Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Nice to see that Michael Buble had enough time in his busy schedule to stand in as Michael Corinthos.

Even though the Nikolas character has had some weird sexual escapades in the past, this one takes the cake.  It was kind of gross actually, just because of the real age difference between the characters.  Poor Ava, she can never have a damn relationship that can stand the test of time.  Well as long as "test of time" is in the Soap world.

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Nik and Esme - oh nooooo. Is Nik that desperate that he's lost his moral compass.

Nik has always lusted after other men's women. Remember the fling with Elizabeth?

In other news, did anyone else notice that - for today at least - Terry and Britta really look like sisters?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Nik has always lusted after other men's women. Remember the fling with Elizabeth?

In other news, did anyone else notice that - for today at least - Terry and Britta really look like sisters?

At least Elizabeth was in his age range and not a fresh out of high school gal dating his son.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

And Katherine Bell.

So that makes his uncle's woman, his brother's woman, and now his son's woman.  I think he gets a set of flatware with that trifecta.

• LOL 11
  • Love 3

omg they actually had sex?  she is totally going to be pregnant, and her fake pregnancy scare with spencer was foreshadowing.   other than having to see the sex scenes, i'm actually into this story because nicholas is SOOOO dumb. 

• LOL 3

So, you've had impulsive (at least for one person) sex with the wrong person, and this will ruin multiple relationships if anyone finds out. What do you do afterwards? (I guess there are no wrong answers, but people who aren't on soap operas will likely choose the more sensible ones)

1. Jump up and get dressed immediately, making an excuse to leave - beg the other person not to tell anyone because it will ruin relationships
  2. Cry a bit (esp. if you are a woman), wring your hands and make awkward conversation while you get dressed and leave - also, beg the other person not to tell anyone, etc.
  3. Sit around naked (except for a handy blanket) and talk about what a mistake it was and how it will hurt multiple relationships before you appear to dive in for a second go
  • LOL 10

A random musing to speculate on until tomorrow - is it at all possible, given how cagey the show is being about who Josh Kelly is playing, that it's actually Cutter Wentworth from OLTL who just crashed into that pool?

If we pick up where the ABC OLTL left him, he was on his way to scam money out of his bio mom Alex Olanov, who owned her own island.

And didn't that happen back in the day, a con man character went from OLTL to GH, or vice versa?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ciarra said:

I think they have enough taped that they should have cut Laura and Ava at the gun range.  It was insensitive.

With that and the axe place, it does make you wonder if at least one staff writer really likes to include odd locations for chats between characters

• Love 1
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Scott being Nina's lawyer wasn't ever going to help her case, even knowing she would lose to the Corinthii. He's terrible.

Drew, put all of that energy you use on other people to better use: Get a job that doesn't involve Michael as your cohort.

Couldn't they have rigged some line for him to slide down? The crash landing was so badly done.

From everything I’ve seen, the production budget is nil.  I saw an interview Ingo gave a few months back and he said the show is always barely hanging on.  Which fits my perception of ABC’s priorities.  I have no doubt that many of the network’s programming execs would love to replace GH with another cooking show or some other garbage that’s cheaper to produce.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

And didn't that happen back in the day, a con man character went from OLTL to GH, or vice versa?

Marco Dane, con man with heart of gold (or gold-plating, at least). Most famous for pulling desperate housewife Karen Wolek into prostitution and being not-really-murdered (his unknown twin brother actually copped it, Marco then stole his identity, as you do), switching Katrina Karr's living baby for Mary Vernon's dead one (at Karen's urging, because they were friends by then) and having his real identity come out at his wedding to Edwina Lewis (who was a frenemy of Dorian's and a journalist, I think). On GH, I mostly remember him being Jagger's boxing manager (there was a whole thing where Sonny tried to get Jagger to take a dive in the ring and then put out a hit on him).

• Useful 5
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

And Katherine Bell.

So that makes his uncle's woman, his brother's woman, and now his son's woman.  I think he gets a set of flatware with that trifecta.

Weren't Emily and the founder of My Foundation also married? Nic Cassadine is as bad as Kevin Buchanan in only being interested in women who are in relationships with other men.

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, Mirabelle said:

Weren't Emily and the founder of My Foundation also married? Nic Cassadine is as bad as Kevin Buchanan in only being interested in women who are in relationships with other men.

yeup. if i remember, Nic and Courtney started up because Nic was pissed that Emily wasn't getting over her rape fast enough for him

• Love 3

Nina losing was horrible. Michael/Willow and Carly never deserve to win.  They are more vile than anyone.

Willow disgusts. I don't want her to be Nina's daughter. What Scott lies about? 

Willow almost fainted, Michael had to ask if she's ok. Que needing Nina to save her. 

Ewww Nik and Esme was badly shot. She also looks like a child. Nik sexing up college freshman?

• Love 10

Kill Willow! I haven't been watching lately and now I know why. All I need to do is read here, and I'm mad enough. Ha I watched today's episode and I'm raging. 

Sam and Spinelli's conversation was pointless. So what if he made that dating app. He  an go away. Brook and Chase are boring at this point. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I would say that I'm waiting for Willow to learn that Nina is her mother (except that she'll probably thank Carly for keeping it from her and not tell Nina) and Nik to find out that Esme seducing him was a plot by Ryan but this show will probably blow it as it does anything with potential.

9 hours ago, ciarra said:

I think they have enough taped that they should have cut Laura and Ava at the gun range.  It was insensitive.

I can see why they would have left it in because of the irony of Nik's mother trying to talk Ava into thinking that their marriage has hope while Nik is boinking Esme. And I know it's cheap but I think that they should get rid of the shooting range set. It triggers some people and makes others roll their eyes and there is nothing that they did on that set today that they couldn't have done on the axe throwing set. It would be showing respect for those  who died and their loved ones to get another set to socialize on.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Willow almost fainted, Michael had to ask if she's ok. Que needing Nina to save her. 

I want Nina to refuse. 

Why did the test say "paternity" when it was Nina and Willow's DNA? 

Drew hangs out at the party, then shows up at the courthouse.  Where is a whack-a-mole hammer when I could really use one?

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
50 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Sam and Spinelli's conversation was pointless.

Spinelli is pointless.  I don't care what his big secret is (probably that he owns the dating app), he's on my screen too much.  Again, I beseech any and all casting people out there to give BA a job so he doesn't need to keep coming back to GH.

51 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Kill Willow!

I wish.  She's horrible.  Her "Thank god that awful woman whose big sin was making my awful boyfriend's awful mother a six-time divorcee from the same man will get no where near my child, who I'm obsessed with because I never really grieved my own child" sililoquy made me want to slap her.  Can't wait til she needs Nina's bone marrow--hope Nina conveniently has something else to do that day.

I'm just shocked the show didn't have M/W deciding to take a walk thru the cemetery so they could see Nina there and again berate her for daring to breathe air.

• Love 16
44 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I wish.  She's horrible.  Her "Thank god that awful woman whose big sin was making my awful boyfriend's awful mother a six-time divorcee from the same man will get no where near my child, who I'm obsessed with because I never really grieved my own child" sililoquy made me want to slap her.  Can't wait til she needs Nina's bone marrow--hope Nina conveniently has something else to do that day.

seriously I legit want Nina to  know and be like, okay, cool beans. I want nothing to do with you. And honestly. like even with that whole rant she had - i'm like you are judging Nina for sleeping with Sonny when they both thought the marriage was over, because Carly threw him away (even before the whole NF crap reveal). where as you entered a marriage on a lie, you allowed yourself to be blackmailed vs. confessing the truth, and then continued to screw around behind your husband's back. then turned around and judged BLQ for "sleeping with Chase" because it impacted her somehow. I'd wish someone would clap her back with this but she'll just go "it was different." as all Corinthiii do. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 14

I recall an arbitrator saying to the litigants that both lawyers had done a great job. That would allow anyone who didn’t get what they wanted to better accept the verdict. That judge was stupid.  Go on about how Scott pissed you off and that only convinces Nina that she didn’t get a fair hearing.  And how unprofessional of a judge to let a lawyer’s antics bias them. And tell the litigants that is the basis of the decision.  

Since Carly knows now and isn’t telling, isn’t she now “lying.”  Well, unless there is a double standard.  But of course there is. 

It might be interesting to have grandpa Sonny have time with Wiley where he lets Nina see him. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 14

Why did temp Michael look familiar to me? I didn’t catch his name. But definitely an improvement- roughly the same age of CD but actually believable as an executive.

You know you’re rich when you use an Hermès blanket to cover up your post-sex funk 😂 

• Wink 1
  • Love 4

Kiki777 according to BrockTV GH review the Michael sub played Noah Newman on Y&R.

I really really hate this Nik/Esme hookup. I think there is no coming back from this. Everyone will be so completely repulsed by Nik's behavior that nothing can be done with him. Bad writing is the norm on this show.

• Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, ciarra said:

I want Nina to refuse. 

Adding this to the list of things I would like to see but won't. 

Willow gets sick and needs... Some kind of dna-matched material.

Carly reveals the DNA results that show Willow is Nina's.

But Nina refuses. She gets this great speech where she tells Carly off, about how she withheld the info because she didn't want Willow to go soft on Nina during the hearing. Carly wanted to make sure Nina couldn't have a relationship with her daughter, but now Carly wants to use Nina for 'parts' ( just like Nelle). 

Well, actions have consequences, and Nina has accepted her daughter is already lost to her forever, because of Carly's actions. 

Willow dies. ( She is, after all, Michael's love interest, they have the life span of the average Spinal Tap drummer). 

That would be soapy ... Michael could blame both Nina and Carly for Willows death. 

( Nina probably couldn't come back from that, but I wouldn't mind her moving back to NY to run the magazine- but she'd get some fantastic soapy material on the way out)

• Applause 2
  • Love 8
(edited)
10 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Can't wait til she needs Nina's bone marrow--hope Nina conveniently has something else to do that day.

I hope Nina is out of town on Crimson business. I hear Santorini is beautiful this time of the year.

They can use Wylie. Willow is his tati after all

12 hours ago, Runningwild said:

Aw, my favorite Noah is now my favorite Michael. However, RA’s acting skills show how bad of an actress Willow is. 

How bad the Willow actress is? Imagine how much worse CD looks!

3 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

You know you’re rich when you use an Hermès blanket to cover up your post-sex funk 😂 

And unbelievably tacky. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
15 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

A random musing to speculate on until tomorrow - is it at all possible, given how cagey the show is being about who Josh Kelly is playing, that it's actually Cutter Wentworth from OLTL who just crashed into that pool?

I think Dante is going to know him somehow. That doesn't mean that both scenarios can't be true, of course.

As for sets and activities, I think the ax-throwing place was just because it was a trendy thing for awhile, just like the "break up stuff" place that Obrecht took Anna to, and the escape room bachelor/bachelorette party from a few year's back.

I'm sure soap budgets will never reach the heights they once did, but whatever was told to Ingo was more likely said to get him the hell out of some poor executive's office ;)

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
12 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I'm just shocked the show didn't have M/W deciding to take a walk thru the cemetery so they could see Nina there and again berate her for daring to breathe air.

Same! Those two dolts act as if Port Charles is their own private city. Ugh, they are so terrible to watch, all smug and faux-outraged.

• Fire 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

All the secrecy and Josh Kelly's character's name is Cody?  Um, okay.

ETA...Britt's stinkeye when she realized Cody and Dante know each other was very funny.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

All the secrecy and Josh Kelly's character's name is Cody?  Um, okay.

Hee, really? Could they have chosen a more generic white-boy name?

I miss soapy names like, well, like Cutter Wentworth.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, KittyQ said:

Retractable roof? 

That would be pretty expensive, though. Most hotels I've seen either have an indoor or outdoor pool, but since money is not an issue in PC (and apparently there are no supply chain problems) I can believe the idea to have covered/uncovered pool available all year round as a money maker would be approved.

The set was always supposed to be a rooftop pool. I complained about this last summer, because I thought it was stupid to have walls up around the perimeter instead of guard rails that would let the patrons enjoy the presumably beautiful view. I know it’s a set and there is no view, but couldn’t they pretend with some painted backdrops or something?

My first impression of TempMichael was that he must have been given character continuity notes of “wooden cadence; maintains vacant look on face” and was following them very well. My second impression was that’s he’s still better than CD, and can stay. (Anyone know why Chad is out, and for how long?)

I saw that squicky Nik and Esme scene coming from miles away and should have run when I had the chance. <shudder>

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Days Carly has actually known that Nina is Willow's mother and hasn't said anything: 2

We have temp Michael again. yay. The dipsticks are crowing how Nina can never stake claim to their family again. until the spawn is 18 dumbos

Michael and Willow. just shut up. "Nina saw the spawn under false pretences because we gave her a second chance" You only gave her a second chance because YOU WERE HAVING AN AFFAIR and you didn't want Chase to find out.

I am so tired of this crap. you poop on everyone and expect them to take it. Scott brings up facts that you know. Michael has done horrid things too and it's "Omg. that bitch."  Nina before the trial says "let's compromise" you say no, then you are like "how fake she is that she's crying  because she lost." 

And now after Willow finishes lambasting Nina, Carly decides it's great that she's not in their lives and hides the DNA results. Yes, Drew. she is doing the right thing. 

Michael: I'm a better business man than Sonny. 
Me: how? you're never at work!

It was night time when Nina was at the cemetery but it's daytime now at the park with the spawn and Joss? 

lmao Esme ran on the balcony naked. haaaahhaaaahhahahaa. the best thing about this is that you know when Ava finds out she will torch Nik's butt. 

what is he being arrested for? geeze.

lol Brad and Brit both want Bearded Wonder. Spinelli shut up. 

So Bearded Wonder is surprised that Dante is a cop, but they were childhood friends. And Dante wanted to be a cop because of Mr Ponetti since childhood. Come on show. 

CLQ - I sleep.  

Cam i love you. but you should lose Joss anyway

I want this kid to ask for Nina every day. come on. 

Carly lying to Drew.  "Nina has entitlement issues" How IS THIS WOMAN NOT DEAD FROM LIGHTNING STRIKES? the only thing Nina ever wanted was. 

A: to know where her kid was and 
B: see her grandkid. that's it. that's normal human wants

And Drew is a dipstick for not asking to see the results. Drew is just a dipstick period. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 13
4 minutes ago, Daisy said:

So Bearded Wonder is surprised that Dante is a cop, but they were childhood friends. And Dante wanted to be a cop because of Mr Ponetti since childhood. Come on show.

Somewhat relatedly, Brook didn't react to him, right?  Shouldn't she also know him if he was around when Dante was growing up?

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Somewhat relatedly, Brook didn't react to him, right?  Shouldn't she also know him if he was around when Dante was growing up?

that's right. BLQ should know Bearded Wonder too. 

(edited)

So a ton of revisionist history going on there, Michael.

Hey, someone finally woke up and corrected that NINE MONTHS!!! to six months. 

No, Michael, you didn't allow Nina to see Michael out of the goodness of your heart. You were blackmailed into it.

No, Nina has been looking for a compromise. She went to court when you wouldn't meet her halfway.

No, Michael, you are not a better businessman than Sonny, you just abused your white rich boy privilege to the top. And the only reason you're not a thug like Sonny is because he wouldn't allow you anywhere near da bizness.

Nothing worst in my book than a group of people standing around a child and chuckling at him. It's so annoying.

I think we are all shocked that Carly has decided to keep Willow's maternity a secret. Doesn't look like Drew is buying what she's selling, though.

Brad gleefully filming everything happened with Britt and Cody (Brando, Cody, we should pool a couple of quarters and send the writers a baby names book), was about as lighthearted as it can get.

Am I the only getting a vibe between Dante and Cody that maybe their friendship was more than friendship? 

Clearly Spinelli paid for the stunt. Spinelli just needs to come out and say that the app is his. What's with the secrecy, especially since every single viewer caught on like a month ago? This storyline is useless.

I am so tired of this whole Chase/BLQ thing. There's slow burn and there's them. Even a snail has a quicker pace than that.

I really hope Esme tells Spencer that she slept with his father. Because I don't see Nikolas doing it. I'm not here for Esme and Nikolas meeting in dark corners and whispering to each other about how they must keep this secret.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 15
(edited)
23 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

No she didn’t but BL did spend a few of her high school years in PC and I’m still not sure how they are supposed to be the same age when even her sorased age would put her a few years behind Dante. I could see them knowing each other if they lived in the same neighborhood but in the same friend circle is a bigger stretch. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Useful 3

I still don't know what Michael's so angry at Sonny about. Because Sonny didn't want to come back from Nixon Falls or because he fell in love with Nina there? Michael/Carly are self-absorbed and tone deaf on a good day but even they can't be that dense to be angry at Sonny for falling in love with a non-Carly person when he had amnesia.

• Like 1
  • Love 10
7 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I still don't know what Michael's so angry at Sonny about. Because Sonny didn't want to come back from Nixon Falls or because he fell in love with Nina there? Michael/Carly are self-absorbed and tone deaf on a good day but even they can't be that dense to be angry at Sonny for falling in love with a non-Carly person when he had amnesia.

I don't think you need to understand what Michael's motives other than him being a raging hypocrite.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
9 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

will keep saying it. They are pissed off that Sonny didn't kill Nina. end of story.  who cares that you know Sonny kept choosing his family. didn't put a bullet in Nina. might as well never come back. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 7

LOL that Esmé's underwear is white instead of, say, harlot red. Hee.

Willow, Nina has been begging to see Wiley since she found out he was her grandson. This isn't new behavior. Good grief.

Can't Nina appeal the ruling? She has a decent case for judicial prejudice, I'd think.

• Applause 3
  • Love 7

I still don't know what Michael's so angry at Sonny about.

Because Sonny didn't shoot Nina in the face when his memory came back.  MIchael has repeatedly, ad nauseum, said that Sonny always has repercussions (read; murder) for anyone who hurts his family.  That's the code.  Nina hurt the family by keeping the secret, ergo, she should experience repercussions (read; Pine Barrens) and Sonny not only refused, but slept with her.  

• Love 9
(edited)

Not a fan of how they’re making Britt into a joke, then having everyone laugh at her instead of trying to help her. I expected better from Brad and Maxie. Also annoyed that they can’t come up with a better storyline for most of the women than their dating prospects.

There is a nice relaxed chemistry between new guy Cody and Dante but wasn’t impressed with the pool scenes. I didn’t find them funny at all, and new guy doesn’t have the bod to make it hot so a definite miss for me.

On the positive side, RH has a decent haircut for once and I really like Anna’s blouse on her.

Edited by Desperado
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Daisy said:

The dipsticks are crowing how Nina can never stake claim to their family again. until the spawn is 18 dumbos

I don't think that comment was about Wylie, it was about willow.  Writers were smacking us over the head, how Willow is saying Nina will stay far far away.......until Willow needs that all important life saving bone marrow/blood transfusion/kidney transplant.  

• Like 1