Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL that Esmé's underwear is white instead of, say, harlot red. Hee.

Willow, Nina has been begging to see Wiley since she found out he was her grandson. This isn't new behavior. Good grief.

Can't Nina appeal the ruling? She has a decent case for judicial prejudice, I'd think.

I don't know about real life, and this IS the FAKAKTA General Hospital, and a soap, so Nina should be able to appeal based on judicial bias.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Dear god when is Chase’s suspension going to be over??

From Wiki:  Punched Valentin Cassadine in the face [Nov 29, 2021; suspended from the P.C.P.D. for six months]

So it should be over by now.  

• Useful 6

Michael’s sudden outage at Sonny being a criminal when he’s always been a criminal rings hallow. His extreme anger is clearly about the fact that Sonny didn’t seek revenge against Nina but even the show knows that no one will root for him being mad at daddy for not killing a woman over a lie. 

• Applause 6
  • Love 2

Viewers were startled when GENERAL HOSPITAL announced that the role of Michael Corinthos was temporarily being played by Robert Adamson in the June 1 episode. But after sharing a link to the news on his Twitter along with some applause emojis, regular portrayer Chad Duell reassured his fans.

“I’m good,” he tweeted. “I’ll be back filming next week. Was COVID-related. Robert did great.” While the actor didn’t go into any further detail regarding whether he tested positive for COVID or if it was just a scare and production was erring on the side of caution, it’s good to know he’s fine and will be back on set soon.

• Sad 5
25 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

From Wiki:  Punched Valentin Cassadine in the face [Nov 29, 2021; suspended from the P.C.P.D. for six months]

So it should be over by now.  

It should be, but they'll drag it another three months. How else is Chase going to help BLQ get all her music back, while they take one step forward toward a relationship, have a bagillion interruptions, then take about ten steps back?

They'll reinstate him when they come up with a storyline where the PCPD needs an extra detective.

21 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Viewers were startled when GENERAL HOSPITAL announced that the role of Michael Corinthos was temporarily being played by Robert Adamson in the June 1 episode. But after sharing a link to the news on his Twitter along with some applause emojis, regular portrayer Chad Duell reassured his fans.

“I’m good,” he tweeted. “I’ll be back filming next week. Was COVID-related. Robert did great.” While the actor didn’t go into any further detail regarding whether he tested positive for COVID or if it was just a scare and production was erring on the side of caution, it’s good to know he’s fine and will be back on set soon.

Boo hissssss. Booooo!

• Applause 2
  • Love 6

Okay they clearly don't know or care what to do with Joss. Please have the guts to just ditch the actress, show.

Yes, let's not cast this guy as Lucky or Dillon but give him the dumbest name since "Franco Baldwin" and then have stupid Sam ask Dante why he hasn't told him about some idiot from decades ago. (Did Sam tell him about his dad knocking her up yet?)

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Okay they clearly don't know or care what to do with Joss. Please have the guts to just ditch the actress, show.

Yes, let's not cast this guy as Lucky or Dillon but give him the dumbest name since "Franco Baldwin" and then have stupid Sam ask Dante why he hasn't told him about some idiot from decades ago. (Did Sam tell him about his dad knocking her up yet?)

why is the name "Cody" dumb?

26 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Ah, so he didn't need a few days off to get married and then immediately divorced.  Good to know.

lol  really?

also boo that we can't keep Temp Michael

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I’ve been saying this for awhile but I think she lost her lead of the teen group status the minute Spencer showed up, which I don’t mind because I never thought she was a strong actress. They use her as much as WL, who asked to be taken off contract, and I’d argue that even Cameron has more going on right now since he’s in on Spencer’s plan. Joss whines about Esme, acts as Trina’s bff or comments on what’s going on with her family. 

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, Daisy said:

why is the name "Cody" dumb?

Cody Bell together to me just sounds very made-up (which it is obviously but you know what I mean). 

1 minute ago, ffwbe said:

I’ve been saying this for awhile but I think she lost her lead of the teen group status the minute Spencer showed up, which I don’t mind because I never thought she was a strong actress. They use her as much as WL, who asked to be taken off contract, and I’d argue that even Cameron has more going on right now since he’s in on Spencer’s plan. Joss whines about Esme, acts as Trina’s bff or comments on what’s going on with her family. 

I agree with you but it takes a crowbar for FV to relinquish the kid actors. It would be so easy to just send Joss to Jax though.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, CharethCutestory said:

So JK is yet another brand new character and he has some way back tie to Dante. OMG, WHO CARES?! He should've been Lucky, it's the perfect time for him to come back between what's going on with Liz, Nik, and Laura. What a waste.

I agree.

Though until they link him to some PC family (yawn) he can at least date anyone in town without needing a genealogist. That's something. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Cody Bell together to me just sounds very made-up (which it is obviously but you know what I mean). 

There's actually an actor named CoBy Bell, that's what was weird to me: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coby_Bell

This might sound nuts because I'm #teambritt, but when Cody asked Dante about Britt, I really wanted him to lay out the Ben/Rocco story.

But I'm in for Britt and Cody...Brody?  Bellbourne?  

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Useful 2

Boo that CD will be back soon. I don't need Michael in any form but especially in CD's "acting".

And Joss can go too. It's really bad doe a kid to let him always win and twll him it's because he is so special.

Can someone give Drew a second brain cell to keep his one lone cell company? Can he be that stupid to believe Carly?

Speaking of stupid, Nik's "Why didn't you tell me this before [I had sex with Esme]? If Esme tells Spencer, it will blow up Nik's marriage but will Ryan give access to her money to live on then?

3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Am I the only getting a vibe between Dante and Cody that maybe their friendship was more than friendship?

That would be more interesting than this meet-not-cute for Britt. I'd rather her with Drew, maybe she can break the Stupid Spell Carly put on him.

Speaking of Dante, I hate how this shows promotes that it's okay to lie to people if you don't like them. Why couldn't Dante just have told Britt that there was no grounds to arrest Cody instead of pretending to arrest him but really just taking him out for drinks?

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

This might sound nuts because I'm #teambritt, but when Cody asked Dante about Britt, I really wanted him to lay out the Ben/Rocco story.

I mean, you'd think that would be the first thing he'd mention. Plus, Josh Kelly could give some great WTF!? faces.

53 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Boo that CD will be back soon. I don't need Michael in any form but especially in CD's "acting".

And Joss can go too. It's really bad doe a kid to let him always win and twll him it's because he is so special.

Can someone give Drew a second brain cell to keep his one lone cell company? Can he be that stupid to believe Carly?

Speaking of stupid, Nik's "Why didn't you tell me this before [I had sex with Esme]? If Esme tells Spencer, it will blow up Nik's marriage but will Ryan give access to her money to live on then?

That would be more interesting than this meet-not-cute for Britt. I'd rather her with Drew, maybe she can break the Stupid Spell Carly put on him.

Speaking of Dante, I hate how this shows promotes that it's okay to lie to people if you don't like them. Why couldn't Dante just have told Britt that there was no grounds to arrest Cody instead of pretending to arrest him but really just taking him out for drinks?

She was drunk off her ass. He probably lied so she wouldn't start having a drunken tantrum to arrest him.

So Joss thinks it would be fun for Wiley to...take him to a courthouse?  For all she knew the trial was still in progress.  No wonder she was WAITLISTED TO SOUTHERN COASTAL UNIVERSITY! 

Also, the "let's all stand around and laugh at every precocious word that comes out of Wiley's mouth" was super cringey.  The kid shouldn't exist, but this kid actor has a certain look to him that reads "fuck these adults" so I'm going to pretend by the time  he's a teen he'll have researched all those assholes, applied to be emancipated, and goes to live with Grandma Nina.  I'd also like a pony.

Interesting thought: are Michael and Willow going to forbid Sonny from seeing Wiley, too?  Since they're both acting like toddlers who can't share, and since Michael has laughably declared Sonny as "the evul" (and let's be clear: it's not because he's a mobster and Michael's eyes have been opened, it's because he didn't kill Nina and dump her body in the Pine Barrons), I would assume he doesn't want his precious progeny anywhere near him.  Meaning his only grandparent will be the Queen Shrew herself (LMAO at that one calling anyone else selfish and entitled).

I have zero thoughts about Cody.  He's OK to look at, but hooray, another character on the canvas I have no vested interest in.

What's Esme's endgame here?  I thought it was to break Nik and Ava up, which all she had to do was come prancing back into the room in her undies. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I'd also like a pony.

You have a better chance at getting a pony than you do at any fantasy about the vilest residents of PC hitting rock bottom before they get buried under a pile of trash. 

I'm mostly tired of all the revisionist history and the mental gymnastics it takes for them to come out on the winning side all the damn time. A kick in the teeth every now and again would do these asshats a world of good.

• Like 1
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
31 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

What's Esme's endgame here?  I thought it was to break Nik and Ava up, which all she had to do was come prancing back into the room in her undies. 

Esme probably has already determined that Nik is an idiot and Ava is smarter than him. Nik will be unable to keep this secret from Ava and Esme doesn't have to do anything. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, ulkis said:

I agree with you but it takes a crowbar for FV to relinquish the kid actors. It would be so easy to just send Joss to Jax though.

It was so clear to me that they held back on SORASing Spencer for so long because they kept hoping that Nicholas Betchel would get a growth spurt and turn into a soap acceptable hunk, and that just didn't happen. 

At this point they really should just have Joss transfer to Southern Coastal University or something.

I like Josh from his work on One Life To Live, but I keep thinking he would have been a really fun Dillon Quartermaine recast.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

I like Josh from his work on One Life To Live, but I keep thinking he would have been a really fun Dillon Quartermaine recast.

yea. Or Lucky. 
A lot of ppl on twitter aren't happy with a new character even though he's for britt.

• Useful 1
5 hours ago, Daisy said:

yea. Or Lucky. 
A lot of ppl on twitter aren't happy with a new character even though he's for britt.

People also complain that every baby born is related to pretty much every other baby.  The way to solve this is new characters not related to anybody.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Daisy said:

yea. Or Lucky. 

The cast is bloated and I would have preferred a recast rather than a new character, but anyway you flip it, the show needs an infusion of new blood and someone who isn't related to the canvas. 

Nobody wants to have the Habsburgs on screen. I mean Wylie is already calling Joss his girlfriend, so yeah . . .

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
(edited)
22 hours ago, LexieLily said:

When Carly was looking at the DNA results for Willow/Nina, the paper said Proof of Paternity. 

The conclusion mentioned that Patient A was the mother of Patient B. WTF, prop peeps?

20 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I like to think Esmé is (rightly) still a bit afraid of Ava, so Esmé will concentrate on blackmailing/torturing Nik, which he totally deserves for being such a penis-led idiot.

It cracked me up how everyone coos about Wiley's intelligence and yet the talk in the courthouse was all euphemisms. Because it's only Nina who will tell the idiot child the unvarnished truth right now. PLEASE.

Edited by dubbel zout
belated typo
  • Love 3
56 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Nobody wants to have the Habsburgs on screen. I mean Wylie is already calling Joss his girlfriend, so yeah . . .

Seriously? Isn't Joss his aunt?  By blood even.

• Love 1
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Seriously? Isn't Joss his aunt?  By blood even.

Yes, she is his aunt since she is one of Carly's spawns. 

But the whole thing was intended as cute coming from Wylie since children his age don't really understand this stuff, although apparently they understand an explanation about how they are related to them, see Nina telling him that she is his biological mother's mother, which sent Willow into a tizzy because he apparently told her she wasn't his mom. 

I was trying to think about what little girls aren't related to Wylie, and the only one I came up with is Violet. Scout is a cousin, Donna is his aunt. Avery, though not blood-related, is also his aunt.

There's Bailey, but I think that inflicting Wylie on her after giving her Peter for a father is a bridge too far.

Speaking of Donna, I think it's time soras her so that she can tell Carly where to go.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Like 2
  • Love 7
21 minutes ago, ouinason said:

Donna SORASed to about 10, runs away to live with Daddy and adores Nina... this is the dream, lol

Calls Nina "mommy Nina," lie Avery calls Carly "mommy Carly."

Let's see how much Carly loves that!

• Applause 3
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

my birthday is in several weeks. 
please. let this happen. give it to me, Show. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, Katy M said:

People also complain that every baby born is related to pretty much every other baby.  The way to solve this is new characters not related to anybody.

Yeah, but Lucky and Dillon are legacy characters who aren't related to a lot of people. It's mostly the Corinthos and Jeromes and now anyone related to Nina very interrelated.

Edited by ulkis
(edited)
35 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Carly has been coparenting Avery since was born even when Ava/Sonny have not been around. Donna has never met Nina, so no reason for her to know her or call her  anything except Maybe Daddy’s friend.

Edited by nilyank
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Yeah, but Lucky and Dillon are legacy characters who aren't related to a lot of people. It's mostly the Corinthos and Jeromes and now anyone related to Nina very interrelated.

as well as with Liz's sleepwalking and Cam stressing out, and all the ELQ drama, those guys would make mre sense to re-introduce now vs. a love interest for Britt (right now). Not saying that we don't need more new blood and all but at the same time. if we're adding to the bloat, would be nice to add bloat that made sense.  we don't need more bebes right now anyway

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Carly has been coparenting Avery since was born even when Ava/Sonny have not been around. Donna has never met Nina, so no reason for her to know her or call her  anything except Maybe Daddy’s friend.

Breaker of dreams. 

• LOL 4
31 minutes ago, nilyank said:

You never know. Donna is like 2 or 3 and was calling Jason daddy last year. Ric started bonding with Kristina around that age and she called him daddy Ric up until the time she was sorased to a teen

• Love 2

They're not actually going to have Esme sex both father and son, on the same day, and not even a shower between, are they?  Because that really icks me, and I don't mind this storyline.  I think soap needs dirt.  But come on.  Ick. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Love 1

Oh thank god, I thought they were going to have Nina be dumb and kidnap the spawn, but she didn't. phew. Again today - I really liked Sonny. I need a shower.  Honestly, what I would do is just write letters to the kid, and always post them. (AND keep copies). that way he'll know that she cared etc. 

Bearded Wonder was out west. He's so mobby. yawn
Sam offering someone she met 3 minutes ago a job to someone Dante hasn't seen since he was like a kid. great decision processes there. 

Taggert being a daddy was fun. 

Nik is dumb. 

• Fire 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

Im sorry to any fans of Rory, but boy that man is a snooze. Hes basically just abs, soda, and following the rules of the land. I need that fire...though seeing the difference of reactions from Taggart abd Portia when Trina brought him over was awesome. To the point where I want Soencer and Trina to finally work and we see their reactions to that.

Is it just me or is Nik actually jealous of his own son? This better lead to Spencer/Ava teaming up or even Spencer going to Victor for help.

Also, whoever is writing the teen scene deserves a raise cause that is the only thing, besides seeing when Chase/BLQ are going to bang and Anna that are wprth watching from this soap.

• Love 3

It seems like there might be a thawing on the Ava/Spencer front. I am fine with Esme staying at Wyndemere and putting the screws to Nik. At least he had the decency not to kiss Ava before taking a shower.

Taggert being a dad girl, and not liking Rory who has an answer to everything was a lot of fun. The different reactions from Portia and Taggert were typical mom and dad reactions, which was fun to watch. Please let Portia have more scenes away from Curtis. That couple does not work. She works so much better with Taggert.

Puhleaze! No one tries to convince me that Brick is proficient with a computer. So Spinelli chose the mob over Ellie only to lose his job to a brick? It is kind of funny in a karma sort of way.

So Cody moved out west to work with horses. Are they finally about to birth that mob storyline they've been hinting at for the past 100 years, or still no dice?

I actually like the Sonny/Nina scenes (not the dancing, mind you), which makes me feel dirty. Color me shocked that I don't feel like throwing something on my screen every time Sonny shows up. I guess that's what his family hates about him now, that he is somewhat likable.

• Like 5
  • Love 5

I hate these strolls down memory lane. They always sound so fake, and they don't make me warm up to the newer character. (Not that I'm cold toward Josh Kelly; it's the general MO I'm whining about.) And Sam has to find all of this fascinating? No.

Oh, Cam. Why haven't you dumped your rigid, controlling girlfriend? Joss will berate you whenever you decide to tell her about Spencer; you can't win with her.

Yay! Réal Andrews is back. Love Taggart as a dad. I do wish things were a teensy bit less gendered with Taggart and Portia's reactions.

17 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I guess that's what his family hates about him now, that he is somewhat likable.

He wouldn't kill Nina because their fee-fees were hurt. Ugh. And now Sonny is preventing Nina from leaving Port Charles. I'm probably supposed to find this charming, but I hate it. Let her get over the loss the way she wants to, not the way you want her to. Sonny hasn't changed that much.

"I forgive you for what you did to me!" Oh, Sonny. You are at least as culpable, you jerk. Why won't the show write that? It's so aggravating.

• Applause 2
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

He wouldn't kill Nina because their fee-fees were hurt. Ugh. And now Sonny is preventing Nina from leaving Port Charles. I'm probably supposed to find this charming, but I hate it. Let her get over the loss the way she wants to, not the way you want her to. Sonny hasn't changed that much.

well to be fair. (oh ewww.. defending Sonny) - the last time Nina was super upset and ran away, the last two years happened. I do get grieving and what not how she wants to and that makes sense and I respect that. but i also think (right now) she's so laser focused on wiley's my only family, that she just blocked out Lisel, Britt, Maxie, and baby James. (and Phyllis) that's her family too, [i kinda wish Sonny focused on that]. 

I also do feel that the best way to put the screws to the dipsticks - is not running away. Imagine the crowing that they would do if they wake up and realize she ran off?  Like i said. Carly and Dipsticks do not deserve to "win" on the front that they "made Nina run off."  - not going to say that was in Sonny's head either, but that's why im glad he stopped her.

• Like 1
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

The cast is bloated and I would have preferred a recast rather than a new character, but anyway you flip it, the show needs an infusion of new blood and someone who isn't related to the canvas. 

A recast Lucky would have been perfect for Britt. He's been away far too long.

• Love 4