Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Gah, they're getting ready to bring back Spencer, aren't they?  I just can't with that kid.  And I still want him to pay for rigging the mayoral election a few years ago (never letting that one go).

15 hours later and I'm still laughing at the totally non-stereotypical blue-haired fashion assistant who just so happened to have a bunch of coke she was feeling generous with and offered to Sasha.  Can't wait til they introduce the totally non-stereotypical sleazy photographer who will manipulate her to take nude pics that will threaten to destroy Deception!!!  

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Can't wait til they introduce the totally non-stereotypical sleazy photographer who will manipulate her to take nude pics that will threaten to destroy Deception!!!  

That might actually make her a little interesting.  Maybe.

I want someone to tell her that Michael DGAF about her now that he's got Willow. Reality check.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I want someone to tell her that Michael DGAF about her now that he's got Willow. Reality check.

Yeah, I'm guessing the big "they didn't really sleep together!" won't come out until Michael weasels his way into Willow's bed, so she can then feel guilty.  Michael probably won't, as feeling guilty requires too much emotion.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

What is Nikolas playing at?  If he continues to come on to Liz, he's going to be the one to commit adultery and lose it all.  For all her stupid tricks, at least Ava is able to feel guilty and regret. Nik seems to be Helena with none of the subtlety. Go Lulu!

If Finn is still angry at his father for re-marrying 30 years ago, he should be seeing a therapist. Too bad Neil has lost his license.

Lucy should be in scenes with Scott regularly. I really like how he calls her on her stuff.

For a fashionista, Maxie dresses terribly. I couldn't stop looking at the white bra under the see-through dress.

4 hours ago, nilyank said:

It was before. Which was stupid. It was revealed that Valentin was not Mikos' son and so the previous codicil was useless. Valentin would need to get a dna test to prove if he was or was not a Cassadine, so again it was stupid for Nikolas to sign the post-nup to Ava after having already married her.

If the results of the paternity test came out before, then Nik is not just creepy but an idiot for signing it.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

In today’s reminder of post-COVID production reminders, Kin Shriner shows up rocking an obvious at home haircut. 

I think he looks better now than with his crazy brush cut.

Why are the women so dressed up and the men look like they could barely bother to wear something clean?

Franco, you're a serial killer. Is it really so hard to believe your wife would prefer to forget about all that? Good lord.

• Love 3

Someone mentioned a couple of pages back that GH normally does a good job with recasting, but Teschner really dropped the ball with both TempSam and Nu- and TempBrook. When I heard that Lindsay was stepping in for KMo, I thought, okay, I liked her most of the time as Cara on AMC, but...let’s just say the years have not been kind to her and leave it at that. And I wonder who the hell Adrienne Leon pissed off, because I loved her as BL (YMMV). She was also a lovely singer, which is such a key part of the character. So WTF, Show?

Edited by TheMediaHo
  • Love 7

I continue to hate Peter and his chipmunk cheeks. There are better characters on this soap who should have babies before Peter. So now I'm rooting for a miscarriage caused by him and his lying ass. And Maxie and her delusional self can just take a hike. The gall of her to compare Peter to Franco. There is a difference between the two. Franco isn't faking being reformed.

Nikolas and Spencer are the rich people I hate IRL. Yes, go cry in your 10% that's probably worth billions of dollars. Am I supposed to feel sympathetic for either of them? Nikolas and the asshat he has for a son can live on that 10% several lives over and never go hungry. This shit is especially tone deaf considering the state of the world we currently live in. The writers could have made the effort to rewrite some of this. So honestly, fuck them and the horse they rode on. Nikolas can get shot and fall off the parapet again and drown and Spencer can stay in France and never come back.

Ava's makeup looked nice. I'm glad the sparkly makeup they usually slather on her face did not make its appearance. MW is such a beautiful woman.  

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 16
12 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Is maxie’s hair PINK????

Looks like it, but at least it's better than the weird skunk thing she had going on last week.  Also, was LW's hair silver yesterday?  

Am I supposed to believe that the portrait has been in the house for weeks and Ava never, not once, snuck a peek at it?  

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Why are the women so dressed up and the men look like they could barely bother to wear something clean?

This.  Especially Franco, since he's the artist.  

How weird that Scotty shows up for the unveiling, of his friend Ava, painted by his son Franco, only to leave before the stupid thing is actually unveiled.  

• Love 2

Okay so GH is doing a horrible job with social distancing. They’re not even trying. The only ones who haven’t been thiisclosr to one another are Liz and Franco.i know they’re all being tested regularly but they’re acting like COVID isn’t a thing. I’m half expecting to see physical intimacy by next week!

• Love 3

So everyone is looking aghast at the portrait. Is because Nikolas has done something to ruin it or did in the people in that room forget that Franco the artist is similar to Lulu Girl Reporter?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Maybe the portrait looks like Heather's fake Franco sandwich paintings. ...or did I dream that.

Why is Liz acting like the unveiling is a Hollywood red carpet event with all kinds of press and photogs and crap. It's like 6 people in a room.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Franco, you're a serial killer. Is it really so hard to believe your wife would prefer to forget about all that? Good lord.

Right, and isn't this 10th anniversary thing related to when Franco kidnapped Liz's baby? Both she and Nicholas (the uncle/Daddy at the time) have reason to not want to relive that.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

Okay so GH is doing a horrible job with social distancing. They’re not even trying. The only ones who haven’t been thiisclosr to one another are Liz and Franco.i know they’re all being tested regularly but they’re acting like COVID isn’t a thing. I’m half expecting to see physical intimacy by next week!

I cannot believe how many actors are in scenes together and how close they are.  Every episode the past 2 wks, I've been talking to the TV....move back, move back, don't touch him/her.  It's probably because I watch British soaps and the post-COVID episodes really follow social distancing. Even though they've written the virus into the scripts so you understand why people are standing so far apart, it still looks awkward.   So in that respect, GH looks fairly realistic.  Hope no one gets sick. 

• Love 2

Is KSh still having leg/foot problems?  He looked like he could hardly walk at the beginning of the show.

What was the big reveal?  It was raining in Detroit, so they cut into the last minute of the show with a weather update.  Thanks in advance.

7 hours ago, absnow54 said:

In today’s reminder of post-COVID production reminders, Kin Shriner shows up rocking an obvious at home haircut. 

Kin has dealt with hair issues since the 1980s 🙂

7 hours ago, TheMediaHo said:

Someone mentioned a couple of pages back that GH normally does a good job with recasting, but Teschner really dropped the ball with both TempSam and Nu- and TempBrook.

That would have been me. Those two recasts have been, um, interesting. Hadn't seen Lyndsay before, but she's not exactly easy on the eyes and her acting makes KMo look like Meryl Streep. TempBL is more attractive than her recent predecessors, but I've seen better acting in middle school plays.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 5

Yeah Y&R is doing an excellent job with social distancing but it does look weird. I mean, on-screen couples Don’t go anywhere near each other. People cross a room or stand by the door to have conversations. 

• Useful 1
37 minutes ago, ciarra said:

What was the big reveal?  It was raining in Detroit, so they cut into the last minute of the show with a weather update.  Thanks in advance.

It's a cliff-hanger. Franco smiling pulled the cloth off as he turned around and everyone looked shocked.  Franco look surprised that they weren't applauding and I got the impression that he didn't know anything was wrong.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Go Lulu!

If it was anybody else saying that to Nik, I'd probably agree. But with Bratz Doll screeching at him--especially since I don't know when/or saw her forgive him for not letting her know he was alive, since pre-pandemic she still wasn't speaking to him. And then yesterday, she was all oh, Nikolas! I have a huuuuuge favor to ask you! So, bygones then?

So for me, I was all, STFU, Looloo!

And Holy Hairstyles, Batman! What was that...look Bratz Doll was sporting?

Yay! No Mooby today. And noooo Temp!Sam!

• Love 2
8 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And Holy Hairstyles, Batman! What was that...look Bratz Doll was sporting?

I'm wondering if there is no hair people working and the actors are doing their own.  

8 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

she was all oh, Nikolas! I have a huuuuuge favor to ask you! So, bygones then?

Lulu's been all over the place this week, at the hospital with Cyrus, telling Sonny about Cyrus and Valentin, then at Windemere.  I'm wondering if some of the Cyrus/Nik stuff might have been meant for Laura but Genie is staying away due to the pandemic, so they've given her stuff to Lulu.  The last we saw Laura was the first episode back, up agains Cyrus at the hospital and that was shot pre-pandemic.  

11 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Why is Liz acting like the unveiling is a Hollywood red carpet event with all kinds of press and photogs and crap. It's like 6 people in a room.

I laughed when Ava stood up and "thank you all for coming".  ALL??!!  Nina/Jax, Maxie/Peter, Lulu/Dustin and Liz.  Plus Lucy and Scott who ended up leaving before the reveail.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Maybe the portrait looks like Heather's fake Franco sandwich paintings. ...or did I dream that.

Those were decent paintings, IMO!

All this talk about the postnup Nik was idiotic enough to sign is wearing me down. How about Ava and Nik sit down and renegotiate? They're acting like that's impossible. And it would move this stupid story along. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

'm wondering if there is no hair people working and the actors are doing their own.  

They’re supposed to be doing their own hair and makeup unless they can’t. Although I don’t know how ER could possibly have done that herself, 

One would think that the actresses didn’t know how to style their hair or apply make up BEFORE they broke into the businesses and reached a point where they now have professionals do it for them!

I’m sorry; I don’t mean to be, well, mean, but it’s ridiculous.

I really wanted to see what Maxie had to say to Lucy before Jax showed up. But it just cut to them in a different room, talking about Cyrus.

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

One would think that the actresses didn’t know how to style their hair or apply make up BEFORE they broke into the businesses and reached a point where they now have professionals do it for them!

On-air make-up with the lights and everything is a different thing than just doing your makeup daily, so I give them a break with that. 

I really was expecting Ava to overhear Nikolas and Lulu talking about the con he's trying to pull on her.  I know she's far from perfect, but I'm so tired of her always being on the losing end.

• Love 15
49 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I really was expecting Ava to overhear Nikolas and Lulu talking about the con he's trying to pull on her.  I know she's far from perfect, but I'm so tired of her always being on the losing end.

Especially when the person she's losing to is Nik, who's pretty terrible.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

The way Looloo was screeching, so did I. Or when she was talking about it to Maxie? In the room with Ava standing RIGHT.BEHIND.HER.

As for Ava losing to Nik here? It was her bright idea to blackmail him into marrying her and coming up with that ridiculous post nup. That Nikolas was STOOPID enough to sign it is on him. I’m just not a fan of Ava’s though.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I’m sorry; I don’t mean to be, well, mean, but it’s ridiculous.

I really wanted to see what Maxie had to say to Lucy before Jax showed up. But it just cut to them in a different room, talking about Cyrus.

I knew they had to be doing their own hair when I saw BH’s hair. I’ve never seen it look bad until now. Front looked decent but the back, wow.  The back was dry and crunchy looking. I know she’s naturally curly and benefits from the professional blow out she gets from the show. Then they curl it afterward. I’ve never quite conquered that with my own waves.  Ava’s hair was actually more flattering in the front, so she really knows her hair. 

2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

On-air make-up with the lights and everything is a different thing than just doing your makeup daily, so I give them a break with that. 

I agree BL’s blinding white at the corner of her eyes looks terrible. And poor Dolores, that foundation shade was so wrong.  I don’t know if it oxidized or if she used her normal foundation that doesn’t work under the light. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I really wanted to see what Maxie had to say to Lucy before Jax showed up.

What we won't be hearing is Maxie requesting a six months maternity leave effective immediately as she/Spinelli/Ellie(!) have decided to set up house in back in Portland, OR. 

Glad for an all-too-infrequent Corinthi-free episode. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

All this talk about the postnup Nik was idiotic enough to sign is wearing me down. How about Ava and Nik sit down and renegotiate? They're acting like that's impossible. And it would move this stupid story along. 

Just like Ava not taking Sonny to court to get mandated time with Avery.

It would be interesting to have Ava and Nik sit down and talk about the prenup. Would he be willing to offer her 10% of his fortune to end the marriage, or does he want to have it all and show everyone that he is the winner? What does Ava want from this, just the money or does she secretly hope that Nik will somehow love her the way she wants to be loved? Is Lulu right that Spencer will do anything to get his father's love and he doesn't really care about the money?

This could be an interesting story but on this show, once again it's mired in stupidity.

• Love 4

Spencer is a greedy, selfish brat who ONLY cares shot the money. Always has, always will. So I can absolutely see him telling Nick that without the Cassadine fortune, especially Wyndemere, that he wants nothing to do with Nik.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I’m wondering why they don’t write COVID into the storylines?  

Please no. It will somehow become all about Sonny and how he singlehandedly came up with the vaccine that saved the world. 🙄

• LOL 10
  • Love 2

Just catching up. All shallow today.  I really don’t think tempSam is anything to look at. 🤷‍♀️
I don’t understand having hair/makeup only if someone cannot do it themselves. None of them can do it themselves, clearly. Good lord, Will, do something. Please. You look awful. 

• Love 3
On 8/14/2020 at 11:44 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

If it was anybody else saying that to Nik, I'd probably agree. But with Bratz Doll screeching at him--especially since I don't know when/or saw her forgive him for not letting her know he was alive, since pre-pandemic she still wasn't speaking to him. And then yesterday, she was all oh, Nikolas! I have a huuuuuge favor to ask you! So, bygones then?

All I could think about was what a single-minded terror Girl Reporter was with her own vendettas. It doesn't seem that long ago that she was conspiring with her gangster friend Johnny to set Valerie up as a corrupt cop as retribution for the Valerie/Dante infidelity, and then whatever whatever with the burning cabin. She was being even more impervious to reason in that period than Nikolas is now. And while she's had a lot of the facts on her side in her custody wars with Valentin, I can't say she's always put Charlotte's needs/wants first over "winning."  

But a big problem is that I'm tired of Emme Rylan's acting repertoire. She makes it hard to like the character.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

But a big problem is that I'm tired of Emme Rylan's acting repertoire. She makes it hard to like the character.

Her acting has bugged me more times than not. I was glad when she moved on from Y&R as Abby then she popped up on GH as Lulu when I was still watching regularly. 

• Love 2

She's getting dreadful writing, and she's not a strong enough actor to overcome that. Though given how terrible the writing is, even the pros can't work miracles. Jane Elliot is the only one I can think of who pulled it off, and even then it was sheer force of personality.

• Love 3
On 8/16/2020 at 2:43 PM, statsgirl said:

I read that some of the British soaps have incorporated Covid-19 but looking at social media, I suspect that it's too much of a hot button topic for a US afternoon soap.

Your probably right, I don’t think Americans could handle it with how politically charged everything has become. But it would make things a lot easier, and ease my anxiety of everyone standing too close to each other, ha. 

Jesus I thought Olivia was going to stroke out with her defense of BL.  Chill out lady, why is she so extra all the time?!

18 hours ago, MarciNJ said:

I'm wondering if there is no hair people working and the actors are doing their own.  

That would explain a lot. Willow usually has great hair but her blowout was looking kinda frizzy. Ditto Ava and Elizabeth. I read an article about celebrities and how most of them don’t even know how to blow out their own hair anymore, they always have hair and makeup to do everything. 

• Love 1