Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, lb60 said:

They killed Neil?

Those bastards!!

Seriously, show. WtheactualF?

I hate this damn show.

He was one of the few decent men on the show, but I think the actor was never fully committed and always saw GH as a side thing until something better came along.

• Love 5

Laura Wright has amazing hair. Also, I don’t know why Kelly Monaco felt the need to enhance herself. She looked fine before. Now, she’s all out there. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

You are, and she did. (Well, she came in the next morning with coffee and Neil was dunzo.)

Huh.  I mean...props for doing something legitimately surprising for a change, but...huh?

But what does this mean for Alexis?  Back to Julian?

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Huh.  I mean...props for doing something legitimately surprising for a change, but...huh?

But what does this mean for Alexis?  Back to Julian?

I don’t see how with the way they’ve been writing Julian. Maybe if they have her spiraling out of control from this but otherwise, I can’t see it happening. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Linny said:

My GOD do I hate Sam. Did she think Valentin freakin' Cassadine would have no ulterior motives in cutting her a deal? Her sanctimonious attitude is insufferable. It is not Valentin's fault that she's too dumb to see beyond the tip of her nose, and besides, it's clear she doesn't really care about anything other than Jason anyway. 

He should've asked her if she regretted doing it then.  Because, without a doubt, her answer would be no because Jason, Jason, Jason, so all her self-righteousness is all just a load of crap. 

Laura Wright has amazing hair.

She's got a lot of it, but it's looking like a garden that needs weeding right about now.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2

yeah- what is up with the sore wrist?  Is this to compensate for some real-life injury or something?    Totally unpopular opinion, but I'd love for Julien and Alexis to hook up again.  It's not real life, it's a soap- wilder things happen (like ice storms that freeze the world) all the time.

• Love 3

Wow, for the first time in so long I can't even remember.... I did not see that coming! Since they never actually got to be a couple, I'm not too broken up. If it creates a "dark" Alexis story, then I guess it could be interesting. Definitely, it will crack the door back open for Julian ...and to be fair, that poor shlub needs a crack!  

Sonny's visits with Mike are so fucking painful. At least he's stopped yelling at Mike, and just quietly orders Mike to squeeze his hand and look at him and stop listening to his music and shit. Oh, and he tells Mike: "Looks like you've lost some weight." OMG Sonny, please never visit me when I am dying!!!!

I actually burst out laughing when CD was trying (so damn hard) to make that "I heart you" moony face at Willow. FAIL!!!! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Hater said:

He was one of the few decent men on the show, but I think the actor was never fully committed and always saw GH as a side thing until something better came along.

First off, I was totally shocked by this. Secondly, did I miss the spoiler on this because I had no clue. Thirdly, Neil was looking all hot before death did him in. The beard and the body. WTF? I do wonder if it was FV idea or the actor who plays Neil?! Neil and Alexis were great together. Now, I’m assuming Alexis will become a raging alcoholic and I guess Jullian will save Alexis from herself, right? I still can’t believe they killed Neil off and didn’t tell me in advance. LOL!!!!!

• Love 8

I am so, so, so pissed off that they killed Neil. Why kill him? Why not just send him off to Africa or someplace to do volunteer work? I'm really tired of Alexis going dark and drinking, it seems that we just had that a few years ago and she hasn't had a decent storyline of her own since.

That Sam and Jason, and Michael and Willow, are together and happy now is just salt in the wound.

2 hours ago, nilyank said:

So Nelle lost her half of the necklace. Oh how would will the show ever connect her as the owner to the other half of Nina's. No one has seen or remembers Nelle wearing it.

Nelle's necklace was snagged on a twig. The police are searching the area so I"m expecting them to find it, whereupon which Nina will realize that Nelle is her daughter and can reproach herself endlessly without actually having to interact with Nelle.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Laura Wright has amazing hair. Also, I don’t know why Kelly Monaco felt the need to enhance herself. She looked fine before. Now, she’s all out there. 

I never really "get" lip jobs. I guess maybe someone has had a good one and it was so subtle that I didn't notice. If you notice, it's usually bad. Lips do get thinner as a person ages, and it really seems to bother actresses. For example, I thought Barbara Hershey was so naturally beautiful in Hannah and Her Sisters and Tin Men, and then I remember suddenly she became Lips Inc. around the time of Scorsese's Jesus movie. And it was all you could see! Completely unbalanced her features.  

They're talking so much about Alexis's damn sprained wrist that I'm wondering if now her cancer is back and it's metastatic to bone. The woman is Job-like.  

On 8/28/2020 at 4:44 PM, YaddaYadda said:

Jax is stupid. These characters are 100% tainted. 

I know, right? Jax is spending so much time around the Corinthi that his IQ seems to have dropped by 100 points. Even Carly realizes that their attempts at cover-ups have never worked out.

14 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Am I to understand that Alexis screwed a guy to death today?!?!?!?!?!

There was something about the way that scene was blocked and shot that immediately told me Neil was a goner. Jeez.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 1

My GOD do I hate Sam. Did she think Valentin freakin' Cassadine would have no ulterior motives in cutting her a deal? Her sanctimonious attitude is insufferable.

Shocking how easy it was for Valentine to completely play the supposed con artist. 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Nelle's necklace was snagged on a twig. The police are searching the area so I"m expecting them to find it, whereupon which Nina will realize that Nelle is her daughter and can reproach herself endlessly without actually having to interact with Nelle.

I would absolutely love it Nina found out Nelle was her lost daughter, realized it was better to let sleeping dogs lie and her life was better without Nelle in the first place, and that's the last we hear about the Nina-long-lost-daughter story.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

They're talking so much about Alexis's damn sprained wrist that I'm wondering if now her cancer is back and it's metastatic to bone. The woman is Job-like.  

I’ve never thought about it before but that is true. This show loves having her go through multiple horrible things at once so giving her cancer again along with being disbarred and a dead bf would be fitting. Though I thought they were setting her up for a prescription pain addiction instead. 

This may be mean of me, but I thought Mooby was talking to a dead Mike at first until Mike turned his head. Then after Mooby gave the self serving statement about wanting Mike to live forever and then saying it was Mike’s choice to go, I was hoping he would pass and then have Mooby realize he was talking to a dead body. Those scenes, even while fast forwarding, are EXCRUCIATING  to watch.

I know it’s a soap. Or supposed to be. But it’s only been a few weeks since SLS and Weeping Willow got married, but for her to be all reciprocating his kissing her just has me 🙄🙄🙄. Because she was/is(?)(or does the love stop immediately after “seeing” the cheating)) in love with Chase-but, okay. Married. Rebound. I could probably buy it if I hadn’t seen how much in love she and Chase were. I just 🤢🤢🤢 at the previews and what she said.

But HOLY SEXY TIMES, BATMAN! I didn’t expect Neil to die! And with COVID, Show can’t even have Alexis shake him or try CPR! Instead, Alexis is screaming at who? for someone to help!

And it can’t be said enough: STFU, Sam!! What did she think Valentin was going to do with the proxies? And as long as she got to be and see Jaysus, that’s all she cared about and why she signed them. She didn’t ask him to not fire that useless piece of a SLS nor did she qualify that he had to save GH. She got what she wanted. And Sasha had nothing to do with it. 

Neeenaaaa can also STFU, with her judging since she wasn’t above doing reprehensible and underhanded shit.  Show can try to spin it, but the recast and the new clingy and whiny Nina, doesn’t erase her own past actions.

Never would I thought that I’d be on Valentin’s side!

And was I supposed to feel sorry for the SheBeast and the way these hacks are writing her as unable to lie with difficulty? PUHLEAZE.🙄🙄🙄😒😒😒😒😒

And don’t get me started on the conflict of interest with Valerie, her cousin, taking her statement. Since it appears only she and Chase are the only detectives, it should have been Chase questioning her. Oh, wait. Forgot that he’s pretty much in their pocket, what with always telling them status of investigations that involve Nelle-as it’s also a conflict for him, due to his own history with her.

Shebeast’s handwringing and tears just had me 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 5

Is Sam going to get the same amount of shit that Brook Lynn got for selling the proxies? At least Brook Lynn was in a desperate situation and didn't know that Valentin was the one buying her shares. Sam couldn't even wait 2 years to be with Jason to sell out the Qs? Of course Carly won't be mad because it was spoils laid at Jason's feet and we all know Michael doesn't care.  I still want Brook Lynn to be the one to figure a way out of the Valentin shit and for Tracy (since Ned sometimes drinks the Jason kool aid) to rub it Monica's face that her grandkid saved ELQ while Michael couldn't even monitor the situation. 

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Is Sam going to get the same amount of shit that Brook Lynn got for selling the proxies?

Of course not, because Sam was doing it for Jason, the town savior. BL was a selfish jerk, looking out only for herself.

The double standard is never so annoying than in cases like this.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I would absolutely love it Nina found out Nelle was her lost daughter, realized it was better to let sleeping dogs lie and her life was better without Nelle in the first place, and that's the last we hear about the Nina-long-lost-daughter story.

Nina only finding out after Nelle was dead would be actually daring, like what "EastEnders" in the UK did with Ronnie finding out about her daughter Danielle and then seconds later seeing her get mowed down by a car.

But nope, that dangling thread probably means Nelle is somehow alive, pfft.

• Love 2

Apparently Olivia has boobs.  I didn't know before today when they walked into the room before she did.  Yikes, she and Ned first walked into the room, the left one looked like it had actually fallen out of the dress and she sorted of straightened her body to jiggle it back in.  Between those girls and Sam's gi-freakin-normous lips, I just couldn't today.  Also, someone is playing us with that bowl of moss on the kitchen counter because it was 9988 times bigger than the last time we saw it.  Also, no way someone in end stages of life like Mike is, not having eaten in what seems to be weeks, would have the ability to sit in a wheelchair and go to the track.  Though I'm putting money on Mike dying at the track since he loved the ponies so much. UGH

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

Hello, Moss, our old friend! You're looking splendid.

I had to LOL at all of the lighthearted talk about Mike and the ponies, when he was CONSTANTLY in debt and in trouble, and that was one of the main points of conflict between Mike and Sonny. Mike was a gambling addict. I know they don't want to harp on Mike's problems at this point, but I think a little acknowledgement wouldn't be amiss.

This business with the necklace: Why does Nina think the jeweler would have given away the other half? I thought i was established that Madeline had the necklace made. How would the jeweler know who Madeline gave it to?

• Love 8

They keep stretching and stretching the Mike storyline (well the Sonny storyline is more apt). Dear writers, even an elastic breaks at some point. Please get me out of my misery with this already.

So this artisan made the tacky heart pendant, not the chain, right? I was doing more productive things while Nina was babbling on about the necklace, her child, the necklace necklace necklace necklace necklace necklace . . . BABY!!!!!! 

Jewler: I make necklaces like that all the time. There's a bunch of them in circulation.

Nina: But my mother, my baby!

STFU with that, Nina. Give the woman an actual storyline.

Where's Chase? Valerie is all over the place all of a sudden. 

Willow's dress was fug. The color looked good on her, the dress, not so much. Tomorrow, she'll be wearing a floor length dress and a bonnet. I guess that's what happens when someone gets together with Michael the eavesdropper. Also, did we need a flashback to the non-kiss? Seriously, show. Give me a goddamn break! 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

Also, someone is playing us with that bowl of moss on the kitchen counter because it was 9988 times bigger than the last time we saw it.  

I'm glad someone else noticed that it seemed larger. I was wondering if it was just me. Maybe it will keep on growing and eventually swallow the whole Corinthi clan.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

Between those girls and Sam's gi-freakin-normous lips, I just couldn't today. 

and Carly's extra thin lips??? or something seemed different about LW's face.  I didnt watch the last couple of days but are the scratches on Carly's face from Nelle? Wont Sonny wonder what she did to her face?  I didn't finish watching after the stupid scene of Willow talking to Wiley/baby monitor about kissing Michael

and yes the only exciting thing in today's show was wondering if Olivia was going to have a full on wardrobe malfuntion!

Edited by Blackie
eta
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Okay . . . I am really going to need Brook Lynn to grow the heck up! She acts like she's 5-years old! I have ZERO sympathy for her, and I hate that Ned is being this apologetic. He had EVERY right to be upset w/her for what she did w/the shares and to kick her out. I understand he doesn't care now, but he wasn't wrong when he tossed her butt out the door!  Brook Lynn was being extremely selfish  and short-sighted when she sold those shares.  And her reasoning was ridiculous b/c Ned TRIED to get her out of her contract. It's not like he thumbed his nose at her. He tried to help. What did she want him to do?!?! She signed the contract. I cannot stand BLQ. She is an ungrateful, selfish brat.  Not even almost dying had an impact on her nasty attitude. I just can't w/her. She's like 35-years old! GROW UP!

Are they aiming for more Emmys for Max Gail for something? The world is depressing enough w/o having to watch Mike literally slowly die on camera. It's just too much! I actually like Sonny taking him to see the horses though. Mike did love to gamble. 

Am I supposed to think Carly actually cares about Nelle? I really don't understand why she's no upset. This is the same woman who locked Nelle on the roof to freeze to death! But now, she's so troubled by seeing Nelle fall.  Carly tried to pull the girl up. The girl fell. It's not like Carly let her go and or had to choose btw saving her and a puppy or something. This seems very uncharacteristic for Carly. Seems like this is just being written to push CarJax together. 

I tried to watch some Millow scenes - give them a fair chance - and I just cannot with them. They are boring.  One of them needs to be quirky or dynamic in some way. They bring the exact same energy to scenes. It's not good . . . . at least not for me. 

I'm so over Nina's daughter, and I say that as a Nelle fan. I'm sick of hearing about it.  I'm sick of seeing that stupid necklace. They need to wrap up that storyline. At this point, I don't care how they wrap it up - just give her a daughter and be done w/it!  

ETA: Oh, yeah, I can't believe I forgot about Alexis. I'm no Alexis fan, but I did feel bad for her. Poor Neil! That was actually the most surprising thing GH has done in a long time. 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 14
19 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I didnt watch the last couple of days but are the scratches on Carly's face from Nelle? Wont Sonny wonder what she did to her face? 

Yes, they fought and fell and Nelle kicked her in the face.  Sonny is all about Sonny, so he wont' notice or will think they've been there all along!

7 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I am really going to need Brook Lynn to grow the heck up! She acts like she's 5-years old!

THIS.  SO MUCH THIS.  I was hoping that with the near death experience and Ned begging her not to die last week that she would grow up and be a normal person.  But nope.  Even with the ipad to communicate she's still a raging biatch.  

• Love 9

Yes on Brook Lynn! Why is she still being a brat? Really? Ned had every right to kick her out and he didn't disown her. People on FB were saying Ned needs to back off and let her calm down and what not, she's not a little girl anymore. Well she sure acts like it! How do y'all not see that? I get feeling sorry for her cause had her throat slit, but she brought EVERYTHING  on herself. She wasn't a hero for confronting Nelle. Things wouldn't have gone as far as they did if she had just called the cops or something. 

Yay Michael and Willow are gonna get together! 🙄🤢🥱😴 They are just so boring! Why is anyone rooting for them? Willow has just become this even more sweet, angelic, perfect princess. And I can't stand it. Chase and Sasha need to come clean. Willow, back to the hot guy and get some edge please. Lol

• Love 10
43 minutes ago, Blackie said:

and Carly's extra thin lips??? or something seemed different about LW's face.  I didnt watch the last couple of days but are the scratches on Carly's face from Nelle? Wont Sonny wonder what she did to her face?  I didn't finish watching after the stupid scene of Willow talking to Wiley/baby monitor about kissing Michael

and yes the only exciting thing in today's show was wondering if Olivia was going to have a full on wardrobe malfuntion!

LW's hair takes over her entire face.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
53 minutes ago, Blackie said:

and Carly's extra thin lips??? or something seemed different about LW's face.  

LW normally gets lip injections. She must not have gotten them done again in the last few months. If you look at old pics of her, she has pretty thin lips. 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Olivia is one to talk about solid decision-making skills. Sneaking in to see Dante because he's not improving at a rate that she deems satisfactory? That's not exactly using the old noggin.

I mean Olivia had the audacity to tell Ned that he needs to let BLQ figures things out as she recuperates even as she pushes Ned away. Meanwhile Olivia is going to see Dante even though he has made it clear that he does not want to see her or wants any of her letter.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
31 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I'm a lover of LW's hair 🙂

She has very healthy thick hair but it's a lot especially on days when Carly is not put together, it takes over. She needs to have it thinned out and cut shorter imo.    My hair is like that too and the thinning only last a few days but it helps to give the hair some structure and less weight.  

Also they should let her wear it naturally sometimes as well.  Her hair is curly. I think the flat iron/drier all the time on the hair is not the best.    LW seems to not get as much damage from the iron but someone like Becky, who also has natural curls, you can see how fried her hair has gotten at some points on this show.

Edited by Hater
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, lala2 said:

Okay . . . I am really going to need Brook Lynn to grow the heck up! She acts like she's 5-years old! I have ZERO sympathy for her, and I hate that Ned is being this apologetic. He had EVERY right to be upset w/her for what she did w/the shares and to kick her out. I understand he doesn't care now, but he wasn't wrong when he tossed her butt out the door!  Brook Lynn was being extremely selfish  and short-sighted when she sold those shares.  And her reasoning was ridiculous b/c Ned TRIED to get her out of her contract. It's not like he thumbed his nose at her. He tried to help. What did she want him to do?!?! She signed the contract. I cannot stand BLQ. She is an ungrateful, selfish brat.  Not even almost dying had an impact on her nasty attitude. I just can't w/her. She's like 35-years old! GROW UP!

Are they aiming for more Emmys for Max Gail for something? The world is depressing enough w/o having to watch Mike literally slowly die on camera. It's just too much! I actually like Sonny taking him to see the horses though. Mike did love to gamble. 

Am I supposed to think Carly actually cares about Nelle? I really don't understand why she's no upset. This is the same woman who locked Nelle on the roof to freeze to death! But now, she's so troubled by seeing Nelle fall.  Carly tried to pull the girl up. The girl fell. It's not like Carly let her go and or had to choose btw saving her and a puppy or something. This seems very uncharacteristic for Carly. Seems like this is just being written to push CarJax together. 

I tried to watch some Millow scenes - give them a fair chance - and I just cannot with them. They are boring.  One of them needs to be quirky or dynamic in some way. They bring the exact same energy to scenes. It's not good . . . . at least not for me. 

I'm so over Nina's daughter, and I say that as a Nelle fan. I'm sick of hearing about it.  I'm sick of seeing that stupid necklace. They need to wrap up that storyline. At this point, I don't care how they wrap it up - just give her a daughter and be done w/it!  

ETA: Oh, yeah, I can't believe I forgot about Alexis. I'm no Alexis fan, but I did feel bad for her. Poor Neil! That was actually the most surprising thing GH has done in a long time. 

Preach it!!

• Love 2

Holy crap, Sam could've been replaced by a plank of wood today and it wouldn't have made a difference. She was giving NLG NOTHING, it was actually quite hilarious. Alexis is having a literal emotional breakdown and the best Sam could manage was a neutral face and an awkward hug and pat on the back. Can they fire KM already?

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Did Willow get her dress from the old wardrobe of the 1970's movie "The Stepford Wives?"  Yikes!

Well that’s pretty much what is is now (Stepford wife).  She had a lot more personality with Chase.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, lala2 said:

He had EVERY right to be upset w/her for what she did w/the shares and to kick her out.

He has every right to be upset but he had no right to kick her out of Monica's house. I miss those arguments where Monica pointed out that it was her house. 

1 hour ago, lala2 said:

What they should do is:

They find the necklace and Nina realizes that Nelle was her daughter and now she's dead. She will be so full of anguish. But really Nelle got the necklace because Willow's mother gave it to Shiloh because he wanted an important secret from her. She never told Willow she's adopted. Nelle just found it in his effects after he died and Willow didn't even know it about it.     

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

Laura Wright’s hair makes me nuts. It’s too thick, too long and hang down in her face ALL OF THE TIME!  Find a good hairstylist and get a good haircut, LW. The constant swiping your hair out of your face is just stupid, woman. Look into the mirror, woman.

• Love 3

Willows dress & color were all sorts of wrong. Maybe, wardrobe wasn’t up & running that day. Way ugly.

Why am I still in shock that Neil is dead-dead?! he was such a great somewhat dry character. The actor was so anti daytime actor-ish.....if that makes sense. Then you throw in his chemistry with NLG and his beard and then FV f’ing kills him? For what? Another Alexis is a drunk storyline? How about Neil & Alexis as a fun Jonathan & Jennifer Hart (I may be dating myself) fun couple who go around solving mysteries in between their love of the theater?! WTF? Everything else is gloom and doom on this show. How about a little fun Valentini? Such a waste. 

Does Monica know her beloved turncoat son Jason almost died and has a bad haircut to prove it? Just saying. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 17

Awww, moss. Look how you've grown. :-)

I'm going to need Brook Lynn to grow up.

I hope Mike croaks at the track. 

Still pissed about Neil. Let's get rid of the good looking guy who can actually act. Good call, show.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, teenj12 said:

Alexis is having a literal emotional breakdown and the best Sam could manage was a neutral face and an awkward hug and pat on the back.

I really want to know what Lindsay Morgan (that was her name right?) would have done with that scene.  She had good chemistry with NLG, right from the get go.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I FF'd everything but Alexis today ...and I were fast enough with the FF, I would have FF'd the Sam part of even those scenes. UGH.

I think the show is doing a huge disservice to people dealing with loved ones with advanced alz. To think someone at the stage where they haven't eaten, aren't talking, and mostly sit mouth agape staring off into space can get in a wheel chair and go the track is absurd. I hope other people don't think they are losers for not taking their loved ones out of the care center and going on a picnic or something! 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7