Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Why must the show insist on Olivia ~singing with Ned?  No offense to Lisa Locicero, but that auto-tuning was working overtime.

I think the same thing every year. LLC always looks cute during these performances but she can’t sing at all so I don’t get why they insist on a duet with them every year. Ned’s better solo or with  another character that can carry a tune like he used to do in all of the NBs before he and Olivia got together. 

• Love 3

Valentin is the smug prince of PC so I had no problem with Willow getting in his face. Something she would do - and has actually done - even without being married to Michael. I found his line back to her condescending.

Brook-Lynn was such an idiot, but her behavior with Nelle was in character. I'm honestly surprised that she just didn't start slapping her instead of saying she was going to get someone else. She always thinks she's the toughest person in the room. She should have called the cops before. She knows Nelle is a psycho. 

I think Julian is actually dumber than Brook-Lynn. They've been writing him as such as trifling coward. He should not be this afraid of Sonny. And, if he is this afraid of Sonny, it makes no sense that he'd compound the issue of keeping Wylie away from Michael by actually kidnapping Wylie. And, to add to his stupidity, he should realize Nelle is making him do it so she has an alibi in case things go south. Just like she pinned the baby switch on Brad, she would pin this on Julian. Though that's out the window now that she's stabbed Brook-Lynn.

I would love to believe that this is Nelle's exit story but since they're hinting heavily she's Nelle's daughter, it doesn't make sense. Unless we find out she's not and the necklace is a big coincidence. I suppose they could be setting it up that Nina finds out Nelle's her daughter and finds a way to get Nelle out of trouble once she gets caught.

I have no idea where they're going with this Nik/Ava/Franco/Liz stuff. I suppose it should be nice that a storyline is unpredictable, but it just seems like -as usual - the writers just don't know where they're going with this. Franco being this insanely jealous is in character. But Liz is just being insufferable when it comes to Ava and her attitude about Franco's art stuff. Then again, insufferable is in character for Liz. It doesn't make sense for Nik - knowing about the infidelity clause - to be this out there with going after Liz and trying to rile up Franco. Even if part of the motivation was to goad Ava by giving away so much money, it's still stupid. 

• Love 2

Okay . . . so as a (former maybe) Friz fan, I have just re-watched their scenes this week and last week b/c I have been trying to see if I could figure  out what Elizabeth's damage is? LOL! I honestly do not get her. Franco has been looking at her longingly, lovingly, and adoringly, and she's just been giving him the stank face. He even asked her if she was angry w/him, and she just gave him a snarky reply. 

Can someone please explain to me why she is so angry and upset? She thinks Franco is embracing his past because he wants to do art?!?! Or she's upset b/c he thinks fondly of how ppl rec'd his art back in the day?!? Or she doesn't want him to want to create art like he did in the past (without the murder or course)?!?! I honestly don't know. The rambling in Jason's room didn't make it clear to me either. It doesn't help that I haven't really seen Franco do anything other than paint a portrait for Ava. That's literally all the man did. 

Some may disagree but I can completely understand Franco desiring to create art he truly likes as he used to do or to be seen as a great artist again. What's wrong with that? There is part of him that believes his genius was tied to the tumor, and that the art he creates now is not the same. He may not care for the art he creates now and prefers how he used to be. Is that a problem? I'm not an artist but I can understand his thinking. I don't think Elizabeth she be so mad about that. Maybe she could try talking to him w/o making a whole lot of assumptions. LOL! 

And as far as the scholarship goes - Liz has had major attitude ever since Ava asked Franco to paint her portrait. She didn't like the unveiling ceremony either. So, if Franco was upset w/Nikolas . . . okay. It's the same thing IMO. Plus, Nikolas is actually flirting w/Franco's wife! They almost kissed like a day ago!  Franco hasn't been overtly flirting w/Ava.  

Edited by lala2
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, lala2 said:

And as far as the scholarship goes - Liz has had major attitude ever since Ava asked Franco to paint her portrait.

A better scholarship would have been in Robin's name. She's the face of HIV in Port Charles' community.

But I know why they did it--because it's the front line workers during this pandemic that are working very hard.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I would love to believe that this is Nelle's exit story but since they're hinting heavily she's Nelle's daughter, it doesn't make sense. Unless we find out she's not and the necklace is a big coincidence. I suppose they could be setting it up that Nina finds out Nelle's her daughter and finds a way to get Nelle out of trouble once she gets caught.

I'm one of the few here who hates Nelle (and currently hate her even more for making me root for - or at least,not against - Carly and Michael) so I'm still hoping this is her exit story. Willow said her mom didn't believe in holding on to things so maybe Nelle picked it up in a pawn shop and it is Willow's. Not likely, but I'm hoping it's something like that. Or maybe she dies and then Nina finds out. That could make things more interesting than the current path it appears things are on. If Julian pulls that trigger, I will forgive the writers for almost everything (except killing off Alan).

I'm glad Franco and Elizabeth figured out what Nik and Ava are up to. The writing for them was atrocious this week.

That last number today was very... squeaky.

• Love 4

Show, Epiphany is not my favourite person at GH. In fact, she may just be the last on the list.  The logic was all wrong too. If the point was to show appreciation, banging on drums every night shows that.  Asking for money is because health agencies can't afford to buy enough PPE.

Is this Nelle's swan song?  I don't see how she can recover from slicing Brooklyn. If she'd just shoved Brook Lyn and Brookie hit her head, that might have save her.

Why is Wylie not wearing a shirt in bed? We're supposed to believe that Michael and Willow are the greatest parents evah.

3 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

But I know why they did it--because it's the front line workers during this pandemic that are working very hard.

I think it's because Nik is doing it deliberately to goad Ava in the dysfunctional game they're playing. It's not a scholarship for front line workers but for nurses specifically.

28 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Can someone please explain to me why she is so angry and upset? She thinks Franco is embracing his past because he wants to do art?!?! Or she's upset b/c he thinks fondly of how ppl rec'd his art back in the day?!? Or she doesn't want him to want to create art like he did in the past (without the murder or course)?!?! I honestly don't know. The rambling in Jason's room didn't make it clear to me either. It doesn't help that I haven't really seen Franco do anything other than paint a portrait for Ava. That's literally all the man did.

For the plot, I hope. I usually like Elizabeth but I hate what she's doing here. That "it's all Ava's game and Nik is innocent and pure of heart"; yeah, he really bought her loyalty with that scholarship.

If I understand it, she wants Franco's past buried and never to be brought up again. On the other hand, Franco accepts that it's a part of him, and being a well-paid painter is something that he'd like to be again. Pragmatically, he says Why not use his past because people are never going to forget it? Oh, and Liz also thinks she's an artist too so what she says goes.

Liz, honey, go to therapy ..

• Love 5

Who lets a toddler sleep in an air conditioned mansion without a little t shirt or something? Duh.

the holes in these storylines are so big and so shaky. Reminds me of stories we wrote in 8th grade creative writing.

thanks for the info about the nurse's cap on the t shirt. I still think the shirts are lame, could have been so much better. Again, 8th grade level of skill (and effort too perhaps).

Getting sliced in the face renders you unconscious? 😕

I have a heart of stone b/c every time they panned to Brook Lynn's body lying on the floor - I just didn't care. LOL! Brook Lynn was an idiot to confront Nelle in the way she did, esp. w/Mac and presumably Jordan at this function. And not to mention the Corinthos clan was there. If she told them what she overheard, they would have been on it! I'm not saying she deserved to have her throat slashed, but I didn't care that it happened. LOL! 

I just don't understand what Liz has against Ava and why she thinks it's only Ava playing them. Why wouldn't she assume Nikolas and Ava are playing them both?!?! It's an infidelity clause so it works both ways, Elizabeth! 

I will forever be Team Nelle (mostly b/c I find her entertaining and I loathe Michael and his mommy), but if Julian did shoot her, I wouldn't be mad at him. There's only so far you can push a person through blackmail and pulling their strings before that person bites back. Looks like Julian is finally biting back. I can't say I blame him, and I do like Nelle. 

I find Olivia to be highly irritating and annoying. I am completely Team Ned when it comes to that Brook Lynn situation. I know Olivia is desperate to speak to Dante, but Ned has a right to feel betrayed by Brook Lynn. He's entitled to his feelings.

I admittedly muted the Michael/Willow scenes. Did I miss anything? Did they discuss something interesting for once? LOL!  

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I'm one of the few here who hates Nelle (and currently hate her even more for making me root for - or at least,not against - Carly and Michael)

I'm rooting for Nelle here because the Corinthii are so smug about the whole Wylie situation. Please can he die somehow?

1 minute ago, lala2 said:

I just don't understand what Liz has against Ava

She didn't like Ava exploiting Franco's serial-killer past to sell his paintings. I think that's a legit gripe, but Elizabeth is going about it all wrong, of course. The show can never resist writing women sniping at each other.

1 minute ago, seasons said:

Where is Dev?

Who?

(I know who he is. I want to forget he exists.)

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Why is Wylie not wearing a shirt in bed? We're supposed to believe that Michael and Willow are the greatest parents evah.

I was wondering the exact same thing! The mansion is not a hovel or apartment or home that doesn't have air conditioning!

2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

She didn't like Ava exploiting Franco's serial-killer past to sell his paintings. I think that's a legit gripe, but Elizabeth is going about it all wrong, of course. The show can never resist writing women sniping at each other.

I don't care about this relationship because I think it's gross. That said, why would Valentini write this crap when Liz just got her husband back after he was possessed by can'tdecidewhichaccenttouse"Drew"theasshole?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I'm sort of getting the impression that the child's parents filmed him while he was asleep, then sent the footage out to the FV. Just me?

So Jordan was apparently supposed to sing, but BL was supposed to have some big number with Deception, but she's not mentioned once by Lucy, but she makes a big fuss over Jordan, then she has the nurses sing, it wasn't that good and the camera panning down was just weird.

Julian finally grew a pair. If Nelle dies, I won't be shedding tears. I don't think she deserved to be steamrolled by the baby snatching clan, because she does seem to want to be with her kid, but at the same time, the show has done a pretty horrendous job of making her look remotely sympathetic. Nelle is a psycho mess. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

So am I to understand that the conceit of the ball this year was getting donations for frontline workers/PPE, but the show didn't advertise an actual way people could donate to this worthy cause?  Huh?

Sounds like this one was a real dud, y'all.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
25 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

She didn't like Ava exploiting Franco's serial-killer past to sell his paintings. I think that's a legit gripe. . . . 

I disagree. Franco is a reformed serial killer. There is no way his past is ever going to be forgotten. It will always be discussed. Elizabeth is being extremely naive to think otherwise. Highlighting Franco’s past and return to the art scene was an effective way to generate buzz and interest in his current work. I honestly don’t see how anyone in the business could NOT do that. 

To me, Elizabeth’s main issue is she has not accepted that she married a reformed serial killer. That’s the real issue. She doesn’t accept Franco. She wants him to forget his past and never mention it when he has come to terms with who he was and who he is now. He hates who he was, but knows his past can’t be erased. Liz likes to think it can. That’s why she was always in Jason’s face re: Franco. She cares too much about what others think IMO, She probably never should have gotten involved with someone like Franco who has a very dark, troubled past. She clearly needs a perfect partner, and that ain’t Franco. 

ETA: Yes, I definitely think that was real video footage of the kid playing Wylie that was sent to GH to air for the show. You could tell because the quality of the footage wasn’t that good. 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 6

Franco MURDERED people, and Ava is using it as a way to sell paintings. How is that not completely gross?

11 minutes ago, lala2 said:

To me, Elizabeth’s main issue is she has not accepted that she married a reformed serial killer. That’s the real issue.

This may be true, but that doesn't mean she wants his past to be dredged up all the time. It's probably inevitable, but she can still resent it.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Franco MURDERED people, and Ava is using it as a way to sell paintings. How is that not completely gross?

This may be true, but that doesn't mean she wants his past to be dredged up all the time. It's probably inevitable, but she can still resent it.

She can resent it, but she can't be upset, IMO, when it happens. It is inevitable. He was a serial killer and a famous artist.

Anytime Franco creates art that is seen on a large scale, his past is going to be mentioned. Why wouldn't it be? If 20 years pass, his serial killer past would still be mentioned. That is just something he cannot escape. If Liz seriously thought there would be a time when his past would be totally forgotten and not mentioned, then she was sadly mistaken and foolish. 

Edited by lala2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Reformed. Serial. Killer.

I just...it's been years now and still, what the fuck. It is so mind-bogglingly stupid that Howarth was ever cast as Franco, that Franco exists as a character on this show, that Elizabeth - 20 year vet, Steve and Audrey Hardy's granddaughter - has been gutted of any self-respect, morality, and common sense in order to be paired with Franco. Even Carly is too good for Franco. CARLY.

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
16 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Franco MURDERED people

Liz said he was a bad boy in his past.  Bit of an understatement.

This fakakta show always tries to have it both ways. Sonny and Jason, also multiple killers, are held up as town saviors. Yet somehow Franco is the worst. It's one of GH's big problems.

• Love 14

Unabashedly good guys: Robert, Mac, Chase, Finn, Dustin, Kevin, TJ, Brando?

Unabashedly bad guys (per the show): Cyrus, Julian

Grey guys: Curtis, Ned, Valentin, Nik

Guys who have done bad things but the show pretends are good: Sonny, Jason, Michael, Franco

Did I miss anyone? Neil isn't on enough to categorize.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Peter. I think he's either in the gray category or the show pretends he's good.

Thanks. I think that I wanted to wipe him from my mind.

I'd put him in the 'pretends is good' . You have to have killed at least one person to get in there.

• LOL 4
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Sonny and Jason, also multiple killers, are held up as town saviors. Yet somehow Franco is the worst.

Oh, well Sason's victims all deserved being killed.  Bad people (who got in the way of what Sonny wanted).

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, rur said:

And, let us all remember, these events occurred AFTER he'd been cured of the brain tumor that was making him a terrible person. 

He was cured of being a serial killer, being a terrible person is a whole different issue.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

So if Nelle is Nina's daughter after all, now what?  She just stabbed Brook Lynn in the throat with giant scissors! Kind of psychopathic-like. Nina is going to regret wishing she could find her daughter.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

So Jordan was apparently supposed to sing, but BL was supposed to have some big number with Deception, but she's not mentioned once by Lucy, but she makes a big fuss over Jordan, then she has the nurses sing, it wasn't that good and the camera panning down was just weird.

Yeah, the whole thing with BL made no sense.  Why wouldn't Lucy have gone looking for her when she didn't show up to sing.  I get that they wanted Lustin to find her, I guess to make Lulu feel badly for bad mouthing BL, but someone should have found her sooner seeing as she was expected to perform.  Also, Michael gets a call cut off from her but doesn't go looking for her either.  

4 hours ago, lala2 said:

I admittedly muted the Michael/Willow scenes. Did I miss anything? Did they discuss something interesting for once? LOL!  

What movies they like to watch.  It was riveting television.  

4 hours ago, seasons said:

Getting sliced in the face renders you unconscious?

It was her throat.  And the amount of time she was lying there before someone found, loss of blood would have killed her in real life.  But I'm sure she'll back to having temper trantrums by next Friday.  

4 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

A better scholarship would have been in Robin's name. She's the face of HIV in Port Charles' community.

You're right, it should have been Robin, as an HIV survivor and a doctor.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I think they switched the story re: Nelle/Nina. I *swear* that there was a spoiler that indicated for August 14th that Nina was going to see Nelle with the necklace and when that didn't happen, I figure I remembered it wrong and it was for the 21st, but nope. So now with Nelle basically stabbing BrookLyn in the throat, totally going through with kidnapping Wylie, and likely facing her swan song opposite Julian, yeah, I'm thinking the show switched gears. It really did look like they were planning on a redemption arc for her, but maybe Chloe Lanier decided, 'nah, I'm done, just wrap this puppy up and get me outta dodge!' and so that's what they're doing.

With what they're doing with Elizabeth (they are writing her HORRIFICALLY), I'd be inclined to stop watching once Nelle is gone, except for the fact that it really does seem like they're going there with Olivia and Robert and I LOVE THEM! Plus, I do still like Finn (!!) and Anna. *sigh* I suppose once Nelle is gone, I can just go back to fastforwarding EVERYTHING having to do with that entire storyline at least. It just sucks because the idea of Nelle/Nina, a redemption story for Nelle, the possibility of there being more to it with her fiance, it not being all it seemed which could lead to something with Chase again perhaps. Man, all of that could have been so good. But, nah, GH doesn't know good.

• Love 6

Did we see Chase and Sasha's act?

I love how everyone just stares at the unconscious person. LOL that Dustin has to tell Lulu to call 911.

Why are people hugging each other on this show! I don't care if your Covid test came back negative.

4 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:
4 hours ago, lala2 said:

What movies they like to watch.  It was riveting television. 

And Wiley. Doubly riveting.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I’ve seen most of the recent Nurse’s Balls. This was by far the worst one ever. I understand the Covid thing and the need to “social distance” but holy cow, people. My 11 year old grandson could have come up with something more entertaining than this mess. And Lucy Coe. OMG. There are no words for how annoying that woman is every year!

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, driver18 said:

It really does seem like they're going there with Olivia and Robert and I LOVE THEM! 

Are they? Unless Valentini ruins another character, it won’t happen because Robert doesn’t poach.

I was totally 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 at the Psycho theme after Nelle slashed at Brookie. Nelle wasn’t close enough and those scissors weren’t long enough to reach her throat. It looked like Nelle slashed the air. That kind of stabbing should have had some arterial blood spurting out like the doctor on Night Shift all those years ago.😆😆😆

I get it, Show, I get it! This year’s Ball was about the frontline workers! I didn’t need to hear Lucy repeat it ad nauseam.

ShutUP, Olivia.

If Wiley is returned, Willow and SLS will strap him to their pockets, monitor him on camera 24/7.

I 😆🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 when he told Willow he would kick Valentin out and take control of ELQ again!

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:
5 hours ago, seasons said:

Getting sliced in the face renders you unconscious?

It was her throat.  And the amount of time she was lying there before someone found, loss of blood would have killed her in real life.

That was my first thought too - that BL had clearly bled out. Adding how difficult it was for Mikey to wake Monica I was really scared this damn show was going to kill off another two Qs. I still don't think BL is going to make it though. And I hope Jules finally mans-up and takes out Janelle.

6 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Are they? Unless Valentini ruins another character, it won’t happen because Robert doesn’t poach.

Unlike Nik, who doesn't seem to have any interest in a woman unless she's sleeping with someone else.

50 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I’ve seen most of the recent Nurse’s Balls. This was by far the worst one ever.

Agreed. And IIRC they finally broke with tradition - Lucy didn't wind up in her underwear this year. About time, that bit was getting old.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Unabashedly good guys: Robert, Mac, Chase, Finn, Dustin, Kevin, TJ, Brando?

Unabashedly bad guys (per the show): Cyrus, Julian

Grey guys: Curtis, Ned, Valentin, Nik

Guys who have done bad things but the show pretends are good: Sonny, Jason, Michael, Franco

Did I miss anyone? Neil isn't on enough to categorize.

Lucas (who?) is an unabashedly good guy.

And I guess the show painted Brad (who?) as an unabashedly bad guy with the baby swap, though him getting lectured about it by Sonny "Had A Man Hung From A Meat Hook To Steal His Kid" Corinthos was rich.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Did we see Chase and Sasha's act?

LOL, nope, so the whole "wow, they looked so great together" was like "if you two dolts say so."

And of course Willow's favorite movie is a cartoon from the '90's.  I'm sure one where the Prince saves the Princess, at that. 

So I'm guessing the next storyline (using that term loosely) for BL is that one of her vocal cords got slashed and now she can't sing.  OK, show.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, seasons said:

lso, CD 's hair makes him look even younger, li

I didn't watch today but I was expecting some kind of "Grease" number judging by Michael and Julien's hair.  Did I miss it?

Lynn Herring is annoying as hell as Lucy (last 5 years or so) but she has a smoking body. So there’s that. She should wear T-shirt’s and jeans all the time. Amazing!

I also think nuAmy is also annoying but Risa Dorkens looks amazing and a completely new person. I just always cringe when they trot out, Ephony, Felix and all the non contract cast out for the Nurses Ball and make them sing because they can actually sing. You hardly ever see them in the actual hospital. It’s so embarrassing.

Julian (and, his hair) is so off the charts that I think FV hates him and doesn’t want to ever redeem him. This show totally blew it when Julian put a knife to Alexis throat. It’s amazing how they destroyed Julian & Alexis and can never go back. Now, he’s taking Monica out and stealing babies. WTF???? I love me come crazy Nell but how does she come back from this unless she isn’t/doesn’t. I too thought the Nelle/Nina storyline would be front and center but even the new and improved Nina could accept what she did to Brook Lynn. Unless, Brook Lyn never wakes up until Amandine Setton returns which could be for a while. 

Also, this would be the perfect time for Lois (Leslie Kay) to return as Lois to visit her daughter. Was she ever on the same time as Maura West when she played Ava? If not, it would be neat to see them together again. Unless, they aren’t bff’s anymore. Happy weekend, y’all. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And of course Willow's favorite movie is a cartoon from the '90's.  I'm sure one where the Prince saves the Princess, at that.

No wonder she gets along so well with children. She's basically a child herself.

Is Jax really going to give Joss a car for her performance?  Way to make sure Carly Jr. turns into Carly.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

No wonder she gets along so well with children. She's basically a child herself.

Is Jax really going to give Joss a car for her performance?  Way to make sure Carly Jr. turns into Carly.

I missed Joss’s performance. What did Eden McCoy do?

A few odds and ends from catching up on the forum, and GH itself:

• I usually had my babies sleeping in just diapers in August, preferring fresh air to air conditioning. I had no idea how trashy that was until this thread. 
  • I know you guys got tired of hearing about the front line workers, but you really should be thinking your stars it wasn't for the St. Jude Children's Hospital. "Did you know that St. Judes....."
  • To add to the examples of Franco's jealousy (post-tumor), remember the evil eye spy necklace he gave to Carly, and the revenge he took on her when he saw she was cheating with Sonny? (Blech -- on Michael's couch).
  • Nelle and Jude both got sloppy at their respective crime scenes, and I have no idea if that was rushed filming or if either will be a plot point. Julian dropped his chloroform hanky when he was checking his phone, and Nelle wiped off the scissors, then just picked them up again with bare hands and put them on the floor.
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

And IIRC they finally broke with tradition - Lucy didn't wind up in her underwear this year. About time, that bit was getting old.

That actually stopped happening one or two years ago. Lynn Herring said she was done with that bit and she refused.

Edited by driver18
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I get it, Show, I get it! This year’s Ball was about the frontline workers! I didn’t need to hear Lucy repeat it ad nauseam.

I loved how everyone taking phone calls because they agreed they owed so much to the frontline workers had left the phone room totally empty before the telethon was over. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Julian dropped his chloroform hanky when he was checking his phone, and Nelle wiped off the scissors, then just picked them up again with bare hands and put them on the floor.

I saw him drop the hanky and I thought that's what would make Millow realize something was wrong in the house, but they never found it (unless that's coming up on Monday).  Nelle stupidly wiped the blades of the scissors, though not entirely since there was still blood on them, but didn't wipe down the handle.  So if anyone (hey Mac!) decided to check them for prints, Nelle's would be all over them.  

10 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I missed Joss’s performance. What did Eden McCoy do?

Joss, Trina and Cameron sang a song (that William Lipton (Cameron) actually wrote.)  It's the second time he's written a song that they've used at the NB

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

I still don't think BL is going to make it though.

I think she will, though another Q death is pretty standard for this show. But then why bother with a recast? They could have just written her off over the break. 

I think @TeeVee329 (I think they're the one who mentioned this) is right that the slashing is to set up a BL who can't sing, since Amanda Setton isn't a singer.

2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Joss, Trina and Cameron sang a song (that William Lipton (Cameron) actually wrote.)  It's the second time he's written a song that they've used at the NB

I was underwhelmed by the song, but knowing that it was written by WL impresses me. He definitely has room to grow.

I'm really glad LH told TPTP she wasn't going to end up in her underwear anymore. That "joke" was very stale after year 2 of it.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I was underwhelmed by the song, but knowing that it was written by WL impresses me. He definitely has room to grow.

Agreed. At the beginning of the song he sounded a little bit like a young John Mayer. He might outgrow soaps much in the same way that Rick Springfield and Jack Wagner did. Springfield in particular was always very serious about his music.

9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm really glad LH told TPTP she wasn't going to end up in her underwear anymore. That "joke" was very stale after year 2 of it.

Bravo for her. I remember that when Tina Turner retired, a reporter asked her "why?" And Tina's response was "when you get to be a certain age, some things aren't dignified anymore." True about so many things in life.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, lala2 said:

To me, Elizabeth’s main issue is she has not accepted that she married a reformed serial killer. That’s the real issue. She doesn’t accept Franco. She wants him to forget his past and never mention it when he has come to terms with who he was and who he is now. He hates who he was, but knows his past can’t be erased. Liz likes to think it can. That’s why she was always in Jason’s face re: Franco. She cares too much about what others think IMO, She probably never should have gotten involved with someone like Franco who has a very dark, troubled past. 

THIS!! I just watched some recent scenes, and Elizabeth and Franco's behavior is completely consistent with their history. Her most significant lines show that she wants Franco's past ignored and for everyone to accept the narrative that Franco's past has no connection to who he is now. She told Nikolas that Ava's efforts now, and Franco's happiness at Ava's enthusiasm, is painful after she has spent years telling the world that Franco is a different man now. She told her friend Terry that the man Ava is promoting is "not my husband." 

Elizabeth gets offended and very defensive whenever there's a mention of Franco's past or Jason (or Sam) won't embrace the narrative about Franco that makes her happy. She wants the world to believe Franco is a good man, and that she has a healthy relationship/family. She really bristled after Franco got arrested for Kiki's murder, and Cam acknowledged he was in a fight at school because both teachers and the kids thought she was an idiot for believing in and marrying a former serial killer who once kidnapped her newborn son. She chooses to dismiss all of the unhealthy behaviors and poor choices he's made since the tumor was removed because she's in love with him and Jake and Aiden had already fully accepted him as their stepdad. An emotionally healthy woman would have walked away for good when he held on to her and said, "I love you, I NEED you, you make me better.' 

Her relationship with Franco isn't the first time she's behaved this way. She got mad at Ric after the Alcazar trial, for Ric saying to her face she's been protecting and lying for a killer. She insisted Jason had never been convicted (at that time, they were all still declaring that Lucky was Aiden's bio dad).  Elizabeth even said something absurd like Jason's job "doesn't touch his soul."  When Jason has done something she doesn't like, she decides it's because of Carly or Sam's influence.

From her own history with Nikolas, she knows he's capable of evil like paying someone to try to shoot Hayden.  She wants to be his friend again, and for him to only be a good guy like he was a long time ago. It's easier to blame Ava for being selfish, manipulative, etc. than to acknowledge that Nikolas and Franco are making choices in life that she don't fit with who she wants them to be. 

I would honestly rather see her with nuNikolas than Franco. They have chemistry, and Nikolas knows her well and understands her past. Howarth has always played Franco with Elizabeth like he's a needy man child, wanting Elizabeth and her children to adore him so that he can feel like there's more to him than a former serial killer. 

Unrelated thoughts: Has CD's face thinned out? Or does it just seem that way because of the COVID hair? He looks older, like Michael could pull off appearing to be a CEO now. What is with the tragedy of Maxie's hair?!!  The temp Sam confused me; I thought GH had cast a new character or re-cast someone from the show's history.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

to set up a BL who can't sing, since Amanda Setton isn't a singer.

But did we really need that?  Brook LYnn (as AS) was only back a  short amount of time and despite all the talk about her singing/being messed with by LInc,  she never actually did any singing.  Now they've recast her, however long/short term, with someone, who apparently can sing.  Yet they make it that she won't be able to.  Huh?  Also, AS is on maternity leave early because of the pandemic.  She hasn't had the baby yet and I'm not even sure when she's actually due.  So this replacement could be here awhile.  Seems odd to make it that she can't sing if the actress can.  

33 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Last year's song, that he wrote and performed as well, was better.  Though I have to admit I didn't listen to it for very long because I get such second hand embarrrasment from NB performances.  I have to fast forward through them.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I would honestly rather see her with nuNikolas than Franco.

Not me. I don't like her with Franco, but at least he didn't go after her because she was with someone else. Nik only seems romantically/sexually interested in Elizabeth when she's with someone else. As others have noted, that's so his MO.

• Love 9