Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Ned has worked at ELQ for a long time. I remember a plotline decades ago where he was trying to do something new and a few dirty tricks along the way.

He's not CEO because Valentin is that since he got the majority shares to vote for him but apparently Ned is still working there, unlike Michael who left when he was ousted as CEO. What is that about Quartermaines doing everything for ELQ again, Michael?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, DanaK said:

Remind me, what does Ned do at ELQ?

What kind of company is ELQ, anyway? Has anyone ever made it clear what they do? Aurora is a media company, but ELQ certainly hasn't manufactured pickle relish for all these years, have they?

Just now, Cobalt Stargazer said:

What kind of company is ELQ, anyway? Has anyone ever made it clear what they do? Aurora is a media company, but ELQ certainly hasn't manufactured pickle relish for all these years, have they?

ELQ was originally big-time pharmaceutical company.

• Useful 2

I will say - comparing Peter to Nina was dumb. end of story. (and I have to imagine that' what that "are you serious?" look was for). From where I am sitting, the big bad things Nina has done [kidnapping Avery] was due to a mental break and then this whole Sonny Nine Months!! Nixon Falls fiasco which spiralled out of her control (where she was dead wrong and Nina has owned that). comparing that to  man who murdered several people, including, maybe arranging his brother to be murdered, kidnapping people, holding them hostage for years, kidnapping his baby, and then ultimately died, trying to kill Maxie to which on his dying breath still thinks he did nothing wrong at all. 

One is an apple and one is so beyond an orange it's not even funny. and I would argue, because it's Maxie - had Peter just fessed up before the wedding, or you know - gone to jail, and then been a normal human being, then I would think that things would have been different once she stopped being pissed off. Maxie 9x10  generally forgives a lot of things on this show mostly because I think she remembers she has NO room to judge anyone because she isn't perfect.

All of this is stemming from the Corinthii desire to delete Nina.  anytime Nina mentions that she is his grandmother, they are SO quick to either go No, MY Grandson [Carly]or No, you're just biologically his, so why does that matter anyway. Where as, Maxie flat out stated that she won't lie to Bailey about Peter at all including the fact that Peter loved her very very much. If Corinthii had their way, Nina wouldn't exist

From Nina's point of view, Carly was going to hide Wiley from her forever. I have no idea how they were going to hide the fact that Nina wasn't Willow's mother (and im sorry, recon aside, the woman said "I'm your other Mommy's mommy. that's it. I refuse to believe she sat there and told a 2 year old. ALL the business and the two year old comprehended it enough to repeat it back to Willow). I would reckon if they had simply consented to supervised visitations, or basically not be all "Well we'll make sure Wiley never knows about you ever again in life." this would be completely a non issue. I don't know of anyone who wouldn't baulk at that idea if they want to be a Mom/Dad/Grandparent. (aunt/uncle). bleating that Nina just wants someone to love her and she'll ignore Wiley's feelings] is just as ignorant as 20 years ago when Carly was bleating how horrible the Q's so a mobster was a a better choice 

And as the show pointed out several times. Bobbie, Carly [Sonny], Michael, etc. have all done crap things and no one even looks at them. Nina made a horrible decision and it's like she nailed Jesus to the cross herself.  [and I'm not justifying it. said it then, saying it now. when Nina let it go longer than a week maybe a month, she let it go on too long, and she should have just went here is the information, do with it as you will."  but if it wasn't this, it would have been something completely different, because they were going to block her from before this happened because she mentioned Nelle to the precious golden spawn 2.0.) 

• Love 12
9 hours ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Curtis and Maxie had a scene together?  I missed that.  I thought he was still in NY with Marshall and TJ.

Ir wasn't he same scene, sorry for the confusing post.

• Love 1

Okay so while I completely understood where Nina was coming from with Millow, she really did herself no favors. First of all, the two sides shouldn’t even be talking, never mind arguing. Second, she’s much older and should be wise enough not to roll around in the mud with them. Instead she not only gets in, she practically pushes them in with her. That crack about Harmony not being Willow’s real mother and ‘what about the people she stole you from?’ Was way out of line. Because right now, other than Carly and Drew, no one still alive has any idea what happened. And taking pot shots at a young woman who just lost the only mother she knew and had her world turned upside down is not going to earn Nina any brownie points. however, let it not be said that I’m in any way supportive of Millow. They’re both being completely, utterly childish with this fight.

and I couldn’t believe the show allowed Dante to remind Sonny that Michael was just like Sonny. Vengeful and vindictive to the core. That Sonny still doesn’t see it is no real surprise. But it was a nice scene.

speaking of nice scenes, GO BRAD! Speaking truth to Carly without fear. Of course she was having none of it because she’s always right, but still…two scenes in one show where a Corinthos was told the truth about themselves. More please!

• Love 6
12 hours ago, nilyank said:

So he was never going to give up on Bailey. And Maxie knew that. She knew that better than anyone how Peter viewed both her and Bailey.

True. I believe Maxie was being honest about letting Peter see Bailey, though. There are a lot of ways he could safely do that if the show wanted it to happen.

11 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:
11 hours ago, nilyank said:

ELQ was originally big-time pharmaceutical company.

Weren't they the makers of the defective condoms that resulted in Jake and Lulu's abortion?

Wait, Lulu had an abortion?! (Kidding; bringing back an old joke.) Yes, ELQ did make the defective condoms. I think that's the last time we had any direct reference to what ELQ does. Otherwise it's just a multinational corporation that high school graduate Michael feels he's completely equipped to run.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

That crack about Harmony not being Willow’s real mother and ‘what about the people she stole you from?’ Was way out of line. Because right now, other than Carly and Drew, no one still alive has any idea what happened. And taking pot shots at a young woman who just lost the only mother she knew and had her world turned upside down is not going to earn Nina any brownie points.

It was too much and Nina apologized profusely for it as she constatly does for everything that she does.

But Nina wasn't wrong. Willow is telling herself the story that Hamony took her in and saved her when her birth parents didn't want her and it's nothing, nothing like what happened to Nina with Nelle and therefore she doesn't need to have any empathy for Nina.

Willow has become so stupid that I'm surprised that she managed to pass her nursing exams.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, Daisy said:

I will say - comparing Peter to Nina was dumb. end of story. (and I have to imagine that' what that "are you serious?" look was for). From where I am sitting, the big bad things Nina has done [kidnapping Avery] was due to a mental break and then this whole Sonny Nine Months!! Nixon Falls fiasco which spiralled out of her control (where she was dead wrong and Nina has owned that). comparing that to  man who murdered several people, including, maybe arranging his brother to be murdered, kidnapping people, holding them hostage for years, kidnapping his baby, and then ultimately died, trying to kill Maxie to which on his dying breath still thinks he did nothing wrong at all. 

One is an apple and one is so beyond an orange it's not even funny. and I would argue, because it's Maxie - had Peter just fessed up before the wedding, or you know - gone to jail, and then been a normal human being, then I would think that things would have been different once she stopped being pissed off. Maxie 9x10  generally forgives a lot of things on this show mostly because I think she remembers she has NO room to judge anyone because she isn't perfect.

All of this is stemming from the Corinthii desire to delete Nina.  anytime Nina mentions that she is his grandmother, they are SO quick to either go No, MY Grandson [Carly]or No, you're just biologically his, so why does that matter anyway. Where as, Maxie flat out stated that she won't lie to Bailey about Peter at all including the fact that Peter loved her very very much. If Corinthii had their way, Nina wouldn't exist

From Nina's point of view, Carly was going to hide Wiley from her forever. I have no idea how they were going to hide the fact that Nina wasn't Willow's mother (and im sorry, recon aside, the woman said "I'm your other Mommy's mommy. that's it. I refuse to believe she sat there and told a 2 year old. ALL the business and the two year old comprehended it enough to repeat it back to Willow). I would reckon if they had simply consented to supervised visitations, or basically not be all "Well we'll make sure Wiley never knows about you ever again in life." this would be completely a non issue. I don't know of anyone who wouldn't baulk at that idea if they want to be a Mom/Dad/Grandparent. (aunt/uncle). bleating that Nina just wants someone to love her and she'll ignore Wiley's feelings] is just as ignorant as 20 years ago when Carly was bleating how horrible the Q's so a mobster was a a better choice 

And as the show pointed out several times. Bobbie, Carly [Sonny], Michael, etc. have all done crap things and no one even looks at them. Nina made a horrible decision and it's like she nailed Jesus to the cross herself.  [and I'm not justifying it. said it then, saying it now. when Nina let it go longer than a week maybe a month, she let it go on too long, and she should have just went here is the information, do with it as you will."  but if it wasn't this, it would have been something completely different, because they were going to block her from before this happened because she mentioned Nelle to the precious golden spawn 2.0.) 

I think that Nina is getting it worse than that time she induced Ava to go into labor. It was what, a few months in the psych ward? Ava isn't even wary of her, they are friends now, which I find weird since they weren't friends before all that sh*t went down between them 20 yrs ago. But Spencers, and fans are starting to point this out on Youtube, now are seeing that they have very little grace for anyone else transgressions, despite how fucked up they are.  People like Maxie and sometimes Elizabeth, will admit because of all the f*ck sh*t they done in the past, they are in no position to judge anyone's actions, especially in the name of "love." Also problematic is that Carly set up the example that you can delete problematic people, even if it was a parent or other close relative, from your kids life and go from strength to strength because of it. 

However, I don't necessarily blame Michael for being angry at Sonny, because in Michael's heart of hearts, he knows the only reason Sonny is taking Nina's side is because he is in is a relationship with her.  If this was anyone else, in a near identical situation, he would show no mercy. 

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Wait, Lulu had an abortion?! (Kidding; bringing back an old joke.)

I was hoping someone would pick up what I was putting down, lol.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Yes, ELQ did make the defective condoms. I think that's the last time we had any direct reference to what ELQ does. Otherwise it's just a multinational corporation that high school graduate Michael feels he's completely equipped to run.

And yet Ned has "NO MEDIA EXPERIENCE" and therefore can't run the proposed newly merged Aurora/ELQ.  Sure,  show, sure.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

If Michael and Willow just focused on Nina's past crimes where she was mentally ill and locked up for it and therefore Wiley isn't safe around her, I think they would have a better chance, even if Nina seems healthy now. Right now, it just looks like Michael is having a temper tantrum because Nina hid his dad's whereabouts, then got together with him and destroyed his marriage

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

However, I don't necessarily blame Michael for being angry at Sonny, because in Michael's heart of hearts, he knows the only reason Sonny is taking Nina's side is because he is in is a relationship with her.  If this was anyone else, in a near identical situation, he would show no mercy. 

actually i'd argue  [I mean Michael doesn't know this], but  it's because Sonny knows he didn't want to be found when he was Mike. As NIna said, Sonny seemed at real peace just being a barman in Podunk, Pennsyalvania. Yeah he acted like "Sonny" when he was yelling at that guy and what not. 

as well as - he lost 9 months of his life, because he went to go Murder someone. he got a new lease on life and while he's still doing Mobby things, maybe it just occurs to him too that maybe all bang bang, yer dead to people when they don't deserve to be murdered isn't something he should do all the time. most people would be happy that he's alive. Michael and Carly are too busy whinging how much he changed even before all the Nina stuff to actually appreciate the gift they got. 

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, DanaK said:

If Michael and Willow just focused on Nina's past crimes where she was mentally ill and locked up for it and therefore Wiley isn't safe around her, I think they would have a better chance, even if Nina seems healthy now. Right now, it just looks like Michael is having a temper tantrum because Nina hid his dad's whereabouts, then got together with him and destroyed his marriage

Couldn’t Nina’s lawyer just counter that Carly has the same history of crimes, mental breakdowns, and psych stays and they don’t see her as dangerous for Wiley to be around? We already know that isn’t the issue. They are mad that Sonny didn’t exact revenge on Nina. 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Daisy said:

actually i'd argue  [I mean Michael doesn't know this], but  it's because Sonny knows he didn't want to be found when he was Mike. As NIna said, Sonny seemed at real peace just being a barman in Podunk, Pennsyalvania. Yeah he acted like "Sonny" when he was yelling at that guy and what not. 

as well as - he lost 9 months of his life, because he went to go Murder someone. he got a new lease on life and while he's still doing Mobby things, maybe it just occurs to him too that maybe all bang bang, yer dead to people when they don't deserve to be murdered isn't something he should do all the time. most people would be happy that he's alive. Michael and Carly are too busy whinging how much he changed even before all the Nina stuff to actually appreciate the gift they got. 

Another problem: they never deal with what they are mad about so they go in round about ways to punish people. Sonny had responsibilities and Mike must have been aware this was a possibility. Sonny choose to steal or force his way into his kids and baby mamas' lives, so he should now live with those responsibilities. His family should be pissed at him that he never investigate his true identity because he liked being a bartender with no one to look after. Despite the narrative, Sonny did choose to be a crime boss. This isn't Fez from Euphoria. 

One thing I dislike about this show that the men aren't held to account when they dump the kids that they choose to have, like Luke did with Lulu. Laura should have been more pissed that he foisted raising their daughter completely on her mother, with her sons picking up the slack. 

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, DanaK said:

It doesn't look like. He is having a temper tantrum. Wylie seems more mature than that.

• Love 10

Catching up on yesterday - just from the first half hour:

I had to laugh at GH patient treatment. It must be the only hospital around where they have to beg patients (Liz) to stay put. Everywhere I've been in the past few years, they can't wait for you to leave. :-)

Speaking of Liz - on the one hand, she says she's fine and wants to go home; on the other hand, she openly worries that she's "losing her mind". So why brush off the psychiatrist who is in the best position to try to help you? She may not need to stay in bed in the hospital, but she should be having a more in-depth meeting with Kevin as well as her other doctors to track down the problem. 

Ned, remember, even paranoids can have real enemies. Trust me, Michael and Drew are not your friends, and even BrookLyn seems not to be on his side. 

Looks like Dante has bought the story that Wiley was somehow irreparably "hurt" by Sonny being kept from his family (also known as Sonny refusing to hear about his past for X months).

Michael seems to have no idea how to NOT confront people. 

• Love 6
21 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Brook Lynn, you need a good lawyer, not a suspended PCPD detective.

Hey, there are a least 2 lawyers in town. Call Diane or Scotty. Too bad that Alexis was disbarred, but maybe she can assign someone to write a story for The Invader.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Ned, remember, even paranoids can have real enemies. Trust me, Michael and Drew are not your friends, and even BrookLyn seems not to be on his side. 

This BL is far too much up Michael’s ass for me. I had hope they could continue the Ned/AJ dynamic but it’s a lost cause. I cringed that time she confronted Sasha when it was thought she cheated on Michael and said Michael was the golden boy and she would never find anyone better than him. Sasha might bore me as a character but she’s a hot, young model and without Michael’s family money, he’s a mediocre guy with 1 friend, a horrible personality, and unlikeable criminal family. 

• Love 11
30 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

Looks like Dante has bought the story that Wiley was somehow irreparably "hurt" by Sonny being kept from his family (also known as Sonny refusing to hear about his past for X months).

I think the writers are projecting his own situation of being gone and away from his own kid to be brainwashed by Dr. Kirk and Leisl onto this dumbness with Michael, Sonny and Wylie. 

• Love 1

I laughed at that giant bag Liz was packing.  It was overnight.  At a hospital where you work.  She must have clothes, toiletries, etc. in her locker. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Partly. The Old Sonny would have behaved like that. But we're being told that this is a more mature, complex Sonny. Michael, like Carly, can't handle that. They want the old Mob King Sonny back.

In a way it's like when someone loses a lot of weight and their family and friends (sometimes unconsciously) sabotage them because they want the old person back even though the new version is healthier and happier.

• Love 8

Nice cliff-hanger -- I even feel a small amount of interest in what Sonny is going to say.

Brook Lynn I know that Diane is supposed to be all that and a bag of chips but maybe talk to the intellectual property lawyer whose job it is to deal with this stuff rather than getting Jason and Sonny out of paying for what they did.

The Curtis/Hatman scene was nice. Finally

In contrast, the Alexis/Gonzo meet cute wasn't. Until Gonzo called her on being biased when it got better but it still seems very forced.

Carly is an idiot. Surely it's better to know if Nina really is Willow's mother before all the trial accusations happen? I know that she's not someone to think of the longterm consequences but it's it time she finally developed some frontal lobe growth?

Also I hate Harmony's 180 from "I have to make amends to Nina" to "KEEP NINA FROM WYLIE" for purely plot purposes.

Is Becky Herbst going on vacation? (If only she could take LW with her!) There's no other explanation for this "we have to send her away" turn.

I feel nothing about Finn and Liz's emotional separation.

When Diane said "And isn't it that revenge that is driving you today?" I wanted Nina to say "No. Unlike Carly I am not a narcissist and not everything is about her."

• Love 7
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Partly. The Old Sonny would have behaved like that. But we're being told that this is a more mature, complex Sonny. Michael, like Carly, can't handle that. They want the old Mob King Sonny back.

In a way it's like when someone loses a lot of weight and their family and friends (sometimes unconsciously) sabotage them because they want the old person back even though the new version is healthier and happier.

Doubt it. I think if he didn't develop "feelings" for Nina and didn't have sex with her, he would be 100% on Michael's side and throwing his weight around, never mind how irrational Michael is being. He recently got robbers out of jail to either threaten, hurt of kill them instead of have the police take care of them and kidnapped Esme to "talk" with her. 

lmao. Nina: let's please settle this outside of court. 
Willow: after you threw Harmony in my face, no chance. 
so.... whose the selfish one again? who isn't thinking about Wiley's best interest?

I love Nina's plea.  short, simple and to the point. She's not perfect she's to claiming to be, she's made mistakes, she regrets them, but Wiley is her family. Carly of course is shaking her head in disgust and Millow looks constipated. LOL and Scott brings up the point that Nina has a standard to live to and no one else does. 

Nina. open your mouth and say you tried to tell Carly and she shut you down. Tell everyone that Sonny told her that he didn't want his life and she honoured that. Don't be a martyr. geeze. But Sonny demanding to talk for Nina was nice. 

does BLQ not realize that anything she writes can be like that? someone could sell it to someone who wants to make it sound like generic pop? either accept it as a song writer, or don't be one.

can Frisbees boomerang? also Hi Alexis. heh.. Gonzo thinks that Alexis is straddling both sides of the fence, because if the paper stood for something they wouldn't have done that feature on Nina.  Man i like this guy. [that smelled like chem test to me]

he heh heh heh heh. Dianne, Dipsticks, and Carly look like so incredulous now that he's on the stand. heee. love it. 

• Love 7

One of the few saving graces of this show is that Scotty has never forgiven Sonny for grooming, sexually exploiting and drugging Karen nor have they had Sonny save Scotty's life to make him indebted to him. 

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

One of the few saving graces of this show is that Scotty has never forgiven Sonny for grooming, sexually exploiting and drugging Karen nor have they had Sonny save Scotty's life to make him indebted to him. 

i feel very confident, even if Sonny did do that, Scotty wouldn't give a rat's behind about that. He'd go right on hating Sonny. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

That hearing was . . . something. How does Diane telling Nina very matter-of-factly and snidely that she was in a coma when Nelle was born and was in a coma 20 years after meant that she could not raise her child make Nina not look sympathetic? Apparently, it's a crime in the state of NY to imagine a different life than the one that you're living in. Looking forward to Sonny torpedoing the hell out of the USS Dipshit.

LW had the easiest job for this episode. Show up, look at a text, sit and mug for the camera. Here's Carly's snarly face. Here's Carly's headshake of contempt. Here's Carly's headshake of disbelief. Now, Laura, we need eyes filled with tears! And action! 

The show deserves negative infinity points for not having Aiden and Jake be there to see their mother off. But apparently having Violet there was a must! Why is Violet so much more important than these other children? Plus I can't stand precocious soap children, no matter how cute they are. I don't understand the reasoning behind their choices when it comes to kids. There's some school fair with children. Scout has some painting on display and Avery has is dancing. Nope, let's hire and pay a bunch of extras, and not bring in the two girls in question. It's Leo's birthday! Let's cram that with adults! This show is so weird and inorganic.

I liked the scenes with Alexis and Gregory. I thought they had good chemistry, but these incestuous combos need to stop. 

• Love 9
42 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Gonzo thinks that Alexis is straddling both sides of the fence, because if the paper stood for something they wouldn't have done that feature on Nina. 

Bingo.

• Love 6

So Diane's strategy to accuse Nina of being unfit, was that she took no interest in Nelle while she was growing up....while she was in a coma. Uh, yeah, that's the whole reason why Nina is such a sympathetic character. She was in a vegetative state for twenty years while a psycho raised her kid(s). Then Diane smugly returns to Millow and all but high fives them over such a winning argument. What? 

Other than that, I enjoyed the courthouse scenes. I thought CW did a great job, I liked Sonny asking to be put on the stand, and the subsequent faces of doom on team Millow, and I got a good chuckle seeing Scotty shoot up to tell the judge lol

• Love 11

When would Diane say a contract couldn't be challenged? She's got Cartullo shoes to buy. You can sue for anything! The judge might toss the case, but that doesn't mean you can't start the process. 

Scott, stop screaming in court. Nina is right in front of you. He's always bellowing.

I like that everyone is letting Elizabeth set her own cure here. She's not going to get better if she doesn't feel like people aren't supporting her. Finn is being kind of selfish, but at least he's not making unilateral decisions for Elizabeth.

So I guess things are totes resolved between Curtis and Hat Man. All it took was a mugging. Alrighty then. 

"I've been less than honest about a lot of things." That's probably the first time Marshall has been honest.

I don't quite get the handwringing over Marshall's meds. Isn't it better he's being treated? This show is so weird about this stuff.

Too bad Nina never said Mike wasn't interested in finding his family. Scott dropped the ball by not pursuing that line. I don't get why the show keeps ignoring that. 

Well, we lost the last three minutes or so to breaking news. Can someone please recap? Elizabeth was saying goodbye to everyone.

• Love 3
(edited)

Isn’t Diane still on Sonny’s retainer? I know he isn’t the person suing but he’s clearly on the opposite side of this case so it’s questionable. It’s a conflict of interest at best

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 8
(edited)
12 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Isn’t Diane still on Sonny’s retainer? I know he isn’t the person suing but a case he’s clearly on the opposite side of is questionable. It’s a conflict of interest at best

Yep. But this show doesn't give any figgedity fucks about that.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 6

Lol at Gregory telling Violet to go play on her own and then giving her a frisbee!  That’s not exactly a solo activity, heh.

It’s weird that Liz is all ready to get shipped off somewhere for whatever is wrong with her.  She doesn’t even know what that is yet!  Is it her sleeping meds?  Some sort of psychotic break?  You’d think she’d want to get a handle on what was actually going on so she could figure out where exactly she could get the right treatment.

I enjoyed all the Ashford family scenes. 

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Too bad Nina never said Mike wasn't interested in finding his family. Scott dropped the ball by not pursuing that line. I don't get why the show keeps ignoring that. 

I'm hoping that comes from Sonny's own mouth tomorrow on the stand. Although Carly & Co. should've realized by now that in the year 2022, if Mike didn't know who he was, it was because he was actively trying not to know. The subconscious motivations for this are also pretty obvious. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, CharethCutestory said:

I'm hoping that comes from Sonny's own mouth tomorrow on the stand.

Oh, man, I would love if he said that Nina, several times, asked him if he wanted to find out about his past and he always said no--that he liked the Mike he was then.  The looks on Carly and Michael's faces would be *chef's kiss.*

• Love 9

I'm hoping Sonny says on the stand he had no interest, as Mike, in finding out who is family might be. I'm not holding my breath, though, as Sonny rarely takes responsibility for any of his actions.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

That hearing was . . . something. How does Diane telling Nina very matter-of-factly and snidely that she was in a coma when Nelle was born and was in a coma 20 years after meant that she could not raise her child make Nina not look sympathetic?

Yes. Diane did a piss poor job for her clients. She was confrontational, condescending and just downright mean.  And then that little twerp Michael thinks she did such a good job.  What an idiot.

• Love 10
19 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I'm hoping Sonny says on the stand he had no interest, as Mike, in finding out who is family might be. I'm not holding my breath, though, as Sonny rarely takes responsibility for any of his actions.

He should but if I would be surprised if he did or his family calling him out for more or less abandoning his family by never trying to figure out as Mike if he had any kids. 

25 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I'm hoping Sonny says on the stand he had no interest, as Mike, in finding out who is family might be.

and

49 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Oh, man, I would love if he said that Nina, several times, asked him if he wanted to find out about his past and he always said no

There is no way that will come out on the stand.  The writers wrote it that way but distanced themselves from it by having no one, not Sonny, not Nina and not Jax bring it up at any time in the past 6 months, since Sonny has been back.  The same way they've conveniently forgotten that Sonny was alone in NF with Phyllis for 3 months before Nina even showed up.  

• Love 3

If Nina has to be cross examined by Diane to prove she is worthy of being with Wylie, why can't Scotty cross examine Millow to prove that she isn't worthy.  

58 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Lol at Gregory telling Violet to go play on her own and then giving her a frisbee!

That was so weird.  Did the director not understand the concept of a frisbee?   She threw it than had to chase it, what is that?  They obviously wanted it to land at Alexis' feet, so she'd return it, but they could have still had that happen with the normal way to use a frisbee. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I'm surprised that Liz didn't ask Laura about what it's like at Shady Brook. Didn't Laura spend years there in some kind of coma-like state? (Apologies if she did ask; the beginning of the episode was cut off for breaking news).

Didn't TJ as a doctor think it was important to share the info about Marshall's meds with the doctor actually treating him? It might be important due to side effects or interactions with other drugs.

I can't believe that Scotty didn't use the "Counsel is testifying!" objection when Diane was telling everyone what Nina felt and why she felt it. I also agree that telling everyone that Nina never had the chance to parent her daughter because she was in a coma doesn't exactly make Nina look like a villain. If anything, it makes her reason for wanting to see Wylie more understandable. (Not that I would care if I were she, but whatever...)

I also found it hard to believe that Diane would wave around the Invader article as if it were actual evidence and not a "journalistic" hit job or that the judge would accept that kind of "evidence". 

Good for Gonzo giving Alexis a little feedback. No matter how innately talented she might be, she's still a novice newspaper editor with an absentee owner, so there are things she needs to learn. Plus, turning up her nose at Hemingway (and someone else) as not being in the 21st century was silly, especially since he used those examples to illustrate that being inexperienced (as SHE IS) is not necessarily a barrier to doing good work.

Speaking of not being in the 21st century - I always wondered how far out of the loop Nixon Falls was - you'd think that the disappearance (and presumed death) of a notorious criminal, even from Port Charles, would have been mentioned somewhere, along with Sonny's picture. Newpaper, TV, even online? No one in that town thought, "Hey that guy looks like the crime boss who's missing"? I bet if the Invader was in NF, someone would have covered it.

• Love 2

Boy, I hope Elizabeth being shipped off for treatment isn’t the end of this story because then I will be disappointed in another weak ending to an interesting storyline

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

If Nina has to be cross examined by Diane to prove she is worthy of being with Wylie, why can't Scotty cross examine Millow to prove that she isn't worthy.  

We've heard only Nina's side; I presume the dolts will be able to tell the court why Nina is Satan.

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

Yes. Diane did a piss poor job for her clients. She was confrontational, condescending and just downright mean.  And then that little twerp Michael thinks she did such a good job.  What an idiot.

Diane is a piss poor lawyer generally but she always gets praised because she supports the Corinthii and the writing always has them win.

Remember when Diane was pushing Alexis to have an affair with her therapist which led to Neil losing his license and Alexis being disbarred?

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Daisy said:

He didn't go to murder Julian. He wanted him alive so he can confess that Cyrus was behind the bombing