Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 9/30/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

28 minutes ago, Tammee said:

About Rob.a little ways back he was in a show and i cant find the name of it. 

That was You, Me and the Apocalypse.  On IMDB it's listed as a miniseries.  It was a good part for him, and he was especially good in it.

Edited by lusinia
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 9/29/2019 at 6:01 AM, Haleth said:

As we speak, er, write Meghan is practicing her fileting technique.  Looking forward to most of the guests this week.

It really is awful.  Adding Keke did nothing to make it more watchable.  I don't see Sara coming back to the View though.  It would be admitting her new show was a mistake.

They brought her in as the token millennial lol.  I so wish SH would go back To the View.  It is just sooooooooooooooo toxic.  For her sanity she cant.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, lusinia said:

That was You, Me and the Apocalypse.  On IMDB it's listed as a miniseries.  It was a good part for him, and he was especially good in it.

Oh thanks! I wish theyd expand on that and make it about him.  That miniseries i believe was vignette style and so he was only on 15-20 mins an ep.  If that.  His char was very intriguing though

• Love 1

Oh Abby, what are we going to do with you? She can't put together a coherent sentence.

Her brain seems like a mixer on high speed and she has no idea what to say so just rambling comes out of her mouth.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
31 minutes ago, Tammee said:

I have one.  Havent used it in probably five years.  I refused to run it if it wasnt full.  Its just me though and would have taken a month to fill.  It came with the place so was nice but i doubt it would be high on my appliance bucket list.  I could actually use the space its taking up.

What's the expression, "Use it or lose it"??  My appliance guy told me to use my D/W more so the bearings, etc., didn't dry up & not be viable when I REALLY needed it.  Just sayin'!!!

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, lusinia said:

I wondered if Meghan was correct about there being a character on The West Wing based on her father, since I wasn't aware of that.

After checking, it seems that the character Alan Alda played, Senator Arnold Vinick, was broadly based on John McCain and Barry Goldwater.  But he didn't appear until season 6, in one episode, and then was a major character in the final two seasons. 

To the best of my recollection (I haven't seen it since it originally aired), Alda's character is not portrayed as a bad guy.  I'm going to assume that Meghan didn't watch the show to begin with because it was about a Democratic president and administration, and when she heard that someone was based on her father, she probably figured it was an unflattering portrayal, because that's how she would write a Democratic character. 

Vinick was a good guy but I never saw a parallel to McCain. The character was much much more of a moderate. I hated that final season of TWW but Alan Alda was one of the few bright spots. Probably the only time in my life I liked the Rep more than the Dem!

Speaking of characters, if you haven’t seen the original The Stand, Rob Lowe played a mysterious mute boy who was described as having a nearly angelic beauty.  Yup.

Whoopi and education: I’m sure being dyslexic she had a difficult time and probably did better with a non traditional method of teaching from her mom.  She was right about the absurdity of kids thinking homework is optional.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Tammee said:

wow, LadyoftheShinyHair is quite shiny today.

Seriously. I think that now she's trolling us. By the end of the season, Whoopi will be able to use Abby's hair as a mirror.

1 hour ago, falltime said:

"...this is why it's so important for conservative on TV to not just go on TV and scream President loco over and over again...."

I think this was a jab at Ana, since I think she is the only commentator that calls him that.

Absolutely! I actually said aloud, "That was for Ana!" Meghan's President Loco comment also reflected Ana's saying to Meghan that taking things personally every time someone criticized the Republicans was unproductive.

14 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Oh Abby, what are we going to do with you? She can't put together a coherent sentence.

Her brain seems like a mixer on high speed and she has no idea what to say so just rambling comes out of her mouth.

Lol! You know that Abby totally feels guilty about dabbling in liberalism by being in favor of impeachment. New drinking game: take a shot of your favorite beverage every time Abby says something is "not American" or is "not the way America is supposed to be." I don't recommend alcohol, as we only get one liver.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5

Even though they bleeped her out Meghan was including Robert DeNiro with the Republicans who went on the Sunday morning shows who were to quote Sunny becoming undone.  DeNiro wasn't coming undone. He was stating his opinion. Lindsay Graham, Guiliani and the rest were trying to spin things.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Medicine Crow said:

What's the expression, "Use it or lose it"??  My appliance guy told me to use my D/W more so the bearings, etc., didn't dry up & not be viable when I REALLY needed it.  Just sayin'!!!

😎Oh yes,  Ive heard heard that and i do use it....for storage!  Hah 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Once again Sunny proves she’s just one of the Plays-A-Lawyer-On-TV types who only exist to bless whatever petty legal theory someone comes up with against Trump.

She said by Trump wanting to meet the whistleblower it is “witness tampering”. No it’s not! Sunny, the individuals who had permission to have access to the transcript/summary of the President’s call with Zelensky at the very least broke protocol (which would likely cost them their job, their security clearance, and their pension) and possibly broke the law by sharing the details of the call with the whistleblower in the first place. And you know that.

And second of all, I love all of them clucking about how horrible it was for Trump to claim impeachment would cause a “civil war”. Political journalists have been using the “civil war” analogy for years, if not decades, and you yentas have not once complained about it. Shut up, especially you Meghan. They don’t like you. Stop trying to show you can be a hyper-sensitive schoolmarm like the rest of them. It just makes you wide and uninteresting.

Edited by 27bored
  • Love 5

I thought i had posted this but Im not seeing it so forgive me if  its a. Duplicate.  Rob is juat a classy, super great dreamboat.  (tm Tiger Beat)  what i  thought was very classy was when he asked W who is playing his prev char in this new version of the Stand.  Instead of snarking on him, Rob cheered him on.  I thought that was pretty dam cool

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Tammee said:

I thought i had posted this but Im not seeing it so forgive me if  its a. Duplicate.  Rob is juat a classy, super great dreamboat.  (tm Tiger Beat)  what i  thought was very classy was when he asked W who is playing his prev char in this new version of the Stand.  Instead of snarking on him, Rob cheered him on.  I thought that was pretty dam cool

That’s putting it mildly. Who do I complain to about the  fact he’s so damn good looking and seems like a great person.  He seems really happy, good Dad and never heard anything bad about him other than that underage sex thing. When I lived in the area I read he surfed alone in the morning in either in Goleta or Santa Barbara and I thought that was so dangerous.

I'm confused by The Politician talk since I am not familiar with it, is someone from the series going to be on or does it mention a guest or Megan? 

Rubie Dee looked old in that clip so maybe someone had seen an older black women in order to do make up. Enough with the thing sitting on her head don’t tell me that can’t be attached during shooting. Maybe she should wear a billboard I’m in The Stand. 

I am disappointed no bangle bracelets on VYD. There was something appealing but I’ve already forgotten it. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I really can't stand when Whoopi goes into her strict parenting advice BS.

I must have missed the conversation about Linda Tripp last week.  Did Meghan not know who Linda Tripp was?

I could handle it if she had a successful child.  Did Alex even graduate high school before giving birth?

• Love 4
Just now, RedheadZombie said:

I could handle it if she had a successful child.  Did Alex even graduate high school before giving birth?

Absolutely.  That's why it get's on my nerves.  Especially when she tries to imply Sunny dosen't know what she's doing with her children. 

I don't give parenting advice. I have 3 children one is definitely questionable 😉

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Tammee said:
4 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

I know many people that never watched WW, simply because they don't like politics., or political shows..

*looks around*  that would be me.  Count of one lol

I haven't seen ONE episode either, but not because I don't like politics/political shows.  I probably liked many of the actors, but something (life?) must have interfered.

1 hour ago, 27bored said:

She said by Trump wanting to meet the whistleblower it is “witness tampering”. No it’s not!

Surely it's intimidation.

• Love 8

I will say (tm MM) threatening to arrest the whistleblower and whoever gave him the heads up about the phone call and have them tried for treason just might be considered witness tampering. 

TWW is probably my 2nd favorite show ever. I highly recommend watching the first couple seasons. Brilliant stuff. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

I'm confused by The Politician talk since I am not familiar with it, is someone from the series going to be on or does it mention a guest or Megan? 

Yes, to your first question.  Ben Platt and Jessica Lange will be on this week.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

She said it was "witness intimidation," and she's right. Btw, she was just in court in D.C. last week. She's hardly play-acting.

25 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I will say (tm MM) threatening to arrest the whistleblower and whoever gave him the heads up about the phone call and have them tried for treason just might be considered witness tampering.

It’s neither one of those things. If Sunny is a competent attorney, she understands that any and every defendant has a right to confront their accuser. Of course this is true in a typical court setting, but the whistleblower has triggered an impeachment inquiry of the President. He or she should’ve minded their business if they’re going to be precious about being scrutinized and questioned. But if this makes its way to the Senate, nobody is going to care about how mean Trump looks for wanting to confront this person or even him calling them a spy. They’re going to have to cowboy up and answer some questions.

Edited by 27bored
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Threatening murder seems a bit more to me than “being mean,” but nevertheless my intention wasn’t to argue with you about politics, only correct misinformation about Sunny’s statements on the show.

Not to get too off-topic even though they did discuss this on the show, but I...kinda think the death threats thing is bullshit. I think Trump made that comment about how we used to deal with spies and then it became this story of people threatening the whistleblower’s life. I think it’s a smoke screen to keep the attention off the whistleblower and the Intelligence community and the report that they changed whistleblower protocol to allow secondhand reports the same month this was reported. And the lingering question of the whistleblower leaked to members of the House, i.e. Adam Schiff, before the report came out. 

49 minutes ago, 27bored said:

Not to get too off-topic even though they did discuss this on the show, but I...kinda think the death threats thing is bullshit. I think Trump made that comment about how we used to deal with spies and then it became this story of people threatening the whistleblower’s life. I think it’s a smoke screen to keep the attention off the whistleblower and the Intelligence community and the report that they changed whistleblower protocol to allow secondhand reports the same month this was reported. And the lingering question of the whistleblower leaked to members of the House, i.e. Adam Schiff, before the report came out. 

The idea that the protocol for whistleblower reports was changed recently has been proven to be be completely false. The idea was spread by MM dear hubby's The Federalist. 

If I knew how to put this in the Small Talk thread I would. Sorry.

• Love 19
16 minutes ago, OpalNightstream said:

Thank you all-knowing Whoopi, for once again bestowing your parenting advice upon us peons. You must have raised a self sufficient, responsible, educated child, who probably also raised an equally impressive child, Right?? 🙄

And that "equally impressive child" made Whoopi a great-grandmother at 58.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, deannanikki said:

Jeez, am I the only person on these forums that likes Keke? She just seems like a lot of fun and I honestly think she vibes well with Michael and Sara. No, the show isn't perfect (I do find it pretty cheesy at times), but it's gotten a lot better since it started. I might be biased though since I grew up with her. We keep the ABC channel on at work and those 3 break up the day nicely.

Keke may be a very nice person, but I think she sucks the life out of that show.  It was already seeming kind of rocky, and adding her made it much, much worse IMO.  I love Sara, but I no longer record it because Keke has made it unwatchable for me.

(I thought I had also quoted another post so I could reply, but I don't see it now, so I'll just say that I agree with pretty much everything that's been said here about Abby.  She's not bright, she's not articulate,  I give her an A for effort, but I get second-hand embarrassment when she rambles on and on and ends up going nowhere.)

• Love 7

Whilst MeAgain was def throwing shade at Ana with her "President Loco" dis, Joy managed to subtly throw her own shade at MeAgain.  Joy said that one of the talking points of all the Trump supporters on the Sunday shows was that the whistle blower was partisan.  That was in fact the only thing MeAgain said last week when she used her talking points...her concern that the whistle blower was partisan. ❄️🙃😜

• LOL 6
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Yes, to your first question.  Ben Platt and Jessica Lange will be on this week.

Thanks I really did look online before asking but obviously not well enough, know Jessica not the other actor.

WW brought Alison Jannney to the spot light, loved it! 

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, bannana said:

Whilst MeAgain was def throwing shade at Ana with her "President Loco" dis, Joy managed to subtly throw her own shade at MeAgain.  Joy said that one of the talking points of all the Trump supporters on the Sunday shows was that the whistle blower was partisan.  That was in fact the only thing MeAgain said last week when she used her talking points...her concern that the whistle blower was partisan. ❄️🙃😜

My neighborhood is slightly ahead of the curve because I was told that twice on Saturday. Also, I was asked "Is Russia really our enemy though?" Did Nutmeg go down that road as well? (I didn't see the show). 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, suomi said:

My neighborhood is slightly ahead of the curve because I was told that twice on Saturday. Also, I was asked "Is Russia really our enemy though?" Did Nutmeg go down that road as well? (I didn't see the show). 

No, def not.  MeAgain hates Putin and Russia, but I am not surprised that the Trump supporters would ask that question.

Edited by bannana
grammar, of course
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, DebbieM4 said:

Keke may be a very nice person, but I think she sucks the life out of that show.  It was already seeming kind of rocky, and adding her made it much, much worse IMO.  I love Sara, but I no longer record it because Keke has made it unwatchable for me.

I can't watch fluff shows everyday. The Kelly Clarkson Show, Ellen, late shows--I always enjoy them and say I'll keep up with them, but I always end up missing episodes. Maybe if I could record shows and watch at my leisure. Anyway, I brought that up to say I haven't been watching Sara's show, but I am not surprised about that in regards to Keke at all. She co-hosted The View one time a few years ago and did the same thing. She loved the sound of her own voice without having anything interesting to say. I'm glad her ego is over on that show and not on here. She's from the same class of spoiled, egotistical, and stupid as Meghan McCain and Raven Symone. Of course, McCain has the edge between the three thanks to the screaming and OTT rudeness. Plus, at least Raven and Keke earned their own fame rather than leeching off a family member.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 9

MM: "I have a hard, [and] fast rule.  I don't talk about my sex life."

Um, Honey, I think you just did.

As far as WG rewriting history, I think we all do a little of this when talking of our upbringing.  I'm sure WG's mother was no saint, but I'm sure she did the best she could as a single mother with two young children living in the projects.  A mother can only do so much.

But I am curious to know how WG was able to go to a private Catholic school.  If it was through a scholarship for underprivileged children, then I take my hat off to the Catholic church.  At least they did something right.

Edited by xingu
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
37 minutes ago, xingu said:

But I am curious to know how WG was able to go to a private Catholic school.  If it was through a scholarship for underprivileged children, then I take my hat off to the Catholic church.  At least they did something right.

I was a housing project kid w/2 younger sisters and we went to Catholic school. Our mother supported us on her own and I asked her when I was "all grown up," WHY she had to struggle and get loans at Postal Finance to pay our tuition, books, and lunches (luckily we didn't have uniforms).  I thought our parish should have helped; the pastor knew of all her struggles.  She said that Monsignor Donohoe wanted to help...but she wouldn't accept it.  Some parents would know and tell someone who told someone...whose kids would hear and eventually, kids would be ridiculing us.  So, she just continued paying Postal Finance long after we were out of high school (where we were able to pay most of our expenses).

I think she just kept praying (literally) that our father would come back and things would be good again.  

• Love 5

I feel your pain.  That's why I give WG a pass on this.  I bet there were a lot of hard times for Whoopi to talk about, so she remembers only the good.  It's a coping mechanism; I use it daily.

This adoration of Rob Lowe makes me sick.  Are none of the ladies aware of his past?

My how the times have changed.  Do people not remember how Rob Lowe raped* a 16 year old, yet got off scot-free: Rob Lowe Story

There was an actual video, and he still got off.  He was 24 at the time.  Why was there no justice then?  MONEY!!  And connections.

This group, sans Joy and WG, were ready to crucify and remove from office Al Franken for a tit grab, yet a rape on a teen from Rob Lowe gets a " Your sons are so funny...We love their tweets"

What the fuck???

A 24 year old having sex with a sixteen year old is rape.  Pure and simple.

Rob Lowe is in the category of men like Woody Allen and Roman Polansky--those whose projects I will never watch.

*Allegedly.  I'm choosing to use the word "allegedly" reluctantly because I've seen the tape, I have a brain, I'm not a lawyer and I'm not a talk show host. 

Edited by xingu
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, xingu said:

My mother is an immigrant who came to the USA from Europe in the early 1950s, entire family spoke zero English (they were among the often forgotten catholic victims of Hitler’s forced labor camps.) My grandparents worked menial jobs and lived EXTREMELY frugal lives to pay for her to go to catholic school (nothing was given for free) because the only neighborhood they could afford in the USA was impoverished and very dangerous. She ended up having to go to the local high school which is a separate story on the horrors of inner city schools, but the point is with hard work, zero government handouts, she managed to at least get a few years of an okay education, so it’s possible.  

Plus wasn’t Whoopi’s mom a nurse and teacher? Doesnt that mean her mom was educated or was certification for those positions much looser/unnecessary back then? 

• Love 2

Plus wasn’t Whoopi’s mom a nurse and teacher?

Teacher, but not a certified teacher.  She had no teaching credentials.  But she was involved as a teacher's assistant at Head Start. For which I commend her.

Edited by xingu
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

My mother is an immigrant who came to the USA from Europe in the early 1950s, entire family spoke zero English (they were among the often forgotten catholic victims of Hitler’s forced labor camps.)

I, for one, have not forgotten the loss of the catholic victims of the Holocaust. They were as victimized as the Jews, the Gypsies, the Gays and anyone else who wasn't "Aryan".  My heart goes out to you and your family.

Edited by xingu
  • Love 10

I love how MM glossed over her stats last week that 28% of Americans were in favor of impeachment yet it's double now. 

Last week she claimed to have the finger on America (um, which finger) with only 28% of America supporting Impeachment.  Well, now it's double and growing.  And growing.

Will she admit she was wrong?  No, of course not.  She saw it coming. 

If she were such a political prognosticator she would have been snapped up.  But she's not.  She's a political has-been since her father died.  Like many other political children, she will have her 15 minutes and never to be seen again.

I fucking hate lying liars like MM*.  There is no way in fucking hell that she has the pulse of middle america as she claims.  Outside of her trip to Wyoming (even though she claimed to be going back to AZ) has she ever met a middle-american.

I honestly think that she thinks that in her mind she rolls around the mid-west in her late father's Straight Talk Express (what a stupid name) and talks to average americans soliciting political advice.  I honestly think she's that cray-cray.

* Except for liars who tell me I look good.  That's just common courtesy.

Edited by xingu
  • LOL 11
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

My mother is an immigrant who came to the USA from Europe in the early 1950s, entire family spoke zero English (they were among the often forgotten catholic victims of Hitler’s forced labor camps.) My grandparents worked menial jobs and lived EXTREMELY frugal lives to pay for her to go to catholic school (nothing was given for free) because the only neighborhood they could afford in the USA was impoverished and very dangerous. She ended up having to go to the local high school which is a separate story on the horrors of inner city schools, but the point is with hard work, zero government handouts, she managed to at least get a few years of an okay education, so it’s possible.  

Plus wasn’t Whoopi’s mom a nurse and teacher? Doesnt that mean her mom was educated or was certification for those positions much looser/unnecessary back then? 

My Catholic dad came over from Poland in 1950 after having been in forced labor concentration campus for several years. ..Maidanek, Nakarelz, Lublin, and Dachau was the last.  He said His faith kept him going. 

He worked in a packinghouse and my mom was a "housewife" and sent us to Catholic school for our elementary school for 8 years. 

We opted out and away from the mean nuns and elected to go to public high school.

We did get a better quality education in the parochial school, IMHO. The counselor in publuc high school wanted me to take secretarial courses vs. College prep classes; I persisted. 

I had always aimed at geing a teacher. Now I have 2 Master's degrees.  I went to that parish church all my life until I moved our of state in my 40's. My sisters still go there, cuffs it's the neighborhood and friends. 

As for Whoops'mom? IIDK, but since Karen and her brother were close, I give Mom props.

Too bad,Whoops wasn't able to be too much of  a mom cuz of her career.  Women still face that problem,  whereas men don't get that judgement. 

• Love 6
57 minutes ago, Tosia said:

Too bad,Whoops wasn't able to be too much of  a mom cuz of her career.  Women still face that problem,  whereas men don't get that judgement. 

I'm not judging her. I'm giving her the side eye for acting like she is an expert on parenting. 

• Love 19
6 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

...she had to struggle and get loans at Postal Finance to pay our tuition, books, and lunches....

Ahh...I should mention Postal Finance again.  No bank would give my mother a loan.  When she needed money, she'd visit Postal Finance...while cashing her weekly paycheck at the bank in the same block as her job at Prudential Insurance.  Times and finances changed and she REFUSED to get bank loans, telling anyone who asked that Postal Finance "financed" our lives for years and she would be loyal to them forever.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6