Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, nilyank said:

But seeing how Nikolas spoiled and neglected Spencer since he was born, maybe he would have been better off being raised by Jax.

See: Jax, Josslyn

Also, I'm sure once Carly got back together with Sonny, he would have hanged Jax on a meathook to weasel away his parental rights the same way he did to AJ, especially since Spencer is Sonny's nephew.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

So I get her thinking what Nina did was awful. 

Oh, I do, too. There's no way to make Nina's lie acceptable. But Phyllis needs to dial back the self-righteousness just a smidge. Just because Sonny didn't want to look into his past doesn't mean pushing an amnesiac into a new relationship is right. 

6 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:
16 hours ago, rur said:

The best part of this exchange was Nik's very Cassidine response, essentially, "I can respect that."

I LOVED this scene. I loved how much Ava hemmed and hawed before telling him. You could see she was conflicted in that she doesn't want to hurt Nik, but she'll be damned if she lets Spencer get away with doing what he did and not being apologetic for it. It was so great how she seemed to be prepared for more arguing but then when he said he could respect it, she was shocked. She's still not used to having a man have her back and pick her first.

That scene was well-written and really well acted. Did Awesome Writer sneak that in?

1 hour ago, absnow54 said:

Spencer is Sonny's nephew

They've had so little interaction that any affection they show each other always seems so forced to me. 

• Love 8

See: Jax, Josslyn

Also, I'm sure once Carly got back together with Sonny, he would have hanged Jax on a meathook to weasel away his parental rights the same way he did to AJ, especially since Spencer is Sonny's nephew.

well Josslyn (Jacks) was primarily raised by Carly, not Jax.

Remember that Sonny had the arbitrator plant drugs/drugged Jax and he lost all parental rights. (Then because Brenda found out, was rightly pissed off that Sonny did something that henious and thus putting Carly first,  and didn't have the guts to even own up to the fact that he did it, she didn't want to raise her son in that environment and be put 2nd all the time and left - Sonny ran all over town waving a gun, shot Robin in front of Emma and planned to have Jax murdered because Brenda had a brain and rightly dumped his ass) 

(I know that during the rapid aging, and Jax being brought back on the show it was basically stated that Joss spent some time in Australia but all of Joss's .... finer qualities..... are Carly's handiwork. (arguably i will say it's not to say Jax would have been perfect, he doesn't hesitate to be all "so should i open the wallet to get your way." but there are a lot more times that he actually does parent so i'd assume had Jax had had full custody - A: Joss wouldn't be a mob apologist and threatening people with mob violence and B: less shrewish like her mother). 

• Love 13
14 hours ago, nilyank said:

Jax was the one who paid off Dr Meadows to lie about the paternity test when Courtney was pregnant and it was until after Spencer was born that Carly found out and Jax talked her into keeping quiet.

And that was a retcon to make Jax look bad and Nik and SWSNBN the couple to "root for", which no. Yeah, yeah, it's a soap, but the timeline didn't work for Spencer to be Nik's spawn. 

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And that was a retcon to make Jax look bad and Nik and SWSNBN the couple to "root for", which no. Yeah, yeah, it's a soap, but the timeline didn't work for Spencer to be Nik's spawn. 

yeah. that one was really kinda fishy it being Nik's kid.

• Love 1

What Spencer did was horrible but didn’t Nikolas do the same thing? He returned to town stalking and gaslighting Ava and also used Kiki to taunt her. It was only like 2 years ago so I’m not sure why they are acting like all of that didn’t happen. I’m hoping they’re setting Nikolas up for a big fall with Hayden’s shooting because he and Ava don’t come off as remotely rootable in this storyline.

Side note, Ava has been ruined since they hooked her up with Nikolas. They’ve taken away the interesting parts of her and I don’t know where they are going with her character. Having Spencer arrested is probably the single active action she’s taken since they’ve gotten together but she was very passive before this. I don’t think it works for her. 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

Remember that Sonny had the arbitrator plant drugs/drugged Jax and he lost all parental rights. (Then because Brenda found out, was rightly pissed off that Sonny did something that henious and thus putting Carly first,  and didn't have the guts to even own up to the fact that he did it, she didn't want to raise her son in that environment and be put 2nd all the time and left - Sonny ran all over town waving a gun, shot Robin in front of Emma and planned to have Jax murdered because Brenda had a brain and rightly dumped his ass) 

Which gave some totally underrated lines from Brenda: "I'm not running to Jax, I'm just walking away from you"

• Love 17
57 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

What Spencer did was horrible but didn’t Nikolas do the same thing? He returned to town stalking and gaslighting Ava and also used Kiki to taunt her. It was only like 2 years ago so I’m not sure why they are acting like all of that didn’t happen. I’m hoping they’re setting Nikolas up for a big fall with Hayden’s shooting because he and Ava don’t come off as remotely rootable in this storyline.

Yes, he did. But the writers actively refuse to remember what they wrote for the past 9 months, so I wouldn't expect them to care what they wrote 2 years ago.

• LOL 13

Shut up Olivia. Just shut up from now until forever. These two cows need to like. be made into hamburgers. 

See when people close the door to other people's offices etc - i wish the other person would go "no leave it open." LOL you were at the Quatermaines seeing Wiley and Carly wasn't happy. who cares. it's Nina's grandson too, you little gremlin. I love how Nina is not taking his crap.  Oh shut up. Shut up from now until forever Sonny. you didn't do anything to help yourself. 

BLQ - you don't think this is going to blow up in your face? really? (and hahaha Britt calls her on it and basically says um. yeah I believe Austin).

Show: Oh look Jimmy Lee and Edward is communicating. But also look. Jimmy Lee never though to pick up the phone and call him and ask? like shut up show. 

lol Ava is just poking a bear.

Let me make this into a sandwich. Shut Up Olivia. . and once again it's "you Quatermaines." so then honestly divorce Ned and don't be one. the end.and I'd wish someone would freaking call her out on it.  

• Love 6

Jason" I steer clear of ELQ, not my family."  Liar. Unless you're referring to Sonny and Carly and their kids.

Are there people who enjoy watching a show full of Sonny and Carly threatening people? Because it doesn't ring my bells.

Shut up with the Carly propping Olivia.I wonder if LLC gets tired of being limited to being a prop in other peoples stories.

"It took a beating when I threw it away." Timex, on of the great advertising tag lines of the century.

Brook Lynn, you just lost all the points you've been getting lately with that obvious manipulation of Austin. Good for Britt for seeing through you yet also being willing to look into it as CoS.  And shut up Scott I know you're desperate to get Liesl back but it's never a good move to make a bargain with the devil.

LOL at Ava playing on Carly's insecurities. You go, girl! Carly is so desperate to tie Jason to her, she calls him right away. It's none of Jason's business about Avery's custody and he's a fool always propping Carly when she goes off the rails.

End of show: Sonny wants to talk to Jason about him and Carly. Writers desperately trying to make us think that there will be. a triangle when it's only in Carly's mind. Sonny will probably just wash it under the table when he really should be hitting 'high' on the jealousy meter.

• Love 10

That whole exchange between Nina and Sonny and his "rules" and "boundaries" was fucking hilarious. Am I the only one who got a good chuckle out of that? 

He seems to be clued in on the whole Carly/Jason situation but is choosing to ignore it, I guess?

BLQ really crapped the bed on this one. Has a problem with Austin and thinks he's using Leo, turns right around and uses Leo to get Austin in trouble. 

Olivia, instead of gossiping with Carly and about what she'll do about Nina and egging her on, shouldn't you be paying attention to your kid? Also, I have a really difficult time connecting with the storylines that involve the kids because we hardly ever see the kids on screen. Leo got trotted out for the autism storyline, but when was the last time we even saw him on screen? Wasn't it when Julian was still alive? So NINE months ago?

Also, a whole hour of Sonny, Carly and Jason is just too much for sane people. 

What's with the paperclip jewelry? Wholesale at Barney's or something?

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 7

I love Scotty! I literally LOL'ed at his "Let me script it for ya. 'Hey Jason'" line! That was hilarious to me. I guess Britt will reach out to Jason, which will start up JaBritt again. I was never a fan so it doesn't matter to me. I hope the JaBritt fans get their couple this time around. 

I can't help but remember Britt breaking HIPAA rules and giving Peter access to Franco's private medical records, so I'm not too excited to see her come down on Austin. I know she has to address it, and it makes more sense for her to be in that scene than Terry esp b/c of the Brook Lynn/ELQ angle, but I'm going to be giving her the side eye tomorrow if she comes down hard on him. I will have a hard time getting over the hypocrisy of it all. 

Why is Carly so obnoxious all the time? Why must she always be at a 10? Why must she always yell and shout ppl down? Her assumptions re: Ava were beyond annoying, and then all the threats about what Sonny would do . . . ugh!! I just rolled my eyes. If she had shut up, she might have learned about the romantic relationship btw Nina/Sonny. She's just obnoxious all the freaking time. It's tiring. 

From what I saw. I liked how Nina was reacting to Sonny's threats. Her line about a list of places he would be that she could avoid was great! I liked the way CW played the scene too. It was like she was humoring him. I laughed. 

I heard Jason's line about caring about the Qs or whatever, and I laughed. He should be struck down dead for that lie. 

I still like Austin. 

I hate Olivia but liked what she said to Brook Lynn about Leo. Brook Lynn is using her son. And as Brook Lynn babbled on about ELQ, I appreciated Olivia's attitude. If her kid is autistic, she doesn't care about ELQ shares! 

I was over Brook Lynn's OTT Austin hate weeks ago, and today she reached new lows! At no time has Austin ever told anyone Leo WAS autistic. The man has simply suggested they get the child tested. That's all. That's his huge crime. Brook Lynn only cares about her preserving her scheme. She doesn't care about anything or anyone else! 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 10
27 minutes ago, lala2 said:

If she had shut up, she might have learned about the romantic relationship btw Nina/Sonny. She's just obnoxious all the freaking time. It's tiring. 

Shutting up would benefit Carly almost 100% of the time.  Since day 1, she has pretty much spouted off before knowing what's going on.  Especially since LW started playing her.  

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I love Scotty! I literally LOL'ed at his "Let me script it for ya. 'Hey Jason'" line! That was hilarious to me. I guess Britt will reach out to Jason, which will start up JaBritt again. I was never a fan so it doesn't matter to me. I hope the JaBritt fans get their couple this time around.

I love the energy Kin brings to his scenes. He was great with Ava and he was hilarious with Britt. I like the way they play off each other and love that they're getting to team up to help Liesl. JaBritt for me is sadly like anything you know is bad for you: too much food, too much alcohol, too much social media. You know it's bad for you, you know you shouldn't want it, but you just can't help it. So as much as I hate that she's sacrificing herself (and I am proud of her for sticking to her guns for the time being), the addictive side of me can't help but want to know what's going to happen with them. I'm a chemistry whore, I'll admit it. Let's face it, these two drew me back into the show. As much as I want to say I want for her to have nothing to do with him, I'm weak and I will for sure cave. I suck, I know.

In other news, um CARLY? You've always been a vindictive bitch, this is nothing new for you. Her accusing Ava was really gross. 

I'm glad Nina wasn't cowering or groveling in front of Sonny. This is a Nina I could maybe get behind (even though the character has been useless from Day 1 and could leave the canvas tomorrow and never return). His ridiculous rules? Like in this town of 30 people you really aren't going to run into each other? Shut up, Sonny.

The Austin/Q thing is really getting tired for me. I don't care who wins the lawsuit, I don't care who runs the company, this business storyline is just wearing thin. Olivia looks awful all the way around and BLQ should stick to worrying about Bailey and Maxie.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, ffwbe said:

Side note, Ava has been ruined since they hooked her up with Nikolas. They’ve taken away the interesting parts of her and I don’t know where they are going with her character. Having Spencer arrested is probably the single active action she’s taken since they’ve gotten together but she was very passive before this. I don’t think it works for her. 

Nikolas and Ava fought for a long time because of what he did. I think it was brought up not that long ago. But they worked past it. While Nik hasn’t been as strenuous about it, he has acknowledged he was a bad role model. That’s mainly what his convos with Alexis and Ava were about. Alexis told him to be better with his son and Ava acknowledged he’s set a bad example, but as the older adult and parent he needed to break the cycle of them doing these horrible things to each other.

I don’t think the change in Ava has anything to do with her being paired with Nick. It’s not like Nik is some paragon of virtue that Ava has to mend her ways for. I think at first (and I think they still will be) written as a grey couple who are not above skirting the law if need be to get what they want. But I think both are trying to be more adult. After years and years of Ava suffering and never really growing, I like the growth especially her relationships with Nik, Trina, Laura, and Portia.

My only issue with her recently was her cowering to the stalker and capitulating to their demands. The show gave her a plausible and reasonable reason - wanting to protect Avery - but it didn’t seem very Ava to completely give in like that. But that wasn’t Nik weakening her - he was the one who still wanted to fight. I don’t think having Spencer arrested is the single active action she’s taken. She almost shot her own brother for Nikolas.

• Love 5

Way too many people on this show absolutely suck.

I feel like Austin and Nina were trolling Jason and Sonny, respectively, and I am here for that. And Ava needling Carly was a thing of beauty.

Nina really needed to point out to Sonny that Mike had no interest in finding out who his family was. That the show is giving him the upper hand here is ridiculous.

19 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Jason" I steer clear of ELQ, not my family."  Liar. Unless you're referring to Sonny and Carly and their kids.

Yeah, I think there are two kids—what are their names?—who might beg to differ.

Sonny, Nina didn't "hold onto the watch." Phyllis gave it to her an hour ago. 

Did Austin really break HIPPA rules? I suppose technically, as he had treated Leo, but Austin was always very clear he had no expertise in pediatric neurology.

Just now, FilmTVGeek80 said:

My only issue with her recently was her cowering to the stalker and capitulating to their demands. The show gave her a plausible and reasonable reason - wanting to protect Avery - but it didn’t seem very Ava to completely give in like that.

Had Lauren not died, maybe, but after her death, Ava's response to the stalker made total sense to me.

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Had Lauren not died, maybe, but after her death, Ava's response to the stalker made total sense to me.

Yeah, I know it was a reasonable reaction given what happened to Kiki, but I just couldn’t completely buy her complete lack of fight and complete surrender to the stalker. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I was just coming to say this.  The Ava that first walked into town is not the same Ava after having her daughter murdered at the hands of Ryan Crazy Pants.  

5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Did Austin really break HIPPA rules?

Also a question I had.  He hasn't diagnosed or treated Leo for autism so how is randomly talking about it considered taboo?  

9 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

I'm glad Nina wasn't cowering or groveling in front of Sonny. This is a Nina I could maybe get behind

I thought it was hilarious that she seemed to be patting  him on the head like a good little boy.  "How can we talk if we're not allowed to cross paths"  and then Sonny just looked confused.  

10 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

I love the energy Kin brings to his scenes.

Kin ad libs like crazy so I love watching his scene partners and how they react.  There were a few time when Kelly T looked like she was going to break and was fighting to keep a straight face.  Also, I have to give credit to whichever writer decided to pair these two up, because they are gold together.  

Loved Ava needling Carly and deliberately planting that seed, while Nina mentions Jarly on their wedding night and inadvertently planting that one.  

• Love 13
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Brook Lynn, you just lost all the points you've been getting lately with that obvious manipulation of Austin. Good for Britt for seeing through you yet also being willing to look into it as CoS. 

It was so disappointing that Brook Lyn decided to try this lame manipulation in an effort to make Austin look bad. Why are Olivia and Brook Lyn so afraid to find out whether the kid is autistic or not? Minimum, they'll know if things need to be changed up for Leo.

Also, the very, very, very annoying part of the Austin/will story line is that no one has yet produced anything that would result in a change in a legitimate will other than a pretty vague note that Edward thought about adding Jimmy Lee back into the will. He didn't even draft a new will (unsigned), for crying out loud.

• Love 6
38 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Brook Lynn only cares about her preserving her scheme. She doesn't care about anything or anyone else! 

well no - i don't think that's true at all. She has several times asked Maxie if she wanted BaileyLou back - knowing that full well if Maxie had said yes at any time, the scheme would have been blown to kingdom come. She obviously cares about the baby, she has shown she cares about Chase and others. And she has this visceral hate against Austin (I don't even think if it is about the ELQ shares anymore because again if she was willing to deal with the fallout of duping Valentine (which i would imagine equals losing her shares anyway - then it doens't matter if Austin having shares means anything because Valentine still has majority shares if he got his back. I think she just hates Austin and thinks he's an affront to Edward's memory and what he build and in her crazy Q way, she's trying to defend that and she's been up front about that all that too. 

I think this is being played very interesting because Austin sees something (kindred-ry) in Leo (I think Austin is on the spectrum too that's why he sees it). Ned has always thought something was kind of not really sitting right, and so it makes sense to him. BLQ never thought anything was wrong with Leo and she's upset that he even brought it up, and thinks it's a tactic to distract the family with a diagnosis. And it would be one thing to think that BLQ was wrong in that - but we had the scene where Austin says he's very convincing to getting people listening to him. 

Also, also - BLQ flat out that maybe for Leo's sake it would be best if Leo saw a paediatric specialist. (not a regular peds doctor) - if she didn't care about anyone she wouldn't have offered that tidbit. (and i'll point out that was when Olivia started all "well screw you quatermaines" crap.) even with BLQ thinking Austin being full of it and dismissing what he said, she still is suggesting for Leo's sake to cross all the T's and dot all the I's. Just because BLQ can swat several flies with one hit doesn't mean she only cares about herself. 

but also also, anyway, like @tvgoddess said it's hard to really care about ELQ when they don't really... build it up like any normal business on soaps. we don't see people working there, we don't see extra dramas and stuff. it's usually people are at home. "Oh i am CEO now. Oh guess what I took over, I'm CEO now. Oh shareholder meaning, no one took over today yay!". so it's boring. once again the show has a great premise and just poops on it. 

2 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Why are Olivia and Brook Lyn so afraid to find out whether the kid is autistic or not? Minimum, they'll know if things need to be changed up for Leo.

Olivia might be. but again BLQ did say to Olivia point blank maybe Leo should be tested, and Olivia went screw you and ELQ and stormed off. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I can’t recall an episode where Olivia hasn’t annoyed me. It’s truly a talent because she’s not on nearly as much as others. She’s way too snarky about the Qs now and I seriously resent it considering how she worships the ground Sonny walks on. I always think we’re supposed to assume that Ned and the family are lucky to have her but I like him much more than her and I’m really over their pairing as of late. 

• Love 17
5 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Why are Olivia and Brook Lyn so afraid to find out whether the kid is autistic or not? Minimum, they'll know if things need to be changed up for Leo.

I almost hate this part of the story the most. Find out if there's something that needs attention! If Leo were coughing all the time, Olivia wouldn't think twice about taking him to the doctor. This shouldn't be any different. And it's pretty clear that if the show decides to do an autism story, it won't be a severe case. (TFGH, to try to have it both ways: "Look, we're doing a socially relevant story!" while making it as mild as possible so they don't have to put in the work.) And you know that if Leo is somewhere on the spectrum, in six months it will become a plot point that's rarely raised.

• Love 11

There are some cultures where there is a real stigma against mental illness* so I kind of understand Olivia being upset at the idea that Leo has autism but she really needs to calm down and get him checked out. It's not every kid that has a specific place for each pencil an eraser, as she pointed out today.

52 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Did Austin really break HIPPA rules? I suppose technically, as he had treated Leo, but Austin was always very clear he had no expertise in pediatric neurology.

He was very careful not to make a diagnosis. But he should not have told Brook Lynn that he suspected that it was autism. That was breaking HIPPA since he had treated Leo as his doctor and Brook Lynn was not Leo's parent. Although if Britt looks into it properly, Chase and Maxie will say that Brook Lynn deliberately went to him to ask him questions about it.

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

What's with the paperclip jewelry? Wholesale at Barney's or something?

I was very attracted to a pair of earrings at Joe Fresh the other day, and then I realized it was because they were an exact match for Ava's.

* there was a great paper by Wylan & Mintz in the 70s that showed that physical illness was not acceptable in Irish families but mental illness was (all the drinkers), while for Jewish families physical illness was okay but mental illness was not (because mental illness would get you noticed and persecuted).

• Useful 4
  • Love 3

Nina really needed to point out to Sonny that Mike had no interest in finding out who his family was.

I'm tired of the writers deliberately ignoring this part of the Nixon Falls story. Nina should be allowed to shout this in Carly's face every single day. She should get to toss it into Sonny's face every single day.

• Love 15

I'm really confused why Olivia was so shocked to overhear that Austin hinted that Leo has autism. What has she been in denial about since Austin brought a problem up? Today with BLQ she was like, "Oh, autism! Why didn't you guys just say that's what this was all about?"

ETA that for whatever reason, while "Nike" were a dud, "Nonny" have possibilities. I think it's because Sonny is a more familiar character to Mo, so he hems and haws a little less in his scenes. That gives CW a little more to spark with. 

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

There are some cultures where there is a real stigma against mental illness* so I kind of understand Olivia being upset at the idea that Leo has autism but she really needs to calm down and get him checked out.

So this also explains why she thought her love could cure Dante's PTSD. Or does she not think that PTSD is a mental health issue?

Oh, and there was her snarky "Leo is PERFECT."🙄

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Why isn't Esme in jail?  Everyone knows that Spencer was in the room at Windemere when Ava's car was torched.  "Spencer told me to do it." isn't much of a defense.  But then she wouldn't be able to intern at Ryan's.

• Useful 6
  • Love 3

I think Ava is getting her groove back. Yesterday she was practically giddy having Spencer arrested and today she relished needling Carly.  

Sonny is going to be quite busy cooking up a whole case of sauce for Jax. I mean, as far as I know he does not have a commercial co-packer.

Mo was actually... not terrible... in his scene with Nina. He was spitting tough guy orders but his body language got progressively softer. He made a point to brush his shoulder against her as he passed. I'm not giving out any Oscars or anything, but at least he was trying. Here's hoping he goes for Nina while Jason decides to commit to Brit leaving Carly at a table for one. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

That whole exchange between Nina and Sonny and his "rules" and "boundaries" was fucking hilarious. Am I the only one who got a good chuckle out of that? 

I’m probably in the minority, but I liked how Nina handled it. She didn’t cower which was refreshing. 

And hugely unpopular opinion,  but I’m a little invested in seeing how this goes. He’s not treating her as badly as I thought he would so if we get him truly conflicted, it could be interesting. 

*hides*

• Love 18
26 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Mo was actually... not terrible... in his scene with Nina. He was spitting tough guy orders but his body language got progressively softer. He made a point to brush his shoulder against her as he passed. I'm not giving out any Oscars or anything, but at least he was trying. Here's hoping he goes for Nina while Jason decides to commit to Brit leaving Carly at a table for one. 

I thought this in Nixon Falls, but I truly believe MB enjoys working with the Nina actress and it’s coming through in his acting in a positive way. Maybe that’s why I’m interested in them. Plus, Carly is awful. 

• Love 15
12 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

I’m probably in the minority, but I liked how Nina handled it. She didn’t cower which was refreshing. 

Sonny was the one who was hilarious. Nina was humoring him, and he genuinely seemed confused by the whole situation at one point during the conversation. He was talking and all I kept thinking was is this guy for real? I thought Nina handled him pretty well.

It felt like his anger at her was very much manufactured and he was setting the "rules" for Carly's sake.

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

I don't think that's a minority opinion. I felt like Nina was thinking, "Is this guy for real?" through Sonny's blustering, laughing internally (and kind of trolling him, which was great), and went along with it because it was easier (and more entertaining) than trying to push back, which would have been pointless anyway.

I forgot to mention this earlier, but I have a hard time believing Scott would willingly hire Jason to find Liesl. Scott doesn't dislike Jason as much as he dislikes Sonny, but it's safe to say there's no love lost there. It's a very awkward way to put Britt and Jason back together.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I forgot to mention this earlier, but I have a hard time believing Scott would willingly hire Jason to find Liesl. Scott doesn't dislike Jason as much as he dislikes Sonny, but it's safe to say there's no love lost there. It's a very awkward way to put Britt and Jason back together.

I don't think it has anything to do with him liking or disliking Jason. I think Scott wants Peter to wind up six feet under and Jason will put him there, no hesitation.

I think it's more of a the ends justifies the means sort of situation.

That said, yeah, you're right about how the writers are going about putting Britt and Jason back together. 

Also, Britt has had no hand shaking in a while. With all the stress she's been under, I'd think that would flare up for her, but it hasn't.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I'm really confused why Olivia was so shocked to overhear that Austin hinted that Leo has autism. What has she been in denial about since Austin brought a problem up? Today with BLQ she was like, "Oh, autism! Why didn't you guys just say that's what this was all about?"

which was dumb because i SWEAR Ned (while not saying autism) he basically all but said "dude if it ain't autism, he's on the spectrum).

2 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

I'm tired of the writers deliberately ignoring this part of the Nixon Falls story. Nina should be allowed to shout this in Carly's face every single day. She should get to toss it into Sonny's face every single day.

it needs to be on a billboard. with flashing lights. 

• Love 9

That and the fact that the AMNESIA (resulting from Sonny's fall while trying to murder Julian) stole the 9 months of Sonny's life. Not Nina! Yes, Nina should have let his family know where Sonny was but she had nothing to do with the amnesia.  This is what I want put on a flashing billboard! 

Edited by Liddy52
  • Love 17
6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Shut up with the Carly propping Olivia.I wonder if LLC gets tired of being limited to being a prop in other peoples stories.

Olivia reminded me of a middle school mean girl with the "what you are gonna do about it?  You know what you should do, you should totally send her a note and pretend it's from a boy and have her meet you behind the biology building and then we'll all beat her up when she gets there!  Wouldn't that be great?!?"

Sonny sounded like such a fool with his "rules" for Nina.  I like the way she handled it, with the "you get back to me with a list of where you'll be so I can avoid you."

Carly telling Jason she had a "run in" with Ava about Avery's custody--way to overblow it.  She literally thinks anyone who doesn't kiss her ass is the enemy. 

Jason: "It didn't feel right using your chair...but I was totally going to bang your wife."  Interesting thought process.

• LOL 13
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

He was very careful not to make a diagnosis. But he should not have told Brook Lynn that he suspected that it was autism. That was breaking HIPPA since he had treated Leo as his doctor and Brook Lynn was not Leo's parent. Although if Britt looks into it properly, Chase and Maxie will say that Brook Lynn deliberately went to him to ask him questions about it.

Would they, though?  Maxie might, but isn’t Chase the newest member of the “I Hate Austin” club?  He’ll take up for awful ass Brook Lynn.

• Love 2

I enjoyed the little moment of Brook practicing the rap she was going to use on Britt, gave me Kimberly Andrews feels.  But I also really liked Britt immediately sniffing out what Brook was up to.  Kelly Thiebaud and Amanda Setton have a fun dynamic, I would dig seeing them in scenes together more often.

So tired of Oliva's "You Quartermaines!" rants.  If you hate it so much, Liv, stop enjoying the perks and just leave and stay gone.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
10 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

I really hope that Sonny ends up with Nina, Jason ends up with Britt, Jax ends up with Brenda and Carly ends up all alone.  

Exactly what I was thinking....except for Jax and Brenda because I wasn't watching back then and don't know anything about that relationship.    BUT, I think seeing Carly end up without Sonny and Jason would be great.  

• Love 2
13 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Mo was actually... not terrible... in his scene with Nina. He was spitting tough guy orders but his body language got progressively softer. He made a point to brush his shoulder against her as he passed. I'm not giving out any Oscars or anything, but at least he was trying.

I felt the same way. I'm already bored of this triangle/quad they have going, but those were good scenes between Sonny and Nina yesterday. Mo played Sonny with some amount of vulnerability, which he hasn't done in a loooooong time.

12 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I don't think it has anything to do with him liking or disliking Jason. I think Scott wants Peter to wind up six feet under and Jason will put him there, no hesitation.

PLEASE! I would love a scene in which Peter starts to heem and haw with his usual Bond Villain monologue, only for Jason to shoot him mid-sentence. Someone has to put him out of his misery already. 

• Love 14
26 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

PLEASE! I would love a scene in which Peter starts to heem and haw with his usual Bond Villain monologue, only for Jason to shoot him mid-sentence. Someone has to put him out of his misery already. 

I would just love that to happen on any show where villains monologue.   What would be hilarious, though, is if Jason did that to Carly while she was going on and on and on about something stupid.  He finally snapped, LOL.  

• LOL 3

PLEASE! I would love a scene in which Peter starts to heem and haw with his usual Bond Villain monologue, only for Jason to shoot him mid-sentence. Someone has to put him us out of his our misery already. 

Fixed that for you.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

isn’t Chase the newest member of the “I Hate Austin” club?

Does he hate Chase? No one forced Chase to meddle in Q family politics. And Austin made it clear the decision was up to Chase whether to snoop around Edward's study. This show drives me nuts. Why make a point of certain actions only to completely ignore them later on? The writers do this all. the. time.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, superdeluxe said:

Would they, though?  Maxie might, but isn’t Chase the newest member of the “I Hate Austin” club?  He’ll take up for awful ass Brook Lynn.

True, Chase seems to have been coopted into the club (in spite of Austin being the person to talk him down after he saw the Bedroom of Adultery) for what appears to be Plot but he's been written as the Straight Arrow in the show so I hope he would tell the truth.

I wonder if the writers will take advantage of the setup of Austin getting Maxie to see that she is friends with Brook Lynn now immediately followed by BL stabbing Austin in the back. Will Maxie stand up for him to Brook Lynn ?  Will Austin want payback? Or will the writers just drop it and go with Olivia yelling "You Quartermaines!" between scenes of Carly and her men?

• Love 1
18 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

True.  Sonny gave her an opening to bring that up to him in the scene, and she didn't.  

It was absurd that Olivia acted like ending Crimson's lease would be reasonable to do in return for Nina's secret-keeping.  Crimson could just get other premises, and Carly would have to look for a new tenant.  

Another absurdity:  Scott claiming he had to catch the divorce papers before they were filed.  Soaps make so much out of "signing the divorce papers."  That only opens a case in the court - a lot more goes on before the decree, so it was hilarious to think that in soapland Port Charles, the mere filing causes an immediate divorce decree to issue.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Kim0820 said:

It was absurd that Olivia acted like ending Crimson's lease would be reasonable to do in return for Nina's secret-keeping.  Crimson could just get other premises, and Carly would have to look for a new tenant.

I didn’t really get that part. Nina doesn’t even own Crimson, she just manages it, so it be more of a problem for Jax than her and they can easily find a new office. It would just hurt Carly/Olivia if they can’t find another person to lease the office space. 

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, Kim0820 said:

Nina half-expected to get kicked out of the MetroCourt. It would hardly come as some huge shock.

I like how LW is playing this. Carly is dying for revenge, but she knows anything she does now, at least, will indeed make Nina the victim. We all know Carly won't be able to do nothing for long, and LW is nailing Carly's exasperation.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

That only opens a case in the court - a lot more goes on before the decree, so it was hilarious to think that in soapland Port Charles, the mere filing causes an immediate divorce decree to issue.  

On B&B it doesn't even require that! Apparently all one has to do is quit wearing his/her wedding ring and boom divorce happens!

I really hope that Sonny ends up with Nina, Jason ends up with Britt, Jax ends up with Brenda and Carly ends up all alone.  

I'd love it but it will never, ever happen. Sadly.

Edited by hypnotoad
  • Love 3