Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 9/30/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

8 hours ago, Tammee said:
13 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

what in the heck was that dance thing the GM3 gang did?  So forced and fake.  

Im still trying to find out why they were even there

Because ABC can't admit they need to cancel the show.

They can rename it, change the set, add another host and it is still terrible. So they endless try to promote it and send them off to The View.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, TheView said:

I want Whoopi to go off, make her movie, and never come back. Why is she still on The View? 

The paycheck. She couldn’t care less about anything else, nor even ‘fake act’ good enough to show it most times. 

• Love 15
17 hours ago, Haleth said:

Ha!  More like pray for Meghan.  Rachel has debated and taken down far worthier opponents.

In her previous incarnation as a “cool young Republican who supports gay rights”, Meghan often appeared on Rachel’s show. They even went to a gun show together. Very interested to see how they interact tomorrow.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, AdeleDazeem said:

I sucked it up and watched a lot of the show for the first (and only?) time for a year and a half or more because I wanted to listen to the Clintons.

Oh, yeah. MM was read the riot act about keeping her piehole closed and not pulling her usual nasty, ignorant, trying-to-bait shit with Hillary and Chelsea. It was a thing of beauty to watch her trying not to explode. Her hands were red. 

The loooong standing ovation Hillary and Chelsea got on Colbert was heartwarming. 

If you can access it, I highly recommend that you watch HRC & CC on Stephen Colbert from Tues, 10/1. The audience’s response to them was so amazing that it made me teary eyed!

My mistake - you did watch Colbert. Wasn’t it one of the greatest things you’ve seen on TV in the last few weeks?

Also, did anyone else hear Whoopi pronounce “Rodham” as “Roddin”? I rewound it five times and I swear Whoopi said “Hillary Roddin Clinton.”

Lastly, Whoopi telling everyone to see a doctor the minute they don’t feel well was rich. Maybe she meant doctors should only be seen for heart issues?  If you’ve got pneumonia or bronchial issues, keep on smoking and count your pennies! 

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 15
9 hours ago, Bridget said:

Lastly, Whoopi telling everyone to see a doctor the minute they don’t feel well was rich. Maybe she meant doctors should only be seen for heart issues?  If you’ve got pneumonia or bronchial issues, keep on smoking and count your pennies! 

Maybe her pneumonia doctors should come back and discuss her VAPING!

• Love 10

Yeah i would have liked to have heard more about the book, ditto Chelsea, but they just kept asking HRC stuff.  Is this the first time she's been back since the election?  There was a lot of relevant questions i was curious to hear her opinion on. Sorry Chels....can HRC run for Senate again?  

• Love 6

Eh. I wouldn't put too much stock in Trump's campaign fundraising amount, Meghan. A lot of big businesses and corporations support him. CEO of Planet Fitness, My Pillow guy, the heir to Estée Lauder, and the chairman of Marvel Entertainment have all donated money towards his 2020 campaign - and that's just off the top of my head. That's kind of what Joy was getting at when she brought up Trump's tax cuts for the rich, but Meghan said, "no, that's not it."

It might not be the only reason, but it's for sure a contributing factor. Anytime Joy brings up the tax cuts for the wealthy, Meghan brushes it off.

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Love 20

That last segment of McCain screaming…. For heaven’s sake. Clearly she wanted to shout at Rachel Maddow for telling it like it is about Faux News being run like a political operative, and transferred that rage to some random topic instead. You just know Joy wanted to say the only reason her social media isn’t a hindrance to McCain is because of the same nepotism that landed her this job, but instead went for a softer explanation. It’s like trying to feed a 2-year-old. Earlier in the show, Whoopi imitated Trump falling on the floor and throwing a tantrum—that’s practically what we were watching from McCain at the end of show. Ugh.

• Love 21
5 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Me=Again was so thrilled that Rachel brought up her Father: John McCain!-  Rachel is just so interesting & funny & bright, just like the panelists on The View should be!

Guests are catching on that if they praise John McCain, his daughter will drop her filet knife.

Unfortunately that didn't stop her from over-talking and over-screaming during every single segment today.  I guess that the talking-to about professionalism she got before Monday's show has worn off already.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 3
  • Love 15

Whoopi & Abby think they are so woke with their tribute to Latin Americans month, but don't bother to check the pronunciation beforehand.  This defeats the purpose - to teach a bit of history and make them household names - instead they are presented as unpronounceable oddities.

• Love 20

Not all of the Democratic candidates have released their 3rd quarter fund raising totals yet, notably Elizabeth Warren and Joe Biden, so Bernie may not have the highest total. 

Trump's approval rating may have gone up in that particular poll, but I've seen others in the last few days where it's gone down.   And no "squad member" is even running for president. 

I do agree with Abby -- in that clip Joe Biden was not showing any fire in the belly.  As he was saying neither he nor his family would be destroyed by what what's going on he was looking straight down and reading from his notes, when you'd think that could be said while looking at the audience.

( Whoa - I just saw a longer clip of this speech on CNN, and it's even worse than Abby implied; Biden, who is quite capable of giving a rousing speech, sounded terrible, deflated, and hardly made any eye contact with the audience).  

Presidents dueled and shot each other?  Andrew Jackson did kill someone in a duel 20+ years before he became president.  Aaron Burr was Vice President when he killed Alexander Hamilton. 

"Cry wolf" again?  Abby, just because Trump hasn't yet suffered any consequences for his wrongdoings does not mean he didn't do anything wrong.  

Were there some gasps in the audience when Rachel said Trump said this morning that he also wanted the Chinese to investigate the Bidens?  It was hard to tell for sure.

Rachel was friends with Roger Ailes?!!!!  

Ha! Meghan a bad bitch at what she does.  She's so delusional.  No wonder she doesn't think she needs to work on improving her professional skills.  She thinks she's all that.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

Today, yet again, I saw MM and Abby deflecting from the actual crimes of trump to talk about the ads and how they’ve handled it, ‘crying wolf’, etc.  they use the excuse that they just want this to be perfectly handled since they agree this is clearly impeachable, but I sometimes think they protest too much.  Let’s focus on the crimes he’s committed. Makes me wonder sometimes. Rachel handled it all well...no surprise there.  I also agree (gasp) with Abby (and Lusinia) that Biden doesn’t appear to have ‘fire in his belly’.  I’ve said that from the beginning that he doesn’t seem to want this that much.  And Sarah heart...if you get msnbc, you get Rachel’s show.  

• Love 16
2 hours ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

This was a waste of Rachel's time.

Oh, I know. She is entirely too smart to explain anything to any of them.

She is there to promote her book...that is the only reason.

Edited by OnTime
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
7 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

I’ve said that from the beginning that he doesn’t seem to want this that much.

Maybe he expected campaigning to be easy...maybe he continues to think he's  a shoo-in.

13 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

Has sunny lost weight? she is tiny

Some weeks ago they mentioned that she's losing weight due to some gastrointestinal difficulties

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Well, she’s bad at what she does and she’s a bitch, so there’s that.

Loved Rachel’s dismissal of the Biden propaganda and whistleblower (talking to House staff) misdirection, and saying the focus should remain on the crimes. Period. 

😄Dead!😂

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

This so much! Especially the bolded. It seemed to me that she interrupted with her Assange question and condemnation because she felt left out and couldn’t add to what Hillary and Chelsea were saying. I really really wished Hillary hadn’t kept thanking her, as if Meghan said something everyone else was dismissing.😒😒😒😒😒

And she was the only one “reading” her questions-because it was clear to me she didn’t write them and was probably told what to ask.  No fucking way I bought her disingenuous praise for Hillary. Not after her hatred for her that she’s been spewing since she got this gig. She just HAD to throw in “veterans” when Hillary was talking about heroes.

Meghan took down Pam Anderson (in her mind)!  Proudest moment of her life.  Taking down a weird woman with bad plastic surgery,  that hangs with a guy no one likes and Megan is wearing it like a badge.  It wasn't that impressive Meg.  

• LOL 9
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Rachel Maddow is much classier in her responses than I would've been in her position. And who helps Abby prepare her questions for guests? So Rachel Maddow reporting on the facts means she’s part of the problem? Mmkay Abby. 

Whoopi of course never knows what the hell she's talking about.

Meghan "As A Conservative" McCain and her questions didn't surprise me one bit. She implied that the impeachment investigation couldn’t be taken seriously because of what Adam Schiff said in the beginning of the hearing last week. Smh. 

This was a waste of Rachel's time.

I am sure this is based on her husbands tweets last night.  I was wondering if this opinion would make it to the show and low and behold it did.  It sounds like Rachel did waste her time.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
28 minutes ago, pinguina said:

MM (and Abby) tried to misdirect and Rachel Maddow would give the facts! (eg. MM said the whistleblower contacted aides, Schiff specifically, in Congress regarding what he/she knew.  Rachel said that is the way it is done in both Houses.  Whistleblowers typically contact aides not Congress or Senate members specifically.  Not unusual at all.)   

Also loved that when anyone asked for Rachel for her opinion she would answer , "That's above my pay grade."  To me that meant she was only giving facts and correct procedures in this case (impeachment inquiry/impeachment).  

And, this is for you Abby, "cry wolf" does not mean what you think it means.  Apparently, Abby, you think it means "look here!  This is important!  This is illegal.  Everyone ignore it!'  It actually means to tell a lie for help when it is not needed!  

Facts Shmacks.  When did that stop Meghan from a really good tirade?  HA!

• LOL 4
  • Love 10

Can somebody please smack those poll numbers out of Meghan's mouth? She only ever cites Rasmussen, which always has Trump's approval in the 48-52% range. Everybody else (save HarrisX, which is affiliated with Rasmussen), is consistently in the 38-42% range. Indeed, the only reason Trump's approval is skewed higher on 538 is because of those Rasmussen numbers. Today and yesterday's poll numbers, to wit:

YouGov: 42%

Gallup: 40%

Rasmussen: 47%

Ipsos: 40%

Morning Consult: 41%

HarrisX: 49%

Public Policy Polling: 40%. 

Two of those things are not like the others. And I know that Meghan knows this. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 18

I think one problem is that Meghan spouts numbers to support what she says, and the numbers are not telling the whole story, and sometimes are irrelevant .  Like today, she rattled off dollar numbers of campaign contributions, as though the dollar amounts meant what?  Innocence/guilt?  Popularity?   

And when she cites poll numbers, she just rattles off numbers, without a thoughtful analysis of what those numbers actually MEAN.  

I only watched the first segment so far of today's show.   I wanted so much for Joy to yell out - WAIT until I finish the damn sentence!!!!     there were three times that Joy started to say something, and the conclusion was lost in the screeching coming from Meghan.   Even JOy's split screen comment - she wasn't able to finish the though because Meghan had to scream "I LOVED THAT!"   and derail the discussion.  

• Love 12

Meghan always cherry-picks the polls she mentions.  The ones she likes are right.  And this is the girl who just said on Monday of this week ,"... it's important that (conservatives on tv) are honest about what's happening". 

Edited by lusinia
  • LOL 7
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

One more thing MM dosen't know, Robert DeNiro in Taxi Driver 🙄

Now, now, you know that movie was made before she was born. 

4 hours ago, deirdra said:

Whoopi & Abby think they are so woke with their tribute to Latin Americans month, but don't bother to check the pronunciation beforehand.  

That's just Whoopi being Whoopi. Y'know butchering everyone's name. Abby on the other hand...🤷🏻‍♀️

And because no one else seemed to have noticed, but it's the first thing that jumped out at me when I saw them come on stage....Holy shoulder pads, Batman  Abby!

• LOL 14
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Meghan took down Pam Anderson (in her mind)!  Proudest moment of her life.  Taking down a weird woman with bad plastic surgery,  that hangs with a guy no one likes and Megan is wearing it like a badge.  It wasn't that impressive Meg.  

If it was a smackdown, Pamela Anderson won...no matter how wrong-headed she may be.  Of course, Meghan was able to rerun the "discussion" several times on air when PAnderson didn't have a chance to rebut.

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Hey, Abby, it's not crying wolf if what you're saying is true.

image.png.1249b22c684c429c4caca4688105b90d.pngKindle Edition $2.99 on Amazon.com

PRODUCERS:  Spring for a few bucks and get the Kindle edition for Abby AND Meghan!

Edited by HaaCHOO
Necessary note to PRODUCERS.
  • LOL 11
  • Love 7

I can't stand Rob Lowe. He had sex with an underage girl and got off pretty lightly - no jail time, restitution for the girl's family and community service. Wow. So much justice. I find him gross. I loved seeing Sara back, although her show is terrible :( Loved Hillary and Chelsea Clinton. And *really* loved Rachel Maddow. She put MeGun in her place (and Abby too!)

• Love 7
58 minutes ago, fishsanwitt said:

I can't stand Rob Lowe. He had sex with an underage girl and got off pretty lightly - no jail time, restitution for the girl's family and community service. Wow. So much justice. I find him gross. I loved seeing Sara back, although her show is terrible 😞 Loved Hillary and Chelsea Clinton. And *really* loved Rachel Maddow. She put MeGun in her place (and Abby too!)

Not to rehash the previous discussion, but she wasn't underage in that state 30 years ago. 

• Love 19
4 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

I ;searched; on  the PVR, and  her show is set to record( today)

Rachel will not be hosting today or for several days next week, because:  book tour.  It is well worth watching one of her shows some evening, whatever the news.  Enjoy, I hope!  

• Love 10
On 10/1/2019 at 10:44 AM, blondiec0332 said:

oo bad,Whoops wasn't able to be too much of  a mom cuz of her career.  Women still face that problem,  whereas men don't get that judgement. 

If I recall her own account, Whoopi’s parenting issues began as a result of her drug use and abuse not her career.  I find it insulting when the focus is changed to fulfill a talking point. 

Now if she were to say that the lack of services to treat addiction for women and children affected her parenting I’d be more supportive. 

• Love 11
22 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

And only on The View is that tired old "why did you stay with Bill?"  question asked.

Actually, it was Hilary who brought it up on another interview. She was asked what difficult decision she’s made and that was her answer. I’m glad Hilary is talking openly about it, especially in front of her middle aged daughter. Having a husband be unfaithful is something a lot of women have in common. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, hisbunkie said:

Actually, it was Hilary who brought it up on another interview. She was asked what difficult decision she’s made and that was her answer. I’m glad Hilary is talking openly about it, especially in front of her middle aged daughter. Having a husband be unfaithful is something a lot of women have in common. 

But Sunny brought it up on this show. I don’t care if Hillary brought it up on another show. She didn’t here, and it was unnecessary. Bawa already interviewed her about it, and it’s been used as fodder for over two decades. 

But since Sunny loves to talk about infidelity, of course she brought it up.😒😒😒😒

• Love 19