Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

I know virus circumstances, but the Ava / Nikolas FTB kiss was all kinds of weird. 

Still hate Peter. Still can't stand Maxie and this latest pregnancy of hers. Finn / Chase are still good together. Carly is still insufferable, the fake laugh grates. Nina looks like she might combust at any time. Don't care about Lulu/ BL. Dustin has a big head. Manufactured angst for Elizabeth / Franco is not working at all. 

I think that's everyone.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
On 8/16/2020 at 4:58 PM, tvfanatic13 said:

I really don’t think tempSam is anything to look at. 🤷‍♀️

I really wasn't paying attention in her early scenes - you're totally correct.  What's up with casting GH? Between Temp!Sam and Temp!BL, all the women being casted recently look so...hard.  Please take pity on us shallow guys that basically tune-in just for the pretty ladies. 🙂 Jaysus knows there's not much story to enjoy. 🙂

In other news, hey Loo Loo, Girl Reporter - that conversation with Dustin couldn't wait until after you left Spoon Island? Wtf???

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 5

I am a huge Friz fan, but today I decided I'm done w/them. LOL! I'm sick of Liz's treatment of Franco. I really enjoy Friz as a pairing, but I must say I saw major sparks btw Nikolas/Liz and Franco/Ava today.  I'd be fine w/them splitting up and going w/Frava and Niz.  The show did tease me w/Nava - what I've been waiting to see - and then we didn't get see the kiss! I'm still down for Nava!! Oh well . . . . back to Friz and Franco.

Even though I like Friz and like Liz much more than I have in the past, I really love Franco. I think Friz needs to end b/c Liz seems to hate who Franco is. I really don't understand her. She married a reformed serial killer but wants everyone to forget that. Franco's past is part of him, and I just don't think she's ever truly accepted that. I'm not saying Franco should be proud of being a murderer, but he cannot change his past. He can only change how he acts in the future. I didn't get to see the whole scene today, but I really didn't like her saying to Nikolas that she had worked hard to get ppl to believe he changed. Who cares what others think, Liz? If you're the only one who thinks he's changed, isn't that the only thing that matters?! Doesn't the fact that your kids love him and he loves your kids count? She seems so wrapped up in her image and his image instead of just loving this man who loves you and all your kids and wants no other woman but you.

I don't think she accepts him. I'm sure many will disagree but he deserves better, IMO. What does she even want? If she thinks people are ever going to NOT bring up his past, she's an idiot! Of course they are! Why wouldn't they?

• Love 4

I'm done with Friz, as well. The manufactured drama is just too much.

I'm very torn on this ELQ situation. On the one hand, I love it being a family company and LOVE all things Quartermaine ( Quartermaines who changed their name excluded). On the other hand, I'm interested in seeing if Valentin actually is a decent business man. I also love the idea that this might possibly cause a rift for Sam and Jason (a girl can dream, right?). If Sonny somehow gets ELQ back for Ned and Co., I might lose it, though.

Nina is poison to just about any man she is paired with. I couldn't stand Franco when she was with him, but, until recently did enjoy him with Elizabeth. I couldn't stand Valentin when she was with him, but as long as he isn't fighting with Lulu, I enjoy him now. I can't stand her with Jax and I've never disliked Jax, even when he was with Carly. She's going to ruin him, though. I just know it.

Why does wardrobe hate KSt?

TempNuBrooke Lynn reminds me of an Italian NuEmily. TempSam is even worse than Kelly Monaco.

• Love 4

Why is Elizabeth so Stupid For Plot? As vain as she is, there's no way Ava would have destroyed her own portrait like that. Although I have to say, whoever did it showed some real talent turning her into a chimp like that.

That Covid during-the-commercial non-kiss was hysterical. But as often is the case, the timing is all off. I could have bought hate sex a few months ago when all Nik has done is gaslight Ava  into thinking she's crazy. After all he's done to this point, I can't ship them. Good to have my theory confirmed that she's in the marriage not to be alone as well as for the monet though.

Carly was utterly intolerable today. I wish JPS had signalled that when Valentin was saying what a good businessman Michael is, he was being sarcastic.

I guess that they had to bring up Finn not being able to forgive his father after over 30 years so that they could talk about Chase and Willow. But jeez, you'd think he was 15 instead of in his fifties.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, teenj12 said:

When did everyone decide that Temp!Sam was so horrid? I thought a lot of people were singing her praises before? Maybe I haven't watched enough of her latest scenes.

Majority of the places that speak about GH online have sung her praises.  Even Michael Logan (TV GUIDE) told Lindsay she "owned" the role.

I see Kelly's back tomorrow, time for me to reach for the remote when Sam comes on.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 4

Good lord, Finn is a baby. Thirty years and you're still holding a grudge against your dad? Ordinarily I admire such petty behavior, but Finn's reasons are ridiculous. Grow up. Get into therapy.

I had to laugh that the big unveiling of Ava's portrait happened in front of all of half a dozen people. I wonder if they'd planned for more pre-pandemic. I can't see all of Port Charles being there no matter what. The Qs don't care; the Corinthii hate Ava and wouldn't be there; Valentin could go either way. That's the problem with making Ava such a pariah.

Why is Ava so shocked that Nik and Spencer are working together? Nik hasn't been on board with the marriage since it started. She's angry now? Oh, and Avery doesn't live with you because you haven't tried to get joint custody, Ava. Ugh. I hate this nonsense.

And OMG, just renegotiate the frickin' postnup.

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I wish JPS had signalled that when Valentin was saying what a good businessman Michael is, he was being sarcastic.

I like to think he was being sarcastic, but Carly was too full of herself to realize it. 

Shut up, Lulu.

• Love 3

I'd rather they kept both temp Sam and temp Brook Lynn to be honest. Well, ideally they'd send Sam off to find Drew after getting a tip that he's alive never to be seen or heard from again. And I like Amanda Setton, I thought she was really good on OLTL and loved her on The Mindy Project (still don't know why they got rid of her character??) but as BL it's been kind of a miss for me and the actress filling in has impressed me so far.

If the actors are doing most of their own hair and makeup I must hand it to Laura Wright if she's doing that glam blowout on that endless mane of hair herself. But I mean after years of watching hair and makeup people gussy you up I'm sure you pick up a few pointers. Aside from some of the guys looking a bit scruffy I think everyone looks pretty dang good for a pandemic.

The big unveiling of Ava's portrait was as others have said, quite the dud, but would've likely been done at a big soiree featuring lots of extras if it weren't for Covid. They could've done something like a big storm hits and cuts off access to Spoon Island and that would explain nobody showing for this much hyped reveal. Also a missed opportunity to not have girl reporter live streaming it so it was captured by millions!! *eye roll* furthering Ava's embarrassment and rage. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, teenj12 said:

When did everyone decide that Temp!Sam was so horrid? I thought a lot of people were singing her praises before? Maybe I haven't watched enough of her latest scenes.

Not me.

35 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Good lord, Finn is a baby. Thirty years and you're still holding a grudge against your dad? Ordinarily I admire such petty behavior, but Finn's reasons are ridiculous. Grow up. Get into therapy.

I had to laugh that the big unveiling of Ava's portrait happened in front of all of half a dozen people. I wonder if they'd planned for more pre-pandemic. I can't see all of Port Charles being there no matter what. The Qs don't care; the Corinthii hate Ava and wouldn't be there; Valentin could go either way. That's the problem with making Ava such a pariah.

Why is Ava so shocked that Nik and Spencer are working together? Nik hasn't been on board with the marriage since it started. She's angry now? Oh, and Avery doesn't live with you because you haven't tried to get joint custody, Ava. Ugh. I hate this nonsense.

And OMG, just renegotiate the frickin' postnup.

I like to think he was being sarcastic, but Carly was too full of herself to realize it. 

Shut up, Lulu.

PREACH!

SheBeast is just too tone deaf as well. Narcissistic twat.

I totally didn't notice that Ava's face was made into a chimp until the last scene with Franco and Liz. I was like wait a minute, is that a monkey? Lol I could clearly see Ava's eye and smile. I just thought part of it was covered in black paint. Now I can't unsee the monkey. Haha 

Anyone else think that Maxie is thinking about having an abortion? She's talking about it being a bad time with her new career, and she changed her mind about telling Peter. She definitely doesn't seem to want it right now.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Carly was utterly intolerable today.

The crowing about how Nelle didn't even get visitation--I just wanted to roundhouse kick her in the throat. 

Ugh, KeMo is back tomorrow.  I guess that online "Learn how to put on a mask" class was successful.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

Well if Jason and Sam are going to break up (a girl can dream) then I do want it to be KeMo so I can thoroughly enjoy it and see how she goes about playing forlorn when she pretty much has the vapors on a good day. 

If Dante does come back, I hope they do not put him back with Lulu. But there are not a lot of ladies on the canvas to put him with. I wouldn't mind having Valerie back. 

• Love 3

Are we supposed to understand what was written on the portrait, or was it just a random graffiti tag?

I think it's pretty clear that the pre-vandalism portrait was sort of "gifted high school art student." If we get to see the restored version, I am not sure it will be anything for Ava to boast about.

15 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Are we supposed to understand what was written on the portrait, or was it just a random graffiti tag?

I think it's pretty clear that the pre-vandalism portrait was sort of "gifted high school art student." If we get to see the restored version, I am not sure it will be anything for Ava to boast about.

I wasn't sure about it, but it's what Franco put on his art back in the day.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I am so torn: I don't want Valentin to steal Edward's business, but Michael is so unworthy to be CEO and there isn't any other Q who is a viable option because Guza gutted the Qs. Makes me miss AJ and Tracy short lived rivalry over ELQ. At least both of them wanted the company.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Anyone else think that Maxie is thinking about having an abortion? She's talking about it being a bad time with her new career, and she changed her mind about telling Peter. She definitely doesn't seem to want it right now.

I wish she would because this is a baby that really does not need to be, even more so than Donna. But I don't think that they will do an abortion storyline because Maxie is healthy, with the father, and making decent money. There's no reason not to have it other than it's come at an inconvenient time and that's the least sympathetic reason of all.

41 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

If Dante does come back, I hope they do not put him back with Lulu. But there are not a lot of ladies on the canvas to put him with. I wouldn't mind having Valerie back. 

They would put Dustin with Brook Lynn.

I think that I would have liked the pre-spray paint portrait. It had the look of a Matisse about it.

5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

That Covid during-the-commercial non-kiss was hysterical. But as often is the case, the timing is all off. I could have bought hate sex a few months ago when all Nik has done is gaslight Ava  into thinking she's crazy. After all he's done to this point, I can't ship them. Good to have my theory confirmed that she's in the marriage not to be alone as well as for the monet though.

I know this was a typo but I wish this was the storyline. Ava finds a lost Monet at Windemere and marries Nikolas to get her hands on it. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

And to keep this on topic, lulu is an idiot, Carly sucks, nik is absolutely behind the graffiti and I hope Ava takes everything from him and forces spencer to attend public school and live in a small 2-bedroom apartment with his father. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

So Frank says the reason they won’t write COVID into the show is they had sooo many scripts already written when they stopped production. 🙄

Too bad most of them are things I have no interest in. And the ones that I once found interesting (Willow/Chase, Alexis/Neil) he's trashed. Right now, I'm only here for Valentin being a successful CEO and Nelle getting revenge.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Sake614 said:

So Frank says the reason they won’t write COVID into the show is they had sooo many scripts already written when they stopped production. 🙄

source.gif

Frank is so full of it. Honestly, what a missed opportunity! Not just because it would make writing within these restrictions and times much easier, they could be one of the first productions to tackle incorporating this pandemic into a current script and what better than a soap that airs everyday? Oh and this particular soap is called General HOSPITAL because it takes place you know....IN A HOSPITAL!!!! WHICH IS A VERY RELEVANT PLACE DURING A GLOBAL PANDEMIC! HELLO!!!!! 

• Love 5

I don't wanna see anything Covid-related on screen. We've been going through this for some 5-6 months with no end in sight. I'd rather soaps focus on soaps and not on some real life disastrous situation. 

Besides, Frank might use that as an opportunity to get rid of characters he has no business getting rid of, then telling the audience, well covid killed a lot of elderly and people with pre-existing condition. We had to make it as realistic as possible.

• Love 12

Am I the only one who thought that the painting, what you could see of it beneath the vandalism, was really amateurish. I was especting a portrait like what we ususally see of Helena with tons of details and all it was Ava from the waist up, on a white canvas. I'm pretty sure I can do that!

Why wasn't Julian at the unveiling? Why was Lucy, Maxie and Nina there?

• Love 3

I"m just so sick and tired of Brooklynn's whining and blaming everyone else for her choices. No one forced her to sell her  ELQ shares. There wouldn't have been a story for Lulu to "report" if Brookie hadn't posted it on her Face Book page. She decided she wanted superstardomsuccessimmediately and didn't have her lawyer look over the contract that sleaze locked her into.

So all this wah!wah!wah! is so wearisome. Her constant whining and picking fights with Lulu is so tired, not to mention makes her look like a spoiled, entitled teenage brat, instead of a woman who is supposedly in her 30s. And now she's blaming Valentin for "forcing" her to be Deception's "singer" or whatever? She knew that up front! We were subjected to her getting in Maxie's face over it.

I'm also sick and tired of everyone acting like Spencer is this poor, naive, innocent, cherubic waif. He was and continues to be an entitled, spoiled BRAT. Who wasn't above using his daddy's money in that horrid "triangle" from years ago to get Cameron "out of the picture." No way I believe he'd rather have his father than money.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, statsgirl said:

There's no reason not to have it other than it's come at an inconvenient time and that's the least sympathetic reason of all.

That was basically Lulu's reason (she had an abortion, you know). I don't care why Maxie doesn't want the baby, TBH. She's already got two kids, and she certainly doesn't need a third, even under the best of circumstances. This baby would be even more useless than Donna, and that's saying something.

• Love 9

Lulu was still a teenager. That in itself was a perfectly valid reason to not have a child. Maxie is a grown woman with two children. If she wasn’t interested in having more (at least now), maybe she and peter should have used protection. I still don’t want to see her pregnant, but apples and oranges...

• Love 2

I don't think any woman needs to "justify" why she wants an abortion. (Not saying that's what you're saying.) Lulu had a decent support system, so it's not as if she'd have had to sell drugs to support herself had she kept the baby.

Regardless, this show DOES NOT NEED MORE BABIES. Send people on vacation if you don't know what to do with them. Put them in a coma. Have them take a monthlong nap. Just don't give us more babies!! It's not as if they drive the plot in any way once they're born. They barely drive the plot when they're in utero.

• Love 8

KSt isn’t pregnant IRL is she? Not that it matters in context of the show, just curious. And ITA 1000% that they don’t need more babies! On screen or off, no one wants to see another damn pregnancy story. If they truly can’t think of anything else to do with the character, write her off.

• Love 7

With Friz, as with most of my fav saop couples, I'm just going to skip the fuck out of this stupid story.  Every couple has a clunker or five over the years, and I have serious doubts that this bs is going to tank them.  If him skipping out on their wedding didn't do it, I doubt something like this will.

• Love 1

Dilemma: Maxie’s baby should be a tock, but rather than an abortion, I’d prefer she learns the truth about Peter and miscarries right in front of him. Several problems solved in one fell swoop! And it would be full circle, because, IIRC, James was born on the side of the road after the NB, with Heinrik catching him as he popped out.

• Love 12

They might as well have just let Nikolas and Ava kiss. I understand that literally swapping spit would considerably up the risk of either actor catching the virus of one of them is infected, but the show is already running that risk at this point. There doesn't seem to be any attempt to keep characters separated. Nikolas and Ava were already standing indoors together for ages and got pretty close before the fade to black, so if either had the virus they probably already caught it, a kiss wouldn't have changed much.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, CharethCutestory said:

If the actors are doing most of their own hair and makeup I must hand it to Laura Wright if she's doing that glam blowout on that endless mane of hair herself.

Yes, I also give her credit because blowing out hair that thick and long is a process.  If I were her I would probably just wear it curly, which seems to be how she usually wears it irl.   

5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't care why Maxie doesn't want the baby, TBH.

Me neither.  This is a soap opera and I don’t want anymore babies around when they serve no purpose.

• Love 3

This show has zero social distancing. Why even bother with masks at other times?

Carly: So Ava, is the portrait worth the money you paid for it?  (You can take the girl out of the trailer, but you can't take the trailer out of the girl.)

I think one of the things I dislike most about the red carpet is that all the characters that I don't like get praised to the skies in total manipulation. I hate that Carly gets all this praise for thinking to of making it for the first responders, their Covid nod since HIV/AIDS doesn't need to support first responders.

Monica confirms that she knew about the forged consent form. Way to ruin Monica;s ethics, show.

Elizabeth hates Franco remembering his past, but has no problem being besties with Jason who never moved on from his.

The good thing was Spinelli and Robert upping the up net on Peter. It add at weight at last to making Maxie being pregnant.

The great thing:   Taggart is alive!  Called it!

• Love 9

With all the talk about Lindsay's looks, Kelly seems to have had a full blown facelift.   The inability to enunciate remains the same though.  Why is Spinelli still on this show?  It's old, it's tired.  This is a 40 something year old man.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 4

This show does not know what social distancing is.😷 Might as well have had a full ball. Feels like they should just say COVID.

Temp Brooke looks like a cross between KM and Adele Dazeem.

I wasn't annoyed by Valentin flirting with Nina. Even chuckled a little. Seems Charlotte is what really brought him down all these years. At this point I might even accept a triangle where he wins in the end. One big family of psychos.

Best part of the episode was Scorpio openly flirting with Olivia on TV and in front of her husband. But lol at Nina announcing that he is a spy.

I feel like the show is teasing Franco/Ava a little too hard. Almost like they have switched gears and will actually switch the couples. I don't know what's going on but if they do plan on going with Nava, they need to start showing Nik having an interest in her and not a sexual one. I have hated Franco for years and the tumor excuse just doesn't cut it for me, so it pains me how much i enjoy him with Ava 😔 Liz isn't even a serial killer and she is the most annoying person in this story beating out Nik and Spencer.

Willow has been a pretend wife for like 4 days but she is already comfortable and loving her new privileges. "Oooh Weee, Being a Quartermaine-Corinthos is sooooo much fun" yeah, until you get shot. They will be in bed by the end of the month. Chase who? So now Sonny "suspects" the truth about the quad. Hopefully this means they are about to end this story soon. Having two boring characters talk about toddler play is not entertaining. I don't care how great Willow is with kids and putting them to sleep and domestic life being her life goals.

LoL at Spin thinking they can use Nelle's testimony as evidence. It is hearsay. Is Nelle's plan to kidnap Wiley or will she agree to only cooperate with Scorpio if he helps her get custody? Why does she keep looking at her phone like she doesn't know where he lives? God, i hate this baby story and wish it turned out not to be a Benson-Corinthi spawn.

Carly's dress was ugly. I am glad that Ava didn't take Carly's bait. But i am still confused about Frava.

I don't know why Ava knowing about the plan means it is over. Just change tactics. 😔

Sam is being such a bitch to Brando. Glad he doesn't bend to her nonsense,but still hoping they hop in bed.

Did they recast Taggart? I can't think of a reason to hide his face after what Jordan said. Who else would be coming back in her story that we would care about? lol Definitely not one of those west coast detectives she led to their death.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Thatoneshow said:

So now Sonny "suspects" the truth about the quad.

So what if he knows? He's all about claiming children, and Willow/Michael is what sealed the deal on Wiley. Big whoop if he figures out the marriage wasn't exactly for true love. Given how last-minute it was, anyone who thinks otherwise is a dope.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I have to say, using the Nurses' Ball as a telethon for frontline workers is a pretty cool way of acknowledging the current pandemic while still keeping the characters in a COVID-free bubble. It's a nice way to show support and compassion for current events without going to the extreme of making the characters wear masks or worry over sickness. And the whole telethon being Carly's idea is hilariously on-brand for GH; gotta make sure everyone understands that Carly is the best, smartest, most marvelous creature to ever call PC home!

Fucking AGAIN with Sam riding Brando's ass? Girl, please. There's no justification for the relentless attitude she shows him when he so much as breathes the same air as her. 

If we keep spinning on this Nik/Ava and Franco/Liz merry-go-round for much longer, I'm gonna puke. I don't think the writers have any clear idea what they're doing here and it shows. It's so poorly-plotted, and maybe I'm projecting, but the actors don't seem terribly into it, either.

Chant it with me, y'all: Tag-GERT, Tag-GERT, Tag-GERT! And I spied Trina in the previews, too!

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

I'm not sure Kelly's issue was a mask issue, but rather a face issue. Her close-up in her scenes with SBu were not good at all. Whoever did her fillers botched it. I wish women would stop with this nonsense.

Also, I don't know why they enforce masks in the studio when there is zero social distancing and everyone is standing beside each other and chatting up a storm. LW even kissed Mo's cheek. SBu and KM hugged. I guess it's business as usual at GH.

I will always be jealous of LW's hair. She looks good with a ponytail.

So Nelle is going to be key to the Peter saga, is she? It's easy to forget that she was married to Shiloh for a whole 30 seconds.

Everyone around Michael and Willow is figuring out that Chase and Sasha did not cheat and that they are playing at pretend (btw, that Sonny/Sam scene seemed to come out of nowhere, or maybe I fell asleep with my eyes open. I don't know) except for Michael and Willow. I still really hate Michael and how he gets everything handed to him. Even when he loses he somehow wins. He sucks.

I did not actively hate the dresses. I thought they were well-suited to the women who wore them. I still can't stand Maxie and Lulu should learn to keep her nose out of other people's business. I get it, Lulu, your life is a boring mess. This whole Franco / Elizabeth thing is a massive yawn and Elizabeth, Jason is the last person you should be telling anything to about Franco.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 8
41 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The great thing:   Taggart is alive!  Called it!

HAH! I called it from the day he "died"! Or when Pod!Not!Jordan called and said she had to talk to him before she let his name be dragged through the mud.

12 minutes ago, Linny said:

Chant it with me, y'all: Tag-GERT, Tag-GERT, Tag-GERT! And I spied Trina in the previews, too!

Anyone who is a soap watcher vet, had to KNOW there was NO WAY Taggert died. Especially since it happened off screen!

• Love 3

Sonny gives zero cares about Sasha and Chase. He'd probably  be fine if they died as long as Michael gets Wylie.  Sam might be willing to do it herself, or rather give Jason a reason to do it since she's helpless without him.

I think what bothers me as I watch the lack of social distancing is that it actually pulls me out of the show.  I've accepted the idea of social distancing as being normal and seeing people not doing it now looks strange and reminds me that there is a pandemic going on.  Not what they are going for, I assume.

3 hours ago, ouinason said:

With Friz, as with most of my fav saop couples, I'm just going to skip the fuck out of this stupid story.  Every couple has a clunker or five over the years, and I have serious doubts that this bs is going to tank them.  If him skipping out on their wedding didn't do it, I doubt something like this will.

Wasn't he trapped by BJ for that one?  RoHo was selling Franco totally in love with Elizabeth in that last scene but she looks like she's ready to move on to Nik. I can see BH getting her scripts, reading them, and thinking "well, it's a paycheque".

41 minutes ago, Thatoneshow said:

Having two boring characters talk about toddler play is not entertaining. I don't care how great Willow is with kids and putting them to sleep and domestic life being her life goals.

Very true. If that's what I wanted to listen to, I could hang around the playground.

• Love 3

Brooklynn is a big baby. It is no one else's fault that you 1. signed a crappy deal without consulting one of the many lawyers your family should have, and 2. Not only signed over your shares to someone you think is a creep, but kept quiet when you found out who was really behind everything. grow up. On the other hand. I have no sympathy for her family. they knew she was in a bad contract with a man that they all believe sexually harassed her but did nothing. Her father can suck a lemon.

Sounds like Valentin did insult Michael yesterday. Basically said he was spoiled and handed everything so he thinks he is better than he actually is. Sorry Carly but Michael did not adjust to anything to win custody. The judge was clear that Nelle's actions is the reason she lost. Valentin is a lot better since the break. There is something freeing about not having to cry over Nina and Charlotte.

Liz is coming off as a major bitch and I just really cannot stand her. Why would Ava deface her own portrait for publicity? She wants to be loved and praised not mocked. She is coming off the way she always does when Nik has another woman. They are always bad and Nik is always good and their victim. Nik should have been her first suspect. Nik hired someone to put a bullet in his last wife's head, stop acting like Ava is the one taking him down. Just shutup and go away. I get why Lulu and Nina were at this "party" but not Maxie. The painting looks ugly either way.

So the show is still playing around with Avery's custody? Really need them to quit it. I hope Avery grows up to Hate the Corinthos and they will have no one to blame but themselves since they like to keep her from Ava. I hope she is the anti-Kiki and loves Ava.

I don't know how the jeweler could have a lead on the necklace if it was with Nelle her whole life. Nina can spare me the sad eyes. She got on that stand and trashed Nelle like Nelle stole her man and this was payback. Shes horrible, selfish, manipulative, will never change, etc etc etc. What did she expect the outcome to be? Did she forget that soul custody was on the line? I hope she cries a river when she finds out Nelle is her daughter. They need to be faster this go round than they were with the dropped Willow arc.

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

So what if he knows? He's all about claiming children, and Willow/Michael is what sealed the deal on Wiley. Big whoop if he figures out the marriage wasn't exactly for true love. Given how last-minute it was, anyone who thinks otherwise is a dope.

I am just saying that if he knows, the story is likely coming to an end, not that he will be ashamed or anything. The more people involved, the sooner the truth comes out and Willow will feel guilty for "cheating" on Chase when he was so noble. Michael doesn't really care about Sasha so she is SOL

• LOL 2
25 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I'm not sure Kelly's issue was a mask issue, but rather a face issue. Her close-up in her scenes with SBu were not good at all. Whoever did her fillers botched it. I wish women would stop with this nonsense

Kelly’s mask issue clearly needed enough time for the swelling to go down. Are people doing their fillers at home? Or are no reputable plastic surgeons working right now?

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Linny said:

I have to say, using the Nurses' Ball as a telethon for frontline workers is a pretty cool way of acknowledging the current pandemic while still keeping the characters in a COVID-free bubble. It's a nice way to show support and compassion for current events without going to the extreme of making the characters wear masks or worry over sickness.

Wow, can't believe I actually enjoyed an episode of GH for the first time in ages. Props to TPTB (not gonna call them TIIC for a change) for a nice shout-out to frontline workers without having to mention Covid-19.

Today's episode had a nice 80s/90s vibe to it; crisp, well-written and for the most part well-acted. Don't want to get my hopes up, but maybe this is a harbinger of things to come....

44 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Anyone who is a soap watcher vet, had to KNOW there was NO WAY Taggert died. Especially since it happened off screen!

Yeah, pretty much all of us saw that coming. Hopefully he'll be the stealth bomber that takes down Sir Cyrus of Loitering.

31 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I think what bothers me as I watch the lack of social distancing is that it actually pulls me out of the show.

I've accepted it as part of the New Normal. Every night I watch the Yankees play and it seems like more than half the team is totally unaware that there's a raging, global pandemic going on. No masks, constant spitting (!) and standing on top of each other, mask-less. Aaargh.

53 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I will always be jealous of LW's hair. She looks good with a ponytail.

I'd absolutely forgotten this, but Laura Wright is a very pretty woman when her character smiles and laughs sincerely. Too bad it doesn't happen often enough.

1 hour ago, Thatoneshow said:

LoL at Spin thinking they can use Nelle's testimony as evidence. It is hearsay. Is Nelle's plan to kidnap Wiley or will she agree to only cooperate with Scorpio if he helps her get custody?

At the end of today's episode, you could almost hear Robert's brain figuring out how to use this new information.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Good lord, Finn is a baby. Thirty years and you're still holding a grudge against your dad?

I still think things are awkward because Finn and future stepmom had something going on.  Chase is too old to be the result IMO, but I suspect there was an affair.   I wish they'd just bury the rift storyline.  Can't Anna harp at him for another reason?  Hayden, perhaps?

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I still think things are awkward because Finn and future stepmom had something going on.  Chase is too old to be the result IMO, but I suspect there was an affair.   I wish they'd just bury the rift storyline.  Can't Anna harp at him for another reason?  Hayden, perhaps?

Michael Easton is 53

Josh Swickard is 28

Give or take 5 years for the actors real ages, Finn could have been with future stepmom right after she married his father and months later Chase is born.

• Love 2

Willow was so annoying today. She is just too damn perfect and sweet. "Oh this is all amazing, I'm so good with Wiley." Please don't put her and Micheal together! It's just so boring. At least Chase is somewhat interesting. At this point I would welcome Nelle being Nina's daughter, and she can try to help her get some custody of the stupid kid. 

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Willow was so annoying today. She is just too damn perfect and sweet. "Oh this is all amazing, I'm so good with Wiley." Please don't put her and Micheal together! It's just so boring. At least Chase is somewhat interesting. At this point I would welcome Nelle being Nina's daughter, and she can try to help her get some custody of the stupid kid. 

I cannot stand Willow.  She is such a Mary Sue.  🤮

• Love 5