have a falling out? I forget what happened.

Curtis really needed the witness protection program explained to him? I just can't with this show sometimes.

Epiphany, you're a nurse! You can do something to help Marshall instead of pointlessly yelling his name! Again, I just can't with this show sometimes.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, seasons said:

Good grief, Sasha had a baby in real life not long ago and she is so very thin. Not body shaming, but wow.

oh my thought was when when Sasha got up and walked away was "wow she has a bum and some hips, that is great that she is willing show her post baby body on TV". I mean she not heavy by any means but it was Felica's and Gladys's stick legs that struck me .

Why was Pip, the nurse in charge for all these years, just standing there freaking out when Hatman started choking or whatever? She should know what to do in an emergency.

Best part of today was Finn, Dante and Chase in the same room. I guess it makes sense for them to stay at Jax's.

Gladys , " Ok Sash..".  she's annoying but funny

Edited by Blackie
eta, clarity
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Brando and Molly had sex when she was sort of on a break from TJ, or was it when he was kidnapped... something like that.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Because Brando was the one night stand Molly had and Brando didn’t tell him. As if it was his place to do so.🙄🙄

40 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

How old is BLQ supposed to be? Amanda Setton is 36; Dominic Zamprogna is 42, so if their characters are similar ages, they could have grown up together. Lois did take BLQ to Bensonhurst after the divorce from Ned.

They did grow up together-have you forgotten how Brook Lynn rubbed that in Lulu’s face when SheBeast hired her to tape Dante?

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Brando and Molly had sex when she was sort of on a break from TJ, or was it when he was kidnapped... something like that.

Oh, right. (I can't remember anything these days!) I thought they'd all gotten past that. Not that Brando and TJ became besties, but they could be in the same room without fisticuffs. 

15 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Why was Pip, the nurse in charge for all these years, just standing there freaking out when Hatman started choking or whatever? She should know what to do in an emergency.

My personal experience with medical professionals (my doctor aunt) is that some of them (my aunt) suck when it comes to family members being hurt/injured. Pip standing there and yelling Douchehat's name over and over (I feel like they had her saying his name over and over because they know a bunch of people call him hatman) was because she was too close to the situation.

Was it just me or was Chase trying to convince himself why he and BL shouldn't get together? Laying on thick there.

I'm all for women being friends and having each others' back, but I wish they would do away with the giggling and the general high school mentality when men and relationships are being discussed. And while we're at it, Curtis, you don't have to allude to everyone you come across and who asks you about Portia how you two are not doing it. 

TJ was a really good sounding board for Brando. 

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Brando and Molly had a one night stand. TJ found out and clocked him because they (TJ and Brando)were becoming friends and he didn't say anything. Molly told TJ it was because she said to him don't so he apologized to brando but things were relatively not friendly (just amiable. Hi, Hi. bye bye, kind of things)

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

kid. Dante goes however, I grew up with BLQ - she has a good heart (wait, they did? okay whatever)

They did according to her 2010 return with the other actress. Lois moved back to Bensonhurst right before she gave birth because she didn’t want her kid raised around the Qs and we didn’t see BL until years later when she popped up as a teen disgruntled with her absent father. However it always begged the question of how Dante’s existence was kept a secret considering that Lois was supposed to be Sonny’s best friend. Regardless, I still side eye Dante calling BL a good person considering she drugged and attempted to rape him for money during that last return as well. 

• Love 1

BLQ and Chase's chemistry seems more friends/brother-sister to me. The sarcasm, little digs, and teasing thing they do does not help. 

Okay, at the risk of sounding like Jan, I'm sick of everything being about Marshall, Marshall, Marshall! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Why did Britt go to Nina in order to get Sonny to help Brad?  I mean I get that she thinks Nina would have some pull over Sonny, but Britt also had a moment with Sonny after Jason’s death so she should try going to him directly.

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

back to Hatman, and his history. Shutup.

I have to say @Daisy, I fucking love your recaps!  They are literally one of the highlights of my day!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Epiphany, you're a nurse! You can do something to help Marshall instead of pointlessly yelling his name! Again, I just can't with this show sometimes.

My thought too! They just sat there talking about her previous dream of being a doctor and then how much she loved being a nurse, but she might as well have been a bus driver for all the help she was with what I assume was a heart attack. Liz is probably too nice to share the details of this fail when she gets back to work, but really? why should anyone do what Epiphany says from now on?

• Love 2

I get that Marshall was Pip's dinner partner, but after the second "Marshall!" her training should have kicked in and she should have done something more productive than shout his name.

I loved how cheesy-soap Robert Gossett played the heart attack, or whatever it was supposed to be.

1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

Britt also had a moment with Sonny after Jason’s death so she should try going to him directly.

Approaching any Corinthos for a favor about Brad is pretty dicey, IMO. No one has forgotten or forgiven him for taking such good care of Wiley and giving them ample access to him during his first year.

Edited by dubbel zout
typo
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

I have to say @Daisy, I fucking love your recaps!  They are literally one of the highlights of my day!

that's so sweet. and it really brightened up my day. I'm glad that you really like them. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, seasons said:

That's the best Elizabeth can do for a date? Flowered dress and pink granny coat?

Ok scoop neck flower dress.

Flat hair.

No jewelry.

Lazy wardrobe people?

Try giving a shit, Liz.

My nana used to dress nicer when we took her out for her birthday. 

Yeah, yeah, maybe she doesn't want to send the wrong message. Whatever.

I thought she looked nice.

I also really liked Gladys's leggings.

That's all I've got for today.

• Love 4

Dante's paternity was a secret from everyone, including himself.  Both Lois AND Sonny grew up close with the Falconeri family and Lois continued that when she took BLQ and went back after dumping Ned.  Lois had no idea about Dante since he was the product of a ONS that 15 year old Olivia had with HER COUSIN'S ADULT BOYFRIEND.  She told NOBODY who that daddy was until the shooting.

Yes they grew up together and were close, up until she took money to screw with his relationship.  No, Lois didn't keep his paternity from her BFF Sonny.

Edited by ouinason
extra, probably unneeded clarification