Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, perkie1968 said:
16 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I do have a hard time seeing Carly letting a comatose Jason die. She'd be able to stare at him and talk at him with even less interruption, and it's not as though he ever says much anyway.  

She'd be sitting at his bedside talking to him for weeks before realizing that he's actually dead rather than it just being Tuesday.  

Hi perkie1968! I fixed that comment for you, lol. And I just wanted to add that after Jason dies, Carly will have him stuffed and mounted on the kitchen table right next to moss.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

Christopher Cousins!!!!!!! I knew it was him the second he walked into Dante’s room. Damn he’s aged REALLY well ❤️.

oh Kirsten, you seriously need to do something different with your hair. Like maybe go more blonde than white. And dump the false lashes. And maybe try adding a bit of color to your cheeks. And your wardrobe. 

whoever is playing Brook Lynn now was pretty good. And I thought her Chanel suit was really cute. Don’t know if it’s really Chanel since it isn’t online yet, but it’s that style. For the life of me I don’t understand why the show couldn’t put AS in that style of clothes instead of those bulky outfits she wore for so long. 

sam, Sam, Sam, Sam. NOW you realize that you have children who depend on you? And that going after Shiloh wasn’t such a good idea? Does that mean she won’t give their voting proxies to Valentin? I like Lindsey’s portrayal but something about her face bothers me. I know it’s shallow but I’m just really distracted when watching her. 

well it didn’t take long for Jason to get hurt. Too bad he’ll make a miraculous recovery.

going back to yesterday, I nearly kissed my tv when Liz told sonny is isn’t about him! She’s the only one in all these months to come straight out and tell him that!

• Love 4

LH looks very skinny and her hair is too long.  She needs to cut it and give shape to her face.  I am not distracted by her though, I can actually watch a Sam scene without wanting to completely roll my eyes and change the channel at the moodiness.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 5

I know hair salon weren't opened during all these months, but KS even a mediocre do-it-yourself hair dye would be be better than brassy blonde and extreme dark roots you were sporting.

Chase also has flippy longish hair like Michael does.

The show should really invest in a little time jump. I mean we could even use Jason waking up from a 6 month coma and find out what changed besides the overnight new longer hairstyles.

Today, Chase wanted to question Jason about the recent warehouse explosion which he says took place in February, six months ago.

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Hater said:

LH looks very skinny and her hair is too long.  She needs to cut it and give shape to her face.  I am not distracted by her though, I can actually watch a Sam scene without wanting to completely roll my eyes and change the channel at the moodiness.

She is quite striking but yes her face is definitely thin.  I was looking up her Wikipedia page to see what else I’d seen her in (Lifetime movies - aha!) and her picture there was older and she had a fuller face and looked gorgeous at that weight.  I hope she’s okay.  I do think she makes a much better Sam.  KeMo better look out, I’m sure a lot of people are seeing the huge difference in effort and energy.

49 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

whoever is playing Brook Lynn now was pretty good. And I thought her Chanel suit was really cute. Don’t know if it’s really Chanel since it isn’t online yet, but it’s that style. For the life of me I don’t understand why the show couldn’t put AS in that style of clothes instead of those bulky outfits she wore for so long. 

Aw I hope the Chanel-like suit is not actual Chanel.  Besides being overpriced I’m just not a fan of Coco.

• Love 1

What the Bryan Ferry is going on atop Michael's head?!   : D 

I guess now Sam will have to sell her voting rights cuz she will need to be (second in line) at Jason's bedside. 

Maxie is maybe not dying her hair cuz she is pregnant. Have she ever just gone brunette?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I don't like Jason's haircut.  It seems like more of a Steve Burton thing than a Jason thing.

25 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

She is quite striking but yes her face is definitely thin.  I was looking up her Wikipedia page to see what else I’d seen her in (Lifetime movies - aha!) and her picture there was older and she had a fuller face and looked gorgeous at that weight.  I hope she’s okay. 

That kind of cosmetic work is very popular among actors/celebs and increasingly common, but I agree that it looks unhealthy and think the fuller face is more attractive. 

Jason/SBu looks really old with that haircut. Or maybe he's getting there.

8 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Maxie is maybe not dying her hair cuz she is pregnant. Have she ever just gone brunette?

She doesn't know whether she's pregnant or not. She went to the desk at GH and said that she wanted to see her gynecologist, presumably to get a pregnancy test.  I guess she didn't give a name because both Kim and Britt have both moved on now.

What the FRACK did I see today? Since when do SheBeast and Sam have heart to heart conversations and act like...friends? Since WHEN does the SheBeast call Sam "honey" as if Sam was her daughter? What in the BLUEDILLY FRACK?

Oh suuuure, Jordan, you piece of worthless crap. Stop your detective who was DOING HIS JOB questioning a person of interest because he, along with Mooby and Cyrus, own your worthless ass. She seriously needs to be fired.

I stopped watching when Dante/Dominic left. I read how he had been tortured and...brainwashed? So what exactly, did he do? Or did whoever brainwash him with trigger words to kill his loved ones? I just don't get this story line.

And like @dubbel zout said: Christopher Cousins!!!!!

Not only am I not warming up to Lyndsay's Sam, but I hated this Brooklyn temporary recast; she looked older, and could she have been more smirky/smug? She's not even an A-list entertainer. She's trying to get her music career off the ground, so that irritated me too. But aside from my horror at Maxie's hair style choice, I loved her getting in Brookie's face and demanding who SHE (that would be Brookie) to have ANY say about Lulu and Dante's marriage? I wish Lucy would have dropped through the floor. I loved Maxie ripping into both Brookie and Valentin.

I laughed my ASS off at seeing Jayson "unconscious" at the end. Dude didn't have a scratch on him. He looked like he was taking a nap!

Previews tomorrow? ROBERT!FUCKING!SCORPIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

And I just wanted to add that after Jason dies, Carly will have him stuffed and mounted on the kitchen table right next to moss.

I think she'd keep him in a different room . . . 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

LH was thin 7 years ago on AMC 2.0, she's thinner now. I think it's a bit much but she's still beautiful. But I'm pretty sure I'll get dinged if we keep discussing this so that's all I'll say about it. I thought she was excellent today. Please just keep her.

• Love 5

Why is Jason in peril never his fault?  Brando just worked on Jason's bike, so surely he's responsible.  Well, eventually it will be determined that what's-his-name Greasy!ponytail tampered with the bike.  But still, why does Mary Sue Jason never slide on a patch of gravel and crash his bike by accident? 

And why does he look like one of those plastic Lego people, lying in the road?

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

When the plots get more interesting, I will stop obsessing over the distance between characters. But for now, it’s all I can think about.  When Diane and Alexis were on opposite ends of that sofa, I was like, “That’s 4 feet max! And stop leaning forward to talk!!” I really hope things pick up soon— my anxiety can’t take it.

On 8/5/2020 at 3:02 PM, YaddaYadda said:

I think some of it could be CGIed, but I wouldn't bet on it.

I have actually wondered if there might be some green screen action in a few scenes. Some people have appeared to have those weird, overly defined edges that come from a process shot. But I assume there’s no money in the budget for such things?

On 8/5/2020 at 3:50 PM, jsbt said:

I didn't realize Molly Burnett had done a second stint as Maxie. She was very good. They could easily solve their casting problems with Maxie, Michael and Sam with either recasts or just going back to Drew Garrett. If KM (hypothetically) refuses to adhere to distancing protocols she should be fired immediately and they should let Hartley take the role. 

I really liked Molly Burnett when she was on, and always hoped they’d find a permanent role for her. She might actually make a good Sam recast. I don’t know what it is about the current temp Sam, but I’m not feeling her. She is a much better actor than KM, though. (Faint praise, I know. Wiley’s stuffed giraffe is a better actor than KM.)

Count me among those who like Michael’s new ‘do. With the new hair and the leaner, more angular face, I actually find him attractive for the first time since, well, ever.  He finally looks like a grownup.  Neil’s Covid hair is out of control, though. I guess his Flowbee broke?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
42 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

I have actually wondered if there might be some green screen action in a few scenes. Some people have appeared to have those weird, overly defined edges that come from a process shot. But I assume there’s no money in the budget for such things?

I feel like there have been some scenes where the actor looks out of place, or the eyeline is wrong. I figured they might be using the same method of layering two scenes, like what they do when they have one actor playing two different characters in the same scene.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

When the plots get more interesting, I will stop obsessing over the distance between characters. But for now, it’s all I can think about.  When Diane and Alexis were on opposite ends of that sofa, I was like, “That’s 4 feet max! And stop leaning forward to talk!!” I really hope things pick up soon— my anxiety can’t take it.

Same. When Sam was approaching Alexis the other day I was like "nope! next caller!" I mean, believe me, it could get far worse in terms of distancing but if these dumb shows MUST start taping again now (they don't) then there's a happy medium between B&B's insanity and this where it looks like Frank and the actors are playing Covid Chicken at times.

10 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I stopped watching when Dante/Dominic left. I read how he had been tortured and...brainwashed? So what exactly, did he do? Or did whoever brainwash him with trigger words to kill his loved ones? I just don't get this story line.

He went on a hunt for Raj, the arms dealer who had nearly killed Lulu years earlier. It seemed contrived to get Zamprogna off the canvas, like "Oh, that forgotten storyline." It's murky what exactly happened to him in all the time he was gone, but he was definitely captured and tortured (because he's no Jason Morgan!). Raj's long-term plan was for Dante to return to Port Charles but under his control. The brainwashing didn't entirely take, because when Sonny showed up in Turkey, Dante assisted him. But when Dante got back to town, his psychological damage became more and more apparent. He had a dream about shooting Lulu, he pulled a knife on Jason at the Metro Court when a loud noise startled him, and he later shot Peter when Peter and Maxie entered his room at the clinic Anna had arranged for him. 

I like Dante and hope he's back long term, but it's a dreary story I hope concludes quickly. (Edit: It also seems like a retread of Lucky in the Jacob Young years, and while I didn't enjoy it that time either, brainwashing made more sense with Helena than it does with the likes of Raj.) 

Edited by Asp Burger
1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

I like Dante and hope he's back long term, but it's a dreary story I hope concludes quickly. (Edit: It also seems like a retread of Lucky in the Jacob Young years, and while I didn't enjoy it that time either, brainwashing made more sense with Helena than it does with the likes of Raj.) 

UGH. That's what I was thinking too. At this point, I'll hand wave away a quick recovery. Or at least the part where he wants to kill all his loved ones. Now shooting Heinrik? I'm all for that.

• Love 2

I had to laugh that Carly and Sam were just talking about pulling the plug on Jason and bam! There he is lying unconscious in the road. Of course being Jason, I’m sure he’ll wake up two minutes after he hears Carly sobbing at his bedside. He’s got to know she wouldn’t be able to make that decision anymore than Sam could. Brenda should have his POA, hee.

• LOL 1

So Jason, he of the eleventy different brain traumas, doesn't wear a helmut?  That checks.

I do think LH's face is very thin, but, man, she and NLG really have the same facial features.  That's a good casting for mother/daughter, even if it is just temporary.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

ETA: It’s NYS law to wear one, but Jason is a rebel.)

Once you've murdered people, I don't think you sweat the misdemeanors and traffic violations.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I’d love for Jason to get wheeled into GH and Chase cites him for not wearing a helmet, heh.

Too bad if he did that, Jordan would come swooping in and tell Chase to stop harassing the poor mobster.  

• Love 4

LOL at Carly looking down on Anna and Maxie because they believe in Peter and won't believe anything against him. And Carly mention the 'hypocrisy' word.

It would work better if there were at least a couple of weeks between the PoA and Jason being unconscious on the road just to let is simmer. There has to be a happy medium between this and Alexis and Neil moving at slower than glacial speed.

I am so very over Carly threatening people with Sonny. She really is powerless without a tough guy to take power from.

11 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Several European countries have lowered social distancing to 1 metre so I can buy 4 feet apart especially if they are getting tested regularly. It's a whole lot more than Carly/Sam, Curtis/Chase, Jordan/Cyrus and especially Anna/Robert/Peter were doing.

Speaking of which, is it really undercover if no one in power knows Jordan is doing it?

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

(ETA: It’s NYS law to wear one, but Jason is a rebel.)

If Jordan isn't going to let Chase question Jason for bombing a warehouse, she's certainly not going to let him be ticketed for not wearing a helmet.

Why Is Jordan running to the hospital on hearing that Jason was in an accident? It's not like she can get a statement from him,  or even that it's the Commissioner's job.  The answer: we have to be hit over the head with how important Jason is to so many people.

I wonder if anyone thought to call Monica.

• Love 2

I hate Peter, but Carly is the last person who should be talking about hypocrisy. 

Shocking. Jason's brain is on the verge of exploding again. Been there, done that. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Maxie needs another child like a person needs a bullet to the head. Shock us, show! Give her a tumor or something. 

Still looking forward to the ground opening up under Peter and swallowing him.

FH looked better. Healthier, maybe? Like she might have gained a few pounds? 

And Jeebus, Cyrus has his own Jason, haircut and t-shirt included. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Maxie needs another child like a person needs a bullet to the head. Shock us, show! Give her a tumor or something. 

I guess Valentini and his hacks didn't bother to learn that Maxie is a heart transplant recipient? Didn't I read or see back in the early days how it was dangerous for her to have a child? Scratch that. Based on the writers' names I see, I KNOW some of them have been around when Maxie got BJ's heart.

If not a tumah(!), let her life be in jeopardy and let her be told that if she goes through and has Heinrik's spawn, it will kill her.

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

She's dating one.  One that needs to be removed, stat!

Edited by ciarra
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

guess Valentini and his hacks didn't bother to learn that Maxie is a heart transplant recipient? Didn't I read or see back in the early days how it was dangerous for her to have a child?

The average (so, yes, some will be much longer) life expectancy of children who receive heart transplants is 15 years after the heart transplant.  It's been 25 years for Maxie.

31 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I guess Valentini and his hacks didn't bother to learn that Maxie is a heart transplant recipient? Didn't I read or see back in the early days how it was dangerous for her to have a child? Scratch that. Based on the writers' names I see, I KNOW some of them have been around when Maxie got BJ's heart.

I mean, yes, but that ship sailed years ago when she was deemed healthy enough to be a surrogate for Lulu (not to mention they've already saddled her with two kids).

I hate listening to Anna try to defend Peter. So boring, so dumb.

I had to laugh when Brando told Sonny that story about the horse. I thought it was going to end with Mike telling Brando that sometimes you have to let animals go, and Sonny could make the inference that Mike didn't want heroic measures. Instead Mike tells Brando that if he loved the horse, he had to be there at the end, and that made Mike no stranger to tough decisions. What? It was Brando's favorite horse, not Mike's. I haz confused.

If Brando is smart (and the jury is still out there), he'll immediately tell Sonny that Cyrus stopped by the repair shop.

I really wish that when Finn (or Portia, whoever it was) told everyone Jason might suffer brain damage, they'd chorused, "Again?!"

I am going to ignore Maxie's pregnancy story. 

• Love 2

I’m surprised Carly and Sam arrived at the hospital together.  I’d pictured Carly shoving Sam to the floor in her rush to leave.

So Brando works for Cyrus then?  I’m down for that (though it does mean he’ll eventually be killed off.)

At first I thought that for sure Cyrus paid (or blackmailed) Brando into tinkering with Jason’s bike to cause the accident but now I wonder if Cyrus was keeping Brando busy while his guy sabotaged the bike framing Brando?

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Kiki777 said:

I’m surprised Carly and Sam arrived at the hospital together.  I’d pictured Carly shoving Sam to the floor in her rush to leave.

Sam and Carly are the bestest of friends now, don't you know? 

I absolutely LOVE Robert’s continued contempt for Heinrik!

I 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 when Robert put his hand on Heinrik’s shoulder and said “Ah, Sit down” when he tried to leave.

Also? SHUT UP, Anna. You are the same person who believed Robin was dead and didn’t believe Robert when he told you she was alive. 

I also resent how Holly is being portrayed as this con woman who never left that life when she married Robert and how they worked as a team. Yeah, yeah, they had her revert when she returned in 2006, but I still resent it.

#TeamRobert!Fucking!Scorpio!4Evah!

• Love 4

I think I laughed a good five minutes when Girl Reporter turned the assignment of reporting Jason's accident because she was too close to the story. I mean haven't all her big stories been tied to people related to her or that she is good friends with. But Jason? That's when she has professional ethics. HAH!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I think I laughed a good five minutes when Girl Reporter turned the assignment of reporting Jason's accident because she was too close to the story. I mean haven't all her big stories been tied to people related to her or that she is good friends with. But Jason? That's when she has professional ethics. HAH!

#fictionsworstjournalist

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I really wish that when Finn (or Portia, whoever it was) told everyone Jason might suffer brain damage, they'd chorused, "Again?!"

I seriously can't believe we're doing this again.  And they couldn't even wait a week after setting up Carly with the POA?

5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I hate [LWB/FS], but Carly is the last person who should be talking about hypocrisy. 

I mean, if she taught a course on it, given she's a world-class expert, that would be okay.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • LOL 3

I'm trying to get used to this new Sam.  Her acting is quite good.  I am trying to adjust to the look.  I'm so used to Kemo who is so beautiful with such a lovely figure.   I think it would take some time, but...the acting is quite good.  And that's not a little thing.   But she's so skinny and the veins....I don't know if this is gonna work for me if it goes full time, and I won't be surprised.  Something's been up with Kemo for a long time.  Well, since Billy Miller.  It's no big mystery. 

Edited by CeChase
  • Love 1

I noticed something very different with Chloe's face too.  I don't think it's fillers.  It just doesn't look that way to me.   I am wondering what's up there.  Rebecca Herbst definitely got filllers.  Oh I know, the squealing will start!  But she did, and it was very obvious.  She had good work though, I thought she looked good.  Kemo had them before the shutdown and IMO her work, not so good.   A bit overdone.  She probably will have realized that.  I remember when NLG got them and they were overdone and she said so on Twitter.  She's still getting them, but they're toned down.   How can you hit say 40 on HD tv and NOT be getting them?  Let's be real.    

1 minute ago, Sake614 said:

Curtis calling 911: I need the paramedics. I’ve got a motorcyclist down. He’s completely unresponsive 

me: that’s his normal demeanor.

Actually, I thought it was funny to see how they had Jason lying on the ground. Arms spread, leg folded under him. He looked like he was standing, then swooned. I started wondering if he would put a hand on his brow before he fainted away.

• LOL 5

I'm loving the new Brook Lynn!  But I really don't like the old one, so.   Maxie looks fantastic.  So cute.  I love Maxie.  I am working on ignoring Jason all together.  Ugh. 

19 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Neil’s Covid hair is out of control, though. 

His non-Covid hair was out of control.

I'd still take him over 99% of the other men on this show.

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Also? SHUT UP, Anna. 

Yes, please. 

I've had more than enough of pod Anna.

Not liking nuSam, at all. I find her face really distracting. lol

• Love 3

Since a person's importance is measured by the number of people who wait at the hospital for them, I expect Michael, Willow and Joss to show up soon. Kristina and Molly if there were budget.

No one thinks to call Monica. Whatever, she's probably looking after the kids anyway.

6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

If Brando is smart (and the jury is still out there), he'll immediately tell Sonny that Cyrus stopped by the repair shop.

I thought he did, told Sonny something about Lulu and Cyrus being there at the same time.  Then I zoned out at the horse story. How many years has Mike been dying now?

• Love 1