Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

but now all of a sudden she has a problem with him having a minor showing?

Her problem isn't the showing it's Ava's advertisement of the showing.  Ava was announcing to everyone in the art world that the old, "talented" Franco was back.  Meaning the serial killer artist Franco.  That's what upset Liz, that she's spent all this time trying to get anyone who will listen that Franco is no longer that guy, blaming it on his tumour.  And here Ava is, stirring the pot and undermining all of Liz' white washing.  

• Love 2
11 hours ago, CharethCutestory said:

I feel bad picking on Chad Duell,

It's weird, I've seen him in interviews and he seems like a really decent guy and completely the opposite of Milktoast McEyeore that he portrays.  

11 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Just wait for Jason to find Nelle's regular phone so that Spinelli can track Nelle using the app.

If Nelle was smart she would have ditched her regular phone along with her car and would just be using the burner phone.  Then Spinelli could have tracked her phone to the used car lot and look like the idiot that he is.  

I clearly really really really don't want Wylie to be found immediately!  He doesn't need to stay gone forever but longer than 4 hours would give us some tension and excitement.  I also want a basket of kittens.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

If Nelle was smart she would have ditched her regular phone along with her car and would just be using the burner phone.  Then Spinelli could have tracked her phone to the used car lot and look like the idiot that he is.  

Spinelli finding Nelle’s phone is bad for Nelle, even though Nelle doesn’t physically have it, because the phone has a tracking app on it that’s tracking Wiley’s stuffed animal. If Nelle did think of everything though, she dumped the tracker, and the unnecessary focus it’s been getting (did she need a GPS to tell her that Wiley was in the Q mansion... where he lives?) is a MacGuffin. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

If Nelle did think of everything though, she dumped the tracker, and the unnecessary focus it’s been getting (did she need a GPS to tell her that Wiley was in the Q mansion... where he lives?) is a MacGuffin. 

I think Nelle mentioned to Julian that she would be tracking his movements with Wiley to make sure he was going where she wanted him to go, and another poster mentioned, its how she knew Wiley was with the Q's and not at Sonny's place. 

But I'm dreading the moment that Taggert mentions to Jason that he saw 'a guy' holding a gun on Nelle, (Jason will automatically assume it was Julian) and Julian will be accused of knowing about Nelle's plaaaan all over again. 

And I know Nelle is trying to keep off the main roads, but you would think she would have done a better job planning her escape to Canada. Personally, I would have had her drive South and lay low in West Virginia or Pennsylvania for a week or two.

But I'm glad Chase was able to put together that Nelle bought the car with her fake passport name-- if he's the only cop in Port Charles, it's nice to see him be a good one. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, absnow54 said:

Spinelli finding Nelle’s phone is bad for Nelle, even though Nelle doesn’t physically have it, because the phone has a tracking app on it that’s tracking Wiley’s stuffed animal. I

You're right.  I was thinking if she didn't have her phone she couldnt be tracked via her phone.  But if someone else has her phone, than they can track the toy.  My bad!

26 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

and Julian will be accused of knowing about Nelle's plaaaan all over again. 

Yeah, Julian should have partially come clean and say he came across Nelle on the docks and tried to stop her.  But for him, it all comes back to, if they find Nelle, she tells them all about julian's involvement.  He has to do what Ava told him, and that's to get rid of Nelle.  

27 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

if he's the only cop in Port Charles, it's nice to see him be a good one. 

Chase is only a good cop if it benefits the Corinthi.  If he were trying to gather evidence on SaSon, suddenly he would be complelety inept, with every camera/video unavailable and no forthcoming witnesses or evidence.  

I have to say Wally Kurth has been excellent the last couple days. I really teared up. I’m glad he’s getting this chance to do some real acting. L

Olivia was good too. Most days she annoys the holy crap out of me, but I will give Lisa LoCicero credit that even when she gets crap stories/little screen time she commits 100%. She’s kind of like Becky Herbst in that way. They don’t just half ass through their scenes, this is a job and they do it. Unlike the majority of others on this show that shall remain nameless. 

• Love 8

Two really great moments of UCG today. First goes to super sleuth Michael trying to guess Nelle’s password, because only he knew her well enough to guess her and Wiley’s birthday. I was waiting for him to try 1-2–3-4. Second goes to Sonny’s response to Taggert reporting a woman was being attacked on the dock and her assailant presumably being able to finish the job after taking out Taggert. “We’ll revisit that.” I mean we know it was Nelle and Julian, but Sonny doesn’t. 

• LOL 2

I give up. GH is just not a fun or interesting show at all. I had the show on mute mostly but I saw in the previews that Michael caught up w/Nelle. How boring!

Please don't get me wrong - I didn't find anything interesting about today's episode since it was centered on Wiley (and I couldn't possibly care less about Wiley), but I thought they would drag out the abduction longer. I don't know. I don't understand half of these plots and why they are written. Brook Lynn is already up and talking. Jason is fine. No one cares about the ELQ takeover anymore. Michael has caught up w/Nelle. Taggart is up. 

Why was most of this stuff written? What was the point? Everything is so boring and anti-climatic. All that talk about that turn, and I thought Michael might have an accident but nope. He's fine. Ok . . .  . 

• Love 7

Sonny muscling his way to Brook Lynn's bedside to pump her for information was so painfully Sonny, i.e. painfully obnoxious. It could be argued that time is of the essence here, but she just woke up from surgery, I think she needed more than two minutes with her dad before recounting her trauma. The actress playing Brook Lynn did do a pretty good job with her mostly non-verbal material today, though.

And Sonny pulled the same in-your-face act with Taggert as soon as Taggert opened his eyes, too! I hope Taggert tells Sonny that him being alive is about as big a mystery as how a coffee importer is always squarely at the center of every crime in town.

"We've had the tracker on us the whole time." You know, for someone who planned reuniting with her son the whole time she was in prison, complete with vision board, Nelle sure is bungling things at the eleventh hour. The writers are, too; the court case, the arranged marriages, and now the abduction have all been a giant snooze. If Michael gets interesting and murders Nelle tomorrow in a fit of rage (hey, a girl can dream) then I'll revise my opinion, but as of now this story is a huge flop.

• Love 12

Sonny muscling his way to Brook Lynn's bedside to pump her for information was so painfully Sonny, i.e. painfully obnoxious. It could be argued that time is of the essence here, but she just woke up from surgery, I think she needed more than two minutes with her dad before recounting her trauma. The actress playing Brook Lynn did do a pretty good job with her mostly non-verbal material today, though.

I guess GH must specialize in lightning fast surgery (or perhaps its performed in a worm hole?)... if Nelle had an hour head start before anyone knew Wiley was gone-- and Brook has been found, taken to the hospital, stabilized, operated on, and has woken up from anesthesia. Damn! 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Me third on how boring the whole Wylie drama is.  Has been for months, ever since Wylie was just handed over to Michael in a joyous celebration and no one thought about Lucas.

LOL at how everyone just walks in to Nelle's ICU room even though no one is allowed in except Ned. Which looks like an ordinary hospital room, not an ICU room at all. But hey! they finally paid for a surgeon.

If Brooklyn can't talk, why didn't they just give her a paper and pen towrite it out? Or have her type it out on someone's phone?

Also LOL at Sonny telling Carly all about his bidness and Jason handling "a situation" when she's supposed to be kept separate from it.

Epiphany does what Jason wants because she may need him to help her some time.  Of course.

"Right now, we just want to know. How the hell are you still alive?" The brain trust that is Sony and Jason. Duh. Witness protection didn't occur to him?  And considering how many times people in his life have come back from the dead in Sonny's life, Brenda and most recently Jason, why is her surprised?

• Love 4
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

If Brooklyn can't talk, why didn't they just give her a paper and pen towrite it out? Or have her type it out on someone's phone?

They tried to have her write with a pen but said the drugs she was given impacted her motor skills and she wouldn’t be able to use her hands until it wore off. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Nosy character woman day actress was so very very bad. Where did they get her from?

Nelle wearing the other half of Nina's necklace. I like how Nelle suddenly wants to wear something that didn't exist or seemed meaningless to her. And that new flashback scene with Michael/Nelle. I wish we could have been spared that.

Taggert asking about the woman being held at gunpoint. Sonny not interested that a woman was being held at gunpoint. Color me shocked.

You know, 100% of me hopes that Nelle manages to severely fuck up Michael. What sort of kidnapping storyline is this, show? Can't even bother to make this interesting at all. Why was Wylie kidnapped in the first place if this thing was going to last a total of 2 hours? Giving Michael a child was such a horrible idea. They could have fixed that by sending Wylie away until the show was cancelled.

And way to leave Lucas out of this. He was only Wylie's father for 2 years. What does he care if the boy was kidnapped.

• Love 4

Because it must be said...Lucas who?

2 hours ago, absnow54 said:

. Second goes to Sonny’s response to Taggert reporting a woman was being attacked on the dock and her assailant presumably being able to finish the job after taking out Taggert. “We’ll revisit that.” I mean we know it was Nelle and Julian, but Sonny doesn’t. 

Is Sonny going to realize that if Taggart hadn't attacked Julian, Nelle wouldn't have got away with Wylie?

• Love 2

How could I have not known that Carly is the best detective known to Port Charles? How would Chase know what to do without her telling him? Too bad that he’s the only detective in PC besides Carly, right? Where’s Jordan when a Corinthii child has been kidnapped?

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Lol at Olivia saying that Brook beat Nelle and she didn't win. Well she did slash her throat and almost killed her, and succeeded at kidnapping Wiley for now. So how exactly did Brook beat her?

She survived?

• Love 2

Ay yi yi. So damn bad and boring all the way around.

Special WTF award for Chase handing Nelle's cellphone (the single most important piece of evidence in a kidnapping and attempted murder) over to Michael (as if he has the authority to do so) instead of logging it as evidence and giving it to the police tech guys who could crack the phone very quickly. (I know, I watch The First 48!) Of course Mikey guesses the passcode on the LAST POSSIBLE TRY!!! Then dashes off to find Nelle on his own, without alerting the cops, or anyone, thus putting his son in further danger. 

I'm sure Brooklyn just martyred her totally amazing singing career by trashing her vocal chords to tell Mikey about the GPS tracker, and now we will have to bear that god awful storyline. 

And Epiphany and Jason share a Hallmark moment, complete with her placing her hand over his heart. Stay golden Pony Boy. Ugh.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, ciarra said:

So you just stood around on the road?  Did 911 put her on hold that long?

She called the hotline to tell them that she saw Nelle and they told her to wait.  She actually said something like, "you want me to wait out here?"  

Yes, why don't I, the idiot Brookie, run the risk of permanently damaging/further damaging my vocal chords by trying to talk AFTER my surgeon told me NOT to do so, just to try and convey to the SLS that Nelle had a tracker put on Wiley.

I could have sworn that Chase told that self-entitled MORON, that he had only one more chance before the phone would get locked out, only to tell Brookie, he had two more shots at trying to unlock the phone.

And yes, Wiley is THE ONLY child to EVER have been kidnapped! His case is the ONLY DIRE one. HIS CASE must be the exception. I don't care how competent Chase is; he's clearly in the Corinthii's pockets, with the way he fills them in on any and all investigations and lets them tell HIM what to do.

I miss the days of when there was more than one detective and they all looked at Mooby and his family has something to be scraped off of their shoes.

I'm trying to be...empathetic toward Willow. But you would think that Nelle was a ravening beast who took off with her (Willow's) child. I'm no fan of Nelle's, but she did have some supervised visits; and clearly, Wiley wasn't afraid of her. This whole "Ohhhh! pooooooor Wileyyyyyyyyyy! he must be sooooooooo scared!"

When we didn't see one single thing to indicate that. Not even the fake/canned crying sounds. The boy just slept through the whole thing.

The whole thing is just stupid.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'm trying to be...empathetic toward Willow. But you would think that Nelle was a ravening beast who took off with her (Willow's) child. I'm no fan of Nelle's, but she did have some supervised visits; and clearly, Wiley wasn't afraid of her. This whole "Ohhhh! pooooooor Wileyyyyyyyyyy! he must be sooooooooo scared!"

I sort of agree with this, but the writers also went ahead and made it a point that Wylie tired himself out from crying.

I don't know where Nelle goes from here since she is not a Chosen One. Maybe they'll give her a brain tumor and call it a day.

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yes, why don't I, the idiot Brookie, run the risk of permanently damaging/further damaging my vocal chords by trying to talk AFTER my surgeon told me NOT to do so, just to try and convey to the SLS that Nelle had a tracker put on Wiley.

Because she had to help the collective Corinthii!  It's law in ol' PC.

Blerg, gotta love how Epiphany is nastier to the cops than she is to the thugs.  She's awful.

Also, LOL at the flashback-that-was-clearly-not-a-flashback-given-Michael's-Bob's Big Boy hair.  And of course he cracked the code and went on his own to confront Nelle, because...Corinthii.

MVP of these episodes is Wally Kurth, by a country mile.  When he was telling BL that he was sorry I actually teared up.  That normally only happens on this show from the awful stench of putrid writing.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Because it must be said...Lucas who?

Is Sonny going to realize that if Taggart hadn't attacked Julian, Nelle wouldn't have got away with Wylie?

And will use that as yet another reason to hate and threaten Julian. 😒

I still can't root for Nelle here. She is just as smug as the Corinthi and her evil just seems so... unnecessary. I'm not Team Michael or Team Nelle. Now you know what would have been awesome? If somehow, Lucas (who?) managed to be the one to recover Wiley who was in a stressful situation and then have Wiley clinging to Lucas and only wanting him. That would add a great angle to this entire baby custody story.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

I sort of agree with this, but the writers also went ahead and made it a point that Wylie tired himself out from crying.

Like I said, it's stoopid, because we, the viewers, didn't hear a PEEP out of him. While Nelle blathered on and on and ON in the car, he was sleeping. She even told nosy person who reported her that Wiley slept through the entire drive. And then when she finally gets to wherever she is, we get that throw away line about how he tired himself out from crying.

This show is so cheap they couldn't even lay over recorded crying to show that Wiley did cry/was fussy, whatever.

But according to Willow and SLS, Nelle is like the Cruella de Ville of Port Charles, who likes to kidnap and kill babies for her own pleasure.

• Love 3

I have to like Nelle if only for awesome truth-telling to Michael as he threatened her with Sonny. Yeah, Michael is not a good guy in my eyes.

How is Nina going to find out that Nelle is her daughter if she's wearing the necklace as she disappears?

I am so tired of people monologuing to sleeping. Sonny to Donna, Nelle to Wylie, Michael to Wylie .... it's boring.

I hate that Taggart was with Sonny and Jason through most of this episode because I zone out when they are in a scene.

17 hours ago, Hater said:

Nelle will probably "die" and show up three months later.

Good call!

• Love 6

Well, today sure was special in all the wrong ways. Nelle makes the very cogent point that Michael sees himself as morally superior to her while also having the mob at his beck and call, and we roll right past it. Carly lies her ass off that she ever gave Nelle a chance (when? Fucking WHEN, Carly?) and gets her moment of glory telling Nelle this is ALL. HER. FAULT. And then the coup de grâce, Carly reaching to help save Nelle (because she's all magnanimous like that), only to watch Nelle tumble to her death/whatever purgatory exists for villains before they pop back up to commit more acts of wickedness. Except this time, I wish Nelle could truly stay dead and spare me any more of this repetitive, one-note nonsense. Over. It.

And meanwhile, the police are nowhere to be seen during this showdown, save for Jordan hanging out at her desk with little to no urgency for the situation. Though I guess if this whole thing had to be handled by civilians I'm grateful it was Jax there supporting Michael instead of Sonny or Jason. He's much more competent and just as believably paternal toward Michael, and I like the show giving him a part here. Otherwise, this was trash.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

How is Nina going to find out that Nelle is her daughter if she's wearing the necklace as she disappears?

Nina has been wearing the necklace. Nelle was wearing the necklace. I think Carly will just tell her when she sees it. Wasn't Carly the one who remarked that Nina decided to wear the necklace, or was it someone else?

Nelle kicking Carly in the face was kind of great. Nelle spilling the tea to Michael about how he needs his mommy to fight his battles for him, and how he's not a good guy was great. But I don't know how many times these things have to be said and repeated. The writers pay lip service, but don't care to evolve their characters one bit. 

Wylie sleeping on the edge of the bed, not so great. 

And because it bears repeating, Michael is such a fucking loser.

I think the triangle with the girls and Cam is officially kicked off.

Taggert asking Sonny to protect Trina was gross. Everyone must bow down to the Almighty Sonny. Him asking Jason to disappear Cyrus was also gross. But Jason will be disappearing a very bad guy, so we're all good.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 8
54 minutes ago, Linny said:

Well, today sure was special in all the wrong ways. Nelle makes the very cogent point that Michael sees himself as morally superior to her while also having the mob at his beck and call, and we roll right past it. Carly lies her ass off that she ever gave Nelle a chance (when? Fucking WHEN, Carly?)

When Nelle first showed up and she found out that she was Joss' donor. Carly adored her and invited into her home and family. She hired Nelle to work with her and she encouraged Michael and Nelle when they got together. 

Nelle thanks Carly for months of kindness, job opportunity and being a trusted confidante by using Sonny and Carly's grief over Morgan by drugging him and faking that they slept together. 

Even after that and Michael gave Nelle a second chance, Carly resisted to the urge as Bobbie tried to drive the couple apart and didn't interfere in Michael's relationship. It wasn't enough for Nelle as she kept manipulating things so she could isolate Michael away from the rest of his family. When Carly found out that Nelle killed her fiancee, that's when all bets were off because she was rightfully afraid that Nelle was going to do the same thing to Michael.

And even then Carly had never did anything to Nelle close to what Nelle has done to her both physically and mentally.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

And even then Carly had never did anything to Nelle close to what Nelle has done to her both physically and mentally.

Carly locked Nelle out in the cold on the hospital rooftop while forging her name on a medical document, giving consent when it was against Nelle's wishes.  Hypothermia or injury trying to get back in was a real danger.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, Hater said:

Chad is such a bad actor, especially when he was comforting the fake Wiley doll.

Of all of the actors in this particular story, Chad is by far the worst. The only expression he can seem to muster is “confused”. His eyebrows are furred and his eyes dart around. That is not acting, honey. Nelle was so right about him. How is he going to teach his son how to be a real man? 

• Love 4

The only good thing I saw about today's episode was Nelle kicking Carly in the face! LOL!

My sister did tell me that Nelle said some good things to Michael, but I was working and only happened to see the kick to the face. That was epic! I could watch that on repeat like Kristina dropping those truth bombs about JaSam's messed up "relationship." At least I got a good kick to Carly's face out of this lame story. 

So . . . . . what was the point of all this? We all know Nelle is not dead. Do the GH writers think this is suspenseful or interesting?! It's not. 

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Now that Nelle went over a cliff, do Willow and Michael have to stay married because it's 1950 and people can't have children without being married, or raise children without being married. 

Logically, the second the judge called out their sham marriage and they fessed up, they should have annulled the marriage and just hired Willow as Wiley’s nanny. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, nilyank said:

I blame her fake husband.

He has his priorities.

1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

Nelle was so right about him. How is he going to teach his son how to be a real man? 

Jasoon will handle it. He did teach Michael to put his spouse last. 😝😗

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

So is Brookie now going to have PTSD? And that will help her and Dante “bond” when he comes back?🤢🤢

Her flashbacks to her fight with Ned and him kicking he out would make more sense if Ned hadn’t apologized or said that she could come back home.

Oh suuuuuure, Mooby. Just ask Taggert to kill Cyrus, as if he’s one of your minions and someone who will commit murder on your day so. And proving you’re too much of a chickenshit to kill someone more powerful than you.

And SHUT UP, Jaysus. Jordan doesn’t have to explain a damn thing to you. Oh, wait. They own her now.

This whole custody/kidnapping story was just so pointless and stupid. No stakes. No emotional investment. I was 😆😆😆 when it looked like Nelle had managed to knock SLS out, but was 🤬🤬🤬 when the show returned from commercial and he was up and shaking her. I was hoping to at least see her kick him in the ribs.

And her truth telling didn’t make one bit of difference as much as I loved hearing Nelle call him a Mama’s Boy. And the LAMEST idiotic makes no sense for Nelle to just run.

But yeah, that kick in the face (that had the UCG of “bruises”) was right up there with Robin slapping SheBeast back in 2005.

• Love 4

I didn’t think it was possible to be any more bored by this show than I was before the shutdown. Apparently I was wrong because I’m bored to tears. And enough with the damn flashbacks to two days ago or a week ago. 

the only saving grace, for what it’s worth, was Nelle calling Michael out on how everything is always handled for him.

• Love 5

Carly would totally step on Nelle's fingers without a second thought.

Fascinating how there is no cell service at the cabin, yet Nelle's Radio Shack g.p.s. tracker still works.  Oh,  Michael must have the service that ladyjogger has, since there is only one carrier that works in those mountains.

Edited by ciarra
  • LOL 2

I know that I should do math on this show but...

When they showed phony flashback so that Michael could figure out Nelle's code, she said it was the date that Frank took her kidney and sold it to Jax for Joss.  March something 2011. 9 years ago.

Joss is about 16-17 so she would have been 7-8. Fine that works even though she was actually younger when it was shown in real time.

Meanwhile we were told that Nelle was a minor when Frank took her kidney. Nelle is clearly in her mid to late 20s. So the oldest that she would have been and still a minor was 17.

Then if we go back to that flashback when Carly confronted Frank and Nelle was a child around 5 to 9. This was before Carly came to Port Charles so she wasn't older than 22. So the age difference would have 13 to 17 years old.

And here comes the final math. Is the show really trying to convince me that Carly is no older than 43. And she had Michael 2 year after arriving in Port Charles (about 24 years old) and he was born AFTER Nelle was born.

18 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Nelle spilling the tea to Michael about how he needs his mommy to fight his battles for him, and how he's not a good guy was great.

Despite having a break to 'fix' certain things on this soap, it appears that Frank is doubling-down.  He just can't resist MB, LW, and SBu.  Wylie was not about Michael and Nelle.  This story was about Carly.  What a DREADFUL episode 😥  Despite the riveting cabin scene between Mike and Nelle, I left the tv and came back a couple of scenes later and Carly magically appeared at a cabin at night in rural (upstate) NY.  I also saw Jason waltz into Jordan's office and told the Police Commissioner off.  And also saw Sonny telling someone to MURDER someone.  Combine the Carson stuff with  Frank's pathetic attempts to make the characters of Franco and Nina work . . .

• Love 5

Is it still the night of the nurse’s ball? What time is it? Hours have to have passed between Brook getting surgery, Taggert recovering from a bullet wound, and Michael chasing Nelle all over UPNY. Why are Joss and Trina at Kelly’s in the middle of the night?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I saw the scene where Nelle was telling off Michael. On the one hand, I think she was trying to make it a bit of a stretch that she's pure and innocent.  But, on the other hand, I agreed with much of what she said.  I've said it before and I'll stand by it that I don't think Michael has to or should hate his parents.  But, he needs to stop letting Carly run his life, own his own decisions, and break with everything mob-related.  That means not accepting any money from them for anything.  It's all blood money. And not "let" Sonny do things for him.  like kill Nelle or what not.  At least he actually recognized that he's a hypocrite. If this were real life I'd say that was the first step, but since this is GH, it will be the only step.