Type keyword(s) to search

S39.E01: I Vote You Out and That's It

FormerMod-a1
Message added by Whimsy

As a reminder, there is NO discussion of the previews in the episode threads. Offenders will get a warning. 

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, TVFan1 said:

I know this was only the first episode of the season, but I'm liking it so far. I'm so glad that Elaine stayed. I like her and hope she hangs on. 

Good riddance to Ronnie. Didn't like him. Also didn't like Dan's touchy feely thing he had going on. 

Where at Tribal Council are Rob and Sandra? I'm guessing they can't be seen?

I think Rob and Sandra are in Tony's Spy Shack.  

• LOL 15
  • Love 1

I enjoyed the first episode of Survivor and I am still undecided about my winner pick. I had chosen Jamal at first but then I thought that he is a strong guy who will probably be evicted after merge. Then I picked Molly because I see she has a lot of knowledge of the game. After the first episode I am leaning towards choosing Tommy because I thought he is a very likeable guy and everyone had nice things to say about him so I see this as a winner edit. I liked Karishma very much, she seems down to earth and really logical. Regarding Elaine, there is nothing wrong with her but I am feeling we are "pressured" to like her and I don't like that. Vince is a really great guy and I believe in him but I am afraid he will become a liability in challenges. I had picked Noura to be voted out first because I think she is kinda crazy. I am happy that Ronnie left because he was really not a person I liked. I am curious to see what will happen with Dan. Have we ever had another person behaving like that?

• Love 2

I have to say that one of the most ludicrous, laughable, and still somehow awesome part of the giant statues is their clothes.  Like someone decided they both need to have colored shirts on (like, what?, we might think they're naked otherwise)?

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Yes! What makes anyone, ever walk up to someone and do that amateur massage thing?  A woman did that to my son's neck at work and gave him a pinched nerve.  I don't even trust chiropractors, if you're not my doctor or my husband stand back. 

The worst was that woman who was lying down and I think he just started doing shit to her back AND SHE COULDN'T EVEN SEE WHO IT WAS AND WHAT HE WAS DOING.  What a nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

• Love 8

People have been playing...and winning...Survivor for years without having being mentored by Boston  Rob or Sandra.  Why are they here?  Why do their egos need more stroking?  I FF through their introduction at the start.  Blech.  The actual show was interesting, and I liked the teamwork from both sides in the first IC.  Like that Ronnie got the boot.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, dizzyd said:

She can’t. She specifically had to pull the name of someone from the other tribe to visit next. It was a stupid lie. 

Agreed! How the hell does she expect to get away with this lie? She knows someone from the other tribe is going to go to the IOTI. How will she coordinate the lie once that person knows Rob and Sandra are there? 

PLUS, isn't it likely, Elizabeth, that the person you just sent will also be drawing a name out of a bag and sending someone from your tribe, or, if you lose another challenge again, your tribe will be drawing names out of a bag... so there's a real chance the next person from her tribe going won't be in her alliance, how will she coordinate that lie?

All the next person has to do is say "OMG it was so awesome Rob and Sandra were there and it was great and there are these giant statues of them and everything!" and people will seriously be giving Elizabeth the side-eye.

AND... telling people the truth is better for you because of the name of the island!!! Everyone assumes the Island of Idols has... IDOLS! As in, immunity idols! Advantages! Secret stuff!  You come back from "The Island of the IDOLS!" empty-handed and everyone will be suspicious of you!  Instead, she should have just said: "Guys, you won't believe it... the island has Survivor Idols in it, as in, famous former players. Not immunity idols!" and as soon as another person goes and verifies it, she is not under any suspicion for having an HOI

So not only did she screw herself by telling a lie that she cannot possibly maintain, but, she throws more suspicion on herself with everyone assuming the IOTI has a plethora of immunity idols up for grabs and she has a very real chance of having one.

• Love 16
17 hours ago, mojoween said:

I am still so not a fan of Sandra.  Sorry.

May I sit next to you?

17 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I had a hard time telling Aaron and Ronnie apart, but both were equally annoying, and I was fine with either one of them leaving.

For awhile, I actually thought they were the same person, and that "Ronnie" was a nickname for Aaron.......

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
15 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I think that the supposed "Germaphobe" woman was put in a position where she was FORCED to come up with an inoffensive storyline to tell Touchy guy

She definitely was right --in the context of the game-- to emphasize that it was HER issue, and allow GropeyMcGroperson  to believe that her bringing his awareness to his behavior in general would be helpful to his game. It's also a way to bond with the other women  on the tribe who he had also made uncomfortable, and it would be smart to leverage that.

I don't think she was thinking strategically, though. Her THs focused on her being a germaphobe, which truly is perplexing in terms of applying for this show. This might pop up again as a liability -- how will she use shared food or drink vessels? Deal with cold nights when she might have to huddle for warmth? Team challenges where she might have to get up close and personal with someone else's sweat, spit and tears?

2 hours ago, Bryce Lynch said:

I wonder if Tom will try to help Vince man up a bit

Not sure what this means. Vince's undies clearly show he's male. :P

• LOL 1
19 minutes ago, Charlesman said:

Agreed! How the hell does she expect to get away with this lie? She knows someone from the other tribe is going to go to the IOTI. How will she coordinate the lie once that person knows Rob and Sandra are there? 

PLUS, isn't it likely, Elizabeth, that the person you just sent will also be drawing a name out of a bag and sending someone from your tribe, or, if you lose another challenge again, your tribe will be drawing names out of a bag... so there's a real chance the next person from her tribe going won't be in her alliance, how will she coordinate that lie?

All the next person has to do is say "OMG it was so awesome Rob and Sandra were there and it was great and there are these giant statues of them and everything!" and people will seriously be giving Elizabeth the side-eye.

AND... telling people the truth is better for you because of the name of the island!!! Everyone assumes the Island of Idols has... IDOLS! As in, immunity idols! Advantages! Secret stuff!  You come back from "The Island of the IDOLS!" empty-handed and everyone will be suspicious of you!  Instead, she should have just said: "Guys, you won't believe it... the island has Survivor Idols in it, as in, famous former players. Not immunity idols!" and as soon as another person goes and verifies it, she is not under any suspicion for having an HOI

So not only did she screw herself by telling a lie that she cannot possibly maintain, but, she throws more suspicion on herself with everyone assuming the IOTI has a plethora of immunity idols up for grabs and she has a very real chance of having one.

This x1000.

Someone else gets to be the hero and reveal all.  Elizabeth basically gave away the plot of Ghost Island with the smashing of the urns.  If Elizabeth did tell, there’s a reason they didn’t show it.

Unless that’s coming next week.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Pepper the Cat said:

Can’t stand Boston Rob. Every time I see him I want to slap that smug smile off his face. 

I can't stand him either.  He's not as great as he thinks he is.  It took him four tries to win and that's only because TPTB made it so very clear that he was supposed to win.  Tired of that black tank top, I feel like he thinks it is his Survivor uniform.  But hey, at least he doesn't have the stupid Boston hat.

I've never particularly cared for Sandra.  I didn't get what she means when she keeps saying "queen stays queen" when clearly she failed on her third try and didn't stay queen.  I've never been all that impressed with her gameplay, it was just mostly about getting others to do all the dirty work and having an "anybody but me" attitude towards the vote.  I guess it worked, but I still don't see how it was so masterful that she is considered one of the "greatest players ever".  By her third try everyone clearly knew her game and it failed miserably.  However, I was surprised I didn't mind seeing her.  When she's not a player and is there solely to provide advice, I think she seems like a nice and funny person.

3 hours ago, Special K said:

IMO all the men are wearing too-small, floppy, or otherwise unfortunate undershorts at this point.  I mean, it's only day 3!  One shudders to imagine how much worse these garments are going to get.

Yes.  It's obvious that TPTB does this on purpose.  There were some men that wore pants to the challenge (I think Jamal was one of them?) so it's not like the show is forcing them to wear just their underwear.  Yet many choose to do so anyways.  And I'm thinking they purposely go out and find some of the most hideous looking underwear to make the guys wear.  Not just the fit but ugly patterns in particular.  The worst is the really pale white guy with the jungle print looking pattern.  I'm hoping they get swimsuits soon, but I don't think they ever got them last season did they?  TPTB was too fixated on keeping Chris Underwood in his tight underwear.  Someone really needs to suggest to Vince that pants are a good choice.  Ugh.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I loved this episode.  However, I just love Survivor in general...

I liked most of the survivors and was glad that Ronnie was voted out.  I also like that there are many competent and intelligent players (well, at least in my first impressions of them).  I think that the change from not being greeted by Jeff and immediately marooned may have thrown some of them off at first and I am all for it.  I am hoping that Janet goes far (life guard) as she is totally destroying older woman stereotypes.  And, I am hoping that Dan goes soon.  Look, I'm older (well, maybe way older is more accurate), but I never tolerated someone putting their hands on me without permission.  He's a "talent manager" so maybe those with whom he works put up with this, but his behavior is totally inappropriate in any decade, not just today.  I get that people don't really want to "make waves" in the first few days of this experience, but he just needs to go (IMO).  Is it only touching someone violently that gets people immediately banned?

Anyway, I love Boston Rob and am more neutral on Sandra, but I liked the idea of IOI.  I especially liked their snark fest at tribal.  Much more of that, please.  

What I really did not like was expecting an hour and half premiere episode that was really only about 20 minutes (I jest) due to all of the "sneak peeks."  I wanted more Survivor, not more commercials for shows in which I am not interested!  Having said that, I'll take Survivor however they give it to me (I'm weak that way...).

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
52 minutes ago, Kaiju Ballet said:

She definitely was right --in the context of the game-- to emphasize that it was HER issue, and allow GropeyMcGroperson  to believe that her bringing his awareness to his behavior in general would be helpful to his game. It's also a way to bond with the other women  on the tribe who he had also made uncomfortable, and it would be smart to leverage that.

I don't think she was thinking strategically, though. Her THs focused on her being a germaphobe, which truly is perplexing in terms of applying for this show. This might pop up again as a liability -- how will she use shared food or drink vessels? Deal with cold nights when she might have to huddle for warmth? Team challenges where she might have to get up close and personal with someone else's sweat, spit and tears?

Not sure what this means. Vince's undies clearly show he's male. :P

I really hope they do the challenge where the players have their hands tied behind their backs and they have to tear pieces of pork off a roasted pig, with their teeth and carry them to a table at the other end of the course. 😁

I can't see how a germaphobe could survive more than a couple of days with all the nasty germs being shared on Survivor. 

6 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I loved this episode.  However, I just love Survivor in general...

I liked most of the survivors and was glad that Ronnie was voted out.  I also like that there are many competent and intelligent players (well, at least in my first impressions of them).  I think that the change from not being greeted by Jeff and immediately marooned may have thrown some of them off at first and I am all for it.  I am hoping that Janet goes far (life guard) as she is totally destroying older woman stereotypes.  And, I am hoping that Dan goes soon.  Look, I'm older (well, maybe way older is more accurate), but I never tolerated someone putting their hands on me without permission.  He's a "talent manager" so maybe those with whom he works put up with this, but his behavior is totally inappropriate in any decade, not just today.  I get that people don't really want to "make waves" in the first few days of this experience, but he just needs to go (IMO).  Is it only touching someone violently that gets people immediately banned?

Anyway, I love Boston Rob and am more neutral on Sandra, but I liked the idea of IOI.  I especially liked their snark fest at tribal.  Much more of that, please.  

What I really did not like was expecting an hour and half premiere episode that was really only about 20 minutes (I jest) due to all of the "sneak peeks."  I wanted more Survivor, not more commercials for shows in which I am not interested!  Having said that, I'll take Survivor however they give it to me (I'm weak that way...).

I had forgotten that Gropey Dan was a talent agent.  I seriously hope he doesn't have a casting couch for ambitious, gullible young actresses.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, Charlesman said:

I agree. I think it would have been better to just tell the truth and I think she will regret it. Although, I just read an article with a Probst interview, and he said he was "impressed" with the lie she came up with & thought it was a smart move !  Well, color me wrong ! If Jeffy thinks it was a good idea, then case closed.

• LOL 5

I've watched Survivor since season 1 and I just gotta say that I love Boston Rob and I love Sandra. This season looks like it's not going to let me down like another one of my favorites just did. Sandra's "f**k no!" response to Rob asking if it was hard for her to vote people out is the reason I love her so much! She's the Queen of Survivor and he'll always be the King in my opinion. I'm looking forward to this season. 

• Love 9

After the shitshow that was EOE I was totally expecting to hate-watch this season, but I actually liked this episode a lot. 

The cast seems interesting, and I don't know if it is more diverse but it felt like there were less stereotypical buff guys and perky blonde girls. I haven't read any cast breakdowns so maybe they're there but just haven't got much airtime yet. I liked that a lot of women seemed to get confessionals early, and the whisperings of a women's alliance - it may not happen but it's nice to see them actually *consider* it, and now they have the numbers. 

I don't know if I actually like Elaine or I just think I do because the show is telling me to, but that vote was like an early litmus test for the season for me and I was rooting for her to stay because it's just great when the first vote-out isn't the woman people think can't do well in challenges. And yeah, way, way too early to be voting out jury threats. 

Rob and Sandra are cartoon characters at this point. I love Sandra as a player and as much as I want to hate Rob I always end up enjoying his arrogance, but they don't even seem real any more - it's like they are just their Survivor personas, amplified 110%. Still, I was surprisingly fine with everything but the ridiculous giant heads. Elizabeth was absolutely either told who they were supposed, or the talking head was recorded later, because there's no way she'd pick them. I didn't mind her though, she reminded me a bit of Natasha Lyonne in her younger days - and I'm torn on the lie. She definitely had to keep her lost vote quiet, or she becomes an easy first boot, but I'm not sure about the rest. I see reasons to keep it quiet but it could bite her in the ass later. 

7 hours ago, violet and green said:

It was her idea someone should actually speak up re the hands-on stuff to poor Dan. How mortifying to be that guy. Found Kellee a lot more annoying than his paws-on faux pas. "Get off my legs!" would not have gone astray. I think he was just trying to offer something to the tribe, cracking backs, and all. Time will tell, I guess.

YMMV, but I have zero sympathy for Dan. It's 2019 and he's a grown man. If he doesn't know not to put his hands on women - for whatever reason - without a clear indication that they're cool with it, then he's being willfully ignorant. It's easy to say Kellee should have just told him to stop but in that situation it's not always that easy, and ITA with the poster up there who said this early on she probably didn't want to be seen as difficult/put a target on her back. And besides, it shouldn't be on her to have to stop him. The onus is on him to learn some boundaries in the first place. 

Overall, great start. 1000% expecting to be disappointed next week. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Special K said:

IMO all the men are wearing too-small, floppy, or otherwise unfortunate undershorts at this point.  I mean, it's only day 3!  One shudders to imagine how much worse these garments are going to get.

Seriously.  I didn't notice Vince's or Ron's; I was horrified by Tom's.  Please guys, put on some damn pants!

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Whimsy said:

I've noticed on these reality shows that everyone who is from Massachusetts says they're from Boston.  I live about 45 minutes from Boston and I would NEVER say I'm from Boston!  I'm not.  I'm from a suburb.  Not even close to the same as living in the city.  I get that it's an easy reference point, but to me it's very disingenuous.  

I'm not a germaphobe.  I'm a I-don't-like-people-touching-me-aphobe.  I would've had real issues with that guy laying all over me and touching me.  

Maybe she's hoping that she'll just keep being sent there and no one else will know. 

Same. I bet she didn't either.  I guarantee that talking head was after she knew they were there.

I try to stay as unspoiled as possible (sometimes hard with modding this board lol).  I knew that BR and Sandra were going to mentor, but I just thought that meant each one was going to be assigned a tribe and mentor them as a group.  I think I like this better, but the secret is going to get out real quick and then everyone will be clamoring to go there.  

I live in the Dorchester section of Boston and this really irks me too.  Boston Rob isn't even from Boston.  He's from a suburb about 20 minutes away.  The guy that got voted off confused me cause he said he was from Brockton (a suburb) and then said South Boston.  Glad he's gone cause I also thought he was sneaky.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, MissEwa said:

YMMV, but I have zero sympathy for Dan. It's 2019 and he's a grown man. If he doesn't know not to put his hands on women - for whatever reason - without a clear indication that they're cool with it, then he's being willfully ignorant. It's easy to say Kellee should have just told him to stop but in that situation it's not always that easy, and ITA with the poster up there who said this early on she probably didn't want to be seen as difficult/put a target on her back. And besides, it shouldn't be on her to have to stop him. The onus is on him to learn some boundaries in the first place. 

I totally agree and wrote similarly.  Also, I looked up his age.  He's 48.  Not that it's okay when 20 year old guys do it, but there are just no excuses, and I don't understand the idea of feeling sympathy either.

I'm from a suburb of Toronto, there's no way I'd be on an American show and NOT say I'm from Toronto.  Who the hell is going to care about some Canadian suburb?  I've met Americans who don't even know about Toronto.  But I guess that's a Canadian/American difference here.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, RedbirdNelly said:

I found this to be pretty boring but reserving judgment. Maybe it will pick up as we get to know personalities better.

I like Rob and Sandra (especially Sandra) so I'm fine seeing them but talk about boring. The lesson is how to build fire? something any person going on Survivor should already know? I would be so disappointed. It took up a lot of the episode and frankly I have no interest in watching someone learn to make fire. I don't mind Rob and Sandra commentary--they are funny and snarky. But the lesson stuff--ugh.

You and I and our fellow posters would learn how to make a fire before going on Survivor but the actual contestants, not so much.  They all seemed pretty impressed and surprised by the woman who built the fire the first day.  Good for her.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I totally agree and wrote similarly.  Also, I looked up his age.  He's 48.  Not that it's okay when 20 year old guys do it, but there are just no excuses, and I don't understand the idea of feeling sympathy either.

ITA. And not only is he 48, but he's a talent manager in LA (I wasn't sure I had the right guy in my first post), so he'd be very well aware of Me Too and Times Up. Quite frankly if he hasn't at some point in his life complained that he can't even hug a woman any more for fear of being Me-too-ed, I'll eat my hat. He should 10000% know better. 

I didn't realise how cranky I was about this until I'd hit send on that last post. Ugh. 

Edited by MissEwa
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, OFDgal said:

You and I and our fellow posters would learn how to make a fire before going on Survivor but the actual contestants, not so much.  They all seemed pretty impressed and surprised by the woman who built the fire the first day.  Good for her.

I've made fires with a flint camping (and also with a lighter 🙂, but I was impressed that she practiced making fire with bamboo and coconut husks.  That takes some commitment!  Like she knew how to strip the bamboo and make a little bowl in it -- or whatever it was she did.

• Love 5

I am a Boston Rob fan.  The season where he did win, it was a pleasure to watch him work his hustle and bamboozle his entire tribe, professing to them all the while "you're stupid if you don't vote me out."  I am not really a Sandra fan, she rubs me the wrong way.  She just lacks that twinkle Boston Rob has when he says something dreadfully egotistical.  However, I admire the hell out of her "anyone but me" strategy that clearly offers her the flexibility to skate through all the strategery to the win.

So....the touchie-feelie guy...Dan, is it?  Is he any sort of chiropractor or masseuse or physical therapist with special skills he's offering to the tribe so they'll be motivated to keep him?  I tell you, I've got shoulder and neck issues, so if I had access to someone like that who could help with those on a daily basis, I'd be motivated to keep him.  Or is he just a touchie-feelie horndog guy who wouldn't recognize a boundary if he tripped over it?  Does he pull this stuff with the guys on the tribe, or only the women? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I feel sympathy for him because he's gone on Survivor and, with his character yet to be revealed, is instantly reviled as that guy. Maybe he's gay, and clueless. Maybe he's an entitled perv. We don't yet know. And while you say, 'not that it's okay' that 20 year old guys do it, I do think if an attractive young man was giving shoulder massages and relaxing against a young woman, which has happened on previous seasons with smiles all round, no-one would be shouting pervert. But I guess, having encountered genuine perverts in my time, MMV.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, LadyChatts said:

I thought, even with the island of giant heads, this one episode already beat the POS season that was EOE.  I had a hard time telling Aaron and Ronnie apart, but both were equally annoying, and I was fine with either one of them leaving.

I didn't realize there was 2 of them until Ronnie left and yet was still sitting there 😄 

10 hours ago, dsteele said:

It wasn't just Vince. They really should just rename this season:
S39 - Island of the Bulging Underpants

Hahahahaha!  It's true 😄 

• LOL 4

I just realized, since Jeff isn't suppose to manipulate or interfere in any game play, maybe he's finally found a way to do this.  I saw another poster bring this up (sorry, couldn't find the original post), but by Rob and Sandra going to TC in their spy shack, and seeing the dynamics, will they use that as they meet more of the castaways?  Could they subtly let something slip?  We may not see it, of course, so there'd be no accusations of rigging or favoritism (until certain people start getting all the idols and advantages from them), but it doesn't mean it isn't happening.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I'm from a suburb of Toronto, there's no way I'd be on an American show and NOT say I'm from Toronto.  Who the hell is going to care about some Canadian suburb?  I've met Americans who don't even know about Toronto.  But I guess that's a Canadian/American difference here.

Nah, I'm in the US and I'd never say I lived in Horsham, no one outside that area would know where that is.  I say I lived in Philadelphia instead.  I currently live in a 'burb of Saint Paul, but I still say I live in St Paul (or the Twin Cities) because no one outside this area would know where Maplewood is.  

• Love 10

I have no patience for obliviously obnoxious Dan, but I think I was more offended by Tom the hockey player who liked Elaine because, "She's not like those prissy other women in dresses all the time."  I don't think truly prissy women go on Survivor and there's not a woman out there in a dress, but in Tom's condescending mind all women are prissy dress wearers worthy of nothing but scorn and dismissal, unless, like Elaine, they have somehow managed to penetrate his stereotype to the point of actually being seen. 

• Love 3

Yeah I may be alone here but I think Elizabeth's little lie is not going to come back to haunt her in any way shape or form. For one it wasn't a lie about another player or players (those are the ones people take personally) but instead was a lie about a gimmick that the producers introduced this season. A gimmick mind you that most of the players on this season are actually going to love given the fact the most of this cast are superfans. In fact I can someone like say Chelsea coming back from IOI and thanking Elizabeth for not spoiling the moment of being surprised taht Rob and Sabra are there. I also believe as Dom and Stephen said last night on RHAP that whoever comes back from IOI next will probably keep up the lie and bond with Elizabeth over it. But we shall see. I have been wrong before.

• Love 8
19 hours ago, BK1978 said:

I have been singing the praises of Australian Survivor all over the Big Brother threads, might as well do so here.  Seriously though, if you need a summer Survivor fix I would suggest checking it out.  

I would love to watch the international Survivors. Any tips how?

1 hour ago, LanceM said:

Yeah I may be alone here but I think Elizabeth's little lie is not going to come back to haunt her in any way shape or form. For one it wasn't a lie about another player or players (those are the ones people take personally) but instead was a lie about a gimmick that the producers introduced this season. A gimmick mind you that most of the players on this season are actually going to love given the fact the most of this cast are superfans. In fact I can someone like say Chelsea coming back from IOI and thanking Elizabeth for not spoiling the moment of being surprised taht Rob and Sabra are there. I also believe as Dom and Stephen said last night on RHAP that whoever comes back from IOI next will probably keep up the lie and bond with Elizabeth over it. But we shall see. I have been wrong before.

I’m not bothered by it either.  It’s like that other season where exiled people broke a jar for a chance at immunity or some advantage.  I feel like (I could be misremembering) some people lied about it and no one held it against them.  Same with Elizabeth.  Once people get to the Idol island they’ll be like “ahhh... I see now why she said what she said”.

• Love 2
On 9/26/2019 at 3:34 AM, HeShallBMySquishy said:

It's Dan who is the Gropey McGroperson. Tom is the Canadian (the very first!) retired NHL defenceman, who made the horrific blunder of going off for ten minutes with two others to gather palm fronds. I do like all three of them actually, especially Elaine. And yes, CBS, bring Vince some pants!

Don't forget Kel Gleason from way back in season 2. He was born in America, but raised in New Brunswick. I seem to remember that he was called Canadian back then. 

He was the guy Jerri accused of having beef jerky.

• Love 3

Yeah, I actually think Elisabeth didn't think her lie through.  Going with the "broke the jar, dang it...I didn't get an advantage...darn my luck!" story just made everybody think that maybe she really does have have an idol, so they should vote for her to flush it.  Coming back to gush about Sandra and Boston Rob also wasn't in her best interest, but at least it would be the truth which is going to come out anyway.  

She should have asked her mentors for advice on what to say IOI was like--should she make up a lie--and if so, what lie should she make up--or should she spill the beans?

• Love 4
15 hours ago, fishcakes said:

it sucks that Kellee had to couch her talk with him about in terms that made it seem like her problem and not his.

That was an object lesson in "What life's like for a woman in the workplace."

I don't miss the workplace. (retired due to disability)

• Love 9
8 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Next time on Island of Idols, Rob continues to give good advice to visitor #2: breathe air. Because “trust your gut” wasn’t basic enough.

Don't you hate that?  The only advice my gut ever gave me was, don't eat at Taco Bell.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

The good part, the start where they just had to get straight down to things, plenty of tribe dynamics.

The bad, the chance element is really ridiculous. 

Being told who I'm supposed to root for in the edit and who's supposed to be the villain is extremely boring, but most of all it just makes it too predictable on who survives longer.  It's like the audience just want production to tell them who to root for so they don't have to gamble and decide themselves.  Reality shows that aren't live seem to be like that now, I would just love more reality than pantomime.

Interesting they didn't show the 'no vote', really just to let her get away with it.

Edited by amazingracefan
8 minutes ago, amazingracefan said:

Interesting they didn't show the 'no vote', really just to let her get away with it.

Well, Elizabeth is the first one to actually write "No Vote" on a parchment.  All previous non-voters simply didn't put anything in the urn, or had an alternate piece or parchment they had to place in the urn instead of their vote.  In their cases, they didn't exactly announce there was one fewer vote than there should have been.  Anyone paying attention might have put it together, but they didn't seem to.  So there is a precedent.

Also, in this case, they didn't need to read all the "votes" anyway.  The final vote was 7-2.  Peachy read 6 of the 7, which was enough.  Elizabeth can just claim her vote wasn't read, which is true enough.

• Love 3