Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Well I did not see the sex tape angle coming. But who does Esme think will be accused of this? Is she going to return to the cabin to retrieve the phone?

I also did not see Victor abducting Valentin coming. "Be careful, he's my son." Dude, I think you crossed that line in the sand when you had said son chloroformed. But I did have a kick out of the way the line was delivered.

Can Peter get any creepier than when he was staring at Bailey with that smile? He reminded me of It.

Clearly something is going to happen to either BL or Chase with this Bailey business. 

Epiphany has zero chemistry with douchehat and replacement douchehat although I found him less douchey than the original.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, racked said:

I know they’re horny teens but the fact that Joss and Cam are still able to bang after all that is almost impressive.

And Cam is just as shitty a friend as Joss here.

I didn't see yesterday and missed the first few minutes today. But, I gather that (from their point of view), Trina was either drunk or sick, threw a fit about something and ran out. Do they even know where she is?  They should be worried about that instead of having sex.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, racked said:

I know they’re horny teens but the fact that Joss and Cam are still able to bang after all that is almost impressive.

yeah. Cam was totally poopytastic here. I'll say a part of it to me is sort of like he didn't want to fight with Joss, and then he decided to think with his manparts. i was very disappoint in him.

5 minutes ago, Katy M said:

didn't see yesterday and missed the first few minutes today. But, I gather that (from their point of view), Trina was either drunk or sick, threw a fit about something and ran out. Do they even know where she is?  They should be worried about that instead of having sex.

She is suffering from the effects of the drugs Esme put her in her drink (so she is drugged + drunk). Joss said she wouldn't open the door so she just talked through it. Through the door. She didn't open it and checked in on her.  Esme (whom Joss said she doesn't trust and hates). said she was sleeping. and instead of checking in on her and spending time with her best friend. Joss decides to have sex. 

this is the girl who goes. "sister before mister."

• Love 6

Yeah, both Cam and Joss were shitty friends to Trina.  She said she wasn’t feeling like herself, you would think they would have at least checked on her one more time before having sexytimes.  I’m kind of disappointed in Cam, but at the same time he’s a horny teenaged boy thinking with his wiener so I’m not surprised.

Mistah Sheffield having his own son chloroformed is so messed up but I cracked up at his delivery.  Nothing phases this guy.

I was finally warming up to Hat a TINY bit and now we have a replacement Hat.  How long is he supposed to be on?

• Love 8

The trouble with Esme’s storyline is that it’s on a slow boat to China most of the time. Whatever her ultimate plans, especially in regards to Ryan, it’s taking too long to move along

• Love 19
43 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Trina was either drunk or sick, threw a fit about something and ran out.

She didn't "throw a fit."  They were playing 'never have I ever' and in her drugged (not drunk) state, she admitted that she felt left out when Joss and Cam started dating.  She was embarrassed and crying and left the room.  Hardly "a fit."

• Love 16
34 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I was finally warming up to Hat a TINY bit and now we have a replacement Hat.  How long is he supposed to be on?

Preview for Monday showed regular Hatman back (aka Captain Taylor for 'The Closer/Major Crimes' fans).

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, DanaK said:

The trouble with Esme’s storyline is that it’s on a slow boat to China most of the time. Whatever her ultimate plans, especially in regards to Ryan, it’s taking too long to move along

I’ve been saying this for months now! Whatever Esme is up to is taking way too long to come to fruition. It’s not even clear to me if she genuinely likes Spencer. That shouldn’t be the case at the point in the show. She’s been on for months now and is still pretty much an enigma to me. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, racked said:

"Gee, Trina's upset, but she doesn't want to talk, so let's bang because I want to and I'm a selfish clone of my shrewish mom." 

And the fact she kept going on and on about Esme pre and post coital was the opposite of hot. 

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

"Gee, Trina's upset, but she doesn't want to talk, so let's bang because I want to and I'm a selfish clone of my shrewish mom." 

And the fact she kept going on and on about Esme pre and post coital was the opposite of hot. 

I said on Twitter awhile ago that I didn't know whether I wanted Esme to seduce Joss or ruin her life. Now I want both.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Surrounding Joss and Cam's first time with...all that was a weird choice.

Again, Lucy is referred to, but not seen.  At least Tad Martin Grey dumped LWB/FS as a client so I have less reservations about him being involved with my girl.

Previews...

Liz: Someone is determined to destroy his [Franco's] legacy.

Me: Am I supposed to care?  He was a SERIAL KILLER who turned people into art!

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, racked said:

They're asshats. Trina is drunk, let her sleep it off. Maybe you peak your head in and make sure she's asleep and that she's not crying into her pillow?

#newfriendsforTrina2022

• Love 18
18 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Maybe you peak your head in and make sure she's asleep and that she's not crying into her pillow?

or dead? They say she hasn't really drank before, she could have alcohol poisoning or puked and choked. (not likely, she didn't drink that much but they could have at least check to make sure she is breathing and not taken Esme's word for it that she was sleeping). After that , I am ok with the boinking, they are teens, there is not much that would really turn them off from that once they have decided they are going to go for it.

Joss going on and on about Esme is not that different from her mother going on and on about Nina.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Surrounding Joss and Cam's first time with...all that was a weird choice.

And I'm still bored with the teens. A sex tape won't change that for me. And of course Esmé will be suspect number one. She hasn't thought this through at all.

The driver of Esmé and Spencer's car was rather sinister-looking; I wonder if Esmé has something planned for that.

Chase in his underwear standing in an open-door room was something. I have get a lot of medical procedures and have pretty much no modesty left, but I still wouldn't give all of GH an eyeful of me in my skivvies.

Bored with Hatman no matter who plays him. Stop hectoring Pip about being a doctor. Why is he pushing so hard? It's gross. He barely knows her.

Yeah, Laura's one to sneer at Col. Tad for representing Peter when she's besties with the mob kingpin of the Eastern Seaboard. Why shouldn't Col. Tad make some money at the same time? Peter can afford it. This is the type of hypocrisy that drives me nuts. 

Peter really had a "You're mine, all mine!" look on his face when he saw BaileyLou, hee.

LOL that GH still uses paper files. No wonder it has financial problems on a regular basis.

"Victor, if I tell you something, can I trust you?" Oh, Valentin, you sweet summer child. You never trust Victor, not under any circumstances. It's as dumb as trusting Peter.

Victor chloroforming Val is SOP for the Cassadines, as is his concern that his son doesn't get hurt when thrown into the trunk of a car. Hee.

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, Blackie said:

After that , I am ok with the boinking, they are teens, there is not much that would really turn them off from that once they have decided they are going to go for it.

i don't know. again maybe it was because i was basically a granny teen LOL but if my best friend was that upset, legit I would be Meredith Grey/Christina Yanging (or Samantha Jonesing that situation)that situation. (lying on the bathroom floor with her, curling up in bed beside her or at the very least, getting her some water, and sitting on the floor with my kindle. ready to jump at the word go if she needed anything.  As much as Sam Jones from Sex and the City liked her sex, she always put her best friends first. 

I just find it extremely telling that Joss knows her best friend is "drunk" (drugged), severely upset, cried herself to sleep, and partially the reason is because she feels third wheel, and admittedly feeling hurt about Joss getting together with Cam, and Joss feels that she did her duty by saying "there there" through a door, yelling at Esme and then screwing her boyfriend. 18, 28, 38 or 48 that just feels wrong, especially how Joss is so quick to throw out 'sisters before misters."

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

She didn't "throw a fit."  They were playing 'never have I ever' and in her drugged (not drunk) state, she admitted that she felt left out when Joss and Cam started dating.  She was embarrassed and crying and left the room.  Hardly "a fit."

I said I didn't see yesterday and missed the first few minutes today, so I was trying to pick up from the dialogue what happened,  I didn't mean to be offensive.

• Love 5

I agree that Trina deserves her own storyline/love interest(I didn't realize she was on the show for 4 years) I started back up again sometime last year. Yes its overdue. I mean if they don't want to put Spencer/Trina together for obvious reason than bring another guy on for her. 

I also agree the teens are pretty meh which is unfortunate because this is the most promising teen scene the show has had since Liz/Lucky/Emily/Nik.  I was watching the L&L playlist and teen Laura has more drama as a teen than most adults on this show. She would laugh at this pitiful drama that's with this current set(which involves her now grandchildren). Joining a cult, hooking up with an older man, getting married etc. 

Esme should try and seduce Cam get pregnant and try to pass it off as Spencer's kid. That would be messy soapy drama.

• Love 4

I can't believe we waited all this time for the big trip to the cabin and it's yet another limp payoff. Is Esme going to release the tape and make it seem like Trina did it, cuz NO ONE would ever believe that. 

Maxie and Austin's kiss yesterday was also a dud. RoHo looked uncomfortable to me, like he is not into the pairing. The show needs to go where the chemistry is, and rethink Maxie/Austin, Chase/BLQ and Dante/Sam. 

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Esme should try and seduce Cam get pregnant and try to pass it off as Spencer's kid. That would be messy soapy drama.

When she looked at the luggage and was all "perfect," I thought she was going to go through the bags, find the condoms and poke holes in them.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
34 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

When she looked at the luggage and was all "perfect," I thought she was going to go through the bags, find the condoms and poke holes in them.

I thought she was going to just take all the condoms to put the brakes on the s-e-x but then Cam would have remembered that Spencer had extra so he would have got some from his bag.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Chase in his underwear standing in an open-door room was something

Something I certainly don't mind seeing. I wouldn't care if he walked around all day every day in his undies but these meet ups just so BLQ can see him in the semi nude are stupid.

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

i don't know. again maybe it was because i was basically a granny teen LOL but if my best friend was that upset, legit I would be Meredith Grey/Christina Yanging (or Samantha Jonesing that situation)that situation. (lying on the bathroom floor with her, curling up in bed beside her or at the very least, getting her some water, and sitting on the floor with my kindle. ready to jump at the word go if she needed anything.  As much as Sam Jones from Sex and the City liked her sex, she always put her best friends first. 

Real life teens are checking on their friends and then having sex, I can pretty much guarantee!

• Love 3

NO MORE CORINTHII.

PORT CHARLES IS ALREADY PLAGUED WITH THEM.

NO MORE BABIES CARLY AND/OR SONNY CAN CLAIM WITH FLARED NOSES, BARED TEETH, SNARLS, AND MUMBLED THREATS

Edited by Mirabelle
  • Love 7

If this sex-taping is a humiliation or blackmail thing, I hope Joss says to Esme what someone should say to the writers: "So what? I obviously don't want people looking at me in that private moment, but it was just basic (vanilla) consensual sex and it's not like I have three boobs or anything. Don't try to shame me."

If I followed the Valentine/Victor doings today, Valentine was faking out Victor by telling him he was up to something different that he actually was. However, he obviously wasn't as many steps ahead of Victor as he should have been! Good thing he was leaving a message for Anna at the time of his undignified exit.

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Real life teens are checking on their friends and then having sex, I can pretty much guarantee!

Yeah, not gonna lie but if I was a teen I would have checked on my friend (hoes before bros and all that) and as long as she was indeed asleep and not hysterically crying or dead or something I’m pretty sure I would have gone back to sexytimes. 

• Love 4

I thought Joss would at least say a few words about Oscar, just to set the mood.

Esme must have a really good phone battery. 

Isn't this a rehash of Maxie's sex on a webcam storyline?

Pinholes in the condom wrapper, then soaking it in hot pepper sauce would have been a better idea.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

I hate Joss, but not sure what else to do with Trina then sit outside her door. She locked it, Joss spoke to her through it and now Trina is asleep.

I guess they could have tried to find something to pick the lock and break in. But I get just leaving her alone to sleep.

Spencer said how Esme thought she was moving to Windermere but then didn't say anything when instead they moved in with Laura.  Is she homeless? She has no job, how could she complain when she has no where else to go?

Drugging the African American girl and non-consent sex tapes, they really pushing things with Esme.

• Love 5

Soap Twitter is losing their minds over todays episode. It was jarring to have Cam and Joss have sex in the middle of what seemed like very unsexy times and with just Trina (who had tearfully told them she felt like the third wheel with them) a few feet away, but I’m assuming we didn’t see Trina because SM was unavailable. The show is really ruining the potential good teen storyline they could have had though. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Auntie Velvet said:

If this sex-taping is a humiliation or blackmail thing, I hope Joss says to Esme what someone should say to the writers: "So what? I obviously don't want people looking at me in that private moment, but it was just basic (vanilla) consensual sex and it's not like I have three boobs or anything. Don't try to shame me."

If I followed the Valentine/Victor doings today, Valentine was faking out Victor by telling him he was up to something different that he actually was. However, he obviously wasn't as many steps ahead of Victor as he should have been! Good thing he was leaving a message for Anna at the time of his undignified exit.

What if Esme releases it on the Internet?

I'm expecting Trina to be unconscious or sick from the drugs when Joss and Cam finally get around to checking up on her next morning. Otherwise this cabin trip is too lame. Who cares about a tape of Joss and Cam's first time? Joss may think that she's royalty but she really isn't .

Esme didn't even poke holes in the condoms. Disappointing lack of creativity.

Unlike Victor chloroforming and kidnapping his own son. I guess Victor's decided that access to Drew serves him better than a relationship with his son.

7 hours ago, Daisy said:

yeah. Cam was totally poopytastic here. I'll say a part of it to me is sort of like he didn't want to fight with Joss, and then he decided to think with his manparts. i was very disappoint in him.

I kept thinking of the expression "a man has two heads but only enough blood to operate one at a time."

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I can't believe we waited all this time for the big trip to the cabin and it's yet another limp payoff. Is Esme going to release the tape and make it seem like Trina did it, cuz NO ONE would ever believe that. 

Maxie and Austin's kiss yesterday was also a dud. RoHo looked uncomfortable to me, like he is not into the pairing. The show needs to go where the chemistry is, and rethink Maxie/Austin, Chase/BLQ and Dante/Sam

Admit they’re wrong?  They’ll never do that.  You’re going to take those forced pairings and you’re going to like them.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

And I'm still bored with the teens. A sex tape won't change that for me. And of course Esmé will be suspect number one. She hasn't thought this through at all.

The driver of Esmé and Spencer's car was rather sinister-looking; I wonder if Esmé has something planned for that.

Chase in his underwear standing in an open-door room was something. I have get a lot of medical procedures and have pretty much no modesty left, but I still wouldn't give all of GH an eyeful of me in my skivvies.

I agree with Esme's schemes lacking proper planning and follow-through; is she just another incompetent villain or are we supposed to attribute it to some mental illness that she seems to be medicating (obviously without much success!)?

She's the obvious candidate for the leak of any Cam-Joss sex tape even if she is using a burner phone, so you have to wonder about her motivations. Arranging for Cam and Trina to end up in a compromising position would have made a lot more sense, or even - as some have suggested - seducing Cam herself, getting pregnant and passing off his baby as Spencer's. Instead we get high-and-mighty Joss coming down hard on Esme. OF COURSE mini-Carly found bitching out another woman to be sexier than foreplay so she boinked Cam immediately after.

Chase was changing out of his gown with the door closed when Brook Lynn barged in and he got his clothes on almost immediately as soon as she came through the door (too quickly for my tastes!). It was less gratuitous than the scene some years ago when I remember Tracy barging in on Nikolas (then played by TC) who, for some reason, was lying around in his skivvies rather than a gown. And let's face it, if someone had JS's body, I don't think embarrassment and immediate cover-ups are really necessary. I'm more surprised Epiphany didn't walk by and recruit him for the next Nurses' Ball strip act.

Speaking of which, is the Nurses' Ball extinct? We never got to see one last year.

Edited by Aymery
  • Love 3

Esme's scheme - why not dose the mug(s?) while you're in the kitchen, not out in the open where anyone could see you? I thought that maybe her plan was to get Trina and Cam drugged and then get them into a compromising position and take pictures. Otherwise, why did she need the new smartphone? Playing Never Have I Ever seems like a way to get everyone to argue, but wouldn't that tip her hand? Unless there's something that strands everyone at the cabin, so they are all stuck together with a bunch of conflicts between them.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, KittyQ said:

Esme's scheme - why not dose the mug(s?) while you're in the kitchen, not out in the open where anyone could see you? I thought that maybe her plan was to get Trina and Cam drugged and then get them into a compromising position and take pictures. Otherwise, why did she need the new smartphone? Playing Never Have I Ever seems like a way to get everyone to argue, but wouldn't that tip her hand? Unless there's something that strands everyone at the cabin, so they are all stuck together with a bunch of conflicts between them.

I’m assuming they didn’t want to build a kitchen set but wanted to show her adding the drugs.  

NY has revenge porn laws so she could go to jail for releasing the tape and I’m doubting that she paid in cash for the phone so it could be traced back to her. She needs better supervillain lessons and trying to get them from mute Ryan via osmosis doesn’t seem to be working. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I can also live without it from here on. It's gotten away from what it originally was, and the budget is so low it's embarrassing.

And sorry, SE, after you murdered "O Christmas Tree", I never want to hear anyone on this show sing again.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Michael and his woe is me mother are back too. Does LW not take any vacation?

Once I recall reading that Mooby took a vacation, so the show taped extra scenes to use so nobody would miss him too much!  

• LOL 3

I guess Esme will use the video to try and revenge pornJoss online. Although, I don’t think you can revenge porn someone if you aren’t in the actual porn, right? I’m so old I had to look up the term revenge porn. I agree that nutty Esme actual intent has dragged on way too long. The actress has the titled head and squinty eyes down pat to show she’s a crazy nut job but I still don’t understand what she ultimately wants. Heck! I’m not even sure she’s in love with Spence. She might not want any other girls with him but I can’t tell if she’s really into Spence that much either. I thought Trina was gonna go into convulsions under the drugs but I guess it just made her pass out so Spence couldn’t talk to or see her either. This cabin trip had this huge build up and it was over in a day. I thought they’d be there for a week or so. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 7

I am not seeing what Cam and Joss did wrong with Trina after she left.  Joss checked on her, and the door was locked so she tried talking to her and got nothing.  There is no reason to think anything is physically wrong with her, since they only know she had a single drink, and breaking into her room would only make the situation worse.  It's called personal space.

I guess they could have spent the rest of the night sitting around awkwardly talking about "what to do about" Trina and not getting anywhere (cause, can't fix anything without Trina actually participating).  

Leaving Trina alone, which is quite obviously what she wants, is the right thing to do.  Forcing yourself on your friend when your actions are what is bothering them is just selfish.  This is based on the information that the kids have at this point.  

I liken it to Sonny hounding Carly to forgive him right this second when she asked him to give her some space.

Joss linking her first sexual experience with her hate boner for Esme is an interesting choice though.

• Love 5

I don't know. maybe it's selfish. but they also acknowledged they never saw Trina drink before (or get affected like that before). so even wanting to be left alone. I would make sure she was actually okay. not talk to her through a door.  I'd rather be a nag and be seen as selfish for not acknowledging their personal space and ensuring they were safe  vs. regretting I hadn't and something happened. 

And Esme told them Trina was sleeping. Joss flat out stated she hates Esme and doesn't trust her. So even with that, i would be double checking that Trina was actually okay. but like i said. I acknowledged - that basically it would never occur to me (regardless of how old I was). to simply go on with my plans if someone i cared about was upset. Even if they wanted to be left alone, i would be around in case they needed something. And goodness knows how many times I've been sobbing my guts out because something bothered me, and told people to just leave me alone where in actuality what i needed was some comfort. I know not everyone thinks (or feels the way I do) which is fine. but again it just blows my mind that they didn't... double check on her, at all. 

but i guess ultimately it goes down to experiences i suppose. 

• Love 10

I saw that Trina was trending on Soaps Twitter. Although, I have twitter I don’t tweet I just follow but I didn’t know there was one for soaps. Who knew? LOL!!! Anyway, people weren’t happy how it’s Trina’s storyline she wasn’t really in it. I guess they fooled me because I didn’t see any of this coming. I assumed Esme was going to drug Cam & slide him into be with Trina. I guess I was wrong. So I guess they got one over on me

I think my overall issue is that Joss seemed more in tune with fighting Esme than caring about Trina. I mean, she seemed energized by Trina refusing to come out, like it was something to use to throw at Esme. She was fired UP to go at Esme, it was clear she was scratching an itch she'd felt for a long time.  So when the contact high (fighting with Esme) was gone, she just instantly becomes romantic?

Cameron at least seemed somewhat upset. Joss was like "whatever, it's just the two of us now". She didn't think to try again with Trina.  Also, why would Joss believe Esme about Trina being asleep (and how would Esme know?) when she'd called Esme all sorts of names? If Joss and Cameron actually cared about what happened to Trina (like they both claimed), they would have focused their attention on TRINA, not each other. What's romantic about your best friend being upset, potentially sick and alone in her room? And it wasn't like they got swept up in things, they actively made the choice that TONIGHT was the night. The night there was a huge fight, a friend they cared about left with his pissed girlfriend and their other friend was alone in another room after not feeling well and running from the room in tears. Time for SEX!  It was just WEIRD.

Especially when they spent their time talking about Esme, and not what Trina said about their friendship and how she felt when Cam/Joss started dating. They didn't even seem bothered by Trina's feelings at all.

• Love 14

I do agree that in general, the right thing to do would be to be more proactive on checking on Trina, except in this instance, Cam and Joss were the thing that Trina was upset about.  They were not the people who needed to be checking on her.  Spencer should have actually done it instead of being pressured out of it by his shitty girlfriend.  Of the three there who actually care, Spencer was the one in the position to not make things worse by bugging her.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Daisy said:

I don't know. maybe it's selfish. but they also acknowledged they never saw Trina drink before (or get affected like that before).

Something about this was bugging me, and now I know what it is. Wasn't Trina first introduced as the Bad Influence Friend who threw a wild, drunken teen party and got Joss in trouble with her parents?

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Something about this was bugging me, and now I know what it is. Wasn't Trina first introduced as the Bad Influence Friend who threw a wild, drunken teen party and got Joss in trouble with her parents?

Yes. And she was an Asian character.