Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 9/30/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Several times now Megun has said that she didn't know a topic was going to be discussed. So she only attends the morning meeting sometimes.

lol They didn't return to the topic of China that Megun switched to did they? She is such a hypocrite, she goes after Joy for 'changing' topic.

blAbby, blAbby, blAbby...

Megun saying the slowing economy is fake news is disgusting- no shocker there. Of course she doesn't care, she is going to still be rolling around in money.

• Love 18
16 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Yesterday when they talked about the white female cop, I understood what Joy was asking.  Yes whoopi shut it down. If you want to hear someone break it down to what a lot are feeling. I suggest watching Trevor Noah on Thursday's Daily show. It really is perfection. 

I understood Joy's point, too.

I loved Trevor's segment on the situation. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

I was kind of surprised they actually included the name of forrmer U.S. Representative to Ukraine Negotiations Kurt Volker (who resigned last week) when discussing the texts released yesterday.  His other job -

(He) presently serves as executive director of the McCain Institute for International Leadership.

from Wikipedia.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Ladyrain said:

Yeesh!   I just saw the wide shot.   MM is gonna bust right outta that jacket any second.   It is screaming in pain.   It has stretch marks .   And I'm surprised Meghan can even breathe in that thing.   I've seen Spanx that fit looser than that jacket.

I think the wardrobe people really hate Meghan.  However, Meghan chooses to wear these ill fitting clothes.  Plus size clothing can be very expensive but she has plenty of money to buy a decent wardrobe.  I think Meghan is one of those women who will buy the smallest size garment that she can get her body into because getting into a smaller size makes her feel thinner.  How many times has she said that she is a size 14?  She would look much better and thinner if she would wear a larger size.  I am a larger woman in height and weight so I am not criticizing her weight.  Maybe she would not be so bitchy if her clothes were not so tight.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

That’s scary about Greta and great she listened to her instincts to do bilateral.  What’s a lovely  family she has.  What’s also alarming is that there was a recommendation awhile back that women over 60 don’t need a mammogram yearly. I’m sure that’s changed but my doctor has always ordered them  

There should be a law that you can bop someone on the head if they utter fake news. 

Meeagain looks like I felt last night after pasta, bread, wine and Tiramisu.   It looks painful movingtargetgal typing at the same time 

Edited by athousandclowns
It’s lovely
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, xingu said:

Now, can someone tell my why Abby said to Rachel that her father wasn't the whistleblower?  Is this a theory?

I don't know if it's a theory.  But I definitely thought Abby's sudden change from "Let's get all the facts first before judging" to "The POTUS is wrong and should be impeached"  had everything to do with what her father knows about the situation.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

I don't know if it's a theory.  But I definitely thought Abby's sudden change from "Let's get all the facts first before judging" to "The POTUS is wrong and should be impeached"  had everything to do with what her father knows about the situation.  

The one thing I love about The View is when the ladies speak openly and honestly.  It's a rare view (no pun intended) into the lives of celebrities that is rarely seen on any other show. 

Whether by choice, or circumstance, I find it fascinating.

Yes, I admit it. I love The View. Perhaps I need a 12 step program.

Hi, I'm xingu. I'm a Viewaholic.

Edited by xingu
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

That was great of Greta to share so much of her story like that. I'm sure she's helped a lot of women by doing so.

6 hours ago, xingu said:

Are you speaking of the powers that lie elsewhere.  Y'know. those who had a website that failed despite it's popularity. The website where the mods had no sense of humor and thought every post was a slam against them, and  not an honest slam against their policing.  That site that was bought by a power greater than us and then discarded only to be bought by an even greater power known as Liberty (which promised to give us greatness in 2007? And never delivered?  Is that of which you speak?

Pete Davidson voice:  Okay.

5 hours ago, xingu said:

Before this site there was a great site called Television Without Pity (TWoP), it was originally called Mighty Big TV) .  They had the best originators, people who love TV, but also loved to make fun of it.  Their motto was: Spare the snark, spoil the networks.  Or something like that.  Their logo was a TV screen with devil ears named Tubey, and each year they would give Tubey awards. Not only did they have the best message boards, but they also had the best recaps of shows I've ever read. 

It was a place where you could honestly express your opinion on any TV show or performer without condemnation.    But they had one big taboo: Don't pick on other posters.  Which I think separated them from other websites. 

Due to financial difficulties they were forced to sell themselves to Bravo.  It was not a good fit. Bravo, according to sources, didn't like the way the HW franchise was being portrayed on this site and how some personal information that was meant to be kept private got leaked.

Sadly, Bravo cancelled the whole thing and eventually sold it to Liberty which is now in a whole legal mess.

I hope I was accurate.  Please feel free to correct me.

As per your request, here are a few corrections.

First I'm not sure what brought this up, because @sugarbaker design was just agreeing with you, in noting that Meghan McCain is no match for Rachel Maddow. She wasn't talking about another poster on this site.

Second, I don't know who/what "Liberty" is. 

Bravo, which bought TWoP in 2007, sold it to to Tribune Media (TM) in 2014, but only after they stopped publishing and shuttered the message boards. 

TM was poised to bring TWoP back in 2016 or thereabouts, but then Sinclair Broadcast Group made moves to acquire TM (which owned WGN America and a ton of local TV stations). To make itself leaner, TM cancelled its original programming on WGN America (like Underground). It seems that's also when they ditched their plans to revive TWoP.

Sinclair's acquisition of TM ultimately fell through. In late 2018, Nexstar Media group announced it was going to acquire TM. Whether that's final or not, I'm not sure.

I'm also not sure if Nexstar's acquisition includes TWoP (which was kinda sorta gonna be folded into Zap2It and Screener TV, I think, when TM was planning to resurrect it).

For a long time, there was still a placeholder page you could reach at televisionwithoutpity.com and twop.com, but it seems to be gone now, as is Screener TV. 

The TWoP recaps are archived here: http://brilliantbutcancelled.com/shows/

1 hour ago, falltime said:

lol They didn't return to the topic of China that Megun switched to did they? She is such a hypocrite, she goes after Joy for 'changing' topic.

No, they did return to it. They showed a clip at the start of the next segment.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I told  you all Abby was becoming annoying.

Meghan thinks the economy is doing well because she is doing well. For someone who knows "the middle of the country" she is clueless. Come talk to farmers about the tariffs. Go talk to the GM autoworkers on strike.

Becoming......?  When was she not lol

• LOL 7
4 hours ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

And Abby needs to shut up. I'm glad Joy told her to stop saying the Ukraine scandal is equally as bad for Biden as it is for Trump. No, it's not Abby. At worst, as Joy stated, nepotism is the extent of the problem for Joe Biden and his son.

Abby is doing what her team is doing; muddying up the waters to say everybody is crooked, so it is not big deal if the commander in chief does it. I used to tolerate Abby but she is truly stupid and uninformed.  Joy was absolutely right, nepotism is the real problem. Nutmeg and Abby have benefited greatly from that. Sadly, the media is falling for the false equivalency..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Love 16
33 minutes ago, xingu said:

The one thing I love about The View is when the ladies speak openly and honestly.  It's a rare view (no pun intended) into the lives of celebrities that is rarely seen on any other show. 

Whether by choice, or circumstance, I find it fascinating.

Yes, I admit it. I love The View. Perhaps I need a 12 step program.

Hi, I'm xingu. I'm a Viewaholic.

Youre in great company xingu!  I do love the View. Its the only hour of tv i must see or my morning is ruined.  I know i get frustrated with MM, but i guess good or bad, she is part of the Tapestry.  Caroles best album everl.

• Love 3

Me-Again is just so grumpy whenever Ana is present.  I love it.  And the stylists must be Ana's friends because what they did to Me-Again today with that outfit was certainly some kind of punishment.  And Joy introduced Ana very effusively.  Heh!

Me-Again's mini-meltdown because she brought up a topic they were supposed to cover later was bizarre.  First she said she didn't know.  Clearly they were talking in her ear.  Then she started apologizing for messing up.  Repeatedly.  Then she looked toward Brian with sort of crazy eyes.  Does she get docked pay for messing up?  What was that all about.  And everyone just ignored her.

mini golf toddler GIF

Did Me-Again just say: that's fake news?!  She is so credible.  Didn't she just spout fake news yesterday with her attacks on Schiff per her husband's talking points?

trump fake news GIF

• Love 14
4 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I recognized Greta's husband and it was driving me crazy until I remembered him - Dean from Another World.  Ricky Paull Goldin.

He's actually not her husband, but it seemed like he kinda proposed in that video message.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Yesterday when they talked about the white female cop, I understood what Joy was asking.  Yes, of course Whoopi shut it down. If you want to hear someone break it down to what a lot are feeling? I suggest watching Trevor Noah on Thursday's Daily show. It really is perfection. 

TN said something very similar to what John Legend tweeted about the Felicity Huffman case. Something along the lines of the answer is not a harsher sentence for Felicity. The answer is an equal sentence for a person of color. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, General Days said:

No, they did return to it. They showed a clip at the start of the next segment.

Thanks. I must have been out of the room when they started that segment. Megun didn't end up saying anything.

22 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I think Joy was wrong to bring up "would a white person forgive a black person?" The topic was about forgiveness, not race. I'm glad Whoopi stopped her even though Whoopi got it all wrong. Whoopi being Whoopi, y'all!"

I think it was appropriate to bring that up. Think of the parishioners at the church in Charleston where Dylan Roof murdered their loved ones. I’d be really curious if the families (especially religious) of victims of color are more inclined to express forgiveness. 

• Love 11
22 hours ago, marymary said:

I wish I could like this post more than once. I completely agree! And as much as I don’t like Meghan, I really appreciated what she said, and that she was passionate about it.

Why can’t a women post a bathing suit photo on social media? It’s not like she was naked, or doing something overtly sexual. 

It did look like her bare breasts were showing at the bottom of the suit. Blurred out on tv. Other than that it looked ok to me.

I've never understood selfies. Or posting photos of yourself. Hey - a friend or family gathering - sure!

Having universities and possible employers check out your socoal media has been a topic for years.

Leave it to MM to jump in with both feet and show us her decadent life in her 20's - in LA. 

First off she was at Columbia in NYC - oh and on the campaign. 

But she wants to rewrite history and show her rebellious late teen years and years.

What a serious pundint.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Blissfool said:

He's actually not her husband, but it seemed like he kinda proposed in that video message.

I’m Canadian so maybe it’s different here - but when two people are together long enough to have children and live as a family they are definitely common-law spouses. I think there was a time when it was a specific number of years (7 maybe) but not anymore. 

In any case I get uncomfortable when children are involved and wouldn’t want them feeling their family was in any way “less than”.

It sounds great that they will have a celebration of their lives and get officially married. Wishing them all the best. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, sandymck said:

I think there was a time when it was a specific number of years (7 maybe) but not anymore. 

Our "common law marriages" are recognized state-by-state...maybe 15 states.  Now some of them recognize those liaisons only before certain dates, like the 90s.  The other 35-ish don't recognize them at all.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Yesterday when they talked about the white female cop, I understood what Joy was asking.  Yes, of course Whoopi shut it down. If you want to hear someone break it down to what a lot are feeling? I suggest watching Trevor Noah on Thursday's Daily show. It really is perfection. 

Yes, it was weird that Whoopi shut it down.  then it was clear that Whoopi didn't understand what Joy was saying.   And yes, Trevor Noah laid it out PERFECTLY.  Basically seeing the discrepancy between the sympathy given to a white person and a black person who is going to prison for a crime.   And that the solution is to show compassion to everyone equally.  Trevor Noah can be hilariously funny, but once in a while he does a serious show like he did Thursday, serious and thoughtful.  

• Love 15
6 hours ago, bannana said:

Me-Again is just so grumpy whenever Ana is present.  I love it. 

She had a scowl the moment she sat down.  The camera operator liked it and stayed on her face for moments.

And the stylists must be Ana's friends because what they did to Me-Again today with that outfit was certainly some kind of punishment. 

Yeah!  She wears a TWELVE, stylists...not a SIX.  Either provide the right size or don't strap her in a jacket.

And Joy introduced Ana very effusively. 

She did it last time too.  HaHA!

• Love 10
50 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Yeah!  She wears a TWELVE, stylists...not a SIX.  Either provide the right size or don't strap her in a jacket.

Did she say she wears a 12? LMAO. She looks like a refrigerator in heels. Her upper body is wide and also quite deep. The depth of her rib cage (front to back) at a lesser weight and with smaller breasts might possibly fit into a 12 --but then factor in the amount of fat she carries above the waist, how broad her back is, and then add the enormous breasts which most definitely provide width.

No way, a 12. Depending on the clothing label, she's easily somewhere between an 18 and a 22.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, suomi said:

Did she say she wears a 12? LMAO. She looks like a refrigerator in heels. Her upper body is wide and also quite deep. The depth of her rib cage (front to back) at a lesser weight and with smaller breasts might possibly fit into a 12 --but then factor in the amount of fat she carries above the waist, how broad her back is, and then add the enormous breasts which most definitely provide width.

No way, a 12. Depending on the clothing label, she's easily somewhere between an 18 and a 22.

Honestly I haven’t heard Meghan state she is a size 12 for at least two years now. I don’t know why certain people want to insist that she’s currently claiming to being that size. Those assertions seem to go hand in hand with posts that seek to size shame her too, which is unfortunate because it really has nothing to do with the content of her words. 

• Love 1

If she said she was a size 12 two years ago she was lying.

I don't see that it's size shaming to chronicle what is visible to the naked eye. I was skinny and then thin during my teens, 20s, 30s, 40s and 50s. That changed during my early-to-mid 60s when my tops eventually went from size 10 to size 14. Now that I'm staring down 70 I wear at least a 16/18 in tops.

Her horrid personality and "I'm all that" attitude serve to invite less than complimentary comment. It's human nature to see pleasant and unpleasant people differently and I make no apology for that. 

If it happens that you were referring to my post above, I'm not saying a thing about her that I haven't said about myself. If I was saying it to her face then I would be size-shaming her. As it is, she has not the slightest idea of what I'm saying about her and she wouldn't care if she did know because, trust me, my opinion means nothing to her. Which bothers me not one bit.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, suomi said:

I have to say that I was surprised at Meghan's size when in the studio audience. My first thought was, wow the camera really does add pounds. I thought that Sunny and Abby were pretty thin. Joy commented that she has been doing weight watchers together with the comedian who warms up the audience. She gave the comedian some praise for losing 32 pounds. Quite honestly, Meghan looked pretty average. Due to where I was seated I spent more time looking at her back than any other angle. But still, based on that and what I saw between segments, I didn't see 18 to 22 at all.

Maybe it's the wardrobe choices that aren't helping.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
43 minutes ago, suomi said:

If she said she was a size 12 two years ago she was lying.

My point was that I haven’t heard her say she was a size 12 in the past two years. I don’t watch every show though, so I may be wrong about when she last claimed her dress size was a 12. Does anyone have a record of when that episode was? The impression I’ve gotten from the boards was that she claimed she was a 12 sometime during her 1st season after her wedding. From looking at her wedding picture as well as her intro footage in the credits, size 12 seems to be accurate. (She may have even been an 8 or a 10. She's pretty short, and if I can remember my own past figures correctly I may have looked similar when I was that size.) Obviously she has grown since then, but I'm not sure why it would be necessary for her to update the audience on her current dress size.  Do the other hosts do that?

42 minutes ago, suomi said:

I don't see that it's size shaming to chronicle what is visible to the naked eye. I was skinny and then thin during my teens, 20s, 30s, 40s and 50s. That changed during my early-to-mid 60s when my tops eventually went from size 10 to size 14. Now that I'm staring down 70 I wear at least a 16/18 in tops.

I don't see indifferent observations about her weight to be size shaming either. It's the judgmental comments towards her size and her weight that I consider to be size shaming, but to each their own.

53 minutes ago, suomi said:

Her horrid personality and "I'm all that" attitude serve to invite less than complimentary comment. It's human nature to see pleasant and unpleasant people differently and I make no apology for that. 

No apology needed. Personally, I don't feel comfortable criticizing the less mutable physical characteristics of people I disagree with, even if they're like Meghan, who I think is a horrible person. Different strokes for different folks. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, maggiemae said:

It seems to me having two politician's kids on the show is a huge conflict of interest for the show.

If John McCain was still a senator there would be a whole list of topics they wouldn't talk about.   The other day when Hillary mentioned his vote against repealing the ACA Meghan didn't say a word.  

• Love 11

My problem with Amber Guyger is that I don't think she was one bit sorry.  (So I shot a guy that I thought was in MY apartment ... big deal!!  Oh, he was black??)  Her explanation of what happened was ridiculous & despite screwing up her face on the stand, she couldn't squeeze out one tear!!!  I thought it was nice of the brother to forgive & ask to hug her, but the Judge giving her her bible was beyond the pale.  TEN YEARS (out in 5) for killing a man sitting in his OWN home, watching TV & eating ice cream, makes me so angry I could spit!!!

• Love 19
On 10/4/2019 at 10:56 PM, piccadilly83 said:

Honestly I haven’t heard Meghan state she is a size 12 for at least two years now. I don’t know why certain people want to insist that she’s currently claiming to being that size.

I assume I'm among those "certain people," who occasionally/rarely repeat what MEGHAN says regarding her size.  MEGHAN!  Here's a video clip from January 2019 (I don't feel like researching further to defend myself...and others).

VIDEO:  At the 1:05 mark.

I don't CARE about her size...my size is MUCH LARGER...in the X's.   We comment because her self-assessment doesn't match our EYES.

Edited by HaaCHOO
s p a c i n g
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

I had no problem with it at all because an innocent man was shot dead in his own home. Had Botham Jean been White, he would still be alive.  I was very uncomfortable with so much sympathy being given to his murderer who will be out in 5 years.  Botham's mother made it clear that her son's act of forgiveness does not represent her whole family.  Sunny was right when she said that judge was inappropriate hugging Amber and giving her, her bible..

Why the hell did a judge have a Bible in the courtroom?   So inappropriate. 

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Why the hell did a judge have a Bible in the courtroom?   So inappropriate.

The bible is still used when swearing in witnesses, so that's probably why. 

• Love 9

I found this from USA Today -

Kemp left the bench to approach and hug the tearful Guyger, handing her what she said was one of the personal Bibles she used every day.

So she has a stack of 'em.  I do agree that it was terribly inappropriate for her to give one to the defendant, and  now I wonder if she's done it before.

• Love 10

The woman who lost a job because of social media bikini photos - Meghan was wrong.  The woman applied for a job, didn't get it, and someone in charge of hiring left feedback about the photo being unprofessional.   So what?  Isn't it common knowledge that companies want their employees to present themselves as professionals online?  The woman was not OWED a job by that company.  If that kind of photo is important to her, then she can find a job with a company that is OK with it.  

A lot of companies have webpages where they list employees.  Clients can look up those employees, and what they find can influence how they think about the company.   If you are associated with a company, your image is the company's image.  Keep social media private, or do what teachers do -  use an alternate name AND keep it private.  The photo shown on The View blurred out the woman's breasts peeking out from her top. Meghan thinks it's so terrible that the photo was thought to be unprofessional.   But she kind of missed the whole POINT of the story, which was that the company then used the woman's photo on Instagram to demonstrate what not to do when applying for a job.  Yeah, that crossed a line - but it kind of got lost in the way The View presented the story. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan thinks it's so terrible that the photo was thought to be unprofessional.

Meghan knows that NO RULES apply to her.  She follows 'em if/when she pleases.  If she doesn't like something/someone, she walks (or makes so much trouble everything is changed for her benefit).

• Love 9