Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Probably. There's no real evidence he's still here because of her. As others have pointed out, if they were determined to keep him simply because of her, they could just give him a new role.

Could they? He might her boyfriend but he's not ME or RHo. I think he's leaving soon anyway. By January at least! So I am somewhere in between, I don't think he would have been on this long without LW but I don't think she has that much power they will give him another role or keep him on after they've gone this far with him.

• Love 1

I don't particularly want Peter to get killed but I do want him off screen writing Maxie notes reminding her how fucking stupid she was. Killing Peter off just gets Maxie to have to deal with any of the consequences again. Yes there is Louise but they are portraying Maxie having zero regrets about her so that isn't anything.

12 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Because if they weren't Dante should have said "eff it's Victor Cassadine!" since last time he saw Victor he set up Lulu to raped/pregnant against her will and a bunch of them killed.

Was that the one with Stavros where Dante's handcuffed to a table going "Noooo!!! Lulu!!!" ?

• Useful 1
35 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Oh will they kill off Drew even though they just recast him? The suspense.

I know. They're not hiring a well-known actor and killing him off like that. I suppose we should be grateful that for once the previews don't ruin a cliffhanger, but I'm not sure what's so secretive about what happens in the next episode, for us to get that as a preview. Are we getting a special episode with Drew dreaming underwater, his version of It's a Wonderful Life?Did the preview editor fall asleep and just tack on the last scene as a preview.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

The think the writers are keeping Peter on with more storyline to fu@k with Tristin Rogers. There is no other explanation. Wes Ramsey is like the Eveready Bunny. He goes on and on and on. I just can’t believe how many lives he has. Now, he has a machine gun and shoots scruff  with abs Drew. Peter not even in Maxie’s orbit right now so you know he’s going to be on a few more moths. It’s simply insane. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

I had a thought (eh, I know!)

So Valentin has been shot, Drew has been shot and is allegedly about to drown (they keep beating us over the head that he was a Navy Seal, so he should be fine). I think Anna and Robert are going to join the others (Leisl and the other woman) in the cells. I'm thinking that Victor, Sam and Dante will also become guests there. 

Enter Jason and still alive Drew. They have those two team up to rescue everyone and perhaps put a bullet in Peter, who will have leverage against them in the form of Sam. 

I'm assuming that Jason, Britt and Scott will take a supersonic plane that will get them to Crete inside a segment.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

So Valentin has been shot, Drew has been shot and is allegedly about to drown (they keep beating us over the head that he was a Navy Seal, so he should be fine). I think Anna and Robert are going to join the others (Leisl and the other woman) in the cells. I'm thinking that Victor, Sam and Dante will also become guests there. 

There are supposed to be a number of WSB agents in the mix as well, but I'm sure they'll decide to work for Peter instead for... reasons.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I had a thought (eh, I know!)

Enter Jason and still alive Drew. They have those two team up to rescue everyone and perhaps put a bullet in Peter, who will have leverage against them in the form of Sam. 

I'm assuming that Jason, Britt and Scott will take a supersonic plane that will get them to Crete inside a segment.

Yes, Jason must always be the one to rescue everybody.  Jeeeez, show!  Peter will get away and return to Port Chuck to get back his baby, who's about to enter high school.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
54 minutes ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Peter will get away and return to Port Chuck to get back his baby, who's about to enter high school.

You jest, I think, but given how much Frank seems to love Peter, I wouldn't at all be surprised if instead of finally being killed, Peter disappeared so that he can be pulled out again in the future to terrorize us as well as the citizens of Port Charles.

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Yes, Jason must always be the one to rescue everybody.  Jeeeez, show!  Peter will get away and return to Port Chuck to get back his baby, who's about to enter high school.

What I find funny in all of this is that Jason was kept out of this storyline even though Drew is his twin brother (not that he ever really cared or whatever). When Sam received the phone call, I thought that she was for sure going to go see Jason about it. Instead she shared with Dante, Anna and Valentin. 

Then I was hopeful. The days were beautiful and bright, the birds were singing, then Scott ruined e.v.er.y.t.h.i.n.g by convincing Britt that she had to go to Jason for help. 

And thus, our hero who heroes and who wears no capes and only black t-shirts will fly to the rescue of all the bumbling fools that Peter will have captured, showing the world once more that he so very awesome and then everyone will trip over their feet to thank him.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

You jest, I think, but given how much Frank seems to love Peter, I wouldn't at all be surprised if instead of finally being killed, Peter disappeared so that he can be pulled out again in the future to terrorize us as well as the citizens of Port Charles.

He'll definitely kidnap Bailey Lou right before she's ready to be SORAS'd for the 2030 Teen Scene, so they can do an "Is my child evil?" arc.

3 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

And thus, our hero who heroes and who wears no capes and only black t-shirts will fly to the rescue of all the bumbling fools that Peter will have captured, showing the world once more that he so very awesome and then everyone will trip over their feet to thank him.

Since it's impossible to choose in the conundrum of Peter's invincibility verses Jason's inability to lose, Peter will escape before Jason reaches Crete, so it won't be Jason's fault that Peter got away. Jason will take out all of Peter's thugs in a close range shoot out with ease though. 

• Love 7

What I find funny in all of this is that Jason was kept out of this storyline even though Drew is his twin brother (not that he ever really cared or whatever). When Sam received the phone call, I thought that she was for sure going to go see Jason about it. Instead she shared with Dante, Anna and Valentin. 

Then I was hopeful. The days were beautiful and bright, the birds were singing, then Scott ruined e.v.er.y.t.h.i.n.g by convincing Britt that she had to go to Jason for help. 

Idk some of this is coming off like a quick rewrite to me. Involving Jason in this SL at this point after making the fallout with Jarly such a nonevent looks suspicious. LW and SBu both mentioned in interviews/fan events that they knew romantic Jarly wasn’t popular with fans so I wouldn’t be surprised if the show knew and killed an upcoming story for them which left Jason free. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Useful 3
  • Love 8
23 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

LW and SBu both mentioned in interviews/fan events that they knew romantic Jarly wasn’t popular with fans

No, they certainly weren't. This version anyway. But it's pretty hard to spin weeks of Jason looking nauseated every time he was around Carly or that she mentioned the wedding to oh yes, we're in love that we buried 25 years ago! 🙄

On the positive side, I'm kind of loving Mr. Sheffield. He seems so unbothered by everything.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I agree.  Not nearly enough has happened with the Baby Switch for a reveal to happen.  And I don't think that Maxie would be willing expose the switch until after Peter is neutralized.  Here are a few things things that I think will happen before the switch is revealed:

1.) Austin will blackmail Brook Lynn using his knowledge about the switch to get her to withdraw her complaint and stop trying to sabotage his efforts to become involved in ELQ.

2.) Austin and Maxie grow closer with Maxie unaware that he's blackmailing BLQ 

3.) Chase and BLQ get together as a couple with Chase developing a step-father type bond with BaileyLou resulting in Valentin becoming jealous/insecure about that relationship causing some kind of conflict or custody battle

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, drtslim said:

I agree.  Not nearly enough has happened with the Baby Switch for a reveal to happen.  And I don't think that Maxie would be willing expose the switch until after Peter is neutralized.  Here are a few things things that I think will happen before the switch is revealed:

1.) Austin will blackmail Brook Lynn using his knowledge about the switch to get her to withdraw her complaint and stop trying to sabotage his efforts to become involved in ELQ.

2.) Austin and Maxie grow closer with Maxie unaware that he's blackmailing BLQ 

3.) Chase and BLQ get together as a couple with Chase developing a step-father type bond with BaileyLou resulting in Valentin becoming jealous/insecure about that relationship causing some kind of conflict or custody battle

you had me until #3- because i really don't want CLQ to be a couple. (I just think we're missing pure friendships and they have a great one).

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Involving Jason in this SL at this point after making the fallout with Jarly such a nonevent looks suspicious. 

Jason has known that Peter was involved with his five year stretch being held prisoner.  This is an all-too-rare instance where Jason is indeed a victim.  But yeah, another all-too-frequent example of the writers inability to maintain continuity with just one character.

• Love 4

Drew and other characters have brought up the Navy Seal thing more than once in the last few weeks. But when he first was told that he was Drew and about being a Navy Seal hero, he said it was useless because he had no memory of it.

I doubt this is an intriguing new development about his memory, though -- just sloppy writing.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, Daisy said:

you had me until #3- because i really don't want CLQ to be a couple. (I just think we're missing pure friendships and they have a great one).

I see where you're coming from; but I think that TPTB will be going there, and I'm intrigued by the tension that it could create within the story.

• Love 2

Dante describing Obrecht as a "crazy cat lady with nine lives" and Robert in disgust saying he will throw up in his mouth at Mr. Sheffield telling them about hooking up with Helena was worth the price of admission.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

So my thoughts were completely wrong, as per usual.

Of course, Peter now has GI Joe as his bodyguard. I guess the good thing is that Leisl is with him, so she might be able to refocus him.

And now some things make sense now from yesterday's episode. I thought I was missing scenes because I ffed through the Curtis/Portia/wanna be stalker scenes, but really, the whole thing was disjointed because this show wanted to give us a gotcha moment when Peter popped back up with Drew and Leisl. And give the guy a shirt to wear, for fucks sake.

As per usual, Peter is way smarter than everyone, way better at anticipating everywhere. Give him a medal!

There were some good lines, some good facial expressions, some of them mirrored mine and I did throw up a little in my mouth when Victor was talking about how he and Helena got together. Victor, Helena never cried a day in her life and especially not from pain. If there were tears, they were probably tears of rage.

Jason's reaction to Drew being alive was underwhelming. 

• Love 6

Portia: I want to keep my daughter safe so I won't let her anywhere near Spencer. However I'm totes okay with Joss, stepdaughter of the biggest mob boss, being her roommate and best friend. (There goes another character ruined on the altar of the Corinthos mob.)

I finally realized why the man in the hat is so familiar. It's Robert Gossett who played Chief Taylor on The Closer and Major Crimes.

I want Robert to come down hard on the WSB agent who let Sam and Dante go. There is a reason why orders are given.

I hope that Drew is just faking helping Peter because All-knowing Invincible Peter is getting very annoying.

7 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Jason's reaction to Drew being alive was underwhelming. 

It's Jason. Every reaction is underwhelming but this one was especially so.

Since the Cassadines have a habit of popping up alive even after they're dead, I wouldn't mind seeing Helena again.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12

"[Drew] can remember his daughter's name," which is more than Sam can do.

2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I finally realized why the man in the hat is so familiar. It's Robert Gossett who played Chief Taylor on The Closer and Major Crimes.

Thank you!

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I want Robert to come down hard on the WSB agent who let Sam and Dante go.

Didn't the WSB let Robert go?  He has no authority.  He's (inexplicably) the D.A. of Port Charles.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Nope…and don’t forget teleporting from some lake/river in Pennsylvania all the way to Crete…expensive tailored suit intact!

And a gun shot wound miraculously healed. 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, seasons said:

Could Drew possibly be faking still being mind controlled to get to Peter? 

I'm really praying this is the case because otherwise this is all nonsense.  

52 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

ason's reaction to Drew being alive was underwhelming

But Jason himself has come back from the dead, as has Sonny.  At this point, I get annoyed when anyone is shocked, SHOCKED I TELLYA, when someone shows up alive.  

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

Britt has chem with Nik.

I doubt I will ever support Sam ever again. I just don't care when the performance isn't there. Just blah.

Victor gives me butler vibes.

Valentin and Anna felt disconnected to me when he was just flown out from Greece.

Edited by Hater
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

"[Drew] can remember his daughter's name," which is more than Sam can do.

Sam is stupider than a box of rocks. Drew remembered Scout's name but that could have been years ago .

54 minutes ago, seasons said:

Could Drew possibly be faking still being mind controlled to get to Peter? 

I really hope so. I could get behind Drew and Obrecht taking Peter down withouy Jason . But I can't have nice things.

• Love 9

Robert says he has news about Drew and it's not good and Sam's reaction is to look irritated.  Oh, KeMo...

I really hope Drew is either faking or Obrecht can reverse hypnotized him when she comes to because if this story goes on for another few months I'm gonna lose it.

Portia confuses me.  Last time we saw her with Ava they were buddy/buddy and now she acts barely cordial, and coolly at that.  Pick a lane, lady.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

But Jason himself has come back from the dead, as has Sonny.  At this point, I get annoyed when anyone is shocked, SHOCKED I TELLYA, when someone shows up alive

I think soaps are sort of in a “rock and hard place” situation with back from the dead stories. It’s been done to death, so yeah, characters acting gobsmacked or like the very idea is preposterous, is annoying. But if characters just shrug their shoulders, it takes any emotional impact out of it. With Jason, his non-reaction makes sense, but was still annoying. He’s barely a humanoid and he never cared about Drew, twin or not. Still considering he’s supposed to love Monica and Scout, maybe he could have mustered up something more than mild disinterest.

31 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Portia confuses me.  Last time we saw her with Ava they were buddy/buddy and now she acts barely cordial, and coolly at that.  Pick a lane, lady.

Yeah, I get she’s frustrated with how Trina got hurt by Spencer’s actions and Nikolas’s bad parenting, but her giving Nik the stink eye for ages, telling Curtis she had made her peace with Ava, and acting like Ava was an acquaintance she barely tolerated was a bit much. It seemed like they had more than made peace with each other but we’re becoming friends. And given the secret she’s probably keeping from Trina, it’s hard to take her acting like she’s above reproach.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Um, today’s show was just dumb all over. Now, Portia doesn’t like Ava basically. What Portia should really hate is that red dress. It looks like a bathrobe. Just sayin…

Is JPS going on vacation or something? The aftermath of the shooting with Anna was rather anticlimactic and then the next thing she is saying Valentin is on a helicopter 🚁 with little to no emotion saying it. I guess/hope Drew is faking his mind control. The funny thing is I thought Valentin was going to be revealed he was wearing a bullet proof vest and here it’s Drew. The wardrobe department is saving a bundle on Cameron Mathewson’s non wardrobe. It’s amazing the shape he is in plus with good hair & good scruff. He’s even better looking now than he was on AMC and that was in the 90’s. I’ll take his fountain of youth anytime. It’s all the more amazing due to his health issues he has gone through and recovered from he seems like a nice guy. He’s a stud.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

It’s amazing the shape he is in plus with good hair & good scruff. He’s even better looking now than he was on AMC and that was in the 90’s. I’ll take his fountain of youth anytime. It’s all the more amazing due to his health issues he has gone through and recovered from he seems like a nice guy. He’s a stud.

I met him once back in his Ryan heyday (AMC). I got to give him a hug and everything. He’s even better looking in person, if that’s possible. Super nice and charming too. I was already a Ryan fan but that experience solidified it!

• Love 3

I saw the preview for tomorrow and now I wish I can unsee it. Has anyone missed Willow and Michael?

If you did, you need not reply to this. I like everyone on here and I still wanna keep liking everyone.

I'm also hoping that Drew is playing Peter, but Drew is also not the sort of person who will let someone just be shot. Drew was trying to throttle Peter, then he reappeared without his handcuffs, no longer shirtless and with guns. Then Mr. Navy Seal sees Valentin get shot and instead of taking cover, he just stands there and doesn't even fire his semi-automatic properly. Aim at the guy, Drew, not at your shoes. So yeah, I'm not sure. The show just seems to determined to keep Peter around. 

They can keep around, but keep him around off screen. 

He survived the fall, the freezer. Victor was helping him even though he knew Peter would turn on him. What kind of douche villainy is that Victor? I'm getting a kick out of the character. He's not Thaoo and that's fine, but GH is a mine field of stupid. I hate the way they twist the characters out of shape to try and make dumb ideas work.

• Love 6

I miss Billy Miller, but at least since Jason and Drew are both on GH at the same time, it's nice that they look more like they could plausibly have been twins, even factoring in the facial reconstruction on Drew. They have similar eyes, coloring and build. 

This is in the "won't happen b/c we can't have nice things" category, but it would be NICE if Monica or Jason get a chance to tell him more about his own younger days, which they learned from that whole Franco/Drew mind-meld thing that happened.  

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Didn't Ava say that the insurance company will cover the damage to the gallery?  So even if Ava withdraws her complaint, wouldn't the insurance company go after Spencer? In civil court if not in criminal.

I know you know what soap you're watching, but just in case. This is GH where 5 people who were presumed dead were undead within the last . . . well NINE months.

• LOL 10
5 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Robert in disgust saying he will throw up in his mouth at Mr. Sheffield telling them about hooking up with Helena was worth the price of admission.

This, and Robert's line yesterday to Sam in response to  her"you can't do this to me!!!" protest have been the true highlights! Sam being angry at Anna made me roll my eyes so hard. Honey, Anna is a WSB agent; you are a convinced felon out on parole. She may no longer be part of Sonny, Jason and Carly's world but she sure still has the entitled behavior. 

5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Of course, Peter now has GI Joe as his bodyguard. I guess the good thing is that Leisl is with him, so she might be able to refocus him.

I am really hoping it's at least in part an act, since Drew shot the guy who was holding Valentin at gun point and he and Valentin were making their way across the bridge together when Peter shot Drew in the bullet-proof vest.

5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I hope that Drew is just faking helping Peter because All-knowing Invincible Peter is getting very annoying.

Same here.  The idea that Peter can shoot both Valentin and Drew multiple times and escape while Robert shooting didn't hit Peter once is absurd. Considering all the experience Anna and Robert have dealing with Faison, no way could this ridiculous Daddy wannabe outmaneuver them (again). 

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

'm also hoping that Drew is playing Peter, but Drew is also not the sort of person who will let someone just be shot. Drew was trying to throttle Peter, then he reappeared without his handcuffs, no longer shirtless and with guns. Then Mr. Navy Seal sees Valentin get shot and instead of taking cover, he just stands there and doesn't even fire his semi-automatic properly. Aim at the guy, Drew, not at your shoes. So yeah, I'm not sure. The show just seems to determined to keep Peter around. 

They can keep around, but keep him around off screen. 

Drew didn't "let" Valentin get shot. Peter was toward the side and then in back of them. I think the storyline is aiming to show that Drew is trying to fight the conditioning, and also wants to take Peter down. He can't do that if Peter gets away and/or lets Peter kill Obrecht, who has empathy for Drew and is the one person who has a strong understanding of Faison's mind control work.

Totally agree about keep Peter off screen. Shove him back in the freezer and lock it this time!

• Love 5

So Valentine is an heir. Can't wait to see Spencer's and Nikolas reaction. Alexis will be happy. 

Jason reaction to someone not being dead is funny. He doesn't bat an eye in shock.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Jason reaction to someone not being dead is funny. He doesn't bat an eye in shock.

Jason reacts to everything like that.  Maybe his batteries need recharging?

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

If Drew is faking why not just put a bullet in Peter's head?! NOW! Why do they need to go on a road trip first?! The smile on Peter's face was like they were gonna cruise down to Burning Man or something, not that they were fleeing a compound that is supposedly surrounded by WSB agents. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2

I continue to really enjoy the spikey exes rapport every time Britt and Nikolas interact.  Not sure I love that Britt was willing to trade on her relationship with Spencer the way she was suggesting to get information out of Nik, though.

Also, can it please be a new day so my girl can change out of that turtleneck, thanks.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

Jason reacts to everything like that.  Maybe his batteries need recharging?

Yeah, wake me if Jason ever DOESN'T react like that. That has been his M.O. for a quarter of a century now...

• Love 5