Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, gp1999 said:

He didn't go to murder Julian. He wanted him alive so he can confess that Cyrus was behind the bombing 

And if Julian had told Sonny and Jason thanks, but no thanks, still leaving for Canada, they were just going to go "Oh okay, have a nice trip?" and wave him off at the bus depot?  And even if that's what was going to happen, had Sonny told the cops and let the cops do their job, Sonny woulda been with his family at Christmas time, instead of getting hit on the Pennsylvania side of the head. 

• Love 10

If Liz's subconscious is sabotaging her new relationship with Finn why is no one telling Finn to back off she obviously isn't that into him..and why was Violet there instead of Aiden or Jake because this is obviously a Finn story and Liz is just a plot point.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
Just now, Daisy said:

hmm my google chrome decided that i can't access the forum anymore (and i don't like it on safari. lol is anyone else having issues?)

I had to shut off ad-block to access the forum.

1 hour ago, Daisy said:

hmm my google chrome decided that i can't access the forum anymore (and i don't like it on safari. lol is anyone else having issues?)

The stupid ads are back. So if you have ad block it might be your issue.

It was nice while it lasted.

2 hours ago, KittyQ said:

I'm surprised that Liz didn't ask Laura about what it's like at Shady Brook. Didn't Laura spend years there in some kind of coma-like state? (Apologies if she did ask; the beginning of the episode was cut off for breaking news). 

Laura’s wig on a stick years were tragic. But didn’t Liz herself go to ShadyBrook when she was first pregnant with Aiden? And then again when she was faking a breakdown to try and convince Lucky to stay? I feel like most of the women on this show have had a stint there. 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, racked said:

I feel like most of the women on this show have had a stint there. 

Maybe there is a dedicated Port Charles wing.

I wish that Scott had been allowed to question Nina again after Diane was done:

Miss Reeves,why were you looking for your daughter?

Were people such as Mrs. Corinthos aware of how desperately you were looking for her?

So being aware of how anxious you were to find your daughter, I imagine that as soon as Mrs. Corinthos realized that Nelle Benson was your daughter she told you immediately.

No, not right away? When did Mrs. Corinthos tell you?

She didn't tell you at all???? That's strange. Well, given that, she must have wanted you to bond with your grandson, the only grandchild you will ever have, mow that your only child had died before you know her.

What was the reason Michael Corinthos gave you for keeping you from  your grandson?

Has Mrs. Corinthos herself ever before been involved in keeping a child from its relatives?

And so on, If Diane objects, Scott can call Carly to the stand.

• Love 10
48 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Maybe there is a dedicated Port Charles wing.

I wish that Scott had been allowed to question Nina again after Diane was done:

Miss Reeves,why were you looking for your daughter?

Were people such as Mrs. Corinthos aware of how desperately you were looking for her?

So being aware of how anxious you were to find your daughter, I imagine that as soon as Mrs. Corinthos realized that Nelle Benson was your daughter she told you immediately.

No, not right away? When did Mrs. Corinthos tell you?

She didn't tell you at all???? That's strange. Well, given that, she must have wanted you to bond with your grandson, the only grandchild you will ever have, mow that your only child had died before you know her.

What was the reason Michael Corinthos gave you for keeping you from  your grandson?

Has Mrs. Corinthos herself ever before been involved in keeping a child from its relatives?

And so on, If Diane objects, Scott can call Carly to the stand.

I am really surprised scotty didn't go there. Honestly, i just think it's mostly because Nina wants to play above board. she doesn't want to cast stones, she doesn't want to be all neener, neener, neener, or anything like that. like Scott even brought up the whole Carly/Harmony thing and Nina quickly turned to focus back to her. [because, you know, she's an adult]. 

and I like that. at the end of the day when Wiley is old enough and this all come out, Nina can easily say - I didn't want to play dirty to try to get to see you. end of story. 

(but when she deals with The Dipsticks and their Leader, Nina needs to stop being all apologetic). 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

and

There is no way that will come out on the stand.  The writers wrote it that way but distanced themselves from it by having no one, not Sonny, not Nina and not Jax bring it up at any time in the past 6 months, since Sonny has been back.  The same way they've conveniently forgotten that Sonny was alone in NF with Phyllis for 3 months before Nina even showed up.  

Exactly this. The show refuses to write stories to accomodate the time we're actually living in and instead resort to recycling plots from the 90s, pre google, pre google image search, pre ancestry sites, etc. 
Instead, to make absolutely certain Sonny would stay gone, they had to come up with a reason why he wouldn't look into his own past, and once they exploited that, they're pretending it never happened because god forbid a Corinthii ever take responsibility for his/her actions.  

Nina was MOSTLY responsible, but Sonny, Phyllis and Lenny all played a role in his disappearance as well. 

• Love 6

LOL at Diane's "AHA!" look to the judge when she stated Nina had been in a coma for decades and that's why she didn't know Nelle was her daughter.  As if...Nina purposely stayed in a coma so as not to be a mom?  God, that was weird.

Also LOL at Carly's patented shaking head of "I can't believe this" when Nina was sworn in.  Rich from someone who wouldn't know the truth if they gave her a hotel she wasn't fit to run.  Not to mention the last time someone did tell the truth on the stand--that being when Willow testified, at Nina's "liar, liar, pants on fire" trial, about hearing Sonny and Nina talking about their relationship , Carly got pissed at her.  So, essentially, Carly being Carly, aka awful.

• Love 10

How can Diane cross examine Sonny when he is her biggest client?!

But anyways, no way would she rip into him like she usually does. She would be nervous about pissing him off and losing her monster pay check, not to mention he is a mob boss who is keen on loyalty. 

• Love 6

I like Laura Wright but watching her as Carly all smug & self righteous as Nina testified had me spitting nails. Obviously, that’s the whole point but it drove me insane. That said, I’ll be back tomorrow and everyday thereafter. LOL!!!! 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

I didn't realize the Invader was a hard copy paper, I thought it was an online thing that needs a name change.

Is this the sweep up/set up time of year on GH? It seems odd that the Liz story and Hatman story are being resolved so quickly and in the same week after meandering along for so long.It's like someone got a memo: "Wrap it up before the holiday". Liz gets swooped off to Shady Brook without saying bye to her younger sons, really? And now Hatman wants to talk? Okay, those two stories are done, let's set up for the new Alexis romance; Sascha drug withdrawals; Quartermain corporate wars; BLQ BS (aka 'Heip me Chase-you've my only hope'); and of course Wiley Wars. Looks like a fun summer. I guess while they've got the court set operational we'll get Trina Trial going along with poolside teen trauma.

I miss writers who wove intricate stories instead of mashing puzzle pieces together that really don't fit. Oh well.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, CocoaGoddess said:

Nina was MOSTLY responsible, but Sonny, Phyllis and Lenny all played a role in his disappearance as well. 

I think Nina was responsible up to the point she heard Mike didn't want to look into his past. After that, it was all on him. But of course, the Corinthii will always blame someone else—bonus points if it's a wimmins—for their actions.

8 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Rich from someone who wouldn't know the truth if they gave her a hotel she wasn't fit to run. 

At least Carly is seen working, unlike her high school graduate son who is supposed to be running a media empire, for which he is desperately unqualified.

5 hours ago, paisley said:

I didn't realize the Invader was a hard copy paper, I thought it was an online thing that needs a name change.

Same! I know there was a Port Charles Herald or something like that back in pre-internet days, but I think the Invader was always digital until they needed it as a plot point for Alexis/Gregory flirting.

• Love 4

If Michael wasn't presented as the golden boy/predetermined winner of all things, Scott could nail him to the wall.

Were you recently arrested for assaulting a reporter?

Were you recently arrested for assaulting me outside a Pennsylvania courtroom?

Did you try to have Ms Reeves charged on a non-existent crime because of her relationship with your father?

When you learned your adoptive father was responsible for your biological father's death, didn't you take him to court to deny him access to his child? 

You seem to have an issue with anger and a propensity to use children as pawns for punishment and revenge. 

( And by all means, talk about him killing his step mother Claudia. A good attorney could really make a case for Michael's pretty significant anger and mommy issues)

• Love 19
21 hours ago, DanaK said:

If Michael and Willow just focused on Nina's past crimes where she was mentally ill and locked up for it and therefore Wiley isn't safe around her, I think they would have a better chance, even if Nina seems healthy now. Right now, it just looks like Michael is having a temper tantrum because Nina hid his dad's whereabouts, then got together with him and destroyed his marriage

It's a VERY slippery slope, because who among the other parents and grandparents hasn't been incarcerated and/or sent to the loony bin?

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, sacrebleu said:

Were you recently arrested for assaulting a reporter?

That's another thing: Dianne producing the Invader with the hit piece on Nina like it had organically sprung from a righteous reporter's seeking of the truth, when it was all Michael's doing.

7 hours ago, paisley said:

Hatman story

The scenes yesterday reminded me of a "very special episode" of a '90's sitcom the way it got resolved with everyone smiling and joking.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, TVbitch said:

How can Diane cross examine Sonny when he is her biggest client?!

But anyways, no way would she rip into him like she usually does. She would be nervous about pissing him off and losing her monster pay check, not to mention he is a mob boss who is keen on loyalty. 

I did notice that Diane's reaction when he was called to the stand can best be compared to Lucy Ricardo "oh no" face. Season 2 No GIF by Paramount+

• LOL 5
(edited)

I'm bummed because this is the worst sweeps I can remember.  I can't wait till it's over.   Unbelievable to me that sweeps is about that stupid baby and carly sitting around in court like a spider.   Also, I have always liked Michael Easton but I cannot stand this story.  And ME is not solely responsible, IMO Becky has sucked throughout a lot of this.  They are both great paired with others.  But together they make a fart.

I hope once sweeps ends the stories I like come to the forefront and someone sends Carly to Sweden for treatment. 

Edited by CeChase
  • Love 6
(edited)
20 hours ago, CeChase said:

I hope once sweeps ends the stories I like come to the forefront and someone sends Carly to Sweden for treatment. 

Why would anyone reward bad behavior? Carly should be shot from a cannon into a blackhole. That's the only thing her self-righteous ass deserves.

Edited by YaddaYadda
Cannon not canon.
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Same! I know there was a Port Charles Herald or something like that back in pre-internet days, but I think the Invader was always digital until they needed it as a plot point for Alexis/Gregory flirting.

When Alexis took over, they made it a hard copy too. We've seen it several times before (Including the insta WE'RE LEGIT NOW! first day) when the episode before, Nik gave Shaun the money and the next day the hard copy was in Nik's hands saying how something crappy happened at CI. 

we've also seen a few copies at the breakfast nook at the Q's, and near the bowl of whatever at Carly's. Sonny lifted one up to smile at Shawn at congratulations, and it is so sad I can recall all of that off the top of my head. [but no. it wasn't a plot point for the Alexis Gregory flirting haha]

• Useful 2

I always thought that the Invader was the PC stand-in for the National Enquirer? 

It would be ironic if Elizabeth came back from her mental health break and was really stalked. No one would believe her, which could be terrifying. And watchable, so not something we probably need to worry about. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, tessaray said:

I always thought that the Invader was the PC stand-in for the National Enquirer? 

It was. but Shawn's NFP corporation changed it (overnight) into more of a reputable source. For another soap reference - 

The Invader used to be the OLTL's version of The Sun which is what Todd  [the Local gossip rag], where now it is The Banner which is what Vicki/Buchanan Enterprises ran.  (now, you know, i'm nto sure why they just didn't change the paper's name to something less. tabloid-y sounding, but hey. whatever)

• Useful 1

Actually, I'm wondering who is in Shadybrook that Elizabeth is going to run into. Because this felt a lot during yesterday's episode that the whole purpose of this storyline has to do with someone who is at Shadybrook. The whole thing with sending her away just feels extreme. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Daisy said:

It was. but Shawn's NFP corporation changed it (overnight) into more of a reputable source. For another soap reference - 

The Invader used to be the OLTL's version of The Sun which is what Todd  [the Local gossip rag], where now it is The Banner which is what Vicki/Buchanan Enterprises ran.  (now, you know, i'm nto sure why they just didn't change the paper's name to something less. tabloid-y sounding, but hey. whatever)

OLTL's tabloid was the Intruder, iirc. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, tessaray said:

OLTL's tabloid was the Intruder, iirc. 

I am wrong and mistooken haha I always thought the Sun was kinda trashy too. Never mind.

Line of the day:

Britt to NIk:  "Don't come back here unless you're injured or dying.....hope to see you soon."  I think the last part was an ad lib because MC looked like he was trying to hide a smile

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

This NF line has been two years? Give me strength. OMG! finally FINALLY. Sonny is admitting that he didn't want to go home and that he didn't  want to know who he was. AND that this happened by the time Nina found him. Bless the baby angels. 

Seeing Michael, Carly and Willow's brains explode is a thing of beauty. It's like this:

simpsons-ralph-wiggum.gif

LOL Dianne: Why should we trust YOUR judgement? Okay why should we trust Michael and Willow's and carly's judgement? ALL OF THEM SUCK [also Scotty, get Monica on the stand]. 

Brit to Nik: Don't come back here unless your are injured or dying HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON :D that made me laugh so hard. (still pissed they trashed the Spencer-Britt relationship).

#FreeCam

Glad to see Mistah Sheffield is healthy

OMG. Scott you are savage: "Michael, since you are all about ethics, and morals and character, can you tell the court between you and Claudia Zaachara." I laughed so. hard.  Michael pooped his pants hahhahaha. (and please include the fact Carly insisted he lie to the police!)

• Love 6
21 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

There is no way that will come out on the stand.  The writers wrote it that way but distanced themselves from it by having no one, not Sonny, not Nina and not Jax bring it up at any time in the past 6 months, since Sonny has been back.  The same way they've conveniently forgotten that Sonny was alone in NF with Phyllis for 3 months before Nina even showed up.  

Well shoot me in the head while giving birth, I got this one ALL wrong.  They had Sonny admit he'd stopped looking for who he was long before Nina got town and that he didn't want to know who he used to be.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

Where are people seeing today's ep? In NYC at 3 we're getting a rerun, the ep with the GH director who's also a singer.

Same here in Georgia. We were pre-empted for the first 30 minutes with the press conference in Texas and then had the last 30 minutes with that old episode.  Valentin was in the hospital,  and almost everything else was at the Savoy for that "singer".

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Where are people seeing today's new ep? In NYC at 3 we're getting a rerun, the ep with the GH director who's also a singer.

Canada. I'm assuming tomorrow will be a rerun for us.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I'm only part way through the episode, so I'm assuming I have it all and it hasn't been cut off, but we here in Toronto have it at 2pm .  Which is unusual because usually when the States pre-empt it, we get a repeat.  So you guys will probably get it tomorrow and we'll get your repeat.  

11 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Well shoot me in the head while giving birth, I got this one ALL wrong.  They had Sonny admit he'd stopped looking for who he was long before Nina got town and that he didn't want to know who he used to be.  

LMAO.
and I know some YTviewers will be all GREAT REBUTTAL DIANNE when she brought up the ring - but i mean. like hello. that's moot. he saw the ring, he didn't care anymore. 

• LOL 1
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Daisy said:

OMG. Scott you are savage: "Michael, since you are all about ethics, and morals and character, can you tell the court between you and Claudia Zaachara." I laughed so. hard.  Michael pooped his pants hahhahaha. (and please include the fact Carly insisted he lie to the police!)

That was remarkably fun and I'm sad that we won't get to see him hum and ha and stutter his way into an explanation tomorrow.

Edited by YaddaYadda
Just now, YaddaYadda said:

That was remarkably fun and I'm sad that we won't get to see him stutter his way into an explanation tomorrow.

Honestly. I can say - I didn't see that one coming at all. I thought Scotty would bring up AJ or something but this is so much better). 

wait, we wont?

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Honestly. I can say - I didn't see that one coming at all. I thought Scotty would bring up AJ or something but this is so much better). 

wait, we wont?

I'm assuming that the episode that our guys missed today in the US will be on for them tomorrow, unless it's on in the markets out west. 

I wasn't expecting Scott to dredge up Claudia's murder. If anything, that's one thing Michael more than paid for what with the prison rape and all. But it's the cover-up that got him to that place. 

Scott should put Carly on the stand and read her laundry list of asshatery and then Willow, so he can ask her all about Harmony.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, YaddaYadda said:

I'm assuming that the episode that our guys missed today in the US will be on for them tomorrow, unless it's on in the markets out west. 

I wasn't expecting Scott to dredge up Claudia's murder. If anything, that's one thing Michael more than paid for what with the prison rape and all. But it's the cover-up that got him to that place. 

Scott should put Carly on the stand and read her laundry list of asshatery and then Willow, so he can ask her all about Harmony.

Ah i see. yeah GH-twitter was saying that. so we'll probably get a repeat so we are not ahead.

and Yeah. it's more of the cover up and everything that got him there, that his mother was more than happy to enforce. and is still happy to have Carly there in golden spawn's life. 

Again i just feel Monica should be here so she is asked about what "being protected" did to her and Alan and what it cost the entire family. and that it sucks. and that Alan died not having a relationship with his (at the time) only grandchild.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Willow: "We won't always agree. We don't need to always agree." Where is that Willow and can she please come back? I hate the one who does feel as if she always needs to agree with the dolt.

4 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Everyone in the US is getting the rerun today; we'll see the current ep tomorrow. There was a note in the beginning of the ep and after the first commercial break saying as much.

I think we had finally caught up from the last preemption so now we're back to being a day behind for the next 4 weeks.  So the anniversay episode won't air the day they originally thought it would. 

I thought that Diane did a fairly good job today bringing up Avery's birth.  I still think that she's the worst but she was doing her job. 

Was Nik always this stupid? Because this really seems like "needs special ed" stupidity. Is he going to get upset that Esme is moving out with Spencer now?

Joss' plan is to break up Spencer and Esme, thereby playing into Ryan's hand. Well done, Carly spawn.

"It's not Quartermaine money but we can be comfortable on $10,000 a week." LOL Spencer, how much money do you spend anyway?

I liked Britt and Terry today and Terry having Britt's back.

11 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I would take a whole half hour of Carly if it's Scott reading everything that she's done and is still doing.

LW didn't say a single word today and yet there was Carly casting her sour look over the episode.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I wasn't expecting Scott to dredge up Claudia's murder.

Claudia's murder is an odd choice since it might actually make Michael seem sympathetic, seeing as he did it in defence of Carly and newborn Josslyn.  It's like Diane pointing out Nina's coma when if anything that would explain every behaviour she's done since she came out of it.  

Even if they focus on the cover up that was all Sonny and Jason, so it doesn't paint Sonny in a good light.  

Although I did laugh at the expression on Michael and Carly's faces when Scotty brought it up.  

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Actually, I'm wondering who is in Shadybrook that Elizabeth is going to run into. Because this felt a lot during yesterday's episode that the whole purpose of this storyline has to do with someone who is at Shadybrook. The whole thing with sending her away just feels extreme. 

Either she'll see someone there, OR there will be additional incidents while she's in there that Elizabeth couldn't possibly have done. I just have a feeling that most of these incidents -- especially the life-threatening ones -- were not done by her. 

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Useful 4
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Is he going to get upset that Esme is moving out with Spencer now?

I'm really, really, really, really hoping he doesn't want them moving out because he is playing Esme and won't be able to if they're not under his roof.  

Amy's a bitch.  Having Chet move to Chicago so he has to break up with Terri is all kinds of why are you such a bitch.

I love Britt.  That is all!!

• Love 8