Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 9/30/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Next time she stomps offstage in a toddler tantrum, TPTB should lock her in her dressing room for the rest of the show and dock her pay.  The best thing to do with attention-seeking toddlers is to ignore them.  

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
On 10/5/2019 at 5:54 PM, lusinia said:

The bible is still used when swearing in witnesses, so that's probably why. 

Not generally in a courtroom, I believe. 

19 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

It was handy. 

Isn't this common in every U.S. courtroom?

BibleCourtroom.jpg.39a432dae8904e0de470e9b3b4c040e6.jpg

My late husband, a superior court judge in Indiana, didn't have a Bible in his courtroom, much less his personal Bible which was a huge, thick paperback study Bible. 

• Love 3
On 10/5/2019 at 1:54 PM, HaaCHOO said:

I assume I'm among those "certain people," who occasionally/rarely repeat what MEGHAN says regarding her size.  MEGHAN!  Here's a video clip from January 2019 (I don't feel like researching further to defend myself...and others).

VIDEO:  At the 1:05 mark.

I don't CARE about her size...my size is MUCH LARGER...in the X's.   We comment because her self-assessment doesn't match our EYES.

What I saw in this clip is Meghan claiming she's either a size 12 or 14.  According to nichelle who was just in the audience this week 

On 10/4/2019 at 11:20 PM, nichelle said:

Quite honestly, Meghan looked pretty average. Due to where I was seated I spent more time looking at her back than any other angle. But still, based on that and what I saw between segments, I didn't see 18 to 22 at all.

The average dress size for a woman today used to be 14, and today it is apparently 16. Are we saying Meghan cares so much that people think she's a smaller size that she would lie about her dress size by one number? I know some people want to insist that she's a 20 or a 22, but couldn't it be just as likely that our eyes are just attuned to seeing so many size 0's through 6's on TV that it's hard to gauge who's at a 12 or 14?

The real person who seems to have an issue with her weight/size in that clip was Abby.  She's upset because someone told her they thought she was big? Wait, no. She's upset because people told her they thought she wasn't nearly as big as they were expecting for being four months pregnant.  She literally starts to say "No woman wants to hear they're big." Uh, no Abby. Speak for yourself.  If I'm a size 22 I don't care if people say I'm big, because I am. For my height there would be no ifs, ands, or buts, about that. That doesn't mean I'm unattractive, so I'm not sure why she chose to take it that way. This clip and every other clip I have seen of Meghan talking about her size reflects that same attitude. She knows she's not a typical Hollywood size, but she rolls her eyes at people who "tell her she's brave because she chose not to lose weight." (Now the rest of that comment about spending her time working on developing her mind is bullshit, we all know that, but I understood her point all the same.)

Let me just add that as I watch the rest of this clip Meghan just comes out looking better and better. She does not appear to be in denial her weight. She knows she is plus sized.  She states it firmly. Her "technically" caveat I think is because, as I stated earlier, the average dress size for an American woman is actually her size. I also appreciate that she notes that not everyone has the budget she has to get their clothes tailored for a plus sized body.

Edited by piccadilly83
Spacing
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 10/4/2019 at 1:26 PM, falltime said:

Several times now Megun has said that she didn't know a topic was going to be discussed. So she only attends the morning meeting sometimes.

lol They didn't return to the topic of China that Megun switched to did they? She is such a hypocrite, she goes after Joy for 'changing' topic.

blAbby, blAbby, blAbby...

Megun saying the slowing economy is fake news is disgusting- no shocker there. Of course she doesn't care, she is going to still be rolling around in money.

Omg I love blAbby, blAbby, blAbby... that is perfect.  I must borrow!!      She’s (I’m sure) a very nice girl.  But there is no depth to her.  

• Love 7

As always, it remains against the rules here to use things happening on the View as a jumping off point to generalized political discussion. Stick to how the politics was discussed ON THE SHOW - this is not the place for your own personal opinions on political people or entities.

• Love 2

I'm a size ten. 5'8 and 140 pounds. If Meghan is a twelve, nope. And I'm not fat shaming. She's a beautiful woman. (oh god, bufflehead was one of my choices). But she's way larger than me.

Edited by nokat
Just set it up to record, because Joy's birthday.
  • Love 1