Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 9/30/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Where has Abby been? Everyone and their dogs have been screaming about the Russian interference and today she says why aren't we talking about that? 

I know people have been saying that Meghan finally has come around to see things clearly. Does she have a choice? Last week she was still screaming that polls show that Americans aren't in favor of impeachment. Well NOW the polls have definitely changed. She knows she can't keep defending The Republicans because Americans are shifting.  She's good when numbers are on her Teams side. She has to shift her opinion.  Let the numbers slide back she'll be back to screaming about how it's her that Dems need. Trust that. She likes to win that's all she cares about. She was fine with kids in cages smh.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • LOL 3
  • Love 14
8 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I know people have been saying that Meghan finally has come around to see things clearly. Does she have a choice? Last week she was still screaming that polls show that Americans aren't in favor of impeachment. Well NOW the polls have definitely changed. She knows she can't keep defending The Republicans because Americans are shifting. 

Should make for some interesting pillow talk.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I know people have been saying that Meghan finally has come around to see things clearly. Does she have a choice? Last week she was still screaming that polls show that Americans aren't in favor of impeachment. Well NOW the polls have definitely changed. She knows she can't keep defending The Republicans because Americans are shifting.  She's good when numbers are on her Teams side. She has to shift her opinion. 

Last week she had a warning for all the ladies at the table about impeachment, citing polls. Suddenly her attitude has softened with no mention of the new polls, lol.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 10
11 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I bet Sarah is thrilled Meghan is not at the table and she didn’t have to do a phony, happy to see you, greeting.

I feel bad for Sara though. That show is awful and KeKe Palmer seems like she's exhausting to be around. 

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Love 16
2 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

I feel bad for Sara though. That show is awful and KeKe Palmer seems like she's exhausting to be around. 

I feel bad for her too because it's seems like they kept KeKe after Sara's maternity leave because they felt Sara wasn't enough.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

For real I don't know anyone who watches that show, Who is home at 1 at noon to watch that? And even if I am home I rather watch my soaps on CBS. 

• Love 8
26 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Last week she had a warning for all the ladies at the table about impeachment, citing polls. Suddenly her attitude has softened with no mention of the new polls, lol.

Where is all of Meghan's advice for her team? She's always full of advice for Democrats and how they should handle things.  This the time Meggie. Give the Republicans all that life in politics advice.

• LOL 9
  • Love 13
12 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I feel bad for her too because it's seems like they kept KeKe after Sara's maternity leave because they felt Sara wasn't enough.

I totally agree with you.  I catch bits and pieces of this show when politics has me screaming at the TV so I switch. I never heard of KeKe before but she makes me twitchy.   She's like a puppy dog who won't calm down.   I feel sorry for Sara too, and feel that she's putting on a brave face.   But who knows what's going on on the inside.   And if I remember correctly, she had severe post-partum depression with one or both of her other children, and if that's going on now too, she's under tremendous pressure to be all sunshine and rainbows in order to keep her job.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Where has Abby been? Everyone and their dogs have been screaming about the Russian interference and today she says why aren't we talking about that?

I had that thought too, at first, but then i realized she was referring to what was reported last Friday in the Washington Post, which did get attention over the weekend, but got swept aside by the newer  oncoming scandals of the day.  

The media simply doesn't have the time to give every scandal the coverage it deserves.  Yesterday Nicolle Wallace said that before her show started they had to scrap everything they were going to discuss because of breaking news.  

President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries, an assertion that prompted alarmed White House officials to limit access to the remarks to an unusually small number of people, according to three former officials with knowledge of the matter.

The comments, which have not been previously reported, were part of a now-infamous meeting with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak, in which Trump revealed highly classified information that exposed a source of intelligence on the Islamic State. 

Edited by lusinia
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, xingu said:

I feel your pain.  That's why I give WG a pass on this.  I bet there were a lot of hard times for Whoopi to talk about, so she remembers only the good.  It's a coping mechanism; I use it daily.

This adoration of Rob Lowe makes me sick.  Are none of the ladies aware of his past?

My how the times have changed.  Do people not remember how Rob Lowe raped* a 16 year old, yet got off scot-free: Rob Lowe Story

There was an actual video, and he still got off.  He was 24 at the time.  Why was there no justice then?  MONEY!!  And connections.

This group, sans Joy and WG, were ready to crucify and remove from office Al Franken for a tit grab, yet a rape on a teen from Rob Lowe gets a " Your sons are so funny...We love their tweets"

What the fuck???

A 24 year old having sex with a sixteen year old is rape.  Pure and simple.

Rob Lowe is in the category of men like Woody Allen and Roman Polansky--those whose projects I will never watch.

*Allegedly.  I'm choosing to use the word "allegedly" reluctantly because I've seen the tape, I have a brain, I'm not a lawyer and I'm not a talk show host. 

Yikes I didn’t remember it. For some reason I thought he was also young and the scandal was that there was a video.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
51 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Sara and Michael have zero chemistry. All the camaraderie seems forced. I think the producers maybe thought adding spunky Keke would help. It didn’t. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

Michael with all his jobs still can't or won't pay for his twins' horse riding lessons. His ex-wife is taking him to court over it. Yet he acts like father of the year. Phony as hell he is. ABC apparently loves him but he is awful on GMA 1 and this new incarnation GMA 3. I miss Sara on The View.

• Useful 4
  • Love 12

Ahh...I should mention Postal Finance again. 

With all respect, please don't.

Michael with all his jobs still can't or won't pay for his twins' horse riding lessons. His ex-wife is taking him to court over it.

Keeping guys on the side and paying off tabloid reporters doesn't come cheap.  Allegedly.

Edited by xingu
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, xingu said:

With all respect, please don't.

Keeping guys on the side and paying off tabloid reporters doesn't come cheap.  Allegedly.

Hmmm ...

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Yeah Im worried for our gal Sara.  I think they will find a way to phase her out and just keep S & K eventually.  What sux is they dont know where to put her.  They've got this great person whom everybody loves, and no place for her to be.  She pops up on GMA. She does do pop news on GMA often.  And then the View has no empty chairs.  I blame TPTB because they never took the time to slowly create a new show.  They just threw something together and it shows.

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, xingu said:

Back in the old days people would take me to task for insinuating that Anderson Cooper was gay.  Just sayin'.

Well, I was right then and I think I am right now.  My Gaydar has never let me down.  Except for that one guy in Pittsburgh, but that's a story that shan't be told here.

Someone (you) has finally verbalized what I've thought for a few years.  Thanks.

• Love 5

They've got this great person whom everybody loves, and no place for her to be.

Who is this everyone you speak of?  Sara has had three shots at daytime TV:  KLG and Hoda, The View, and now her own show. She is simply not connecting with audiences.  I think she's sweet as pie, but she is as interesting as dry toast. 

With that said, I would trade her for two Huntsmen and three McCains anyday.

Edited by xingu
  • Useful 1
  • Love 22
4 minutes ago, xingu said:

Who is this everyone you speak of?  Sara has had three shots at daytime TV:  KLG and Hoda, The View, and now her own show. She is simply not connecting with audiences.  I think she's sweet as pie, but she is as interesting as dry toast. 

Totally agree.  Nice person, but a sleeping pill in TV form.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

I don't mean to sound cruel, but I think Sara was at her best as KLG and Hoda's internet gopher. She was so cute as she interacted live with fans.  That's the Sara I love.  Find your lane, honey, and stick with it.

Someone (you) has finally verbalized what I've thought for a few years.  Thanks.

Thanks Medicine Crow.  I live by Occam's Razor:  The most obvious answer is usually the correct answer.

Edited by xingu
  • Love 7
22 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

That’s putting it mildly. Who do I complain to about the  fact he’s so damn good looking and seems like a great person.  He seems really happy, good Dad and never heard anything bad about him other than that underage sex thing. When I lived in the area I read he surfed alone in the morning in either in Goleta or Santa Barbara and I thought that was so dangerous.

I'm confused by The Politician talk since I am not familiar with it, is someone from the series going to be on or does it mention a guest or Megan? 

Rubie Dee looked old in that clip so maybe someone had seen an older black women in order to do make up. Enough with the thing sitting on her head don’t tell me that can’t be attached during shooting. Maybe she should wear a billboard I’m in The Stand. 

I am disappointed no bangle bracelets on VYD. There was something appealing but I’ve already forgotten it. 

My husband used to do occasional work at their house.  I have heard his wife is not pleasant to be around and workers had to park their vans in the back of the house so they didn't have to look at them.  I have not heard anything directly about him.  Not a huge nugget of info.   I barely recognize anyone famous here (Santa Barbara) but I was at Cajun Kitchen one morning and Paul Walker was there.  MAN, that was one beautiful dude.  And I don't even like blonde men!

I thought Meghan looked lovely yesterday.  It was figure flattering and a good color on her.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

This adoration of Rob Lowe makes me sick.  Are none of the ladies aware of his past?

My how the times have changed.  Do people not remember how Rob Lowe raped* a 16 year old, yet got off scot-free: Rob Lowe Story

There was an actual video, and he still got off.  He was 24 at the time.  Why was there no justice then?  MONEY!!  And connections.

This group, sans Joy and WG, were ready to crucify and remove from office Al Franken for a tit grab, yet a rape on a teen from Rob Lowe gets a " Your sons are so funny...We love their tweets"

What the fuck???

Rob Lowe is in the category of men like Woody Allen and Roman Polansky--those whose projects I will never watch.

*Allegedly.  I'm choosing to use the word "allegedly" reluctantly because I've seen the tape, I have a brain, I'm not a lawyer and I'm not a talk show host. 

Yeah I forgot about that as well, that's why I didn't care much for RL's appearance yesterday.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, UpTooLate said:

Joy didn't give Mark Felt's full resume. He wasn't just an FBI agent, he was Associate Director of the FBI -- the second highest position in the agency. And he gave Woodward and Bernstein enough guidance to impeach the President of the United States, who had just won reelection by 520-17 electoral votes. What a brave man. And to show how risky it is to be a whistleblower, he stayed anonymous until 2005: 32 years after the break-in and 11 years after Nixon's death. Whistleblowers rock.

And Woodward and Bernstein are extremely admirable for keeping their secret, as promised, until after "Deepthroat"  died.

1 hour ago, rcc said:

Michael with all his jobs still can't or won't pay for his twins' horse riding lessons. His ex-wife is taking him to court over it. Yet he acts like father of the year. Phony as hell he is. ABC apparently loves him but he is awful on GMA 1 and this new incarnation GMA 3. I miss Sara on The View.

I'm not a Michael fan - he's the new Ryan Seacrest, which yay! for him, but over saturated to the point I can't bear to see his face or hear his voice.  But, I just read up on his relationship with his second ex because my mom claimed he's a single dad to his twins.  Ex-wife #2 made outrageous claims about how much money she needed after the divorce.  She insisted the 20 month old twins absolutely needed excessive accessories and one child would not even leave the house without her purse!  It was so bad that he was able to appeal the terms of the divorce.

Again, I'm not defending him, but I bet the ex gets way more than enough to pay for the lessons and is trying to stiff him for the bill.  What I do find interesting is that he doesn't seem to mention his two older children.  If I went by what he said today, he only has the twins.

5 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

My husband used to do occasional work at their house.  I have heard his wife is not pleasant to be around and workers had to park their vans in the back of the house so they didn't have to look at them.  I have not heard anything directly about him.  Not a huge nugget of info.   I barely recognize anyone famous here (Santa Barbara) but I was at Cajun Kitchen one morning and Paul Walker was there.  MAN, that was one beautiful dude.  And I don't even like blonde men!

I thought Meghan looked lovely yesterday.  It was figure flattering and a good color on her.  

From what I gather, Ex #2 was quite the drama queen diva.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
44 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Unfortunately, another creep.  He started dating his girlfriend when she was 16 and he was 33.  Another statutory rapist, like Rob Lowe.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, xingu said:

I think Sara does connect with audiences which is why each new job was an upgrade.  However it’s a classic case of the Peter Principle. She reached the level where she’s just not good at being the headliner. She was fine as one of 5 having a conversation but does not have the chops to carry a show for an hour. Especially when she doesn’t click with her cohost. But yeah, I’d rather watch her than Abby or Meghan. 

• Love 21
10 hours ago, xingu said:

Depends where you live.  Here in Canada the age of consent is 16 so as long as the sex was consensual there is no crime.  IIRC the age of consent here used to be 14 but that got changed a few years ago.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, xingu said:

But you are defending RL, and it's disgusting. 

All I did was state what the age of consent was. I am not defending him but what he did was not illegal. I never said I condoned or approved of what he did.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 20

It is bad enough that teens are tried as adults, but using that as a reason to also be able to fuck them? No.

I've read this statement three times and I have no idea what it means.

I give up.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, xingu said:

26 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I think Sara does connect with audiences which is why each new job was an upgrade.  However it’s a classic case of the Peter Principle. She reached the level where she’s just not good at being the headliner. She was fine as one of 5 having a conversation but does not have the chops to carry a show for an hour. Especially when she doesn’t click with her cohost. But yeah, I’d rather watch her than Abby or Meghan. 

I was never a Sara fan, even on The View, but I agree she was better as part of an ensemble than on her own. TPTB greatly overestimated her appeal. To me, she seems to be trying way too hard and it shows. Throwing Keke in the mix definitely did not improve the show however, and I'm sure it has only added to her desperation. The show is still unwatchable. 

When they got up and started dancing during their View segment, I was embarrassed for them. Cringeworthy.

They never should have cancelled The Chew!

• Love 17

Btw, loved Meghan's outfit as well. 

52 minutes ago, CynicalGirl said:

To hell with The Chew, they should have never cancelled the soaps to begin with! All my children and one life to live, that's what started all this mess. 

Edited by jkspeaks
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, xingu said:

yup I agree that Sara was just that, sweet and lovable , but imo, I thought  she was charismatically genuine and did connect with the audience on the view, as well as the ladies at the table. she was very well liked by all.

Unlike the 2  that are there now...berserk blondie, is either yelling at the ladies or at the audience, depending on her bitch mood

and sad angel face with the shiny hair lips and skin?  I prefer dry toast 

And yes, I would trade Abby and McCatty for sweet Sara any time. 

• Love 18
1 hour ago, CynicalGirl said:

I was never a Sara fan, even on The View, but I agree she was better as part of an ensemble than on her own. TPTB greatly overestimated her appeal. To me, she seems to be trying way too hard and it shows. Throwing Keke in the mix definitely did not improve the show however, and I'm sure it has only added to her desperation. The show is still unwatchable. 

When they got up and started dancing during their View segment, I was embarrassed for them. Cringeworthy.

Me neither.  Better than some but I just wasn't interested in her.  Or Jed, Ravyn, Jenny, Sherri, Michelle, Rosie P.  Man, I didn't care for a lot of them!  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I think all the women had good points regarding the "nice" topic. It's that time again where I have to particularly agree with Meghan. 

I totally think people expect women to be sweet as pie to be considered nice. They don't expect men to constantly smile, not have bad days, be warm to everyone. As long as you're not a total asshole or a perv, you're considered "nice" if you're a man.  

My experience at work is that women know they're more likely to be labeled bitchy so most of them try to watch what they say, whereas men talk trash all day long and it's just considered joking around and boys will be boys.

Women are also expected to take up more responsibility with things like holiday parties and such. I've worked with a lot of men who never contribute in any way, but I was always pressured to bake and cook. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Nanni said:

yup I agree that Sara was just that, sweet and lovable , but imo, I thought  she was charismatically genuine and did connect with the audience on the view, as well as the ladies at the table. she was very well liked by all.

So many of us agree that she left The View only because of the stress and BAD VIBE caused by John McCain's DAUGHTER!!!   ABC liked her enough to get her a "suitable" replacement job (IMO).

• Love 10
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Women are also expected to take up more responsibility with things like holiday parties and such. I've worked with a lot of men who never contribute in any way, but I was always pressured to bake and cook. 

Fortunately for his coworkers, my son (54 very soon) heard my similar complaints ALL HIS LIFE.  Also, fortunately for him, most of his bosses have been women. He's a straight guy who likes to help with planning/decorating for holidays at work and always does "his" part for the various potlucks.  (Sometimes he'll ask me how to make something because he knows I'll offer because I have more time.)   Surely there are lots of men these days whose "single" working moms brainwashed them...just a little.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
16 hours ago, xingu said:

But it's not "pure and simple."   It's your opinion. It's disgusting to you  others which is fine...but it was not "rape."  I don't care about Rob Lowe one way or the other.  His legal problems over this event had nothing to do with statutory rape.  This was a threesome engaging in consensual legal sex.  The "illegality" was the "porn tape.  This is from a 2016 article in "SLATE" magazine:

The young Brat Packer was in Atlanta for the 1988 Democratic National Convention, where he was scheduled to speak in support of Michael Dukakis. He met two women at a party hosted by Ted Turner at a club downtown, took them back to the Hilton where he was staying, and recorded the three of them in bed together. One of them turned out to be 16, and unfortunately for Lowe she grabbed the tape on her way out the door. The recording became public when the girl’s mother found it and filed a civil lawsuit against the actor for seducing her daughter. Clips aired on shows like Entertainment Tonight, pirated copies were rumored to be screened at clubs, and Lowe’s red-hot career was suddenly in peril.

Sixteen was two years above the age of consent in Georgia in 1988, and both Lowe’s hook-ups that night were willing partners. They even appeared to know they were being taped. (“Look at this when you’re done,” the tape shows Lowe telling them, “and see what you look like.”) In his 2011 memoir Stories I Only Tell My Friends, Lowe writes that he assumed the women were at least 21 because he himself had been grilled by the doorman upon entering the club.

Lowe eventually paid the girl and her father an undisclosed sum, and luckily for him, they stayed out of the public eye. More luck: The district attorney chose not to prosecute him for recording a “pornographic movie” with a partner under 18. (If he had been charged and found guilty, he could have faced up to 20 years in prison.)

• Useful 2
  • Love 19
9 hours ago, lusinia said:

Meghan - turns to the audience, holds her hand up, and says, "You gotta trust me on this one".

Yeah, and how many times does her whiskey-soaked brain require her to COMMAND us???

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

Fortunately for his coworkers, my son (54 very soon) heard my similar complaints ALL HIS LIFE.  Also, fortunately for him, most of his bosses have been women. He's a straight guy who likes to help with planning/decorating for holidays at work and always does "his" part for the various potlucks.  (Sometimes he'll ask me how to make something because he knows I'll offer because I have more time.)   Surely there are lots of men these days whose "single" working moms brainwashed them...just a little.

Aw awesome that your son helps out and that you help him do so. :)

There are definitely guys who cook/help out. I've just noticed more pressure on women. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Natalie68 said:
  5 hours ago, CynicalGirl said:

Have to agree also. 

I didn't like or hate Sara. She was just too vanilla, could never pick a side and stick with it. 

She really didn't add much which neither does Abby, but Abby can drive me crazy with her endless rambling. Sara was in the background and really not noticed too much.

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 13