Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 9/30/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday, Sept. 30 
Rob Lowe (“911: Lonestar”; “Stories I Only Tell My Friends: LIVE”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, Oct. 1 
Michael Strahan, Sara Haines & Keke Palmer (“GMA3: Strahan, Sara & Keke”); Allison Tolman (ABC’s “Emergence”)

Wednesday, Oct. 2 
 Daytime exclusive Hillary Rodham Clinton and Chelsea Clinton (authors, “The Book of Gutsy Women”); Ben Platt (“The Politician”)

Thursday, Oct. 3
The Political View with Rachel Maddow (author, “Blowout”)

Friday, Oct. 4
Jessica Lange (“The Politician”; photographer/author “Highway 61”)

• Love 4

Thinking this is going to be a very uncomfortable week for MM. LOL. Love it.

Could care less about SH,MS and Keke. Too manic. Plus he gets his last name on the title but the "girls" their firsts.

Can't blame Sarah not wanting a thing to do with MM.

• Love 20

As we speak, er, write Meghan is practicing her fileting technique.  Looking forward to most of the guests this week.

8 hours ago, UpTooLate said:

How many times is ABC going to revamp that stupid show that took Sara Haines away from The View? Dump Abby, bring back Sara!

It really is awful.  Adding Keke did nothing to make it more watchable.  I don't see Sara coming back to the View though.  It would be admitting her new show was a mistake.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, UpTooLate said:

How many times is ABC going to revamp that stupid show that took Sara Haines away from The View? Dump Abby, bring back Sara!

With Hillary, Chelsea, and Rachel, I'm looking forward to this week's guests.

Or swap Abby with Sara 

• Love 9
14 hours ago, UpTooLate said:

With Hillary, Chelsea, and Rachel, I'm looking forward to this week's guests.

Or just swap them.  She can keep her job.  Just over there. Ooooooooover ttttttttttttttthereeeeeeee......gmta @TheView!

Edited by Tammee
Added
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, Jaded said:

Michael Strahan, Sara Haines & Keke Palmer (“GMA3: Strahan, Sara & Keke”);

What happened to "GMA Day"?  Wasn't it called that?

Is it now "GMA3" because this is the third name for it?

Gosh, it isn't working. Cancel it.

Edited by OnTime
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

Watching The Politician on Netflix now. Main character is running for president of his high school,  in preparation for one day being US president. 

His advisors are telling him to choose a running mate with a disability.  One line, "john McCain tried that and it turned out to be a disaster. "

Ha! I wonder if Meghan will watch it.

Edited by tinkerbell
  • LOL 14
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

At least Joy got to relate her Linda Tripp is partisan bit ... LOL!!!

Now Meghan claims she did understand Joy's reference to Linda Tripp last week. Mmhmm. Sure ya did, Meghan.

They do all appear to be in good spirits today.

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • LOL 9
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I really can't stand when Whoopi goes into her strict parenting advice BS.

I must have missed the conversation about Linda Tripp last week.  Did Meghan not know who Linda Tripp was?

They were talking about the whistle blower being a partisan hack according to those on the right. Joy said, "I have two words for you: Linda Tripp." Meghan said, "I don't even know what that means." Joy wanted to explain to her what she meant, but they went to commercial break or changed the subject or something before she could.

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

They were talking about the whistle blower being a partisan hack according to those on the right. Joy said, "I have two words for you: Linda Tripp." Meghan said, "I don't even know what that means." Joy wanted to explain to her what she meant, but they went to commercial break or changed the subject or something before she could.

Thank you. How could she not know who Linda  Tripp was? Wasn't that the story that taught her about oral sex? 🙄

She loves that dismissive phrase. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • LOL 10
  • Love 8

Whoopi needs to stop giving parenting advice.  She always talks about how tough her mom was, yet, she reports leaving school in the 8th grade.  Really? Whoopi?  Your mother told you to do something and you did it?  Why be such a hypocrite?  You left school before high school, became a teen mom and a drug addict. Became a grandma before 40 and a great grandmother before 60. No one was listening to anyone. So shut up and listen to what works for others. 

• Love 22
9 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

She didn't seem to!!!???

She probably didn't.  I assume she brings up the Clinton/Lewinsky scandal as a shot at the Clinton's and to make sure everyone understands how awful it is that she learned about oral sex because of the disgusting Dem President. Didn't she admit today that she didn't know Deep Throat worked for the FBI? So much Meghan dosen't know😉.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • LOL 6
  • Love 11

So Meghan says it's "important that (conservatives on tv) are honest about what's happening."  Has she turned a corner?

Oh, geez, she brought up her tweet rant from yesterday.  "If any of the women on this show" talked this way we'd be called, "hysterical maniac crazy bitches".  She tried to drag everyone else on the show into it, but she's the only one who regularly fits those terms and called out for it. 

"Dropped f-bombs" was part of what was bleeped, referring to Robert DeNiro's interview on CNN, where he said it twice in the same sentence, referring to Fox News.  When host Brian Stelter said it wasn't an FCC violation (being on cable), but was a little much for Sunday morning, DeNiro apologized.  Meghan was horrified, though, and held herself up as a paragon of virtue.

If Meghan doesn't know about something she could just remain silent, instead of shouting that they weren't planning on discussing that, so she doesn't have her talking points.  It's pitiful what knowledge she doesn't just have in her head, without having to prepare ahead of time.  And of course she thinks she could learn all about Watergate by going the easy route and watching All the President's Men.  But she wouldn't learn about Mark Felt there, since his identity wasn't revealed until almost 30 years later.

Meghan should have specified that the Trump tweet she read was a retweet, and no, I don't think he did so in a joking manner.

Meghan grammar mistake of the day -"hard, fast" rule instead of "hard and fast".

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
34 minutes ago, lusinia said:

So Meghan says it's "important that (conservatives on tv) are honest about what's happening."  Has she turned a corner?

Oh, geez, she brought up her tweet rant from yesterday.  "If any of the women on this show" talked this way we'd be called, "hysterical maniac crazy bitches".  She tried to drag everyone else on the show into it, but she's the only one who regularly fits those terms and called out for it. 

"Dropped f-bombs" was part of what was bleeped, referring to Robert DeNiro's interview on CNN, where he said it twice in the same sentence, referring to Fox News.  When host Brian Stelter said it wasn't an FCC violation (being on cable), but was a little much for Sunday morning, DeNiro apologized.  Meghan was horrified, though, and held herself up as a paragon of virtue.

If Meghan doesn't know about something she could just remain silent, instead of shouting that they weren't planning on discussing that, so she doesn't have her talking points.  It's pitiful what knowledge she doesn't just have in her head, without having to prepare ahead of time.  And of course she thinks she could learn all about Watergate by going the easy route and watching All the President's Men.  But she wouldn't learn about Mark Felt there, since his identity wasn't revealed until almost 30 years later.

Meghan should have specified that the Trump tweet she read was a retweet, and no, I don't think he did so in a joking manner.

Meghan grammar mistake of the day -"hard, fast" rule instead of "hard and fast".

bwah!  'hard and fast' now theres a freudian slip lol

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, TheView said:

And Meghan used Ana’s phrase “President Loco”

"...this is why it's so important for conservative on TV to not just go on TV and scream President loco over and over again...."

I think this was a jab at Ana, since I think she is the only commentator that calls him that.

• Love 12
50 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

Man, the ladies all agreed today( how could they not)  Meghan looks good in burgundy,  and I think Sunny is growing out her bangs..

I was trying  to listen to Sunny explain  something,  I wish Whoopi would let her talk. She was yelling  over them all. I don't need to hear about anyone's  sex life, especially on the view! lol

How can Rob Lowe get older,   and look the same? His sons are funny on SM. I'm going to check out his new show, because  I loved him,  and everyone  else in the West Wing. Code black , he was very good in, as well.

Sunny and Meghan need to binge that show.

Attention? I don't want to hear about their sex lives either, but I didn't cover my ears and roll my eyes.

I do like when Whoopi goes gangster Mom and lays down the law.  Cant count how many times i heard that as a kid.  Really is different generations. Times were innocent and free.  Ok now Im making myself cry *stop*!  Better thoughts...Rob Lowe.  Ive always loved him too.  Way back to Youngblood.  In fact thats where my thang started for Canadians and hockey.  Bonus if youre both LOL tmi, sorry.  Back to Rob.  I loved his eerie show with his sons.  They are very comical and Rob is dam funny himself.  Wish theyd make more. @Sarah Heartwhat did you mean by SM regarding Robs sons.  I didnt get that one. Thanks!  You know what i thought was a really class act...when Rob asked W who was playing his character this time and you could tell he'd never heard of him.  Instead of getting snarky 'who?'  He was happy for the actor.  Stuff like that show what a really truely good and classy guy he is

Edited by Tammee
Added
  • Love 7

I wondered if Meghan was correct about there being a character on The West Wing based on her father, since I wasn't aware of that.

After checking, it seems that the character Alan Alda played, Senator Arnold Vinick, was broadly based on John McCain and Barry Goldwater.  But he didn't appear until season 6, in one episode, and then was a major character in the final two seasons. 

To the best of my recollection (I haven't seen it since it originally aired), Alda's character is not portrayed as a bad guy.  I'm going to assume that Meghan didn't watch the show to begin with because it was about a Democratic president and administration, and when she heard that someone was based on her father, she probably figured it was an unflattering portrayal, because that's how she would write a Democratic character. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I really can't stand when Whoopi goes into her strict parenting advice BS.

Whoopi is just a pack-o-lies* most of the time, yet she truly is honored and revered by so many (not me).  She actually said (her book appearance on Colbert) that she doesn't have a dishwasher--she washes dishes by hand because that's how her mother taught her.  This was a discussion of her fabulous dinner parties.  I commented to my son, "Oh, you KNOW she has a dishwasher...and hired dish washers for her parties."   She's the Queen of Humility and the humble-brag.

*Self-aggrandizing

• LOL 7
  • Love 9

Jeez, am I the only person on these forums that likes Keke? She just seems like a lot of fun and I honestly think she vibes well with Michael and Sara. No, the show isn't perfect (I do find it pretty cheesy at times), but it's gotten a lot better since it started. I might be biased though since I grew up with her. We keep the ABC channel on at work and those 3 break up the day nicely.

As for today, it was annoying to watch since the ladies talked over each other more than usual. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Whoopi is just a pack-o-lies* most of the time, yet she truly is honored and revered by so many (not me).  She actually said (her book appearance on Colbert) that she doesn't have a dishwasher--she washes dishes by hand because that's how her mother taught her.  This was a discussion of her fabulous dinner parties.  I commented to my son, "Oh, you KNOW she has a dishwasher...and hired dish washers for her parties."   She's the Queen of Humility and the humble-brag.

*Self-aggrandizing

Oh, dear why would she need a dishwasher.  Whoopi never eats, so dirty plates are not a thing.

• LOL 11

Can i just say *snark* heh....seriously now.  About Rob.a little ways back he was in a show and i cant find the name of it.  He played a Priest that traveled the world with a nun reporting and debunking mysteries. It was very interesting to me.  Alas i guess it was canceled because ive never seen it again.

• Love 2
On 9/29/2019 at 12:24 AM, falltime said:

I just read a brief synopsis on The Politician, it seems to be about high school politics- a dramedy. 

And since it's from Ryan Murphy, there will be a lot of "him" in the stories...plus maybe some memories of GLEE.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

Meghan said, "I don't even know what that means."

This is one of Meghan's go-to lines when she really means, "Joy, you ignorant slut™ (Chevy Chase, SNL), you're going off 'my' topic and I do not approve!"

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Oh, dear why would she need a dishwasher.  Whoopi never eats, so dirty plates are not a thing.

I have one.  Havent used it in probably five years.  I refused to run it if it wasnt full.  Its just me though and would have taken a month to fill.  It came with the place so was nice but i doubt it would be high on my appliance bucket list.  I could actually use the space its taking up.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

Arnold Vinick,  was the comparison to McCain. Alda did a fantastic job 

I know many people that never watched WW, simply because they don't like politics., or political shows..

*looks around*  that would be me.  Count of one lol

• LOL 3